Problem with using the package floatflt

Dear All

I have tried to use the package floatflt, but no picture appears on
DVI file. My very short TeX document is below. Could anybody here
please help me? Thank you a lot in advance!

Paul
\documentclass[12pt,a4paper,english]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{floatflt}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\makeatletter
\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother
\begin{document}
This is a line of text.

\begin{floatingfigure}{0.50\columnwidth}%
\begin{center}\includegraphics[%
  scale=0.5,bb = 0 0 200 100, draft, type=eps]{image.eps}\end{center}

\caption{This is the picture.}\end{floatingfigure}%

\end{document}
0
phhs802 (30)

Paul Smith schrieb:
> Dear All
>
> I have tried to use the package floatflt, but no picture appears on
> DVI file. My very short TeX document is below. Could anybody here
> please help me? Thank you a lot in advance!

put it in the right place. I suppose that you use
LyX (the code looks LyX like). In this case do
not use the center environment from the menu,
write instead \centering as TeX command.

Herbert

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{floatflt}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\def\x{This is a line of text. }

\begin{document}
\x\x\x\x
\begin{floatingfigure}{0.50\columnwidth}%
\centering
\includegraphics[%
   scale=0.5,bb = 0 0 200 100, draft, type=eps]{image.eps}
\caption{This is the picture.}
\end{floatingfigure}
\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x
\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x
\end{document}

Dear Herbert

Thank you very much indeed for your reply! Your LaTeX document works
fine! However, if I use your approach in my LaTeX document, I mean, if
I use your code:

\begin{floatingfigure}{0.50\columnwidth}%
\centering
\includegraphics[%
   scale=0.5,bb = 0 0 200 100, type=eps]{boazona.eps}
\caption{This is the picture.}
\end{floatingfigure}

then the reported problem remains! It may exist some conflict with
other packages used on my document...

You has correctly guessed: I produced my LaTeX document with LyX.

Paul

Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@alumni.TU-Berlin.DE> wrote in message news:<3F7E5F8F.8070107@alumni.TU-Berlin.DE>...
> Paul Smith schrieb:
> > Dear All
> >
> > I have tried to use the package floatflt, but no picture appears on
> > DVI file. My very short TeX document is below. Could anybody here
> > please help me? Thank you a lot in advance!
>
> put it in the right place. I suppose that you use
> LyX (the code looks LyX like). In this case do
> not use the center environment from the menu,
> write instead \centering as TeX command.
>
> Herbert
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{floatflt}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
>
> \def\x{This is a line of text. }
>
> \begin{document}
> \x\x\x\x
> \begin{floatingfigure}{0.50\columnwidth}%
> \centering
> \includegraphics[%
>    scale=0.5,bb = 0 0 200 100, draft, type=eps]{image.eps}
> \caption{This is the picture.}
> \end{floatingfigure}
> \x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x
> \x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x
> \end{document}
0
phhs802 (30)
10/4/2003 9:38:09 AM
Paul Smith schrieb:
> \includegraphics[%
>    scale=0.5,bb = 0 0 200 100, type=eps]{boazona.eps}

should be

\includegraphics[scale=0.5]{boazona.eps}

the additional options are inserted by LyX, when the
file isn't found.

Hebrert

Herbert Voss has kindly solved the problem for me. He identified two
sort of causes: the image width and the missing text in the paragraph.
0
phhs802 (30)

