Roman font doesn't change, conflict with fontspec or T1?

Hi,

could anyone tell me why in this example, the "normal" font is not
MinionPro?

    \documentclass{scrartcl}
    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
    \usepackage[minionint,mathlf]{MinionPro}
    \usepackage{fontspec}

    \setsansfont{Myriad Pro}

    \begin{document}
    \section{Heading}
    The Cauchy integral formula...
    \end{document}

Basically, I just want to use MyriadPro-Semibold for the headings but
MinionPro with MnSymbol for all other stuff. Since I didn't manage to
install MyriadPro through otftotfm, I decided to use XeLaTeX.
But now I just don't get how I can use both fonts at the same time.
When I use one single font of those two, it works fine.

Maybe there is a conflict with this fontspec-Package? I'd be happy if
someone could look over it and perhaps tell me how LaTeX does what I
want it to do :-)

Thanks in advance!

Btw.: I also posted this on LaTeX-Community.
0
jbmaier (7)

Am Thu, 14 May 2009 02:58:39 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jbmaier@web.de:

> Hi,
>
> could anyone tell me why in this example, the "normal" font is not
> MinionPro?
>
>     \documentclass{scrartcl}
>     \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>     \usepackage[minionint,mathlf]{MinionPro}
>     \usepackage{fontspec}
>
>     \setsansfont{Myriad Pro}
>
>     \begin{document}
>     \section{Heading}
>     The Cauchy integral formula...
>     \end{document}

fontspec sets the default fonts to latin modern. So you must reset
it with \setmainfont{Minion Pro} (probably, I don't know if this is
the correct name) like you did for the sans fonts.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
On May 14, 12:08=A0pm, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Thu, 14 May 2009 02:58:39 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jbma...@web.de:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > could anyone tell me why in this example, the "normal" font is not
> > MinionPro?
>
> > =A0 =A0 \documentclass{scrartcl}
> > =A0 =A0 \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> > =A0 =A0 \usepackage[minionint,mathlf]{MinionPro}
> > =A0 =A0 \usepackage{fontspec}
>
> > =A0 =A0 \setsansfont{Myriad Pro}
>
> > =A0 =A0 \begin{document}
> > =A0 =A0 \section{Heading}
> > =A0 =A0 The Cauchy integral formula...
> > =A0 =A0 \end{document}
>
> fontspec sets the default fonts to latin modern. So you must reset
> it with \setmainfont{Minion Pro} (probably, I don't know if this is
> the correct name) like you did for the sans fonts.
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer

Hello,

this does just work if I install the MinionPro-series like MyriadPro
by putting them into /usr/share/fonts/Opentype, because then xelatex
tries to load it from there instead of using the package I have
loaded.
What I want is: use the MinionPro-font from the package, the MyriadPro
via XeLaTeX. But thanks for your answer and I'll try how much the
solution you told me inflicts the layout of the document. If
everything works fine, also with MnSymbol, I'll use that one.

Greetings!
0
jbmaier (7)
5/14/2009 10:33:13 AM
Am Thu, 14 May 2009 03:33:13 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jbmaier@web.de:

>>> could anyone tell me why in this example, the "normal" font is not
>>> MinionPro?

>> fontspec sets the default fonts to latin modern. So you must reset
>> it with \setmainfont{Minion Pro} (probably, I don't know if this is
>> the correct name) like you did for the sans fonts.
..
> What I want is: use the MinionPro-font from the package, the MyriadPro
> via XeLaTeX.

In this case you would have to switch the encoding from T1 (the
encoding used by the minionpro-package) and EU1 (used by fontspec)
everytime you switch between the fonts.

