trouble with beamer: pgfcore.sty not found.

I was trying to get beamer working. I *think* I followed all directions but
seem to be stuck somewhere!

When I test with `pdflatex generic-ornate-15min-45min.en.tex` it gives me
an error.

! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found.

Now I do have pgf. A locate shows:

/home/foouser/test/latex/beamer/pgfcore.sty
/home/foouser/texmf/tex/generic/pgf/latex/pgf/basiclayer/pgfcore.sty

What might I be doing wrong? Any clues or tests I can run?

--
Rahul
0

Rahul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in

> I was trying to get beamer working. I *think* I followed all
> directions but seem to be stuck somewhere!

My bad. Needed a texhash. Now it all works. Sorry.

--
Rahul
0

beamer
Hi I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them. I installed MikTeX with beamer package. I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command pdflatex bt.tex I got a complain ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found. I found one such file on the internet, but I do not know where I shall save it. Can some one please tell? thank you bird wrote: > I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them. > I installed MikTeX with beamer package. > I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command > > pdflatex bt.tex > >...

Trouble with viewable ascii text in text files...
Trying to input ascii codes such as A..B..C..etc into a file Then read that file and shift each Ascii char by a multiple like *2 or *3...Then take the new string and output to yet another file as my encoded/encrypted file. Then reading that file and converting back to the original string. Problem is many ascii chars are unreadable in a text file and simple truncate to ???????? making it impossible to reverse the numbers or text. Should I be using some kind of encoding of the ascii before outputing to the 1st file? If so, could one of you explain how to encode ascii to ___? and a way to reverse the process Back To ASCII in a file? I'm lost....thanks Robert Blass wrote: > Problem is many ascii chars are unreadable in a text file and simple > truncate to ???????? making it impossible to reverse the numbers or > text. Nope, that doesn't happen. Your program has an error. Either you're talking about the 2nd file, because if you multiply ASCII by an integer you'll surely get something unreadable back, or you've just plain messed up. If you're trying to read the second file, then use bytes (or ints) so you can read binary. Please post an SSCCE that shows the problem. On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:52:26 -0400, Robert Blass <blame@messenger.xcx> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >rying to input ascii codes such as A..B..C..etc into a file >Then read that file and shift each Ascii char by a multiple like *2...

Highlighting found words or portions of text in a text field
On a given record of an FMP6 base with a text field, is there a way to highlight all the occurrences of the search word or words. Say, like in the FMP Help. I seem to recall there was a plugin or a technique to do that, but which and where ? Thanks. Remi-Noel Remi-Noel I did once implement the technique, but can't remember all details. I do remember it was a b*tch to work with. It involved a field for each color you need. and a couple of intermediate fields. All these fields have to be on a layout, all the color attributes have to set AND there has to be always some text insid...

text + text

Text Troubles
I'm trying to create files with text on a colored background, but the fonts are distorted. Here's what I'm doing New Image Background Color (could be anything) Text entry created as vector Styles: No stroke, just fill, no textures I click OK and in it goes to layer one and it looks lousy. The same lousy look happens when I paste the text on a new vector layer and try to merge. The help menus haven't been helpful... I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks. Did you click the antialias box on? If no, then the text will have sharp-blocky edges. Only think I can think of. HJ ...

Text Troubles
I'm trying to create files with text on a colored background, but the fonts are distorted. Here's what I'm doing New Image Background Color (could be anything) Text entry created as vector Styles: No stroke, just fill, no textures I click OK and in it goes to layer one and it looks lousy. The same lousy look happens when I paste the text on a new vector layer and try to merge. The help menus haven't been helpful... I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks. Did you click the antialias box on? If no, then the text will have sharp-blocky edges. Only think I can think of. HJ ...

