Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) has occurred while \output is active

Hi,

I got the error Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) has occurred while
\output is active, and indeed, the vertical whitespace in that page is
unusually stretched.  It seems to be caused by the parskip package.

As is mentioned in the package, a better solution is to be found in
artikel3 of the ntg classes, but I found it too complicated to read through.

Does anybody have a quick-and-dirty solution how I can get this fixed?
The problem is probably that there is a new section (the bibliography)
at the bottom of the page, which wants to get to the next page.  It is
difficult to construct a minimal example, as then the problem does not
occur.

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

Hendrik Maryns schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I got the error Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) has occurred while
> \output is active, and indeed, the vertical whitespace in that page is
> unusually stretched.  It seems to be caused by the parskip package.
>
> As is mentioned in the package, a better solution is to be found in
> artikel3 of the ntg classes, but I found it too complicated to read
> through.
>
> Does anybody have a quick-and-dirty solution how I can get this fixed?
> The problem is probably that there is a new section (the bibliography)
> at the bottom of the page, which wants to get to the next page.  It is
> difficult to construct a minimal example, as then the problem does not
> occur.

I found a way around, indeed by looking into the ntg class, and it is to
increase the minus factor of parskip a little bit.  In my case,
..3baselineskip did it.

\parskip=0.5\baselineskip \advance\parskip by 0pt plus 2pt

artikel3 does the slightly cleaner (more LaTeX-like I mean)
\setlength\parskip{.5\baselineskip \@plus .1\baselineskip \@minus
..1\baselineskip}

This inspired me to do
\setlength\parskip{.5\baselineskip