reflecting math operator in math mode help

I'm trying to display a reflected sigma symbol in math mode such as

$$\reflectbox{$\sum$}_{n=1}^{m} ...$$

the problem is, the sub and superscripts are always in textmode style, which
is not what I want(because I will be mixing this symbol and the normal \sum
in math mode and I'd rather havet he scripts above and below on all the
sigma's)

Anyways, thanks for any help.
Jon

On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:01:27 -0500, Jon <NoWhere@dot.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to display a reflected sigma symbol in math mode such as
>
> $$\reflectbox{$\sum$}_{n=1}^{m} ...$$
>
> the problem is, the sub and superscripts are always in textmode style,
> which
> is not what I want(because I will be mixing this symbol and the normal
> \sum
> in math mode and I'd rather havet he scripts above and below on all the
> sigma's)

\[
   \mathop{\reflectbox{$\sum$}}_{n=1}^{m}
\]

Don't use $$ in LaTeX.
--
Morten H�gholm
I haven't got a smelly address.
On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:01:27 -0500, Jon <NoWhere@dot.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to display a reflected sigma symbol in math mode such as
>
> $$\reflectbox{$\sum$}_{n=1}^{m} ...$$
>
> the problem is, the sub and superscripts are always in textmode style,
> which
> is not what I want(because I will be mixing this symbol and the normal
> \sum
> in math mode and I'd rather havet he scripts above and below on all the
> sigma's)
>
> Anyways, thanks for any help.
> Jon

use \displaystyle in your math to force it into display-mode

--
/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

DK-TUG                 http://www.tug.dk
LaTeX FAQ:          http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
AMSMATH Intro:  http://www.ams.org/tex/short-math-guide.html
LaTeX Intro:          http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/lshort/lshort.pdf
Graphics Intro:      http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf
Superb Class:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/memoir.html
Please post minimal working examples, makes our lifes easier ;-)
0
daleif2 (2648)
5/18/2004 2:22:16 AM
On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:22:16 -0700, Lars Madsen
<daleif@RTFSIGNATUREimf.au.dk> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:01:27 -0500, Jon <NoWhere@dot.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to display a reflected sigma symbol in math mode such as
>>
>> $$\reflectbox{$\sum$}_{n=1}^{m} ...$$
>>
>> the problem is, the sub and superscripts are always in textmode style,
>> which
>> is not what I want(because I will be mixing this symbol and the normal
>> \sum
>> in math mode and I'd rather havet he scripts above and below on all the
>> sigma's)
>>
>> Anyways, thanks for any help.
>> Jon
>>

>use \displaystyle in your math to force it into display-mode

Wouldn't be enough. A box (from \reflectbox) is treated as an ordinary
symbol. The \mathop wrapper is the solution to getting the scripts to
behave. One would however need \displaystyle to get the larger size.
This is best accomplished with \mathpalette:

\def\reflectedsum{\mathpalette\@reflectedop\sum}
\def\@reflectedop#1#2{\mathop{\reflectbox{$#1{#2}$}}}

(modulo any bonehead errors :)

What in the world does a reversed \sum mean?

Dan

--
Dan Luecking                     Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas           Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

I want bold \glsnamefont for both text and math (symbols) but \ifmmode tests upon entry, not if argument (#1) is math mode based
Suppose I have two entries: =20 \newglossaryentry{exists}{type=3Dsymbols, name=3D{\ensuremath{\exists}}, description=3D{is the mathematical symbol for \emph{there exists}.}, sort=3D{exists} } \newglossaryentry{such that}{type=3Dsymbols, name=3D{\text{s.t.}, description=3D{is the mathematical symbol for \emph{such that}.}, sort=3D{such that}, } If I use \renewcommand{\glsnamefont}[1]{\ifmmode{\boldsymbol{#1}}\else{\textbf{#1}}\= fi} it appears \ifmmode always executes \else because going in it is not in mat= h mode, entry exists switches it into math mode but \glsnamefont tests befo= re #1 goes into math mode (or at least that is what I think is happening). = I need a test that sees if #1 goes into math mode (or some other way to te= st....) Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated, david s. On 12/02/14 03:12, Dave94705 wrote: > Suppose I have two entries: > > \newglossaryentry{exists}{type=symbols, > name={\ensuremath{\exists}}, > description={is the mathematical symbol for \emph{there exists}.}, > sort={exists} > } > > \newglossaryentry{such that}{type=symbols, > name={\text{s.t.}, > description={is the mathematical symbol for \emph{such that}.}, > sort={such that}, > } > > If I use > > \renewcommand{\glsnamefont}[1]{\ifmmode{\boldsymbol{#1}}\else{\textbf{#1}}\fi} > > it appears \ifmmode always executes \else b...

