Php into XML

Heelo everybody.
I am using XML and XSL to analyse a text.
Now, I am trying to integrate php into the XML code, in order to make
the XML page dynamic.
Yet the parser doesn't even read the php code embedded in the xml page.
Here is the beginning of my XML page, inf-dev.xml
-----
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE inferno SYSTEM
"file:/Users/davidebenini/Documents/Universita%CC%80/Dottorato/inferno/inferno.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet
    type="text/xsl" href="inf-dev.xslt"?>

<inferno>
<filtro>FILTRO: <?php
    echo "Filtro passsato in php";
    ?>-</filtro>
     <canto>
         <n>1</n>
         <passo>
             <vv>1</vv>
             <dante>
                 <v>Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita</v>
             </dante>
             <carson>
                 <v>Halfway through the story of my life</v>
             </carson>
             <nota>
                 <n>Carson introduce story</n>
             </nota>
         </passo>
         <passo>
             <vv>14</vv>
             <dante>
                 <v>l� dove terminava quella valle</v>
             </dante>
             <carson>
                 <v>hill; here, thre valley formed a cul-de-sac</v>
             </carson>
             <nota>Carson introduce cul-de-sac, uno dei termini che
spesso associa ai vicoli di
                 Belfast; prima nota di colore locale</nota>
         </passo>

----- and so on.

Then, this is the XSLT, inf-dev.xslt
----
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:template match="/">

     <head>
         <title>Inferno: comparazione</title>
         <link rel="stylesheet" title="main" href="stile-inf.css"
type="text/css" />
     </head>
     <?php
  echo"Php funziona<br>";
  $risultato=$_POST[keyword];
  echo "Hai inviato $risultato";
?>
         <h1>Inferno</h1>
         <xsl:value-of select="inferno/filtro"/>
         <xsl:for-each select="inferno/canto">
             <h2>
                 Canto <xsl:value-of select="n"/>
             </h2>
             <xsl:for-each select="passo">

                     <xsl:value-of select="../n"/>, <xsl:value-of
select="vv"/>
                                 <xsl:for-each select="dante/v">
                                     <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                                 </xsl:for-each>

                                 <xsl:for-each select="carson/v">
                                     <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                                 </xsl:for-each>
                     <xsl:for-each select="nota">
                         - <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                     </xsl:for-each>

             </xsl:for-each>

         </xsl:for-each>

     </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
  ---
As you've probably noticed, the php code is only for testing purpouses...
Yet the output doesn't show the value of <filtro>, only the string; the
php code is ignored.
Any suggestion?
Cheers,
Davide

Davide Benini wrote:
> Heelo everybody.
> I am using XML and XSL to analyse a text.
> Now, I am trying to integrate php into the XML code, in order to make
> the XML page dynamic.
> Yet the parser doesn't even read the php code embedded in the xml page.

You need to configure your system to run PHP then XSLT.  For example,
if you were using Apache you could make PHP the handler and then add
mod_transform as output filter.  But since you didn't say what the
system is, I can only suggest you read its manual.

--
Nick Kew
0
Nick Kew wrote:
> Davide Benini wrote:
>
>>Heelo everybody.
>>I am using XML and XSL to analyse a text.
>>Now, I am trying to integrate php into the XML code, in order to make
>>the XML page dynamic.
>>Yet the parser doesn't even read the php code embedded in the xml page.
>

> You need to configure your system to run PHP then XSLT.  For example,
> if you were using Apache you could make PHP the handler and then add
> mod_transform as output filter.  But since you didn't say what the
> system is, I can only suggest you read its manual.

Sorry; it's a mac with OS X, so it is apache indeed.
How do I perform the operation you suggested in detail?
Cheers,
Davide
Davide Benini wrote:

> Heelo everybody.
> I am using XML and XSL to analyse a text.
> Now, I am trying to integrate php into the XML code, in order to make
> the XML page dynamic.
> Yet the parser doesn't even read the php code embedded in the xml page.

That is correct. It's not supposed to -- PHP statements use Processing
Instructions which XML software is required to ignore and pass through
for later action (in this case by PHP). PHP is not an XML technology,
so an XML parser cannot do anything with it. To make XML handle it, you
have to pass it through a PHP processor first, so that the PHP material
becomes XML.

