editor for editing xml text nodes

We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in
some xml structures.

These documents need to be translated by human translators from English
into, for example, Chinese.

We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the
text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to
the text content.

The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that
it is guaranteed that the xml-tags are unchanged when the translator
returns the translated document.

The translator simply replaces all English text accessible to him into
Chinese text.

Does anyone know an xml editing tool which has this feature, of allowing
only modification to the text node content?

Alois Zreindl wrote:
> We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in
> some xml structures.
>
> These documents need to be translated by human translators from English
> into, for example, Chinese.
>
> We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the
> text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to
> the text content.

I am working on exactly this right now. It leaves the elements in
element content inviolable, but allows element markup in mixed content
(the only thing a translator should be touching).

Please contact me by email to discuss this further.

> The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that
> it is guaranteed that the xml-tags are unchanged when the translator
> returns the translated document.
>
> The translator simply replaces all English text accessible to him into
> Chinese text.
>
> Does anyone know an xml editing tool which has this feature, of allowing
> only modification to the text node content?

The only translation tool I came across was the CITEC Translation Editor
for SGML, which displayed the source in the top half of the screen and
the target in the bottom half, but it did allow changes to the
structure. It died before XML was born.

///Peter
0
Peter

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

XML Richt Text Editor
Hi Everyone, I have on a webpage a rich text editor like found here : http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm This editor saves all the text in HTML, would it be possible to have such an editor and save it as XML? If this is possible does anyone have any information on how to do this? Maybe a link to such an editor? Thanks! Regards, Steven > This editor saves all the text in HTML, would it be possible to have such an > editor and save it as XML? Sure. I believe the Open Office tools use XML for their file format, to take one example. -- Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden ...

DocBook XML and text editors
Hello, I wonder whether docbook is still regarded as one of the most appropriate tools for authoring software documentation such as user manuals under Linux and other operating systems or whether some people have other preferences. An up to date docbook manual describing the latest changes of docbook can be found at the following site: http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html Particularly interesting is the section entitled II. Reference which lists all XML elements which may appear inside a DocBook XML application. Perhaps XML's popularity may even boost usage of DocBook among use...

extracting text from an XML node

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

text-text

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

Text Editor for HTML, XML, etc
I'm teaching a Web course next semester for non-technical students but wish to have them do some hand coding at the beginning. So I need a free editor for my students to use. I'm pretty well set with notepad++ for windows (but will listen to reason if someone has a better suggestion). I'm looking at textwrangler and smultron for OS X. Should I consider something else? I usually use bbedit in class but it's not reasonable to saddle students who will probably have little use for a text editor outside of this class with an additional hundred dollar expenditure. dick ...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and th...

XML Schema for Node with attribute and text
I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node everywhere. <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param> How do i arrange a complex type that contains an attribute and a text. This : <xs:complexType name="Param"> <xs:attribute name="name" /> </xs:complexType> Result as : <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2" line="3086" resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML Schema/test.xml">element Param must be empty but is not</invalid> This : <xs:complexType name="Param"> <xs:all> <xs:element name="text" type="xs:string" /> </xs:all> <xs:attribute name="name" /> </xs:complexType> Result as : <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2.3" line="3086" resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML Schema/test.xml">text not allowed: |ABCD|</invalid> I just dont know where to add the unnamed <xs:element ... > tag. Anyone can help me figure this out? Thx In article <de3c2ad2.0311281339.e74b69b@posting.google.com>, Simon Vaillancourt <svaillancourt@mediagrif.com> wrote: % I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node % everywhere. % % <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param> % % How do...

xml text management and edition software
Hi, I have seen xml databases, I have seen xml editors, but I have never seen an editors simply querying the database for helping writing or for storing documents. What I am looking for is a software with some parsing and storing language: 0) a side of the screen for making queries, a side for editing: a double click on a query result inserts the xml fragment in the current document 1) I type a bibliography in a "bib" tag in some document: while saving the document, the software indexes the bibliography, so that it can then be added to the bibliography queries on autho...

Text Editor with XML Output in C#
Hi All, I have agreed to develop a text editor for a special purpose for my company. The editor shall be able to highlight text to indicate special text blocks. The highlighting shall be available to mark different types of text blocks. These text blocks shall be saved then as an XML-Element. I do not want to develop everything from scratch. I am rather looking for components (modules, classes - have to be all free of charge) that I could use in my project. Where can I find knowledge about programming an editor of that kind? What modules or classes could I use to solve my ...

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

text + text

converting a document node and children into xml text
is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) into an XML text. i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it to re-create the tree. thx. jman, google grouper, wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > into an XML text. Yes. Traverse the DOM node subtree and output XML accordingly. > i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it > to re-create the tree. Why? jman wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > ...

How to retrieve XML CDATA text contents by org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2?
For example I have a XML tag <script> <![CDATA[ My script is here ]]> </script> I am using org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2 to parse my XML file. How do I retrieve my script contents? What shall I do in these two methods? @Override public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName, Attributes attributes) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { // How to retrieve my script contents? } } @Override public void endElement(String uri, String localName, String qName) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { ...

Call a Edit text from Edit text in another gui ?
PhatHienLSB.m function PushMo_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) % hObject handle to PushMo (see GCBO) % eventdata reserved - to be defined in a future version of MATLAB % handles structure with handles and user data (see GUIDATA) [filename, pathname] = uigetfile( ... { '*.bmp','BMP (*.bmp)'; ... '*.png','PNG(*.png)'; ... '*.jpg', 'JPG (*.jpg)'; ... '*.*', 'All Files (*.*)'}, ... 'Moi ban chon tep anh'); set(handles.Edit1,'String',[filename,pathname]); TachTin.m function TachThongDiep_OpeningFcn(hObject, eventdata, handles, varargin) % This function has no output args, see OutputFcn. % hObject handle to figure % eventdata reserved - to be defined in a future version of MATLAB % handles structure with handles and user data (see GUIDATA) % varargin command line arguments to TachThongDiep (see VARARGIN) % Choose default command line output for TachThongDiep handles.output = hObject; filename=get(handles.PhatHienLSB.Edit1,'String'); set(handles.Edit2,'String','filename'); % Update handles structure guidata(hObject, handles); ...

