Meaning of <xsl:when test="''='FALSE'">

Hi,

I looked through a computergenerated code because I had to edit
something manually.

I found this line:
<xsl:when test="''='FALSE'">

I don't get what this means.

Please help me.

"renderman" <christian.ammann@wsi.tum.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I looked through a computergenerated code because I had to edit
> something manually.
>
> I found this line:
> <xsl:when test="''='FALSE'">
>
> I don't get what this means.
>
> Please help me.

It tests if the empty string '' is equal to to the string 'FALSE' this
is legal but always false.

David
0
davidc5020 (601)
4/27/2005 9:03:50 PM
So for you this statement doesn't make any sense, either?

And what about this line:

<xsl:when test="concat('FALSE','')='FALSE'">

"renderman" <christian.ammann@wsi.tum.de> writes:

> So for you this statement doesn't make any sense, either?

The statement makes sense (it has well defined meaning) it just isn't
sensible to put it in a stylesheet.

> And what about this line:
>
> <xsl:when test="concat('FALSE','')='FALSE'">

That tests if concatenating the empty string to the string 'FALSE' is
equal to the string 'FALSE'. Again this is legal but not the most useful
test ever written, as it's always true.

David
0
davidc5020 (601)
4/27/2005 10:03:32 PM
Thanks for your reply.

JAXM returning '&lt;' and '&gt;' rather than "<" and ">"
Hi guys I'm up against a very annoying problem. I'm tryint to use JAXM to call a simple PHP nuSoap web service. I am using SOAPMessage/SOAPPart/SOAPEnvelope etc, however when i receive the message from the server i get: &lt;symbol&gt;great&lt;/symbol&gt; rather than: <symbol>great</symbol> Does anyone have any idea why its converting '<' to '&lt;'??? Any help would be most appreciated, i've been frustrated by this for hours! (Note the xml just dumps out "<symbol>great</symbol>" - it does not encode it ...

v = json.loads("{'test':'test'}")
raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end)) http://docs.python.org/library/json.html What am I doing wrong ? gert wrote: > raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end)) > http://docs.python.org/library/json.html > What am I doing wrong ? You need proper quotation marks: >>> s = json.dumps({'test':'test'}) >>> s '{"test": "test"}' >>> json.loads(s) {u'test': u'test'} The JSON format is described here: http://www.json.org/ Peter On Jan 26, 5:12=A0am, gert <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com> wrote: > raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end))http://docs.py= thon.org/library/json.html > What am I doing wrong ? You use wrong quotes, it should be wrapped by double quotes not single quotes. Read http://json.org/: "A string is a collection of zero or more Unicode characters, wrapped in double quotes, ..." >>> v =3D json.loads('{"test":"test"}') >>> v {u'test': u'test'} Please include all relevant information in the *body* of your message, not just in the subject. It's a pain having to piece a question back together between the subject. On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 13:12 -0800, gert wrote: > raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end)) > http://docs.python.org/library/json.html > What am I doing wr...

'quote' to `quote'
Hi, what is the way to change 'shocking,' said Sally into `shocking', said Sally automatically as Tex read the author.txt file? Does this method also change "whatever happens," he said into ``whatever happens.'' he said. David R David R <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: > what is the way to change 'shocking,' said Sally > into `shocking', said Sally > automatically as Tex read the > author.txt file? It is possible (e.g. via an active '). But I suspect, this is a lot easier using a script language or similar. Also you should consider ['s] coming from genitive and other uses of the apostrophe. Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> David R wrote: > what is the way to change 'shocking,' said Sally > into `shocking', said Sally > automatically as Tex read the > author.txt file? Tricky thing to do on the TeX level because you can't tell a quote from an apostrophe in a reliable and efficient way. This will probably require pre-processing of author.txt (it's no big deal with regular expressions). > Does this method also change "whatever happens," he said > into ``whatever happens.'' he said. Assuming you're using Latex: try the csquotes package. See \MakeOuterQuote{"} in the tutorial. -- Sender address blackholed; do not reply to From: address. You can still reach me by email at: plehman gmx net. On Wed, 10 Ja...

"Select" & "Order By" OK- ''WHERE'' Does'nt Work !
Before i post actual code, as i need a speedyish reply. Can i first ask if anyone knows off the top of their head, if there is a likely obvious cause to the following problem. For the moment i've reduced my form request to a simple text string entry, instead of my desired optional parameters. As i have been stuck with a single unfathomable glitch for over a year. Basically, if i enter queries such as ; "select * from table" "select * from table order by artist", it works perfectly. However if i introduce the 'where' option, as in "select * from table where ...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

'^=' and '~='?

"def nothing=(data) false end" returns 'data' instead of 'false'
Hi, this is really annoying: --------------------- class MyTest def nothing=3D(data) return false end end test=3DMyTest.new test.nothing=3D123 =3D> 123 test.send("nothing=3D",123) =3D> false --------------------- Why does "test.nothing=3D123" return 123 instead of false ??? Thanks a lot for any clarification. --=20 I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:14:17 -0500, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote: > Hi, this is really annoying: > > --------------------- > class MyTest > def nothing=(data) > return...

