TeXnicCenter + Miktex: unable to get dvipdfm to work

I have just installed TeXnicCenter with Miktex installation. Everything
is fine except that I have been unable to configure to build the output
as :
LaTeX => DVI => PDF (using dvipdfm). Can anyone give any pointers?
Thanks,
Abhsihek

abhishek agrawal wrote:

> I have just installed TeXnicCenter with Miktex installation. Everything
> is fine except that I have been unable to configure to build the output
> as :
> LaTeX => DVI => PDF (using dvipdfm). Can anyone give any pointers?
> Thanks,
> Abhsihek

Do you have ghostscript and ghostview installed?

--
Laurie Savage
=====================================
Physics/IT Pascoe Vale Girls College
Pascoe Vale, Victoria, Australia
=====================================
0
docsavage1 (41)
1/3/2005 5:52:28 AM
I have both ghostscript and ghostview installed.
The problem is that I am using hyperref package. When I go through the
DVI => PS => PDF the links are not active (this option from TeXnic is
working fine and is producing a PDF). I have a lot of eps figures in
the document, so to convert them to another format and use PDFTeX is an
option I am enthusistic about.
Thanks,
abhishek

 "abhishek agrawal" <agrawal.abhishek@gmail.com> writes:
>I have both ghostscript and ghostview installed.

good.  that's one thing that might have caused dvipdfm not to work.

since you don't actually say what the problem is with dvipdfm, it's
hard to be much help: what error messages does dvipdfm emit (hint:
if texniccenter is hiding these messages from you, try finding the log
file that it saves them in).

>The problem is that I am using hyperref package. When I go through the
>DVI => PS => PDF the links are not active (this option from TeXnic is
>working fine and is producing a PDF).

error messages?  this works for most people.  (you've not left the
[dvipdfm] option to hyperref in there, have you?)

>I have a lot of eps figures in
>the document, so to convert them to another format and use PDFTeX is an
>option I am enthusistic about.

epstopdf does the conversion for you (it's the same thing, in essence
as dvipdfm does on the fly).

it's a bit difficult to get a handle on what you actually _want_...

there's a sequence of faq answers starting at
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=dvipsgraphics (click
"next" button at bottom of each page) which might just help.
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

get the fonts work for dvipdfm
i install brushscr.cab for my MikTeX to get the Brushed Script font, the readme file just give hints about how to make it work with dvips. But could the dvipdfm find it? In article <8e977a75.0312070124.4f2aa718@posting.google.com>, ursus <mylittlebiscuit@sina.com> wrote: % i install brushscr.cab for my MikTeX to get the Brushed Script font, % the readme file just give hints about how to make it work with dvips. % But could the dvipdfm find it? In general, you need to add an entry to a .map file, the format of which is tfmname encoding fontfilename For instance, in my psfonts.map I have this probably unrelated entry: pbsi8r BrushScriptX-Italic "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <BrushScriptX-Italic.pfb The first thing is the tfm name. The thing before .enc is the encoding. The last thing is the font file name. I would put pbsi8r 8r BrushScriptX-Italic.pfb into a map file (which I would call ptjm.map) in my texmf-local/dvipdfm/config directory, and add the entry f ptjm.map to the file config in the same directory. config starts life as a copy of config from my installation texmf tree. If you have to create these files, you need to update your file database when you're done. -- Patrick TJ McPhee East York Canada ptjm@interlog.com ...

unable to get importNode working

Getting WinShell and MiKTeX to work
Hello, At my last job, I downloaded MiKTeX and WinShell for my Windows XP Professional computer. I created .tex files and ran LaTeX on them in WinShell. They worked fine. I am at a new job. I now downloaded MiKTeX and WinShell again, this time for my Windows 2000 Professional computer. I got the software from the same place as last time (www.miktex.org/index.html and www.winshell.de/) This time, winshell will not compile my .tex files when I push the LaTeX button (same files that worked before). I instantly get the following message: "One or more errors occurred! Please check the options!" I looked through the options menu, but could find nothing useful to do. Does anyone know how to solve this problem (or what my problem actually might be?) I greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Leonard In article <aa503d8.0408090843.75e166ed@posting.google.com>, Leonard Blackburn wrote: > Hello, > > At my last job, I downloaded MiKTeX and WinShell for my Windows XP > Professional computer. I created .tex files and ran LaTeX on them > in WinShell. They worked fine. > > I am at a new job. I now downloaded MiKTeX and WinShell again, this > time for my Windows 2000 Professional computer. I got the software > from the same place as last time (www.miktex.org/index.html and > www.winshell.de/) This time, winshell will not compile my .tex files when > I push the LaTeX button (same files that worked before). I instantly get...