[ANN] New XML Text Editor in Visual Studio
Announcing: New XML Text Editor in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 contains a completely new XML Text Editor, built on top of the core text editor provided by Visual Studio. It is entirely written in C# and leverages all the cool stuff provided by the System.Xml ..NET assembly. The XML editor provides support for editing XML and DTD content, including special support for XSD and XSL and includes the following handy features: a.. Full syntax coloring for all XML and DTD syntax. b.. Well formedness checking while you type, with red squiggles and error list. c.. Intellisense based on any DTD, XDR and XSD schemas. d.. Validation-while-you-type with blue squiggles and error list. e.. Auto-completion of namespace declarations, end tags and attribute value quotes. f.. Support for xsi:schemaLocation and xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attributes. g.. Schema picker dialog for overriding schemas used for validation, which is then remembered as a document property in your solution. h.. Schema cache for commonly used schemas with standard set provided out of the box. You can easily add your own schemas here or edit the existing ones to constantly improve your XML editing experience. i.. Smart Formatter that is more than a pretty printer. It honors and formatting of attributes that you may have done by hand and it fixes up the most common mistakes people make in XML, like unquoted attribute values. j.. Smart indenting based on XML element depth. ...

Adding and updating new tDOM XML text nodes
Hi guys, Some code: package require tdom # Read in data in the xml variable. set dom [dom parse -keepEmpties \ "<BASE>\n<al>\n<Cats>9 lives</Cats>\n<Canaries/>\n</al>\n</BASE>"] set doc [$dom documentElement] # Add a missing node. set node [$doc selectNodes /BASE/al] $node appendXML "<Dogs></Dogs>" # Update an existing node. set node [$doc selectNodes /BASE/al/Cats/text()] $node nodeValue "Great swingers" # Output doc to show Dogs got added and Cats changed. puts [$doc asXML] # Try to update the node with some data. set node [$doc selectNodes /BASE/al/Dogs/text()] $node nodeValue "Go Woof" Output: <BASE> <al> <Cats>Great swingers</Cats> <Canaries/> <Dogs/> </al> </BASE> invalid command name "" while executing "$node nodeValue "Go Woof"" (file "t" line 15) Platform: ActiveTCL 8.4.13.0.261555. Strangeness: I can add the new node to the XML (and it's even reformatted) for it to be called in when doing the $doc asXML, but, I can't update a newly added node. Anyone have any suggestions? In article <slrneh8g2p.irn.flavp+hfrarg@sparrow.autons.net.au>, Synic <flavp+hfrarg@nhgbaf.arg.nh> wrote: >Some code: > > package require tdom > # Read in data in the xml variable....

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

need a help to create XML node with text and sub child.
Hi folks I need a help to create XML node with text and sub child. -------------------------------------------------------- I want to create "ADDR" node with text and child node. (First child node and then text.) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <ROOT> - <NODE> <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1> - <ADDR> <postcode>12345</postcode> Address information </ADDR> </NODE> </ROOT> -------------------------------------------------------- I can create "ADDR" node with text and child node. But first text and then child node. I can not change the location of text and child node of "ADDR" node. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <ROOT> - <NODE> <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1> - <ADDR> Address information <postcode>12345</postcode> </ADDR> </NODE> </ROOT> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is code which I did (ASP) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Set xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") If (xmlDoc.childNodes.length = 0) Then Set objProcInstr = xmlDoc.createProcessingInstruction("xml", "version=""1.0"" encoding...

standalone operation of ISE text editor or MTI text editor
I can not find a way to lauch the ISE text editor or MTI HDL editor in the standalone mode. Does anyone how to do it. I want to view the .v and .vhd file using syntax highlight, but not necessary want to launch the Project Navigator or MTI simulator everytime I double click on one of .v/.vhd file. Thanks Charles ...

Web resources about - editor for editing xml text nodes - comp.text.xml

Editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Editing is the process of selecting and preparing written , visual , audible and film media used to convey information. The editing process can ...

Editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Editing is the process of selecting and preparing written , visual , audible and film media used to convey information. The editing process can ...

Here's A Shortcut For Editing Facebook @ Tags
There are shortcuts for everything these days even the @ tag editing we just wrote about Friday.

Facebook updates iOS app with Gifts, photo editing, faster access to messages, more
... through dozens or hundreds of gift ideas to find what they’re looking for. More useful features include multi-photo upload and photo editing. ...

Publishing and Editing Professionals
Publishing and Editing Professionals

Potential Markup and Editing Choices
Good programmers never write what they can steal or borrow. With that in mind, I did some research and found the promising but unfortunately ...

GoPro acquires Replay and Splice video apps to bolster mobile editing
... clones that replicate most of the same functionality. Now, GoPro has acquired two mobile video apps to offer a complete capture and editing ...

Infuse Video Editing App Launches on iOS
Infuse Labs has launched its first app, Infuse , on iOS. The video editing app allows users to edit their videos with filters and other effects ...

GoPro to Acquire Leading Mobile Editing Apps Splice and Replay to Simplify Mobile Editing and Sharing ...
SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) today announced agreements to acquire two leading mobile video editing ...

Picosmos Tools is a quirky image editing suite
Picosmos Tools is a versatile image management suite which includes a viewer, editor, batch processor, capture tool, simple publishing tools ...