Math and Non Math Mode Commands
I'm trying to make some symbols available in both math and non-math modes. I've managed to do that; however, if I try to use the same command in both modes, LaTeX grumbles at me about the command already being defined. Is it possible to keep the commands the same in both modes? Here's the relevant bit of my font definition file: \DeclareSymbolFont{dozens}{OT1}{dozch}{m}{n} \DeclareMathSymbol{\x}{\mathord}{dozens}{88} \DeclareMathSymbol{\e}{\mathord}{dozens}{69} Thing is, \x and \e are already defined. However, if I change these commands (e.g., to \X and \E), everything works fine, as one would expect. Am I stuck using different commands to access symbols in math mode than I use to access the symbols in paragraph mode? Thanks for the help. Don On Jun 6, 2:43=A0am, dgoodman...@gmail.com wrote: Hi Don, I think the best thing to do is to use \ensuremath: \documentclass{article} \DeclareSymbolFont{dozens}{OT1}{dozch}{m}{n} \DeclareMathSymbol{\X}{\mathord}{dozens}{88} \newcommand{\XX}{\ensuremath{\X}} \begin{document} $\XX$ \XX. \end{document} Regards, Marc van Dongen > I think the best thing to do is to use \ensuremath: Very true, a point that I should have remembered. Thanks for the reminder. But that still leaves me with two separate commands to reach the same symbol, one for paragraph mode and one for math mode. Is it possible to have the same for both? Thanks. Don On Jun 6, 3:52=A0pm, dgoodman...@gmail.com wrote: > > I think the b...

CTAN update: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math
the daemon pronounced: > Name of contribution: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math updates > Author's name: Staszek Wawrykiewicz > Author's email: staw@gust.org.pl > Package version: 1.605 and 1.502 > Location on CTAN: fonts/tex-gyre-math/ > Summary description: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math > are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes > families of fonts > License type: other-free > > > Announcement text given by the package's contributor: > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > TeX Gyre Pagella Math (ver. 1.605) and TeX Gyre Termes Math (ver. 1.502) > are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes families > of fonts (see http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/) in > the OpenType format. > > Authors: Bogus\l{}aw Jackowski, Piotr Strzelczyk and Piotr Pianowski > > Please note, that the naming of the fonts file was changed to the unified > scheme <full font name, lowercase, nospaces>-math.otf > > Users may view the package catalogue entry at > http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex-gyre-math > or they may browse the package directory at > http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/tex-gyre-math/ all now installed, catalogued, etc. thanks for the update. Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team On 2013-02-08 12:09:15 +0100, CTAN Announceme...

How to reflect accents in math mode

Math alignment in text mode.
Hello and happy new year. I am looking for an alternative solution to give an equivalent result with the following code. The problem is that \left and \right go beyond the text when the formula is aligned on top. I am quite sure there is a better solution. Thank you, Kon. \documentclass{article} \usepackage{amsmath} \begin{document} Text aligned at top $\begin{aligned}[c] {}\\ \Biggl\{ \end{aligned} \begin{aligned}[t] a &< b \\ &< c \end{aligned} \begin{aligned}[c] {}\\ \Biggr\} \end{aligned}$ with aligned formula. \end{document} On Jan 4, 12:11 pm, Kon <funniestmanonl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello and happy new year. I am looking for an alternative solution to > give an equivalent result with the following code. > The problem is that \left and \right go beyond the text when the > formula is aligned on top. I am quite sure there is a better solution. > Thank you, Kon. > > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{amsmath} > \begin{document} > Text aligned at top > $\begin{aligned}[c] > {}\\ > \Biggl\{ > \end{aligned} > \begin{aligned}[t] > a &< b \\ > &< c > \end{aligned} > \begin{aligned}[c] > {}\\ > \Biggr\} > \end{aligned}$ with aligned formula. > \end{document} What are you trying to achieve? -- m Kon <funniestmanonline@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello and happy new y...