How get qtxmath to work with MiKTeX?
My LaTeX source file for MiKTeX uses: \usepackage{qtxmath,tgtermes} dvips gives error, "The qtmri source file could not be found." And in the LaTeX log, I get message "LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/qtm/m/n' undefined." Moreover, none of the letters in math mode are being italicized. What's wrong? Do I have to do some special setup in MiKTeX? ...

Unable to get printer working
I need some help to get my printer working. Yes, I've read the CUPS Administration manual and searched Google. Either the answers aren't there or I'm not smart enough to see it. I'm running kernel 2.6.10 on an DEC Alpha SX164 with a HP Officejet 720 attached to the parallel port. I'm using cups with the following printing software installed: cupsys 1.1.22-6 cupsys-bsd 1.1.22-6 cupsys-client 1.1.22-6 libcupsimage2 1.1.22-6 libcupsys2-gnutls10 1.1.22-6 libgnomecups1.0-1 0.1.13...

unable to get GMP and Perl working...
Hello, I am truly stuck after several failed attempts on Win XP ..can anyone please assist here. I was told "activestate perl is compiled by MS visual c++, it cannot use library files compiled under cygwin. you can either use perl in cygwin with our cygwin version gmp library in that webpage, or use activestate perl with our gmp library which is also compiled using MS visuall C++ (the information can be found in the same page: http://www.cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/index.html" So I uninstalled everyting, reininstalled Cygwin with MAke, Perl, etc. etc..followed the instructions, ran...

Unable to get Zone transfer to work
Ok, I have a pair of Bind servers 9.xx running on fedora. These are sitting on IP's 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11 master and slave respectively. They have static Nats to the outside world of 99.99.99.10 and 99.99.99.11 I am unable to get the master zone on the master to transfer to the slave. Here is my named.conf on the master [root@ns1 named]# cat /etc/named.conf acl "trusted" { localhost; 192.168.0.0/24; 192.168.1.0/24; }; options { directory "/var/named"; allow-recursion { trusted; }; allow-query { trusted; }; allow-notify {192.168.1.11; }; version "get lost"; listen-on { 192.168.1.10; 127.0.0.1; }; forwarders { 207.181.101.4; 207.181.101.5; }; forward first; recursion yes; }; logging{ channel example_log{ file "/var/log/named/example.log" versions 3 size 2m; severity info; print-severity yes; print-time yes; print-category yes; }; category default{ example_log; }; }; zone "." { type hint; file "/var/named/root.servers"; }; zone "mydomain.com" in{ type master; file "/var/named/mydomain.com.zone"; allow-transfer {192.168.1.11;}; }; Here is the mydomain.com zone file. [root@ns1 named]# cat mydomain.com.zone $TTL 86400 mydomain.com. IN SOA ns1.mydomain.com. ns2.mydomai...

Unable to get PPS working 2
Hi everyone, I'm trying a new approach now, with the same results. I've programmed a basic stamp to pulse high for 10 miliseconds out of every second. There is about 4.7 volts between ground (connected to pin 5) and the high pulse (connected to pin 1). I still cat get any interrupts. I know this must be something simple/stupid since from what I've read people can usually get this working. If anyone would like to point out the obvious please do. Thanks, Brent Bartels > I'm trying a new approach now, with the same results. I've > programmed a ...

unable to get SSLCARevocationPath directive working
SSLCARevocationFile directive works fine. But when try to SSLCARevocationPath instead, then crl checking doesn't work at all. I've enabled debug mode, and it doesn't even show a CRL check even starting. I've the crl file for the issuer of client cert, crl file for the issuer of the issuer for client cert, and generated the hash symlinks with no problems. Suggestions? ...

