thicker \hline before firsthead of longtable

I tried the following

----
\begin{longtable}{| l || r | r | r | c |}
\myhline
Name&Exam1&Exam2&Exam3&Grade\\
\myhline
Jack&12& 28&33&C \\
\hline
Paul&49& 35&60&B  \\
\hline
Michael&76& 38&59&A  \\
\myhline
\end{longtable}
----

with the following definition of \myhline :

\newdimen\arrayruleHwidth
 \setlength{\arrayruleHwidth}{1.5pt}
  \makeatletter
\def\myhline{%
  \noalign{\LT@sep}%
  \multispan\LT@cols
     \unskip\leaders\hrule\@height\arrayruleHwidth\hfill\cr
  \noalign{\penalty\@M}%
  \@gtempa}
\makeatother

(from  the longtable.sty  after  modification):

Now \myhline seems to work in longtable except the first \myhline
(before the first head).

When I use \myhline before the first head  I get the following message :
----
Overfull \hbox (0.93033pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 325--325
[]|\T1/cmr/m/n/12 Time
[7]
! Undefined control sequence.
\myhline ->\noalign {\LT@sep
                           }\multispan \LT@cols \unskip \leaders \hrule \@he...
l.373 \myhline

?
---

When I use \hline\myhline before the first head it works:
----
\begin{longtable}{| l || r | r | r | c |}
\hline
\myhline

Name&Exam1&Exam2&Exam3&Grade\\

\myhline

Jack&12& 28&33&C \\

-----

But how to modify the definition of \myhline to get
it working before the first head of longtable?

TIA

Jan
0
mch2048 (14)

mch2048@yahoo.com (jan)  schrieb:

> But how to modify the definition of \myhline to get
> it working before the first head of longtable?

You can use booktabs, and read the documentation about using to much
vertical lines.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{longtable,booktabs}

\begin{document}
\begin{longtable}{| l || r | r | r | c |}
\toprule
Name&Exam1&Exam2&Exam3&Grade\\
\midrule
Jack&12& 28&33&C \\
\hline
Paul&49& 35&60&B  \\
\hline
Michael&76& 38&59&A  \\
\bottomrule
\end{longtable}

or use a command along the lines of
\newcommand{\myhline}{\noalign{\global\arrayrulewidth1cm}\hline
    	    	    	    \noalign{\global\arrayrulewidth1pt}}

or

\setlength{\doublerulesep}{0pt}
\newcommand{\myhline}{\hline\hline\hline}

--
Ulrike Fischer
e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen.

Displaying thicker lines on an image
I have been using edge detection algorithms, so i end up with an image with= values of 255 on the lines defining the edges, and zeros everywhere else. = However, when I display the image, the lines don't show up well, so for d= isplay purposes I want to make the lines thicker. If I had created th= e lines with the PLOT command, I would adjust the THICK keyword. But fo= r an image I think I need an algorithm that will identify neighboring pixel= s to the existing lines. Thanks, --Wayne wlandsman writes: > I have been using edge detection algorithms, so i end up with an ...

Thin hlines in tables
How do I create a variant of \hline called \thinhline which is identical to \hline except has a half-thickness line? Thanks for any help. -- Professor Edward M. Reingold Email: reingold@iit.edu Chairman, Department of Computer Science Voice: (312) 567-3309 Illinois Institute of Technology Assistant: (312) 567-5152 Stuart Building Fax: (312) 567-5067 10 West 31st Street, Suite 236 Chicago, IL 60616-3729 U.S.A. * Edward M. Reingold (2003-12-04) writes: > How do I create a variant of \hline called \thinhline which is identical ...