///Peter
&;top"
0
Peter

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and the information with PHP. This is very easy to do in terms of coding for it. But I'm wondering? Is it time for me to switch to the XML with XSL method instead? Everyone seems to be talking of XML as the end all be all. I've looked into it, and on the surface, I just can't tell if it's worth it. I don't really see the benefit. XML is just a "create your own HTML tags" and then figure out wtf to do with them orgy. Great, so I can write <dog>Spot</dog>. Whoop de do, that's useless to me unless I write a parser for it to display it in a user friendly way. And I shouldn't have to write a parser, there should be standardized ones for certain purposes. But wait, isn't that what HTML already is? A bunch of <dog>Spot</dog> (figuratively speaking) with the parsers having been written and mostly standardized between companies ages ago...

embedding xml in xml as non-xml :)
Hi all, I have an application that logs in xml. Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml data, the structure of the document changes. ie. <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains non-xml data. My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that would treat anything this element contains as a literal? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Mark Mark Van Orman <mark@icsaccess.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an application that logs in xml. > > Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs > anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml > data, the structure of the document changes. ie. > <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems > with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains > non-xml data. > > My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the > <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that > would treat anything this element contains as a literal? > > Any help or suggestions would be greatly ap...

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

xml from 2 xml
Hi to everybody, would I like to create a consequential xml from the elaboration of two files xml using xslt, but is it possible to give in input to a trasform 2 files xml? thanks for the possible answers I have already found from me the answer: the function document('file2.xml') matatu ha scritto: > Hi to everybody, > > would I like to create a consequential xml from the elaboration of two > files xml using xslt, but is it possible to give in input to a trasform > 2 files xml? > > thanks for the possible answers ...

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

XML to XML Transformation

Different results parsing a XML file with XML::Simple (XML::Sax vs. XML::Parser)
Hello Usenet. I'm subject to some confusion with XML and UTF8. I'm working with XML-Simple and I try to decode some XML with with german umlauts (ISO-8859-1). The first XML line declared the encoding correct (see code below). But I'm getting different results using XML-Simple with the default XML parser named XML::Sax and a second parser named XML::Parser. The following code tries to decode the mini XML file and prints the UTF8 flags of the resulting strings. Can someone run this code on his machine and post the results? Thanks. The results on my machine are this: ���ä...

[XML] Is there an XML group?
Hi, I've typed an XML source which calls a CSS source, the result should be a page displayed in IE6, instead I see the XML source. That's pretty logical since there a no XHTML tags for IE6 to interpret. I'm looking for a discussion group like'comp.lang.xml' but I can't find one. Please help me. The first task is to see the Blue Jay. universalbitmapper wrote: > I'm looking for a discussion group like'comp.lang.xml' but I can't find > one. There's a comp.text.xml, which might be what you're looking for. Note that I don't read it,...

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

XML to XML conversion

PHP XML-XML curl function not working. Please help
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to get the following php script to work with an ebay API. It sends XML and then returns XML and formats it into links. THing is it doesn;t work, and I'm not sure why. Can anyone see where I'm going wrong? Thank you in advance, Raj <?php $query = 'ipod'; $endpoint = 'http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?'; $resp = simplexml_load_string(constructPostCallAndGetResponse($endpoint, $query)); if ($resp) { $results = ''; foreach($resp->Item as $item) { $link = $item->ViewItemURLForNaturalSearch; $tit...

