Newbie Question (Tcl)

Hi

This question is aimed at TCL people.
How do I POST and GET XML text lines using the http library?
I need a detailed answer please.

Thanks
afri

Newbie Question (Was: Newbie Question...)
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestion. Every one of them has enlightned me a lot. I suppose I will use the "find" subroutine I wrote modifiied as Jugoslav suggested (in a module), or the function proposed by David (the solution proposed by David is far more intuitive and useful than mine). I still have some problem with the PACK function (as suggested by Paul & Richard & Michel), but maybe is because here at work I only have digital visual fortran 6.0 (Mathworks says that is enormously bugged), or maybe because I'm so stupid I've made mistakes again... So I have t...

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Newbie question = how to add text to a textarea without deleting the previous text.
Newbie question = how to add text to a textarea without deleting the previous text. i'm trying to add text to a text area when a link is clicked (to add<b><i> etc) without erasing the previously typed text. i'm using this, but unfortunately i don't know how to make this append the text rather than just chenge the text in the text area.(where comments is the textarea name. <A HREF="#" onClick="(document.forms[0].comments.value='<b></b>'); return false;" NAME="anchor1" ID="anchor1">select bold</A>...

XML Newbie Question
After a great deal of trawling internet resouces I hope someone can give me advise and maybe if I'm lucky a small example program. I am writing a small standalone application (mainly as a learning exercise) and so far I have created a user logon dialog box that verifies a users details against a mysql database using jdbc. I want to remove the hard coded references to the database driver and put these details in a simple XML document that can be read by the application at startup. I have created a simple document :- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOC...

newbie: tcl and xml
Has Tcl standard support for xml (reading/writing)? Thanks Guy Thanks Michael for your info. Guy "Michael Schlenker" <schlenk@uni-oldenburg.de> wrote in message news:bg5pt4$ksfmo$1@ID-102549.news.uni-berlin.de... > Guy Dillen wrote: > > Has Tcl standard support for xml (reading/writing)? > > > Tcl has no direct support for xml in the core (unless you count > unicode/utf-8 encodings as support for xml), but there are at least to > commonly used extension that provide good support for XML (and DOM and > XSLT etc. etc.). > > One is tclxml/tcldom/tclxslt, by Steve Ball (http://wiki.tcl.tk/tclxml) > which has a pure tcl implementation for most things (not XSLT yet > AFAIK). Its part of ActiveState Tcl distro, if you want to try it. > > The other extension commonly used is tDOM (http://wiki.tcl.tk/tdom , > http://www.tdom.org). There are binaries for some platforms at the > tdom.org site. > > Tcl is quite good at XML support, unless you need W3C Schema Validation, > thats one point that is missing at the moment, AFAIK. > > Some small examples of Tcl/Tk at work with XML: > http://mini.net/tcl/3895 > http://mini.net/tcl/1753 > http://mini.net/tcl/8984 > http://mini.net/tcl/4534 > > Michael > > > > > > Michael Schlenker wrote: >Tcl is quite good at XML support, unless you need W3C Schema Validation, >thats one point that is missing at the moment, AFAIK...

xml question from a newbie

XML Newbie question
All, I'm new to xml and have a question about how to use it. I have an asp application that we thought about using xml to replace some session variables. The idea would be to create an xml object that would store all of our session variables, then store the xml object in a session variable. Does this make sense to do this? Thanks, Scott...... scottc wrote: > I'm new to xml and have a question about how to use it. I have an asp > application that we thought about using xml to replace some session > variables. The idea would be to create an xml object that would store > all of our session variables, then store the xml object in a session > variable. Does this make sense to do this? If you want to use MSXML with classic ASP to do that (that is storing an XML document in a session variable) then I think you have to use Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument. I have never done that however, you might find more help on the microsoft news server in an ASP group or perhaps in the xml groups there. -- Martin Honnen http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ scottc wrote: > All, > > I'm new to xml and have a question about how to use it. I have an asp > application that we thought about using xml to replace some session > variables. The idea would be to create an xml object that would store > all of our session variables, then store the xml object in a session > variable. Does this make sense to do this? > > Thanks, ...