problem in using graphicx package when xmltex used with pdftex
Dear All, I am able to compile the below incorporated testxml.tex using latex in MiKTeX, but when I am trying to compile the same file with pdflatex it is throwing the following error message: --------- "error "(C:\MiKTeX\texmf\tex\latex\base\omscmr.fd) ! Undefined control sequence. % as scratch registers e l.22 % as scratch registers ; inside context we may consider" --------- I tried to analyze and find that this is happening due to the graphicx package and in turn of that it is due to pdftex.def driver. I further analyze and find that the origin of problem is supp-pdf.tex which is loaded in pdftex.def, thus if I comment the line containg "\InputIfFileExists{supp-pdf}{}{}" the document is getting compiled or even if I don't comment this but just load the graphicx package at begin document using \AtBeginDocument{\usepackage{graphicx}} then also there is not any problem. Given example is just a shortened form of a real life problem and it would not be a good Idea to load each package at begin document which calls pdftex.def as driver. Can any one help me out and suggest what to do to overcome this so that I will not be requiring to change the code to load packages at begin document? Is this a bug or it is just my short knowledge? Below is attached a complete set of one simple example Please let me know if my question is not clear or it is confusing. Thanks in advance Kind Regards David -----------------------...

floatflt package use
Hi, I am trying to get text to wrap around a figure, and have been messing about with floatflt and wrapfig without much success. Using floatflt: [lots of text] \begin{floatingfigure}[l]{0.5\textwidth} \centering \includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth]{TIMING/log1.eps} \caption{a caption} \label{tim:log1} \end{floatingfigure} [lots of text] This produces no picture in the .dvi file and the label is not recognised. No error messages are produced, except the undefined label, but the figure is 'counted', i.e. all subsequent figures are labelled as if this one existed. I have similar results when trying to use wrapfig. Any ideas? My preamble (separate file) looks like: \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,oneside]{report} \usepackage[sort]{natbib} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{epsfig} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{setspace} \usepackage{rotating} \usepackage{tabularx} \usepackage{sidecap} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \usepackage{ulem} \usepackage{ccaption} \usepackage[vflt]{floatflt} %\usepackage{wrapfigure} \pagestyle{fancy} \bibpunct{(}{)}{;}{a}{,}{,} \setcounter{secnumdepth}{2} \setlength{\topmargin}{0cm} \setlength{\marginparwidth}{0cm} \setlength{\marginparsep}{0cm} \setlength{\bibsep}{0cm} \addtolength{\headheight}{2.5pt} \setlength{\textheight}{23cm} \addtolength{\oddsidemargin}{-0.5cm} \setlength{\evensidemargin}{0in} \setlength{\textwidth}{16cm} \setlength{\parskip}{0.25cm} \renewcommand{\textfraction}{0.05} \renewcommand{\topfraction}{0.95} \renewcommand{\bottomfr...

problem using flashcard package
hello I have tried to modify the the avery5388.cfg file that comes along with the flashcard package on ctan. My target layout is the avery zweckform c32010 business card with a4 paper size. This product has the following parameters: width: 85 mm height: 54 mm top margin: 13 mm left/right margin: 15 mm and consequently an inner horizontal margin of 10 mm as the width of an a4 sheet is 210 mm. Now if I set the variables in the edited copy of avery5388.cfg and play around with dvips I get about the correct boxes for the card (using the grid option when declaring the flashcard p...

Problem using fancyvrb package
Please can someone familiar with the fancyvrb package help me resolve the following problem? \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fancyvrb,xcolor} \makeatletter % I replaced \end with \finish in the following codes because I prefer to use finish. No problem here: \begingroup \catcode`\!=0 \catcode`\[=1 \catcode`\]=2 !gdef!FV@CheckEnd@i#1[!FV@@CheckEnd#1\finish{}!@nil] !gdef!FV@@CheckEnd@i#1\finish#2#3!@nil[!def!@tempa[#2]!def!@tempb[#3]] !gdef!FV@@@CheckEnd@i[\finish{}] \catcode`!\=12 !gdef!FV@CheckEnd@ii#1[!FV@@CheckEnd#1\finish{}!@nil] !gdef!FV@@CheckEnd@ii#1\finish#2#3!...

