need a help to create XML node with text and sub child.

Hi folks

I need a help to create XML node with text and sub child.

I want to create "ADDR" node with text and child node.
(First child node and then text.)

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <ROOT>
- <NODE>
  <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1>
- <ADDR>
  <postcode>12345</postcode>
  Address information
  </ADDR>
  </NODE>
  </ROOT>

I can create "ADDR" node with text and child node. But first text and
then child node.
I can not change the location of text and child node of "ADDR" node.

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <ROOT>
- <NODE>
  <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1>
- <ADDR>
  Address information
  <postcode>12345</postcode>
  </ADDR>
  </NODE>
  </ROOT>

This is code which I did (ASP)

Set xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

If (xmlDoc.childNodes.length = 0) Then

	Set objProcInstr = xmlDoc.createProcessingInstruction("xml",
"version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""")
	xmlDoc.appendChild objProcInstr

	Set root = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "ROOT", "")
	xmlDoc.appendChild(root)

	Set node = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "NODE", "")
	xmlDoc.documentElement.appendChild(node)

	Set child = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "child-1", "")
	Set objAttr = xmlDoc.createAttribute("attr")
	child.setAttribute "attr","attr-value"
	child.text = "This is child text"
	node.appendChild(child)

	Set child = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "ADDR", "")
	node.appendChild(child)
	Set sub_child = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "postcode", "")
	sub_child.Text = "12345"
	child.Text = "Address information"
	child.appendChild(sub_child)

End If

xmlDoc.save (Server.Mappath("newxml.xml"))

-----------------------
0
erbrmn (1)

erbrmn@gmail.com wrote:

> I want to create "ADDR" node with text and child node.
> (First child node and then text.)
>
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> - <ROOT>
> - <NODE>
>   <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1>
> - <ADDR>
>   <postcode>12345</postcode>
>   Address information
>   </ADDR>

   Set addr = xmlDoc.createElement("ADDR")
   Set postcode = xmlDoc.createElement("postcode")
   postcode.text = "12345"
   addr.appendChild postcode
   addr.appendChild xmlDoc.createTextNode("Address information")

Note that your XML is poorly structured, mixed contents of an ADDR
element with a child element and a child text node is not a good
structure, you might want to use a second child element instead of the
text node.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

xslt help needed with element nodes embedded in text node

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

extracting text from an XML node

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

Generate xml node tree from xmi (xml) help
Hi, I am using argouml ( really neat UML modeling tool) to create a model. I export the model to xmi format ( it's xml). My UML-diagram looks like this: Brand A | -------------------- | | | Brand B Brand C Brand D And Brand B, Brand C and Brand D can also have children and so on ......... I need to generate an xml file that can describe these relationships like: <MyModel> <Brand A> <Brand B> </Brand B> <Brand C> </Brand C> <Brand D> </Brand D> </Brand A> </MyModel> I am thinking of checking the children for root (Brand A) and generate TAGs for each node. Then I make the first node to the left (Brand B) the parent get all children for that one. Any one with hints on how I can do this in xslt. I need some sort of traversing to get the tree right? Regards, //Mikael -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Mikael P wrote: > Hi, > > I am using argouml ( really neat UML modeling tool) to create a model. I > export the model to > xmi format ( it's xml). Try posting that XML . . Soren -- Fjern de 4 bogstaver i min mailadresse som er indsat for at hindre s... Remove the 4 letter word meaning "junk mail" in my mail address. ...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and th...

creating web.xml
hi, I am using JSPs, java beans and java files for my project. Tomcat is the server. I put all the java beans and files (compiled ones)in WEB-INF directory. The directory structure is, myproject | JSPs + WEB-INF folder | classes folder + web.xml | .class files I think my strcuture is correct, byt im having confusion about what should i write inside web.xml file. I should tell the server that the classes are in this particular folder. right? And i think i should tell it using web.xml. but what is the syntax for it?? can anybody please help me? Thank...

Create XML file from text file
Hello all! I was wondering whether there was a way, using any XML parser (preferably xerces), to create an XML file by reading, line by line a text file. Thank you, Marios Tofarides matofarides@gmail.com wrote: > Hello all! > > I was wondering whether there was a way, using any XML parser > (preferably xerces), to create an XML file by reading, line by line a > text file. Generally not, since an XML parse, by definition, parses XML and plain text is not XML. What I've done in such situations is to write a parser for the source language (whatever kind of language i...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

editor for editing xml text nodes
We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in some xml structures. These documents need to be translated by human translators from English into, for example, Chinese. We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to the text content. The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that it is guaranteed that the xml-tags are unchanged when the translator returns the translated document. The translator simply replaces all English text accessible to him into Chinese text. Does anyone know an xml editing tool which has this feature, of allowing only modification to the text node content? Alois Zreindl wrote: > We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in > some xml structures. > > These documents need to be translated by human translators from English > into, for example, Chinese. > > We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the > text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to > the text content. I am working on exactly this right now. It leaves the elements in element content inviolable, but allows element markup in mixed content (the only thing a translator should be touching). Please contact me by email to discuss this further. > The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that > it is guara...

