texi2dvi appends -snt, -pg to references

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,

I am processing a etxi file with @anchor foo.

There is also a line in the file @ref{foo}.

When processing the file with texi2dvi, I get undefined cross-
references foo-snt and foo-pg.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Mirko
0
Reply Mirko 10/1/2010 1:39:52 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.text.tex 36689 articles. 70 followers. Post

References to references

Reference to a reference
Hi, I am reading Modern C++ Design where Anderi quoted "C++ does not allow references to references". Assume i have DoThat(const string& strData2) { ... } DoThis(const string& strData) { .. DoThat(strData); } int main() { string Data; DoThis(Data); } Now the strData i have inside DoThis is a reference to Data.The strData2 I have is a reference to strData.i.e strData2 is a reference to a reference. Here Andrei's statement confuses me..Am i missing something? Thanks, Senthil Senthil wrote: > Hi, > I am reading Modern C++ Design where Anderi quoted &q...

Reference to reference?
Today I discovered that I don't understand how references work in php. I create object, then I store reference to this object into array. Then I do so into another array. And suddenly I have two vars taken by reference which should point to single object, but they are different. Is there possibility of "reference to reference" in php? I'm just going crazy, can't figure out everything... By saying "reference to reference" I mean something like &&$var So that &$var !== &&$var Yes, you should have no trouble in doing someting like: <? $...

Reference to reference?
Hi, just a stupid question: int a(0),b(1); int& ra = a; int& rb = b; ra = rb; // copies the data from b to a, right? How would you copy the pointer to b in ra, so that ra points to b? On 2010-05-06 10:05:34 -0400, Gernot Frisch said: > Hi, > > just a stupid question: > int a(0),b(1); > int& ra = a; > int& rb = b; > > ra = rb; // copies the data from b to a, right? > > How would you copy the pointer to b in ra, so that ra points to b? What pointer is that? ra is a reference. Initializing a reference sets the object...

Passing a reference as a reference
Hi, I have this question about Perl references. Suppose i have this %hash which has been populated with key - values.Subroutine check1 gets the %hash as a refrence from the main and this refrence has to be passed to another subroutine check2. How can this be done.Any suggestions would be helpful. ############################## my %hash; check1(\%hash); sub check1 { my ($hash)=shift; foreach my $keys (keys $hash) { print"$hash{$keys}\n"; } check2 (I want to send the reference of %hash--which is already a reference); } sub check2 { my ($hash)=shift; } ###################### Thanks ...

Reference vs. Reference
I feel there is a subtle point that needs clarification. Unfortunately the term "reference" does not have an unambiguous meaning in our field. I know at least these meanings 1. R. is a general term for any programming language construct that allows to reference a value. This does not sound very involved but it's actually as simple (or: as general) as that. :-) Unfortunately this includes things like C pointers, Pascal pointers, C++ references, Perl references, Ruby references (Matz, is this the proper term?) etc. 2. C++ R. type is a special beast which has some additional pr...

Call by reference / references
Hi, since I want to do 'extended' programming in Matlab, I'm missing an important feature that all common programming languages offer: Call by reference and references (or pointer). There are two situations, where I don't know how to handle it in Matlab except the brute force (and slow) way: 1) I want a function that operates and changes a data structure. For example, lets have a cell array <map> storing mapEntry structs which each struct having a .key and .value entry. Now I want to write a function that adds a key/value pair to the map cell array if it is not...

Close reference, write to reference, close reference--Redundant?
Hello, &nbsp; I am analyzing another's code, and came upon this snippet: &nbsp; [Text reference in] --&gt; Close Reference [Reference out] --&gt; [Text string in] Write to Text File [Reference out]&nbsp; --&gt;&nbsp; Close reference &nbsp; Thoughts? &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks for your time. ...

call by reference node
Hi, &nbsp; Im trying to write a server application that can dynamically load a plug in driver vi depending on some connected hardware.&nbsp; As the method of connection of the hardware changes - sometimes it will be serial, sometimes TCP/IP - and i want the form of the driver VIs to be standard i need the connectors to be identical as I'm calling the VIs by reference node.&nbsp; However sometimes I need to pass a TCP/IP ref num and sometines a serial ref or otherwise. &nbsp; I have tried to pass a reference to a cluster which contains whatever I need but I just get errors.&...

