Text under an equation

Hello,

There is an equation in witch I would like to write something under the
equality sign (=). I try this now with \substack{=\\P.I.} but then the
equality sign is not in the right place.

Any idea what latex I need to use?

Regards

On Apr 21, 1:45=A0pm, Passien Begoen <passien.beg...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is an equation in witch I would like to write something under the
> equality sign (=3D). I try this now with \substack{=3D\\P.I.} but then th=
> equality sign is not in the right place.

\substack (as the name implies and the documentation states) is for
*sub*scripts. You want something like \stackrel, but which places
an argument under the relation. The amsmath package provides
\underset{P.I.}{=3D}

Dan
0
luecking (1319)

text + text

text-text

Text equation
The problem: getting a version of the equation environment which displays multi-line text, i.e. text in paragraph mode, rather than having the content processed in math mode. Following a tip at http://www.latex-project.org/ltnews/ltnews06.pdf I've come up with the following new environment definition: % TextEquation environment \newenvironment{texteqn}% {\begin{equation}% \begin{minipage}[t]{0.9\linewidth}}% {\end{minipage}% \end{equation}% \ignorespacesafterend} My (small) improvement is to include the [t] option to the minipage environment, to ensure that the equation numbering and t...

Pages

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

text 2 text

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Flowing text around text
Hi all, Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed piece of text with colored background? Something like: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | ...

Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)
Dear Sir, I have a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to text ( Ansi ) by command Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp ...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me...

Overloading || ( text,text ) operator
Hi, I was trying to overload concat operator ||(text,text) such a way that it behaves like Oracle. i.e. I want 'abc' || null to return 'abc' instead of null. I know that it is not the expected behaviour in postgres, but since I am migrating the database from oracle to postgres , I need this behaviour. But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following error ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by the database system Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. Hence I cannot overload || (var...

text in a widget, text-widget
hello i have an application with a couple of text widgets but i would like to add some functionalities that at first and second sight are not directly supported by the plain text widget itself - ? for example i would like certain lines of text within the textwidget to take different background colors according to certain parameters also i would like to be able to detect certain sentences or words that would become 'links' and by clicking them i would open up different windows any suggestions to solutions and widgets for the above problems ? - i probably could...

Text in images to a text file
Hello, Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up on a web site but as text. Darren <bobblebob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151612491.407262.124690@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com > Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in > images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend > to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up > on a web site but as text....

\pubid text overlaps with text
Hello, While using the IEEEtrans file, I put the \pubid{0000--0000/00\$00.00~\copyright~2005} before the \maketitle as directed. However, the body of the text over laps with the pubid text. What I am doing wrong? Thanks. ...

rich text in text field

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

Text IN an Image To Straight Text?
Hi. (I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm trying a few newsgroups) I have some .jpg's of text documents. Is there a utility which will work like OCR in a scanner, helping to convert the text WITHIN the image to straight text? I don't have a printer working at the moment, or I'd print the .jpg's and then scan them using OCR. (The format doesn't necessarily have to be .jpg) Thanks in advance for any help GP Yes, if the image is not to bad a pic (not much noise and all that). Try http://www.twocows.com/windows.html I know they have a couple of ocr programs s...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Text Color in Copied Text
I use Mathematica for all my class notes, and occasionally copy things from code editors that use color to highlight different constructs. In an earlier version (probably 5.2) the color highlighting copied over when I pasted it into a Text cell, but now this doesn't happen - all b/w. I don't see any way around this. Any ideas? Thanks, Kevin ...

text file not mac text
please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. I remember 'forked files' but no details...... Is there a II utilty to 'convert' a mac text file to acceptable II ascii text? thanks. cornelio <cornelio@san.rr.com> wrote: > please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII > text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. > I remember 'forked files' but no details...... > > Is there a II utilty to '...

Web resources about - Text under an equation - comp.text.tex

Equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an equation is a formula of the form A = B , where A and B are expressions that may contain one or several variables called ...

UNSW research finds happy people do not live longer when ill health is removed from equation
Research investigated the conventional wisdom that happier people lived longer, and found there was much more to the story.

An equation that debunks conspiracy theories
... Grimes decided to try to create a mathematical measure for just how stupidly implausible that idea is—a sort of conspiracy probability equation. ...

Joe Biden and the Cold Equations
Looking at @FoxNews @BillKristol & @WSJ takes on Biden non-run, gotta wonder: Was it all an elaborate practical joke at GOP media's expense? ...

Community is king: a simple equation
... has been for some time. But what is community? Community, from the perspective of marketing and especially social media marketing, is an equation: ...

How to solve the STEM gender equality equation
It's common knowledge that women are underrepresented in STEM careers. What's less clear is what businesses can do to better attract and retain ...

Math whizzes recalculate beer-foaming equation
Just in time for St. Patty's, mathematicians from Ireland figure out how to put a better, cheaper head on your Guinness.

Page Thirty Three launches Tactile Equations homeware line
Australian design brand Page Thirty Three has released homeware collection Tactile Equations, which requires owners to 'complete' objects themselves ...

The Surprise Equation: Low Carb + Gluten-Free = Better Bread
Next time you dine out at a restaurant that serves a free breadbasket, watch the people around you. You’ll see some of your fellow diners eye ...

The People Equation in Shifting to a Customer-Obsessed Business
It's not news that the digitally-empowered customer is changing our world. What is news is (1) the pace needed to catch-up to an extremely dynamic ...