Table.TeX in Plain TeX

Dear all

Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in
Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX".

Can any one supply this or give any ideas of where it can be found.

Thanks and Regards
Saravanan,M.
India

 Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in (Saravanan,M.) writes:
>Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in
>Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX".

i suspect you may be thinking of tables.tex (plural tables).  that is
available on ctan, together with some documentation:

1992/08/27 |      27040 | macros/plain/contrib/tabledoc.tex
1992/08/27 |      12539 | macros/plain/contrib/tables.tex
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>  Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in (Saravanan,M.) writes:
> >Normally we use the "Table.TeX" for aligning and formatting Tables in
> >Plain TeX. Unfortunately I don't have the "Table.TeX".

What macros are used in your documents?

> i suspect you may be thinking of tables.tex (plural tables).  that is
> available on ctan, together with some documentation:
>
> 1992/08/27 |      27040 | macros/plain/contrib/tabledoc.tex
> 1992/08/27 |      12539 | macros/plain/contrib/tables.tex

Or maybe Michael Wichura's ca 1988 TaBlE package, which is commercial and
can be obtained from http://www.pctex.com/ and others.  This is
the package used by ConTeXt.  In Plain TeX you would see things
like:

\BeginTable
[...]
  \BeginFormat
  [...]
  \EndFormat
  [...]
\EndTable

For Ray Cowan's ca 1985 tables.tex you see something like:

\begintable
[...]
\endtable

--
George N. White III  <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

Many thanks to U.

I used the below code:
 \BeginTable
 [...]
   \BeginFormat
   [...]
   \EndFormat
   [...]
 \EndTable

Thanks and Regards
Saravanan,M.
India

Old version of plain.tex and hyphen.tex
Hello All, I am trying to recreate an old version of our software that assumes an old version of Knuth's plain.tex (together with the version of hyphen.tex that accompanied it). I have searched the Internet for plain.tex Version 3.1415926 (together with hyphen.tex) with no success. Does anyone have a copy of these two files that they could email back to me? With great appreciation in advance! Brian O'Toole On Jul 2, 5:01 pm, "Brian O'Toole" <boto...@mathworks.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to recreate an old version of our software that assumes an old > version of Knuth's plain.tex (together with the version of hyphen.tex that > accompanied it). I have searched the Internet for plain.tex Version > 3.1415926 (together with hyphen.tex) with no success. Does anyone have a > copy of these two files that they could email back to me? > > With great appreciation in advance! > Brian O'Toole TeXLive 7 (2002) has that version. If you can't get a copy of that CD, email me and I can send you the necessary files. Dan ...

TeX programming for XML TeX
Dear TeX programmers, Kindly guide me how to develop the XML TeX work flow. Regards, Ganesh On 04/07/11 06:20, Ganesh Loganathan wrote: > Dear TeX programmers, > > Kindly guide me how to develop the XML TeX work flow. You have asked this several times. Have you done any work on finding out what to do? Do you mean XMLTeX (the program) or "XML and TeX" as a generic platform? Transforming XML to LaTeX requires learning a transformation scripting language such as XSLT. This should be your first task. The workflow looks something like this: 1. Author's text (usually in Word OOXML or OpenOffice ODT. but maybe in TEI or DocBook or a house XML schema): a. parse and validate b. (OOXML and ODT only) apply named styles to every object that requires formatting. c. add missing markup where required (editorial task). 2. Write XSLT (or equivalent) for first transformation to your required style in LaTeX (in a production environment, this would mean modifying your internal standard template, not writing it anew). 3. First proof formatted in LaTeX sent to editor and author for correction. 4. Repeat 1-3 as needed. 5. Penultimate proof to designer for corrections to styling. 6. Apply corrections, produce final proof; repeat 5-6 until correct. 7. Add PDF/x metadata and colourspacing if needed. If colour is used, colour correction and scoping will be needed at some stage, but this is a non-XML, non-LaTeX task, so it&#...

