Problem with table of contents name and with "list of listings" name

Hi,

I would like the automatic table of contents to have as chapter title "Table
of Contents" rather than "Contents".
I have tried putting in the preamble and/or in the main body the following
lines:

\providecommand*{\contentsname}{}
\renewcommand*{\contentsname}{Table of Contents}

However the displayed chapter heading is still "Contents"

Along the same lines I am using the listing package and when I use the
\lstlistoflistings command I get as chapter heading "Contents" which I would
like to change to "List of Listings" (or some such).

I am using a customized class, however it is only very slightly modified to
produce different footers and headers and it is based on the report class.

For the rest I post below the contents of my preamble (in case the problem
lies there).

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Preamble Contents:

\usepackage{ifpdf}

%Font Related
\usepackage[sc,slantedGreek]{mathpazo}
\usepackage[scaled=0.92]{helvet}
\usepackage{courier}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fix-cm,newlfont,textcomp} %type1cm,
\ifpdf \usepackage[activate=normal]{pdfcprot} \else \typeout{Package
`pdfcprot' was not loaded} \fi

%Extended Maths e.g. align, multiline, genfrac...
\usepackage{amsmath,amsfonts,amssymb,amsthm,amscd}

%Graphicx
related --------------------------------------------------------------------
--
\ifpdf \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage[pdftex,dvipsnames,table,hyperref]{xcolor} \usepackage{epstopdf}

%General
improvements ---------------------------------------------------------------
---
\usepackage{fancyhdr,fancyvrb,listings} %improved headers, verbatim and code
formatting
\usepackage[format=hang,labelfont=bf,tableposition=top]{caption} %improved
captions
\usepackage{multirow,supertabular,longtable} %improved tables
\usepackage{bm,exscale,enumerate,url,calc,afterpage,chngpage,varioref,units}
\usepackage[UKenglish]{babel} %improved hypenation
\usepackage[square,comma,numbers,sort&compress]{natbib} %improved
bibliography

%Pdf related
packages ------------------------------------------------------------------
\ifpdf \usepackage{pdfpages}
 \else \typeout{Package `pdfpages' was not loaded} \fi
\ifpdf \usepackage[pdftex, pdfpagemode={None}, bookmarks, bookmarksopen,
pdfstartview={FitH}, colorlinks, linkcolor={blue}, citecolor={green},
urlcolor={red},]{hyperref} \else \usepackage[dvips]{hyperref} \fi

%Page setup page
size ------------------------------------------------------------------
\usepackage{geometry}

%Set
up -------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
\geometry{a4paper,left=35mm,right=22mm}
\lstset{language=Lisp, basicstyle=\footnotesize}
\setlength{\pagewidth}{\textwidth}
\graphicspath{{images/}} %image directory w.r.t. main file

%
Fuzz -----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------
\hfuzz2pt % Don't bother to report over-full boxes if over-edge is < 2pt

%The following commands are to have the one off footnote using symbols.
%The usage is the same as the normal footnote, footnotetext and footnotemark
commands
%e.g. use \symbolfootnote[1]{footnote} to get an *
%0 = blank footnote, 1 - *, 2 - dagger, 3 - double dagger, 4 - ... 9 (see
page 175 of the latex manual)
%\symbolfootnote
\long\def\symbolfootnote[#1]#2{\begingroup
 \def\thefootnote{\fnsymbol{footnote}}\footnote[#1]{#2}\endgroup}
%\symbolfootnotetext
\long\def\symbolfootnotetext[#1]#2{\begingroup
 \def\thefootnote{\fnsymbol{footnote}}\footnotetext[#1]{#2}\endgroup}
%\symbolfootnotemark
\long\def\symbolfootnotemark[#1]#2{\begingroup
 \def\thefootnote{\fnsymbol{footnote}}\footnotemark[#1]\endgroup}

%Following commands define super and sub script for textmode
\DeclareRobustCommand{\sups}[1]{\raisebox{1ex}{\small #1}}
\DeclareRobustCommand{\subs}[1]{\raisebox{-1ex}{\small #1}}

0
rmagere

"rmagere" <rmagere@*the-mail-that-burns*.com> writes:

> \renewcommand*{\contentsname}{Table of Contents}
>
> However the displayed chapter heading is still "Contents"

Selecting a language (babel) sets \contentsname, plus all the
other names.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
5/5/2005 11:46:22 AM

see http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latexwords
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0
Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> "rmagere" <rmagere@*the-mail-that-burns*.com> writes:
>> \usepackage[UKenglish]{babel} %improved hypenation
>
> see http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latexwords

Thank you both for the replies.

