sciposter +bibliography

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi everybody
I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox
package. My problem is with bibliography part.

\begin{sectionbox}{}

\bibliography {sch:1}
\newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider
\newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993).

Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C.,
\newblock{\em AstroPhysical  Journal},482,913(1997).
\end{sectionbox}
\vfill

 This lines produce a Reference box  ,but its problem is referring to
references.  It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography
for the second reference !!!

Best ,nakisa
0
Reply nakisa.nooraee (180) 2/24/2008 4:05:42 PM

See related articles to this posting

nakisa <nakisa.nooraee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody
> I have used sciposter.cls for designing a poster and use sectionbox
> package. My problem is with bibliography part.
>
> \begin{sectionbox}{}
>
> \bibliography {sch:1}
> \newblock H.Erdl ,P.Schnider
> \newblock{\em Astron. Astrophys.},268:453--471(1993).
>
> Gould A.,Bahcall J.N.,Flynn C.,
> \newblock{\em AstroPhysical  Journal},482,913(1997).
> \end{sectionbox}
> \vfill
>
>  This lines produce a Reference box  ,but its problem is referring to
> references.  It doesn't work with \bibitem ,also with \bibliography
> for the second reference !!!

I don't know about sciposter, but probably something like

\begin{sectionbox}{}
\begin{thebibliography}{2}
\bibitem{sch:1} H. Erdl, P. Schnider
\newblock\emph{Astron. Astrophys.},\newblock 268:453--471 (1993).

\bibitem{g:1}% choose a key
A. Gould, J.\,N. Bahcall, C. Flynn,
\newblock\emph{AstroPhysical Journal},\newblock 482, 913 (1997).
\end{thebibliography}
\end{sectionbox}

would be better. The command \bibliography is for use along with
BibTeX.

Ciao
Enrico
0
Reply gregorio (1367) 2/24/2008 4:40:23 PM

hi Enrico
thanks of your help.
It works correctly now.
cheers,nakisa
0
Reply nakisa.nooraee (180) 2/25/2008 3:01:10 AM
comp.text.tex 36770 articles. 71 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

bibliography
Hello, I need to write a program that creates a bibliography from a text file indicating where words were in line #. I need to use the file I/O functions. Thanks Mito On 30 May 2006 20:07:56 -0700, mito19651996@hotmail.com wrote in comp.lang.c: > Hello, > I need to write a program that creates a bibliography from a text file > indicating where words were in line #. I need to use the file I/O > functions. > > Thanks > Mito Well, go ahead and do so. We certainly won't stop you. And if you have problems getting your code to work properly, by all means post it here...

about the bibliography
Hi everyone, I am using fsuthesis template to do my thesis. Well, I ran into some difficulty when I tried to adjust the bibliography style. According to fsuthesis.sty in( http://www.csit.fsu.edu/docs/tex/fsuthesis/fsuthesis.zip), the reference style is like : [1] D. Wagner, "Resilient Aggregation in Sensor Networks," Second ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, pp. 78-87, Washington DC, 2004, pp. 78-87. 1.1, 2.2.5 I guess the 1.1,2.2.5 represent the chapter's section number. But I do not need it!!!!! I want to cancel them . Does anyone tell me w...

my own bibliography: how?
Hello all, following from previous posts concerning this matter, I'd like to expose some questions which have puzzled me the whole weekend. As put in an earlier post, I want to make a tabular form bibliography: ------------------------------------------ | RD 1 | Title | Author | Date | sth else..| ---------------------------------------------- | RD 2 | ... and so on I only managed to go as far as turning {thebibliography} into a tabular environment, without doing anything useful. And after re-reading latex.ltx and the commented source of ltbibl.dtx, I'm still trying to underst...

sciposter
Hi, how can I change the page size? In the example I couldn't found the readings for this and any compile trials ends with A0 size. Thanks, Thomas -- E-Mail bitte an: jthkue bei webpunktde =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Jan-Thomas_K=FChnert?= <jthkue_spamtrapp@fastmail.to> writes: >how can I change the page size? In the example I couldn't found the >readings for this and any compile trials ends with A0 size. if all else fails, look in the tex catalogue for documentation; this would have led you (as it just has me) to some copy of: http://www.tex.ac.uk/macros/latex/contrib/scipos...

bibliography
Hi I am using the egs.bst bibliography style for my thesis and am very happy with the output, but I would like the list of authors to be in bold. I have looked at the bst file but do not feel confident in changing anything. I have also looked at the btxhak pdf file but don't really understand it. If anyone could let me know asap that would be great! Thanks in advance Moby. -- /\ Remove YOUR THOUGHTS to reply \/ ...

