XML Schema for Node with attribute and text

I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node
everywhere.

<Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param>

How do i arrange a complex type that contains an attribute and a text.
This :
   <xs:complexType name="Param">
      <xs:attribute name="name" />
   </xs:complexType>
Result as :
  <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2" line="3086"
    resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML
Schema/test.xml">element Param must be empty but is not</invalid>

This :
   <xs:complexType name="Param">
      <xs:all>
         <xs:element name="text" type="xs:string" />
      </xs:all>
      <xs:attribute name="name" />
   </xs:complexType>
Result as :
  <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2.3" line="3086"
    resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML
Schema/test.xml">text not allowed: |ABCD|</invalid>

I just dont know where to add the unnamed <xs:element ... > tag.

Anyone can help me figure this out?

Thx

In article <de3c2ad2.0311281339.e74b69b@posting.google.com>,

%
% <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param>
%
% How do i arrange a complex type that contains an attribute and a text.

Use xs:simpleContent.

  <xs:complexType name="Param">
    <xs:simpleContent>
      <xs:extension base="xs:string">
        <xs:attribute name="name"/>
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:simpleContent>
  </xs:complexType>

--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

web.xml / XML schema issue, why do some XML schema attributes disappear
Hi I'm trying to get my j2ee app to run on Jboss (version 3.2.3), but Jboss complains there are some missing attributes in the web-app element. The attributes are present in the XML file, but they seem to be removed by the parser, also when I view the file in a web browser. My XML below (I have cut out a lot of stuff for the purpose of this post) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd"> <web-app xmlns="...

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

Retrieving XML attribute using XML::XPath::Node::Attribute
Hi I am trying to retrieve an attribute of a particular node from my XML using "XML::XPath::Node::Attribute", but couldn't come across on how to successfully use it in my code. For example, if my xml is: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <data> <server_address port="40">10.0.0.1</server_address> </data> How do I go about fetching the "port" attribute from "server_address" element? Vikrant vikrant wrote: > > <?xml version="1.0" ?> > <data> > <server_address port="40&q...

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

XML Schema to XML Schema Conversion
Subject: XML Schema to XML Schema Conversion I have an XML Schema A which needs to mapped to another XML Schema B. Is there any handy tool which I could use to convert from Schema A to Schema B? Any related informaiton on this is appreciated. Thanks! XML Schema's represent the overall structure of your xml document. So if you want a different schema, you should create it. If you have commonality between the two schema's then you should think of putting that commonality in another schema and import that schema to your other schemas.. ie. if Schema A and Schema B have common features, create Schema C import Schema C into both Schema A and Schema B. about transforming one schema to another, there is the XSLT transformation which possibly could do this (since XSD is itself an XML document) but i havent that myself. Stylus Studio is something that you may want to use to play with this. "Hari Om" <hari_om@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d1d5ebe4.0403021238.4175e63f@posting.google.com... > Subject: XML Schema to XML Schema Conversion > > I have an XML Schema A which needs to mapped to another XML Schema B. > Is there any handy tool which I could use to convert from Schema A to > Schema B? > > Any related informaiton on this is appreciated. > > Thanks! ...

extracting text from an XML node

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and the information with PHP. This is very easy to do in terms of coding for it. But I'm wondering? Is it time for me to switch to the XML with XSL method instead? Everyone seems to be talking of XML as the end all be all. I've looked into it, and on the surface, I just can't tell if it's worth it. I don't really see the benefit. XML is just a "create your own HTML tags" and then figure out wtf to do with them orgy. Great, so I can write <dog>Spot</dog>. Whoop de do, that's useless to me unless I write a parser for it to display it in a user friendly way. And I shouldn't have to write a parser, there should be standardized ones for certain purposes. But wait, isn't that what HTML already is? A bunch of <dog>Spot</dog> (figuratively speaking) with the parsers having been written and mostly standardized between companies ages ago...

text-text

editor for editing xml text nodes
We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in some xml structures. These documents need to be translated by human translators from English into, for example, Chinese. We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to the text content. The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that it is guaranteed that the xml-tags are unchanged when the translator returns the translated document. The translator simply replaces all English text accessible to him into Chinese text. Does anyone know an xml editing tool which has this feature, of allowing only modification to the text node content? Alois Zreindl wrote: > We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in > some xml structures. > > These documents need to be translated by human translators from English > into, for example, Chinese. > > We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the > text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to > the text content. I am working on exactly this right now. It leaves the elements in element content inviolable, but allows element markup in mixed content (the only thing a translator should be touching). Please contact me by email to discuss this further. > The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that > it is guara...

text + text

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

XML-tagging text document from W3C-schema

converting a document node and children into xml text
is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) into an XML text. i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it to re-create the tree. thx. jman, google grouper, wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > into an XML text. Yes. Traverse the DOM node subtree and output XML accordingly. > i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it > to re-create the tree. Why? jman wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > ...

