Can't figure out why this GPX-file doesn't validate...

I'm collection GPS-waypoints in the GPX-format =
(http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp) which is XML.
This example file validates in XMLSpy:

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"UTF-8" standalone=3D"yes"?>
<gpx xmlns:xsd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version=3D"1.1" =
creator=3D"XMLSpy 2005" =
xsi:schemaLocation=3D"http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 =
http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1">
<wpt lat=3D"-16.81233333" lon=3D"-67.84916667">
		<name>HAYRA</name>
		<desc>Cerro Hayra Kkollu</desc>
</wpt>
</gpx>

In the documentation of the GPX-format I found that one can add an =
elevation-value <ele>...</ele> to the waypoint (see: =
http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/index.htm#type_wptType), but when I do,=
 like so:

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"UTF-8" standalone=3D"yes"?>
<gpx xmlns:xsd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version=3D"1.1" =
creator=3D"XMLSpy 2005" =
xsi:schemaLocation=3D"http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 =
http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1">
<wpt lat=3D"-16.81233333" lon=3D"-67.84916667">
	<name>HAYRA</name>
	<desc>Cerro Hayra Kkollu</desc>
	<ele>3704</ele>=09
</wpt>
</gpx>

It doesn't validate! XMLSpy gives this error: "Unexpected element 'ele' =
in element 'wpt'. Expected: src, link, sym, type, fix, sat, hdop, vdop, =
pdop, ageofdgpsdata, dgpsid, extensions". I can't figure out what is =
wrong here, maybe you gurus know what is wrong here??

TIA!

Rinus.
0
digirini (3)

Rinus Luijmes wrote:
> I'm collection GPS-waypoints in the GPX-format (http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp) which is XML.
> This example file validates in XMLSpy:

> <gpx xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.1" creator="XMLSpy 2005" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1">
> <wpt lat="-16.81233333" lon="-67.84916667">
> 		<name>HAYRA</name>
> 		<desc>Cerro Hayra Kkollu</desc>
> </wpt>
> </gpx>
>
> In the documentation of the GPX-format I found that one can add an elevation-value <ele>...</ele> to the waypoint (see: http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/index.htm#type_wptType), but when I do, like so:

> <gpx xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.1" creator="XMLSpy 2005" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1">
> <wpt lat="-16.81233333" lon="-67.84916667">
> 	<name>HAYRA</name>
> 	<desc>Cerro Hayra Kkollu</desc>
> 	<ele>3704</ele>
> </wpt>
> </gpx>
>
> It doesn't validate! XMLSpy gives this error: "Unexpected element 'ele' in element 'wpt'. Expected: src,
> link,sym, type, fix, sat, hdop, vdop, pdop, ageofdgpsdata, dgpsid, extensions". I can't figure out what
> is wrong here, maybe you gurus know what is wrong here??

The elements are in the wrong order.  Follow the order listed in the

For further help, join the GPX developers forum (link at
http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp)

--
Dan Foster
TopoGrafix

How to determine whether a file doesn't exist or doesn't have enough permissions
Hello everone, I am stuck in determining whether a file does not exist or does not have enough permissions so that access to this file is denied?". I am using java.io.File.exists() or java.io.File.canRead() methods to check this but both of them just return false in both above mentioned cases. In the documentation however its mentioned that these method throw SecurityException - If a security manager exists and its SecurityManager.checkRead(java.lang.String) method denies read access to the file. But then problem is to write a security manager which denies read access if the file does not...

why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size?
why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size? entrepreneur schrieb: > why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's > of large size? A search engine cannot distinguish between files that are stored physically on a webserver and answers that are generated on the fly, like by scripts. It's a simple exercise to generate a cgi script that generates a list of some million random words, even non-stop-words. So the programmers of a search engine must apply different strategies to hand...

Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file
Hello, Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my pointer about. Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. Thanks!! Anthony Anthony wrote: ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Yosemite: Can't add a space (+ doesn't work)
Can't add a new space with Mission Control. CTRL-up-arrow works, thence "+" should allow adding a space - but doesn't= =2E Full screen Fusion 7 does go into a new space (or one per VM) and=20 CTRL-left/right arrows works for that. But not "+" a space. I restored the default shortcuts to be sure. No change. --=20 << Among Broad Outlines, conception is far more pleasurable than =93carrying [the children] to fruition.=94 Sadly, =93there=92s a high infant mortality rate among Broad Outlines=97they often fall prey to Nonstarters.=94 ...

Yosemite: Can't add a space (+ doesn't work)
Can't add a new space with Mission Control. CTRL-up-arrow works, thence "+" should allow adding a space - but doesn't= =2E Full screen Fusion 7 does go into a new space (or one per VM) and=20 CTRL-left/right arrows works for that. But not "+" a space. I restored the default shortcuts to be sure. No change. --=20 << Among Broad Outlines, conception is far more pleasurable than =93carrying [the children] to fruition.=94 Sadly, =93there=92s a high infant mortality rate among Broad Outlines=97they often fall prey to Nonstarters.=94 ...

Can't Forward
Using Lotus Notes 6, I'm getting an error message whenever I try to forward a message. This is only 1 of 5 installations that this is occuring on. Any ideas? The error message simply states, "Body Field Does Not Exist" os similar wording. Thanks in advance.... Jenny Normally an error when you forward but otherwise is OK is caused by the mail fiel reference in the User's location document being wrong. eg: mail\bill.nsf instead of mail\BillGates.nsf The error you recall may well be different though. John Aylmer "Jennk" <jennnk40@hotma...

Just Can't Figure why I Don't Have Mac Customers
Just can't figure it out. I followed Real Software's play book all the way. First develope software for the Macintosh and sell exclusively for the Mac platform. Don't actually bother fixing a large number bugs in the program at once - instead spread bug fixing out over aperiod of time so many people requiring such fixes will have to upgrade multiple times. Then constantly add features; they need not work or not, just so people are suckered into buying - you can alwasy generate further revenue by offering fixes to the new features in future releases. Use funds derived fr...

I don't see why the pipe program doesn't show up on ps when it 'hangs'
I commented out the waitpid() in the following pipe program.. [cdalten@localhost oakland]$ more pip3.c #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { pid_t pid; char line[BUFSIZ]; int fd[2]; char string[] = "hello world\n"; ssize_t n; if (pipe(fd) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "pipe error\n"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } if ((pid=fork()) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "fork error\n"); } else if (pid > 0) { close(fd[0]); printf(&qu...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

can't open 'm file'
when i open 'file-> new-> m-file' this message.... 'Failed to open editor. Load of Java classes failed.' what is it? what is wrong with my computer~~ ninaki wrote: > when i open 'file-> new-> m-file' > > this message.... > > 'Failed to open editor. Load of Java classes failed.' > > what is it? what is wrong with my computer~~ I'm going to assume you're using some version of Windows. I know this is trite, but have you tried exiting MATLAB, restarting Windows, and then restarting MATLAB? Bob Pownall i did it.. ...

'file mkdir' doesn't fail
Hi all, from the 'file mkdir' man page: If an existing directory is specified, then no action is taken and no error is returned. Why is this so? AFAIK mkdir is guaranteed to be atomic and exclusive even for root, which makes it ideal to create lock files (dirs). Shouldn't 'file mkdir dirname' throw an error when 'dirname' exists? Best regards Ulrich -- For those of you who don't get this e-mail, let me know and I'll re-send it. Ulrich Schoebel <ulrich.schoebel@tclers.tk> wrote: # Hi all, # # from the 'file mkdir' man page: # # If an existing directory is specified, # then no action is taken and no error is returned. # # Why is this so? AFAIK mkdir is guaranteed to be atomic and # exclusive even for root, which makes it ideal to create lock # files (dirs). Shouldn't 'file mkdir dirname' throw an error # when 'dirname' exists? Because most people use mkdir to make directories rather than locks? I want the directory to exist when the command completes. Why bitch and whine if the postcondition is also the precondition and the command doesn't have to do anything? If you want to make a lock, why not just create a lock command? And then you can hide the implementation, whether a mkdir or open O_EXCL or fcntl locks (unix) or open read exclusive (mac os 9) or whatever else delights you. Those who want a lock now have an explicit lock command that clear syntax and semantics, and...