Normal text in math mode (LaTeX)
Hi all, What is the command to put normal text in math mode? (I'm trying to put the word "and" into the formal definition of the union of two sets, and the default text is italicized without spaces around it.) -- - Blaine http://www.bureau42.com ICQ: 24893016 I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen Jay Gould On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, W. Blaine Dowler wrote: > What is the command to put normal text in math mode? (I'm trying to put the > word "and" into the formal definition of the union of two sets, and the > default text is italicized without spaces around it.) Not sure if this the correct way of doing it, but I would do this: {\textrm {and}} I think \text also worked. Alternatively, you can just end and restart math mode around the word "and". Ray > What is the command to put normal text in math mode? The union, $A\cup B$, of the sets $A$ and $B$ consists of all the elemets of $A$ and $B$ together. \usepackage{amstext} \[ A\cup B = \{ x : \text{ $x\in A$ or $x\in B$ } \} \] Regards, Mogens Mogens Lemvig Hansen wrote: > \usepackage{amstext} This is the part I forgot! Thanks. -- - Blaine http://www.bureau42.com ICQ: 24893016 "It was mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered recently is four times bigger tha...

font loading for both text and math mode
Hello to All, May someone tell me how to load a font (like cmdunh10, or any other) in a sty-file, in order to have it available in both normal text and math- mode, and the possibility to be scaled with command like \huge, \Large, etc.? Are there any package to load for making it easy to do with LaTeX, or should I copy some code from some file, and putting it in my sty-file apporting the modifications desired? In this last case, which file should I manage? Thank you very much. Jack. enrico.toniolo@poste.it (Jack) schrieb: > Hello to All, > > May someone tell me how to load a font (like > cmdunh10, or any other) in a sty-file, in order to > have it available in both normal text and math- > mode, and the possibility to be scaled with > command like \huge, \Large, etc.? > > Are there any package to load for making it easy to do with LaTeX, or > should I copy some code from some file, and putting it in my sty-file > apporting the modifications desired? In this last case, which file > should I manage? In the case of cmdunh you can do the following: \documentclass{book} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathdunh}{T1}{cmdh}{m}{n} \begin{document} {\fontfamily{cmdh}\selectfont bdf} $\mathdunh{b} = \mathdunh{f}^2 = b = f$ \end{document} -- Ulrike Fischer e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen. e-mail: add my first name between the news and the @. Dear Ulrike, thank yo...

Smaller Sum-operators in Math-Mode
Hi, I am having great difficulties with trying to make the math formulas look smaller within the beamer class. If I just type \tiny before the \begin{equation} expression nearly everything really becomes smaller except that the summation-signs disappear suddenly. So my Question is: How can I adjust the size of the summation-signs so that they get displayed correctly when the size of surrounding text is decreased? Thank you very much for yours help. Philipp G. ...

Removing italics from text while in maths mode
How does one remove the italics from text phrases when in maths mode? cheers -- - Kwaj On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:36:23 +1100, "kwaj" <k.otengNOSPAM@student.unsw.edu.auNOSPAM> wrote: > How does one remove the italics from text phrases when in maths mode? > cheers \mathrm{plain text} HTH, Heather -- Heather Coppersmith That's not right; that's not even wrong. -- Wolfgang Pauli kwaj wrote: > How does one remove the italics from text phrases when in maths mode? \usepackage{amsmath} .... \[ y = f(x) \text{blah} \] ...

Math mode and font selection help
Hi guys, I'm new to latex, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. This is what I want to include in my document: Lys Ser Asp Leu Ile Glu Gly Arg Gly Ile Pro Gly Tyr Arg Stop AAA TCG GAT CTG ATC GAA GGT CGT GGG ATC CCC GGG TAC CGG TAG And I need some sections of the below sequence to have an underbrace with a label (eg, \underbrace{ATCGAA}_{This subsequence is...} I have the following problems with accomplishing this: 1. To use the underbrace, it seems to need to be in math mode, which is fine, but then it italicizes all the characters and strings them together, ignoring spaces. How can I stop it from doing this? 2. I want the amino acids in the top row to line up with the codons in the bottom row, so I need to use a fixed-width font. I've search the internet, but I cannot find a simple description of how to change the font to a fixed-width one like, say, courier. Thanks for any help. brt381@mail.usask.ca writes: > I'm new to latex, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. > This is what I want to include in my document: > > Lys Ser Asp Leu Ile Glu Gly Arg Gly Ile Pro Gly > Tyr Arg Stop > AAA TCG GAT CTG ATC GAA GGT CGT GGG ATC CCC GGG TAC CGG TAG > > And I need some sections of the below sequence to have an underbrace > with a label (eg, \underbrace{ATCGAA}_{This subsequence is...} > I have the following problems with accomplishing this: > > 1. ...

