I got "Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema kind(DTD...)

I am using XMLSpy 5.2.

I have specified the wsdl file in schemalocation, and that wsdl has
passed xmlspy validation.
and my wsdl is located in the same directory as the xml file.

But when it try to validate xml, it got error:

"Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema kind (DTD, DCD,
W3C Schema, XML-Data, BizTalk) within this document instance.

Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:cus="http://myurl"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://myurl myurl.wsdl">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <cus:myelement>

      </cus:myelement>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
0
jacksuyu (77)

On 19 Nov, 15:42, jacksu <jacks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have specified the wsdl file in schemalocation, ...
>
> But when it try to validate xml, it got error:
>
> "Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema kind (DTD, DCD,
> W3C Schema, XML-Data, BizTalk) within this document instance.

A WSDL file is a schema file plus a bit more (the schema is wrapped in
the WSDL).  That's most likely the reason that the XML file can't
understand your 'schema'.

It should be pretty easy to extract the schema part of the wsdl file
and store it in something like myurl.xsd.  Depending on your file you
might have to move some namespace declarations around.  Maybe XMLSpy
can do this for you.

HTH,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic
Visit http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/
for XML Schema to C++ data binding
0
usenet7100 (83)
11/19/2007 5:36:54 PM
On Nov 19, 12:36 pm, use...@tech-know-ware.com wrote:
> On 19 Nov, 15:42, jacksu <jacks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have specified the wsdl file in schemalocation, ...
>
> > But when it try to validate xml, it got error:
>
> > "Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema kind (DTD, DCD,
> > W3C Schema, XML-Data, BizTalk) within this document instance.
>
> A WSDL file is a schema file plus a bit more (the schema is wrapped in
> the WSDL).  That's most likely the reason that the XML file can't
> understand your 'schema'.
>
> It should be pretty easy to extract the schema part of the wsdl file
> and store it in something like myurl.xsd.  Depending on your file you
> might have to move some namespace declarations around.  MaybeXMLSpy
> can do this for you.
>
> HTH,
>
> Pete Cordell
> Codalogic
> Visithttp://www.codalogic.com/lmx/
> for XML Schema to C++ data binding

Should you download XMLSpy 2008 sp1 from the Altova website, you will
get a much better error message to include a link back to the W3C
specifications as to the reason for your specific error. I would
recommend upgrading your existing license from XMLSpy 5.2 to the most
recent. At the very least, download the latest release and grab an
evaluation license and test it out for yourself. It will not interfere
with your current installation and you can check out all the new
features introduced since the 5.2 release,
http://www.altova.com/XMLSpy_new_features_index.html

In addtion, XMLSpy 2008 sp1 Enterprise Edition does include the
ability to easily edit the embedded schema definition included in the
wsdl file. No need to mess around with any of the namespaces, etc.
There are a lot of cool features since 5.2, check it out! If you need
to extract the embedded schema save the schema to a new file name and
location, then go back to the wsdl file and remove all the contents in
between the types tag.

Jerry Sheehan
Visit http://www.altova.com

Unable to support "feedforwardnet" or "newff"
Hi All, I am using MATLAB 7.5.0(R 2007b). I am now trying to build a feedforward neural network. When Iam using the conventional NEWFF, I have an obsolete usage warning and also an error saying OUT OF MEMORY. But when I am trying to use the new function "FEEDFORWARDNET", my MATLAB version is not supporting this function. I have temporarily fixed the problem using NEWELM but I am not sure about its functionality. Can you plz suggest a course of action and is this an unusual problem of having no support for both newff and feedforwardnet. Thank you Suman Sadhu &quo...

In xml schema, what's the difference between attribute "final" and "block" in element "element"

What XML technologies to learn first for "XML Processing" and "XML Mapping"?
Hi, Doing job interviews. I know XML basics, but I want to familiarize myself with the best that XML has to offer at the moment. What do I need to learn? In other words, what is the dominant XML technology being used at the moment for processing? What is the 'struts' of the XML world? I've used a bit of JDOM, DOM4J, and JAXB. I know there are other xml-to-java serialization-type technologies out there that are less cumbersome - which do I need to know first? Which are most interesting? Which could become market leaders? Also, what are alternatives, if any, to XML? I know...