0
rmagere

name?" "What day is today?" "What did you have a list of peg
name?" "What day is today?" "What did you have a list of peg ...

Can it be done? Change the "From" header of a message from "address only" to "Name" based on contact list.
I have several email contacts that use clients or services that deliver onl= y the email address in their email header (or they just don't put their ful= l name in their profile)rather than their name. It gets difficult keeping = them all straight as to who is who. All of these email addresses are in my address book, along with the individ= ual's name. is there a way for Pmail to cross-reference and replace the "F= rom" header with the sender's name? Or even adding it to the subject line = or something like that? I've been playing with different things ...

List of all table names beginning with "ABCDE"
I have an Access 2.0 app I still use. How best can I list all tables in a combo- box on an Access 2.0 form - just tables beginning with "ABCDE"? Bear in mind that I'm adding new tables to the app frequently - the method would have to be dynamic rather than static. Set the RowSource of the combo to this query statement: SELECT MsysObjects.[Name] FROM MsysObjects WHERE ((MsysObjects.[Type] IN (1, 4, 6)) AND ([Name] Like "ABCDE*")) ORDER BY MsysObjects.[Name]; -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://all...

Read form "name" attribute when it contains form field with name "name"
Hello, I have bumped upon this problem: I do some client-side form processing with JavaScript, and for this I loop over all the forms in the document. In order to identify them, I read their "name" property (which sources from "name" HTML attribue). The problem is, that if the form contains form control named "name", it overwrites the form name property. In fact, I'm quite surprised that it's so easy to spoil any of the form object properties - the form just needs to contain a field named, say, "onsubmit", and - voila - it's done! Also, if t...

What are "Service Name" and "Target Name" fields?
Colleagues, When I look at the Unix "klist -v" output, I see the "Server:" field e.g. "Server: cvs/svn.sibptus.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU", which is the kerberos-enabled server the ticket is for. However, in Microsoft's kerbtray.exe I see the "Service Name" and "Target Name" fields. What is the difference between them? They can be like Service name: DC01-SIBPTUS$@SIBPTUS.TRANSNEFT.RU Target name: ldap/dc01-sibptus.sibptus.transneft.ru@SIBPTUS.TRANSNEFT.RU What are those fields? Thanks a lot for any input. -- Victor Sudako...

Question about <input type="text" name="firstname">, and auto-clearing contents
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. I need a javascript function, which sits inside a <input type="text" name="firstname"> line of code. Now, if someone starts typing fine, but when it goes 1 character past 15 characters (15 characters only allowed), in this case I would like the contents of the input to be cleared out (automatically), and reset the input and its value back to nothing. a) Can this be done, and will someone please show me to do?? :-) Thank you so much!! AngieX alxasa@gmail.com said: > >Hello, I am hoping someone can help me wi...

An array of a "list" of names.
Hi, I'm using NumPy to build an array of a list of names that will be of multiple dimensions.I did do a google on this subject, but couldn't find what I was looking for. The problem I'm having is there are space between each character in each name. To fix this I used the attribute 'tostring'. This did remove the spaces but now I got to walk the string to rebuild the array with each name being a list.Is there an easier way? If so, how? TIA Wayne ...

authorize "list" & "list/full" replacement?
Is there a free or very low cost program that will give me a single line, per user, output of the Authorize "List/full" command? It is waaaaaayyyyyyy too painful to analyze hundreds of users' accounts, let alone thousands using only sysuaf.lis johnmee3@hotmail.com wrote: > Is there a free or very low cost program that will give me a single > line, per user, output of the Authorize "List/full" command? It is > waaaaaayyyyyyy too painful to analyze hundreds of users' accounts, let > alone thousands using only sysuaf.lis Why are you "analyzing" ...

Bibliography style like "plain" but with "Surname, First Name" instead of "First Name, Surname"
Hello, is there any numbered bibliography style like the "plain" one but such that it lists authors' surnames before their first names? I tried many styles, however, I was not able to find any such one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, vt ...