Unable to get std::sort working

Unable to get VoIP QoS working on PIX
I am attempting to get VoIP QoS running on a Cisco PIX. It's not working. Running 7.0(1) It is a PIX-515 Config: interface Ethernet0 nameif outside security-level 0 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.98 255.255.255.224 ! access-list 109 extended permit udp any any eq 4569 class-map VOIP match access-list 109 (also tried) match port udp eq 4569 ! policy-map VOIP class VOIP priority ! service-policy VOIP interface outside Any ideas as to why this is not working? access-list 109; 1 elements access-list 109 line 1 extended permit udp any any eq 4569 (hitcnt=0) Why are you trying to match ...

Unable to get max_life to work over 24 hours
I am running MIT Kerberos v5-1.2.8. I am attempting to obtain a ticket with a life of 3 days. I have set the max_life = 3d in the kdc.conf and have set the maxlife in the principal to 3d. I run the kinit -l 3d but it seems I can never get a ticket for more than 24 hours. What am I missing? ___________________________________ Ray Kreitzer Sr. Database Administrator Dick's Sporting Goods 200 Industry Drive - RIDC Park West - Pittsburgh, PA 15275 Phone (412) 809-0100 x3418 Fax (412) 809-0821 Email ray.kreitzer@dcsg.com ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Ray, To my understanding you should also set -maxlife on the krbtgt principle. Also, verify the user and host principles each have a 3d maxlife. John On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:47:38PM -0400, Kreitzer, Ray wrote: > > I am running MIT Kerberos v5-1.2.8. I am attempting to obtain a ticket > with a life of 3 days. I have set the max_life = 3d in the kdc.conf and > have set the maxlife in the principal to 3d. I run the kinit -l 3d but it > seems I can never get a ticket for more than 24 hours. What am I missing? > > ___________________________________ > > Ray Kreitzer > Sr. Database Administrator > Dick's Sporting Goods > 200 Industry Drive - RIDC Park West - Pittsburgh, PA 15275 > Phone (412) 809-0100 x3418 Fax (412) 809-0821 >...

Unable to get the timer working correctly in LPC2148
I have written code for delay using timer in LPC2148. But I am not able to get the desired time delay. 1 Sec delay if I give, it looks like 100 msec (Ddd not calculate correctly). Somewhere something is wrong it looks. Anybody can help? I have written code comments and I hope it is good enough. Also is it good idea to disable and enable timer as in delayus() or allow timer to run continuously instead reset the T0TC? Which one is efficient? I felt clearing T0TC might be efficient since it takes only one instruction cycle. // Timer resolution is 10 micro Second with PCLK = 15 MHz. ...

Unable to get GRIDDATA Function to Work Properly
Hello IDL'ers I'm trying to do some interpolation with the GRIDDATA function. I have a regular lon/lat grid spanning the globe, consisting of values that are either 0 or 1. I am trying to interpolate these values to an irregular lon/lat grid spanning much of the U.S. Trouble is, no matter what I do, I cannot get the routine to give me a 1, where they clearly should exist. For a simple example, on my global grid, all points surrounding -115 W, 35 N are 1, but when I run (where testGrid is my global grid): myGrid = GRIDDATA(Lon, Lat, testGrid, /GRID, XOUT=[-115.0], YOUT=[35.0]) I ge...

How to get \ding working in MiKTeX 2.7
Hi there, I got psnfss and zapfding installed in MiKTeX 2.7. However, \ding{xxx} still complains missing font metric. How to use zapfding, which seems to have the font for it. Example follows. --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{pifont} \begin{document} \ding{39} \end{document} --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- Thank you, -- ..: Leo :. [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ] .: I use Emacs :. Am Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:38:13 +0000 schrieb Leo: > Hi there, > > I got psnfss and zapfding installed in MiKTeX 2.7. However, \ding{xxx} > still complains missing font metric. How to use zapfding, which seems to > have the font for it. Example follows. > > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{pifont} > > \begin{document} > \ding{39} > \end{document} > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- Should work out of the box in miktex 2.7. Show the log-file of the pdflatex run. -- Ulrike Fischer On 2009-03-04 09:46 +0000, Ulrike Fischer wrote: [...] >> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- >> \documentclass{article} >> \usepackage{pifont} >> >> \begin{document} >> \ding{39} >> \end{document} >> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->...

