Roman quotation marks when using xeCJK

Hi all,

xeCJK shows Roman quotation marks in the CJK font. How can I force
xeCJK to set the following quotation marks in the Roman font:
     =93 U+210C
     =94 U+210D
     =91 U+2018
     =92 U+2019

Note that I use \punctstyle{fullwidth} but need that for the
punctuation of the CJK periods in the CJK text.

See also:
  https://code.google.com/p/ctex-kit/issues/detail?id=3D75

Thanks,

Pander
0
pander (57)

On Mar 15, 10:05=A0am, Pander <pan...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> xeCJK shows Roman quotation marks in the CJK font. How can I force
> xeCJK to set the following quotation marks in the Roman font:
> =A0 =A0 =A0=93 U+210C
> =A0 =A0 =A0=94 U+210D

This should be:
     =93 U+201C
     =94 U+201D

> =A0 =A0 =A0=91 U+2018
> =A0 =A0 =A0=92 U+2019
>
> Note that I use \punctstyle{fullwidth} but need that for the
> punctuation of the CJK periods in the CJK text.
>
> See also:
> =A0https://code.google.com/p/ctex-kit/issues/detail?id=3D75
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pander

0
pander (57)

which quotation marks to use
Hi. For many years I have been using &quot; for double quotation marks in the HTML code, but the opening and closing quotation marks render the same in my browser. I'm considering going through and using &ldquo; and &rdquo; (in pairs as needed) instead. Are there any *disadvantages* to doing so, besides the time it will take to make the change? Thanks. Scripsit The Bicycling Guitarist: > For many years I have been using &quot; for double quotation > marks in the HTML code, In vain, I'm afraid, since they give no benefit over using just ...

using TeX characters in a GUI text box
I am trying to use a TeX character such as the Greek letter mu in a GUI textbox, but I cannot get this to work. If I try to set the 'string' property for the GUI object using '\mu' this just displays '\mu'. Is there a way I can use the 'text' command as you would for a figure to put Greek letters into GUI objects? "Sean Larkin" <slarkin71278@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message <gk37he$t7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way I can put Greek letters into GUI objects? I don't know for sure, but you might be able to do this using ...

Any recommendations on using PHP to parse marked-up text?
Quick question: If someone wanted to parse marked-up text (and to convert it to HTML) do you have any generic recommendation on a good approach to use in PHP? Specifically, the text could be parsed character-by-character or line by line. Or perhaps it could be split with explode() and processed in pieces. The input text could be ASCII or Unicode. The marking up would be by tags of some sort. The form of a tag is not yet defined; it could be chosen to make the parsing easier, if necessary, as long as it was easy for a human to work with. James James Harris schrieb am 2016-02-18 um 13:47: > Quick question: If someone wanted to parse marked-up text (and to > convert it to HTML) do you have any generic recommendation on a good > approach to use in PHP? No. > Specifically, the text could be parsed character-by-character or line by > line. Or perhaps it could be split with explode() and processed in pieces. Then go on and use explode() or split or whatever. > The input text could be ASCII or Unicode. > > The marking up would be by tags of some sort. The form of a tag is not > yet defined; it could be chosen to make the parsing easier, if > necessary, as long as it was easy for a human to work with. Which sounds like "the input can be anything and I need to parse it". Decide what format you want to use and maybe someone knows a good parser for that format. If you create your own form...

Synonyms for mark: to use or not to use
It seems that at least on regular contributor to comp.lang.postscript uses [ for several of the different uses of mark. For example, a recent post contained [ ... >> My practice is to make brackets match, as that allows my text editor to select out to matched parentheses with command-B. So my code contains the likes of [ ... ] << ... >> mark ... pdfmark mark (String ) number (; string ) number (.) ConcatenateToMark Is there authoritative best practice? What do others do? On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 8:05:59 AM UTC-5, jdaw1 wrote: > It seems that at least o...

