xml from 2 xml

Hi to everybody,

would I like to create a consequential xml from the elaboration of two
files xml using xslt, but is it possible to give in input to a trasform
2 files xml?

thanks for the possible answers
0
mar0as (16)

I have already found from me the answer: the function
document('file2.xml')

matatu ha scritto:

> Hi to everybody,
>
> would I like to create a consequential xml from the elaboration of two
> files xml using xslt, but is it possible to give in input to a trasform
> 2 files xml?
>
> thanks for the possible answers
0
mar0as (16)

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and the information with PHP. This is very easy to do in terms of coding for it. But I'm wondering? Is it time for me to switch to the XML with XSL method instead? Everyone seems to be talking of XML as the end all be all. I've looked into it, and on the surface, I just can't tell if it's worth it. I don't really see the benefit. XML is just a "create your own HTML tags" and then figure out wtf to do with them orgy. Great, so I can write <dog>Spot</dog>. Whoop de do, that's useless to me unless I write a parser for it to display it in a user friendly way. And I shouldn't have to write a parser, there should be standardized ones for certain purposes. But wait, isn't that what HTML already is? A bunch of <dog>Spot</dog> (figuratively speaking) with the parsers having been written and mostly standardized between companies ages ago...

Installation of: XML-DOM-1.44, XML-Parser-2.36, XML-RSS-1.47, XML-Simple-2.18
- CPAN Forum Q&A, Installation of; -- XML-Writer-0.606 -- XML-DOM-1.44 -- XML-Simple-2.18 -- XML-RSS-1.47 -- XML-Parser-2.36 As concerns the installation of the four items above, these errors are continously flagged as an intervention to the process; XML-Simple-2.18, flagged: ======================== Checking installed modules... could not find ParseDetails.ini in C: \strawberry\perl\vendor\lib\xml\sax XML::Sax is installed, it will be used by the test suite Could not open 'lib/XML/Simple.pm': No such file or directory at C:/ strawberry/perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 2627. --...

embedding xml in xml as non-xml :)
Hi all, I have an application that logs in xml. Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml data, the structure of the document changes. ie. <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains non-xml data. My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that would treat anything this element contains as a literal? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Mark Mark Van Orman <mark@icsaccess.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an application that logs in xml. > > Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs > anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml > data, the structure of the document changes. ie. > <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems > with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains > non-xml data. > > My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the > <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that > would treat anything this element contains as a literal? > > Any help or suggestions would be greatly ap...

Different results parsing a XML file with XML::Simple (XML::Sax vs. XML::Parser)
Hello Usenet. I'm subject to some confusion with XML and UTF8. I'm working with XML-Simple and I try to decode some XML with with german umlauts (ISO-8859-1). The first XML line declared the encoding correct (see code below). But I'm getting different results using XML-Simple with the default XML parser named XML::Sax and a second parser named XML::Parser. The following code tries to decode the mini XML file and prints the UTF8 flags of the resulting strings. Can someone run this code on his machine and post the results? Thanks. The results on my machine are this: ���ä...

XML to XML Transformation

XML to XML conversion

[XML] Is there an XML group?
Hi, I've typed an XML source which calls a CSS source, the result should be a page displayed in IE6, instead I see the XML source. That's pretty logical since there a no XHTML tags for IE6 to interpret. I'm looking for a discussion group like'comp.lang.xml' but I can't find one. Please help me. The first task is to see the Blue Jay. universalbitmapper wrote: > I'm looking for a discussion group like'comp.lang.xml' but I can't find > one. There's a comp.text.xml, which might be what you're looking for. Note that I don't read it,...

Newbie: XML 2 XML and namespaces
Hi, newbie needs help... My from XML has a namespace defined with no prefix. I tried to create a XSL that converts this from XML to another one. I tried it without that namespace and with that namespace. No matter what I try, I can't get this to work. The only time I succeed is when deleting the namespace in the from XML file. But that's no option... Inserted below are a sample XML and XSL file and both have the name spaces. Can someone please point me in the right direction: how to get the XSL to work with that namespace declaration in the XML. Thanks, Mark ============================================= XML ============================================= <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <Report xmlns="urn:crystal-reports:schemas" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:crystal-reports:schemas Untitled.xsd" > <Details_1 SectionNumber="0"> <Klanten.Klantnummer FieldName="{Klanten.Klantnummer}">ALFKI</Klanten.Klantnummer> <Klanten.Bedrijf FieldName="{Klanten.Bedrijf}">Alfreds Futterkiste</Klanten.Bedrijf> <Klanten.Contactpersoon FieldName="{Klanten.Contactpersoon}">Maria Anders</Klanten.Contactpersoon> <Klanten.Functie FieldName="{Klanten.Functie}">Vertegenwoordiger</Klanten.Functie> <Klanten.Adres FieldName="{Klanten.Adres}">Obere Str....

