siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available

This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
which is defined as

\NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
   \IfNoValueTF{#1}
     {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
     {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
}

causes these errors:
LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available
(Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32.

Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac (
from xfrac) or siunitx?
0
matthias79 (29)

Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech:

> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
> which is defined as
>
> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>    \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>      {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>      {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
> }
>
> causes these errors:
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available
> (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32.

A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation
message.

> Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac (
> from xfrac) or siunitx?

\RequirePackage{fix-cm} (at best before \documentclass).
--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Am 29.04.2011 17:23, schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech:
>
>> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
>> which is defined as
>>
>> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>>     \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>>       {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>>       {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
>> }
>>
>> causes these errors:
>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size<3.1492>  not available
>> (Font) size<5>  substituted on input line 32.
>
> A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation
> message.

Sure, but in my document I am using different fonts and wonder why cmm
in OML is used at all?
0
matthias79 (29)
4/29/2011 3:37:38 PM
Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:37:38 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech:

>>> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
>>> which is defined as

>>> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>>>     \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>>>       {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>>>       {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
>>> }

>>> causes these errors:
>>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size<3.1492>  not available
>>> (Font) size<5>  substituted on input line 32.

>> A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation
>> message.

> Sure, but in my document I am using different fonts and wonder why cmm
> in OML is used at all?

Obviously because your document is set up so that this font is used
in this situation. It is quite normal that cmm-fonts are used in
math even if the text font are from other families.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Matthias Pospiech <matthias79@gmx.de> writes:

> >> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size<3.1492>  not available
> >> (Font) size<5>  substituted on input line 32.
> Sure, but in my document I am using different fonts and wonder why cmm in OML
> is used at all?

For \textbullet in itemize lists.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
4/29/2011 6:12:33 PM
On 29/04/2011 16:00, Matthias Pospiech wrote:
> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
> which is defined as
>
> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>   \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>     {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>     {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
> }
>
> causes these errors:
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not
> available
> (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32.
>
> Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac (
> from xfrac) or siunitx?

As others have commented, this is a warning. It's probably the virgule
in the \sfrac.
--
Joseph Wright
0

ClearType: Does Java AWT use its own font or use the OS's font in displaying text field?
Hi folks, I need to display some ClearType text in a static text field of a GUI window using Java AWT. I heard that Java 2D itself currently does not support ClearType sub-pixel technology. I am wondering if AWT can render font using OS's global font setting, for instance, on Windows XP, the ClearType font can be enabled globally, on Linux, it also has sub-pixel rendering technology can can be enabled OS wide. I am wondering if the Java AWT uses OS's font by default? Furthermore, what shall I do if I want to capture the RGB pixel values of the displayed text and save to harddisk? Th...

Using the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]?
Hello -> All, Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]? I am writing a chess program that could really make use of the Chess fonts. However, it seems that these fonts can only be added on somewhat superficially, by changing the font of already generated output. I don't see a way for a function to display them directly, without a human being going into the Font menu. Thanks a10^6, Jason Jason Ebaugh, PhD. Personal communications: ebaughjason@gmail.com Business communications: jason.ebaugh@apisscientific.com Disse...

Re: Using the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]?
I don't know which fonts are chess fonts but have you tried just using them? The following works for me Style["This is a test of various fonts 0123456789", FontFamily -> #, 18] & /@ {"American Typewriter", "Arial", "Papyrus", "Playbill", "Webdings", "Zapf Dingbats"} // Column Bob Hanlon ---- Jason Ebaugh <ebaughjason@gmail.com> wrote: ============= Hello -> All, Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]? I am writ...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation LiberationMono-Bold.ttf LiberationSans-Regular.ttf LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf LiberationMono-Italic.ttf LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationMono-Regular.ttf LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf LiberationSans-Bold.ttf LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf fonts.dir LiberationSans-Italic.ttf fonts.scale But when I try setting GDFONTPATH, it still gets the same error: rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font Rich Cook wrote: > H...

font to use in another font
I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks. -John John Baima In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>, John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote: > I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the > characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English > glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out the...

Re: Using the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]? #2
Hi, could be as simple as: Style["Hello World", FontFamily -> "WingDings"] The help entry for Style is swamped with examples... Regards, Yves Am 01.11.2010 11:00, schrieb Jason Ebaugh: > Hello -> All, > > Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part > of Style[]? > > I am writing a chess program that could really make use of the Chess fonts. > However, it seems that these fonts can only be added on somewhat > superficially, by changing the font of already generated output. I don't ...

