Where art dvipdf?

In trying out the new movie15.sty package, I found that
the dvipdf driver works properly while dvipdfm does not.

I then found that my MiKTeX distribution did not include
the dvipdf driver (I used dvipdf on my Sun/Solaris box).
Additionally, I could not find it on CTAN. Is this driver
being discontinued? Any idea on where I can get one for
Windows?
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications

On 16 Sep 2004 09:36:12 -0400, Randy Yates
<randy.yates@sonyericsson.com> wrote:

>In trying out the new movie15.sty package, I found that
>the dvipdf driver works properly while dvipdfm does not.
>
>I then found that my MiKTeX distribution did not include
>the dvipdf driver (I used dvipdf on my Sun/Solaris box).
>Additionally, I could not find it on CTAN. Is this driver
>being discontinued? Any idea on where I can get one for
>Windows?

Dvipdf is (AFAIK) not "well defined", but is rather (where it exists at
all) a script that runs dvips (to produce .ps) and then ghostscript to
produce pdf. Assuming one has ghostscript properly installed, it is
roughly the equivalent of runing dvips on a .dvi file followed by
running the batch file ps2pdf (from GS) on the resulting .ps file.

Dan

--
Dan Luecking                     Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas           Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> writes:

> On 16 Sep 2004 09:36:12 -0400, Randy Yates
> <randy.yates@sonyericsson.com> wrote:
>
> >In trying out the new movie15.sty package, I found that
> >the dvipdf driver works properly while dvipdfm does not.
> >
> >I then found that my MiKTeX distribution did not include
> >the dvipdf driver (I used dvipdf on my Sun/Solaris box).
> >Additionally, I could not find it on CTAN. Is this driver
> >being discontinued? Any idea on where I can get one for
> >Windows?
>
> Dvipdf is (AFAIK) not "well defined", but is rather (where it exists at
> all) a script that runs dvips (to produce .ps) and then ghostscript to
> produce pdf. Assuming one has ghostscript properly installed, it is
> roughly the equivalent of runing dvips on a .dvi file followed by
> running the batch file ps2pdf (from GS) on the resulting .ps file.

Either I'd forgotten that or never knew it. Thanks Dan.

Is it correct to infer, then, that dvips is the standard driver for
performing back-end \special stuff (like this movie15 stuff)?

Or is there some standard \special API that allows general objects to
be embedded in the dvi stream? That is, not just postscript or pdf
related items (such as this multimedia object stuff), but anything in
general? If so, where is this defined? I'd be curious to have a look
at it.
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
randy.yates@sonyericsson.com, 919-472-1124
0
randy.yates (608)
9/16/2004 3:51:24 PM
On 16 Sep 2004 11:51:24 -0400, Randy Yates
<randy.yates@sonyericsson.com> wrote:

>Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> writes:
>
>> On 16 Sep 2004 09:36:12 -0400, Randy Yates
>> <randy.yates@sonyericsson.com> wrote:
>>
>> >In trying out the new movie15.sty package, I found that
>> >the dvipdf driver works properly while dvipdfm does not.
>> >
>> >I then found that my MiKTeX distribution did not include
>> >the dvipdf driver (I used dvipdf on my Sun/Solaris box).
>> >Additionally, I could not find it on CTAN. Is this driver
>> >being discontinued? Any idea on where I can get one for
>> >Windows?
>>
>> Dvipdf is (AFAIK) not "well defined", but is rather (where it exists at
>> all) a script that runs dvips (to produce .ps) and then ghostscript to
>> produce pdf. Assuming one has ghostscript properly installed, it is
>> roughly the equivalent of runing dvips on a .dvi file followed by
>> running the batch file ps2pdf (from GS) on the resulting .ps file.
>
>Either I'd forgotten that or never knew it. Thanks Dan.

I should point out that I said AFAIK (as far as I know). I deduced this
from three observations (and so I could be wrong). One is that MiKTeX
and fpTeX don't contain dvipdf as a program, another is that some
editor/shells have a dvipdf buttom that works absent and dvipdf program,
an a third is that the only man page I've ever seen for dvipdf says:

DVIPDF(1)                         Ghostscript
NAME
       dvipdf - Convert TeX DVI file to PDF using ghostscript and dvips

SYNOPSIS
       dvipdf [ options ] input.dvi [ output.pdf ] ...

DESCRIPTION
       This  script  invokes dvips(1) with the -q option, and pipes its
       output into gs(1) with the following options:
            -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
       as well as -sOutputFile and any options from the command-line.