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

"pass by reference" instead of "pass by reference"
I'm not sure if my terminology is correct, been >40 yrs since I've had a formal programming course. As I understand it, when Scilab calls a function it makes local copies of the passed parameters. Normal practice if one needs to have read/write access to a variable in the calling program is to declare a variable to have the "global" property. One could write [var1, var2] = my_func(var1, var2) But if var1 and var2 a large arrays that seems to waste memory space. and processor cycles copying an array from location to location. Also, in the case that triggered the question, elements could be appended to each array on any call. That would put an additional load on whatever memory management is internal to Scilab - thus increasing processor load. http://wiki.scilab.org/howto/global_and_local_variables # local variables inherited from upper levels can be read with no overhead; but if they are written, a transient local with the same name is created... .... # argument passing is thus by value, in common programming terms; however, as in 3., the value is not really copied unless needed; for reading only, passing is by reference. So to say, it is a "lazy" passing by value, as copying the value is delayed to when really needed in the progam flow. #only for adequately written primitives and interfaces of primitives, there is an option of by value/by reference (see intppty) Enrico Segre wrote: > http:...

Validate XML against DTD and/or XML Schema?
Hi folks, I have a need to validate XML files against both DTDs and XML Schema from the command line. In an ideal world, I'd be able to do something like: $ python validate.py foo.xml which would then parse and validate foo.xml using the schema or DTD referenced within it. What I'm looking for is the contents of validate.py. A Python solution isn't essential, but I like Python and I'm doing some other light XML stuff in Python, so I'd prefer it. I did some Googling, but I'm a little overwhelmed by the quantity and variety of stuff I found, and I found a lot of s...

XML Schema
Hi. Is there any possibility to have a XML Schema witch validates differently due to the value of some fields in the XML. Let me explain.. What I mean is: I have one element in the XSD, and depending on the value of that element the rules should differ. If the value of the element is say "1" than some of the other elements is required (minOccurs=1), but else it isn't (minOccurs=0). So what I want to do is basically to make some elements required if some spesific values is given in the XML. Is there any possibilities to solve this (in the XSD)? Best Regards, Stian No -- Stan Kitsis Program Manager, XML Technologies Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "stiank81" <stiank81@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121682026.569125.209130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > Is there any possibility to have a XML Schema witch validates > differently due to the value of some fields in the XML. Let me > explain.. > > What I mean is: > I have one element in the XSD, and depending on the value of that > element the rules should differ. If the value of the element is say "1" > than some of the other elements is required (minOccurs=1), but else it > isn't (minOccurs=0). So what I want to do is basically to make some > elements required if some spesific values is given in the XML. > > Is there any possibilities to solve t...

XML Schema "logic"?
I'm trying to discern whether XML Schema can do something like this: Supposing the element has two attributes, id and value. Now, if id = one value, say "number" vs. another value, say, "alpha", can I write XML Schema that would limit the values of the attribute "value" to 1, 2, or 3 if id is number vs. a, b, or c if id is alpha? I'm trying to tell whether I have to resort to Schematron to do something like this. Thanks in advance, If you want cross-constraints on separate values, XML schema doesn't do that. In schemas, the right answer would be to use two different kinds of element rather than one with an ID attribute that toggles it between two different value ranges. Attributes should be used for annotation to enhance meaning, not to change meaning. -- Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden > In schemas, the right answer would be to use two different kinds of > element rather than one with an ID attribute that toggles it between two > different value ranges. Attributes should be used for annotation to > enhance meaning, not to change meaning. .... or, alternatively, two different attributes for the two different value ranges on a single element. -- Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden Joseph Kesselman wrote: > If you want cross-constraints on separate values, XML schema doesn't do > that. > > In schemas, the right answer would b...

Validating XML against a DTD that is not supplied in the XML Schema
Hi, I'm talking the problem of trying to validate whether a rss xml feed is well formed - i.e corresponds to the DTD and xml schema definitions. Given that rss comes in a number of forms: * Sometimes a DTD is referenced * Sometimes a schema is referenced, with namespaces * Most of the time, no DTD or schemas or namespaces are defined. My application requires to know whether an rss feed supplied is valid as there is processing on the data that occurs later. My orignal tack was to parse the data into objects ( via RSSDigester ) and then apply business logic. However, given that functio...

