Re: tex4ht: 'error --- Can't find/open file `ptmri8t.tfm

Still struggling to get tex4ht to work on my mac.  Thanks kai@p...  for
putting me on the path with your queries.  My original installation of
tetex was via i-installer, now I've installed tex4ht via fink.  Exactly
the same error as described in this earlier post I dug up (below).  The
frustrating thing is the solution is given in these older posts but I'm
not sure how to implement.  Clearly my installation paths don't jive:

I have run tex4ht -hV testa as advised, and indeed it could not find
the file.

Solution presented below is to use installed kpathsea-enabled TeX4ht
binaries.

However, I'm not at all sure what this means or how to fix.

Thanks for suggestions, Nik

From:		Eric E... - view profile
Date:		Fri, Jun 23 2006 5:23 pm
Not yet rated

show options

"Christopher" == Christopher B... <cbrews...@gmail.com> writes:
        Christopher> On a MacBook Pro I have installed tex4ht using
fink/fink
        Christopher> commander.  Two questions:
        Christopher>
        Christopher> 1. when I issue the command 'htlatex <file>' I get
an
        Christopher>    error message
        Christopher> 'error --- Can't find/open file `ptmri8t.tfm' '

I had a similar problem once a couple of months ago.  Below is a
message
describing the cause and the cure.  I hope this is helpful!

Eric.

----

From: Eric E... <e...@cs.utah.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: Re: TeX4ht w/kpathsea: Problem Finding TFM Files
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:50:26 -0600 (MDT)

        >> --- error --- Can't find/open file `cmr10.tfm'

        Eitan> I wonder whether the problem might be due to kpathsea
not
        Eitan> finding texmf.cnf when involked from witin tex4ht.  Try
the
        Eitan> command `tex4ht -hV testa'. It should provide in the
listing a
        Eitan> record similar to
        Eitan>
        Eitan>    texmf.cnf = /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
        Eitan>
        Eitan> or a complain about not finding the file.

Thanks for the help!  The additional debugging output was very helpful
in
figuring out what my main problem was: ...

....namely, that all of my TEXMF* variables are based on SELFAUTO*.
This means
that when I run the `tex4ht' binaries without first installing them,
the search
paths are totally wrong.  Obviously, kpathsea is too clever for me :-).

I will try testing *installed* kpathsea-enabled TeX4ht binaries later
today,
but I am confident that they will work, now that I understand what's
going on.

Thank you again for your help!

Eric.

0
FrostyGoat (14)

On Jan 11, 6:35 am, "Nik" <FrostyG...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still struggling to get tex4ht to work on my mac.  Thanks kai@p...  for
> putting me on the path with your queries.  My original installation of
> tetex was via i-installer, now I've installed tex4ht via fink.

OK, so you're running on OS X?

> Exactly
> the same error as described in this earlier post I dug up (below).  The
> frustrating thing is the solution is given in these older posts but I'm
> not sure how to implement.  Clearly my installation paths don't jive:

Yes, do you know
a) where your main TeX installation is;
b) where your TeX4ht got installed?

> Solution presented below is to use installed kpathsea-enabled TeX4ht
> binaries.
>
> However, I'm not at all sure what this means or how to fix.

kpathsea is a library of functions that many TeX-related programs use
to locate files they need.  I mentioned earlier that you should run
texhash after installation.  This builds a lookup table which is then
used for the location of files.  If your TeX4ht files are not added to
this database, they will not be found when you try to run htlatex. I do
not myself use fink, but I think it installs things in strange places.
The output of texhash should tell you what directories it goes through,
and this in turn should tell you whether the problem is in the
construction of the lookup table.  Let's start from there and see what
you find out.

0
kai (58)
1/11/2007 9:40:49 AM
> > Exactly
> > the same error as described in this earlier post I dug up (below).  The
> > frustrating thing is the solution is given in these older posts but I'm
> > not sure how to implement.  Clearly my installation paths don't jive:
>
> Yes, do you know
> a) where your main TeX installation is;

Try the following command

    which latex

> b) where your TeX4ht got installed?

Try the following command

    which tex4ht

> you should run
> texhash after installation... Let's start from there and see what
> you find out.

