sciposter +bibliography

Hi everybody
I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox
package. My problem is with bibliography part.

\begin{sectionbox}{}

\bibliography {sch:1}
\newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider
\newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993).

Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C.,
\newblock{\em AstroPhysical  Journal},482,913(1997).
\end{sectionbox}
\vfill

 This lines produce a Reference box  ,but its problem is referring to
references.  It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography
for the second reference !!!

Best ,nakisa

nakisa <nakisa.nooraee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody
> I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox
> package. My problem is with bibliography part.
>
> \begin{sectionbox}{}
>
> \bibliography {sch:1}
> \newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider
> \newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993).
>
> Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C.,
> \newblock{\em AstroPhysical  Journal},482,913(1997).
> \end{sectionbox}
> \vfill
>
>  This lines produce a Reference box  ,but its problem is referring to
> references.  It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography
> for the second reference !!!

I don't know about sciposter, but probably something like

\begin{sectionbox}{}
\begin{thebibliography}{2}
\bibitem{sch:1} H. Erdl, P. Schnider
\newblock\emph{Astron. Astrophys.},\newblock 268:453--471 (1993).

\bibitem{g:1}% choose a key
A. Gould, J.\,N. Bahcall, C. Flynn,
\newblock\emph{AstroPhysical Journal},\newblock 482, 913 (1997).
\end{thebibliography}
\end{sectionbox}

would be better. The command \bibliography is for use along with
BibTeX.

Ciao
Enrico
0
gregorio (1367)
2/24/2008 4:40:23 PM
hi Enrico
thanks of your help.
It works correctly now.
cheers,nakisa

sciposter +bibliography
Hi everybody I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox package. My problem is with bibliography part. \begin{sectionbox}{} \bibliography {sch:1} \newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider \newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993). Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C., \newblock{\em AstroPhysical Journal},482,913(1997). \end{sectionbox} \vfill This lines produce a Reference box ,but its problem is referring to references. It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography for the second reference !!! Best ,nakisa nakisa <nakisa.nooraee@gmail.com> wrote: ...

about the bibliography
Hi everyone, I am using fsuthesis template to do my thesis. Well, I ran into some difficulty when I tried to adjust the bibliography style. According to fsuthesis.sty in( http://www.csit.fsu.edu/docs/tex/fsuthesis/fsuthesis.zip), the reference style is like : [1] D. Wagner, "Resilient Aggregation in Sensor Networks," Second ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, pp. 78-87, Washington DC, 2004, pp. 78-87. 1.1, 2.2.5 I guess the 1.1,2.2.5 represent the chapter's section number. But I do not need it!!!!! I want to cancel them . Does anyone tell me w...

sciposter
Hi, how can I change the page size? In the example I couldn't found the readings for this and any compile trials ends with A0 size. Thanks, Thomas -- E-Mail bitte an: jthkue bei webpunktde =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Jan-Thomas_K=FChnert?= <jthkue_spamtrapp@fastmail.to> writes: >how can I change the page size? In the example I couldn't found the >readings for this and any compile trials ends with A0 size. if all else fails, look in the tex catalogue for documentation; this would have led you (as it just has me) to some copy of: http://www.tex.ac.uk/macros/latex/contrib/scipos...

my own bibliography: how?
Hello all, following from previous posts concerning this matter, I'd like to expose some questions which have puzzled me the whole weekend. As put in an earlier post, I want to make a tabular form bibliography: ------------------------------------------ | RD 1 | Title | Author | Date | sth else..| ---------------------------------------------- | RD 2 | ... and so on I only managed to go as far as turning {thebibliography} into a tabular environment, without doing anything useful. And after re-reading latex.ltx and the commented source of ltbibl.dtx, I'm still trying to underst...

Bibliography (again)
Hi all: I would like to be able to typeset bibliographies with these features: 1) in two-columns; 2) in a sans-serif font; 3) ragged right; 4) each item should be typeset as [3] William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White. The elements of Style. Macmillan, New York, third edition, 1979. and not as [3] William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White. The elements of Style. Macmillan, New York, third edition, 1979. Lars Madsen told me how to attain goal #1 (thanks, once again) and I figured for myself how to attain goals #2 and #3; see this file: \documentclass{memoir} \usepackage{multicol}...

bibliography
Hi I am using the egs.bst bibliography style for my thesis and am very happy with the output, but I would like the list of authors to be in bold. I have looked at the bst file but do not feel confident in changing anything. I have also looked at the btxhak pdf file but don't really understand it. If anyone could let me know asap that would be great! Thanks in advance Moby. -- /\ Remove YOUR THOUGHTS to reply \/ ...