Unable to get dual boot system to work with Grub
I am having a problem getting Linux to boot using grub for a dual boot system. In the past I have created many dual boot systems but have always used LILO. Unfortunately, Red Hat FC 3 doesn't give you the option of which boot loader to use. I recently got a new computer, with a single 110 GB SATA drive. After repartitioning and reinstalling Windows XP I have the following setup: /dev/sda1 is a 25 GB NTFS partition and /dev/sda2 is 35 GB NTFS partition. I then proceeded to install Red Hat FC3 creating a 20 GB /dev/sda3 Linux root partition and a 30 GB /dev/sda5 ext3 Linux parition. During installation I choose to install GRUB on the boot partition (/dev/sda3) and not the MBR. After installation I booted into Linux using the "linux rescue" mode and performed a "dd if=/dev/sda3 of=/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1" and copied the file to my windows C drive and updated the boot.ini file in a similar manner that I have performed many many times in the past. Now when I try booting, I get menu choice from Windows (NTLDR) and select the Linux boot option. At this stage it just clears the screen and hangs up and does nothing. If all is working I should get the grub boot menu to choose what I want to boot. At this point I do not want to install grub on the MBR if I can avoid it. My current grub.conf file is shown below: # grub.conf generated by anaconda # # Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this fi...

AP1200: unable to get back working after update to IOS
Hello... I am unable to get two updated AP1200 back to work: Everything seems to be fine, the clients do see the AP. Unfortunately, the clients are unable to associate with the AP. As this happend to two AP there must be a config error. I am unable to get even the most basic config to work! Any help? Any working AP1200 sample config? The IOS is '(C1200-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(4)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)' Best regards and thanks for any help! BVI1 is up, line protocol is up Hardware is BVI, address is 000d.bd33.2dd4 (bia 000d.bd43.e261) Internet address is 10.32.194.247/16 ...

SAS/GRAPH
Hi all, I am building a series of graphs using gchart and gplot, and then displaying them all using greplay. At one time, a gplot is followed by a gslide procedure which intends to print a message and add a link to another file. However, instead of the link appearing in the output, what happens is the entire graph image gets outlined by blue and there is no link which works. Here is my sample code (my output device is gif) goptions xpixels=450 ypixels=300; title; title1; title2; title3; title4; footnote; data anno2; length function color $8 style $12 position $1 text $50 html ...

Guide to get tex-stuff working in Suse 9.2
Hello, I hope someone here has some hint for me. I have written a bigger Mathematica-Module with Mathematica 4.1 . Now the code shall appear as Appendix in a latex document, using tetex under Suse Linux 9.2. For first, I would be content, do save it as tex document, process Latex and pdflatex on the resulting File and get dvips, xdvi, acroread working with the results. (next step would be coexistence of different styles and own defs with the notebook2e.sty etc. to build the Book with Mathematica-generated Texsequences in it) I would like to find just a cooking re...

unable to get ssh from windows to Mac OS X to work
I have OpenSSH for Windows running at work and I want to ssh to my Mac OS X box at home. I've generated a dsa key/pair at work and took the my ..pub key home. I then cat myname_dsa.pub >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on my home machine. Now when I try it from work I type ssh -i myname_dsa -v myname@mymacosx.net and I get this output: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 14 Mar 2004 debug1: Connecting to mymacosx.net [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file myname_dsa type 2 ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host I have originally...

How to get CJK 4.7.0 work under MiKTeX 2.5?
Dear all and Mr. Werner Lemberg, I'm running MiKTeX 2.5 under Windows XP SP2. The CJK package contained is 4.5.2. I heard that the bookmarks will appear correctly if I upgrade to 4.7.0. I downloaded CJK 4.7.0 from cjk.ffii.org, and extracted everything under texinput folder to "MiKTeX 2.5\tex\latex \CJK" folder. But after that I ran pdflatex on my tex file again, the bookmarks were still not readable. What else should I do? By the way, how can I use a font other than gbsn? That font is awful when switched to bold type. I would like to have something as nice as TrueType font under Microsoft Word. It seems that text written in Latin-like languages is very beautiful using latex, but when it comes to Chinese, everything is not so good as I expected. Thanks and best regards! Liu Yunxia On Mar 21, 12:11 pm, "Liu Yunxia" <Thomas.Yunxia....@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all and Mr. Werner Lemberg, > > I'm running MiKTeX 2.5 under Windows XP SP2. The CJK package contained > is 4.5.2. I heard that the bookmarks will appear correctly if I > upgrade to 4.7.0. I downloaded CJK 4.7.0 from cjk.ffii.org, and > extracted everything under texinput folder to "MiKTeX 2.5\tex\latex > \CJK" folder. But after that I ran pdflatex on my tex file again, the > bookmarks were still not readable. What else should I do? > > By the way, how can I use a font other than gbsn? That font is awful > when switched to bold type. I would ...