Unable to "Paste" text into Eudora
I use Eudora 7.1.0.9. and XP Home Edition. The main reason that I stay with Eudora is because it affords me simultaneous spell checking in both English and Spanish. For some time now, the 'paste' function has not worked, either as CtrV or as an 'edit' menu item. The 'copy/cut' removes the text item highlighted and shows it in Clipbrd.exe, but will not paste into the Eudora mail. It does paste in Notepad and others so the problem seems to be confined to Eudora. I must have corrupted some setting inadvertently, but I have no clue to correcting my problem. ...

"Bibliography" or "References"?
Hi all, Should be a simple question for those who know the answer :-) How to replace the word "Bibliography" or "References" (created by "thebibliography" environment) with another word, or to remove it altogether? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. On 11 Oct 2003 06:35:35 -0700 seva@math.haifa.ac.il (VFL) wrote: > How to replace the word "Bibliography" or "References" http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fixnam Guldo ...

hand-written .cf "not supported", m4 "supported"
I used to code my sendmail.cf's from scratch. I understand that such sendmail.cf's are no longer supported (in what sense?) How many/what kind of manual tweaks to an m4-generated sendmail.cf can you make, before you get back to an unsupported .cf again? Thanks! Dan Stromberg wrote: > I understand that such sendmail.cf's are no longer supported (in what > sense?) You voided your warranty :-) > How many/what kind of manual tweaks to an m4-generated sendmail.cf can you > make, before you get back to an unsupported .cf again? It depends... When you ask sendmail.o...

Question on XML schema using "restriction"
Hi, I have a not simple problem. I want the following XML to be schema valid <PopulationDemographic> <PersonName>Joe Blogs</PersonName> <Age>2</Age> <Category>baby</Category> </PopulationDemographic> And I want the following XML to be schema invalid <PopulationDemographic> <PersonName>Joe Blogs</PersonName> <Age>2</Age> <Category>teenager</Category> </PopulationDemographic> I can see how to create the restriction of "baby", "todler", "teenager" and "pensioner" for my element "Category". I can see how to restrict the ages to one of "1", "2", "3" ... "110" using similar code. But I can't work out how to say in the schema if "Category" = "baby" then valid ages must be "1", "2" if "Category" = "todler" then valid ages must be "2", "3", "4" and "5" if "Category" = "teenager" then valid ages must be "13", "14", "15", "16", "17", "18" and "19" if "Category" = "pensioner" then valid ages must be "65", "66" .... "110" Here is my schema now <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="...

"Migration" from IDREFS to an XML-Schema expression

awk unable to read "^@" in text file
Hello, I have a text file of pipe-separated records, from which I'm trying to extract certain fields. Normally something like: zcat myfile.log.gz | awk -F\| '($1==12345678){print $1,$10} would work. however I have encountered a rather strange problem. Some of the files contain the "^@" character in certain fields (I can see it when I open the file in vi) Whenever awk encounters a line with this "^@" character it ignores the rest of the file and just exits. This is a real pain as the files normally consist of thousands of records, and if the "^@" occurr...

Question: relationship between XML Infoset, DTD and XML Schema
Hi, My apologies for this basic question. Kindly explain to me the relationship/difference between XML Infoset, DTD and XML Schema. I know the difference between DTD and XML Schema, but however hard I try, I just don't seem to understand what Wikipedia says about XML Infosets. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Ramesh Generic Usenet Account wrote: > My apologies for this basic question. Kindly explain to me the > relationship/difference between XML Infoset, DTD and XML Schema. I > know the difference between DTD and XML Schema, but however hard I > t...

XML Schema to XML Schema Conversion
Subject: XML Schema to XML Schema Conversion I have an XML Schema A which needs to mapped to another XML Schema B. Is there any handy tool which I could use to convert from Schema A to Schema B? Any related informaiton on this is appreciated. Thanks! XML Schema's represent the overall structure of your xml document. So if you want a different schema, you should create it. If you have commonality between the two schema's then you should think of putting that commonality in another schema and import that schema to your other schemas.. ie. if Schema A and Schema B have common features, create Schema C import Schema C into both Schema A and Schema B. about transforming one schema to another, there is the XSLT transformation which possibly could do this (since XSD is itself an XML document) but i havent that myself. Stylus Studio is something that you may want to use to play with this. "Hari Om" <hari_om@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d1d5ebe4.0403021238.4175e63f@posting.google.com... > Subject: XML Schema to XML Schema Conversion > > I have an XML Schema A which needs to mapped to another XML Schema B. > Is there any handy tool which I could use to convert from Schema A to > Schema B? > > Any related informaiton on this is appreciated. > > Thanks! ...