problem using rpm package
Hi all, I am trying to create a rpm package. In the spec file %install section *** %install mkdir -p /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/ install -s -m 755 -o 0 -g mouse /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/mouse *** The install command creates a "mouse?" file in /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/ intsead of mouse. The same command works fine on command line. I have also tried using cp command. I am getting same results Could you please tell me why this is happening? Thanks, Jitesh On 22 Aug 2003 07:01:04 -0700, Jitesh K Patil, Systems Engineer, Wipro Technologies. in &l...

problem using rpm package
Hi all, I am trying to create a rpm package. In the spec file %install section *** %install mkdir -p /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/ install -s -m 755 -o 0 -g mouse /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/mouse *** The install command creates a "mouse?" file in /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/ intsead of mouse. The same command works fine on command line. I have also tried using cp command. I am getting same results Could you please tell me why this is happening? Thanks, Jitesh ...

Problem with using hyperref package
would like to use hypperref with Caltech thesis package from http://www.work.caltech.edu/ling/tips/cit_thesis.html. After adding \usepackage[% colorlinks=true,linkcolor=black,citecolor=black,urlcolor=black,% pdfstartview=FitH,% bookmarksopen=true,bookmarksopenlevel=0,% plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,% pagebackref=true,% pdftoolbar=true,bookmarks=true]{hyperref} I am getting Latex error } % Incompatible versions of \ifpdf can cause problems, therefore package loading is aborted. Any ideas how to solve this are welcome. Peter wrote: > would like to use hypperref with Caltech thesis package from > http://www.work.caltech.edu/ling/tips/cit_thesis.html. After adding > > \usepackage[% > colorlinks=true,linkcolor=black,citecolor=black,urlcolor=black,% > pdfstartview=FitH,% > bookmarksopen=true,bookmarksopenlevel=0,% > plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,% > pagebackref=true,% > pdftoolbar=true,bookmarks=true]{hyperref} > > I am getting Latex error > > } > % > Incompatible versions of \ifpdf can cause problems, > therefore package loading is aborted. > > Any ideas how to solve this are welcome. Your problem is: \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined \pdffalse % no pdfLaTeX \else \pdfoutput=1 % pdfLaTeX \pdftrue \fi in the class file. As you will see in many places, the safe method to detect PDF output is the ifpdf package, which is how h...

floatflt package use #2
Hi, (sorry if this posts twice) I'm trying to use floatflt but without much success (I've tried wrapfig as well): [lots of text] \begin{floatingfigure}[l]{0.5\textwidth} \centering \includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth]{TIMING/log1.eps} \caption{A caption.} \label{tim:log1} \end{floatingfigure} [lots of text] The .dvi file that is produced does not contain this figure and doesn't recognise the label. The figure is counted, in the sense that all subsequent (non-floatingfigure) figures are numbered as if this one existed. No errors appear on screen or in the .log file, other than the undefined label. Any ideas? My preamble looks like (different file): \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,oneside]{report} \usepackage[sort]{natbib} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{epsfig} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{setspace} \usepackage{rotating} \usepackage{tabularx} \usepackage{sidecap} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \usepackage{ulem} \usepackage{ccaption} \usepackage[vflt]{floatflt} %\usepackage{wrapfigure} \pagestyle{fancy} \bibpunct{(}{)}{;}{a}{,}{,} \setcounter{secnumdepth}{2} \setlength{\topmargin}{0cm} \setlength{\marginparwidth}{0cm} \setlength{\marginparsep}{0cm} \setlength{\bibsep}{0cm} \addtolength{\headheight}{2.5pt} \setlength{\textheight}{23cm} \addtolength{\oddsidemargin}{-0.5cm} \setlength{\evensidemargin}{0in} \setlength{\textwidth}{16cm} \setlength{\parskip}{0.25cm} \renewcommand{\textfraction}{0.05} \renewcommand{\topfraction}{0.95} \renewcommand{\bottomfraction}{0....

strange problem using modules from my own package.
hello all, I found a very strange kind of behaviour in python with my own package. I created a package in which there were 4 modules and one __init__.py file I created the entire project in eclipse (pydev). it works fine there with the ide. but now when I try running the code without eclipse, that is when I run the individual .py file from a command promt it gives me error. for example I have mainwindow.py, customer.py, stock.py and of course __init__p.py in my package the app is in wxpython which is not important in the context of this problem. never the less I go in the directory called pbc...