That could problaby be done somehow but I don't think that is really
a good idea. Use the package to get the math right and let fontspec
handle the text font.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
On May 14, 12:51=A0pm, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:

> >> fontspec sets the default fonts to latin modern. So you must reset
> >> it with \setmainfont{Minion Pro} (probably, I don't know if this is
> >> the correct name) like you did for the sans fonts.
> .
> > What I want is: use the MinionPro-font from the package, the MyriadPro
> > via XeLaTeX.
>
> In this case you would have to switch the encoding from T1 (the
> encoding used by the minionpro-package) and EU1 (used by fontspec)
> everytime you switch between the fonts.
>
> That could problaby be done somehow but I don't think that is really
> a good idea. Use the package to get the math right and let fontspec
> handle the text font.
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer

Okay, I didn't know that fontspec only handles the text font. So the
rest should be automatically done by the MinionPro package. Thanks a
lot! I'll try a little on those. It's also nice that fontspec does the
heading in semibold, I don't have to do anything on it, and that's
what I really wanted :-)
0
jbmaier (7)
5/14/2009 11:00:29 AM
Am Thu, 14 May 2009 04:00:29 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jbmaier@web.de:

>> That could problaby be done somehow but I don't think that is really
>> a good idea. Use the package to get the math right and let fontspec
>> handle the text font.

> Okay, I didn't know that fontspec only handles the text font. So the
> rest should be automatically done by the MinionPro package.

That's is not quite right. fontspec tries also to handle some math
fonts. But if you use the no-math it will leave them alone. But in
the case of MinionPro you don't need the option because fontspec
also contains the code

 \@ifpackageloaded{MinionPro}{\@zf@mathfalse}{}

which means that no-math is used.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
On May 14, 1:53=A0pm, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Thu, 14 May 2009 04:00:29 -0700 (PDT) schrieb jbma...@web.de:
>
> >> That could problaby be done somehow but I don't think that is really
> >> a good idea. Use the package to get the math right and let fontspec
> >> handle the text font.
> > Okay, I didn't know that fontspec only handles the text font. So the
> > rest should be automatically done by the MinionPro package.
>
> That's is not quite right. fontspec tries also to handle some math
> fonts. But if you use the no-math it will leave them alone. But in
> the case of MinionPro you don't need the option because fontspec
> also contains the code
>
> =A0\@ifpackageloaded{MinionPro}{\@zf@mathfalse}{}
>
> which means that no-math is used.
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer

Thank you, everything works fine now and I'm happy. You saved my last
two days ;-)
0
jbmaier (7)

? Bug in libstdc++? GCC 4.1: wcout.imbue(loc) should (?) set stream encoder's, but it doesn't; std::locale::global() shouldn't change it, but it does?
There was the same topic not so long ago, but as I see it stays w/o answer: http://groups.google.ru/group/comp.lang.c++/browse_thread/thread/9a05d7bba9394a60/fe109c899f916871?lnk=gst&q=locale+imbue&rnum=1&hl=ru#fe109c899f916871 As Bjarne Stroustrup said in his book, "in Stroustrup (retranslated from German) "Setting the global locale does not affect existing input/output streams. The streams continue to use those locales that were assigned to them using imbue() during their creation." " But actually I see quite the opposite behaviour. The following code: #i...

Why doesn't input code return 'plants' as in 'Getting Started with Beautiful Soup' text (on page 30) ?
Dear Programmers, Thank you for your advice regarding giving the console a current address in the code for it to access the html file. The console seems to accept the code to that extent, but when I input the two lines of code intended to access the location of a required word, the console rejects it re : AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'li' However the document 'EcologicalPyramid.html' does contain the words 'li' and 'ul', in its text. I am not sure as to how the input is arranged to output 'plants' which is also i...