TeX
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

TeX
Hi, I am attempting to get emTeX running. Does anyone have recent experience with this software? In particular, will installation of the emx dll included with the package conflict with more recent emx releases? Also, is support for recent printers available anywhere? TIA RWM On 2004-06-16, Robert Murr <rwmurr@pcmagic.net> wrote: > I am attempting to get emTeX running. If you don't have a special reason to install emTeX I would start with VTex. There is a OS/2-Version that's free for personal use. Works very well. http://www.micropress-inc.com > Does anyone have recent experience with this software? > > In particular, will installation of the emx dll included with the > package conflict with more recent emx releases? Allways make shure that you use _only_ the latest emx-runtime (0.9d) > Also, is support for recent printers available anywhere? For recent printers you might use ghostcript via 'uniprint' Franz Franz Bakan wrote: >On 2004-06-16, Robert Murr <rwmurr@pcmagic.net> wrote: > > > >>I am attempting to get emTeX running. >> >> > >If you don't have a special reason to install emTeX >I would start with VTex. There is a OS/2-Version >that's free for personal use. Works very well. > >http://www.micropress-inc.com > > > >>Does anyone have recent experience with this software? >&g...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Docx to TeX and TeX to Doc conversion
Dear TeX Experts, Really I proud of all the Experts. Kindly suggest me in Mik TeX itself any options to convert TeX to Doc conversion with high quality of equations also. I expecting the positive answers from the Great Team. Thanks and Regards, Ganesh Ganesh Loganathan wrote: > Dear TeX Experts, > > Really I proud of all the Experts. > > Kindly suggest me in Mik TeX itself any options to convert TeX to Doc > conversion with high quality of equations also. > > I expecting the positive answers from the Great Team. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fmtconv Hello, Tom Micevski <none@au-e29b6ec0.invalid> wrote: > Ganesh Loganathan wrote: > > Dear TeX Experts, > > > > Really I proud of all the Experts. > > > > Kindly suggest me in Mik TeX itself any options to convert TeX to Doc > > conversion with high quality of equations also. > > > > I expecting the positive answers from the Great Team. > > http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fmtconv Thanks for this reply, but there is a more up to date list at http://tug.org/utilities/texconv/index.html But regarding what the original poster asked for -- "in Mik TeX itself..." -- there is only one solution, i.e.: use MikTeX installer to add the TeX4ht package, then call oolatex to convert LaTeX (not PlainTeX!) to an OpenOffice .sxw file . Open this file in OpenOffice or LibreOffice and save-as Microsoft Word d...

TeX / e-TeX disc groups ???
Hello, I found in eTeX manual that there exists disc groups (type number 10). I really don't see what they are... ;-( Any help ? On 10/21/2010 03:02 AM, GL wrote: > Hello, > > I found in eTeX manual that there exists disc groups (type number 10). These are active for a very short time while scanning the arguments of \discretionary. Best wishes, Taco ...

Plain TeX and long tables
Hi, I was trying to search the net today in order to find some help regarding plain TeX and long tables. Unfortunately, there was hardly somethimg to be found. Some of the clues were to use LaTeX packages... Is there really that no hope for a beginner plain apprentice? If LaTeX packages were to be used, how shall I proceed? Would be gratefull for any help, especially examples, thanks in advance, regards, Maciek demolud2 wrote: > Hi, > > I was trying to search the net today in order to find some help > regarding plain TeX and long tables. > Unfortunately, there was hardly somethimg to be found. Some of the > clues were to use LaTeX packages... > > Is there really that no hope for a beginner plain apprentice? If LaTeX > packages were to be used, how shall > I proceed? Would be gratefull for any help, especially examples, Did you try reading the FAQ? ///Peter >> Hi, >> >> I was trying to search the net today in order to find some help >> regarding plain TeX and long tables. >> Unfortunately, there was hardly somethimg to be found. Some of the >> clues were to use LaTeX packages... >> >> Is there really that no hope for a beginner plain apprentice? If LaTeX >> packages were to be used, how shall >> I proceed? Would be gratefull for any help, especially examples, > > Did you try reading the FAQ? > > ///Peter Yes, I did. I was able to find topic: Tables longer t...

plain TeX
Hello, \def\magnification{\afterassignment\m@g\count@} \def\m@g{\mag\count@ \hsize6.5truein\vsize8.9truein\dimen\footins8truein} But \afterassignment\m@g \mag works well too... ...