bibliography
Hello, I need to write a program that creates a bibliography from a text file indicating where words were in line #. I need to use the file I/O functions. Thanks Mito On 30 May 2006 20:07:56 -0700, mito19651996@hotmail.com wrote in comp.lang.c: > Hello, > I need to write a program that creates a bibliography from a text file > indicating where words were in line #. I need to use the file I/O > functions. > > Thanks > Mito Well, go ahead and do so. We certainly won't stop you. And if you have problems getting your code to work properly, by all means post it here...

sciposter on a4?
Hey ho. I'm using the sciposter class, but I've been asked to produce an a4 version of my poster. Any ideas? I know that the class has options for a1, a2 and a3 but not for a4. What other options have I? -- Jesse F. Hughes "I talk with bigger fish who are playing different games." -- James S Harris has a way with the metaphor. Jesse F. Hughes wrote: > Hey ho. > > I'm using the sciposter class, but I've been asked to produce an a4 > version of my poster. Any ideas? > > I know that the class has options for a1, a2 and a3 but not for a4. >...

sciposter + grid
Hi, Iam preparing poster using sciposter class to make nice-looking header. Rest of the content I format using pstricks command thanks to template found here: http://andreas.welcomes-you.com/projects/a0poster/ However I dont know how to draw grid for the content area right below the header. \pssgrid command does not give me any result. Note that I use pdflatex + pst-pdf package, because in normal latex+dvips+ps2pdf header went always on bottom of the page. Any hints? Sebastian I forgot minimal example: \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article} \usepackage{polski} \usepackage[margin=2cm]{geome...

bibliography formatting
Hello, For some reason, and this never happened before until recently, the titles of my references are formatted such that the first word is capitalized and the rest are not. However, I have not formatted them like this in the bibliography file --I have capitalized each word (except prepositions, etc.) in the titles. Nor do I want them formatted like this because numerous titles have abbreviations in them that should not be in lower-case. I'm using bibedit to manage the bibliography and adding the following commands to the end of my documents just before the \end{document} command: \bib...

Double bibliographies?
In my field of study it is customary to have two bibliographies in each paper; one with sources and one with secondary literature. So I wonder if anybody can tell me whether this is somehow possible with Latex and Bibtex? Thank you, Jonas Jonas W wrote: > In my field of study it is customary to have two bibliographies in each > paper; one with sources and one with secondary literature. So I wonder > if anybody can tell me whether this is somehow possible with Latex and > Bibtex? Read the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multbib Best regards, Jose Carlos...

bibliography problem!
Hello everyone I am using the elsart package to write a scientific paper and have the following problem. I used \documentclass{elsart} \usepackage{cite} \usepackage{natbib} and now in bibliography i use \begin{bibliography}{00} \bibitem{label1} some text. i referance it as \cite{label1} my first problem 1. it used paranthesis that is it shows the rederance as (1) whereas it should show as [1]. 2. if i use \cite{label1,label2} it shows as (1;2) whereas i need (1,2) please help me out. thanks in anticipation, kalpana prasad.. kalpanaprasad@gmail.com schrieb: > Hello everyone > ...

Bibliography and sorting
Hello! I would like my references sorted by appearance (default with bibtex) BUT: I want counting to start from the text of chapter one and not from TOC, list of figures, list of tables , abstract, etc... Does anyone know how I can do this? karakiolis@gmail.com writes: > I would like my references sorted by appearance (default with bibtex) > BUT: I want counting to start from the text of chapter one and not from > TOC, list of figures, list of tables , abstract, etc... Does anyone > know how I can do this? For TOC, LOT and LOF you can either use the optional arguments for \capt...

SSA bibliography
Hi, My SSA bibliography has recently moved to a new home at http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jsinger/ssa.html It is still available in the Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies at http://liinwww.ira.uka.de/bibliography/Compiler/ssa.html Thanks, Jeremy The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401 ...

bibliography on a CV
Hi all, I have to write my CV and I'm going to write it with Latex. I'm facing this problem. Since it is a scientific CV (i.e. there is a list of scientific publications and they are cited in the text) I need the bibliography. The bibliography (i.e list of publicatons) at the end of the CV is required to have this format BOOKS [A1] Me, My coauthors, "Title of my first book" .... [A2] Me, My coauthors, "Title of my second book" .... ARTICLE ON INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS [B1] Me,My coauthors, "Title of my first journal article" .... [B2] Me, My coauthors,...

