TeXnicCenter + Miktex: unable to get dvipdfm to work

I have just installed TeXnicCenter with Miktex installation. Everything
is fine except that I have been unable to configure to build the output
as :
LaTeX => DVI => PDF (using dvipdfm). Can anyone give any pointers?
Thanks,
Abhsihek

abhishek agrawal wrote:

> I have just installed TeXnicCenter with Miktex installation. Everything
> is fine except that I have been unable to configure to build the output
> as :
> LaTeX => DVI => PDF (using dvipdfm). Can anyone give any pointers?
> Thanks,
> Abhsihek

Do you have ghostscript and ghostview installed?

--
Laurie Savage
=====================================
Physics/IT Pascoe Vale Girls College
Pascoe Vale, Victoria, Australia
=====================================
0
docsavage1 (41)
1/3/2005 5:52:28 AM
I have both ghostscript and ghostview installed.
The problem is that I am using hyperref package. When I go through the
DVI => PS => PDF the links are not active (this option from TeXnic is
working fine and is producing a PDF). I have a lot of eps figures in
the document, so to convert them to another format and use PDFTeX is an
option I am enthusistic about.
Thanks,
abhishek

 "abhishek agrawal" <agrawal.abhishek@gmail.com> writes:
>I have both ghostscript and ghostview installed.

good.  that's one thing that might have caused dvipdfm not to work.

since you don't actually say what the problem is with dvipdfm, it's
hard to be much help: what error messages does dvipdfm emit (hint:
if texniccenter is hiding these messages from you, try finding the log
file that it saves them in).

>The problem is that I am using hyperref package. When I go through the
>DVI => PS => PDF the links are not active (this option from TeXnic is
>working fine and is producing a PDF).

error messages?  this works for most people.  (you've not left the
[dvipdfm] option to hyperref in there, have you?)

>I have a lot of eps figures in
>the document, so to convert them to another format and use PDFTeX is an
>option I am enthusistic about.

epstopdf does the conversion for you (it's the same thing, in essence
as dvipdfm does on the fly).

it's a bit difficult to get a handle on what you actually _want_...

there's a sequence of faq answers starting at
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=dvipsgraphics (click
"next" button at bottom of each page) which might just help.
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

need help with generic ajax get function
I'm trying to write a generic ajax get function. I want to return the response from the get request, so that I can reuse it in other scripts. Perhaps I want to use it in an innerHtml, perhaps I want to put it in an alert(). I have this, which works: function ajaxGetResponse( page ) { var xmlHttp; try { // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); } catch (e) { // Internet Explorer try { xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } c...

getting images to not shrink
I have a Filemakers script that first uses an Applescript to create a 150x150 pixel image, then uses Insert Picture to import that into a 150x150 pixel container field. When Graphic formatting is set to "crop" the picture still shrinks to a little postage stamp. Setting it to "enlarge" produces a normal image. Isn't that backwards? In article <ws21-76AEF9.14191614052007@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>, Bill Steele <ws21@cornell.edu> wrote: > I have a Filemakers script that first uses an Applescript to create a > 150x150 pixel image, then uses Insert...

Get Rich #5
Take advantage of a great deal ...

TexnicCenter
Hello, There I am recommended to use TexnicCenter to organize a long report, such as doctoral dissertation. Truely speaking, it is a nice tool, strongly recommended from my side. http://www.toolscenter.org However I still have a question. Does someone here know whether there is a "complie selected block" function in TexnicCenter as in Miktex? Many thanks... Liao Liao wrote: > I am recommended to use TexnicCenter to organize a long report, > such as doctoral dissertation. Truely speaking, it is a nice > tool, strongly recommended from my side. > http://www.toolsce...

[News] New Excel Flaw Can Get Computers Hijacked
Another security hole found in Excel ,----[ Quote ] | A hole in Microsoft Excel has been identified that could allow attackers | to take control of a computer, a security group said Thursday--the | third vulnerability affecting the popular spreadsheet program to surface | in less than a month. `---- http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-6091480.html?part=rss&tag=6091480&subj=news Don't be a zombie. Use OpenOffice Calc. It's free and secure. ...

FAQ 2.2 How can I get a binary version of Perl? #4
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.2: How can I get a binary version of Perl? If you don't have a C compiler because your vendor for whatever reasons did not include one with your system, the best thing to do is grab a binary version of gcc from the net and use that to compile perl with. CPAN ...