\includeonly clashing with longtable (I think)
Hello, I am writing a book in LaTeX and compilation takes *forever*. At some point I plan to post a question about profiling because I don't know how exactly to profile LaTeX and identify and fix performance issues. (It might be the listings package, the book is code-heavy with lots of inline and snippet code). Anyhow, to curb compilation times I thought I'd use the \includeonly feature, so I wrote something like: \documentclass[showtrims,10pt]{memoir} .... \includeonly{titlepages,copyrightpage,preface,chapter04} \begin{document} \frontmatter \include{titlepages} \include{co...

Longtable/tabular diferences
Hi all. I'm facing a little problem when using longtable once I have writen some tables using tabular. The problem is with the lines between rows. When using tabular I set: \hline \hline and I get two lines very near. However when setting with longtable I get only one and thicker. How can I do to have two when using longtable? TA. George <george.news@NOSPAMgmx.net> schrieb: > Hi all. > > I'm facing a little problem when using longtable once I have writen > some tables using tabular. > > The problem is with the lines between rows. When using tabular ...

thicker lines in contour plots
hopefully an easy one: i want to overlay some contours on a contour plot with thicker contours - for example what to do if i want the zero contour to be thicker (and thus stand out better)? appreciate any advice, cheers j Jamie wrote: > hopefully an easy one: > > i want to overlay some contours on a contour plot with thicker > contours - for example what to do if i want the zero contour to be > thicker (and thus stand out better)? Each contour line is a separate line or patch object, so if you can determine which of the handles that CONTOUR returns corresponds to ...

A thicker binding for Lapack
There is a complete thin binding for lapack available which was evidently started by Wasu Chaopanon in about 1996 and was recently finished by Nasser Abbasi. There about 1000 subroutines; their parameter signatures exactly translate the Fortran, and each procedure is Pragma Imported. I've been considering adding value to that binding to address two perceived problems: The specification involving the integer index used for matrix types is inconsistent between the binding and Ada.Numerics.Generic_Real_Arrays. The binding declares that type because the user's code must compl...

table: need extra vspace after \hline
In the table code below, I am formatting matrices in the first column, in transposed form (^\mathsf{T}) to save vertical space. In my .pdf output the top of the superscript T sits on top of the \hline above it, and so is concealed. How can I add a bit of vertical space (without interrupting the vertical rules) at the places marked '%% need extra vspace here'? \documentclass{article} \usepackage{bm} % for bold math vectors/matrices \newcommand*{\vec}[1]{\ensuremath{\bm{#1}}} \newcommand*{\mat}[1]{\ensuremath{\bm{#1}}} \newcommand{\trans}{\ensuremath{^\...

Thicker points
Hi all, This is very similar to a thread earlier this morning. I'm plotting a whole bunch of points, as points (psym = 3). Together, all these points make up a straight line, but there are aribtrary gaps in the lines. i.e. y = something x = where(mask eq 1, nx) if nx gt 0 then oplot, x, replicate(y, nx), ps = 3 But my collaborator would like thicker lines...which I can do for everything in my plot *except* the points above. setting !p.symsize = 50, or whatever, doesn't seem to help for plotting with periods. Does anyone know how to make thicker "points"? I guess I c...

<<Table in theorem problem: superscripts touch the first hline>>
I think it describes very concisely. I like some solution like this: I add a little to baselineskip? or subtract baselineskip from a fake line &&\\[-\baselineskip+0.5mm] but even with calc it does not workx?? Why is it soo? David Stolarczyk ...

Thicker line in ParametricPlot3D?
Is there a "normal" way to adjust the line thickness in ParametricPlot3D? In mere ParametricPlot, I can give the line thickness in options: ParametricPlot[{t, t^2}, {t, 0, 1}, PlotStyle -> Thickness[0.02]] In 3D, this is almost the same: ParametricPlot3D[{t, t^2, t^3}, {t, 0, 1}] except that ParametricPlot3D does not allow the option PlotStyle (gives an error for unknown option). I can adjust the line thickness by doing it like this: fig = ParametricPlot3D[{t, t^2, t^3}, {t, 0, 1}]; fig[[1]] = Prepend[fig[[1]], Thickness[0.02]]; Show[fig] ...

printing on thicker medium
I use a canon i3000 to print on a thick sugar wafer (with food coloring) for cakes. I would like to set the printhead back to handle the extra thickness, but I don't know how. epratzel@earthlink.net wrote: > I use a canon i3000 to print on a thick sugar wafer (with food > coloring) for cakes. I would like to set the printhead back to handle > the extra thickness, but I don't know how. > For once in your life RTFM. The manual tells me how to adjust the printhead, but it doesn't tell me which settings, the +(plus) settings or the -(minus) settings, will ...