reference and pointer-reference
Hi, Recently i came across a functiion declaration as below void f(char *&a); Nowhere i have come across this style. I understand, passing by reference is always better(to avoid copying), that too added with const like void f(const std::string &a); //since it was char *a, i assume it to be a string This i came across in the book "Secrets of C++ Masters". Though this book is old, i just wanted to know what it speaks of. I do not know whether this is still accepted or was a part of pre-standard c++. I tried a toy program with a function like this. It did compile fine and e...

const references to references
Hi, I have been playing around with some experimental library that uses a proxy class to encapsulate a reference. The idea is that these have semantics as close to C++ references as possible (but it uses reference counting under the hood so there are no lifetime issues). All of the interesting methods of the proxy class are const, since the references are not reseatable. This is also consistent with ordinary references; "int& const" is not a valid type, but only because the 'const' is redundant. Anyway, it would be pointless to require a non-const proxy r...

References to references #2
I'm getting an unforseen problem when I'm trying to compile code for older compilers. The following code compiles in clang 3.0 on a Mac: template <class Key> struct Foo { typedef Key& key_type; virtual Bar mapKey(const key_type& key) = 0; }; However, when I compile with gcc 4.1.2 on SUSE Linux, I get "cannot declare reference to 'Key&', specifically wrt to mapKey(). I'm trying to find the root cause of this: Is it a C++11-specifc thing, and thus barfing on gcc 4.1.2, which IIRC has no C++11 support? Is it simply that I am expecting...

Referring to a 'column' from a reference to an array of array references
The DBI module has a function fetchall_arrayref which returns a reference to an array of references to arrays. Its quite easy to refer to a row of the matrix: $row_ref = $array_ref->[0]; (which would correspond to 1 row retrieved from database table), but I can't think of how to refer to a column of the matrix (corresponds to all the various values for a particular field / column). Is it possible to refer to a column using array referencing of some description? (I know how to iterate over the array and suck out each column value, I'm just wondering whether there is as easy a way a...

How to reference a previous reference in the bibliography
I'm using natbib.sty for my biliographies in LaTeX. I need to reference a previous reference in the bibliography automatically. Example: ..... 4) Gunther Garson, My Life, Hollywood Press, Florida, USA, 1954. 5) .... 6) .... 7) Reference 4, p. 112. Is there some command like (I'm making this up) \bibliocite, such that I can accomplish this by .... \bibitem{Garson}\bibliocite{Garson} Gunther Garson, {\it My Life}, Hollywood Press, Florida, USA, 1954. \bibitem{...} \bibitem{...} \bibitem{Garson2} Reference \biblioref{Garson}, p. 112. TIA. Patrick On 29 Sep 2004 10:30:22 -0700, reany...

Assign Reference to another Referance
How can I assign a reference to another reference, making them both refer to the same object? The object does not have an assignment operator. Nor do I want to assign right hand to left hand by value, I want two references to the same object. #ifndef RENDERABLE_H #define RENDERABLE_H // EngineX Includes #include "Graphics\3D\Transform.h" #include "Graphics\Effects\EffectManager.h" // DirectX Includes #include <d3d10.h> #include <d3dx10.h> // Boost Includes #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> // Standard Includes #include <string> //------------...

Pointers and References (and References to Pointers)
Hello again, I have a bit of a strange problem here. This code works OK: class foo { public: foo(int **ref): m_ref(ref) {} private: int **m_ref; }; int main() { int i = 1; int *iptr = &i; foo bar(&iptr); return 0; } but this code does not: class foo { public: foo(int& *ref): m_ref(ref) {} private: int& *m_ref; }; int main() { int i = 1; foo bar(&i); return 0; } I get this error when I compile it: $ g++ -o test test.cc test.cc:4: error: cannot declare pointers to references test.cc:8: error: cannot declare pointers to references Th...

