XML Software Text

http://www.richworld8.blogspot.com/

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and th...

text + text

text-text

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

xml text management and edition software
Hi, I have seen xml databases, I have seen xml editors, but I have never seen an editors simply querying the database for helping writing or for storing documents. What I am looking for is a software with some parsing and storing language: 0) a side of the screen for making queries, a side for editing: a double click on a query result inserts the xml fragment in the current document 1) I type a bibliography in a "bib" tag in some document: while saving the document, the software indexes the bibliography, so that it can then be added to the bibliography queries on autho...

How to retrieve XML CDATA text contents by org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2?
For example I have a XML tag <script> <![CDATA[ My script is here ]]> </script> I am using org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2 to parse my XML file. How do I retrieve my script contents? What shall I do in these two methods? @Override public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName, Attributes attributes) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { // How to retrieve my script contents? } } @Override public void endElement(String uri, String localName, String qName) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { ...

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

embedding xml in xml as non-xml :)
Hi all, I have an application that logs in xml. Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml data, the structure of the document changes. ie. <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains non-xml data. My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that would treat anything this element contains as a literal? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Mark Mark Van Orman <mark@icsaccess.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an application that logs in xml. > > Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs > anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml > data, the structure of the document changes. ie. > <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems > with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains > non-xml data. > > My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the > <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that > would treat anything this element contains as a literal? > > Any help or suggestions would be greatly ap...

how to Update/insert an xml element's text----> (<element> text</element>)

XML sample texts?
I'm looking for some XML sample texts to use for testing on a tool set. They won't be made available or public or anything, simply for personal use. Does anyone know where I could find some like this? I need small (~1KB), medium (~100KB), and large (~1MB) documents. It would be excellent to find HTML and TXT versions of the same files, but it's not necessary. Thanks so much! Chris "aechris" <aechris@3pm.ca> wrote in message news:ff361d89.0308140602.634e6ec2@posting.google.com... > I'm looking for some XML sample texts to use for testing on a tool > set...

xml to delimited text
Any suggestions on coverting xml to a delimited text file? I'm looking for a simple client side routine to import xml into MS Access. <Frank> wrote in message news:nuioov4bc2pe96ubkmcf9405e3kqr0j11l@4ax.com > Any suggestions on coverting xml to a delimited text file? I'm > looking for a simple client side routine to import xml into MS Access. If you are looking for suggestions... Here is one: Use XSL. ;-) If you want more specific answers ask more specific questions. Martin A fragment of the XML document would look like the following: <recording> <vide...

Text to XML Problem
Hel'o All, Currently I am working with a application which involves, writing text on windows, I am capable of writing text on windows but I have to save it as an XML document,How to proceed for the same ,Can ne one help me in achiving the desire task........ ne help appritiated........ Regards, Paul.......... U can use MSXML.dll for creating and saving XML documents. "Paul Allen" <savita.trivedi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:903ad890.0503170432.5594b517@posting.google.com... > Hel'o All, > Currently I am wor...

Query xml with text()
Hi, i've some problems when i use text() on page http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable?stazin=fewfw&stazout=roma&datag=04&datam=07&dataa=2008&timsh=15&timsm=09&x=20&y=7&lang=it&nreq=5&channel=tcom if i do //B/text() it returns to me "Stazione di partenza: nessuna stazione corrisponde ai criteri di ricerca impostati." but if i try to do //B[text()="Stazione di partenza: nessuna stazione corrisponde ai criteri di ricerca impostati."] it doesn't found any element. i'm using the library javaXpCom to do the query on the webpage. What's wrong on this query? Thanks and sorry for my bad english Ciccio Pasticcio wrote: > Hi, > > i've some problems when i use text() > > on page > http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable?stazin=fewfw&stazout=roma&datag=04&datam=07&dataa=2008&timsh=15&timsm=09&x=20&y=7&lang=it&nreq=5&channel=tcom > if i do //B/text() it returns to me "Stazione di partenza: nessuna stazione > corrisponde ai criteri di ricerca impostati." > but if i try to do //B[text()="Stazione di partenza: nessuna stazione > corrisponde ai criteri di ricerca impostati."] it doesn't found any element. Maybe it is an issue with leading and/or trailing white space. The source of that page contains <b>Stazione di partenza: nessuna stazione corrisponde ai criteri di ricerca impos...