Formatted memo 'property' change doesn't stick
Greetings. A simple form has a formatted memo field on it (among others). If the field already has text entered into it, I can highlight some text, right click and choose Properties and adjust the font, etc. Here's the problem - if I haven't changed any of the text, then the font changes don't stick. As soon as I leave the field, it returns to the old font. Here's the sequence of events (literally): A. This didn't work - don't change any text, just highlight & change properties: 1 class=DataAction action=3078 DataBeginEdit 2 class=EditAction ac...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Why Doesn't "Change All" change them all?
I'm running a dual core MacTel Mini under OS 10.4.10 with 1Gb RAM. Some software I recently installed came with a whole bundle of documentation in PDF format. They all installed as to be opened with Preview. I'd prefer to read them with Acrobat Reader, so I did "Get Info" on one and clicked "Change All" to change all the PDF's. I clicked "Continue" on the confirmation window, too. It changed the file I'd done "Get Info" on all right - but none of the others. Have I missed something about assigning file types to applications, here...

How to determine whether a file doesn't exist or doesn't have enough permissions
Hello everone, I am stuck in determining whether a file does not exist or does not have enough permissions so that access to this file is denied?". I am using java.io.File.exists() or java.io.File.canRead() methods to check this but both of them just return false in both above mentioned cases. In the documentation however its mentioned that these method throw SecurityException - If a security manager exists and its SecurityManager.checkRead(java.lang.String) method denies read access to the file. But then problem is to write a security manager which denies read access if the file does not...

tkdesk on fedora core 5 -- doesn't run, doesn't compile
Hello, all: I've been using TkDesk for years. It's my favorite file manager. But after upgrading to Fedora Core 5, it doesn't run anymore: *** glibc detected *** tkdesksh: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x0853dd18 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_free+0x17b)[0xb7c1751f] tkdesksh[0x8051f04] /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so(TclInvokeStringCommand+0x6e)[0xb7e29c7e] <snip> /usr/lib/libtk8.4.so(Tk_MainEx+0x40d)[0xb7eff57d] tkdesksh[0x804fb00] /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xdc)[0xb7bc57e4] tkdesksh(sinh+0x61)[0x804f9e1] ======= Memory map: ======== 08048000-0...

changing tag in gui doesn't change callbacks
I changed the tag of a edit box on my gui (from 'edit_stim_phase' to 'edit_stim_start'). Contrary to what the Matlab help says, the associated callback functions were not renamed after running the gui. When I renamed them myself and ran the gui, Matlab generated an error message, saying that it could not find 'handles.edit_stim_start'. Setting a break point in the OpeningFcn and querying handles showed that it still contained a field called 'edit_stim_phase', instead of the new 'edit_stim_start'. Should I change something else? Jan Make sure...

iproute2 fwmark doesn't work (or iptables --set-mark doesn't)
Hi, I just subscribed this group. Hello everyone! I have a problem with setting up routing. In short, I want to mark certain packets with iptables and then catch these marks with iproute2. However Linux seems to ignore these marks. I have a 3.11.4 kernel with CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER and CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES set. Here's my setup: - eth0: LAN - IP 192.168.0.1, netmask /24 - It connects to the LAN - eth1: WAN - IP 192.168.1.180, netmask /24, gateway 192.168.1.1 - It connects to the Internet - tap0: VPN (created with OpenVPN) - Local IP 172.24.25.4, remote IP (and gateway) 172.24.25.2, netmask /24 I want to pass certain traffic through 192.168.1.1 (eth1) and certain through 172.24.25.2 (tap0) - local traffic as well as routed traffic. Rules will be somewhat complicated (for locally-generated traffic and routed traffic), now just let's assume that I want to mark all packets to go through 192.168.1.1. I have added two new routing tables to /etc/iproute2/rt_tables: #v+ 2 vpn 3 wan #v- I've created two of them, so the main table will not have a default gateway. This way I can avoid errors - if I make a mistake and traffic goes through the main table, it won't get out. Tables are then populated: #v+ ip route flush table main ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0 table main ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 dev eth1 table main ip route add 172.24.25.0/24 dev tap0 table main ip route flush table...

