Problems with node text

Hello,

I have a problem with the text positioning around nodes. When using
the
following code

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tikz}

\begin{document}

\begin{tikzpicture}[scale=0.5]
\node[draw,shape=circle] (a)  at (-20,20) {test};
\node[draw,shape=circle] (b)  at (0,0) {my circle};
\end{tikzpicture}

\end{document}

The code appears on the node topmost node (b), whenever I swap the
node
position, it seems that all text is placed with the lower-left most
node. I
have not a clue what causes this, but all nodes do this, even examples
from
fauskes.net and examples from several other sources, including the pgf
manual.
Also, the same problem occurs with labels around nodes

I use this on the latest version of Ubuntu through Kile, but the
command
line compilation also fails. I have pgf 2.0 by the way.

Regards,

Jewan

I use pgf/tikz, but I don't know what you mean by "swap the node" or
what you expect to see that is different from what this produces.
Maybe post another minimal example that looks bad or different, or
describe the problem more precisely (or both).
0
vnessun (302)
4/4/2008 3:16:09 PM
On Apr 4, 10:24 am, "mj.vandenb...@gmail.com"
<mj.vandenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the text positioning around nodes. When using
> the
> following code
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{tikz}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{tikzpicture}[scale=0.5]
> \node[draw,shape=circle] (a)  at (-20,20) {test};
> \node[draw,shape=circle] (b)  at (0,0) {my circle};
> \end{tikzpicture}
>
> \end{document}
>
> The code appears on the node topmost node (b), whenever I swap the
> node
> position, it seems that all text is placed with the lower-left most
> node. I
> have not a clue what causes this, but all nodes do this, even examples
> from
> fauskes.net and examples from several other sources, including the pgf
> manual.
> Also, the same problem occurs with labels around nodes
>
> I use this on the latest version of Ubuntu through Kile, but the
> command
> line compilation also fails. I have pgf 2.0 by the way.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jewan

You code produces correct output with PGF 2.0 and an up to date
version of pdftex. How do  you compile the example from the command
line?

The problem is probably that you view the output in a DVI viewer that
does not understand/has not enabled ps specials. Try generating a ps
file or use pdflatex to generate a PDF directly.

- Kjell Magne Fauske
0
kjellmf (162)

text-text

text + text

problem with importing text with number and text
i am trying to import a csv file (~49000 rows x 52 cols) with numbers text and characters in it and not getting through. xlsread works fine with all my data except the first column of data which is a time stamp. it converts the time stamps into a constant value through the entire column. To add to the problem, when opened as a text file, every row of the file starts with a comma. I got very close with textscan/textread with all the data coming in but all the rows are transposed into one column one above the other ( imagine 49000 rows 52 cells long transposed one above the other in one column c...

XSLT Select nodes without text-node children whose names starts with specifix text

problem with child text node when constraining other child node types
I'm struggling with whether or not it is possible to represent the following construct in a dtd. I have an element X that I want to contain 3 types of child elements. Child Element A should have a 0 or 1 constraint, Child element B should have a 0-n constraint. I also want X to be able to contain text, resulting in xml that the following <X> <A/> <B/> <B/> child text of element X also possible </X?> I've got the following, but can't seem to figure out a way to also allow for a text child node. Any help appreciated <!ELEMENT X (A?, B*)> Bryan...

Text Encoding Problems
I am using the code 'convertEncoding(field1.text,encodings.SystemDefault)' to ensure that if a user enters special characters (eg bullet points and so on) into a field, they are saved correctly. However, although this code solves that problem, Japanese characters are still returned as '?'. Is there an easy way of check if Japanese characters are used in the field, and saving these correctly? Thanks Graeme In article <BE8191AC.206EA%blocksoft@dsl.pipex.com>, BlockSoft <blocksoft@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > I am using the code 'convertEncoding(fi...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text lik...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

text 2 text

text node has text but won't render
This renders in Firefox perfectly well but the text in the red box remains invisible. The program is a subset of a larger and doesn't do much. but even after cutting out all the unneccessary stuf, I still can't get it to work!! Cheers, Greg =================== <xhtml:html xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" > <xhtml:head> <xhtml:title> Intermingled XHTML and SVG </xhtml:title> <xhtml:script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><![CDATA[ functi...

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

Why treat text nodes as nodes?
One of the things I find most unnatural about most XML APIs is that they try to abstract both elements and text into some kind of "node" object when they have virtually nothing in common. The reason these APIs do it is to make it possible for both text and elements to be children of elements. But there is another way. The XPath/XQuery data model does not allow two consecutive text nodes. As far as I can tell, most XML processing software automatically merges consecutive text nodes. This means that the number of text segments directly under an element is bound by the number of sub-e...