Bibliography (again)
Hi all: I would like to be able to typeset bibliographies with these features: 1) in two-columns; 2) in a sans-serif font; 3) ragged right; 4) each item should be typeset as [3] William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White. The elements of Style. Macmillan, New York, third edition, 1979. and not as [3] William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White. The elements of Style. Macmillan, New York, third edition, 1979. Lars Madsen told me how to attain goal #1 (thanks, once again) and I figured for myself how to attain goals #2 and #3; see this file: \documentclass{memoir} \usepackage{multicol}...

Bibliography in a box
Hi there, I want to use LaTeX to make small "cards" (A5 paper) as a summary of some texts, books and articles. Now, it's VERY IMPORTANT to have ONE, and just a single one, bibliography reference in the upper left corner of the page. This is just because that bibliography reference is exactly the one that will be summarized in the card. I'm planning to use minipage to do that. The question is: how do I put the bibliograpy reference in that minipage in the upper left corner of the page? Thanks a lot, JB "Bapstist" <batista.osb@gmail.com> writes: >I wan...

Sorted bibliography in [...]
Hi everybody, I have created a bibliography style file with the tool Bib-It. However, the different references in [..] in the main text do not appear in numerical order. For example, I may get [12,45,3,13]. Is there any way I can modify the generated style file manually to do this? And what if I want the use of ranges, like in [2-14, 3]? I don't know if I can use Bib-It to do this directly, but I don't want to redefine all the style patterns again from scratch, so I was wondering if it is possible to add the necessary workarounds directly in the bibtex style files. I hope you can giv...

Bibliography Styles..
Hi dear Tex gurus, I need your help. I would like to find a style for managing my bibliography. Would you suggest some styles that SORTS (by surname) and NUMBERS my references? My data base contais the names like author= { John Gutenberg and Ken Woodman} author = {John Fotergill} and I would like to see my references as: [1] Fotergill J. [2] Gutenberg J. and K. Woodman Is there some BIBLIOGRAPHYSTYLE able to do that?. All comments ad help are very welcomed. LG \bibliographystyle{acm} Thanks a lot!! LG ...

Bibliography and figures
Hello, I am writing up my PhD thesis and the deadline is getting shorter and shorter. I would be glad if someone can help me out solving two problems with LATEX: 1) FIGURES: I would like to place the figures relative of each Chapter at the end of it. I used: ....end chapter 1 \newpage \begin{figure}[h!] \centering \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{backscatter_coarse_200khz.jpg} \caption{\label{backscatter_coarse} Frequency domain response of masses of Avicel in coarse steps added to water and subjected to a tone burst excitation} \end{figure} \begin{figure}[h!] \centering \includegraph...

sort in bibliography
Hi, In the bibliography of a book in croatian I have some names beginning with \v S, \v Z etc. that are not being properly sorted. How to get Bibtex to put, e.g., all names beginning with \v S, immediately after the names beginning with S? (In the preamble I have croatian option of babel. Bibliographystyle is a modified acm style.) I was unable to find a solution in FAQ and The LaTeX Companion (the problem is mentioned on pp. 417). Best regards Srecko Srecko Kovac <skovac@filist.fizg.hr> wrote: > Hi, > In the bibliography of a book in croatian I have some names beginning with ...

Bibliography Question
Hi, I got a problem with "References", and I hope someone please help me. Here is my problem: The bibliography usualy looks like this: [1] G. Smith ... [2] J. Johnson .. when you cite, you use [1], [2] . My pulisher wants this format: 1. G. Smith ... 2. J. Johnson .. i.e., brackets removed. When you cite, you do Ref. 1, Ref. 2, ... How can I achieve this? Thank you so much. On Apr 26, 9:28=A0pm, Steve Young <syoung...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, I got a problem with "References", and I hope someone please help > me. Here is my problem:...

bibliography style
Hi. The Am. J. Phys. requires references (a) to include the paper titles and (b) "For literature citations, and explanatory annotations use superscripted numbers (e.g.," 3 ")." Could you please help to choose the appropriate style file (and package) I tried adding overcite package in SWP5, but the compilation did not go through. (I am using SWP and/or miktex, if it matters) Thanks. Michael ...

References and bibliography?
Hi, Having a references page is really easy, and it's also really easy to create a bibliography that mentions all the other work that you haven't directly quoted (i.e. through \nocite{*}), but is it possible to have both these sections in the same document? So I would have a reference section with all my cited sources listed, followed by a bibliography containing all the sources that I used even if I didn't directly quote them in the body of the text? -- Dylan Parry http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references 'I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long ...

bibliography in each chapter
I want to include a bibliography within each chapter of my dissertation. Each bibliography would include only those references from its own chapter. I am using bibtex. I tried including bibliography{bibfile} at the end of the chapter, but the result was the entire bibliography just placed within the chapter. I could compile each chapter separately, create the .bbl file, cut and paste it to its chapter, then reassign duplicated references. But it seems like there should be a simpler way to do it. Any suggestions? "John Richard Zimmerman" <johnz@stanford.edu> wrote: > I...