If the problem is still there after running texhash, can you show the
messages issued onto the console by the pair of the `which' instructions
above and the following command.

   tex4ht -hV file

-eitan

0
gurari1 (285)
1/11/2007 1:43:14 PM
Yes, Mac OSX 10.4.7.  Okay, thanks for the explanation of kpathsea.

$ texhash tex4ht
texhash: Done.

$ which latex
/sw/bin/latex

$ which tex4ht
/sw/bin/tex4ht

Hmm.  Seems okay?

0
FrostyGoat (14)
1/11/2007 6:15:16 PM
>Yes, Mac OSX 10.4.7.  Okay, thanks for the explanation of kpathsea.
>
>$ texhash tex4ht
>texhash: Done.
>
>$ which latex
>/sw/bin/latex
>
>$ which tex4ht
>/sw/bin/tex4ht
>
>Hmm.  Seems okay?

Does everything work fine now?  If not, can you show the messages issued
for the following command

       tex4ht file -hV -hF

-eitan

0
gurari1 (285)
1/11/2007 8:49:47 PM
No, sorry forgot to mention:

$ tex4ht file -hV -hF
----------------------------
tex4ht.c (2003-02-13-00:22)
tex4ht file
  -hV
  -hF
--- warning --- Problem with command line
--- error --- Can't find/open file `file.dvi'

0
FrostyGoat (14)
1/11/2007 9:34:52 PM
>$ tex4ht file -hV -hF
>----------------------------
>tex4ht.c (2003-02-13-00:22)

This is quite an old version. The latest one is at

    http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html

>tex4ht file
>  -hV
>  -hF
>--- warning --- Problem with command line
>--- error --- Can't find/open file `file.dvi'

The `tex4ht file -hV -hF' commands expects a dvi file. For instance, the
following command will provide such a file.

1. Create a file `file.tex' with the content

      \documentclass{article}
      \begin{document}
          Hello!
      \end{document}

2. Compile the file with the command `latex file'

-eitan

0
gurari1 (285)
1/12/2007 3:42:39 AM
eitan, I appreciate your attempts to help, but I may be beyond helping.
Is there anywhere that has logical step by step instructions for the
install?  I can't find any documentation that shows how to install it
from the tar.  No readme files to be found in the zip?!   I uninstalled
the old version with fink, and downloaded the newer version from bugfix
link.  I put it on the harddrive.  newtex4ht folder contains three
folders, bin, src, texmf.  I copied each to the equivalent folders
under tetex on my hardrive.  I did texhash on tex4ht. done.  It still
can't find any of my files even in proximate locations.

Although it cant find any of the files latex can, at least the latest
version seems to come up from tex4ht myfile -hV -hF:
tex4ht.c (2005-05-29-09:42 kpathsea)

$which tex4ht:
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht

-Nik

0
FrostyGoat (14)
1/12/2007 6:34:34 AM
>I appreciate your attempts to help, but I may be beyond helping.

You are not that far from getting everything in place.  You'll just need
to carefully provide the  feedback requested.

>Is there anywhere that has logical step by step instructions for the
>install?

The first paragraph in

    http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html

has three pointers.  Enter the third pointer named `instructions'.

>I uninstalled
>the old version with fink, and downloaded the newer version from bugfix
>link.

It is easier to modify older distributions than starting from scratch!  In case
you didn't refresh your system with a tar or zip file from

    http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html

please do it now.  If you already did so, don't modify anything unless
requested to do so.

>I put it on the harddrive.  newtex4ht folder contains three
>folders, bin, src, texmf.  I copied each to the equivalent folders
>under tetex on my hardrive.  I did texhash on tex4ht. done.  It still
>can't find any of my files even in proximate locations.

That looks good.

>Although it cant find any of the files latex can, at least the latest
>version seems to come up from tex4ht myfile -hV -hF:
>tex4ht.c (2005-05-29-09:42 kpathsea)

I believe this file doesn't come from the current bug fixes
distribution.  The distribution has at bin/mac/tex4ht a file from 21
July 2006 with a signature of (2006-07-21-16:51 kpathsea).  Yet, at
least for now, that is not an important issue for us.

Can you show ALL the messages issued in response to the command

     tex4ht myfile -hV -hF

>$which tex4ht:
>/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht

Good. This is the right place.