SAX parsing problem, when element contains text like "[text]"
Hello. I try to parse some XML results of PubMed (the largest biomedical article database). The document contains elements like this: <articletitle>[Virus and RNA silencing]</articletitle> Now my problem is that the characters function of my SAX handler is called twice for "[Virus and RNA silencing]". The first time I get "[Virus and RNA silencing" and the second time "]". I am not very experienced regarding XML and XML processing. Why does this happen? Why not one call for "[Virus and RNA silencing]"? And is there a way to set a property for SAX to behave that (only one call) way? Best regards, Kai Kai Schlamp wrote: > I try to parse some XML results of PubMed (the largest biomedical > article database). > The document contains elements like this: <articletitle>[Virus and RNA > silencing]</articletitle> > Now my problem is that the characters function of my SAX handler is > called twice for "[Virus and RNA silencing]". > The first time I get "[Virus and RNA silencing" and the second time > "]". > I am not very experienced regarding XML and XML processing. Why does > this happen? Why not one call for "[Virus and RNA silencing]"? And is > there a way to set a property for SAX to behave that (only one call) > way? This is expected behavior of a SAX parser. You characters method should accumulate content and endElement do the final proc...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

rich text in text field

Problem with Text
I have created a text string as "vector" Then another text string, again vector. I now wish to use the move tool to move the 2nd text string, but the first text string moves with it. What am I doing wrong. Hope some one can help TIA tibs@tibia.com wrote in news:togh525mufugrfcunjju38gh7uun2emqjk@ 4ax.com: > I have created a text string as "vector" > Then another text string, again vector. > I now wish to use the move tool to move the 2nd text string, but the > first text string moves with it. > What am I doing wrong. > Hope some one can help > TIA &g...

text in a widget, text-widget
hello i have an application with a couple of text widgets but i would like to add some functionalities that at first and second sight are not directly supported by the plain text widget itself - ? for example i would like certain lines of text within the textwidget to take different background colors according to certain parameters also i would like to be able to detect certain sentences or words that would become 'links' and by clicking them i would open up different windows any suggestions to solutions and widgets for the above problems ? - i probably could...

Text Problem
Hi Everyone, I'm having some problems inputing text in Lightwave 8.3. I'm using a True Type font called "Chubb." All I'm writting is the word "CyaticStudios." When I get to the second "i" I get an error message. "Unable to regenerate contour. This may be caused by highly non-planar polygons, or by ambiguous overlap between polygon edges and the cutting tool. Triple non-planar polygons or add a small offset to data and try again." I looked in the manual, and it suggested going into the "General Options" and changing the Cu...

Text problem.
After formatting I've reinstalled psp. If I click on the text tool then on the image I want to add text to nothing happens. No pop up box at all. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Chris. Chris wrote: > After formatting I've reinstalled psp. If I click on the text > tool then on the image I want to add text to nothing happens. No > pop up box at all. Any suggestions appreciated. Is that the only tool that fails to work, Chris? If so, thinking about what it needs that other tools do not need leads to fonts. Do other apps that use Windows fonts (like Word or WordPad) work ...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me...

Web resources about - Problems with node text - comp.text.tex

Peak problems
Rob Haugh, Operations Manager, Able Liquid Waste in Clyde, is finding the peak traffic difficult for business.

Wanneroo council calls on WA environment minister over 3500 problem kangaroos
The Wanneroo council wants the WA environment minister to step in over a Yanchep country club apparently driving more than 3500 kangaroos from ...

IRS shuts down identity security tool for taxpayers due to security problems
The Internal Revenue Service has temporarily suspended use of its Identity Protection PIN tool "as part of its ongoing security review," according ...

GM recalls Colorado, Canyon, and Malibu for airbag problem
Filed under: Recalls , Chevrolet , GM , GMC , Safety , Sedan , Truck GM is recalling the 2016 Chevy Colorado, Malibu, and GMC Canyon for the ...

One simple solution to dozens of problems you might be having with your iPhone
Not every iPhone update is a winner. Sometimes apps don't work correctly, the battery life takes or a whole host of other issues might arise. ...

Apple's iPhone problem in one chart: Apple usually does worse than the market as a whole
... net adds of new phones are in decline and the major portion of "growth" to be had is in replacing existing units. That's a particular problem ...

Renewables Could Hold The Key To China’s Water Problems
... improved plant cooling technologies for existing power plants, could go a [&hellip Renewables Could Hold The Key To China’s Water Problems ...

Can cousin of marijuana plant ease NFL's concussion problem?
Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon calls himself "old school," including his use of marijuana both during and after his career.

The 5 Big Problems That Hurt Marco Rubio In 2016
It’s looking increasingly like is in real danger of an embarrassing primary loss in his home state of Florida on Tuesday. The press seems to ...