Use of quotation marks and apostrophes in SQL and Criteria statements
I am back again with a new problem. I keep having problems understanding the use of apostrophes and quotation marks in SQL and in criteria like in the DCount statement. At the moment, I have the following statements that work OK: intNoRecords =3D DCount("[ID]", "Samples", "[PooledID] =3D" & intPooledID) intNoRecords =3D DCount("[ID]", "Samples", "[StatusID] =3D" & intStatusID) But combining them into an =93And=94 either gives me a type mismatch or a =93List separator=94 error or an =93end of statement" er...

why quotation mark lost when using $@ to show bash parameters?
Hi, I'm using following line to show bash parameters: echo "$@" But when the input like: # ./my_script "abc def" The result would be: abc def Why the quotation mask lost? I expect the result should be: "abc def" Thanks, Cyril On 2006-01-17, cyril.li@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using following line to show bash parameters: > > echo "$@" > > But when the input like: > > # ./my_script "abc def" > > The result would be: > abc def > > Why the quotation mask lost? I expect the result shou...

Regex help: delete text only if not within quotation marks
my $string1 = 'titles "statement";'; my $string2 = 'titles "statement"; * comment ;'; my $string3 = "titles '* ; statement';"; my $string4 = "titles '* ; statement'; * comment ;"; $_ = $string4; s#\*\s*(.+?)\s*\; (?!(["'])(.+?)\1)##; print "$_\n"; I want to delete text delimited by * ;, but only if * ; does not occur within quotation marks. After substitution, strings 1&3 should remain unmodified, strings 2&4 should equal strings 1&3 respectively. Additional testcase (not listed) is com...

Footnote text disappears if used inside \mbox...any suggestions on how to keep text together within a line without using \mbox?
Hello, At the end of a paragraph I have a footnote and the footnote doesn't fit in the last line (Latex puts it in the next line and it doesn't look ok a line with a single footnote number). I tried to solve the issue using mbox, but although the footnote number stays in the last line together with the last text of the paragraph, the footnote itself disappears from the text. The text: ....As a result, $W-eH-Z$, where $Z\sim U[\underline{Z},\bar{Z}]$. \footnote{Alternatively, blabla.} My solution (footnote text disappears): ....As a result, \mbox{$W-eH-Z$, where $Z\sim U[\underli...

Correctly formatting quotation marks in footnotes using csquotes, biblatex and biber
Hello, I've noticed quotes aren't being styled in my footnotes when using biblatex, csquotes, and the biblatex-chicago style. I'm setting up my document like this: \usepackage[autostyle=3Dtrue,english=3Dbritish,autopunct=3Dtrue,% strict=3Dtrue]{csquotes} \usepackage[notes,strict,autocite=3Dfootnote,backref=3Dtrue,% backend=3Dbiber]{biblatex-chicago} and using \autocite for my citations As an example, one of my citation titles (in a .bib) is {'Work'} in Progress which is being formatted as 'Work' in Progress in the footnote, when I'd idea...

Exclude text within quotation marks and words beginning with a capital letter
I am working on a program that is written in Python 2.7 to be compatible wi= th the POS tagger that I import from Pattern. The tagger identifies all the= nouns in a text. I need to exclude from the tagger any text that is within= quotation marks, and also any word that begins with an upper case letter (= including words at the beginning of sentences). Any advice on coding that would be gratefully received. Thanks. Kevin Kevin Glover wrote: > I am working on a program that is written in Python 2.7 to be compatible > with the POS tagger that I import from Pattern. The tag...

replacing text for use in a text area...
Hi Gurus I have a PHP page that allows a user to preview an email and then send it if(s)he is happy with it. Otherwise, they can click on an edit button and edit the text of the message. The text is then shown in a textarea element. While in situation A (the preview), a bit of formatting is useful (e.g <BR>), all of this formatting is a nuisance in the textarea. Basically, I would like to do the following: a. replace <BR> with a line break for the textarea b. get rid of double spaces and tabs before the text is loaded in the textarea c. put the <BR>s back in when the use...

Using border.tex on an existing tex document
Hi I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around = a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border = appears but all of my content disappears. Without \borderson the page conte= nt renders as expected (though of course, no border!). I've tried fiddling = with the page dimensions etc but I'm not entirely convinced thats whats cau= sing it. The border.tex macro looks like it should do exactly what I want, = apart from the missing content ;( The original tex content was generated using OpenJade ("openjade" version "= 1.3.2", "OpenSP" version "1.5") to convert from DocBook (v4.5) SGML/DSSSL i= f that makes any difference. The problem we have is DocBook/OpenJade/SGML/D= SSSL doesn't provide a way to wrap an entire page with a border (the best I= can do is wrap the page content in a border meaning headers and footers ge= t their own disjointed borders). I'm processing the tex file using pdfjadetex (pdfTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-= 1.10b, kpathsea version 3.4.5) Thanks in advance :) Ian ikent@companieshouse.gov.uk wrote: > I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). > > At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border appears Except that border.tex % border.tex: Macros...