Newbie Tcl Question
Hello, In Tcl, how can I extract the file name from a string that contains the fullpath to the file, like so: C:\results\log\file.txt How can I retrieve the 'file.txt' substring from the above string? Thanks, Nadeem khannu@gmail.com wrote: > In Tcl, how can I extract the file name from a string that contains > the fullpath to the file, like so: C:\results\log\file.txt > > How can I retrieve the 'file.txt' substring from the above string? file tail {C:\results\log\file.txt} HTH Stephan khannu@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > In Tcl, how can I extract the file name from a string that contains > the fullpath to the file, like so: C:\results\log\file.txt > > How can I retrieve the 'file.txt' substring from the above string? Read the man/help page on the file command, pay particular attention to the tail subcommand. -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

newbie question about xml
When you have an xml message and you want to extract a particular item, what is the normal search method? Say you have: <?xml version="1.0"?> <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <s:Body> <u:GetExternalIPAddressResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1"> <NewExternalIPAddress> 168.46.10.14 </NewExternalIPAddress> </u:GetExternalIPAddressResponse> </s:Body> </s:Envelope> So if you are interested in the 168.46.10.14 Do you specify that you want: s:Envelope.s:Body.u:GetExternalIPAddressResponse.NewExternalIPAddress or simply: NewExternalIPAddress Does this make sence? JustSomeGuy <nope@nottelling.com> wrote: > When you have an xml message and you want to extract a particular > item, what is the normal search method? > > Say you have: > > <?xml version="1.0"?> > <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" > s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> > <s:Body> > <u:GetExternalIPAddressResponse > xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1"> > ...

Newbie Question: How do I know how many rows of text will appear in a text area?
I have a text area that I need to scroll one page at a time until the end of the document. I have a problem, however. How do I know how many pages to scroll before I hit the end of the document? HTML will presumably take care of all the word-wrapping, so it is difficult - if not impossible - for me to determine the number of rows beforehand. As far as I can tell, there is no direct way to tell how many rows of text will be generated by the browser except, perhaps, through use of trial-and-error. But this is not practical because the text will change from one day to the next, and I need to ...

xml newbie question.
I've run into a snag in my understanding of xml up to date I thought that xml looked like this: <someObject> Its Value </someObject> <AnotherObject> <AOSubObject> Its Value </AOSubObject> </AnotherObject> To find the value of AOSubObject you would specify a 'path' (for lack of a better word in my knowledge of xml) like AnotherObject/AOSubObject However I've just seen some xml that confuses me on how to search it to retrieve an objects value. <someObject> Its Value </someObject> <AnotherObject> <AOSubObject> Its Value </AOSubObject> <AOSubObject> Another Value </AOSubObject> <AOSubObject> Yet Another Value </AOSubObject> </AnotherObject> So how do you get AOSubObjects value? I mean which one do you need? All of them? I suppose this is complient xml syntax as it comes from iTunes. On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:56:26 GMT, "JustSomeGuy" <nope@nottelling.com> wrote: >I've run into a snag in my understanding of xml > >up to date I thought that xml looked like this: > ><someObject> > Its Value ></someObject> ><AnotherObject> > <AOSubObject> > Its Value > </AOSubObject> ></AnotherObject> > >To find the value of AOSubObject you would specify a 'path' (for lack of a >better word in my knowledge of x...

*NEWBIE* question ( as in very very newbie )
where can i d/l minix (which ver do you recommend?) that'll fit on a 286 laptop with 2 meg ram (or less) with full packages (i.e. basic programming language, gui, telnet, ftp, apache, email, etc.) no cd rom (floppy based only) and instructions on installing it from boot to finish. -- *** REPLY REQUESTED WHEN CONVENIENT *** Woodzy http://rtdos.com/forum "UN-official" acf webring http://q.webring.com/hub?ring=acfwebring This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, confidential, or other wise private information. If you have receiv...

