siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available

This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
which is defined as

\NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
   \IfNoValueTF{#1}
     {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
     {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
}

causes these errors:
LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available
(Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32.

Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac (
from xfrac) or siunitx?
0
matthias79 (29)

Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech:

> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
> which is defined as
>
> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>    \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>      {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>      {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
> }
>
> causes these errors:
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available
> (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32.

A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation
message.

> Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac (
> from xfrac) or siunitx?

\RequirePackage{fix-cm} (at best before \documentclass).
--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Am 29.04.2011 17:23, schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech:
>
>> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
>> which is defined as
>>
>> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>>     \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>>       {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>>       {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
>> }
>>
>> causes these errors:
>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size<3.1492>  not available
>> (Font) size<5>  substituted on input line 32.
>
> A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation
> message.

Sure, but in my document I am using different fonts and wonder why cmm
in OML is used at all?
0
matthias79 (29)
4/29/2011 3:37:38 PM
Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:37:38 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech:

>>> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
>>> which is defined as

>>> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>>>     \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>>>       {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>>>       {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
>>> }

>>> causes these errors:
>>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size<3.1492>  not available
>>> (Font) size<5>  substituted on input line 32.

>> A warning is not an error. That's rather normal substituation
>> message.

> Sure, but in my document I am using different fonts and wonder why cmm
> in OML is used at all?

Obviously because your document is set up so that this font is used
in this situation. It is quite normal that cmm-fonts are used in
math even if the text font are from other families.

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
Matthias Pospiech <matthias79@gmx.de> writes:

> >> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size<3.1492>  not available
> >> (Font) size<5>  substituted on input line 32.
> Sure, but in my document I am using different fonts and wonder why cmm in OML
> is used at all?

For \textbullet in itemize lists.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
4/29/2011 6:12:33 PM
On 29/04/2011 16:00, Matthias Pospiech wrote:
> This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac
> which is defined as
>
> \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{%
>   \IfNoValueTF{#1}
>     {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}
>     {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}%
> }
>
> causes these errors:
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not
> available
> (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32.
>
> Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac (
> from xfrac) or siunitx?

As others have commented, this is a warning. It's probably the virgule
in the \sfrac.
--
Joseph Wright
0

Web resources about - siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available - comp.text.tex

Ben Carson Reportedly Endorsing Donald Trump Tomorrow Morning
Ben Carson is apparently climbing aboard the Trump train. The ex-presidential candidate for the GOP who ended his campaign last week will reportedly ...

Apple calls DOJ's most recent response to San Bernardino case 'a cheap shot'
Tensions between Apple and the FBI flared up Thursday after the U.S. Department of Justice filed its response in the San Bernardino iPhone case. ...

Now that Google's artificial brain is conquering Go, this classic computer game from 1998 could be next ...
Google's DeepMind just won its second of five games of the classic board game Go against a top-ranked world champion — a feat that impressed ...

Sept. 11 Families Seek to Restore Saudi Arabia as Defendant
Lawyers for families of Sept. 11 terrorist-attacks victims have asked a New York federal appeals court to restore Saudi Arabia as a defendant ...

Coy Wesbrook: Texas Executes Man For 1997 Shooting Rampage That Killed 5
Texas has executed Coy Wesbrook, a man who spent 17 years on death row, for a 1997 shooting rampage that left five people dead including his ...

Jessica Chaffin & Diana Maria Riva Join CBS’ Matt LeBlanc Comedy Pilot
Jessica Chaffin ( Spy ) and Telenovela ‘s Diana Maria Riva have been cast opposite Matt LeBlanc in CBS ' untitled LeBlanc/Filgos comedy pilot ...

FCC proposes stricter privacy rules for Internet service providers
The new rules would ensure your broadband or wireless service provider couldn't share your personal data with marketers without permission.

Higher stock prices, home values lift US household wealth
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans' household wealth jumped in the final three months of last year, pushed higher by rising stock prices and greater ...

Remains of the Day: Opera Browser Gets Built-In Ad Blocker
Opera’s desktop browser is going full-hog in the ad-block game by incorporating their own blocker, no third party apps necessary. And Apple finally ...

LGBT ‘Star Wars’ Characters: A Brief History
A lot has changed in the last few years when it comes to LGBT “Star Wars” characters. For the longest time there were almost none. Now we’ve ...