sciposter +bibliography

Hi everybody
I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox
package. My problem is with bibliography part.

\begin{sectionbox}{}

\bibliography {sch:1}
\newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider
\newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993).

Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C.,
\newblock{\em AstroPhysical  Journal},482,913(1997).
\end{sectionbox}
\vfill

 This lines produce a Reference box  ,but its problem is referring to
references.  It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography
for the second reference !!!

Best ,nakisa

nakisa <nakisa.nooraee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody
> I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox
> package. My problem is with bibliography part.
>
> \begin{sectionbox}{}
>
> \bibliography {sch:1}
> \newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider
> \newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993).
>
> Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C.,
> \newblock{\em AstroPhysical  Journal},482,913(1997).
> \end{sectionbox}
> \vfill
>
>  This lines produce a Reference box  ,but its problem is referring to
> references.  It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography
> for the second reference !!!

I don't know about sciposter, but probably something like

\begin{sectionbox}{}
\begin{thebibliography}{2}
\bibitem{sch:1} H. Erdl, P. Schnider
\newblock\emph{Astron. Astrophys.},\newblock 268:453--471 (1993).

\bibitem{g:1}% choose a key
A. Gould, J.\,N. Bahcall, C. Flynn,
\newblock\emph{AstroPhysical Journal},\newblock 482, 913 (1997).
\end{thebibliography}
\end{sectionbox}

would be better. The command \bibliography is for use along with
BibTeX.

Ciao
Enrico
0
gregorio (1367)
2/24/2008 4:40:23 PM
hi Enrico
thanks of your help.
It works correctly now.
cheers,nakisa

Bibliography in appendix
I need to put my bibliography into an appendix and have to use the article style. When I issue the \appendix command and then put \section{Bibliography}, followed by \bibliography{...}, I get A Bibliography References How can I get rid of "References"? I already tried \renewcommand{\bibname}{} in the preamble as well as just before the \bibliography command, to no effect. Any ideas? Thanks Andreas andreas <ahaselbacher@gmail.com> writes: > I need to put my bibliography into an appendix and have to use the > article style. When I issue the \appendix command and th...

no numbering in bibliography
Hi, \begin{thebibliography}{99} \bibitem{ecp} Apt, Krzysztof. (2005). \emph{Explaining Constraint Programming}. \underline{http://arxiv.org/abs/cs.PL/0602027}. \bibitem{cpabbs} Bart\'ak, Roman. (2005). \emph{Constraint Propagation and Backtracking-Based Search: A Brief Introduction to Mainstream Techniques of Constraint Satisfaction}. \underline{http://ktiml.mff.cuni.cz/~bartak/constraints/}. ...... \end{thebibliography} I have this: [1] Apt, Krzy....blabla [2] Bart.... blablabla I want this: Apt, Krzy....blabla Bart.... blablabla I don't want label and enumeration for my bibit...

special bibliography format
Dear all, I have to produce a LaTex bibliography following a quite complicated template. I could resolve part of my problems customizing my bibliographystyle with 'makebst' but there are still some issues unresolved: - The bibliography has to come in two columns with a vertical line between the columns - The entries have to carry numbers in the following form: 1. Author1: Title etc 2. Author2: 1. title 1 2. title 2 3. Author3 etc. with makebst, I can only choose numbers in square brackets and dashes for more than one book per author. - There are some titles with no known aut...

Inserting a BibTeX Reference in text (not in bibliography)
Hi all My apologies if this question has an easily obtained answer---I've searched Google and Usenet, and read several BibTeX overviews---but I'd be grateful if someone could help. I have a BibTeX file and want to insert one of the references in my text. Note: I don't want to insert a citation (generating a [21] etc.) and I don't want to generate the whole bibliography, I just want to insert one of the entries in my BibTeX file at some point in my document. The specific problem I am trying to solve is as follows: I am writing my PhD thesis and I have to include a one-page &q...

Bibliography with russian entries
Hi, is there a way to generate a bibliography with some Russian entries in Cyrillic script using BibTeX? Philipp ...

sciposter
Hi, how can I change the page size? In the example I couldn't found the readings for this and any compile trials ends with A0 size. Thanks, Thomas -- E-Mail bitte an: jthkue bei webpunktde =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Jan-Thomas_K=FChnert?= <jthkue_spamtrapp@fastmail.to> writes: >how can I change the page size? In the example I couldn't found the >readings for this and any compile trials ends with A0 size. if all else fails, look in the tex catalogue for documentation; this would have led you (as it just has me) to some copy of: http://www.tex.ac.uk/macros/latex/contrib/scipos...

table of contents problem with longtable and bibliography
When generating my TOC for my list of tables, my tables come out as Table 1.1 ........... page number but my longtables only appear as 1.1.................... page number How can I solve this problem. When generating my TOC my bibliography page number is either one page before the actual starting page of my list of references or is the last page \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\MakeUppercase{\bibname}} \bibliography{bibfile} or \bibliography{bibfile} \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\MakeUppercase{\bibname}} Am I doing something completely wrong? maucoin@alumni.uwaterloo.ca writes: > ...