Problem using PicTex and ctable package...
Hi all, I have a document which uses both the pictex and ctable packages. Whenever I try to run it through latex, it spits out errors about "No room for new dimen xxxx". The problem tracks back through to the booktabs.sty file from the booktabs package needed by ctable if pictex is loaded first, or the error is located in the pictex source if ctable is loaded first. I'd really be able to use both packages together, but I'm a TeX novice and don't know how to solve this one. Anyone else have any pearls of wisdom to share? Thanks in advance, simondo simondo wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a document which uses both the pictex and ctable packages. Whenever > I try to run it through latex, it spits out errors about "No room for new > dimen xxxx". The problem tracks back through to the booktabs.sty file from > the booktabs package needed by ctable if pictex is loaded first, or the > error is located in the pictex source if ctable is loaded first. I'd > really be able to use both packages together, but I'm a TeX novice and > don't know how to solve this one. Anyone else have any pearls of wisdom to > share? > > Thanks in advance, > simondo OK, after fiddling for ages trying to make etex work and then trying to download the m-pictex package from ctan (no directory error), I found it was included somewhere in my tex distribution anyway (tetex). So a quick \usepackage{m-pictex} instead of \usepackage...

A problem concerning use of xkeyval package
I am attempting to extend the 'draftwatermark' by Sergio Callegari to meet a special need. I call the new package 'draftwater'. I will like to use a macro I call \draftmarksetup to specify package options, as an alternative to specifying the optional arguments to the \usepackage command. I have used the facilities in the xkeyval package for processing my package options, but the macro \draftmarksetup based on \setkeys has not worked properly. Can anyone familiar with the xkeyval/keyval package help me? The new package and a sample document are listed below. %%% Package draftmark %%% \ProvidesPackage{draftmark} [2009/03/10 v1.0 Puts a draftmark on specified document pages] \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e} \RequirePackage{etoolbox} \RequirePackage{xkeyval} \RequirePackage{atbegshi} \RequirePackage{picture} \RequirePackage{xcolor} \RequirePackage{xifthen} \newif\ifdm@final\dm@finalfalse \newif\ifdm@draft\dm@draftfalse \newif\ifdm@firstpage\dm@firstpagefalse \newif\ifdm@allpages\dm@allpagesfalse \newif\ifdm@oddpages\dm@oddpagesfalse \newif\ifdm@evenpages\dm@evenpagesfalse \newif\ifdm@particularpage\dm@particularpagefalse \newlength\dm@xcoord \setlength\dm@xcoord{0.5\paperwidth} \newlength\dm@ycoord \setlength\dm@ycoord{-0.5\paperheight} \newcount\dm@sytlecnt\dm@sytlecnt=\z@ \newlength\dm@xcoord@tempa \newlength\dm@ycoord@tempa % Defaults: \def\dm@markangle{45} \def\dm@markscale{1} \edef\dm@draftmarkpages{\z@} \edef\dm@markcolorname{gray} \edef\dm@markgrayness{0.8} \def...