"declaration of 'foo' changes meaning from 'struct foo'"
Hello, I am a resonably confident C programmer, but not very sure about the dark corners of C++. Recently, I had G++ give me a strange error. The program in question is in essence: struct foo { }; struct bar { foo foo; }; That is, I try to declare a member variable called "foo". However, G++ complains that: Foo.C:5: error: declaration of `foo bar::foo' Foo.C:1: error: changes meaning of `foo' from `struct foo' Changing the line to struct foo foo; makes the compiler happy. However, Microsoft Visual C++ does not give any error at...

Modem ping: "chat -v -s '' 'ATZ' < /dev/ttyS1 > /dev/ttyS1" fails?
On machine-1 the command line: chat -v -s '' 'ATZ' < /dev/modem > /dev/modem returns: send (ATZ^M) and I get my command line back, but the same command on machine-2 fails, it doesn't give me back the command line it just hangs there with no output. There are also no chat processes running when I issue 'ps aux' on another terminal. Both machines successfully work at connecting to the internet with the default ppp/chat scripts, the only difference is machine-1 has /dev/modem->/dev/ttyS3 (internal modem) and machine-2 has /dev/modem->/dev/ttyS...

Modem ping: "chat -v -s '' 'ATZ' < /dev/modem > /dev/modem" fails?
On machine-1 the command line: chat -v -s '' 'ATZ' < /dev/modem > /dev/modem returns: send (ATZ^M) and I get my command line back, but the same command on machine-2 fails, it doesn't give me back the command line it just hangs there with no output. There are also no chat processes running when I issue 'ps aux' on another terminal. Both machines successfully work at connecting to the internet with the default ppp/chat scripts, the only difference is machine-1 has /dev/modem->/dev/ttyS3 (internal modem) and machine-2 has /dev/modem->/dev/ttyS1 (exte...

Unable to identify an operator '*=' for types 'character varying[]' and '"unknown"'
Okay.I'm following the documentation that came with the PostgreSQL source code (located in /usr/doc/postgresql-7.3.4-2/html/arrays.hmtl in my cygwin root). I created have a table with a varchar array in it, kind of like the following: CREATE TABLE tbl_db_usuario_detalles (NOMBRE varchar(50), COD_USE varchar(6)[]); I've added a single record that has two values. It is imported from a tab-separated text file that has one line, like the following: Username {xxxxxx,yyyyyy} The import seems to work fine (if I put quotes around the string values in the array it fails). ...

Quotes from the 'tolerant', 'liberal', 'progressive' Left
"I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. ... He is an absolutely reprehensible person." --USA Today Columnist Julianne Malveaux on Justice Clarence Thomas "If there is...justice, he'll get AIDS, or one of his grandchildren will get it." --National Public Radio's (NPR) Nina Totenberg on Sen. Jesse Helms "[I]t may take the destruction of Western Civilization to allow the rest of the world to really emerge as a free and brotherly society." --Newly elected president of that hot-bed of co...

key-restricted nsupdate of internal view's zone's host REFUSED with 'signer "<key>" denied' ?
I run named -v BIND 9.10.2 in split-horizon mode with two views view "internal" { view "external" { For a single zone MYDOMAIN.com I'm targeting two hostnames in the zone test.MYDOMAIN.com external.test.MYDOMAIN.com for dynamic updates. At any given time, the A records should return view=internal: dig A test.MYDOMAIN.com +short A.B.C.D dig A external.test.MYDOMAIN.com +short 10.1.1.14 view=external: dig A test.MYDOMAIN.com +short A.B.C.D dig A external.test.MYDOMAIN.com +short A...

"<td><input name='".$i-2."'
I am traing to output the following HTML string from PHP: "<td><input name='".$i-2."' size='2' type='text' onBlur='myfunction(".$i-2.")'></td>" But it somehow mistreats $i-2. PHP does not throw any errors but the browser renders the table incorrectly. I got round this by introducing another variable j=i-2 and using it in place of i-2 It works. However I am interested to understand why is does not work with i-1. Any comments? .oO(aa) >I am traing to output the following HTML string from PHP: >"<t...

Re: Unable to identify an operator '*=' for types 'character varying[]' and '"unknown"'
Okay...I answered my own question. I didn't understand from the directions that I had to compile and install the dll in contrib/array and run the array_iterator.sql. It works like a charm now. Mike -----Original Message----- From: Mike Leahy [mailto:mgleahy@fes.uwaterloo.ca] Sent: October 10, 2003 3:41 PM To: 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org' Subject: Unable to identify an operator '*=' for types 'character varying[]' and '"unknown"' Okay.I'm following the documentation that came with the PostgreSQL source code (located in /u...