Using Control-a to select all text in a text widget
I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the text in a widget just like the default Control-/ binding does. I've tried: ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] But [.t bind <Control-/>] returns nothing. If I do: ..t bind <Control-/> {puts "Selecting all"} ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] When I hit Control-/ I get at the prompt "Selecting all" and all the text is selected. But when I hit Control-a all I get is the "Selecting all" at the prompt and no text is selected. I've als...

Assistance parsing text file using Text::CSV_XS
Hello. I'm trying to parse a text file into a 2-d array using Text::CSV_XS. The input file is structured as follows. "Fields" are separated with a "\x0d\x0a" (CRLF) and are enclosed in double-quotes. "Records" are separated with a "\x0c" (FF). My fields can contain embedded CRLF's hence the need for double-quoting. How can I use Text::CSV_XS to solve my problem? My code below only outputs the first line in the input file. Thanks in advance. #!perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; use Text::CSV_XS; our $g_file_input = shift @ARG...

how to use javascript write text to an Input text box
Hi, I tried to assign some string to document.my_form.firstname.value, but the text box does not display anything. eg. document.my_form.firstname.value = "Robert" in this example, the text box area does not display Robert in the web page. Thanks A acord wrote on 24 mrt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript: > I tried to assign some string to document.my_form.firstname.value, but > the text box does not display anything. > eg. > document.my_form.firstname.value = "Robert" > > in this example, the text box area does not display Robert in the web > page. >...

Which To Use
Is Times the standard serif font? I'm deciding which font to use for a book I'm writing. My printer, HP 4ML PostScript, has the resident PostScript font Times Roman (strangely, the bold, italic and bold italic are Times). I recall that PageMaker 5 pushed for using Times. I now have PageMaker 7, and in its font list (the same list that appears in any application) is Times and Times New Roman. Would appreciate your explanation as to how resident printer fonts relate to whatever font I select from the font list (these are usually True Type, although there are other kinds). Also, a recomme...

when to use == and when to use is
I know this question has been answered: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6570371/when-to-use-and-when-to-use-is , but I still have doubts. Consider the following code: class A: def __init__(self, a): self._a = a #def __eq__(self, other): # return self._a != other._a obj_0 = A(0) obj_1 = A(1) obj_2 = A(2) obj = obj_1 if obj == obj_0: print(0) elif obj == obj_1: print(1) elif obj == obj_2: print(2) if obj is obj_0: print(0) elif obj is obj_1: print(1) elif obj is obj_2: print(2) Both if statements wo...

a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX?
Does anyone know of a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX? In particular, has anyone used the perl Text::TeX parser, http://search.cpan.org/~ilyaz/etext.1.6.3/eText/utils/Text/TeX.pm ? I have a 1500-page set of latex documents that I want to be able to generate html versions of, and the latex->html converters I've been able to find don't seem flexible enough, so I'm planning to write my own code in perl. Having a good parser already written for me would be a big help. However, my initial attempts to use Text::Tex have left me in some doubt as to whether ...

Dsum , using numeric & Text help with the Text bit!
Acc 97 Hi, I have the following in my query which works well if it is all set to numbers on table design. But what I want to do is where it states MC (short for machine name) use the actual machine name of which there are 5 off. therefore, on the table design I flick it over to text mode. the query throws a wobbler! and all I get is Error!! would a kind knowledgeable sole, show me how I need to modify this, so that I can use Text setting only the end parts as identified as "MC="&[MC] Note this works OK if all is numeric DSum("[tot]","[Query1]"," E...

Using using
I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 but gnuplot complains Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] although the data file contains 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 What am I doing wrong? I read this in the manual: plot 'file' using 1:($2+$3) "%1f,%1f,%1f" which led me to use the above. I assume the format stuff is not needed. If I am doing this wrong, how do I modify a given column to be plotted arithmetically? -- Dieter Britz Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: > I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract > a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, > > plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 > > but gnuplot complains > > Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] > > although the data file contains > > 1 1 > 2 2 > 3 3 > 4 4 > 5 5 > You´ve set an xrange that ends between one and two. On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:46:37 +0200, Karl wrote: > Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: >> I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from >> col. 2. I tried, in a test script, >> >> plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 >> >> but gnuplot complains >> >> Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjus...