[rfc-dist] RFC 6207 on The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 6207 Title: The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml Author: R. Denenberg, Ed. Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: April 2011 Mailbox: rden@loc.gov Pages: 11 Characters: 18090 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt URL: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6207.txt This document specifies media types for the following formats: MODS (Metadata Object Description Schema), MADS (Metadata Authority Description Schema), METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard), MARCXML (MARC21 XML Schema), and the SRU (Search/Retrieve via URL Response Format) protocol response XML schema. These are all XML schemas providing representations of various forms of information including metadata and search results. This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes. INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of this memo is unlimited. This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists. T...

[ANN] Syncro Soft Announces New Release of Oxygen XML Editor, Oxygen XML Author and Oxygen XML Developer, version 13.2
Release date: January 12, 2012 Syncro Soft SRL, the producer of Oxygen XML Editor, has announced the immed= iate availability of version 13.2 of its XML Editor containing a comprehens= ive set of tools supporting all the XML related technologies. Oxygen combin= es content author features like the CSS driven Visual XML editor with a ful= ly featured XML development environment. It has ready-to-use support for th= e main document frameworks DITA, DocBook, TEI and XHTML and also includes s= upport for all XML Schema languages, XSLT/XQuery Debuggers, WSDL analyzer, = XML Databases, XML...

[ANN] Syncro Soft Announces New Release of Oxygen XML Editor, Oxygen XML Author and Oxygen XML Developer, version 13.2
Release date: January 12, 2012 Syncro Soft SRL, the producer of Oxygen XML Editor, has announced the immed= iate availability of version 13.2 of its XML Editor containing a comprehens= ive set of tools supporting all the XML related technologies. Oxygen combin= es content author features like the CSS driven Visual XML editor with a ful= ly featured XML development environment. It has ready-to-use support for th= e main document frameworks DITA, DocBook, TEI and XHTML and also includes s= upport for all XML Schema languages, XSLT/XQuery Debuggers, WSDL analyzer, = XML Databases, XML Diff and Merge, SVN client and more.=20 Version 13.2 introduces a new Syntax Highlight mechanism capable of handlin= g mixed content types, improves the JSON editing support and bidirectional = documents rendering, extends the XML-native database support with find/repl= ace capabilities and updates many third-party components. Also, there are m= any improvements in the authoring support, including an updated DITA Maps M= etrics Report, experimental support for CGM images and updated API . For the complete list of new features and detailed information please visit= =20 http://www.oxygenxml.com/index.html#new-version Pricing and Availability Oxygen XML Editor is available immediately in three editions: Multi-platform Academic/Personal license costs USD 64.00 (includes the one = year support and maintenance pack) Multi-platform Professional license costs USD 488.00 Multi-platform Enterprise lice...

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

PHP4 Dom XML to PHP5 XML #2
Can anyone point me to a guide or something for conversion? I tryed http://alexandre.alapetite.net/doc-alex/domxml-php4-php5/index.en.html but it doesn't work (not all parts anyway) - and as I can't find a working IDE/debugger combination I can't currently figure out why. I need to translate following code: PHP4 $eir_dom = domxml_open_mem($eir_padfile_content); $eir_root_node = $eir_dom->document_element(); // = root element PHP5 $eir_dom = new DOMDocument; $eir_dom->loadXml($eir_padfile_content); // need equalant of: document_element(); PHP4 .... $nodes = $cur_root_nod...

web.xml / XML schema issue, why do some XML schema attributes disappear
Hi I'm trying to get my j2ee app to run on Jboss (version 3.2.3), but Jboss complains there are some missing attributes in the web-app element. The attributes are present in the XML file, but they seem to be removed by the parser, also when I view the file in a web browser. My XML below (I have cut out a lot of stuff for the purpose of this post) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd"> <web-app xmlns="...

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

Generate an XML in Java using an XML Schema #2
Hi, Is it possible to create an XML in Java using an XML Schema? Is the XML Schema just for validation? Thanks! V On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 09:43 -0700, vmtigno@yahoo.com wrote: > > Is it possible to create an XML in Java using an XML Schema? Is the > XML > Schema just for validation? Well, XML Schema isn't "just" for validation. It defines the structure that a given document may have, which happens to be useful for validation. I use Castor to generate java objects from XSD. Those objects are essentially beans, which can be marshalled or unmarshalled to or from X...