Problem using the ODBC text driver
Hi. I have the following problem - I am using the ODBC driver to open in Access a recordset based on a text file, using Set objRecordset = objDB.OpenRecordset(m_strImportTxtFileName, , dbReadOnly) The requirement is for the text file NOT to have a txt or csv extension, for "security reasons" - the customer should not be able to easily open the file. Anyway, we have decided on a "DIS" extension. The interesting part is this - on my development machine, I can open the file just fine with the above mentioned line. On the clients' machines, however, the following error p...

floatflt package: text and caption run through
I wanted to use the floatflt package, so I've the following in the preamble: \usepackage{epsfig,floatflt,afterpage} The I define a new command: \newcommand{\ffig}[5]{ \begin{floatingfigure}{#5cm} \epsfig{file=eps-figuren/#1.eps, height=#4cm} \caption[#2]{#3} \label{fig:#1} \end{floatingfigure}} When I use this command, the problem is that the caption runs through the text which should be wrapped around the figure (and caption!). Example: http://atlas.et.tudelft.nl/auberge/stage.pdf Figure B.1, next to equations B.8 and B.9 When I increase the width of the floatingfigure, it becomes a bit better. But the picture has a width of 4.85 cm, so a width of 5 cm should be ok. 10 cm is ok but caption is then only 1 line. Latex log file: [96] File: eps-figuren/quantum-hoekmoment.eps Graphic file (type eps) <eps-figuren/quantum-hoekmoment.eps> Overfull \hbox (11.72714pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 130--130 [][][] [] Package floatflt Message: Floating figure 1 set on page 97 File: eps-figuren/energie-overgangen.eps Graphic file (type eps) <eps-figuren/energie-overgangen.eps> Overfull \vbox (6.0181pt too high) has occurred while \output is active [] [97] -> So floatflt gives an error but for the picture "energie-overgangen" which is defined via a \begin{figure} ... \end{figure} and comes after the "quantum-hoekmoment" figure defined via \begin{floatingfigure} ... \end{floatingfigure} What am I doing wrong here? Auke ...

Problem in using xy package with xmltex
Dear All, I am using xmltex for typesetting XML documents, I need to use the wide variety of arrows that is available with xy package. A typical example of equation can be like: $$K: \xymatrix{1 & 2 \ar@<1ex> [l]^{\beta}\ar@<-1ex>[l]_{\alpha}},$$ I am able to compile the equation in normal latex document but when I am using the same equation in XML document inside <?xmltex ...?> processing instruction then it's not working. Did anybody faced such problem in using xy package with xmltex engine (XML typesetting)? Can anybody give me some helpfull remarks to get overcome of this. Thanks David Hi All, Can anybody provide me nay helpful tip on this? Regards David david wrote: > Dear All, > > I am using xmltex for typesetting XML documents, I need to use the wide > variety of arrows that is available with xy package. A typical example > of equation can be like: > > $$K: \xymatrix{1 & 2 \ar@<1ex> [l]^{\beta}\ar@<-1ex>[l]_{\alpha}},$$ > > I am able to compile the equation in normal latex document but when I > am using the same equation in XML document inside <?xmltex ...?> > processing instruction then it's not working. > > Did anybody faced such problem in using xy package with xmltex engine > (XML typesetting)? Can anybody give me some helpfull remarks to get > overcome of this. > > Thanks > David ...

Problem Displaying Text Using A Canvas
Hello TCL Gurus, I am building a bulletin board, wherein I am using a canvas t o display the text posted by the users. It is something like this - canvas .bboard for {set i 0} {$i < $displayedLines} {incr i} { .bboard create text $xPos $yPos \ -width $Width \ -color $Color \ -text $Text \ -tag tag$i } I am using the <Configure> event to resize the wigets on the screen based on the newly resized width. Here what I do is set newWidth [.bboard cget -width] if {$newWidth != Width } { set Width $newWidth for {set i 0} {$i < $displayedLines} {incr i} { .bboard delet...

problems using xelatex and the crop package
Hi, I'm using xelatex and when using its intercharclass rules to define what should happen when xetex encounters a transition from boundary characters to latin characters, crop stops working correctly - the circle that is found in the marks when using the "cam" option turn into the letter "i" instead. I have no idea why, but perhaps someone on this list noticed this too and knows of a way to fix this. Using different fonts doesn't make a difference, the moment that transition rule is there (and it is very much required to be there), I lose the cam mark&...