IEEE Bibliography
Hi guys I'm trying to add a .bbl file as the bibliography source to my LaTeX file. However, when I generate the PDF file of my document, the format of the references does not match with what I expect. It simply copies and pastes the content of the .bbl file. Do you know where I'm doing wrong? Am I supposed to use any .bst file here? Thanks in advance Vahid On 04/22/2013 12:01 PM, Vahid Babakeshizadeh wrote: > I'm trying to add a .bbl file as the bibliography source to my LaTeX file. However, when I generate the PDF file of my document, the format of the reference...

sciposter + figure
hi every body I have used scipoter for designing poster .but i can't control the place of figures. which is the format of figures ? eps or pdf ?!!! can anybody help me ? best,nakisa On 13-10-2007 5:00, nakisa wrote: > I have used scipoter for designing poster .but i can't control the > place of figures. How do you insert them? > which is the format of figures ? eps or pdf ?!!! Use EPS if you intend to compile your file using LaTeX and use PDF if you intend to compile it using PDFLaTeX. Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos On Oct 13, 5:00 am, nakisa <nakisa.noor...@...

Ibid in bibliographies.
My client wants something like this in the bibliography: Foo, John J.--- pages 10-20 Ibid. page 30. Does bibtex do this automatically? If not, how do I set it up? Or is Ibid. too old fashioned? John Culleton JC> From: john@wexfordpress.com (John Culleton) JC> Date: 15 Aug 2004 13:56:35 -0700 JC> My client wants something like this in the bibliography: JC> Foo, John J.--- JC> pages 10-20 JC> Ibid. page 30. JC> Does bibtex do this automatically? If not, how do I set it up? JC> Or is Ibid. too old fashioned? Try opcit package from CTAN -- Good luck -Boris Crui...

bibliography or Bibtex?
I am now getting the biblio of my paper together. I read NSSIL (Not so short ...) and Geenberg's "Simplified Intro" (this looks like it might be good--any comments). NSSIL has a paragraph on biblio, leaving you want a bit more detail. He does say to use Bibtex only for longer docs. I am using TeXshop on a MAC. I have only about 15 items in my biblio, so I don't want to go into anything heavy to do this. But Greenberg says everyone should use Bibtex. What do you say? Any refs. on how to do this besides what I have? Van "Van Jacques" <vanjac12@yahoo.com> wr...

why do bibliographies disappear?
I recently installed biblatex into my MikTeX installation, and found that none of my bibliographies compile any more. Not my old BibTeX based documents, not the examples supplied in the biblatex documentation. I get question marks in the output file, and the logfile reports that the citations are undefined. This has happened before too, and I've no idea what I did to fix it (i.e. it eventually came right). So far I've refreshed the FNDB and the format files from within the MikTeX setup. I've also cleared out all of the working files (.log, ..aux, .bbl and so on) for re-...

Bibliography management
I would appreciate learning about your experiences managing bibliographies post BiBTeX. Do you use LaTeX based systems (and so they are for all computers, Mac, Windows, Unix)? Are there only Mac/Windows based solutions? How widely they are used? GG On 28/12/2014 17:58, George Gratzer wrote: > I would appreciate learning about your experiences managing bibliographies post BiBTeX. > > Do you use LaTeX based systems (and so they are for all computers, Mac, Windows, Unix)? > > Are there only Mac/Windows based solutions? > > How widely they are used? &g...

Bibliography and brackets
I need brackets in bibliography. ------ From foo.tex ------ \begin{thebibliography}{6} % \bibitem {huffman:1} Huffman, D.: A method for the construction of minimum redundancy codes. Proc. of the IRE {\bfseries 40} (1952) 1098--1101 -------------------------- ------ From foo.def ------ 1. Huffman, D.: A method for the construction of minimum redundancy codes. Proc. of the IRE 40 (1952) 1098�1101 -------------------------- ------ I need in foo.def ------ [1] Huffman, D.: A method for the construction of minimum redundancy codes. Proc. of the IRE 40 (1952) 1098�1101 ------------------------...

bibliography into parts
H ...

paragraph in Bibliography
Hello there, I have another question reagarding bibliography using BiBTeX. I would like to add one short paragraph in the beginning of bibliography (right before the first item), containing some general information. Is there a way to do this without having to edit the *.bbl file by hand? If that is not possible, I would also be happy if I can put my paragraph in a footnote to the title of the bibliography chapter (that is to say, the "Bibliography"). I tried using \footnote after \bibliography in my source file, but the footnote went to the end of the bibliography. Thanks for any ...

sciposter + PDF
Hi all, I'm trying to create an A0 poster using the sciposter class. It previews fine in as a PS file using gv (Debian linux), but the poster gets cut (not resized) into an A4 when I view the PDF file. I created the PDF file using: ps2pdf <ps file> <pdf file> As the PS file worked fine, I presume I missing an argument to ps2pdf or something. I also viewed the example in sciposter.tar.gz fine, so it isn't my gv (I also repeated it with Acroread on Windows...same problem). Any suggestions for options to ps2pdf? Or, am I missing a step between dvips and ps2pdf? A...