html forms xml and xml
So I have been working on a little project and with the help of some folks here I have the xml and xsl part working nicely. Here is the link to the xml; <http://ocgweb.marine.usf.edu/c10B.xml> and the xsl; <http://ocgweb.marine.usf.edu/testds.xsl> As you can see I can change which Mooring Info is displayed by changing the select on line 9 of the xsl sheet. So I turned to working on my form where a user would select a specific mooring and then submit and the action= would pass the post value of the submit to the c10B.xml. Of course I found that this doesn't work and I googled all over the place trying to find a way to pass this single value to the xsl sheet so it knew which mooring to display. Then it occurred to me that I am not telling it to pass the value to the xsl sheet because I am telling it to go to the xml page. So I am a little confused here as to how exactly this would work and was hoping that someone might explain it to me and maybe point me in the right direction as to how I can accomplish this task. Keeping in mind that anything beyond basic right now will look like rocket science to me. Thanks, Patrick -- Patrick A. Smith Assistant System Administrator Ocean Circulation Group � USF - College of Marine Science http://ocgweb.marine.usf.edu Phone: 727 553-3334 The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was. - La Rochefoucauld Patrick wrote: > So I turn...

XML diff/XML patch
Hi, I'm looking for a tool which can build XML patch files and then apply them. Specifically, I'd like the patches to be applied in an associative fashion, so if I have a patch that does A->B and a patch that does A->C, I'd like to be able to apply both patches to A in either order. I know that this can't be done in the general case, but I'd like a tool which will try and fail if it isn't possible. I also need it to be namespace aware. Yes, I want the moon on a stick. I've looked at the obvious tools in Google land and a lot of them seem to be immature or untouched for years. I've started poking around in these, but I wondered whether anybody had any direct experience. Thanks in advance, Peter psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote: > I've looked at the obvious tools in Google land and a lot of them seem > to be immature or untouched for years. I've started poking around in > these, but I wondered whether anybody had any direct experience. Check whether the following tool meets your requirements: <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302295.aspx> -- Martin Honnen http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Martin Honnen wrote: > psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote: > >> I've looked at the obvious tools in Google land and a lot of them seem >> to be immature or untouched for years. I've started poking around in >> these, but I wondered whether anybody had any direct experience. > >...

XML Validation From XML Schema
I am trying to validate a XML file from java according to a XML Schema and get a list of all elements that fail validation. I am utilizing a class that implements the ErrorHandler interface and can generate the list if all errors. The problem is that I need to send back the XPath of the offending elements. The data in the message field of the ErrorHandler is not the complete XPath. Does anyone have a solution of this problem? MJ ...

Xml to Xml transform problem

Web resources about - xml from 2 xml - comp.text.xml

Stage-Rushing Protestor Admits Premeditated Plans Aimed at ‘Coward, Opportunistic’ Trump
Tommy DiMassino , the protestor who made headlines this weekend in Dayton, Ohio after rushing the stage at a Donald Trump rally, spoke exclusively ...

Ankara bombing: More than 30 people killed, 125 injured in blast in Turkey, official says
More than 30 are killed and 125 injured in a blast in the heart of the Turkish capital Ankara.

Zendaya Inspires At 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, Feuds With Julie Klausner On Twitter
Zendaya took home the award for favorite female TV star in a kids’ show at the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, and gave an inspiring speech to both ...

Human Go champ scores surprise victory over supercomputer
A South Korean Go grandmaster on Sunday scored his first win over a Google-developed supercomputer, in a surprise victory after three humiliating ...

Andreas Lubitz: A Year After Germanwings Tragedy Brings The Topic Of Pilot Mental Health Back To The ...
Almost a year after Andreas Lubitz committed suicide by intentionally crashing a Germanwings plane, killing all 150 people on board, pilot mental ...

North Carolina No. 1 seed in East and opens close to home
VILLANOVA, Pa. (AP) — North Carolina is again a No. 1 seed. The Tar Heels are hopeful staying close to home can again spark another Final Four ...

Al Qaeda Gunmen Kill 16 in Attack on Ivory Coast Resort Hotels
On Sunday, six gunmen from Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the terrorist group’s North African affiliate, killed 16 people, including ...

‘Zootopia’ Movie Tops Box Office Weekend Again, Sets Course For A Place In The Top 10 Grossing Animated ...
The Zootopia movie has topped Box office domestic grossing for the second successive weekend after receiving revenue of $50 million. Zootopia ...

Steve Ballmer invites Kanye West to lunch after rapper asks to ‘redesign’ Clippers mascot
Steve Ballmer dunks during halftime at a recent Clippers game. Earlier Sunday, rapper Kanye West voiced his displeasure with the Los Angeles ...

Second body recovered from scene of New York tugboat crash
CNN Second body recovered from scene of New York tugboat crash CNN New York (CNN) A second body was recovered Sunday after a tugboat accident ...