Adressing node element when parsing xml with PHP and simple XML
I need to get the elements under this XML top structure using simplexml: <PKT> - <Result Name="GetTopWinnersForLastXMinutes" Success="1"> - <Returnset> - <Winner> I am trying to get the elements, associate them in one variable and foreach them under <Winner> like this: foreach($xml->Result.Returnset.Winner as $Winner) But the resulting page is blank. Could anyone please give me a hint? On 28 Nov 2009, Nosferatum <john.olav.o@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to get the elements under this XML top structure using > simplexml: > <PKT> > - <Result Name="GetTopWinnersForLastXMinutes" Success="1"> > - <Returnset> > - <Winner> > > I am trying to get the elements, associate them in one variable > and foreach them under <Winner> like this: > foreach($xml->Result.Returnset.Winner as $Winner) foreach ($xml->Result->Returnset->Winner as $Winner) { /* ... */ } > But the resulting page is blank. Could anyone please give me a > hint? In addition to the above, you can use XPath: <?php /* instantiate a SimpleXMLElement object ... */ $result = $xml->xpath('Result/Returnset/Winner'); foreach ($result as $node) { /* ... */ } ?> -- Curtis Dyer <? $x='<? $x=%c%s%c;printf($x,39,$x,39);?>';printf($x,39,$x,39);?&...

[rfc-dist] RFC 6207 on The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 6207 Title: The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml Author: R. Denenberg, Ed. Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: April 2011 Mailbox: rden@loc.gov Pages: 11 Characters: 18090 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt URL: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6207.txt This document specifies media types for the following formats: MODS (Metadata Object Description Schema), MADS (Metadata Authority Description Schema), METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard), MARCXML (MARC21 XML Schema), and the SRU (Search/Retrieve via URL Response Format) protocol response XML schema. These are all XML schemas providing representations of various forms of information including metadata and search results. This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes. INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of this memo is unlimited. This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists. T...

How to retrieve XML CDATA text contents by org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2?
For example I have a XML tag <script> <![CDATA[ My script is here ]]> </script> I am using org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2 to parse my XML file. How do I retrieve my script contents? What shall I do in these two methods? @Override public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName, Attributes attributes) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { // How to retrieve my script contents? } } @Override public void endElement(String uri, String localName, String qName) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { ...

OpenVMS + PHP +XSL + DOM XML problem --> (cannot load/transform XML)
Hey! I have a problem loading (transforming) XML file using DOM XML extension on OpenVMS (alpha). I have installed libxml2, mysql, apache,... following steps described here (http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/kits/) All I want to do is: 1. build an XML from MySQL DB (functions like load, saveXML, appendChild, createElement are used) 2. Load an XSL file 3. transform XML with loaded XSL and show (echo) the result of the transformation My problem is that none of xmldom functions (which work on PHP 5) are supported. Why is that? Do I need some extension for domxml for OpenVMS? Where...

TCL/PHP/XML problem: I need to convert an XML file into a TCL list
My TCL proc, XML_GET_ALL_ELEMENT_ATTRS, is supposed to convert an XML file into a TCL list as follows: attr1 {val1} attr2 {val2} ... attrN {valN} This is the TCL code that does this: [TCL] set contents [read $fileID [file size ${fileName}.xml]]; close $fileID if {![string equal $switch -body]} { # ONLY DO THIS IF THE XML CONTENTS CONTAIN NO BODY - WILL UPGRADE AT A LATER DATE 11/24/2006 - PHIL global serverName if {![info exists serverName]} { global env source ./cgi_globals.tcl global serverName } if {[string length [info procs {URL_ENCODE}]] == 0} { source...

web.xml / XML schema issue, why do some XML schema attributes disappear
Hi I'm trying to get my j2ee app to run on Jboss (version 3.2.3), but Jboss complains there are some missing attributes in the web-app element. The attributes are present in the XML file, but they seem to be removed by the parser, also when I view the file in a web browser. My XML below (I have cut out a lot of stuff for the purpose of this post) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd"> <web-app xmlns="...

Installation of: XML-DOM-1.44, XML-Parser-2.36, XML-RSS-1.47, XML-Simple-2.18
- CPAN Forum Q&A, Installation of; -- XML-Writer-0.606 -- XML-DOM-1.44 -- XML-Simple-2.18 -- XML-RSS-1.47 -- XML-Parser-2.36 As concerns the installation of the four items above, these errors are continously flagged as an intervention to the process; XML-Simple-2.18, flagged: ======================== Checking installed modules... could not find ParseDetails.ini in C: \strawberry\perl\vendor\lib\xml\sax XML::Sax is installed, it will be used by the test suite Could not open 'lib/XML/Simple.pm': No such file or directory at C:/ strawberry/perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 2627. --...