Can't Dell build a server that doesn't go up in Smoke?
WinWeasel trumpets how great Dell is and now this, servers going up in smoke. Can't those folks get servers right? Even the xServe beats them on price/performance. http://tinyurl.com/2cvdu "Dell is replacing faulty motherboards in one of its discontinued rack-mounted server models because of a risk they will overheat, generate smoke and then die" "Dell said the problem occurs because certain motherboards have a faulty inductor " What's more likely the issue is the quality of the inductor, compromised by the price cutting that Dell is famous for. Now it comes home to roost. When you drive the costs down there comes a point where something has to give, and that's quality of the part. What possible weaseling could johnny come up with on this? Pratt-fall can't chime in and say it's old news either. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" Jim Polaski wrote: > WinWeasel trumpets how great Dell is and now this, servers going up in > smoke. Can't those folks get servers right? Even the xServe beats them > on price/performance. > > http://tinyurl.com/2cvdu > > "Dell is replacing faulty motherboards in one of its discontinued > rack-mounted server models because of a risk they will overheat, > generate smoke and then die" > > "Dell said the problem occurs because certain motherboards have ...

ODBC doesn't support stored procedures? This can't be true
In Chip Irek's "A PRIMER ON USING DB2 WITH .NET" (www.15seconds.com), he states that "...ODBC doesn't support DB2 stored procedures. So if you are building an application heavily dependant on stored procedures, you need to eliminate ODBC as your access method and consider OleDb or the managed provider." Mr Irek is an IBM Architect with Global Services and according to the article, someone with .NET experience. Now, I'd ask Mr Irek this question myself, but my email comes back undeliverable. Does he mean this for just for .NET applications? This ca...

WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn'
On Nov 1, 1:17 pm, fl...@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.modems/msg/a81b0db05ef8396d : > "Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluceg...@excite.com> wrote: > > >Hi: > > >Is it physically possible to for dial-up internet > >connection to reach a speed of 1 Gbps by using a baud of > >1-symbol-per-second [to conserve bandwidth] but > >1-billion-bits-per-symbol? > > >Each symbol carries a billion bits bits but with only 1 baud. > > >bps = baud X number of bits per...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Not can't; won't
Ok, looks like I fibbed about my kiss-off being my last post. I couldn't resist reading the responses via the Google archive to my kiss-off. I'm not subscribed and this really will be my last post, because I'll have said what can/should be said. I feel a need to disabuse the Linux bigots of a few points: - I was doing Linux kernel 0.99 when a number of you hadn't discovered girls yet. Others of you, before you first got laid. - I remembered /etc/fstab from my ancient days. Editing /etc/inittab just to get a NVIDIA driver installed was tedious, not difficult. - I c...

Can't move dialog boxes, close button doesn't work
What would prevent a dialog box from being movable and the close button from working? A little background: I ported an old, pure windows API application (ie. no MFC, OWL) from Borland 5.0 to VC++ 6.0. All dialogs used to work fine in Borland. Now in VC6 some work but others have the above symptoms. Some are also transparent, that is they lost their frame and titlebar and the controls float above the background. The application runs under 98 as well as XP with the same problem. I spied the window styles and they appear to be the same in working and non-working dialogs. Spying t...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

M$ can't create an OS that doesn't get sick from viruses
Read and weep Win### http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-testing-fix-for-windows-phone-sms-bug-desktop-software-not-immune-29204989/ ...

py2exe service doesn't work, can't connect to service controller ?
I'm trying to get a simple service to work with py2exe and python 2.3 I get this error when I start it (after registering it) The description for Event ID ( 240 ) in Source ( UMXWIN32SVC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 1063, The service process could not connect to the service controller.. I then tried the sample MyService and I get the same problem. After building it, I then register it then try to start it, but it f...

Web resources about - Can't figure out why this GPX-file doesn't validate... - comp.text.xml