Table in TeX
Hi, I'm using Plain TeX and I'm trying to make a table the full width of the page. The tables has three columns. The first two columns contain some text and I want the last (empty) column to stretch the rest of the page length. This is what I currently have: \vbox{ \def\strutA{\vrule height 16pt depth 10pt width 0pt} \offinterlineskip \halign to 6.5in{\strutA \vrule \ \ # \hfil \quad &\vrule \ \ # \hfil \quad &\v \noalign{\hrule} & {\bf Current Info} & {\bf New Info} \cr \noalign{\hrule} {\bf Name} & **NAME** & \cr \noalign{\hrule} }}$$ Note: **NAME** is going to be replaced with different text by a python script. This produces the following output: +------------------+------------------+--------------+------------------------- | | Current Info | New Info | +------------------+------------------+--------------+------------------------- | Name | Ryan + | +------------------+------------------+--------------+------------------------- I want the "New Info" column to stretch to the end of the page instead of just having the hrule's continue on. Any help would be great as I seem to be stumped. -- Thanks, Ryan xxdigitalhellxx@hotmail.com (sik0fewl) writes: > I'm using Plain TeX and I'm trying to make a table the full width of > the page. The tables has three columns. The first two columns contain > some text and I want the last (empty) column t...

Using border.tex on an existing tex document
Hi I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around = a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border = appears but all of my content disappears. Without \borderson the page conte= nt renders as expected (though of course, no border!). I've tried fiddling = with the page dimensions etc but I'm not entirely convinced thats whats cau= sing it. The border.tex macro looks like it should do exactly what I want, = apart from the missing content ;( The original tex content was generated using OpenJade ("openjade" version "= 1.3.2", "OpenSP" version "1.5") to convert from DocBook (v4.5) SGML/DSSSL i= f that makes any difference. The problem we have is DocBook/OpenJade/SGML/D= SSSL doesn't provide a way to wrap an entire page with a border (the best I= can do is wrap the page content in a border meaning headers and footers ge= t their own disjointed borders). I'm processing the tex file using pdfjadetex (pdfTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-= 1.10b, kpathsea version 3.4.5) Thanks in advance :) Ian ikent@companieshouse.gov.uk wrote: > I'm trying to use border.tex from the TeX archive to apply a border around a page (http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/border.html). > > At the moment, as soon as I switch on borders using \borderson, the border appears Except that border.tex % border.tex: Macros...

TeX to PDF to Acrobat (for review) and back to TeX
Hi TeXperts, my current pipeline is: - TeTeX compiler - write documentation with TeX (either with TeXshop or iTeXmac) - get as an output PDF files - with Acrobat professional share those PDF to multiple reviewers (either by mail or www) - every reviewer adds comments or text notes on the PDF using acrobat professional, then sends back review - Acrobat imports all comments form all reviewers automatically into the original PDF What I would like to do is to at this point is to convert back my PDF to TeX without loosing this extra blocks containing comments from reviewers OR alternatively reviewers could directly write into textboxes of acrobat text in TeX syntax, the tool ofcourse must preserve this code when PDF to TeX. Are you aware of any solution, trick, magic, 3rd part tool? regards, p pberto@gmail.com (paolo berto) writes: >[...] >What I would like to do is to at this point is to convert back my PDF >to TeX without loosing this extra blocks containing comments from >reviewers OR alternatively reviewers could directly write into >textboxes of acrobat text in TeX syntax, the tool ofcourse must >preserve this code when PDF to TeX. > >Are you aware of any solution, trick, magic, 3rd part tool? there are various products that claim to convert pdf to word. they seem absolutely pathetic with input from tex. i don't know anything that even pretends to do the same, generating tex output. your best bet is probably to generate plain text and ed...

Tex?
From a mail Aaron Conners sent to the people over at UnofficialTexMurphy.com "Here's a little tidbit of hope you can pass along (I just found this out today): Microsoft no longer owns the rights to Tex Murphy! (This is a good thing.) Also, you can let the faithful know that I'm back in the game design business...officially. I can't yet reveal who I'm working for or what I'm working on, but I've taken a position as a "producer" on a project and am in charge of all the story, art, dialogue, etc. It's not the type of game we'd all p...