Why doesn't the 'ButtonDownFcn' of my static text box get activated when it is located above a frame? (Solution Number: 1-19EAA)
from jrobinson@sara.com: Here is a work-around I used, for MATLAB 7.3: %Edit text with Max=2 causes problem in MATLAB Solution Number: 1-19EAA hEdit = uicontrol(hFig,'style','edit', 'Max', 1); set(hEdit, 'ButtonDownFcn','Soln_1_19EAA_CB'); function Soln_1_19EAA_CB hEdit = gco; set(hEdit, 'Max', 2); set(hEdit, 'Enable', 'on'); set(hEdit, 'ButtonDownFcn', ''); return ...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

I don't see why the pipe program doesn't show up on ps when it 'hangs'
I commented out the waitpid() in the following pipe program.. [cdalten@localhost oakland]$ more pip3.c #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { pid_t pid; char line[BUFSIZ]; int fd[2]; char string[] = "hello world\n"; ssize_t n; if (pipe(fd) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "pipe error\n"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } if ((pid=fork()) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "fork error\n"); } else if (pid > 0) { close(fd[0]); printf(&qu...

! (match) doesn't evaluate to TRUE when regular expression doesn't find a match
Hi! Trying to evaluate a regular expression to validate an entry to be a proper domain name. I need the IF action to fire if it is NOT a match... The "! (match)" doesn't evaluate to true when I don't have a match . The code below shows what I'm trying to do. //This works //...some code... //Must start with a letter and end with a letter/digit and can't contain invalid characters if ( strDomain.match(/^[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_\.-]+[A-Za-z0-9_]*[A-Za-z0-9]$/) ) { } else { alert("bad format"); return false; } //...more validation code... ...

PS3: doesn't come with Linux, doesn't even run Linux by default
What other cola claims have been dashed by reality? In fact, you can install on the PS3 any OS that's been designed for it. I don't expect MS to port Vista, but you never know... http://www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/faq.html Q. What types of "Other OSs" can be installed? A. You can install any system software that is designed to run on PLAYSTATION�3. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with specific information about what types of "Other OSs" are available because "Other OS" and the boot loader programs are produced and distributed by third-par...

Change the text of a 'Static Text'
Hello, I work now at a GUI in matlab. And I have the following code (function) for a Button Callback: function Button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) set(handles.Status,'String','Busy!'); .... %.. some code that requires several seconds .... set(handles.Status,'String','Idle'); handles.Status is the handle for a StaticText control. What I want to do is to change the Text(Label) for the static text at the beginning (in "BUSY") and when everything is done to change it to "IDLE". My problem is that the Label/Text is changed only at t...

Why doesn't fscanf fail when it doesn't find ordinary characters (specified in format) in the input?
I wrote a simple C program to read the following CSV file: a.csv: 1,2,3 4,5 10,20,30,40,50 100,200,300,400,500 Code: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define ROWS 3 #define COLS 5 int main() { FILE *fp; int csv[ROWS][COLS]; int i, j; if ((fp= fopen("a.csv", "r")) == NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "Error opening file."); exit(1); } for (i = 0; i < ROWS; i++) for (j = 0; j < COLS; j++) fscanf(fp, "%d,", &csv[i][j]); fclose(fp);; ...

Jeff Doesn't Like Pizza; Jeff Doesn't Like In-House Working Peripherals
Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. Jeff can't order a delicious pizza from the Web. He won't call the Geek Squad to fix his broken trackball. Meanwhile, Linux service explodes with In-Home Fixit People. Get these People to Fix the Track Ball ! Jeff (!) begin Steve Zissou (JBailo) nymshifted: > > Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. > < snip > Fine, JBailo. So this idiot has felt the need to be mentioned again. You, in your infinite idiocy, naturally did his wishes. Idiot -- Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall. Hi ...

when an inline function doesn't inline, why doesn't compile give warning for multiple definition
hi, suppose i have the following files: one.cpp ---------------------------------------------- #include <iostream> using namespace std::cout inline void g(void) { cout<<"One cpp\n"; } void f(void); int main(void) { f(); g(); return 0; } ---------------------------------------------------- two.cpp ---------------------------------------------------- #include <iostream> using namespace std::cout inline void g(void) { cout<<"two cpp\n"; } void f(void) { cout<<"F of two cpp\n"; g(); } ------------------------------------...