SEE ALSO
       gs(1), dvips(1)

Still, in the mid-90's there was talk of an actual dvi driver program
by that name and some articles that compare it to dvips+distiller
(articles old enough that using GS wasn't an option). So it is
conceivable an actual program exists on some system.

Dan

--
Dan Luecking                     Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas           Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
To reply by email, change Look-In-Sig to luecking
0
Look-In-Sig (1094)
9/16/2004 6:29:50 PM
Dan Luecking wrote:
> On 16 Sep 2004 11:51:24 -0400, Randy Yates
> <randy.yates@sonyericsson.com> wrote:
> >Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> writes:
> >> Dvipdf is (AFAIK) not "well defined", but is rather (where it exists at
> >> all) a script that runs dvips (to produce .ps) and then ghostscript to
> >> produce pdf. Assuming one has ghostscript properly installed, it is
> >> roughly the equivalent of runing dvips on a .dvi file followed by
> >> running the batch file ps2pdf (from GS) on the resulting .ps file.
> >
> >Either I'd forgotten that or never knew it. Thanks Dan.
>
> I should point out that I said AFAIK (as far as I know). I deduced this
> from three observations (and so I could be wrong).
[...]

For whatever it's worth, dvipdf in my Cygwin teTeX installation is
simply the following script (which I've put as a quotation so that my
newsreader won't line-wrap it.  I imagine that a simple cut-and-paste of
it (with the quote-marks taken out) would work fine on any system with
sh, dvips, and gs installed.

- Brooks

> #!/bin/sh
> # $Id: dvipdf,v 1.2 2001/06/22 16:09:22 lpd Exp $
> # Convert DVI to PDF.
> #
> # Please contact Andrew Ford <A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk> with any questions
> # about this file.
> #
> # Based on ps2pdf
>
> OPTIONS=""
> while true
> do
>         case "$1" in
>         -*) OPTIONS="$OPTIONS $1" ;;
>         *)  break ;;
>         esac
>         shift
> done
>
> if [ $# -lt 1 -o $# -gt 2 ]; then
>         echo "Usage: `basename $0` [options...] input.dvi [output.pdf]" 1>&2
>         exit 1
> fi
>
> infile=$1;
>
> if [ $# -eq 1 ]
> then
>         case "${infile}" in
>           *.dvi)        base=`basename "${infile}" .dvi` ;;
>           *)            base=`basename "${infile}"` ;;
>         esac
>         outfile="${base}".pdf
> else
>         outfile=$2
> fi
>
> # We have to include the options twice because -I only takes effect if it
> # appears before other options.
> exec dvips -q -f "$infile" | gs $OPTIONS -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="$outfile" $OPTIONS -c .setpdfwrite -

bmoses-nospam (1266)
9/16/2004 7:29:21 PM
 Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> writes:
>On 16 Sep 2004 11:51:24 -0400, Randy Yates
>[...]
>>Dan Luecking <Look-In-Sig@uark.edu> writes:
>>> Dvipdf is (AFAIK) not "well defined", but is rather (where it exists at
>>> all) a script that runs dvips (to produce .ps) and then ghostscript to
>>> produce pdf.
>
>I should point out that I said AFAIK (as far as I know). I deduced this
>from three observations (and so I could be wrong). One is that MiKTeX
>and fpTeX don't contain dvipdf as a program, another is that some
>editor/shells have a dvipdf buttom that works absent and dvipdf program,
>an a third is that the only man page I've ever seen for dvipdf says:

some long time back there was a dvipdf program written by sergey
lesenko, that showed some promise.  there were at least two papers at
tug conferences (here's one:
http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb18-3/tb56lese.pdf), but for all
its early promise i don't believe anything was ever released onto the
street.  (unless it's been bundled up into bakoma tex in a way not
obvious to the outside world.)

and then mark wicks needed a dvi->pdf translator, and wrote one
(apparently) in next to no time flat.  so we stopped being irritated
that dvipdf _still_ hadn't appeared, and no-one even remembers it now.
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
0

text-text

text + text

Text Art
I've always wanted to write a program to translate images into text art. So I finally did. TextArt is available at http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=406 2&objectType=FILE -Aj (you'll need a fixed-width font to view this sample Matlab Logo properly) ~&DE7 %A&D|+K| %&*ED=(AE7 %&%e#K|+K#E+ %+~~=AEDAeeDK#| ~%%AKKEE#DADAeA##| %K|,+DEEEEEE#DKDDDKK##| %e+==(+++-2EE##EEKAADDDAD#E7 |&7==|||++++*E#EE#DAKDDeAKADE7 ...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Type-written text to TeX?
Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. I tried gocr, which was useless, and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science to understand and use. Also, is there a program to abstract the images from the PDF file? I've written a little Java program to do this, but would prefer to use a kosher application. -- Timothy Murphy e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366 s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland Timothy Murphy wrote: > Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material > already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) > There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. > > Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? > I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. > > I tried gocr, which was useless, > and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, > although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science > to understand and use. I have once (April 2001) reviewed several OCR solutions for UNIX, see http://tinyurl.com/54xdu ...