Tables in Tex
I have been working on a report in latex.I have to do a table and i tried using the parbox command inside tabular environment,but the result isnt all that great.The alphabets interesect with the table lines at some points,and overall it doesnt look very good i need a table like this ------------------------------------------------------------- blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah repeat say 7-8 times My latex formatting goes like this \begin{tabular} \hline \parbox{4cm}{blah} & \parbox{4.5cm}{blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah } & \parbox{4.5cm}{blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah } \hline .... .... .... \end{tabular} Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this,and what i can do to have a better table? Cheers, Nikhil nikhil <nikhilhitchhiker@gmail.com> writes: >I have been working on a report in latex.I have to do a table and i >tried using the parbox command inside tabular environment,but the >result isnt all that great.The alphabets interesect with the table >lines at some points,and overall it doesnt look very good > >i need a table like this >------------------------------------------------------------- >blah blah blah blah blah blah blah > blah blah blah blah blah blah > blah blah blah blah blah blah > >repeat say 7-8 times > >My latex...

How to generate tex file that includes other tex files?
I have a LaTeX document that I organized by separating sections into independent tex files and grouping them all with calls to \include and \input, but now I need to generate a version of this document that is contained in a single tex file. I've gave some text macro languages a try (the C preprocessor, and M4), but it appears that they require some sort of text mangling and introduce comments on the output file. Does anyone know of a better, or effective, way of generating a single tex document where all calls to \input and \include are replaced with the contents of those files? ...

TeX++ ??
Has anything new happened to Kaspar Peeters' C++ implementation of TeX? The page http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/kp229/tex++/#new apparently has not been updated since 2002. -- Juergen -- Juergen Koslowski If I don't see you no more on this world ITI, TU Braunschweig I'll meet you on the next one koslowj@iti.cs.tu-bs.de and don't be late! http://www.iti.cs.tu-bs.de/~koslowj Jimi Hendrix (Voodoo Child, SR) "J�rgen Koslowski" <koslowj@iti.cs.tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:cl2thc$489$1@rzcomm2.rz.tu-bs.de... > Has anything new happened to Kaspar Peeters' C++ implementation of TeX? > The page http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/kp229/tex++/#new apparently has > not been updated since 2002. I met Kaspar once or twice, when we were both in Cambridge. He wrote about his work that it (see above): > has a number of interesting new features which make it possible to > use TeX as a typesetting engine for a web browser. This can be done with TeX as it is (at least on *nix), by running TeX as a daemon. For more details, see my TeX daemon project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/texd Hope this helps. Jonathan -- Jonathan Fine The Open University, Milton Keynes, England ...

side by side tables in plain TeX? (\halign)
Is it possible to position two \halign tables side by side? (both on the same line) I can't seem to figure it out. On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:24:46 -0800 (PST), Mephistopheles Jones <rrregis@gmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible to position two \halign tables side by side? (both on >the same line) I can't seem to figure it out. In LaTeX you would put them in a minipage. I plain TeX you can do much the same: use \vbox{\halign{}} for each. However, you must arrange for these vboxes to occur in horizontal mode. For example, \line{\vbox{\halign{...}}\hfil\vbox{\halign{...}}\hfil} or \noindent\vbox{\halign{...}}\hfil\vbox{\halign{...}}\par You can also use (instead of \vbox) \vtop{\halign{...}} or $\vcenter{\halign{...}}$. \vbox puts the last line on the baseline, \vtop puts the first line on the baseline, and \vcenter puts the vertical center on the math axis (the level where fraction bars are placed in math). Dan To reply by email, change LookInSig to luecking On Nov 6, 1:24=A0pm, Mephistopheles Jones <rrre...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to position two \halign tables side by side? (both on > the same line) =A0I can't seem to figure it out. I use the table macro from TeXsis. Here is an example of two side by side tables: \input TXSruled.tex .... \line{\ruledtable VENDOR \cr John Culleton \hfill\crnorule 2401 Haight Avenue\hfill\crnorule Eldersburg, MD 21784 \hfill\endruledtable \hfill \ruledtable CUSTOMER\cr Independent...

[tex-live] TeX Live 2011 release available
Karl Berry writes: We've gone ahead with the network release of TeX Live 2011 (as some people have already noticed :). It is now or will be soon available from CTAN sites (http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive). As with last year, we recommend doing a network install in one way or another instead of downloading the large (2+gb) .iso -- see http://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html for a discussion of the various alternatives. Package updates will restart in another day or two. If anyone notices stale or missing information on the TL web pages, or problems with the release, please report as usual. MacTeX 2011 (http://tug.org/mactex) and proTeXt 3.0 for 2011 (http://tug.org/protext) have also been released and are available from CTAN. The TeX Collection DVD with all the above will be released as soon as possible; hopefully, it will go out in August. Happy TeXing, Karl On 2011-07-22 08:54:08 +0200, CTAN Announcements said: > Karl Berry writes: > > We've gone ahead with the network release of TeX Live 2011 (as some > people have already noticed :). It is now or will be soon available > from CTAN sites (http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive). As with last > year, we recommend doing a network install in one way or another instead > of downloading the large (2+gb) .iso -- see > http://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html for a discussion of the various > alternatives. > > Package updates will restart in another day or two. > > If any...