List of services with "Naming service"
Hello all, Is there any function in "TAO_Naming_Server". which will return all the names of the services registered with it. Regards Sofia A reference from C++ advanced programming guide with CORBA... shows this example StringCollection_var sc = ...; // Get reference... StringList_var sl; StringIterator_var it; sl = sc->list(it); // Get first batch CORBA::ULong i; for (i = 0; i < sl->length(); i++) // Show first batch cout < sl[i] < endl; if (!CORBA::is_nil(it)) { // More to come? do { sl = it->next(); // Get next batch for (i = 0; i < sl->length(); i++) // Show it cout < sl[i] < endl; } while (sl->length() != 0); it->destroy(); // Clean up } Hi Sofia, > Is there any function in "TAO_Naming_Server". which will return all > the names of the services registered with it. Sure - check out the BindingIterator in the TAO_ROOT/orbsvcs/orbsvcs/CosNaming.idl file. There are examples of using this in TAO_ROOT/orbsvcs/tests/Simple_Naming/. BTW, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any question...

[News] Name Your Baby "Google", Name Your Pet "Linux"
I don't know if you have seen the article about the baby whose parents called him "Google". Either way, have a look at "Linux" (and no, it's not a penguin). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVME55YykM ...

authorize "list" & "list/full" replacement? #2
Is there a free or very low cost program that will give me a single line, per user, output of the Authorize "List/full" command? It is waaaaaayyyyyyy too painful to analyze hundreds of users' accounts, let alone thousands using only sysuaf.lis ------------------------------------------ My email is JohnMee3 <AT> comcast.net, not whatever is in the header ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** foo@bar.com wrote: > Is there a free or very low cost program that will give me a single > line, per user, output of the Authorize "List/full" command? It is > wa...

\email give me a "*name@address", how can I get "(a)name@address"
Hi, I need to write an email address in my footnote as (a)name@address (the (a) would have to be superscript). Currently, \email{name@address} gives me *name@address. Any ideas? Thanks M In article <1144516428.459832.282600@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, mhurley wrote: > > I need to write an email address in my footnote as (a)name@address (the > (a) would have to be superscript). Currently, \email{name@address} > gives me *name@address. You should tell us how \email is defined, it depends on the documentstyle you are using. For instance in article \email is not defined and in amsart it gives something different from what you are claiming. Also I don't understand what exactly you want to achieve. Minimal example? http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl Ask questions? http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=askquestion -- Maarten Bergvelt "mhurley" <dahurlster@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I need to write an email address in my footnote as (a)name@address (the > (a) would have to be superscript). Currently, \email{name@address} > gives me *name@address. Wild guess in full crystal ball mode: look around on how to change the symbols that are used by \thanks? Ulrich -- http://talcum.sarovar.org/ (Current release: 0.5.138 20050911) "mhurley" <dahurlster@gmail.com> writes: >I need to write an email address in my footnote as (a)name@address (the >(a) would have to be s...

"gem list" and "sudo gem list" yield different results
Hey there, "sudo gem list" shows all my gems, while "gem list" shows no gems. As a result, I have to start mongrel with "sudo script/server", because without sudo, it can't find my gems. Any clues? Is this a permissions thing? I'm doing this on a centos server. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Mike Nicholaides <mike.nicholaides@gmail.com> wrote: > "sudo gem list" shows all my gems, while > "gem list" shows no gems. Sounds to me that you have more than one Ruby/RubyGems ins...

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"Reverse Doubling List", is there another name?
I am using a abstract data type, which is a linked list of arrays, each one twice as big as the next. Does anyone know if this data-type pre-exists under a different name than "reverse doubling list"? I've discovered that this data type has the property O(1) growth in the average and worst case, and the property of O(1) indexing in the average case and O(LogN) in the worst case. Is this a noteworthy observation, or is it common knowledge amongst theoretical computer scientists? If anyone wants more information, I have published an implementation in C++, along with a brief analy...

"transposing" list of lists
I'm playing around with data structures and in the process of evaluating variations on the "matrix" theme as part of relearning lisp, have been trying to "transpose" lists of lists. By this I mean, I'd like '('(A B C) '(1 2 3) '(E F H) '(4 5 6)) to become '( '(A 1 E 4) '(B 2 F 5) '(C 3 G 6)) Now it's clear that (mapcar #'list '(A B C) '(1 2 3) '(E F H) '(4 5 6)) gives me exactly what I want, but (setf testlist '( '(A 1 E 4) '(B 2 F 5) '(C 3 G 6))) (mapcar #'list testlist) isn'...