Quotation marks
I've a dummy problem about quotation marks, or better: I must reproduce some formulas as: ---------------------------- PS1=?'hostname':`pwd`# ' ---------------------------- where ' is not a quotation mark: LaTeX changes it in a more beautiful form, but it must remain '. I tried with verb and alltt, but without success. How can I convince LaTeX to maintain the original shape? Thanx! MS Mauro Sacchetto wrote: > I've a dummy problem about quotation marks, or better: > I must reproduce some formulas as: > ---------------------------- > PS1=?'hostname&...

Send/Receive text file using to some server using FTP
Hi All, I have to write a stored procedure which will send/Receive text file from/to a server by using FTP. Is anybody have done anything on it? or know about it. If yes, I would like to know about it. (also provide the stored procedure code if possible) Thanks in Adv. T.S.Negi I have done this in the past using xp_cmdshell. put simply..... create procedure export_ftp_results as /* pre process the data into the output format - real table not a #tmp table may be better*/ select output data into #tmp_table where ...... xp_cmdshell('bcp output.txt out #tmp_table etc...) xp_cmdshel...

quotation marks?
How to configure the auto-insertion in Emacs (.emacs file) for the quotation marks? example: this text -> ``this text'' -- THANX! Hello, twiki You wrote on Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:28:50 +0100: t> How to configure the auto-insertion in Emacs (.emacs file) for t> the quotation marks? t> example: this text -> ``this text'' I think what you want has something to do with abbrevs and autotyping, check out this maual: (info "(autotype)") -- Mark twiki <twiki7619@yahoo.it> writes: > How to configure the auto-insertion in Emacs (.emacs fi...

quotation marks
This project I'm working on is going great. PHP is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've already connected to the MySQL database, retreived and sent data, displayed the data using a foreach loop and added the feature of resorting and updating the data. The next feature I want to add to my page is to allow the user to send his own MySQL select statement. Most of the statement never changes, so I put it on the page as plain HTML. The user can fill in textboxes for the columns he wants, the order if he wants, limit if he wants, etc. Upon submit, the server script takes the par...

Web resources about - Roman quotation marks when using xeCJK - comp.text.tex

Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung ( simplified Chinese : 毛主席语录 ; traditional Chinese : 毛主席語錄 ; pinyin : Máo zhǔxí yǔlù ), is a book of selected ...

Quotations : What are some of the deepest quotes that you've read or heard in your life?
Answer (1 of 544): Its a little long, but worth a read: One day Solomon decided to humble Benaiah ben Yehoyada, his most trusted minister. He ...

Scenic Quotes - Daily Inspirational Quotations and Sayings on Beautiful Photographs and Scenery on the ...
Get Scenic Quotes - Daily Inspirational Quotations and Sayings on Beautiful Photographs and Scenery on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

A Query A Quest A Quotation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
One of a series of library education posters designed by Peabody Visual Aids in the 1930s and 1940s, which I salvaged from a throw-away pile ...

President Obama Chooses Neil Abercrombie: “Quotation” - YouTube
Hear President Obama in his own words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJF9EtmvvyM When he looks at the choice for democrat for Governor, President ...

Explore and share quotations you love with Quotes Folder
If you enjoy reading quotationsand sharing those you love with others, then Quotes Folder from Nestor Borgo is the perfect tool for you. The ...

Bartlett’s quotation, part 2
Over at the Washington Monthly , Steve Benen has published Bruce Bartlett’s response to Atrios’s question about why the media continues to treat ...

The Bob Dylan Christmas quotation.
Somebody commented on the usefulness of all the gifts exchanged at Christmas when there are no children around. And somebody else said this book ...

Quotation of the Day: Happy Capital Day?
"Capital without labor means machines with no operators, or financial resources without the manpower to invest in. Labor without capital looks ...

Is a quotation alive?
In a wonderful essay/book review in the February 19/26, 2007 New Yorker, Louis Menand writes, "Quotations are in a perpetual struggle for survival. ...