Converting pain text to TeX
Hi, I am trying to convert a plain text file to TeX format. For this I wrote a awk script to convert double quotes to the correct type in TeX, as in #!/usr/bin/awk -f # DQ2TQ : Converts double qoutes in plaint text file to TeX format # USAGE # dq2tq filename > newfilename BEGIN { count = 0 } /"/ { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {if (count % 2 == 0) {sub(/"/,"``",$i);count++} else {sub(/"/,"''",$i);count++}} } { print } However this does not seem to work right. Given the following input : " " " " &...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

text 2 text

Placing art behind text
A designer is taking a job that was set up for Quark and moving it to LaTeX. There are several eps-style art boxes that she placed behind text to simulate text sitting inside a box. The way she makes it cross pages is to place, say, the top half of the art at the bottom of the page with some text, and a duplicate piece of art showing the lower half of the box, at the top of the next page. Is there a package that can be used in LaTeX to simulate this? Hopefully, I'm explaining it correctly. Thanks in advance. Mike Wile wrote: > A designer is taking a job that was set up for Quark and moving it to LaTeX. > There are several eps-style art boxes that she placed behind text to > simulate text sitting inside a box. > > The way she makes it cross pages is to place, say, the top half of the art > at the bottom of the page with some text, and a duplicate piece of art > showing the lower half of the box, at the top of the next page. > > Is there a package that can be used in LaTeX to simulate this? Hopefully, > I'm explaining it correctly. Thanks in advance. See if any of the packages listed at http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=abspos help you do what you want. -- Scott in article 596vd2F2jpsgrU1@mid.individual.net, Scott Pakin at scott+ctt@pakin.org wrote on 4/24/07 2:08 PM: > Mike Wile wrote: >> A designer is taking a job that was set up for Quark and moving it to LaTeX. >> There are several eps-style art box...

Text-wrapping and mathematics
I'm interested in combining text-wrapping with mathematics. I'm looking for examples of books that have both a) substantial mathematical content b) text wrapping around figures For (b) I mean pages like this, where 'x' is text and 'i' is illustration. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii xxxxxxxxx iiiiiiiiii I'm interested in knowing something of the 'state of the art'. One book that has something of this is "Oceanography: an invitation to marine sciences" by Tom Garrison, ISBN 0-534-37557-X It's math content is low to medium. I found it in the Open University library. Jonathan Jonathan Fine schrieb: > I'm interested in combining text-wrapping with mathematics. > > I'm looking for examples of books that have both > a) substantial mathematical content e.g. http://www.nearestshop.com/3540662707.html and related books in the field of fluid mechanics. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0442211716/qid=1090423849/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-5457230-1050232 Tom On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:41:29 +0100, Jonathan Fine <J.Fine@open.ac.uk> wrote: > I'm interested in combining text-wrapping with mathematics. > > I'm looking for examples of books that have both > a) substantial ...

TeX-Interpreter for static text(GUI)!
Hello everybody! I've got the problem that when I type LaTeX-orders like V_{DS} or $V_{DS} $ a.s.o. as strings in static text, this orders are not converted. How can I manage, that my LaTeX-orders are interpreted! Thank you very much! Thomas ...

change text color with TeX support?
All Consider the string involving greek letters to appear in a plot title made with the command: SetaEL='\fontsize{14}{\eta}\fontsize{10}EL\fontsize{10}=' when used in a title argument, the string SetaEL plots like: etaEL= except that eta will be the actual greek letter of course. This works! BUT THE COLOR ID DEFAULT IS BLACK. THE QUESTION: How to change my SetaEL command useing TeX syntax, so it is say red? Thanks in advance....tony Could you be a little more specific? If you want the whole title to be in red (or any other color), I don't think you need to...

Un-compress text and line-art?
When creating a PDF via Distiller, there's an option on the Compression tab named "Compress Text and Line Art". (Or at least there was in V5; it seems to be missing in V8, though I've discovered you can still set it by manually editing the joboptions file). If I leave this option un-checked, I get a PDF that's got the text in uncompressed form, so that you can actually read the text in a text editor. I won't bore you with the details of why that's important to me, but it is. However, I now have a PDF that someone else has supplied, and the text is compress...