Removing linebreaks from bibliography
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I'm trying to create a bibliography with out linebreaks i.e: [1] A.Author Blah Blah Blah [2] An.Other Blah Blah Blah [3] Yet.Another My article Rather than: [1] A.Author Blah Blah Blah [2] An.Other Blah Blah Blah [3] Yet.Another My article Is there a style or hack that will allow me to do this? Thanks! Well, bibtex uses a \list command, so you might remove that to see what happens. :-) Other than that, have you looked through all the bib styles/formats at TeX Online Catalogue: http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/bytopic.htm...

sciposter on a4?
Hey ho. I'm using the sciposter class, but I've been asked to produce an a4 version of my poster. Any ideas? I know that the class has options for a1, a2 and a3 but not for a4. What other options have I? -- Jesse F. Hughes "I talk with bigger fish who are playing different games." -- James S Harris has a way with the metaphor. Jesse F. Hughes wrote: > Hey ho. > > I'm using the sciposter class, but I've been asked to produce an a4 > version of my poster. Any ideas? > > I know that the class has options for a1, a2 and a3 but not for a4. >...

sciposter +bibliography
Hi everybody I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox package. My problem is with bibliography part. \begin{sectionbox}{} \bibliography {sch:1} \newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider \newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993). Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C., \newblock{\em AstroPhysical Journal},482,913(1997). \end{sectionbox} \vfill This lines produce a Reference box ,but its problem is referring to references. It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography for the second reference !!! Best ,nakisa nakisa <nakisa.nooraee@gmail.com> wrote: ...

Natural Science bibliography style
Hello and thanks in advance for your help, I currently am using MikTex with TexNicCenter to develop my LaTeX document. I'm managing my bibliographies with JabRef and using the NatBib package in my preamble, specifically as ... \usepackage[round]{natbib} %Bibliography \bibliographystyle{plainnat} %style of the bib With this setup, the citation list appears in alphabetic order by last name but the individual citations appear with the authors initials first, e.g., S.J. Westerheim and W.E. Ricker. Bias in using age-length key to estimate age-frequency distributio...

The bibliography of the refereneces and the papers' list by me.
Dear all, I'm now writing my Ph. D. Thesis, according to the requirements of Chinese Academy of Sciences, it should include both the list of the refereneces cited in the thesis and the list of published papers of the author in different locations in the thesis with both lists numbering from 1. I want to use one .bib file to manage all of the above refereneces: cited by me and those published ones of mine. What should I do to achieve this aim? I have try the following: 1- In the chapter for bibliography of my thesis, I use the following codes: ------------------------ % The GBT7714-...

Bibliography in a box
Hi there, I want to use LaTeX to make small "cards" (A5 paper) as a summary of some texts, books and articles. Now, it's VERY IMPORTANT to have ONE, and just a single one, bibliography reference in the upper left corner of the page. This is just because that bibliography reference is exactly the one that will be summarized in the card. I'm planning to use minipage to do that. The question is: how do I put the bibliograpy reference in that minipage in the upper left corner of the page? Thanks a lot, JB "Bapstist" <batista.osb@gmail.com> writes: >I wan...

weblinks inside bibliography
Using a previous inquiry on this group by Pierre Soille, i Hacked abbrvnat.bst from natbib to transform the title of articles and books into hyperref links. It worked well except for formating details. I replaced FUNCTION {format.title} { title empty$ { "" } { title "t" change.case$ } if$ } by FUNCTION {format.title} { title empty$ { "" } { url empty$ { title "t" change.case$ } { "\href{" * url * "}{" title "t" change.case$ "}" * * } if$ } if$ } and FUNCTION {forma...

Artificial Intelligence FAQ:4/6 Bibliography [Monthly posting] #2 #7
Archive-name: ai-faq/general/part4 Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 2.1 Maintainer: Ric Crabbe <crabbe@usna.edu> and Amit Dubey <adubey@coli.uni-sb.de> URL: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ai-faq/general/part4/preamble.html ;;; **************************************************************** ;;; Answers to Questions about Artificial Intelligence ************* ;;; **************************************************************** ;;; Written by Ric Crabbe, Amit Dubey, and Mark Kantrowitz ;;; ai_4.faq This part of the AI FAQ provides a bibliography of good introductory texts, overviews ...

sciposter + PDF
Hi all, I'm trying to create an A0 poster using the sciposter class. It previews fine in as a PS file using gv (Debian linux), but the poster gets cut (not resized) into an A4 when I view the PDF file. I created the PDF file using: ps2pdf <ps file> <pdf file> As the PS file worked fine, I presume I missing an argument to ps2pdf or something. I also viewed the example in sciposter.tar.gz fine, so it isn't my gv (I also repeated it with Acroread on Windows...same problem). Any suggestions for options to ps2pdf? Or, am I missing a step between dvips and ps2pdf? A...