Text to XML conversion
I was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend to me a tool that would take .txt file and convert it to XML format. Thank you very much in advance! Oleg. Thank you very much for your answer. I didn't realize there were different XML formats out there... The text file will be somewhat structured. It will contains entries, each on a separate line. We need to convert it into an XML format, so the entries can be read into a database for one of our proprietary tools... On May 25, 3:53 pm, roy axenov <r_axe...@mail.ru> wrote: > Oleg wrote: > > I was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend to me a > > tool that would take .txt file and convert it to XML > > format. Thank you very much in advance! > > There's a wonderful tool called 'echo'. Used in tandem with > its trusty sidekick, 'cat', it can convert your text files > to XML in no time at all: > > > cat text.txt > > And enterprises of great pith and moment, > With this regard, their currents turn awry, > And lose the name of action.> echo '<text><\![CDATA[' `cat text.txt` ']]></text>' > > text.xml > > xmllint text.xml > > <?xml version="1.0"?> > <text><![CDATA[ And enterprises of great pith and moment, > With this regard, their currents turn awry, And lose the > name of action. ]]></text> > > > > Seriously though, presuming...

convert text to xml
Hello All, I am just learning XML. I need your help in converting a text file to XML. The text file is not a delimited one for me to do the things easily. for eg. a sample file could be like... First Name : abcd Last Name : xyz Content : This is a sample text. It can contain - Anything - something - Nothing Start Time : 12/08/2006 14:50 The XML should be like <Root> <FirstName>abcd</FirstName> <LastName>xyz</LastName> <Content>This is a sample text. It can contain - Anything - something - Nothing </Content> <STime>12/08/2006 14:50</STime> </Root> And with this XML, i need to use XSL to display the contents in a table (HTML Format). Except the other elements, i find difficult to parse the "Content" as i need to display as it is. When i use <value-of select="Content">, i get the contents in a single line but i need to display it as it is in multiple lines Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Neeraja neeraja.ram@gmail.com wrote: > I need your help in converting a text file to > XML. The text file is not a delimited one for me to do the things > easily. Easiest option is to re-write the file generator so that it makes the output in XML. If you can't do that, then set your time machien for 10 years ago and do it with Perl (or Python), as we u...

XML text reformatting

XML text only browser?
Peter Flynn wrote: >Gherty Pavilion wrote: >> Anywhere know where I can find a text only browser, that can display an >> XML file like any other web page? I need one when I telnet. >Perhaps Emacs w3-mode can do this. I haven't used it for a long time, >but Bill Perry was one of the Few with a Clue when people started >writing browsers, and maybe he's added XML to it... Four years on, any improvements? In particular, any browsers that display xhtml in native mode, not just faking the MIME type. Or is there any other application that can be opened from the command line as a filter? Thank you Ottavio Caruso http://www.pledgebank.com/boycottvista Ottavio Caruso wrote: > Peter Flynn wrote: >> Gherty Pavilion wrote: >>> Anywhere know where I can find a text only browser, that can display an >>> XML file like any other web page? I need one when I telnet. > >> Perhaps Emacs w3-mode can do this. I haven't used it for a long time, >> but Bill Perry was one of the Few with a Clue when people started >> writing browsers, and maybe he's added XML to it... > > Four years on, any improvements? In particular, any browsers that > display xhtml in native mode, What would that imply? > not just faking the MIME type. > Or is there any other application that can be opened from the command > line as a filter? I'm not clear what you want to do with XML files. If you're teln...

Parsing text to XML
This might seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer. I've got a table full of information that I want to get into an XML format. I have a schema for the format and I can pretty much manipulate the table however needs to get it into XML. Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools would I use? Thanks =========================================================================== Chris "Chris Dubea" <cdubea@movingpart.com> wrote in message news:gr5sv1l6a3bpt6vv6cbdb1qe0vojkrcv88@4ax.com... > This might seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the > answer. > > I've got a table full of information that I want to get into an XML > format. I have a schema for the format and I can pretty much > manipulate the table however needs to get it into XML. > > Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools > would I use? > Have a look at the flat-to-XML examples in http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/. Regards, Daniel Parker > Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools > would I use? SOMETHING has to read the existing data and massage it into the new format. That something may be you, if you're willing to pound on it by hand, in which case all you need is a text editor. Or, if it's currently in a sufficiently simple format and is going into a sufficiently simple format, a simple pattern-match-and-repl...

Xml exported text
I have a file that was exported as an XML file using UFT-8 encoding. Is there a module that will allow me to convert the text so that it is readable on a Unix system. The text needs to be imported into a legacy system that does not understand UTF-8 so I end up losing some characters (',",`,\t etc). Any help would be greatly appreicated. ...

Web resources about - XML Software Text - comp.text.xml

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...