XML Parsing
Hi, This is my first time using XML. I am working on an application using JDOM and SAX, and I need to get XML documents back into the client side of my app and rebuild them into Java classes/objects do be displayed by the GUI. So far I know that I should use SAX to do that. However would be helpfull to do some operations on these documents, like sorting, seaching,etc... before I start creating my objects. So my question is Does SAX(or any other parser) allows me manipulate the XML documents on it before converting them into objects ? Or do I need to all that inside my java programs after I get my classes parsed ? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions... --MD Marcio DeBarros wrote: > This is my first time using XML. > > I am working on an application using JDOM and SAX, and I need to get XML > documents back into the client side of my app and rebuild them into Java > classes/objects do be displayed by the GUI. > > So far I know that I should use SAX to do that. However would be > helpfull to do some operations on these documents, like sorting, > seaching,etc... before I start creating my objects. So my question is > Does SAX(or any other parser) allows me manipulate the XML documents on > it before converting them into objects ? Or do I need to all that inside > my java programs after I get my classes parsed ? The normal approach would be to convert the documents to objects then sort and maniplate the objec...

Newbie Text File Question
I have a text file that has several hundred lines. Each line consists of 75 comma delimited fields. I need to capture the first 40 fields into another file. I did this using Input Field1, Field2....Field75 and then saving the first 40 fields to a new file. A lot of typing of variables, but it works fine. However the number of fields increases from time to time and may go well over 100 in the future, which requires me to update my utility each time. What I would like to do is capture the first 40 fields (they don't change) regardless of how many total fields there are, some way oth...

Newbie question: text expressions?
I am hoping the members of this group can help out with a postscript newbie question. I have a need (for reasons too hilarious to go into here) to post-process Postscript output files from an application before they go to print. What I need to do is find a certain byte value (0xBA) and change it to print as a Registered Trademark symbol. I think the best way to do this is to insert an escape sequence into the operand for the ( ) show command such that the magic byte becomes a 'registered.' I am having the devil's own time finding the right reference to how this would be constru...

newbie question about XML with java

Newbie Question: CSV to XML
Hi, I'm learning more and more about Python all the time but I'm still a real newbie. I wrote this little script to convert CSV to XML and I was hoping to get some feedback on it if anyone was willing to comment. It works but I was wondering if there was anything I could do better. E.g., incorporate minidom somehow? But I'm totally in the dark as how I would do this. Thanks, Greg ### #csv to XML conversion utility import os, re, csv root = raw_input("Enter the path where the program should run: ") fname = raw_input("Enter name of the uncoverted file: ") ...

Newbie Text Processing Question
Hi, I'm a total newbie to Python so any and all advice is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to use regular expressions to process text in an SGML file but only in one section. So the input would look like this: <ch-part no="I"><title>RESEARCH GUIDE <sec-main no="1.01"><title>content <para>content <sec-main no="2.01"><title>content <para>content <ch-part no="II"><title>FORMS <sec-main no="3.01"><title>content <sec-sub1 no="1"><title>conten...

Newbie XML/XSL question
I am doing a simple task where I am trying to create a table of car with column headers such as model, make, color etc and then hav details of the different cars underneath ..... and I have to create dtd, xml and xls file for them. I have tried entering one set of dat for a Mercedes car but the data just all comes out together on one lin and doesn't create the table as I had hoped! My output looks lik this: Cars for Sale makemodelyearcolorengineradioair conditioningpower windowspowe steeringpower brakes1Mercedes BenzE2402003Black8fuel_injected yes ye yes yes yes Any help MUCH appreciated. Thanks Here is my code: cars_for_sale.DTD: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!ELEMENT cars (car+)> <!ELEMENT car (make, model, year, color, engine, number_of_doors transmission_type, accessories*)> <!ELEMENT engine (number_of_cylinders+, fuel_system)> <!ELEMENT make (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT model (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT year (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT color (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT number_of_doors (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT transmission_type (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT accessories (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT number_of_cylinders (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT fuel_system (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST accessories radio CDATA #REQUIRED> <!ATTLIST accessories air_conditioning CDATA #REQUIRED> <!ATTLIST accessories power_windows CDATA #REQUIRED> <!ATTLIST accessories power_steering CDATA #REQUIRED> <!ATTLIST accessories power_brakes CD...