"To Do" lists/reminder lists?
I keep a personal "To Do" list or reminder list as a TextEdit document that I keep open in the background, dragging and dropping items to change their priority. Can anyone recommend an application designed for this purpose that might be a little more sophisticated? -- that is, a free-standing app or Contextual Menu that would include the capabilities to add new items while working in another app; assign priorities, creation dates and deadlines to items, assign items to individually defined categories ("Home", "Work", "Kitchen Remodel"); attach No...

correctly including "List of Figures" in the table of contents
How to correctly include the "List of Figures" in the table of contents? I've tried the following: ++++++++++++++++++++++ \tableofcontents \listoffigures \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Figures} \listof{example}{List of Examples} \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Examples} +++++++++++++++++++++++ However, if the list of figures has more than one page, then in the contents appears the number of the last page (instead of the first one) of the list of figures. If I move the addcontents line before, as follows: +++++++++ \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Figures} \listoffigures +++++++++ Then I get the page number of the previous section (in this case, the last page number of the table of contents) So, how to correctly include "List of figures" in the table of contents? Many thanks, DAvid David Portabella <david.portabella@gmail.com> wrote: > How to correctly include the "List of Figures" in the table of > contents? > > I've tried the following: > ++++++++++++++++++++++ > \tableofcontents > > \listoffigures > \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Figures} > > \listof{example}{List of Examples} > \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{List of Examples} > +++++++++++++++++++++++ > > However, if the list of figures has more than one page, > then in the contents appears the number of the last page (instead of > the first one) of the list of figures. > > If I...

Make "ps" list FULL zone name
Hello. On my system, I've got 2 zones setup, which have more or less the same name: ldap-server and ldap-server2. When I now do a "ps -Z", it shows me: ldap-ser root 1713 1 0 Okt 01 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd ldap-ser adm 21808 21805 0 09:00:59 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd Is there a way to instruct "ps" to list the *full* zone name, instead of some abbreviatioN? Thanks, Alexander Alexander Skwar <alexander@skwar.name> wrote: > Hello. > > On my system, I've got 2 zones setup, which have more or less > the same...

AClass ac=AClass("name",23); VS. AClass ac("name", 23);
I've read that... AClass ac = AClass( "name", 23 ); is less efficient than... AClass ac( "name", 23 ); because the first has to create a temporary object which is then assigned to ac. However, I can't seem to prove this true. I've created a class containing the following constructors and overloaded equal operator. /* default constructor */ AClass(); /* main constructor */ AClass( const char *, int ); /* copy constructor */ AClass( const AClass & ); /* overloaded = operator */ AClass operator=( const AClass & ); I placed cout statements...

XPath Problem: Select all childnodes, that names are neither "name1" nor "name2"
Hi! I wanna copy all childnodes of the current nodes except those with basenames "name1" or "name2". Something like <xsl:copy-of select=" basename not equal ('name1' or 'name2') "/> Can someone help please? Thanks, Andreas On Feb 26, 11:01 am, adu...@cs.tu-berlin.de wrote: > I wanna copy all childnodes of the current nodes except > those with basenames "name1" or "name2". What do you mean by 'basename'? Element name, attribute, child element? Please stick to standard terms if you want others to understand...

How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"
Hi !How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"? dolphin wrote: > Hi !How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"? > "touch \\a" nets you "\a" making "-a" filename is harder.. You may have to resort to C code.. Its pretty hard to get the standard tools to ignore what they interpret as switches. On 16 Mar 2007 at 14:36, dolphin wrote: > Hi !How to create a file named "\a" touch '\a' > and "-a"? touch -- -a (assuming GNU touch) -- email: echo t.adllkhsl@iypzavs.hj.br | tr a-gh-pq...

"and" and "or" on every item in a list
Is this the best way to test every item in a list? def alltrue(f,l): return reduce(bool.__and__,map(f,l)) def onetrue(f,l): return reduce(bool.__or__,map(f,l)) >>> alltrue(lambda x:x>1,[1,2,3]) False >>> >>> alltrue(lambda x:x>=1,[1,2,3]) True >>> Thanks On Oct 29, 3:57 pm, GHZ <geraint.willi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is this the best way to test every item in a list? > > def alltrue(f,l): > return reduce(bool.__and__,map(f,l)) > > def onetrue(f,l): > return reduce(bool.__or__,map(f,l)) > > > >...

Web resources about - Problem with table of contents name and with "list of listings" name - comp.text.tex