Unable to get FIS PIP working on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
Hello=20 I went thru all the steps to build pip but its not working correctly The st= ep I'm having a problem with is this: (From the instructions)=20 pip@ubuntu:~/pip_V02$ ps -ef | grep -E \(mtm\)\|\(mumps\) | grep -v grep pi= p 3959 1 0 11:41 pts/0 00:00:00 /home/pip/pip_V02/mtm_V2.4.5/mtm -nMTM_PIPV= 02 -p61315 -l/home/pip/pip_V02/mtm/MTM_PIPV02.LOG pip 4002 1 0 11:41 ? 00:0= 0:00 /usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.4-000A_x86/mumps -direct pip 4005 1 0 11:41 ? 00:0= 0:00 /usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.4-000A_x86/mumps -direct=20 My results below:=20 ps -ef | grep -E \(mtm\)\|\(mumps\) | grep -v grep...

Re: SAS/GRAPH
Thank you Roland and Mike - my mistake was to use ODS CHTML rather than ODS HTML. It's working now. Regards, Anindya On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:33 AM, RolandRB <rolandberry@hotmail.com> wrote: > > On Apr 3, 7:27 pm, RolandRB <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote: > > On Apr 3, 6:19 pm, anindya.lugb...@GMAIL.COM (Anindya Mozumdar) wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi all, > > > I am building a series of graphs using gchart and gplot, and > > > then displaying them all using greplay. At one time, a gpl...

Get get include pages to work...
Greetings, I have the following: require_once($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]."/virtuals/doc-root.php4"); I also have several more include and include once that pull various sections into my main page. I am trying to get this working on a local machine for testing purposes. I have (windwos) Apache and PHP set up on my machine and have written several test pages to confirm things are working. When I perform an echo of the Document_root and global_root I get the following: server doc root: C:/Dewaynewww/TrentonWeb/Apache2/htdocs global doc root: Anyone have any ideas why I can&...

Web resources about - TeXnicCenter + Miktex: unable to get dvipdfm to work - comp.text.tex

CogsciWA - Tools
The University of Western Australia's School of Psychology provides a cognitive science laboratory for the exploration of underlying processes ...

LaTeX:About - AoPSWiki
... LaTeX on AoPS page. If you would like to produce full documents of your own, follow the directions below. Download and install MiKTeX and TeXnicCenter, ...

TeXnicCenter » About TeXnicCenter
TeXnicCenter is what we call an integrated documentation environment (IDE) for LaTeX. That means that TeXnicCenter integrates all the functionality ...

Levels of TeX - TeX Users Group
A friend asked us once, “Should I use LaTeX or MiKTeX?”In various guises, this is a common question, seemingly innocent, butactually betraying ...

TeXnicCenter
... CNRS at Telecom ParisTech, France are doing foundational research on the use of menu systems in the real world. They augmented the latest TeXnicCenter ...

T E XnicCenter
... CNRS at Telecom ParisTech, France are doing foundational research on the use of menu systems in the real world. They augmented the latest TeXnicCenter ...

TeXnicCenter » Contact
T E XnicCenter Start About About TeXnicCenter Features About LaTeX News Download Support Contact Contact the development team (Tino) if you want ...

TeXnicCenter » Support
T E XnicCenter Start About About TeXnicCenter Features About LaTeX News Download Support Support Many issues are discussed in the user manual: ...

TeXnicCenter » Features
T E XnicCenter Start About About TeXnicCenter Features About LaTeX News Download Support Features This page provides an overview of TeXnicCenter’s ...

TeXnicCenter » Download
To update, you can simply install the new version on top of your existing TeXnicCenter installation. To start working with LaTeX, you also need ...