Beamer trouble again
After installing beamer, pgf, xcolor locally in my home texmf directory, I tried: pdflatex beamerexample1.tex After several lines of messages, I got the following message and a broken pdf: (/home/cheetanc/texmf/tex/latex/beamer/base/beamerbaseboxes.sty ! Missing number, treated as zero. <to be read again> r l.300 ...{beamerstructure}{averagebackgroundcolor} ? Looks like trouble with beamerbaseboxes.sty Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance. Senthil. "C.G.Senthilkumar." <cheetanc@pc4...

incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX
Hello Mr Oberdiek, 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd defined after the end of the input. Your packages generally starts with: \TMP@EnsureCode... \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax (or \noexpand\@undefined). 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the file stack contain some information) but if you: \input intcalc.sty\relax in a LaTeX document you get either: LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `', but the package provides `intcalc'. Or: ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble. The fact that each line conciensciously end with % makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere... But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design. Best regards. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd > defined after the end of the input. > > Your packages generally starts with: > \TMP@EnsureCode... > \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } > > May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax > (or \noexpand\@undefined). I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define `\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least. > 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible > to know if a...

text-text

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

RE: [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: Serialize wxList - Found word(s) list error in the Text body
Hi Jorgen your approach is modelled along the MFC serialization idea, the approach = I mentioned is based on the XTI metadata provided for an object. So the = streaming itself is not coded anymore, but the metadata for a new class = is. The streaming process now iterates over the attributes, processes = callbacks that avoid streaming out undesired attributes (eg x and y in a = sizer dialog), suppresses default values etc. This also means that the = streaming in survives missing attributes, as long as they are either not = mandatory params for ::Create or have a default value. B...

Troubles with Intermedia Text
I try to execute the following statements in Sql Plus Worksheet : CREATE INDEX IDX_ATTACHMENTS ON ATTACHMENTS(FILECONTENT) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT; I have the following errors: ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine ORA-20000: interMedia Text error: DRG-11422: linguistic initialization failed DRG-00100: internal error, arguments : [52100],[drxs.c],[553],[gxtopen],[1] DRG-11208: ORACLE_HOME is not set ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126 ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 78 ORA-06512: at line 1 What's wrong ? I have in...

trouble with uiimport and text
Hello all. When importing an excel file into a structure using uiimport, MATLAB correctly imports numerical data but misnames the column headers and fails to import columns text data. My code was: DF=uiimport('Filename.xls') This opens the GUI. I then select the radio button 'Create vectors from each column using column names.' If the excel file only contains a header row and columns of numerical data, the import works. If one or more rows contain text, they are imported as NaNs. Are there any alternative approaches to this import? Many thanks. Jeff ...

Trouble with text output
I am constructing a 5-bit multiplier, and am having a great deal of difficulty getting my outputs to display onscreen during my testbench. I had *thought* that the following is correct: architecture bit5_signed_multiplier_testbench_arch of bit5_signed_multiplier_testbench is component bit5_signed_multiplier -- big irrelevent port list end component; signal t_multd, t_multr: unsigned(4 downto 0) := "00000"; signal t_go : std_logic := '0'; signal t_Z: unsigned(9 downto 0) := "0000000000"; begin TestMult: bit5_signed_multiplier port map (t_multd, t_multr, t_go,...

beamer: translator.sty?
The beamer package includes base\beamerbasetheorems.sty with the line: \IfFileExists{translator.sty}{\RequirePackage{translator}}{} However, translator.sty is not part of the beamer distribution. Is this file available someplace? Alternatively, how are the names for theorem-like objects supposed to be translated when using beamer? I can't find anything in the documentation. Thanks. George Pearson MacKichan Software, Inc. ...

Trouble with alg.sty
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --------------enigBF44FCBBE01CBE0F20CF4991 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I am typesetting some pseudocode algorithms with alg.sty. It has spacing problems. Anybody have any idea how to solve this? Below is a not entirely but almost minimal example. There are several things to note here: - warnings are outputted regarding the labels defined by \alglabel, that they are not defined, however, they seem to be. - the margins are messed up. This definitely has to do with \al...

listings.sty and beamer

Trouble displaying text
I often receive mail in rmail (emacs 21.4.1) that seems to substitute extended characters for plain ASCII. In previous emacs setups, I don't recall anything quite like this. What kind of notation or coding is being used here? How might I display the text legibly? ----------------- Subject: =?windows-1251?B?wuD4IOfg6uDnIOIg4ejr/P/w5O3u7CDo7fLl8O3l8i3s4OPg5+jt5SBLUw==?=X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180 .... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_FD1C195C.A69D87F9 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPar...