-eitan

0
gurari1 (285)
1/12/2007 8:23:44 AM

On Jan 12, 7:34 am, "Nik" <FrostyG...@gmail.com> wrote:
> eitan, I appreciate your attempts to help, but I may be beyond helping.

We're not giving up yet :-)

> Is there anywhere that has logical step by step instructions for the
> install?  I can't find any documentation that shows how to install it
> from the tar.  No readme files to be found in the zip?!   I uninstalled
> the old version with fink, and downloaded the newer version from bugfix
> link.  I put it on the harddrive.  newtex4ht folder contains three
> folders, bin, src, texmf.  I copied each to the equivalent folders
> under tetex on my hardrive.  I did texhash on tex4ht. done.  It still
> can't find any of my files even in proximate locations.

> Although it cant find any of the files latex can, at least the latest
> version seems to come up from tex4ht myfile -hV -hF:
> tex4ht.c (2005-05-29-09:42 kpathsea)
>
> $which tex4ht:
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht

Hmm, something seems to have changed here if you earlier got
>$ which latex
>/sw/bin/latex

>$ which tex4ht
>/sw/bin/tex4ht

Tell you what, since you seem to have a working TeX installation in
/usr/local/teTeX/, go with that and remove whatever fink installed, so
that you can be sure of which version of the software you are running.
Then, let's do the following:

Download http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/fix/tex4ht.tar.gz

Run
tar xvfz tex4ht.tar.gz
Today this creates a directory tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757
Then continue installing the bits and pieces:
cp tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757/bin/mac/*
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
cp tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757/bin/ht/unix/*
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
cp -R tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757/texmf
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/
texhash

To check the installation, pick some small TeX file and run
htlatex yourfilename

I prefer to install in texmf.local, you may prefer some other
subdirectory of /usr/local/teTeX/share/.  Just make sure you have just
one installation.

Note that texhash should output something like:
texhash: Updating /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /var/tmp/texfonts/ls-R...
texhash: Done.

telling what directories have been read and updated.

0
kai (58)
1/12/2007 9:53:18 AM
Yahoo!!! Success.  Eitan & kai thank you so much for your patience with
me, I cannot thank you enough.  I learned a lot by this (painful)
exercise.
Best regards, Nik

1. Had fink 'force remove' tex4ht:

dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove tex4ht, only the config
 files of which are on the system.  Use --purge to remove them too. (I
didn't)

2. Dowloaded from bugfix (> Download
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/fix/tex4ht.tar.gz) to
texmf-local

I could not expand it as explained.  > tar xvfz tex4ht.tar.gz (error),
I think perhaps because it generated  tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757
automatically.

I expanded it finder and moved the folder to texmf.

3. these commands were successful:

>  cp tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757/bin/mac/*
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
> cp tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757/bin/ht/unix/*
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
> cp -R tex4ht-1.0.2007_01_11_0757/texmf
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/

and found sudo texhash was necessary.

0
FrostyGoat (14)
1/18/2007 6:51:33 AM
Nik kirjoitti:

> Yahoo!!! Success.  Eitan & kai thank you so much for your patience with
> me, I cannot thank you enough.  I learned a lot by this (painful)
> exercise.

Great!  Good luck with your further work!

0
kai (58)

Re: couldn't open pid file '/var/run/named.pid': Permission denied
- /var/run/named.pid + /var/run/named/named.pid Looks like the path was wrong On 15/11/07 5:00 PM, "Pawe� Tobi�" <ptobis@interia.pl> wrote: > Wasn't it a selinux issue? > > Regards > Pawel Tobis > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > Poznaj wschodzace gwiazdy polskiej muzyki! > Sluchaj i oceniaj >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1c66 > > -- Kal Feher Team Leader Network Services and Production Support Melbourne IT Ltd Level 2, 120 King Street Melbourne Victoria 3000 AUSTRALIA Ph: + 61 3 8624 2326 Mob: + 61 400 072 569 Website: www.MelbourneIT.com.au ...