supp-pdf.tex or supp-mis.tex bug?
I'v run into two possible bugs in the macros for including metapost graphics in pdflatex (or pdftex). I am not able to determine where the problem lies, but one bug appears only when using recent versions of supp-pdf.tex and supp-mis.tex (from ConTeXt beta). The other bug appears in the beta as well as in the the current official versions and recent past versions. Here is the .mp file that triggers the bugs. The bugs occur only in the second figure, which does nothing but reflect the first figure in vertical midline: %%%%%%%% rdbend.mp %%%%%%%% u:=20/36pt; hheight:=250/36pt; border:=20/36pt; rulethickness:=.4pt; baselinedistance:=11pt; w := 25u; h := hheight+border; d := 0; beginfig(1); "Dangerous bend picture"; pickup pencircle scaled rulethickness; top y1=25/27h; lft x4=0; x1+x1=x1a+x1b=x4b+x2a=x4+x2=x4a+x2b=x3b+x3a=x3+x3=w; x4a=x4b=x4+u; x3b=x1a=x1-2u; y4+y4=y4a+y4b=y3b+y1a=y3+y1=y3a+y1b=y2b+y2a=y2+y2=0; y1a=y1b=y1-2/27h; y4b=y2a=y4+4/27h; draw z1a..z1..z1b---z2a..z2..z2b--- z3a..z3..z3b---z4a..z4..z4b---cycle; % signboard x10=x11=x12=x13=(.5w-u); x14=x15=x16=x17=w-x10; y10=y14=28/27h+epsilon; bot y13=-baselinedistance; z11=(z10..z13) intersectionpoint (z1a{z1a-z4b}..z1{right}); y15=y11; y16=y12=-y11; y17=y20=y21=y13; draw z11--z10--z14--z15; % draw z12--z13; draw z16--z17; % signpost picture dbend; dbend:=currentpicture; endfig; beginfig(2) % reversed currentpicture:=dbend reflectedabout((.5w,0),(.5w,h)); endfig; end. %%%%%%%% end of rdbend.mp %...

Plain TeX macros for text-flowing-around-figures
Are there any public domain macros to do the title task? More specifically: texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext | Figure box | texttexttexttext | inserted by | texttexttexttext | \BoxedEPSF{ ...} | texttexttexttext | | texttexttexttext ----------------------- texttexttexttext label texttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext I wrote my own macros to do this, but they involve fiddling with several dimens and picking the insertion spot. Also possible interaction with footnotes, wide eqs, ejects, etc, often requires intervention. Coulnt find anything pertinent in eplain. Note: I am not interested in LaTeX. Thanks for any pointers. carlos@colorado.edu (Carlos Felippa) wrote: [See subject] > Note: I am not interested in LaTeX. There are several LaTeX packages (see FAQ) that solve your problem. You can look at them and reimplement the technique used there in plain-TeX. Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> Carlos Felippa wrote: > I wrote my own macros to do this, but they invol...

Plain TeX macro: figflow -- flow text around a figure
recently, in response to a post on comp.text.tex, Ian Hutchinson posted a short piece of code to do this job. the abstract i've written for the catalogue says Provides a Plain TeX macro \figflow that allows one to insert a figure into an area inset into a paragraph. Command arguments are width and height of the figure, and the figure (and its caption) itself. (Does not work with LaTeX.) i asked (and was given) permission to put the file on ctan, and have installed it on ctan in directory macros/plain/contrib/figflow Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team ...

