Problem with problem section

Hi,

I have defined as follows:
\newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section]

and I use as:

\begin{problem}
\label{ch6:p2}

{\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}}

Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment.
Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments.
\end{problem}
What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next
problem.
With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other
pages, before
next problem section starts.

How can I fix this?

I don't have this problem in section, subsection and subsubsection.
Please help

On Nov 16, 1:57=A0pm, Sant <santhosh_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have defined as follows:
> \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section]
>
> and I use as:

> \begin{problem}
> \label{ch6:p2}
>
> {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}}
>
> Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment.
> Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments.
> \end{problem}
> What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next
> problem.
> With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other
> pages, before
> next problem section starts.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> I don't have this problem in section, subsection and subsubsection.
> Please help

This might help, to some extent...

Use the \clearpage (or \cleardoublepage} command, whichever suits you.
  http://www-hermes.desy.de/latex/ltx-213.html

Werner
0
wgrundlingh (415)
11/17/2008 3:34:14 PM
On Nov 16, 1:57 pm, Sant <santhosh_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next
> problem.
> With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other
> pages, before
> next problem section starts.

\usepackage{placeins}

then contrive to put \FloatBarrier in the definition of \problem.

Donald Arseneau                         asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)