Reference to array, NOT array of references!
template<class T> inline T& NthArrayMember( T & (array[]),size_t i) { return array[i - 1]; } template<class T> inline const T& NthArrayMember( const T & (array[]),size_t i) { return array[i - 1]; } G++: declaration of `array' as array of references I've tried about five different parenthesis combinations, but I just can't get a reference to an array! It's to be used as so: int main() { int blah[50]; NthArrayMember(blah,45) = 56; //45th member = 56 extern void SomeFunc(int); SomeFunc( NthArrayMember(blah,34) ); /...

appending to file appends twice!?
Hi all, :-) I wrote a Perl script to append Questions and Answers to a text data file. The file would look like this and would grow when Q&As are added. 1 Q This is a question 1 A This is an answer 2 Q This is another question 2 A This is another answer All I do is open the file for append, print 2 lines (Q line and A line) and then close the file. What's happening however is that my data is appended twice, like this: This is an actual cut & Paste of the entire file. 1 Q Here is my question 1 A Hee is my answer...

append
Hi, how can I do this: sss(L,S,Y):-append(L,S,Y),append([],Y,L). I would like just add something to the existing list. In message <Xns94E58A01870goldenusoppl@193.219.28.145>, Tom <goldenus@op.pl> writes >Hi, > >how can I do this: > >sss(L,S,Y):-append(L,S,Y),append([],Y,L). > >I would like just add something to the existing list. What you have written above won't work. It is not clear to me what you are trying to do. Which of L, S, Y are lists? Where is the "something" that you want to add? Nick -- Nick Wedd nick@maproom.co.uk Dea...

append
I want to append data only after certain interval so how to do? My code looks like that m = mean(nonzeros(A(:))); save('Data/s.mat', 's','-append','-ascii' ); "mat001 " <priya.biomath@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <i0i7tq$eqe$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I want to append data only after certain interval so how to do? > > My code looks like that > m = mean(nonzeros(A(:))); > save('Data/s.mat', 's','-append','-ascii' ); your post does not make sense at all....

append
Trying not to be a whiner but I sure have trouble finding syntax in the reference material. I want to know about list operations such as append. Is there a pop type function? I looked in tutorial, language reference, and lib for list, append, sequence. Is there a place where us doofi ( who may not have our heads out in the sunlight) may find all related syntax grouped together? thanx, jh Found list popping at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Python_Programming/Lists :) On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 10:02 -0700, HMS Surprise wrote: > Trying not to be a whiner but I sure have trouble finding synta...

texi2dvi
The file texi2dvi at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/texdraw/manual/texi2dvi is a UNIX shell script for processing a .tex file. Is there a Windows .bat file or other equivalent for fptex? ggrothendieck@volcanomail.com writes: > The file texi2dvi at > > http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/texdraw/manual/texi2dvi > > is a UNIX shell script for processing a .tex file. Is there > a Windows .bat file or other equivalent for fptex? It is a shell script for processing .texi (Texinfo) files to DVI, and appears to be an old (1995) version of macros/texinfo/texinf...

for_each bind2nd reference to reference error
I have a vector (v) containing objects of class C. class C { private: double d; public: void foo( B& b ); }; class B { public: int i; double x; // lots of other things, which is why its passed by reference. }; I'd like to run function foo for each element in v. foo takes one argument of class B passed by reference. The following lines produces a reference to reference error: vector<C> v(50); B b; for_each( v.begin(), v.end(), bind2nd( mem_fun_ref(&C::foo), b ) ); How can I get around this using for_each? Chris Roth wrote: > I have a vector (v) containing obj...

How to split reference or have two reference in thesis
Hi Is there a way to have two reference in a thesis, one: for books; another; for intervievs I am suposed to have this separate Tommi On Apr 13, 7:49=A0pm, Galdratommi <galdrato...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to have two reference in a thesis, > one: for books; > another; for intervievs > I am suposed to have this separate Have look at multibbl.sty. Regards, Marc van Dongen ...

Which does reference signal refer to in LMS theory?
LMS theory,there are 3 signal as follows. 1. the signal to be filterd; 2. the expectation signal,which is used to compare with filtered signal to get error signal; 3. the error signal,which (can be get from 2 and ) is used to update the filter coefficients; But always some articles about LMS adaptive filters say of reference signal. In the 3 signals above,which does reference signal refer to ? Cheers Hyee >LMS theory,there are 3 signal as follows. > >1. the signal to be filterd; >2. the expectation signal,which is used to compare with filtered >signal to...