can't get the $_GET['id'] after the header is sent but page doesn't redirect
In the first if, the page is displayed without any company cars selected. If there is a company selected, then the id value is posted and captured by the redirect (1st elseif). Then one of two things can happen. The final else the selected company/id cars get displayed in the browser, or in the case of a post to a form for excel, the a header gets sent to the to the current_sightingsXL.php page. The current_sightingsXL.php and current_sightings.php pages test out. The second elseif works with one minor problem. I have to type in the url with the id to get it to download to excel. i...

What is a difference in 'T t = u' and in 'T t( u )'
Hi, Does anyone can explain me why declarations marked as 1 compile whereas declarations marked as 2 do not compile? The most obvious example is the third one with shared_ptr. It is because of explicite constructor. Am I right? But what about first and second examples? Please notice also that examples second and third are completely different. Constructor calling syntax is right in third but not in second. However assign syntax is right in second example but not in third. #include <boost/assign/list_of.hpp> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <...

Conflict Manager doesn't start although there are conflicts in the Replica Set
Hello All, I have Access 2000 and created some replicas. One raplica is causing troubles (Setup: Office 2000, Windows 2000). On the Master I can see that the Synchronisation has produced conflicts. But the conflict manager doesn't start after synchronisation. Clicking on "resolve conflicts" tells me that there are no conflicts - that's definitly wrong. Reinstallation of Office didn't improve the situation. What can I do? What could cause this problem? Any ideas? Thank you and regards, Tobias ...

Code doesn't produce anything on screen
Hi Friends! I have got the following code for converting Fahreignheit to Celsius, which writes the output to a file called fout and then prints the output from that file. It is compiled without producing any error, and when I try to run it do not get any error also, but it doesn't write anything on the screen either. When we take the output directly from the code (without writing it on a file and reading from there) it works excellently, but when we take the first route the above is the scene. Can somebody help tell me where is the problem and what is the solution if I want to read the ...

pthread_create() doesn't start a new thread sometimes but doesn't return non-zero value on return.
I'm implementing TCP, and using a thread to be used as a timer, since I want to still be receiving and sending messages. The timer thread is used to re-transmit sends that get time-outed.. For example, i have a mutex_t object to hide a global variable that tells me if the current send has been received in the main thread or not. If after the timeout, the send has not been received, it calls the method again, which will re-transmit and start another time for that send, ibid et al. However, I issue the timeout() (my own function) to the pthread_create() and have a simple printf(), but on some creation of threads, it never gets executed. DOes this mean that the thread never gets executed? I check the return value, and it is zero. So, I'm assuming it gets created successfully, but just not executed any time soon. I waiting for 5 minutes one time, but still the thread didn't get executed. void *timeout( void *a ) { ... printf("IN HERE\n"); ... } Could someone give me a clue why they think this is happening? boo wrote: > I'm implementing TCP, and using a thread to be used as a timer, since I > want to still be receiving and sending messages. The timer thread is > used to re-transmit sends that get time-outed.. > > For example, i have a mutex_t object to hide a global variable that > tells me if the current send has been received in the main thread or > not. ...

Why strncpy(s, t, n) doesn't put '\0' at the end?
I am a C programming beginner... I wonder, why strncpy(s, t, n) does not put '\0' at the end of the string. Because when I output the copied string, it output more than what I want, until I put '\0' at the end by myself. But, sometime I don't need put '\0' and it work well?? Like strncpy(s, t, n); strcat(s, t1); ..... work just what I want. "�m�Z" <toofat@world.com> wrote in message news:bu2ups$5ns$1@news.seed.net.tw... > I am a C programming beginner... > I wonder, why strncpy(s, t, n) does not put '\0' at the end of the string....

Web resources about - Roman font doesn't change, conflict with fontspec or T1? - comp.text.tex