State of the Art text-to-speech for Windows?
What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times... Thanks! srp336@getcoactive.com schrieb: > What's the best packages for text-to-speech for Windows? I've got > TextAloud 2, but I'm having some trouble with it. The speech I get from > it has an unnatural rhythm to it at times... Try ATT Natural Voices http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/ They also offer an online demo. Try it! The best I heard so far. /dirk <srp336@getcoac...

free TeX-aware text editor for Windows
Syn http://syn.sourceforge.net/ Hadn't seen this noted here previously and it's not listed at http://home.nexgo.de/itsfd/texwin.htm (just sent them a note on that). Doesn't support handwriting recognition on my pen slate (still using WinTeXShell for that), but otherwise very serviceable. William -- William Adams http://members.aol.com/willadams Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. willadams@aol.com (William F. Adams) wrote in message news:<20040214144824.18962.00002250@mb-m28.aol.com>... > Syn > > http://syn.sourceforge.net/ > > Hadn't seen this noted here previously and it's not listed at > http://home.nexgo.de/itsfd/texwin.htm (just sent them a note on that). Doesn't > support handwriting recognition on my pen slate (still using WinTeXShell for > that), but otherwise very serviceable. > > William I am finding TeXnicCenter very serviceable for Latex. http://www.toolscenter.org/products/texniccenter/ It supports project management and scans your MikTex installation for Yap, GV, pdftricks etc. It compiles pdfs created with pstricks very elegantly. Laurie ...

HELP: Need text output for a .tex document
I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> Postscript). It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things like center and the list environment. Im sure that this is possible, its just been SO long since I had to do anything like this. Please, someone, how do I do this. -- Reg.Clemens reg@dwf.com Reg Clemens wrote: > I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to > get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> Postscript). > > It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things like > center and the list environment. > > Im sure that this is possible, its just been SO long since I had to > do anything like this. > > Please, someone, how do I do this. > convert to ps/pdf and extract the text using gsview/acrobat. note, you'll probably need to do some manual corrections. On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Reg Clemens wrote: > I have a simple document here (actually a Resume) for which I need to > get a TEXT equivalent of the output (rather than the normal dvi -> > Postscript). > > It is of type article and doesnt do anything exciting, just uses things > like center and the list environment. > > Im sure that this is possible, its just b...

Convert TeX to normal text (stripping macros)
Hi all, Does anyone know a good way to strip a TeX file from its macros in order to run grammar checking from LangauageTool on it? Please also see this bug report for Language Tool: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2880449&group_id=110216&atid=655717 A Java implementation would be preferred since Language Tool is in Java so it runs platform independently. Thanks, Pander On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 03:39:01 -0700 (PDT), Pander wrote: > Does anyone know a good way to strip a TeX file from its macros I suggest you use one of the tools that convert from dvi/postscript/pdf to text: dvi2tty pstotext pdftotext That is, analyze the output, not the input to (La)TeX. Bob T. ...

using TeX characters in a GUI text box
I am trying to use a TeX character such as the Greek letter mu in a GUI textbox, but I cannot get this to work. If I try to set the 'string' property for the GUI object using '\mu' this just displays '\mu'. Is there a way I can use the 'text' command as you would for a figure to put Greek letters into GUI objects? "Sean Larkin" <slarkin71278@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message <gk37he$t7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way I can put Greek letters into GUI objects? I don't know for sure, but you might be able to do this using ...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

State of Art Text Categorization methods
Hi, I'm doing some research on state of arts methods used in Text Categorization, and I could easily get access to comparative results of classification but *not* to the computational costs involved.. (or at least, not for all methods). I have googled for some days, but I am still not sure of the computational costs (training / classification) of: -Linear SVM -RBFNN -Bayes Net -Naive Bayes If someone could give me some informations (also simply pointing to some significative urls) it would be much appreciated, cause in the articles that I read I did not find all that I wanted. Thanks a lot -- bye Alessio ...

Web resources about - Where art dvipdf? - comp.text.tex

Device independent file format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unlike the TeX markup files used to generate them, DVI files are not intended to be human-readable ; they consist of binary data describing the ...

Calendário Compacto Brasil
skip to main - skip to sidebar Random me Some random thoughts and (vaguely) interesting things I see or do. Tuesday, November 23, 2010 Uso há ...

Interview: Donald E. Knuth
This week, Advogato had the pleasure and honor of interviewing Prof. Donald E. Knuth. He is the author of the TeX typesetting system as well ...

Language most spoken on Twitter
skip to main - skip to sidebar Random me Some random thoughts and (vaguely) interesting things I see or do. Wednesday, September 10, 2008 I got ...