How to "draw" (print) "graphics" on black text screen (console)
I would like to "draw" polygons on console (black) screen in "text mode". That is, to draw '**'s instead of lines. Purpose is to let students activate polygon methods and see it on screen, even before they learn AWT and graphics. I wonder if there are freeware classes doing this. If not, how do I do gotoXY() in black console screen. That is, how do I control the cursor position ?. Also, is there a clearScreen () method ? How do I find the actual dimentions (in characters) of the screen ? (not necessarily 25X80). Or, how do I maximize it ? Thanks, Memi (highschool teacher) On 30 Oct 2004 10:08:37 -0700, Avraham wrote: > ....Purpose is to let students > activate polygon methods and see it on screen, even before they learn > AWT and graphics. I don't see the point of using Java to (try to) interact so closely with the command line. It is not a language well suited for it and it destroys the x-platform nature of Java for the sake of a few lines on the screen. If your students are so hungry for pretty lines, it would be better to give your students a quick taste* of Java GUI's with a single frame where you overide paint. (* Simple example to be explained later in the course.) My 2c worth. -- Andrew Thompson http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology http://www.LensEscapes.com/ Images that escape the mundane ...

web.xml / XML schema issue, why do some XML schema attributes disappear
Hi I'm trying to get my j2ee app to run on Jboss (version 3.2.3), but Jboss complains there are some missing attributes in the web-app element. The attributes are present in the XML file, but they seem to be removed by the parser, also when I view the file in a web browser. My XML below (I have cut out a lot of stuff for the purpose of this post) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd"> <web-app xmlns="...

XML Schema: how do you extend and add elements "in the middle"?

XML Schema question
Hi! I can't find an answer to the following question: does the "import" command in XML Schema import also element declarations? Or only type definitions? As far as I understood, the first takes place... The spec says: "In our example, we imported one simple type from one external namespace, and used it for declaring attributes. XML Schema in fact permits multiple schema components to be imported, from multiple namespaces, and they can be referred to in both definitions and declarations." What do they mean by "multiple schema components", are element and attribute declarations amongst them? Or does it just allow to use import as a mechanism to import type libraries? Thanks, Vitali Hi, You can import any kind of top-level schema component. This does include global element and attribute declarations. It also means named complex and simple types, and named model groups and attribute groups. Hope that helps, Priscilla ---------------------------------- Priscilla Walmsley Author, Definitive XML Schema http://www.datypic.com ---------------------------------- *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** OK! Thank you! Priscilla Walmsley wrote: >Hi, > >You can import any kind of top-level schema component. This does >include global element and attribute declarations. It also means named >complex and simple types, and named model groups and attribute groups. > >Hope that helps, >Priscilla >...

What is "XML-file failed validation against schema" error?
When I change the current directory manually in 2006b using the toolbar into a particular toolbox, I get the following error: "XML-file failed validation against schema located in: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\sys\namespace\info\v1\info.xsd" What does this mean? I don't see this error with any other toolbox that I recall. Scott Scott Miller wrote: > When I change the current directory manually in 2006b using the > toolbar into a particular toolbox, I get the following error: > > "XML-file failed validation against schema located in: > C:\Program Files\M...

"refers to a location that is unavailable"
I had a "ghost" drive letter. Very annoying. Showed up as a disk icon with a red exclamation mark next to it. Click on properties showed 0 bytes, RAW format. Click on drive produced usual cryptic error message: "D: refers to a location that is unavailable" etc. Used regedit. Found Roxio Assistant had an entry for D:. Probably that was drive letter of my external firewire DVD burner at one point. Since then I'd used Storage Manager to change the drive letter (it changed when I plugged it in to my firewire card -- annoying). Delted the Roxio Assistant entry. Restarted....

Web resources about - I got "Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema kind(DTD...) - comp.text.xml