Thicker lines in VRML
Hi Folks, I need to draw lines with varying thickness using VRML, meaning some should look bold and some lean. Is it possible to do that? If yes, how to do that? I am not finding thickness option for index line set. Any clue would be of help. Thanks, Vasanth In article <c276d624-1e6b-4464-9ff6- 794b804a4ced@33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, pvasanthkumar@gmail.com () wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I need to draw lines with varying thickness using VRML, meaning > some should look bold and some lean. Is it possible to do that? If > yes, how to do that? I ...

thicker \hline before firsthead of longtable
I tried the following ---- \begin{longtable}{| l || r | r | r | c |} \myhline Name&Exam1&Exam2&Exam3&Grade\\ \myhline Jack&12& 28&33&C \\ \hline Paul&49& 35&60&B \\ \hline Michael&76& 38&59&A \\ \myhline \end{longtable} ---- with the following definition of \myhline : \newdimen\arrayruleHwidth \setlength{\arrayruleHwidth}{1.5pt} \makeatletter \def\myhline{% \noalign{\LT@sep}% \multispan\LT@cols \unskip\leaders\hrule\@height\arrayruleHwidth\hfill\cr \noalign{\penalty\@M}% \@gtempa} \makeatother (from the ...

How to fix the width of a longtable last column?
Hi All, I have this longtable and the problem is the width of the last column is much bigger than the other ones with many white spaces. How to get it just wide as the text inside it as the other columns? I have tried (among many) to use |p{2cm}| to fix the width of the last column but in vain. Thanks! \begin{longtable}{|c|c|c|c|c|c|} \caption[]{Available lux at lat. 71-75$^\circ$ (N/S)} \label{tab:tab71_75} \\ \hline \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{\textbf{\%}} & \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{\textbf{71$^o$}} & \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{\textbf{72$^o$}} & \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{\textbf{73$^o$}} & \mul...

Tex4ht: configuration of hline in tabular
Hi, Is it possible to configure tabular in tex4ht so that empty \hline are not translated to <hr> but disregarded? Thank you -steeve >Is it possible to configure tabular in tex4ht so that empty \hline are >not translated to <hr> but disregarded? What are empty \hline's? can you provide a miniature sample latex file illustrating the problem. -eitan %%%%%%%%%%%% .tex code for tabular \begin{center} \begin{tabular}{|l|c|} \hline 1 & 2 \\ \hline A & B\\ \hline \end{tabular} \end{center} %%%%%%%%%%%% END .tex code for tabular %%%%%%%%%%%% Actual H...

how to make line thicker in table
Hello everyone :-) , I am facing a small problem with increasing the thickness of a line in a table in Latex. It'll be great if someone could please provide me with a pointer. I looked at the search results from this group but didn't find my exact problem. I am more or less a newbie and can't figure this out. I have a table \begin{table*}[htdp] \caption{Correlation between JAAL-net (Jnet) and JAAL-pop (Jpop)} \begin{center} \begin{tabular}{|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|} \hline Safe:0&\multicolumn{2}{c|}{80000}&\multicolumn{2}{c|}{All initial}& \multic...

thicker lines in EPS output
Hi all! I'm exporting to EPS however the lines are really thin (you can barely seen them). Making them thicker in the drawing didn't seem to help. Any ideas on how I can make them show up thicker in the exported EPS image? I am using ACAD 2002 Thanks so much. Diego Andres ...