[ace-users] Re: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ace/config-all.h': No such file or directory
Hi, Make sure you set ACE_ROOT to the location of ACE (for example c:\ace\ace_wrappers) and then restart the IDE, the IDE caches all environment variables after being started. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Samer S. Issa" <issa.samer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1138270579.069801.255530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>... > ACE VERSION: 5.4.8 > > - HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Windows XP Pro. Unknown version of winsock. > > - TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, > Windows XP Pro. > - COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > MSVC++ 7.1. > > CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: > $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h has been created and it has the include > file of conifg-win32.h. > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > The file "config-all.h" doesn't compile. The line > > #include "ace/config.h" > > Generates the error message: > > ../ace/config-all.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: > 'ace/config.h': No such file or directory > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > COMPILATION? yes > LINKING? no > EXECUTION? yes > OTHER (please specify)? > > SYNOPSIS: > I have bui...

Errors while file uploading thr 'net/http' or 'rest-open-uri' client
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] I am trying to upload a file to API thr the 'net/http' or 'rest-open-uri' client, the code I have done is require 'rest-open-uri' require 'uri' require 'cgi' require 'net/http' require 'net/https' require 'mime/types' username="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" password="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" def form_encoded(hash) encoded = [] hash.each do |key, value| encoded << CGI.escape(key) + '=' + CGI.escape(value) end return encoded.join(&...

Couldn't find file 'System.mdw'
On one of my users desktops I have setup multiple icons to open Access applications (Access 2k). In the target line I have specified the path to msaccess.exe, the path of the system.mdw and the path to the ..mdb. The icons do not always work. Occasionally he will get the error message "Couldn't find file 'System.mdw'. This file is required for startup." If he opens any Access application by opening Access first and browsing to the .mdb it opens and then the icon works after that. It is not just one icon, this problem happens with multiple icons and the problem has s...

Gui having an 'open file window' and a 'save file window'
Is it possible to click on a button in the gui and have a Windows-like window where I can select the file to open and another like when you click on 'save as'? Thank you very much nathaniel zoso wrote: > Is it possible to click on a button in the gui and have a > Windows-like window where I can select the file to open and another > like when you click on 'save as'? > > Thank you very much Check out the UIGETFILE and UIPUTFILE functions, respectively. -SteveSimon ...

Re: '^=' and '~='?
Duckhye, According to the doc ( http://xrl.us/befwjx ) they, and one other set of characters, and the mnemonic 'NE' all represent 'NOT EQUAL'. Art ------- On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:52:40 -0600, Duck-Hye Yang <dyang@CHAPINHALL.ORG> wrote: >Hello, >What is the difference between '^=' and '~='? > >Thanks, >Duckhye ...

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';''
I'm getting the following error Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/notarywe/public_html/php/update2.php on line 108 Here is line 108 <input type="text" name="ud_first" value="<? echo "$first" size="20"?>"></td> Any help would be appreciated. On 3-Aug-2003, "entoone" <entoone@pacbell.net> wrote: > I'm getting the following error Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' > or > `';'' in /home/notarywe/public_h...

couldn't load file (error 262) during 'load'
Hi all, I am getting an error similar to the following on an AIX box running TCL: tcl> package require Test Error: couldn't load file "/..../test.so": Error 262 occurred. while executing "load [file join [file dirname [info script]] \ Shared/sharedio[info sharedlibextension]] sharedio" ...... I presume there is a problem with the .so but would like to be able to find out what, exactly... Looking at the TCL code, I can see that this error is printed from unix/tclLoadDl.c and a few others - but I haven't been able to trace the origin of the value...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ########################################################################### #define MODULE #define __KERNEL__ #include <linux/config.h> #include <linux/module.h> #include <linux/kernel.h> /* printk */ #include <linux/fs.h> / #include <linux/errno.h> /* error codes */ #include <linux/types.h> /* size_t */ #include <linux/proc_fs.h> /* proc file system */ #include <linux/fcntl.h> #include <asm/system.h> /* cli, flags */ #include <asm/uaccess.h> /* copy from/to user */ /*Registers to get qadc access*/ volatile unsigned short * qadcmcr = (unsigned short *)0x40190000; volatile unsigned short * qacr0 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000a; volatile unsigned short * qacr1 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000c; volatile unsigned short * qacr2 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000e; volatile unsigned short * qasr0 = (unsigned short *)0x40190010; volatile unsigned short * qasr1...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ##...