Text Tool trouble
Hi, Is there any way to make the text tool 'just work' ? I've had success with it the past but today have been 2-3 hours getting nowhere. It's either the wrong (multi) colour, or disappears. I've played around with style and textures but it just gets worse ! I just want solid black text. Any help apperciated. Have also rebooted PSP and Windows to no effect. Thanks - Kirk "kirkm" <removethiskirkm@xtra.co.nzremovethistoo> wrote in message news:8392p1diuvdqmsise5go33dvdisqcpiaqd@4ax.com... > Hi, > > Is there any way to make the text tool 'j...

trouble formatting text
Hi, I'm having trouble using the proper terminology, so bear with me, I am trying to submit text to a mysql database. I want to be able to allow formatting of this content (like breaking it up into paragraphs). I am sending the data to the server via ajax, and so escape the characters. When I read back the information on my news page, all of the formatting is gone. Do I need to unescape the charachters somehow using javascript or php? Any help is appreciated Rozzy <rozmaha@gmail.com> wrote in news:50f642c7-8efd-4e4b-8234- c4fc752bb8d2@21g2000hsj.googlegroups.com: > Hi, I'm...

Trouble with text BackgroundColor
Hello everybody, I am experiencing some strange behaviour regarding the BackgroundColor of text-objects. The DrawSomeBars function below takes four input arguments which specify the heights, widths (ranges) and colors of bars which are to be drawn in a figure. I am doing this because the bars have different widths. It also places texts that correspond to the bars. These texts all get a black edgecolor and a white backgroundcolor. Finally the function prints the figure in a png file Everything works fine until I rearrange the texts in the figure (using the-"edit plot"-arrow...

sty files not found
I've juste migrated from tetex-2.0.2-21.7.FC3 to tetex-3.0-9.FC4 and I have a lot of trouble with sty files: - psfig.sty do not exist anymore in tetex-3 - landscape.sty could not be found by latex, even if it exists in /usr/share/texmf/ptex/platex209/landscape.sty. I'v tryed to run the 'texhash' command has suggested in a post founded with google but it do not help. I've put the tetex-2 version of psfig.sty and landscape.sty in my current directory to successfuly compile my document but I need a global solution for all the users. Thanks for you help Patrick Patr...

Beamer: hyphenate text
Is there a way to get the beamer package to hyphenate text, in paticular in a block? Dieter Kilsch ...

beamer and kvoptions.sty
Hello. I just recently installed beamer using the WinEdt package manager. I started running some of the sample file. Some ran fine. Some give me the error: `kvoprions.sty' not found. But, I have this file, and I thought it was properly placed by the package manager. The package manager seems to put everything else in the right place. It put this in: C:\texmf\tex\latex\oberdiek . LaTex manages to find everything else in C:\texmf\tex\latex . Do I need to do something special to get it to find files in the new oberdiek sub-directory? Thank you for your help. adam "Adam"...

Web resources about - trouble with beamer: pgfcore.sty not found. - comp.text.tex

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The key issues at stake were the constitutional status of Northern Ireland and the relationship between its two main communities. Unionists and ...

Ultimate Bubble Trouble Shooter Game - Play Free Fun Kids Puzzle Games on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ultimate Bubble Trouble Shooter Game - Play Free Fun Kids Puzzle Games on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Double Trouble - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Dawn Huczek's photos on Flickr. Dawn Huczek has uploaded 935 photos to Flickr.

Romney's False New Ad's A Sure Sign He Knows He's In Trouble In Ohio - YouTube
Romney's False New Ad's A Sure Sign He Knows He's In Trouble In Ohio - YouTube

Banks Place Canadian Oil Companies On Watch List, In Early Warning Sign Of Trouble 18
CIBC, RBC, Scotia each added nine oil firms to their watch lists. The companies' names are secret.

I Want To Put A Baby In You: Triplets Trouble
Please welcome new columnist Ellen Trachman, who will be writing about Assisted Reproductive Technology aka “ART” law.

Takata's troubles could be opportunity for Chinese company
Filed under: Earnings/Financials , Plants/Manufacturing , Safety , China , Technology Takata scandal is a "heaven-sent opportunity" for Joyson, ...

Traditional brick-and-mortar banks may be in trouble
The BI Intelligence Content Marketing Team covers news & research we think you would find valuable. More millennials are moving toward digital ...

Strategist: The trouble with EM rally
EM equities are outperforming this year, but the trend could be short lived, Geoff Dennis says.

Kanye the software pirate? These apps could help his money troubles
Hip-hop star Kanye West is mocked for revealing Pirate Bay downloads in his browser tabs. Can he not afford music editing software? A few new ...