Bibliography Notes
How could I do the following: blah blah blah \cite[page 523]{important.book} blah blah and not have the "page 523" show up in the text of my document but at the end of my Bibliography entry instead? Something like: Bibliography [ 1 ] Person VI. Very important book, New York; Important Publisher, pp. 523 I have a journal that requires this sort of thing for its bibliography format. In article <f43tk0$5j9$1@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>, Karl Edler <umedler@cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote: > How could I do the following: > > blah blah blah \cite[page 523]{important.b...

put bibliography at end of each chapter in report document class
Hi, Is there a way of putting a separate bibliography at the end of each chapter in report document class ? thanks Salman On 18-04-2005 0:26, Salman wrote: > Is there a way of putting a separate bibliography at the end of each > chapter in report document class ? Read the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=chapbib Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos ...

tables appear within bibliography
Hi all, I would greatly appreciate help with the following. My tables (using the tabular environment) appear in the middle of my bibliography, declared using \bibliographystyle{plain} \bibliography{references} after the definitions of the 2 tables. How do I stop this happening? Thanks, Enda Enda wrote: > My tables (using the tabular environment) appear in the middle of my > bibliography, declared using > \bibliographystyle{plain} > \bibliography{references} > > after the definitions of the 2 tables. > > How do I stop this happening? See if this FAQ answer helps:...

CTAN package update: sciposter.cls v1.17
The package described below has been updated at tug.ctan.org and should soon make its way to your favorite mirror. Thanks again, Jim Hefferon St Michael's College ====================================================================== The following information was provided by the package's contributor. Name of contribution: sciposter.cls v1.17 Author's name: Michael H.F. Wilkinson Location on CTAN: /macros/latex/contrib/sciposter/ Summary description: Make posters of ISO A3 size and larger (new version: babel aware) License type: lppl Announcement text given by the package&#...

Bibliography Troubles
I'm using the IEEE transactions bibliography style (ieeetr) and for some reason when I cite journal articles only the volume number is printed in the bibliography, not the issue number. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? Should the style reference IEEEtran instead of ieeetr in the \bibliographystyle entry since that is the file name? LaTeX seems to take ieeetr no problem even though there is no ieeetr.cls or ieeetr.bst files. Adam Adam Elbirt wrote: > I'm using the IEEE transactions bibliography style (ieeetr) and for some > reason when I cite jour...

Artificial Intelligence FAQ:4/6 Bibliography [Monthly posting] #2 #4
Archive-name: ai-faq/general/part4 Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 2.1 Maintainer: Ric Crabbe <crabbe@usna.edu> and Amit Dubey <adubey@coli.uni-sb.de> URL: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ai-faq/general/part4/preamble.html ;;; **************************************************************** ;;; Answers to Questions about Artificial Intelligence ************* ;;; **************************************************************** ;;; Written by Ric Crabbe, Amit Dubey, and Mark Kantrowitz ;;; ai_4.faq This part of the AI FAQ provides a bibliography of good introductory texts, overviews ...

sciposter + grid
Hi, Iam preparing poster using sciposter class to make nice-looking header. Rest of the content I format using pstricks command thanks to template found here: http://andreas.welcomes-you.com/projects/a0poster/ However I dont know how to draw grid for the content area right below the header. \pssgrid command does not give me any result. Note that I use pdflatex + pst-pdf package, because in normal latex+dvips+ps2pdf header went always on bottom of the page. Any hints? Sebastian I forgot minimal example: \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article} \usepackage{polski} \usepackage[margin=2cm]{geome...

Unlabeled Bibliography (References) Section with BibTeX -- Is it possible?
Dear All, I have been scanning in vain the internet in order to locate a definitive answer to the question: Is it possible to create in BibTex a Bibliography section that is unlabeled (i.e. does NOT have any unique labels of ANY sort in front of the bibliographic entries)? That would fit the description of the term "References" section I think. If it is possible, then how? If it is not possible then what would be the alternative? I have already tried jurabib, biblatex, and even bibentry. The problem is that none of these seem to work with the latex class CurVe (for cr...

Artificial Intelligence FAQ:4/6 Bibliography [Monthly posting] #2 #3