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

XML Validation From XML Schema
I am trying to validate a XML file from java according to a XML Schema and get a list of all elements that fail validation. I am utilizing a class that implements the ErrorHandler interface and can generate the list if all errors. The problem is that I need to send back the XPath of the offending elements. The data in the message field of the ErrorHandler is not the complete XPath. Does anyone have a solution of this problem? MJ ...

XML Signature, how to sign XML?
Hello! I have been trying to sign XML document "sample.xml" located eg. in http://localhost/sample.xml, using Apache XML Security package from http://xml.apache.org/security/Java/. I am using NullURIReferenceResolver class to create URI for my "sample.xml" document. Unfortunately, when I was trying to compile my source code, I got the following exceptions: ----------- Exceptions in thread "main" org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: The XPath is not in the same document as the context node Orginal Exception was org.apache.xml.security.signature.ReferenceNotInitialized .... Orginal Exception was org.apache.xml.security.transforms.TransformationException: The XPath is not in the same document as the context node ..... ----------- Please help. I don't really know what I should fix in this code to make it work properly. In advace, thanks a lot for support & helping hand. best regards, Darek PS. Here is the source code: package org.apache.xml.security.samples.signature; import java.io.*; import java.lang.reflect.*; import java.security.*; import java.security.cert.*; import java.util.*; import javax.xml.transform.TransformerException; import org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI; import org.w3c.dom.*; import org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.MessageDigestAlgorithm; import org.apache.xml.security.c14n.*; import org.apache.xml.security.exceptions.XMLSecurityException; import org.apache.xml.security.signature.*; import org.apache...

php and xml
hi, this is a bit of an advice thing. iv just finished a degree in multimedia, where i learned the usuals... html flash director javascript i also learned php and i have been told that i should get to grips with xml as this combination is verry useful so iv been messing arround with xml for the past couple of days trying to figure out how the two would work together. i just cant grasp the idea.. on thought i have had is that you could use php with a database to generate xml but surely that would not be parsed as xml as it would have the .php extension.. as i say im strugling to get this ...

Web resources about - Php into XML - comp.text.xml

Why the GOP Race Will Likely Stretch Into the Summer
The March 15 Republican primaries will be the most important contests to date in determining who the GOP presidential nominee will be. Read more ...

Ankara bombing: More than 30 people killed, 125 injured in blast in Turkey, official says
More than 30 are killed and 125 injured in a blast in the heart of the Turkish capital Ankara.

Zendaya Inspires At 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, Feuds With Julie Klausner On Twitter
Zendaya took home the award for favorite female TV star in a kids’ show at the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, and gave an inspiring speech to both ...

Human Go champ scores surprise victory over supercomputer
A South Korean Go grandmaster on Sunday scored his first win over a Google-developed supercomputer, in a surprise victory after three humiliating ...

Andreas Lubitz: A Year After Germanwings Tragedy Brings The Topic Of Pilot Mental Health Back To The ...
Almost a year after Andreas Lubitz committed suicide by intentionally crashing a Germanwings plane, killing all 150 people on board, pilot mental ...

2016 NCAA Tournament Brackets: Full Seeds For All 68 Teams After Selection Sunday
Selection Sunday has arrived and it’s time to reveal all 68 teams that made it into the 2016 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. March Madness ...

Grand Bassam attack: Gunmen kill 16 in Ivory Coast resort town shooting, President says
At least 16 people are killed when gunmen open fire on beachgoers at a resort town in Ivory Coast.

Second body recovered after tugboat collision at New York bridge
Washington Post Second body recovered after tugboat collision at New York bridge Reuters NEW YORK A second body was recovered in the Hudson ...

Kanye West Tweets ‘Why Do People Not Want Me To Be Me,’ Plans To Release Three Albums A Year
Kanye West is possibly becoming more famous for his constant train of thoughts over Twitter than he is for recording albums and as a fashion ...

The Extreme Daylight Saving Times of World War II
(Image: Mike Licht ) Are you frustrated that you lost an hour today? That's nothing compared to the experience of daylight saving time during ...