Unable to connect to Internet w/McAfee Personal Firewall
I hope someone can help me w/a problem I just started experiencing &#8230; I have a Compaq Presario w/Win98se, I have McAfee Virus Scan & Personal Firewall installed and my Internet connection is via cable modem &#8230; I started having e-mail (Outlook) problems on Monday, McAfee would not allow Outlook to connect to the server & get my mail so I checked & deleted all e-mail directly from the cable company's website &#8230; I also loaded an update for my McAfee Personal Firewall &#8230; Now I can't connect to the Internet at all w/McAfee applications runni...

Re: Get observation in a variable column name #4
This is perfect, plus no nasty notes. I got this from Fernando after posting VVALUE. On Dec 5, 2007 7:30 AM, <fernandoedouardo.tenorio@fortis.com> wrote: > Hi, > > There is a small problem: I'm still on v8 ... > > Thanks. > > On Dec 5, 2007 3:51 PM, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@comcast.net> wrote: > Summary: Information in variable names > #iw-value=1 > > Fernando, > > You have a clasic problem of extracting data when some of the > information is held in variable names. In your case it is dates. > In addition to the VVALUEX solution ...

new in skill, help with simulate a transistor and get the data.
Hello all i am new in cadence and skill. I am very confused about skill. I try reading from the manuals but it's imposible and i cant take any skill courses due to my location. I need to simulate a transistor (using BSIM or ther model) , get the data (like voltages and currents) and create a graf (like I-V graf ) i have to create a scimatic for the transistor first or can i create it using skill? Does cadence have models like BSIM or do i have to use a technology for it? Can any one help me with an exaple code ? Thank you. Dear Prodroms, If your main concern is to make simple simulat...

merge two datasets by year and id and also get the data for the
Sport, This is a standard "Why you should learn SQL" application. data w ; input id year ; cards ; 1 1986 2 2000 3 1998 ; data q ; do id = 1 , 3, 4, 5 ; do year = 1985 to 2004 ; info + 1 ; output ; end ; end ; run ; proc sql ; create table t as select w.id , w.year as wyear, q.year , q.info from w left join q on w.id = q.id and w.year - 2 <= q.year <= w.year ; select * from t ; quit ; However, it is also easy with a traditional merge since one file is keyed by ID. data t ; merge w ( in = w re...

Anbody work on 5ESS?
Anybody here familiar with working with newer 5ESS systems? Specifically: Protocol handlers General system topology (how various bays talk to each other, what sits in which shelf, etc) Failure modes of various types of spares. If so, please drop me a line. I have a few simple questions to ask. ...

IDE[TexnicCenter]
I'm using the IDE TexnicCenter and almost every hour it crashes! It's happing with any of you? whould you guys recomend me another powerful embedded IDE? thank's Th�rsis wrote: > I'm using the IDE TexnicCenter and almost every hour it crashes! > It's happing with any of you? The last time I worked with TexnicCenter (quite a while back) it ran stable. > whould you guys recomend me another powerful embedded IDE? My favourite IDE under Windows is WinEdt (http://www.winedt.com/); it's shareware, though. Cheers, Chris -- E-Mail replies to: christoph[dot]st...

this did not work.
So I am trying to implement the following in DOM: document.write(str); I was wondering if the following would do it: document.createT=ADextNode(str); So I tryed it and it showed nothing. I was wondering what will. greenflame wrote: > So I am trying to implement the following in DOM: > > > document.write(str); > > > I was wondering if the following would do it: > > document.createT�extNode(str); > > So I tryed it and it showed nothing. truc = document.creaTextNode(str); create a node of text with 'str' as text and *nammed* 'truc&...

Exporting Mathematica 5.0 Notebooks to Latex for use in Miktex 2.6
Hi Ive been struggling to export my mathematica 5.0 notebook to LaTeX form for use in Miktex 2.6. When I try to save as special > latex , I get this error Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion '!"Expression written to link when FrontEnd was not expecting any expressions"' failed at KernelBackground.c:435", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred. I have browsed forums and i realize i have to change some font setting...

How to get the list of all my open file(descriptor)s and locks?
Hello list >From man 2 EXECVE "By default, file descriptors remain open across an execve()" And from man 2 FCNTL "Record locks are... preserved across an execve(2)." So the question: * If I execve a python script (from C), how can I retrieve the list of files, and optionally the list of locks, from within the execve(d) python process so that I can use them? Some more info: I'm working with exotic stuff like AIX and Solaris 10 (Windows and linux too :) and my lowest common denominator is python 2.3. >From a standalone test within the interpr...

How can I get INTeger from float
Folks, If I have a number that includes decimal points and I want to remove everything right of the decimal, how do I do it - I know I could explode using the point as a delimiter but that doesn't look legal. I've tried $t=1.532; $y=int($t); but that didn't work out for me... any ideas? thanks randelld Randell D. wrote: > If I have a number that includes decimal points and I want to remove > everything right of the decimal, how do I do it floor() "Dana" <Dana@nospamnexlab.it> wrote in message news:bijlfr$f5i$1@newsreader.mailgate.org... > Rand...

