Problem with problem section

Hi,

I have defined as follows:
\newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section]

and I use as:

\begin{problem}
\label{ch6:p2}

{\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}}

Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment.
Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments.
\end{problem}
What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next
problem.
With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other
pages, before
next problem section starts.

How can I fix this?

I don't have this problem in section, subsection and subsubsection.
Please help

On Nov 16, 1:57=A0pm, Sant <santhosh_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have defined as follows:
> \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section]
>
> and I use as:

> \begin{problem}
> \label{ch6:p2}
>
> {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}}
>
> Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment.
> Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments.
> \end{problem}
> What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next
> problem.
> With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other
> pages, before
> next problem section starts.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> I don't have this problem in section, subsection and subsubsection.
> Please help

This might help, to some extent...

Use the \clearpage (or \cleardoublepage} command, whichever suits you.
  http://www-hermes.desy.de/latex/ltx-213.html

Werner
0
wgrundlingh (415)
11/17/2008 3:34:14 PM
On Nov 16, 1:57 pm, Sant <santhosh_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next
> problem.
> With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other
> pages, before
> next problem section starts.

\usepackage{placeins}

then contrive to put \FloatBarrier in the definition of \problem.

Donald Arseneau                         asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the t...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

Problem importing PDF image (problem with the text)
I want to make some changes to a map. It's available as a PDF with graphics and text. As a PDF I can zoom to any level and the text looks great. When I import the PDF into GIMP, the text is horrible. All diagonals and curves in the letters are jagged. This happens regardless of whether I tell GIMP to anitalias text. I can see the anti-aliasing of the graphics lines, but not of the text. My system is: Win2K Gimp 2.4.2 GhostScript 8.54 I've learned to import PDFs at high resolution to retain accuracy when enlarging them, so I've tried up to 500 when import...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Did you think about HEAT? Access point? You mean Wireless? If no and your device is cheap try replacing it. Hristo http://hristo.no-ip.info "Daz" <thomas@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:edr561598tm4vp8otbde4tb0ts7vr26si9@4ax.com... > Hi > can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. > Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network > has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. > > if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub > and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. > there is no disconnection from the other servers. > > I have,..... > > 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. > 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok > 3. tested the lan cables. > 4. tested the lan access points. > > yet still i have the trouble. > > any su...

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Di...

encoding problem with BeautifulSoup
Hi, I am having some encoding problems when I first parse stuff from a non-english website using BeautifulSoup and then write the results to a txt file. I have the text both as a normal (text) and as a unicode string (utext): print repr(text) 'Branie zak\xc2\xb3adnik\xc3\xb3w' print repr(utext) u'Branie zak\xb3adnik\xf3w' print text or print utext (fileSoup.prettify() also shows 'wrong' symbols): Branie zak=B3adnik=F3w Now I am trying to save this to a file but I never get the encoding right. Here is what I tried (+ lot's of different things with encode, decode...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same problems. Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8? I want to cry!!!! Help me please. Thanks a lot. PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem? AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in news:s4usj5p0otqo5hlr30rsbnibj2t0uh3od1@4ax.com: > Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first > day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. > My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. > I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets > stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again > regularly. > Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. > Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. > Always the same problem. > Then ..... I h...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): > State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). > plot 10 realisations of X(t) > plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t So what have you tried? If you have not tried anything, this is a suggestion that you were not paying attention in class. Make an effort. John "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)]...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

AUTH problems + Eudora Problem
hello 2 problems first thanks for help ! a.) in my log are this entrys >Sep 29 18:41:44 mail sendmail[19032]: >i8TGffmK019021: SYSERR(root): hash >map >"authinfo": missing map file /etc/mail/authinfo.db: No such >file or directo Does not sendmail makes authinfo.db automatical ? is it cause of FEATURE(`authinfo')dnl in the .mc? b.) when i auth with outlook all is fine, when i try to auth over eudora there comes a failure that i need to auth. i use this .mc (all works fine auth with outlook in testing too) divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-linux.mc,v 8.1 1...

mwm problems and Motif problems
I'm having problems with mwm: I editied a $(HOME)/Mwm file to set some resources, for example the title area background and foreground colors, but they don't have effect. I would also like to prevent the user from moving the application's main window by actig on the title bar. Another thing I would like to set is the font used by my application: for achieving this, I edited the resource file for my application, located in X11R6/.../app-defaults/<appl_class_name> writing in it: *Font : 8x13 I get the warning message: Warning: Cannot convert string "8x...

Printer problem or application problem?
I use an HP Deskjet 5550. My favorite word processing application is Word Perfect (I use WP Office 2002 Professional with the latest service pack.) I am unable to format an envelope size 6 3/4. I get a message saying the printer does not support that size, and do I want to use the nearest close approximate (DL), That is an acceptable but not convenient alternative. However, using Microsoft Word, I am able to format and print size 6 3/4 envelopes without difficulty. I have had extensive conversations on a Corel users forum about this, but nobody seems to come up with a solution. Is this a problem with the printer, or is this a problem with Word Perfect? On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:15:45 -0400, "Gordon Nelson" <banovce@aaahawk.com> wrote: >I use an HP Deskjet 5550. My favorite word processing application is Word >Perfect (I use WP Office 2002 Professional with the latest service pack.) > >I am unable to format an envelope size 6 3/4. I get a message saying the >printer does not support that size, and do I want to use the nearest close >approximate (DL), That is an acceptable but not convenient alternative. > >However, using Microsoft Word, I am able to format and print size 6 3/4 >envelopes without difficulty. > >I have had extensive conversations on a Corel users forum about this, but >nobody seems to come up with a solution. > >Is this a problem with the printer, or is this a problem w...