Combining Math Fonts with Text Fonts
Dear all, I have two questions. 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what properties a math font should have if you want tp combine it with a given text font? I am aware of Stephan Hartke's ``A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX'' but this ``just'' lists some nice combinations; it doesn't list the guidelines. I'd be much obliged if anybody could provide me with some pointers. 2) I am thinking of buying a font licence for FF Nexus, but I need some advice for a good accompanying math font. Unfortunately, the licence is pretty expensive: it would be a pitty to buy it and then find that there's no nice accompanying math font. One of the main reasons why I'd like to use FF Nexus is because it has a serif, a sans serif, a slab serif, and a typewriter typeface which go very well together. I'm thinking of using the serif for the main text, the sans serif for captions, the slab serif for section titles, and the typewriter for identifiers. (You may find more information about FF Nexus on http://www.martinmajoor.com/4_nexus.html.) Again, I'd be much obliged for suggestions. It would be nice if you could let me know why you think a particular suggestion is nice. Of course, ideally the math font should be free. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Marc van Dongen Le 06/06/2011 06:58, Marc van Dongen a �crit : > Dear all, > > > I have two questions. > > 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what pr...

font editing software for tex fonts?
In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a replacement for the math italic font for use with Times Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font metrics? (I've seen VTeX's TFM Editor, but it only works for fonts in VTeX's IF4 format and I don't think it can be used with virtual fonts.) How about the following alternative? Use a PostScript font editor to create a composite type 1 font, adjust the metrics in that font editor, and then use afm2tfm? I see a couple problems with this approach:...

font installation -- only roman font available
I installed an OT font using autoinst, moved all the .fd and .sty files to the appropriate places, and texhashed (I was guessing about that last bit, but I read that I was supposed to 'update the database' and it looked like I was supposed to use texhash). When I invoke the font family with \usepackage{}, I get the standard Roman type, but not italics or small caps. I haven't tried any other fancy stuff, so I don't know whether old-style figures or swashes, e.g., are available. Where should I look for the problem? and what should I try when I find it? Thanks in advance -- ...

Using Beamer's font even when siunitx and formulae are used

"Font not available" error. How do I get the font??
Hi All, I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the alternative to replace the original fonts with some others. However, in the above described situation, how can I get this or that font? Specially when it tells me the "font family so and so" is not available? TIA, jbr On Jun 20, 2006, BigBen wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that > some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the > altern...

What Does TeX Use Raw Fonts For?
I've searched for the past several days for the fundamental, no-frills answer to this question and I cannot find one. From what I gatherr, Postscript Type 1 fonts install raw (recXYZ.tfm) and non-raw (ecXYZ.tfm) tfms into the directory structure. Why does TeX need two such files for one font? Note that for the time being, I'd like to limit the scope of my questtion to TeX and the tfm's it requires, i.e., no talk of pfb's or afm's should occur here. -- % Randy Yates % "Remember the good old 1980's, when %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % thing...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings for the characters that appear in those orthographies and not in the various western/Roman alphabets (English, French, etc.). -- AF "Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team." --artyw raises the bar on rec.sport.baseball Alice Faber wrote: > You've enabled something about Central European input German and Arabic, to be precise. Not exactly Central Europe... > The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings > for the characters that appear in those orthographies I thought with the upcoming of Unicode there's one and only one font for "all" script systems? So what's the deal? I've noticed that the fonts concerned are all of the type ".dfont" and they appear twice only in programs that have a "traditional" font menue. Stefan In article <bp8qd3$6up$1@ne...

FONTS ? (name of default font using gplot cgmof97L ?)
Does anyone know the name of the default font please when using gplot with cgmof97L ? The default font only seems to be usable with single letter upper case characters. I can use other fonts such as zapf, or swiss or complex or simplex but it would be very helpful to know just which the default font is. The trouble is that the default font comes out best on my output, but for some tests I need more characters and so have to use another font for those and the difference between them is a bit problematic. If I knew the name of the default font I might be able to get a workaround. Thanks ...

How to use my own font names (i.e. a creating font aliases?)
I would like to be able to specific the fonts with my own name, as right now I have to specify ua1r8r for Arial: \font\arial10=ua1r8r at 10pt Instead, I want to be able to write: \font\arial10=arial at 10pt Can I change the font name to do that? Thanks! - Mark Mark London <mrl@psfc.mit.edu> wrote: : I would like to be able to specific the fonts with my own name, as right now I : have to specify ua1r8r for Arial: : \font\arial10=ua1r8r at 10pt : Instead, I want to be able to write: : \font\arial10=arial at 10pt : Can I change the font name to do that? Thanks! - Mark Well, th...

Fonts, Titles, SAS/Graph: Demo of available fonts?
Hi All, Does anybody know of any way to sample the fonts available on my machine and generate example outputs of each font programatically? I want to choose a decent font for display of titles on my gplots, but am having a hard time figuring out what fonts are available to me and what they look like. Thanks, Matt matt.pettis@THOMSON.COM wrote: > >Hi All, > >Does anybody know of any way to sample the fonts available on my machine >and >generate example outputs of each font programatically? I want to choose a >decent font for display of titles on my gplots, but am havin...

Q.: Only one font in use, but 100 fonts embedded ... ?
The Subject line gives it in a nutshell -- my question(s) is (are) why? (and how to fix?) We've got a PDF containing the fully laid out, formatted pages of a book that uses one font (T.N.R.) in normal, bold, and italic, in several point-sizes. This PDF's Properties sheet shows about a hundred randomly-alphanumerically-named Type 1 embedded fonts. Why should that be? And is there anything we can do to reduce that number? The PDF is produced by Acrobat Distiller (v. 4.05) from a PS file itself obtained by printing a MS Word .DOC file to a PostScript printer "on FILE", wit...

