Surrounding text with text

I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text
like so:

+--------------+
|ABCDEFGHIJKLM |
|H            N|
|A  Main Body O|
|L  Text goes P|
|B  here      Q|
|-=+_ZYXWVUTSR |
|              |
|              |
|              |
|              |
+--------------+

This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just
move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a
{better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX.

-FreeSmith
0
meno15 (2)

ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>...
> Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or
> posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try
> searching for his name and that word in google.
>
> It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong'
> which puts text along an arbitrary path.

Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job
I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to
make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing
(from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the
code (don't laugh):

CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH
---SNIP---

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno}
\usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry}
\usepackage{soul}
\begin{document}
\thispagestyle{empty}
\setlength{\parindent}{0pt}

\begin{center}
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(20,20)%
\psset{linestyle=none}
\it\Huge
\sodef\an{}{.0000047em}{.276em}{.0714em}
\pstextpath[c]{\psline(1,17)(19.5,17)}%
{\resizebox{!}{.35in}{The angels shall dance between you,}}
\pstextpath[c]{\psline(1,15.5)(16.5,15.5)}%
{\resizebox{!}{.35in}{and they will rejoice in}}
\pstextpath[c]{\psline(1,14)(19,14)}%
{\resizebox{!}{.35in}{the dance of life you do together.}}
\pstextpath[r]%
%{\pscurve(2,-1)(20,-1)(20,-16)(1,-16)(1,-2)}
{\psline[linearc=1.2](1,19)(20,19)(20,12)(0,12)(0,18.5)(1,19)}
{\normalsize{\an{ the bride is carrying a rosary her grandmother
brought back from a trip to the
Vatican for something \textbf{old} for something \textbf{new} the
bride  chose a
strapless Peau de Soie ball gown in ivory a good friend lent the bride
handmade lace and satin garter so she'd have something
\textbf{barrowed} and
to complete tradition a sapphire nose ring adorns the bride as
something
\textbf{blue}}}}%\mbox{}\hspace{\stretch{10}}\mbox{}}
%\end{minipage}
%\end{center}
\end{pspicture}
\end{center}
\end{document}

---SNIP---

Thanks all for your tips!!!

Happy TeXing!,
-Freesmith
0
meno15 (2)

text-text

text + text

Pages

text 2 text

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Text IN an Image To Straight Text?
Hi. (I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm trying a few newsgroups) I have some .jpg's of text documents. Is there a utility which will work like OCR in a scanner, helping to convert the text WITHIN the image to straight text? I don't have a printer working at the moment, or I'd print the .jpg's and then scan them using OCR. (The format doesn't necessarily have to be .jpg) Thanks in advance for any help GP Yes, if the image is not to bad a pic (not much noise and all that). Try http://www.twocows.com/windows.html I know they have a couple of ocr programs s...

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

text file not mac text
please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. I remember 'forked files' but no details...... Is there a II utilty to 'convert' a mac text file to acceptable II ascii text? thanks. cornelio <cornelio@san.rr.com> wrote: > please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII > text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. > I remember 'forked files' but no details...... > > Is there a II utilty to '...

rich text in text field

Text Color in Copied Text
I use Mathematica for all my class notes, and occasionally copy things from code editors that use color to highlight different constructs. In an earlier version (probably 5.2) the color highlighting copied over when I pasted it into a Text cell, but now this doesn't happen - all b/w. I don't see any way around this. Any ideas? Thanks, Kevin ...

Overloading || ( text,text ) operator
Hi, I was trying to overload concat operator ||(text,text) such a way that it behaves like Oracle. i.e. I want 'abc' || null to return 'abc' instead of null. I know that it is not the expected behaviour in postgres, but since I am migrating the database from oracle to postgres , I need this behaviour. But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following error ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by the database system Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. Hence I cannot overload || (var...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me...

\pubid text overlaps with text
Hello, While using the IEEEtrans file, I put the \pubid{0000--0000/00\$00.00~\copyright~2005} before the \maketitle as directed. However, the body of the text over laps with the pubid text. What I am doing wrong? Thanks. ...

Flowing text around text
Hi all, Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed piece of text with colored background? Something like: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text except that I am unable to represent colored background in ASCII. :-) Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then use some package such as wrapfig to...

text in a widget, text-widget
hello i have an application with a couple of text widgets but i would like to add some functionalities that at first and second sight are not directly supported by the plain text widget itself - ? for example i would like certain lines of text within the textwidget to take different background colors according to certain parameters also i would like to be able to detect certain sentences or words that would become 'links' and by clicking them i would open up different windows any suggestions to solutions and widgets for the above problems ? - i probably could...

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)
Dear Sir, I have a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to text ( Ansi ) by command Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp ...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Text in images to a text file
Hello, Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up on a web site but as text. Darren <bobblebob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151612491.407262.124690@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com > Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in > images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend > to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up > on a web site but as text....

Text disappearing from text fields...
Hello, I'm currently working with a MySQL backend and is trying to use FileMaker 9's Web Form capabilities as a front end. From FileMaker Pro's interface, I have used the ODBC to connect my FileMaker database to my MySQL tables. The schema and existing data records loads into FileMaker without a problem. However, when I'm trying to insert text (VARCHAR and TEXT) data from FileMaker, it blanks out and ends up only inserting a blank into MySQL. Default values set on the MySQL side only take effect if I left that field blank on FileMaker when I create a new record. Default field...

Web resources about - Surrounding text with text - comp.text.tex

Controversies surrounding Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Criticism of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad became rampant after his election victory on June 29, 2005. These include charges that he ...

Street Crime Map UK - Know your area, surrounding and be safe in UK on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Street Crime Map UK - Know your area, surrounding and be safe in ...

Surrounding Game Trailer - YouTube
HELP US MAKE THIS FILM POSSIBLE at KICKSTARTER.COM A documentary film on the game of Go - www.surroundinggamemovie.com Coming mid-late 2013! ...

Organisations need policies surrounding BYOD: Protiviti
With more employees bringing in their own devices including smartphones and tablets to work, businesses need to put in place policies and procedures ...

The secrecy surrounding the Trans-Pacific Partnership has community groups and businesses concerned
Businesses are supposedly major beneficiaries of international trade agreements, so why are they unenthusiastic about the Trans-Pacific Partnership? ...

Campaign to end the stigma surrounding post-traumatic stress disorder
A campaign has been launched to end the stigma of PTSD and promote awareness of the disorder. A campaign to end the stigma surrounding post-traumatic ...

$20 trillion shale oil find surrounding Coober Pedy 'can fuel Australia'
SOUTH Australia is sitting on oil potentially worth more than $20 trillion, independent reports claim - enough to turn Australia into a self-sufficient ...

Timeline of key events in the scandal surrounding David Petraeus
US lawmakers are demanding to know who knew what when about the investigation that led to the resignation of CIA director David Petraeus after ...

Canberra shares confident, bold, ready brand with surrounding NSW region
Canberra's confident, bold and ready tagline will be shared with southern New South Wales in a campaign linking the nation's capital with its ...

The dog-eat-dog show world sullies the aura surrounding canine supremacy
In modern times, Crufts has not been without controversy but this year someone has taken nefarious practices to a new level, Joe Shute assesses ...