Cable problem or card problem
hi i have a tekram scsi card, i have connected my hd on her 68-Pin Wide SCSI Internal that work fine. this week i received a adaptect 39160. i have connected my hd with the same cable of my other scsi card, under linux i get some message: Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: SCSI error : <1 0 0 0> return code = 0x6000000 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 19847 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: Incorrect number of segments after building list Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: counted 9, received 3 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: req nr_sec 1016, cur_nr_sec 8 Dec 12 1...

sna problem + arp problems
hello, i'm have tow problems i'm working on F50 aix 4.3.3.11 1) when i'm using ping command my arp table not be update. 2) on sna ver 6 i'm get this error : start_ls command failed : primary_rc = LS_FAILURE, secondary_rc = PARTNER_NOT_FOUND on /var/sna/sna.err the i've get this error : GDLC rejected call to start LS Error = cannot find the remote name (-920) thank ariec arieco@clalit.org.il wrote: > i'm working on F50 aix 4.3.3.11 > > 1) when i'm using ping command my arp table not be update. Do you get ICMP replies to your pings? Do you ping I...

Problem in solving a problem by matlab.
Hello Everybody, I am having a problem in back propagation network. It is not a direct one to use sofwares like matlab for simulation. The problem is briefly described as follows. I want to specify the number of interconnections in the hidden layer or between the hidden layers. Can this possible using Matlab? Also I want to share the weights between two sets of hidden layers how to do that in Matlab? Please suggest me any other GUI softwares that can solve both the above problems or give me suggestions or atleast the posibility of doing this in Matlab(any...

ReFresh problem or target problem
I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame. I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well. Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refr...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater makes purify spit BSW's char string[16469]; //This and greater makes purify spit a IPW/R's string[0]='\0'; } This is purify's output: IPW: Invalid pointer write This is occurring while in thread 7: void output() [testmain3.o] void two() [testmain3.o] void*one(void*) [testmain3.o] _thread_start [libthread.so.1] Writing 1 byte to 0x7e5fbbef on the stack of thread 7. Address 0x7e5fbbef is 16473 bytes below frame pointer in function void output(). Thread Summary : 7 threads in existence Thread 0 [main thread] Stack Limit : (0xff3f0000 0xffbf0000), size = 0x800000 Thread 1 Stack Limit : (0x7ef10000 0x7f010000), size = 0x100000 Stack Use : (0x7f00fa30 0x7f00fd54), size = 0x...

Decision Problem and Optimization Problem
Two questions occurred to me when I studied materials related to Church-Turing thesis. A book say ALL problems are classfied into decision problems or optimization problems. Is it right? If so, how can we prove it? And an optimization problem can be solved by binary searching between a lower bound and a upper bound, if we can solve the corresponding decision problem. But is it ALWAYS possible to know the boundaries? Thanks. Deokhwan Kim wrote: > Two questions occurred to me when I studied materials related to > Church-Turing thesis. > > A book say ALL problems are classfied in...

Web resources about - Problem with problem section - comp.text.tex

Wanneroo council calls on WA environment minister over 3500 problem kangaroos
The Wanneroo council wants the WA environment minister to step in over a Yanchep country club apparently driving more than 3500 kangaroos from ...

IRS shuts down identity security tool for taxpayers due to security problems
The Internal Revenue Service has temporarily suspended use of its Identity Protection PIN tool "as part of its ongoing security review," according ...

GM recalls Colorado, Canyon, and Malibu for airbag problem
Filed under: Recalls , Chevrolet , GM , GMC , Safety , Sedan , Truck GM is recalling the 2016 Chevy Colorado, Malibu, and GMC Canyon for the ...

One simple solution to dozens of problems you might be having with your iPhone
Not every iPhone update is a winner. Sometimes apps don't work correctly, the battery life takes or a whole host of other issues might arise. ...

Apple's iPhone problem in one chart: Apple usually does worse than the market as a whole
... net adds of new phones are in decline and the major portion of "growth" to be had is in replacing existing units. That's a particular problem ...

Renewables Could Hold The Key To China’s Water Problems
... improved plant cooling technologies for existing power plants, could go a [&hellip Renewables Could Hold The Key To China’s Water Problems ...

Can cousin of marijuana plant ease NFL's concussion problem?
Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon calls himself "old school," including his use of marijuana both during and after his career.

The 5 Big Problems That Hurt Marco Rubio In 2016
It’s looking increasingly like is in real danger of an embarrassing primary loss in his home state of Florida on Tuesday. The press seems to ...

Conservative groups line up to fight for Supreme Court blockade, forgetting that Trump problem
All of the conservative interest groups that just can't stomach getting involved in a presidential election that is almost certainly going to ...