How to use TrueType fonts with TeX
I've been asked to use some TrueType fonts with TeX. Ability to do math typesetting with these fonts might or might not be an issue. I did a search for 'TrueType' in the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=TrueType Nothing there helped me with this problem. A google search for TrueType and TeX: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=TrueType+TeX revealed Damir Rkityansky's page: http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm which is very helpful. I also found Harald Harders article: http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/info/TrueType/ ...

X11: how to find out whether font uses font-specific encoding?
Hi, I need to find out under X11 whether a given font (I have it's file path, too) uses font-specific encoding or not (standard encoding). "Symbol" fonts such as Webdings, Symbol or Dingbats use font-specific encoding. (I need this to know because when exporting to PDF I need to set "winansi" or "builtin" as parameter to the corresponding function). I found out about *.afm files which contain a line such as EncodingScheme FontSpecific which would indicate a "symbol" font. The problem is that on my Linux box all *.afm files which belong to the...

physical font specified but true type font file not available
Hello I am specifying a physical font (new Font("TimesRoman", ...)), but the physical font file TimesRoman.ttf is not available on my platform (Solaris 8). What font(file) does the Java Runtime select or access? Michael On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:01:17 +0200, Michael Glavitsch <michael.glavitsch@switzerland.org> wrote or quoted : >I am specifying a physical font (new Font("TimesRoman", ...)), but the >physical font >file TimesRoman.ttf is not available on my platform (Solaris 8). What >font(file) does >the Java Runtime select or access? It might be nu...

What Font is used as the default LabView System and Dialog Font on a windows?
What font is used as the default LabView System and Dialog font on a Windows system? Can I use the default system and dialog font in another software (i.e; Win word or Illustrator etc.) For Windows XP, the font is Tahoma. I don't know if Windows has a method for changing this (I thought it would be in the display settings, but couldn't find it). Maybe in the registry? For more details, see <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/99D21982A9F954E186256A5B0057919E" target="_blank">here</a>. ...

Re: FONTS ? (name of default font using gplot cgmof97L ?)
radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM sagely replied: >Not sure of the default, but you can specify your default using > goptions ftext="{true-type-font-name}", or > goptions ftext={SAS-font-name} > >CGMOF97L is also graphics device with 'hardware' fonts. You should be able >to specify which one you want by using > goptions CHARTYPE={chartype-#}, or > HWCGM### in font specifications (e.g. title f=HWCGM006 "This text >should >be rendered Times Roman Bold") > >Use SAS Explorer to view SASHELP.DEVICES.CGMOF97L. It should show >...

scavenging bitmap fonts for use in TeX
I am reading, line by line, the postscript code in an eps file, in the hope of being able to use the bitmap fonts in it. I think I will succeed in doing so, at least as far as using the fonts in postscript. However, I would also like to be able to make these fonts available for use with Plain TeX, having no information about them except the definitions in the eps file. There is probably a way to do this. If you know what it is, please let me know. There is a proliferation of different kinds of fonts one can use with TeX, such as virtual fonts and other stuff I'm not sure I've even e...

Web resources about - siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available - comp.text.tex

Ben Carson Reportedly Endorsing Donald Trump Tomorrow Morning
Ben Carson is apparently climbing aboard the Trump train. The ex-presidential candidate for the GOP who ended his campaign last week will reportedly ...

Apple calls DOJ's most recent response to San Bernardino case 'a cheap shot'
Tensions between Apple and the FBI flared up Thursday after the U.S. Department of Justice filed its response in the San Bernardino iPhone case. ...

Now that Google's artificial brain is conquering Go, this classic computer game from 1998 could be next ...
Google's DeepMind just won its second of five games of the classic board game Go against a top-ranked world champion — a feat that impressed ...

Sept. 11 Families Seek to Restore Saudi Arabia as Defendant
Lawyers for families of Sept. 11 terrorist-attacks victims have asked a New York federal appeals court to restore Saudi Arabia as a defendant ...

Coy Wesbrook: Texas Executes Man For 1997 Shooting Rampage That Killed 5
Texas has executed Coy Wesbrook, a man who spent 17 years on death row, for a 1997 shooting rampage that left five people dead including his ...

Jessica Chaffin & Diana Maria Riva Join CBS’ Matt LeBlanc Comedy Pilot
Jessica Chaffin ( Spy ) and Telenovela ‘s Diana Maria Riva have been cast opposite Matt LeBlanc in CBS ' untitled LeBlanc/Filgos comedy pilot ...

FCC proposes stricter privacy rules for Internet service providers
The new rules would ensure your broadband or wireless service provider couldn't share your personal data with marketers without permission.

Higher stock prices, home values lift US household wealth
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans' household wealth jumped in the final three months of last year, pushed higher by rising stock prices and greater ...

Remains of the Day: Opera Browser Gets Built-In Ad Blocker
Opera’s desktop browser is going full-hog in the ad-block game by incorporating their own blocker, no third party apps necessary. And Apple finally ...

LGBT ‘Star Wars’ Characters: A Brief History
A lot has changed in the last few years when it comes to LGBT “Star Wars” characters. For the longest time there were almost none. Now we’ve ...