enumerate mode with math mode
Hello everyone, here is what I am trying to do. I need to retype a certain document which is made in TeX , and in my opinion uses Enumerate environment combined with Displaymath enivironment. I have tried all sorts of stuff and still cannot make it work. I need something like this \begin{enumerate} Solve the following integrals: \begin{enumerate} \item $$\int (1+x+x^2)\,dx ... \end{enumerate} \end{enumerate} But I want the (a) and the integral formula in one row even if I am not in the inline math mode. Is this possible, cos this is what I think I saw that document looked like. Amy helpa appreciated. Luka wrote: > Hello everyone, > > here is what I am trying to do. I need to retype a certain document > which is made in TeX , and in my opinion uses Enumerate environment > combined with Displaymath enivironment. I have tried all sorts of > stuff and still cannot make it work. I need something like this > > \begin{enumerate} > Solve the following integrals: > \begin{enumerate} > \item $$\int (1+x+x^2)\,dx \item $\displaystyle \int ... $ > ... > \end{enumerate} > \end{enumerate} > > But I want the (a) and the integral formula in one row even if I am > not in the inline math mode. Is this possible, cos this is what I > think I saw that document looked like. > > Amy helpa appreciated. > -- /daleif (remove RTFS...

Italic text and math: spacing / lm-math silently fails to display glyphs
Hello, I am trying to solve the following problem: Using math in italicised text yields to unpleasant spacing. It seems to be even more obvious while using Latin Modern (lmodern or cfr-lm). In my document it looks almost as if there were two spaces after an equation that ends with "Y". Also, punctuation after such an equation is way off. Compare http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/3490/ and see below for a minimal example. In times of sophisticated packages as microtype I find it surprising that there seems to be no "proper" fix for this. Nonetheless, using unicode-math (and lm-math at that) seems to solve this problem (feed the example below through lualatex). The drawback is that lm- math seems to lack (many?) glyphs; at least they do not show up in the document (eg. the \mapsto below). This problem is specific to Latin Modern Math; if I use XITS or Asana-Math, all glyphs are displayed. So my questions are: a) Is there really no solution for this problem using pdflatex? b) Am I correct about my assumption that lm-math is lacking all these glyphs or is it something specific to my setup? http://www.gust.org.pl/ projects/e-foundry/lm-math states "LM and LM Math taken together may now be regarded as a full descendant of Computer Modern" which certainly lacks that certain notion of being half-finished. b1) If so, how can I tell what glyphs are affected? I did not spot any complaint in lualatex's out...

Use text font for 1234567890 in math mode
Hi there, How to set up LaTeX in a .sty/.cls file so that 1234567890 uses the text font instead of the math font? For example, $1234567890$ should be typeset automatically in text font figures. Thanks. Leo -- Emacs uptime: 49 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes, 4 seconds Am Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:55:49 +0000 schrieb Leo: > Hi there, > > How to set up LaTeX in a .sty/.cls file so that 1234567890 uses the text > font instead of the math font? For example, $1234567890$ should be > typeset automatically in text font figures. Thanks. To get numbers e.g. in helvet you can do something like this \documentclass{article} \DeclareSymbolFont{numbers}{T1}{phv}{m}{n} \DeclareMathSymbol{0}\mathalpha{numbers}{"30} \DeclareMathSymbol{1}\mathalpha{numbers}{"31} \DeclareMathSymbol{2}\mathalpha{numbers}{"32} \DeclareMathSymbol{3}\mathalpha{numbers}{"33} \DeclareMathSymbol{4}\mathalpha{numbers}{"34} \DeclareMathSymbol{5}\mathalpha{numbers}{"35} \DeclareMathSymbol{6}\mathalpha{numbers}{"36} \DeclareMathSymbol{7}\mathalpha{numbers}{"37} \DeclareMathSymbol{8}\mathalpha{numbers}{"38} \DeclareMathSymbol{9}\mathalpha{numbers}{"39} \begin{document} $abc=1234567890$ \end{document} (see beamerbasefont.sty from beamer) -- Ulrike Fischer Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > How to set up LaTeX in a .sty/.cls file so that 1234567890 uses the text > font instead of the math font? For example, $123456789...