Problem using \input with the ledmac package.
Hi, I'm using the ledmac package and to improve the manageability of my project, the root LaTeX file includes many small files in it. Using \include{file} works fine, but as the files are relatively small I don't want to have the page cleared each time I call it, so using \input{file} seemed like a good option. Because ledmac requires linenumbers, the code is: \beginnumbering \autopar \input{file} \endnumbering This gives me cryptic error messages: "Package ledmac Error: \pstart encountered while another \pstart was in effect." and "You can't use `\end' in internal vertical mode. \end{document} Missing } inserted. \end{document}" and LaTeX goes to an emergency stop. The funny thing is that if I paste the unmodified contents of the files in place of \input{file} everything works fine, using \include{file} on the same files works ok too. Also if I \input{} files that don't have ledmac commands or linenumbers, everything works ok. Now how strange is that! I've tried all the tricks mentioned in here and elsewhere, any help would be _greatly_ appreciated! On Feb 1, 5:12 pm, ludvikengelbr...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: [snipped] >, the code is: > > \beginnumbering > \autopar > \input{file} > \endnumbering > > This gives me cryptic error messages: > "Package ledmac Error: \pstart encountered while another \pstart was > in effect." [snipped] Google for "minumum example document". Dan ...

problem with inserting text using mbtPdfAsm
hello I try to insert text in PDF files using mbtPdfAsm tool. This tool insert a font object and a text objet corresponding to the text to be inserted (here a number) The instructions for the text insertion are: BT /F255 10 Tf 0.0 0.0 0.0 rg 1.0 0.0 -0.0 1.0 10 10 Tm 0 Tr (0) Tj ET Those instructions theoricaly produce the display of number 0. But not in all pdf files. In some (very few indeed) pdf files, correctly formated, nothing appears near the left bottom corner (10, 10) ? I can't find why ? any idea ? Thank you in advance thierry "thierry" <thi...

problem specifying text width with geometry package

Problem with text symbols when using display function.
Hi is there a possibilty to use Word Symbols (Word--->Insert Symbol---> like: &#8962; &#8976; &#9567; &#9568; &#9569;&#9572; &#9579; &#9600; &#9827; &#9617; &#9618; &#9619; &#9619; )? In other words, when I use in Mcode >>display('&#8962; &#8976; &#9567; &#9568; &#9569; &#9572; &#9579; &#9600; &#9827;&#9617; &#9618; &#9619; &#9619; ') it gives back >>????????????? when just written in Command Window, it gives back nothing. Thank you for your help, regards...

Problem using color and graphicx in plain TeX
I put pictures in plain TeX documents using \input graphicx \includegraphics{MyPicture} \bye I can also color text with \input color \textcolor{red}{bbb} \bye But I am not able two get both color AND pictures. The following example \input color \input graphicx \bye produces the error message ! Use of \@ doesn't match its definition. l.27 \@m akeother\"% Changing the order of the \input's produces a different message: ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> \@notdefinable \@secondoftwo #1#2->#2 l.72 ...nextchar[\@undeclaredcolor\@declaredcolor} I am using pdftex in MacOS X 10.4.3 ( Gerben Wierda's installation) and TeXshop. From the log window: This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5) How can I make the two packages work together? Thank you in advance, Julian Aguirre Universidad del Pais Vasco Julian Aguirre wrote: > I put pictures in plain TeX documents using > > \input graphicx > \includegraphics{MyPicture} > \bye > > I can also color text with > > \input color > \textcolor{red}{bbb} > \bye > > But I am not able two get both color AND pictures. The following example > > \input color > \input graphicx > \bye > This: \input color \makeatletter \input graphicx \bye seems to work. When I need graphics or color in plain tex, I use the following code in a personal macro file: \input miniltx \makeatletter \ifx\Gin@driver\undefined \def\G...