Re: Help with Shortcut keys in TeXnicCenter #2
I think I might stick with mhchem, but I still have the same generic Q about TeXnicCenter: Can I create a shortcut key for my own "command" or string? That is, Control-B inserts "\textbf{}" with the cursor between the brackets. Can I create a simple shortcut key to enter "\ce{}" in TeXnicCenter? How? I don't mind redefining an unused shortcut key (control-<key> or an F# key) (Tools > Customize > Keyboard), but I can't figure out how to entire a completely new string. Thank you. Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address o...

Madden2005: CONSTANTLY getting Offside Penalties after FINALLY seeemed to have gotten the controller issue "resolved".
I have no idea why I continue to support this series and manufacturer! I finally "resolved" my gamepad issues (note the quotes) and now, after being able to actually get past the coin toss in a real game, my team on every play is getting called for offsides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game is pathetic and defective, but no doubt it has or will get excellent reviews due to $$$$ And I am a Republican! I will NEVER buy another EA game again! -pw remove astericks (*) from e-mail address (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net) I think you have 2 controller...

Unable to connect to oracle db
I need the TSL script to connect to database. Thanks ...

Re: getting Windows file owners via SAS #3 659683
Dear SAS-L-ers, J posted the following: > I need to identify the owners (i.e., last modifiers) of all > the datasets in a folder. I don't know if it's possible via > SAS. I've looked in the dictionary tables VTABLE and > VMEMBER, but they only provide SAS attributes of the > datasets, not Windows attributes. > > We're running Windows SAS 9.1. > > I know we can get the information via a Visual Basic tool, > but it would eliminate a step if we can somehow build this > into a SAS program. > > Any ideas? > J, I have a boffo idea that h...

What exactly is Oracle9i Lite? Where do I get started using it?
All, Thanks in advance for any help. I am under the assumption that Oracle 9i Lite is comparable to Microsoft's MSDE product, which means that it would basically be a stripped down version of the Oracle database server which you can use for free. Is this correct? The 9i Lite documentation refers to it as a mobile server and seems to imply that it only works in conjunction with an existing Oracle installation. So I'm just trying to understand exactly what Oracle 9i Lite is. Is it a smaller, free or cheap database server OR is it application server level software? Wes ...

hacker gets unshackled ..
'Now the Government has cut off his electronic ankle bracelet, convicted hacker Adrian Lamo will offer his services as a security consultant' "I continue to believe that the security industry is dishonest, encourages exploit-coders to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt, and is not an ethical industry," http://tinyurl.com/2tc6y2 http://www.theage.com.au/news/security/cybercrime-leads-to-a-sense-of-security/2007/02/05/1170524024911.html ...

$30 to get a Pass4Sure to pass IBM Certification Exams
$30 to get a Pass4Sure to pass IBM Certification Exams http://www.pass4sure.co.in/IBM-index.html Pass4Sure.co.in is the leader in supplying certification candidates with current and up-to-date training materials for IBM Certification and Exam preparation. Our IBM resources are constantly being revised and updated for relevance and accuracy. Pass4Sure.co.in are constantly updating our IBM certification Exam resources, and guarantee what you get is the latest of IBM Certification Exam resources. Let us help you pass your any IBM certification exam. On Mar 2, 1:21=A0pm, "bluce...@g...

get integer type mxArrays
I have been trying to read in integer type (int8, int16 etc) arrays into C mex files. I am aware that you can use the following for double arrays: double *myDoubleArray myDoubleArray = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); However int *myDoubleArray myDoubleArray = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); is not a valid mex file input option. I would like to avoid reading in doubles and then converting the data into int types by expicit conversion (int). The goal of all this is to input a set of indices into the mex function for indexing other arrays. Thanks Nick "Nicolas " <hudson+matlab@caltech.edu> writ...

unable to use aliases in SELECT
Say I have the following table / rows: --------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE test ( stock_num VARCHAR(25) DEFAULT '', ordered INT(8) DEFAULT '0', received INT(8) NULL DEFAULT NULL ); INSERT INTO test VALUES ('a', 2, 4); INSERT INTO test (stock_num, ordered) VALUES ('a', 1); --------------------------------------- Now say that I try to run the following: --------------------------------------- SELECT stock_num, ordered - COALESCE(received, 0) AS subtotal, SUM(CASE WHEN subtotal < 0 THEN 0 ELSE subtotal END) AS total FROM t...