Latex/Removing italics from text in Maths Mode
How would one add non-italicized text while in mathematics mode? The "\" as in \lim works for some commands but not all. Basically I am looking at editing something like this \begin{equation} subject to \end{equation} I would like the phrase "subject to" non-italicized. cheers - Kingsley "jk" <z3015094NOSPAM@student.unsw.edu.au> writes: > I would like the phrase "subject to" non-italicized. Have a look to the \text command in the AMS classes. -- Maurizio Loreti http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Padova, Italy ROT13: ybergv@cq.vasa.vg jk wrote: > How would one add non-italicized text while in mathematics mode? The "\" as > in \lim works for some commands but not all. Basically I am looking at > editing something like this > > \begin{equation} > subject to > \end{equation} > > I would like the phrase "subject to" non-italicized. In a document that uses the amsmath package, the command \text{subject to} will produce what you want within mathematical environments. > > cheers > > - Kingsley > > Jonas Mellin schrieb: > > > In a document that uses the amsmath package, the command \text{subject > to} will produce what you want within mathematical environments. .... and _without_ amsmath, use \textnormal{subject to}, which will also work, except in super- or subscripts;...

(La)TeX math -> fixed width text
Hello ctt, I was playing around with Unicode and I made a HTML page with some mathematical expressions using fixed-width characters: http://wiki.auf-trag.de/textmath.html Is there a program that would make something like that automatically from LaTeX math code? (I know it's ugly, I'm just asking out of curiosity) Regards, Stephan Stephan Walter wrote: > Hello ctt, > > I was playing around with Unicode and I made a HTML page with some > mathematical expressions using fixed-width characters: > > http://wiki.auf-trag.de/textmath.html > > Is there a program that would make something like that automatically > from LaTeX math code? Yes tth http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/ check out the -u switch if you really want unicode. Ian Hutchinson. ...

Is there a way to have math that is not "display math" look like display math?
Hello. I would like to have TeX typeset math in "displaymath" mode, but without centering it. Is this possible? For example, when entering: $\lim_{n \to \infty}$, the arrow to infinity will appear next to the limit. But when entering: $$\lim_{n \to \infty}$$, TeX will place the arrow directly underneath the limit. Is there are way to control placements like this directly? (another example would be, placing the limits of integration above and below the integral sign as opposed to the right of it). Thank you, Ray L. Ray <rslevitt@optonline.net> wr...

Math::Infinity and Math::NaN
I think it'd be useful to define Infinity and NaN as constants (perhaps within Math, if they'd "pollute" the top level). The way I see it, there's no real reason not to, and right now one has to resort to clumsy looking workarounds to get at them. martin Hi Martin, The new version of Facets (0.7) has an Infinity class. Of course due to it's add-on nature it isn't fully integrated into the rest of the Ruby class system (yet) we're working on it. I will consider also a NaN class. Thanks, T. Trans <transfire@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Martin, > &...

Math HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey I want to know if anyone is out there tonight???? On Mar 30, 7:18 am, Natasha <Bobcatmom9...@aol.com> wrote: > Hey I want to know if anyone is out there tonight???? no ...

{} in math mode ??
Hello, does anyone knows why : \hbox{${}$} produces: \hbox(0.0+0.0)x0.0 ..\mathon ..\hbox(0.0+0.0)x0.0 ..\mathoff while \hbox{${a}$} produces : \hbox(4.30554+0.0)x5.28589 ..\mathon ..\OML/cmm/m/it/10 a ..\mathoff {} in math mode seems to be \null ... Thankx in advance. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > does anyone knows why : > > \hbox{${}$} produces: > > \hbox(0.0+0.0)x0.0 > .\mathon > .\hbox(0.0+0.0)x0.0 > .\mathoff > > > while \hbox{${a}$} produces : > > \hbox(4.30554+0.0)...

LuaTeX and math outside math
Hi, the following obviously gives an error with latex, pdflatex or xelatex, but non-obviously (to me) it does /not/ with lualatex or luapdflatex %---- tex code snippet \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} % or \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \DeclareMathSymbol{\XX}{\mathalpha}{operators}{88} \begin{document} $ \XX $ \XX \end{document} %---- end of code (adding \usepackage{unicode-math} does not change anything and by the way I had in that case to add an explicit \setmathfont{Latin Modern Math} to get rid of ERROR: fontspec error: "font-not-found" --- TeX said --- ! ! The font "lmmath-regular.otf" cannot be found. ! ! See the fontspec documentation for further information. ! ! For immediate help type H <return>. !............................................... which surprised me but I don't use often enough luatex to know if I was right to be surprised) all of the above happens on a recently updated TL2012 installation regards, Jean-Francois jfbu <jfbu@free.fr> writes: > Hi, the following obviously gives an error with > latex, pdflatex or xelatex, but non-obviously > (to me) it does /not/ with lualatex or luapdflatex > > %---- tex code snippet > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{fontspec} % or \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} > \DeclareMathSymbol{\XX}{\mathalpha}{operators}{88} > > \begin{document} > $ \XX $ > > \XX > \end{document} >...