Problem using \csname ... \endcsname with xkeyval-package
Hello, I try to define a command \makeCommandwithOption{myCommand} defining a command with an option as : \myCommand[CommandStyle=Option]{Argument} I am using a command from xkeyval-package with syntax: \define@choicekey+[Prefix]{Family}{Optionname} [\Prefix@Family@Optionname] {Option, Option, ...} % Option list {Execute if Option is assigned}{Execute if Option is not in Option List} I cannot get the part ...[\Prefix@Family@Optionname]... working, usually I think you would use: \expandafter\csname Prefix@#1@CommandStyle\endcsname which expands to \Prefix@myCommand@Optionname But I get errror message: ! Extra \endcsname. <argument> ...mand@CommandStyle\endcsname {none} {none,bold,italic,roman} l.46 $$ \myCommand[CommandStyle=none]{one} $$ Thanks for any suggestion %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % My full exapmle %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %&latex \documentclass{minimal} \usepackage{ifthen} % ifthen \usepackage{xkeyval} % xkeyval \makeatletter %% my attempt to define a command which defines commands with Option CommandStyle \newcommand{\makeCommandwithOption}[1] { %% Definition for Option CommandStyle %% my problem: command expansion does not work (what did I wrong here ?) %% \define@choicekey+[Prefix]{#1}{CommandStyle}[\expandafter\csname Prefix@#1@CommandStyle\endcsname] \define@choicekey+[Prefix]{#1}{CommandStyl...

Problem in using "hyperref" package
Dear all, I found an error using hyperref.sty package. If a theorem starts at the end of equation, both the equation's below space and the theorem's above space are displaying. But I want either equation below space or theorem's above space. My sample is below: %%%%%%%%%%%%Start%%%% \documentclass{book} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage[dvips,bookmarks=true,breaklinks=true]{hyperref}% \newtheorem{lema}{Lemma} \begin{document} In this section, $(X_{i})_{i \geq 1}$ will denote an i.i.d. sequence of positive random variables on a probability space $(H,\mathcal{H},P)$ such that \begin{eqnarray}%TEST 2 E[|\ln X_{1}|] < \infty. \end{eqnarray} \begin{lema}\label{lem:inf}Let $\delta \in ]\frac{1}{2},1[$and $\epsilon \in ]0,1-\delta[$ be such that $\frac{(1-\delta)}{\epsilon}$ is a positive integer. We have for all $n \geq \frac{(1-\delta)}{\epsilon}+1$, \begin{eqnarray*} \underset{(\lambda_{i})_{1\! \leq\! i \! \leq \! n} \in \mathcal{P}_{n}^{\epsilon,\delta}}{\inf} E\left[\ln\left(\sum_{i=1}^{n}\lambda_{i}X_{i}\right)\right]=E\left[\ln\left(\epsilon \sum_{i=1}^{ \frac{(1-\delta)}{\epsilon}}X_{i} + \delta X_{\frac{(1-\delta)}{\epsilon}+1}\right)\right]. \end{eqnarray*} \end{lema} \end{document} %%%%%%%%%%%End%%%%%%%%%%%%% Thankx and Regards Saravanan,M. "TeX_Saravanan" <Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > Dear all, > > I found an error using hyperref.sty package. If a theorem starts at the > end of equation, both the ...

Interesting problem: Use of NonlinearRegress inside a package
Hello, I created the following package: Off[General::spell]; Off[General::spell1]; BeginPackage["Test`", {"Statistics`NonlinearFit`"}]; f::usage = "test NonlinearRegress inside a package"; Begin["`Private`"]; f[data_] := Module[{model, a, b, x, fit}, Print["The context of NonlinearRegress is ", Context[NonlinearRegress]]; Print["The context of BestFit is ", Context[Bestfit]]; model = a*x + b; fit = NonlinearRegress[data, model, {x}, {a, b}, RegressionReport ->{BestFit, ParameterTable, FitResiduals}...

Web resources about - Problem with using the package floatflt - comp.text.tex