a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX?
Does anyone know of a good TeX parser for use by software that needs to read TeX? In particular, has anyone used the perl Text::TeX parser, http://search.cpan.org/~ilyaz/etext.1.6.3/eText/utils/Text/TeX.pm ? I have a 1500-page set of latex documents that I want to be able to generate html versions of, and the latex->html converters I've been able to find don't seem flexible enough, so I'm planning to write my own code in perl. Having a good parser already written for me would be a big help. However, my initial attempts to use Text::Tex have left me in some doubt as to whether it actually works. On the other hand, it may just be that I'm not using it correctly -- the documentation is pretty terse, and I may just be misunderstanding things. The version number is 0.01, which makes me wonder whether it's really just a project that was never completed successfully. Here's some sample input: -------------- This \it is a test. This is a new paragraph. -------------- The result seems to be that the parser sees the whole thing as one paragraph rather than two, and replaces the \it with the word "it," rather than parsing it correctly as a separate token. Has anybody successfully used Text::TeX? Or can anyone recommend any other TeX parser that has worked well for them? TIA! Hm, here's another perl parser for TeX: http://br.endernet.org/~akrowne/elaine/latex_tom/ Has anyone used it? Ben Crowell wrote: > Does anyone know of a good TeX p...

compiling entire tex projects vs standalone tex files
I found this nice reference on the internet which describes the solution quite nicely: http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2006-May/010485.html However, the problem I have with this solution is that since my project source tex files are arranged in various subfolders, it requires a copy of header.tex and footer.tex in every folder there's a tex file. Let me explain in a little bit detail what i mean. Suppose I have a master.tex file which would compile and output the entire project. This file is in the root of my tex source file hierarchy. Now if I have files header.tex and footer.tex in the root I could just add \input{header} as the first line in master.tex and \input{footer} as the last line in it. Then I can run and produce output from the bootstrap master.tex file without any problems. Now, suppose that my chapter3.tex file is in the folder \chapters located in the main root. In order to be able to run and compile it as a standalone file (meaning I'm running it from \chapters directory) I have to copy over the copies of header and footer files to \chapters. Bad solution. Now, i tried additing the relative path to chapter3.tex file as \input{../header}, but clearly while it works in the standalone compilation, it results in the error at the master.tex level compilation since the compiler cannot find ...\header.tex relative to the root. Can anyone suggest any solution to this. Cheers :) Am Wed, 18 Mar 2009 03:14:45 +0000 (UTC) schri...

ANN: tex-refs, V0.3.2, References for TeX and Friends
We are pleased to announce a new release (V0.3.2) of the documentation project "References for TeX and Friends". This is an ongoing project with the goal to provide help/reference files for LaTeX (and its friends like ConTeXt, Metapost, Metafont, etc.) using a state-of-the-art source format, DocBook/XML. Changes: - Corrected sections "Output Style Specifiers" and "Input Style Specifiers" of chapter "MakeIndex" - Enhanced index in PDF For more information see: http://www.miwie.org/tex-refs/ -- Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> ########################################################################## # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com # # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION. # # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/ # ########################################################################## ...

Web resources about - Table.TeX in Plain TeX - comp.text.tex

Table of United States Core Based Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for the United States of America . The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that ...

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
... in her new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets. Gareth Hutchens Has the mystery of the culprit behind the broken marble table ...

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
... the saga in her new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets. Has the mystery of the culprit behind the broken marble table finally ...

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
... new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets. The former treasurer was apparently the one who hopped onto the Italian marble table ...

'America's Got Talent': Simon Cowell Takes A Seat At The Judges Table
"America's Got Talent" creator and executive producer Simon Cowell is taking a seat at the judges table alongside Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and ...

An AnandTech Round Table with ASUS: 10 Years of the Republic of Gamers
... Rajinder 'Raja' Gill Technical PR Manager, ASUS USA AnandTech Motherboard Senior Editor 2008-2010 Ian Cutress 10 Years of ROG Round Table ...

Lithuanian Designer Launches Standing App For His Funky Table
... at the office. His back started to hurt and his productivity seemed to decrease. "That was the time when I started my hunt for a suitable standing ...

Table for one: How to play board games without a group
(credit: Aurich / Getty Images) Welcome to Ars Cardboard, our weekend look at tabletop games! Check out our complete board gaming coverage right ...

Erin Andrews video was played at Marriott ownership rep’s table at Nashville restaurant
... hit outside the courtroom Wednesday, when West End Hotel Partners representative Neal Peskind admitted to being present at a restaurant table ...

How to Make a Paris-Inspired Gold Leaf Table
... with the Paris Hamper . Then with the Vintage Rooster French Commode . And now with my latest makeover, this Paris-Inspired Gold Leaf Table… ...