Some math help.
Its been too long and I'm really rusty. I'm trying to create a class which maps a double value (where min <= value < max) to a "bucket" in a histogram with n buckets. I also need to know the range of each bucket. Linear is easy: bucket = floor((value - min) / (max - min)); bucketLowValue = bucket * (max - min) + min; I'm struggling to figure out how to do this with a log scale. Basically, I want an f(x), where f(min) = 0, f(max) = numBuckets, and where the derivative of f(x) = the derivative of ln(x + c). Hmm... Trying to remember my calculus... f(x) = integral of (1/(x+c)) f(x) = ln(x + c) + d Ah, okay, I've got it now, maybe. Two equations with two unknowns. I just need to solve for c and d. I'll post this anyway, so others can use it if they need to. 1. ln(min + c) + d = 0 2. ln(max + c) + d = n 3. d = -ln(min + c) 4. ln(max + c)- ln(min + c) = n 5. c = (max - min * e^n) / (e^n - 1)//Used wolframalpha to solve :-) 6. d = -ln(min + (max - min * e^n) / (e^n - 1)) Well, that should solve it for f(x). If anyone sees a flaw or an easier way, please feel free to let me know. Thanks, Daniel. ...

Math Operators
How can I multiply and divide inputs by a real number in VHDL? I want to multiply something by Pi and multiply/divide by large numbers (5x10^6 scale). ...

math operations
Hello I need to do some calculations using math operator like element of overlap summation and others in this link http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci803019,00.html does perl support those operations? is there an add on module or use another language? thanks Fred wrote: > Hello > I need to do some calculations using math operator like > element of > overlap > summation > and others in this link > http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci803019,00.html > > does perl support those operations? is there an add on module or use > anot...

Asana Math not so good at math?
Hi, (This is a cross-posting to the latex-community forum) I have a wierd bug here... When I compile the document below with xelatex on an XP machine, the $a_i$ comes out as $b_j$ in the PDF document. If I got variables confused like this in my math assignments, I don't think I'd get very good grades ;-) The problem does not occur on my Mac, but as far as I can tell the versions of xelatex, included packages (as per \listfiles) and the Asana fonts themselves are the same on both machines (namely updated yesterday using tlmgr + the Asana fonts installed by hand from CTAN ...

Web resources about - reflecting math operator in math mode help - comp.text.tex

List of largest optical reflecting telescopes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list of the largest optical reflecting telescopes with objective diameters of 3.0 metres (120 in) or greater is sorted by aperture , which ...

Facebook Notifications Icon Reflecting Location?
Facebook appears to have tweaked its notifications icon to reflect the locations of its users. (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: The ...

Reflecting on 3 years at Facebook - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Reflecting on 3 years at Facebook geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Scribbly Daily Growth Journal - Successful Journaling and Self Reflecting on the App Store
... reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Scribbly Daily Growth Journal - Successful Journaling and Self Reflecting. ...

Black Oystercatcher (Haematopus bachmani) reflecting in tidal pool off... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Black Oystercatcher (Haematopus bachmani) reflecting in tidal pool off... Estero Bluffs State Park, just north of Cayucos, CA, 01 September 2013. ...

Part 4: George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy: Reflecting on the Star Wars Phenomenon - YouTube
George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy explore what makes the appeal of Star Wars universal.

The AFL playing field is finding a new level, already reflecting in the ladder
If the AFL is living through the worst of times, it is also entering the best of times.

A Birchgrove house passed in at auction reflecting a shift in the property market
IN A reflection of changing market conditions and the effect of an influx of stock, a home in the tightly held suburb of Birchgrove failed to ...

Sydney Film Festival 2015 reviews: Tehran Taxi, A Pigeon Sits On A Branch Reflecting On Existence and ...
A cab ride becomes a cleverly subversive Iranian film, as we round up the latest screenings at the Sydney Film Festival.

Nathan Charles: reflecting on 10 years of the Western Force
Hard to imagine it's been 10 years since a rally of community support saw the Western Force get off the ground in Perth.