Text equation - multi-line text in equation environment

The problem: getting a version of the equation environment which
displays multi-line text, i.e. text in paragraph mode, rather than
having the content processed in math mode.

Following a tip at http://www.latex-project.org/ltnews/ltnews06.pdf
I've come up with the following new environment definition:

% TextEquation environment

\newenvironment{texteqn}%
{\begin{equation}%
\begin{minipage}[t]{0.9\linewidth}}%
{\end{minipage}%
\end{equation}%
\ignorespacesafterend}

My (small) improvement is to include the [t] option to the minipage
environment, to ensure that the equation numbering and the top of the
text match in their vertical alignments.

The minipage environment should allow, for example, list and enumerate
environments to be used within the text of the 'equation'.

I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of a better solution.

GHF

text-text

text + text

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Text under an equation
Hello, There is an equation in witch I would like to write something under the equality sign (=). I try this now with \substack{=\\P.I.} but then the equality sign is not in the right place. Any idea what latex I need to use? Regards On Apr 21, 1:45=A0pm, Passien Begoen <passien.beg...@invalid.com> wrote: > Hello, > > There is an equation in witch I would like to write something under the > equality sign (=3D). I try this now with \substack{=3D\\P.I.} but then th= e > equality sign is not in the right place. \substack (as the name implies and the documentation states) is for *sub*scripts. You want something like \stackrel, but which places an argument under the relation. The amsmath package provides \underset{P.I.}{=3D} Dan ...

Putting equation on a text line

text equation
I have the following text Cell[TextData[{ "\[CapitalEpsilon]\[Iota]\[Sigma]\[Alpha]\[Gamma]\[Omega]\[Gamma]\:03ae \[Sigma]\[Tau]\[Omicron] ", StyleBox["Mathematica", FontSlant->"Italic"], " " }], "Text"] It is a text expression whith Greek words. (the translation is: Introduction to Mathematica) However, I can't find how to make the greek characters not appear in italic format. Thanks in advance Dimitris dimitris schrieb: > I have the following text > > Cell[TextData[{ > > "...

text 2 text

Pages

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Making 2 lines of text in text()
Hi, I would like to add some text in a plot using text(). I am wondering what symbol should I add in the text so that it shows 2 lines of text in the textbox? Thanks, Alan Use the "\newline" tag for TeX/LaTeX t = text(1,1,'my\newlinetext'); Jeremy "Alan" <twaleung@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message news:ef4f1d3.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > I would like to add some text in a plot using text(). I am wondering > what symbol should I add in the text so that it shows 2 lines of text > in the textbox? > > Thanks, > >...

Pulling out lines of text from a text file
Hi everybody, I'm looking to write a Catalyst model to basically use a newline delimited database, so that each line of the text file corresponds to a datum. My question isn't about the module per se, but on smart algorithms to pull a single line of text from an arbitrary text file. I know the following would work: #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; print "Enter a file\n"; my $file = <STDIN>; print "Enter a number\n"; my $number = <STDIN>; my @array; open FILE, "$file"; while (<FILE>) { push @array; } close FILE; print $a...

Newby: how to transform text into lines of text
Hello, I'va read a text file into variable "a" a=open('FicheroTexto.txt','r') a.read() "a" contains all the lines of the text separated by '\n' characters. Now, I want to work with each line separately, without the '\n' character. How can I get variable "b" as a list of such lines? Thank you for your help vsoler schrieb: > Hello, > > I'va read a text file into variable "a" > > a=open('FicheroTexto.txt','r') > a.read() > > "a" contains a...

Mixing symbols and normal text in a line of text
Mixing symbols and normal text in a line of text: I have done a few hacks to get this going, but I was wondering if there was a "recognised" or "standard" way of having a line of text which includes normal ASCII and symbols like alpha beta gamma etc., I resume it means swapping fonts as you write.... Easy to use graphics effects: http://www.ransen.com/ In article <7ogst41sf3s7c2nan9lpfmm2dnkiscdfrc@4ax.com>, willy@wonker.com says... > Mixing symbols and normal text in a line of text: > > I have done a few hacks to get this going, but I was > wonderi...

How to create a text file having multiple line texts?
How can I create a text file from the following cell variable having characters, not numeric data? a{1} = '1st one' a{2} = '2nd one' In the created text file, I like to have '1st one' in the first line and '2nd one' in the second line. Thanks in advance "Wes" wrote in message <ihnk4n$ncg$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How can I create a text file from the following cell variable having characters, not numeric data? > a{1} = '1st one' > a{2} = '2nd one' > > In the created text file, I like to have '1s...

Overloading || ( text,text ) operator
Hi, I was trying to overload concat operator ||(text,text) such a way that it behaves like Oracle. i.e. I want 'abc' || null to return 'abc' instead of null. I know that it is not the expected behaviour in postgres, but since I am migrating the database from oracle to postgres , I need this behaviour. But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following error ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by the database system Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. Hence I cannot overload || (var...

Text Color in Copied Text
I use Mathematica for all my class notes, and occasionally copy things from code editors that use color to highlight different constructs. In an earlier version (probably 5.2) the color highlighting copied over when I pasted it into a Text cell, but now this doesn't happen - all b/w. I don't see any way around this. Any ideas? Thanks, Kevin ...

Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)
Dear Sir, I have a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to text ( Ansi ) by command Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp ...

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Text in images to a text file
Hello, Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up on a web site but as text. Darren <bobblebob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151612491.407262.124690@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com > Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in > images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend > to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up > on a web site but as text....

Web resources about - Text equation - multi-line text in equation environment - comp.text.tex

Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is juicing bad for you and the environment?
Juicing is bad for your health and for the earth.

How airconditioners are helping the environment
The environment has an unlikely ally in the fight to reduce energy consumption.

Environment Canada downgrades snow forecast for Windsor-Essex
A special weather statement is still in effect for Windsor and Essex County, but Environment Canada is downgrading the amount of snow forecast ...

Trudeau: Environment Shouldn't Be A Topic For Political Fights 155
"The choice between pipelines and wind turbines is a false one."

LA methane leak is 2nd biggest in US history, most damaging to the environment
... 2004 in Moss Bluff, Texas , when an underground natural gas storage facility collapsed. Depressingly, the researchers suggested that the environmental ...

How to improve security in a BYOD enterprise environment
... with IT control over the device and stored data, etc. Educate employees about the risks when working outside the company’s protected environment ...

There Are 14 House Democrats And 3 Senate Dems Who The GOP Counts On To Vote With Them Against The Environment ...
A dozen Republicans have better environmental voting records than corporate whore Collin Peterson The League of Conservation Voters has released ...

How to easily raise $11.5 million in a bad startup funding environment, according to the CEO of Bustle ...
The digital media boom may not be over just yet. Bustle, a media startup focused on creating content for millennial women, has raised $11.5 ...

Republican Presidential Frontrunners Extremely Anti-Environment/Health
The top contenders for the Republican presidential nomination have repeatedly indicated extreme anti-environmental policy preferences, demonstrating ...