Bibliography of URLs
Hello, I am writing a book where I want to cite urls. Is there a way to make up a symbolic name for a url and cite it via the symbolic name? The standard entry types for a bibliography (from Kopka and Daly) do not list a url type. Many thanks, Joe Once in a newsgroup, Joe Hesse said: > Hello, > > I am writing a book where I want to cite urls. Is there a way to make up a > symbolic name for a url and cite it via the symbolic name? > > The standard entry types for a bibliography (from Kopka and Daly) do not > list a url type. You might be looking for urlbst (htt...

sciposter + grid
Hi, Iam preparing poster using sciposter class to make nice-looking header. Rest of the content I format using pstricks command thanks to template found here: http://andreas.welcomes-you.com/projects/a0poster/ However I dont know how to draw grid for the content area right below the header. \pssgrid command does not give me any result. Note that I use pdflatex + pst-pdf package, because in normal latex+dvips+ps2pdf header went always on bottom of the page. Any hints? Sebastian I forgot minimal example: \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article} \usepackage{polski} \usepackage[margin=2cm]{geome...

Bibliography as subsection
Greetings. In LaTeX's article class, the heading for a document's bibliography appears as an unnumbered section. Is there any way to change this behaviour so that it appears the same way an unnumbered subsection does? Or perhaps to suppress the heading altogether so that I can use my own \subsection* command? Thanks in advance! Regards, Tristan -- _ _V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] >< Space is limited / |`-' -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <> In a haiku, so it's hard (7_\\ http://www.nothingisreal.com/ >< To finish what you On Mon,...

Bibliography output
Hi all, I have a question regarding bibliography output, how to set the hanging indent of any author year bibliography output, which is the parameter x given in the following example. Author (Year). Title. Blak... <- x - >Blak... <- x - >Blak... Thanks in advance. Simon wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a question regarding bibliography output, how to set the > hanging indent of any author year bibliography output, which is the > parameter x given in the following example. > > Author (Year). Title. Blak... > <- x - >Blak... > <- x - >Blak... ...

a tabular bibliography
Dear all, having already made two post about this issue, I still haven't managed to progress apreciably. Here's my problem: I want to create a tabular bibliography in my document, and would like to use BibTeX with it. Here's the format: ---------------------------------------- RD 1 | Title | Author | Date | Sth else| ---------------------------------------- RD 2 | Title | Author .... and my .bib files are quite standard. So, I set about making modifications to {thebibliography} and \bibitem, \biblabel and so on, as suggested by friendly posters. But so far, no useful outcome. ...

double bibliography
Hi, I would need to pone two bibliographies, one with legislative references (maybe grouped by the country) and the other with usual literature, in my thesis. I am using Bibtex. What is the best way for doing that? I would like to use a autor-year style for the usual reference and a number style for the legislative references. Is it recommendable to mix the two styles. Which package would you suggest? Natbib and chapeterbib, or Natbib and multibib? Any suggestion is welcome. -- ziozioziosamurai On Nov 18, 4:39=A0pm, ziozioziosamurai <ima...@libero.it> wrote: > Hi, > I w...

no numbering in bibliography
Hi, \begin{thebibliography}{99} \bibitem{ecp} Apt, Krzysztof. (2005). \emph{Explaining Constraint Programming}. \underline{http://arxiv.org/abs/cs.PL/0602027}. \bibitem{cpabbs} Bart\'ak, Roman. (2005). \emph{Constraint Propagation and Backtracking-Based Search: A Brief Introduction to Mainstream Techniques of Constraint Satisfaction}. \underline{http://ktiml.mff.cuni.cz/~bartak/constraints/}. ...... \end{thebibliography} I have this: [1] Apt, Krzy....blabla [2] Bart.... blablabla I want this: Apt, Krzy....blabla Bart.... blablabla I don't want label and enumeration for my bibit...

multiple bibliographies HOW?
I want to put two bibliographies at different places in my document WITHOUT using bibtex. The citations should be inside the .tex document just like in \start{thebibliography} environment. e.g. text \cite{A1} ........... text \cite{A2} ............ [A1] author "title" journal [A2] author "title" journal text \cite{A1} and \cite{B2} ....... text [B1] author "title" journal [B2] author "title" journal Does anyone know HOW????? Ajmal wrote: > I want to put two bibliographies at different places in my > document WITHOUT using bibtex. The cit...

bibliography and ISBN
Is there a *.bst file that includes the ISBN as a field? In today's world this is very useful if not essential ordering information about any book. Or should I just use another field such as "note"? John Culleton On Apr 18, 9:10=A0am, wexfordpress <j...@wexfordpress.com> wrote: > Is there a *.bst file that includes the ISBN as a field? In today's > world this is very useful if not essential ordering information about > any book. =A0Or should I just use another field such as "note"? > > John Culleton I should have said "widel...