Need help with strings, read text and writing text to file...
Hi all; I have writen a program to read in a list of filenmaes and to output javascript and html code. The resulting html code is then run thru a html to js program ( Easy HTML To Any Script Converter]. All this to display the pictures in a slideshow. The code did work at one stage... before I fully tested. But now I don't know whats gone wrong. As the html and javascript look right, as does the js code. There are three slide show, each with their own buttons... However some work, while others don't! #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define FALSE 0 #define TRUE 1 #define LINESIZE 255 int setupoutfiles(char filename[], FILE **header, FILE **body) { char tempstr[LINESIZE]="\0"; strcpy(tempstr, filename); strcat(filename, "header.htm"); *header=fopen(filename, "w+"); if(!header) return -1; strcat(tempstr, "body.htm"); *body=fopen(tempstr, "w+"); if(!body) return -1; return 0; } int setupinfile(char filename[], FILE **infile) { *infile=fopen(filename, "r+"); if(!infile) return -1; return 0; } void therest(FILE **header, char b[]) { fprintf(*header, "\n%scounter=%sImages.length-1\n", b, b); fprintf(*header, "%si=0\n\n", b); fprintf(*header, "function %sfirst()\n", b); fprintf(*header, "{\n"); fprint...

How to create CSV/Text form XML
Hello *, i've no expierence with XML and I hope someone can help me out with this. Following problem: I've an XML File and need just some parts (lines) in the result file. This should have CSV/text style. In this case I need only lines where dbid="feld2" or dbid="feld4". <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <items title="Execution"> <item> <item_field dbid="feld1" label="Plan: Name" root="106" edit_type="list" size="40">Hupe</item_field> <item_field dbid="feld2" label="Plan: Date" edit_type="date" size="10">15.02.2005</item_field> <item_field dbid="feld3" label="Plan: Beschreibung" edit_type="memo" size="-1">washtmlonceConnect SUT as modem to PC with Vodafone</item_field> <item_field dbid="feld4" label="Plan: Ersteller" root="-1" edit_type="list" size="20">Heinz</item_field> </item> <item> <item_field dbid="feld1" label="Plan: Name" root="106" edit_type="list" size="40">Honk</item_field> <item_field dbid="feld2" label="Plan: Date" edit_type="date" size="10">18.02.2005</item_field> <item_field dbid="feld3"...

Creating a Log, xml or text file
Hi, How to create a log, xml or text file? I'm creating a small test application for my research using which images are displayed and the viewer will rate them based on particular scale. I want to save the rating/grading for each picture in a form of text file. Can anyone help thanks You can definitely use the fprintf function. The help documentation should have enough explanation on that. <gv907h$jec$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > How to create a log, xml or text file? > > I'm creating a small test application for my research using which images are d...

problem with child text node when constraining other child node types
I'm struggling with whether or not it is possible to represent the following construct in a dtd. I have an element X that I want to contain 3 types of child elements. Child Element A should have a 0 or 1 constraint, Child element B should have a 0-n constraint. I also want X to be able to contain text, resulting in xml that the following <X> <A/> <B/> <B/> child text of element X also possible </X?> I've got the following, but can't seem to figure out a way to also allow for a text child node. Any help appreciated <!ELEMENT X (A?, B*)> Bryan Bryan Ax wrote: > I've got the following, but can't seem to figure out a way to also > allow for a text child node. Any help appreciated Declare X as having mixed content. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml11-20040204/#sec-mixed-content Looking at this, I don't see a way to constrain it so that A only can appear once, whereas B can appear multiple times...I think I'm missing something. Upon further reading, there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. Either I go to mixed-content, which is less constraining, or I need to add a child node to hold the text element. http://www.devguy.com/fp/XML/dtd.htm Bryan Ax wrote: > I have an element X that I want to contain 3 types of child elements. > Child Element A should have a 0 or 1 constraint, Child element B should > have a 0-n constraint. I also want X to be able to contain text, All you can do ...