Text Code(from 'Getting Started in Beautiful Soup' re: cd Soup , returns 'Syntax Error, invalid syntax'

Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ? #2
Igor, There are many ways to make it more concise, however the parsimony is likely to be achieved at the expense of clarity. For instance, the expressions length ( input (mm||dd||yy, $10.) ) > 2 length ( compress(mm||dd||yy, ' .') ) > 2 and like might be somewhat shorter than the original, but they will execute slower, and their intent is far less eminent. Since it appears that you are trying to validate the components of a date, maybe it is not a worthless idea to try the date informat conforming to the mask you are testing. Say if all the pieces are 2-digit, the expression input (mm||dd||yy, ?? mmddyy6.) will return a missing value for the case you are testing and also if any irregularities in the input value that prevent it from being interpreted as a valid date should be found. And if you want a note in the log to alert you about it, leave one of the question marks off. Kind regards, ================= Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL ================= >From: Igor Kurbeko <ikurbeko@ATHEROGENICS.COM> >Reply-To: Igor Kurbeko <ikurbeko@ATHEROGENICS.COM> >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy > not in ('','.') Any shorter ? >Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:13:37 -0400 > >Hi, there. > > > >I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this >line : > >if ...

What is a difference in 'T t = u' and in 'T t( u )'
Hi, Does anyone can explain me why declarations marked as 1 compile whereas declarations marked as 2 do not compile? The most obvious example is the third one with shared_ptr. It is because of explicite constructor. Am I right? But what about first and second examples? Please notice also that examples second and third are completely different. Constructor calling syntax is right in third but not in second. However assign syntax is right in second example but not in third. #include <boost/assign/list_of.hpp> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <...

Any reason why $_FILES['userfile']['error'] wouldn't be populated?
Hi, I am in the middle of writing an image upload script and am limiting the size of uploads via upload_max_filesize. This all seems to be working well, and if I try and upload a bigger file then I get an UPLOAD_ERR_INI_SIZE sat in $_FILES['userfile']['error']. All hunkey dorey. However, in my testing there are one or two large files that cause problems. PHP appears to abort the upload early as it should, but when my script runs, $_FILES isn't populated at all?! I have tried to narrow down the difference in these file but I can't seem to find anything definate. All t...

error fopen('text.txt','w')
i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my simple code (sorry, my English is bad) >> pwd ans = C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a >> fid=fopen('text.txt','w') fid = -1 The text.txt doesn't exist. On 11/1/2015 11:48 PM, Tunggul Sagala wrote: > i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. >i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my si...

'dataread' and 'textscan' Large Text Files
Hi folks, I have a working Simulink model in SimEvents which reads data from a text file. Each row includes entitiy attributes which I assign to an entity generated by an Entity Generator block. The porblem I'm experiencing now is the long time it takes to finish reading/extracting all of the rows each clock time. You see, when I did my coding at the beginning, I was working on small files, say 150-ish rows each. Now, I'm dealing with > 40k rows. Here is a brief on my coding/functions I've implemented: First, I have an Entity Generator. The number of entites leaving the block is labelled 'd'. I'm using 'd' as an input to an Embedded Matlab Function that reads the number of rows of the text file. Basically, the 'd' works as the index in reading the "current" row. The reason for this function is it computes the 'inter-generation time' for the Entity Generator. It might sound a bit weired, but basically the 'intergeneration time' of entities are computed via an Embedded Matlab Function, and it uses the 'd' as the index. Now, in the Embedded Matlab Function, I have the following code: ______________________________________________ function intergen_time = fcn(d) eml.extrinsic('dataread') rows = 0; rows = length(dataread('file', 'MyTextFile.txt', '%s', 'delimiter', '\n')); if d <= rows intergen_time = d * 1e-10; else intergen_time...

Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'Chapters/chap1.aux'
Hi there, On a LaTeX document that is split into many files, if only part of the files are enabled through the use of \includeonly, the following errors are produced: -------------------------------- Latexmk: Log file says output to 'ykk.pdf' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/titlepage.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/declaration.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/acknowledge.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'FrontBackmatter/publications.aux' Latexmk: Couldn't fi...