How to retrieve XML CDATA text contents by org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2?
For example I have a XML tag <script> <![CDATA[ My script is here ]]> </script> I am using org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2 to parse my XML file. How do I retrieve my script contents? What shall I do in these two methods? @Override public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName, Attributes attributes) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { // How to retrieve my script contents? } } @Override public void endElement(String uri, String localName, String qName) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { ...

get xml attribut from a xml

XML Validation From XML Schema
I am trying to validate a XML file from java according to a XML Schema and get a list of all elements that fail validation. I am utilizing a class that implements the ErrorHandler interface and can generate the list if all errors. The problem is that I need to send back the XPath of the offending elements. The data in the message field of the ErrorHandler is not the complete XPath. Does anyone have a solution of this problem? MJ ...

Adding and updating new tDOM XML text nodes
Hi guys, Some code: package require tdom # Read in data in the xml variable. set dom [dom parse -keepEmpties \ "<BASE>\n<al>\n<Cats>9 lives</Cats>\n<Canaries/>\n</al>\n</BASE>"] set doc [$dom documentElement] # Add a missing node. set node [$doc selectNodes /BASE/al] $node appendXML "<Dogs></Dogs>" # Update an existing node. set node [$doc selectNodes /BASE/al/Cats/text()] $node nodeValue "Great swingers" # Output doc to show Dogs got added and Cats changed. puts [$doc asXML] # Try to update the node with some data. set node [$doc selectNodes /BASE/al/Dogs/text()] $node nodeValue "Go Woof" Output: <BASE> <al> <Cats>Great swingers</Cats> <Canaries/> <Dogs/> </al> </BASE> invalid command name "" while executing "$node nodeValue "Go Woof"" (file "t" line 15) Platform: ActiveTCL 8.4.13.0.261555. Strangeness: I can add the new node to the XML (and it's even reformatted) for it to be called in when doing the $doc asXML, but, I can't update a newly added node. Anyone have any suggestions? In article <slrneh8g2p.irn.flavp+hfrarg@sparrow.autons.net.au>, Synic <flavp+hfrarg@nhgbaf.arg.nh> wrote: >Some code: > > package require tdom > # Read in data in the xml variable....

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

XSLT: Confusion over adding attributes with xml:element and xml:attribute
Hi there. I am working with lom metadata and I am a little confused with how to form the following xml element: <lom xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2 imsmd_v1p2p2.xsd"/> I have the following so far: <xsl:element name="lom"> <xsl:attribute namespace="xmlns" name="xsi">http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance</xsl:attribute> <xsl:apply-templates/> </xsl:element> but it creates some very strange results. Does anyone know how I could go about forming this tag? I know I could do it withou xsl:element, but I'd like to do everything by the books. Any help would be greatly appretiated. Cheers! ...jordan willms jpwillms@sfu.ca (Jordan Willms) writes: > Hi there. > > I am working with lom metadata and I am a little confused with how to > form the following xml element: > > <lom xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2" > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2 > imsmd_v1p2p2.xsd"/> > > I have the following so far: > > <xsl:element name="lom"> > <xsl:attribute namespace="xmlns" > name="xsi">http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSche...

xml file in JTree: hide text nodes with only one character
Hello, I am working on an app that will display an xml file in a JTree. So far, element and text nodes are both correctly recognized. In fact, the recognition is too good. THe xml file contains some line feeds which are interpreted as text nodes are consequently displayed in the tree as well. I tried to hide these node by using the following tree cell renderer: class XmlTreeCellRenderer extends JLabel implements TreeCellRenderer {public Component getTreeCellRendererComponent (JTree tree, Object node, boolean selected, boolean expanded, boolean isLeaf, int row, boolean hasFocus) {//* node is ...

need a help to create XML node with text and sub child.
Hi folks I need a help to create XML node with text and sub child. -------------------------------------------------------- I want to create "ADDR" node with text and child node. (First child node and then text.) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <ROOT> - <NODE> <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1> - <ADDR> <postcode>12345</postcode> Address information </ADDR> </NODE> </ROOT> -------------------------------------------------------- I can create "ADDR" node with text and child node. But first text and then child node. I can not change the location of text and child node of "ADDR" node. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <ROOT> - <NODE> <child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1> - <ADDR> Address information <postcode>12345</postcode> </ADDR> </NODE> </ROOT> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is code which I did (ASP) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Set xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") If (xmlDoc.childNodes.length = 0) Then Set objProcInstr = xmlDoc.createProcessingInstruction("xml", "version=""1.0"" encoding...

Web resources about - XML Schema for Node with attribute and text - comp.text.xml

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...