hline question
Hi, First of all, I'd like to thank Peter Flynn and all other guys offering guidance via the group to me, a latex newbie. Peter's book is wonderful. Now I got into the latex world, and enjoy what I have created. Got a question: I have a 5-column table with a few h-lines. I like one of the h-lines a bit shorter, only range from columns 1 to 4, not the 5th. I tried \hline{1-4}, but not working. Advise please. Thanks much in advance. Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, First of all, I'd like to thank Peter Flynn and all other guys offering > guidance via the group to me, a lat...

Thicker lines around some cells in tabular
I would like to have thicker lines around the 'e' in the following example. How could I do it? \documentclass{article} \begin{document} \renewcommand{\arraystretch}{1.5} \begin{tabular}{|ccc|} \hline a & b & c \\ \cline{2-2} \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{c} & \multicolumn{1}{c|}{e} & f \\ \cline{2-2} g & h & i \\ \hline \end{tabular} \end{document} In article <1175179662.322335.23050@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, martin.chicoine@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to have thicker lines around the 'e' in the following > example. How...

Printing on thicker media
I've been using a fairly old but reliable HP Deskjet 980cxi to print greeting cards and business cards, using thick material (up to 300 gsm.) The rollers which feed the media have now worn away and I've had problems with cards slipping and not feeding through. It doesn't look as though I can get replacement rollers (or any other spare parts, for that matter) and I'm now looking for a replacement printer which will cope with thick media. Most of my stuff is black and white, so a laser would be a possibility, but colour would be a useful addition. I nearly always p...

Thicker line weights with sp4.0?
Hello, I've noticed that the lineweights are heavier since upgrading to sp4.0. I do my drawings in Shaded with Visible Edges, printed as High Quality. I haven't checked the other display types, but it sure makes the drawings look tacky. It seems like it's only doing this on our large format plotter, but it didn't do it before. Also, I checked the line weights, and they haven't changed. Anyone else seen this or have suggestions? Thanks, Craig FDI, Inc. ...

longtable, row height
How can I decrease row height in table created with longtable, when I'm decreasing fonts in row, the height of all row, isn't changing. ...

problem with \hline
when i build my latex document it appears this error message: ! Misplaced \noalign \hline -> \noalign in my document it has just a \vspace tag before and after the \hline tag, like: \begin{document} .... text .... \vspace{20 mm} \hline \vspace{15 mm} text .... \end{document} what is it? Th�rsis <thatupiso@gmail.com> wrote: > when i build my latex document it appears this error message: > > ! Misplaced \noalign > \hline -> \noalign > > in my document it has just a \vspace tag before and after the \hline > tag, like: > > \begin{document} > ...

thicker \hline after firsthead and head in longtable (tabular)
How to get instead \hline\hline just \emph{one THICKER than other \hline} in the following table (actually I use longtable instead tabular): ---- \begin{tabular}{| l || r | r | r | c |} \hline Name&Exam1&Exam2&Exam3&Grade\\ \hline\hline Jack&12& 28&33&C \\ \hline Paul&49& 35&60&B \\ \hline Michael&76& 38&59&A \\ \hline \end{tabular} ---- When I use the following definition of \myhline --- \newdimen\myarrayrulewidth \setlength{\arrayruleHwidth}{3pt} \makeatletter \def\myhline{% \noalign{\ifnum0=`}\fi\hrul...

[Q] marking in longtable (actually, LTXtable) ?
Hi ! I have problems with \markboth and \markright: they don't seem to work inside longtables, especially in multicolumn text. Prefixing with \global has no effect. Is there a way around this ? Thanks. -- Didier Verna, didier@lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire Tel.+33 (1) 44 08 01 85 94276 Le Kremlin-Bic�tre, France Fax.+33 (1) 53 14 59 22 didier@xemacs.org ...