JSP problem: <script language="JavaScript"> '<%=expression%>' </script>
Is it possible to use the JSP expression tags <%= %> within <script> </script> tags? I'm trying to embed a JavaScript wysiwyg text editor into a JSP, I need it to be populated with form data - hence the expresion within the script tags. Your assistance is appreciated! Edward Edward wrote: > Is it possible to use the JSP expression tags <%= %> within <script> > </script> tags? I believe you can. Think of the sequence - On the server side, the JSP engine kicks in and processes all the JSP tags and ignores all the html tags including the &...

[9fans] acme and openning of ", "", '''chk' scripts (by rsc)
------=_Part_63992_24920993.1223483737771 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello, is that an intention that acme does not recognize " (or "", not so sure about '''chk' ) to be a name of a valid file? At least " and "" seems to me to be a valid file name, but clicking on it with button 3 in acme doesn't work --- file is not opened. Only explicit use of Get opens it. Thanks Ruda ------=_Part_63992_24920993.1223483737771 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content...

"cannot convert parameter from 'short **' to 'void **'"
int func(void**); { short* p = NULL; func(&p); //<<< here } Could somebody remind me why is this not allowed ? error message: "cannot convert parameter from 'short **' to 'void **'" Thanks, Igor On 2005-11-22, Igor Okulist <igor@remove_this_okulist.com> wrote: > int func(void**); > > { > short* p = NULL; > func(&p); //<<< here > } > > Could somebody remind me why is this not allowed ? error > message: "cannot convert parameter from 'short **' to 'void > **'" ...

expect script : "expect 'X', send 'Y'" until expect "Z".
Hi. I am having some difficulties with an expect script, and was hoping someone could help me out here. I am running a scripted telnet session to some 'black box' appliance, and would like to retrieve the output of a particular command. However, the output of the command is longer than a single screen full. Since it was designed for interactive use, you get the magic string "[=More (xx%)=]" after each screenfull of output, at which point the command expects you to hit the spacebar in order to get another screenfull of output. Of course, I could just "send <space>" a few times, but since I have no idea how long the output will be in advance, this does not appear to be such a good approach. It looks like I would have to do something were I keep sending a space as long as I keep getting/expecting the string "[=More (xx%)=]", and stop doing that after I have gotten/expected the prompt again. (which is "% "). Does anyone have any idea on how to do such a thing in expect ? Of course, other suggestions to tackle the same problem are welcome as well of course. Sincerely, John Smith. "J.Smith" <lbalbalba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:737da4e2.0410200305.1f12696f@posting.google.com... > Hi. > > > I am having some difficulties with an expect script, and was hoping > someone could help me out here. > > > I am running a scripted telnet session to some 'black box' applianc...

Re: Mandis Quotes (aka retiring """ and ''')
Russell Nelson wrote: > If you need to put a single quote in, then you put > an arbitrary string in-between the single quotes which does NOT > appear in the string. For example, "Bill's house" becomes > 'x'Bill's house'x'. So possible examples might be: 'xx'somebody's mother'xx' 'xy'somebody's father'xy' 'wink'somebody's uncle'wink' 'quote'somebody's body'quote' not terrible easy on the eyes, and why use the single quote at all? Why no= t use a similar pattern li...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wrong. HJ "Aaron" <aaron@rapid-motion.co.uk> wrote in message news:260d7f40.0408120245.2f3d01f8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Thanks for ur help there HJ. > > I know how to do the tasks you specified there. > > I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the > fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, > DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the > values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; > > [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] > > a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. > > please help. > > Aaron First off, if you are not always using all the parameters specified in your form, then you have to add parameters to your query on the fly. Also, you can't just do something like qdf.SQL = "SE...

if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
Hi, there. =20 I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this line : if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.')=20 =20 Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com =20 no brain no pain =20 how about: if not (str_mo in ('','.') or str_da in ('','.') or str_yy in ('','.')) OR if not (missing(str_mo) or missing(str_da) or missing(str_yy)) Eric On 22 Oct 03 21:13:37 GMT, ikurbeko@ATHER...

'this' and <A HREF="...">
In my app I need to dynamically generate a series hyperlinks. Each hyperlink's action must be to focus a field in a <form>. I created the following function to create such a link (the argument is a field object, e.g. <input>): function createFieldAnchor(field, linkText) { var anchor = document.createElement("a"); anchor.field = field; anchor.href='javascript:this.focusField()'; anchor.innerHTML = linkText; anchor.focusField = function() { var f = this.field; f.focus(); f.select(); } return anchor; } The link does not work. Debugging shows that ...

ABF "error: expected identifier or '(' before '=' token"
When trying to compile an ABF application on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4,Intel(R) Xeon(R) and II 9.1.2 (int.lnx/ 100)NPTL, I get the following errors : "Processing form 'ylxo60701p' . . . Forcing compilation to create object file. Compiling '218688.c' . . . 218688.c:1420: error: expected identifier or '(' before '=' token E_AB001E Compilation failed" I've found out that the form in question (218688.c) is missing the global FRAME identifier here : FRAME * = { &_form0 }; which should be replaced wi...

Web resources about - Meaning of <xsl:when test="''='FALSE'"> - comp.text.xml