General xml question from newbie

XML Schema newbie question

Newbie text input question
Hi gang, I am working on a program that sends control signals to the serial port to send morse code from text entered at the keyboard. This is an exercise to learn more about Forth as well as to use it on the air. As a first cut attempt I have re-defined the letters a-z to words that in turn send the appropriate 'on-off' signals to the RTS pin on the com1 serial port with the correct (and modifiable timings). However, I realize the re-defining characters is not the way to go. What I >really< what is to have the program read input from the keyboard, and call the words...

Newbie Text input question
I'm modifying a small applet for a web server that accepts text input in one box, and shows the returned data in another box. As long as I'm typing text, all works well. However my application depends on the ESCape key for control. The code will not pass the ESC keypress to the system. A code snippet is below: Is my problem the input_box.getText(); line, or is it something else? /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ public void textValueChanged(TextEvent e) { int len, i; String str = new String(""); String message = input_box.getText(); len = message.length() - oldmessage.length(); if (len < 0) { for (i = 0; i < -len; i++) str += "\b"; //System.out.println("Backspace"); } else if (len > 0) { str = message.substring(oldmessage.length()); //System.out.println("len = "+str.length()+" str = "+str); } oldmessage = message; if ( (len != 0) && (gtp != null) ) gtp.send(str); /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ TIA LowlyEngineer wrote: > I'm modifying a small applet for a web server that accepts text input > in one box, and shows the returned data in another box. > > As long as I'm typing text, all works well. However my application > depends on the ESCape key for control. The code will not pass > the ESC keypress ...

Newbie XML Output question
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I've been having with mod-python and a javascript application I'm running. When I run a GET on the actual XML file from the javascript, I can easily parse the file. However, when I use a mod-python handler and run this code: LOCAL_FILE = 'htdocs/ethan/info.xml'; def get_request(req): if req.method == 'GET': req.content_type = "text/xml" req.sendfile(LOCAL_FILE) req.write(file) return apache.OK The file is sent but the same code that parsed the actual file can't parse w...

Web resources about - Newbie Question (Tcl) - comp.text.xml

Nico Rosberg and Formula One's biggest question ... can he beat Hamilton?
Formula one's biggest question. Can Nico Rosberg beat Lewis Hamilton?

Experts question effectiveness of Xenophon's reforms to foreign investment laws
Nick Xenophon says current foreign investment laws are as clear as mud and weak as water.

I assume we're dealing with burst photography, so the question is: Why choose this particular instant ...
Everyone was just talking about that wonderful photograph that Christopher Horner captured at a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game last Saturday. ...

Germanwings Crash Probe Questions Pilots' Medical Privacy Rights
Pilots with mental health issues shouldn’t enjoy the same privacy rights as other people because of the threat posed to passenger safety, according ...

Florida governor kicked off 'Morning Joe' after dodging questions about Trump's latest inflammatory statement ...
Florida Gov. Rick Scott was kicked off of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday after he refused to directly answer a question about GOP frontrunner ...

Questions remain as 1 of 2 escaped New Mexico inmates caught
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — With the headcount complete, the two guards pulled away from a state correctional center in a remote part of southeastern ...

Wake up Texas. Houston. It's not a question of if. The question is when.
Willful passivity and political cowardice can be a real and present danger to our lives. Few of us in the Galveston/Houston area will ever forget ...

'Bates Motel' Season 4 Spoilers: 5 Burning Questions We Have After Watching The Premiere
Here are five burning questions that we need answered after watching the season 4 premiere of "Bates Motel."

Louis van Gaal questions importance of criticism ex players - ESPN FC
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal brushed aside criticism from former players Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes after losing to Liverpool. ...