text + text

text-text

There is need for Text to XML semi/automatic conversion?
Hi, I'm new at this newsgroup and I want do ask some questions and opinions about this subject. I'm developing an application focused in a very specific task: clean and labelling text documents with user-defined structural tags (title, cite, date, paragraph, itemList, ...). It makes the typical pre-processing tasks needed for computational linguistics in order to work with big corporas to use statistical tools. But I'm worried that this field be too small/specific. I choosed it because it's a field that I know and where I'd some contacts, *but* I'm not sure if research departments of universities are able to spend money/purchase software, or may be they are too used to the free/open source world. For this reason I'm looking for some other field where the task of adding structural labels to text be needed (specifically converting unstructured and format-oriented documents to structured function-oriented XML documents). May be some area on publishing, but I think that they will not be interested in "small" desktop applications. Please, any of you had worked for or listen about some business with this kind of need? Do you think that there is demand for legacy document conversion in small business? Some info about the application: - Importing form main document formats (TXTs, HTML, RTF, others?). - GUI Based for interactive labelling (active learning techniques, similar to the OCR programs). - Interactive labelling used to "train&q...

Help needed with XML Node insert API
Hi All I have to add elements to an existing XML Document which conforms to a DTD. Is there an some API which throws an exception when I append a node to this document if it is not a valid location or element based on the DTD. My DTD is very specific on sequence of elements. Since I have to insert many elements it is not an option for me to insert all elements and at the end run validate on the document. Thanks kumar Kumar wrote: > I have to add elements to an existing XML Document which conforms to a > DTD. > > Is there an some API which throws an exception when I append...

converting a document node and children into xml text
is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) into an XML text. i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it to re-create the tree. thx. jman, google grouper, wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > into an XML text. Yes. Traverse the DOM node subtree and output XML accordingly. > i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it > to re-create the tree. Why? jman wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > ...

There is need for Text to XML semi/automatic conversion?
Hi, I'm new at this newsgroup and I want do ask some questions and opinions about this subject. I'm developing an application focused in a very specific task: clean and labelling text documents with user-defined structural tags (title, cite, date, paragraph, itemList, ...). It makes the typical pre-processing tasks needed for computational linguistics in order to work with big corporas to use statistical tools. But I'm worried that this field be too small/specific. I choosed it because it's a field that I know and where I'd some contacts, *but* I'm not sure...

How to retrieve XML CDATA text contents by org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2?
For example I have a XML tag <script> <![CDATA[ My script is here ]]> </script> I am using org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2 to parse my XML file. How do I retrieve my script contents? What shall I do in these two methods? @Override public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName, Attributes attributes) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { // How to retrieve my script contents? } } @Override public void endElement(String uri, String localName, String qName) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { ...

Web resources about - need a help to create XML node with text and sub child. - comp.text.xml

Wikipedia:Why create an account? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is Wikipedia . You do not have to log in to learn. Almost anyone can edit almost any article at any given time too, but be aware that the ...

Facebook Teams Up With Google, Microsoft, Others To Create WebPlatform.org, A Developer Support Hub
Facebook may have a tricky relationship with HTML5 , but it still wants developers all over the Web to learn how to use it efficiently. The social ...

How to create the perfect unisex kids bedroom
Thankfully, creating a bedroom all your kids will love equally doesn't have to be mission impossible.

Why Ford decided to create a 'Smart Mobility' subsidiary
Filed under: Green , Ford , Transportation Alternatives , Technology For more than 100 years, Ford has built cars for the masses. On Friday, ...

Exclusive: Microsoft, developer partner to create $500 million ‘smart city’
Microsoft is partnering with techie-turned-real estate developer Minh Le to build a 2.5 million-square-foot, $500 million "smart city" in a suburb ...

Kasich: Trump creates a "toxic atmosphere" in 2016 race
Ohio governor told "Face the Nation" he understands why voters are angry, but that Trump's rhetoric isn't the way to channel that anger

How to Create More by Getting Better at it
“Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” [Rumi] If everything has been said and done before, ...

Watch Obama's perfect response to Republicans who say he helped create Donald Trump's rise
At a joint press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, President Obama was asked whether he considers himself responsible for ...

David Chipperfield creates "palazzo atmosphere" for Valentino
... David Chipperfield for its flagship boutique in London Hard Venetian terrazzo and marble surfaces are paired with soft carpets to create the ...

Google+ Create program will highlight experts in their field
Google+ has launched a new program called "Create" that puts makers, artists, influencers and experts in their field in front of a bigger audience. ...