'Suspect' DB won't open
Help! One of my main databases has been marked as suspect - the initial problem is that my disk had no space. So I moved some files, made some space, stopped & restarted the service, and now I get this error in the errorlogs. There can't be anything else using the database - I restarted the machine to kill everything that might be touching it, including the client application. 2005-03-30 14:35:21.96 kernel udopen: Operating system error 32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.) during the creation/opening of physical device c:\mssql7\data...

Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_ yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ? #4
Igor, Without robust error checking: %macro check ( vars , values , op = in /* not in */, con = and /* or */ ) ; %local i w ; %let i = 1 ; %let w = %scan(&vars,&i) ; %do %while ( %length ( &w ) > 0 ) ; %if &i > 1 %then &con ; &w &op &values %let i = %eval ( &i + 1 ) ; %let w = %scan(&vars,&i) ; %end ; %mend check ; option mprint ; data w ; retain x y z "a" r " " s t "a" a b 99 c . ; if %check( x y z , ('','.'), op = not in ) then put &qu...

Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_ yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ? #3
> From: Igor Kurbeko [mailto:ikurbeko@ATHEROGENICS.COM] > I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody > how to abbreviate this line : > > if str_mo not in ('','.') > and str_da not in ('','.') > and str_yy not in ('','.') %*in autoexec:; %Let Blank = Blank; %Let Invalid = Invalid; %*in aFormat; PROC Format; value $StrValu %*somevalues = 'ok'; '','.' = "&Blank." %* other = "&Invalid."; ; %*in Program; if put(Str_...

Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_ yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ? #2
I believe nmiss requires numeric arguments, therefore it would not work in this case. Greg M. Woolridge Manager, Study Programming TAP Pharmaceutical Products Inc. e-mail: greg.woolridge@tap.com phone: 847-582-2332 fax: 847-582-2403 "Droogendyk, Harry" To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <Harry.Droogendy cc: k@CIBC.COM> Subject: Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_ Sent...

Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22
Hi, Guys=EF=BC=8Cwhen I run my site ,I got some errors: Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR \Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path=3D'F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files \PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the include_path=3Dinclude_path=3D".;F:\Progr...

shouldn't 'string'.find('ugh') return 0, not -1 ?
the subject pretty much says it all. if I check a string for for a substring, and this substring isn't found, should't the .find method return 0 rather than -1? this breaks the if check.find('something'): do(somethingElse) idiom, which is a bit of a pity I think. cheers, -jelle jelle <jelleferinga@gmail.com> writes: > the subject pretty much says it all. > if I check a string for for a substring, and this substring isn't found, > should't the .find method return 0 rather than -1? How would you treat the case of 'something' being at the beginning of the string? After all, find returns the index. > this breaks the > > if check.find('something'): > do(somethingElse) > > idiom, which is a bit of a pity I think. if 'something' in check: do(somethingElse) On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:31:06 +0000, jelle wrote: > if I check a string for for a substring, and this substring isn't found, > should't the .find method return 0 rather than -1? > this breaks the > > if check.find('something'): > do(somethingElse) > > idiom, which is a bit of a pity I think. And what should ``'string'.find('str')`` return? How do you distinguish the not found at all case from the found at the very beginning case!? The simple test you want can be written this way: if 'something' in check: do(something_else) Ciao, Marc 'Blac...

Removing the letters 't' 'i' 'x' and 'y'
Im having trouble with figuring out how to write a function which will remove the letters 't' 'i' 'x' and 'y' from any input string in matlab. for example modstr(pixy) should result in ans = 'p' or modstr(picture) should result in ans = 'pcure' if anyone could offer any help or hints i would really appreciate it. Thank You >> modstr=@(s) s(~ismember(s,'tixy')) modstr = @(s)s(~ismember(s,'tixy')) >> modstr('picture') ans = pcure % Bruno ...

Throw 'Error()' or 'new Error()'?
With custom exceptions, we have to create a new instance before we throw them: function AppError(msg) { this.msg = msg; // just an example } throw new AppError("I did bad"); To throw a StopIteration, on the other hand, we have to throw it directly: throw StopIteration; // object StopIteration throw new StopIteration(); // TypeError With Error, both are possible: throw Error("oops"); // object Error throw new Error("oops"); // object Error I've seen both forms a number of times now. AppError and Error are functions (St...

Web resources about - Re: tex4ht: 'error --- Can't find/open file `ptmri8t.tfm - comp.text.tex