XML text to HTML

When I have XML text data like the following..
------ XML Snippet -----
<TEXT>
Hello,
XML &amp; Java Newsgroup!
</TEXT>
------------------------

I hope to get the following html
------- HTML Sinppet -----
Hello,<BR/>
XML&nbsp;&amp;&nbsp;Java&nbsp;Newsgroup!<BR/>
--------------------------

I tried a java extension, which just replaces &,whitespace and new
line(\n) to their corresponding html elements
then, get the text from the method with

<xsl:value-of select="tth:textToHtml(.)"/>

But failed, because Xalan prints html like
-------------------------
Hello,&lt;BR/&gt;
XML&amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;&amp;nbsp;Java&amp;nbsp;Newsgroup!&lt;BR/&gt;
--------------------------

I use Xalan for transforming.
How can I get the correct html from xml text?

Regards,
KwonNam.
0
ihate1 (10)

The answer is

<xsl:value-of select="tth:textToHtml(.)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

:)

Son KwonNam �� ��:
> When I have XML text data like the following..
> ------ XML Snippet -----
> <TEXT>
> Hello,
> XML &amp; Java Newsgroup!
> </TEXT>
> ------------------------
>
> I hope to get the following html
> ------- HTML Sinppet -----
> Hello,<BR/>
> XML&nbsp;&amp;&nbsp;Java&nbsp;Newsgroup!<BR/>
> --------------------------
>
> I tried a java extension, which just replaces &,whitespace and new
> line(\n) to their corresponding html elements
> then, get the text from the method with
>
> <xsl:value-of select="tth:textToHtml(.)"/>
>
> But failed, because Xalan prints html like
> -------------------------
> Hello,&lt;BR/&gt;
> XML&amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;&amp;nbsp;Java&amp;nbsp;Newsgroup!&lt;BR/&gt;
> --------------------------
>
> I use Xalan for transforming.
> How can I get the correct html from xml text?
>
> Regards,
> KwonNam.
0
ihate1 (10)

Non-XML tagged value text to XML

xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags
we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml is forwarded through the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the processing results are again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed with an xslt by the framework. now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the text inside all xml tags of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml. moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it through internet explorer, it will show the xml in proper way. i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same results... has somebody experienced similar problem before??? i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any pointers as to what can be the cause and solution to this. Thanks in advance, Shreyas Hi all, Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element. one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the <xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the <Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag...

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

text + text

To XML or not to XML?
Ok, it has been a while since I've needed to make an involved web page. Coming back on the scene now is a bit confusing, what with all the cool stuff to use like XML, PHP, MySQL, etc... So here is my question. I'm in search of a good dynamic way to generate web pages which separates content from presentation. I am seeking to create a web site that, to put it succinctly, has a list of users and sets of information corresponding to each user. I am familiar with how to do this using PHP, MySQL, and regular old HTML. I maintain the user database in MySQL and dynamically present it and the information with PHP. This is very easy to do in terms of coding for it. But I'm wondering? Is it time for me to switch to the XML with XSL method instead? Everyone seems to be talking of XML as the end all be all. I've looked into it, and on the surface, I just can't tell if it's worth it. I don't really see the benefit. XML is just a "create your own HTML tags" and then figure out wtf to do with them orgy. Great, so I can write <dog>Spot</dog>. Whoop de do, that's useless to me unless I write a parser for it to display it in a user friendly way. And I shouldn't have to write a parser, there should be standardized ones for certain purposes. But wait, isn't that what HTML already is? A bunch of <dog>Spot</dog> (figuratively speaking) with the parsers having been written and mostly standardized between companies ages ago...

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am develo...

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

text-text

Text Editor for HTML, XML, etc
I'm teaching a Web course next semester for non-technical students but wish to have them do some hand coding at the beginning. So I need a free editor for my students to use. I'm pretty well set with notepad++ for windows (but will listen to reason if someone has a better suggestion). I'm looking at textwrangler and smultron for OS X. Should I consider something else? I usually use bbedit in class but it's not reasonable to saddle students who will probably have little use for a text editor outside of this class with an additional hundred dollar expenditure. dick ...

How to retrieve XML CDATA text contents by org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2?
For example I have a XML tag <script> <![CDATA[ My script is here ]]> </script> I am using org.xml.sax.ext.DefaultHandler2 to parse my XML file. How do I retrieve my script contents? What shall I do in these two methods? @Override public void startElement(String uri, String localName, String qName, Attributes attributes) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { // How to retrieve my script contents? } } @Override public void endElement(String uri, String localName, String qName) throws SAXException { if (qName.equals("script")) { ...

html forms xml and xml
So I have been working on a little project and with the help of some folks here I have the xml and xsl part working nicely. Here is the link to the xml; <http://ocgweb.marine.usf.edu/c10B.xml> and the xsl; <http://ocgweb.marine.usf.edu/testds.xsl> As you can see I can change which Mooring Info is displayed by changing the select on line 9 of the xsl sheet. So I turned to working on my form where a user would select a specific mooring and then submit and the action= would pass the post value of the submit to the c10B.xml. Of course I found that this doesn't work and I googled all over the place trying to find a way to pass this single value to the xsl sheet so it knew which mooring to display. Then it occurred to me that I am not telling it to pass the value to the xsl sheet because I am telling it to go to the xml page. So I am a little confused here as to how exactly this would work and was hoping that someone might explain it to me and maybe point me in the right direction as to how I can accomplish this task. Keeping in mind that anything beyond basic right now will look like rocket science to me. Thanks, Patrick -- Patrick A. Smith Assistant System Administrator Ocean Circulation Group � USF - College of Marine Science http://ocgweb.marine.usf.edu Phone: 727 553-3334 The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was. - La Rochefoucauld Patrick wrote: > So I turn...

HTML Text and Photoshop Text
Hey Folks: I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my webpage for a better quality look. But, using Composer, the HTML looks pretty darn OK. Thoughts? Composer? what is that.. I would much prefer using Adobe Photoshp for text titles. Their effects are nice & customizable & with CS2, you can do more with that. "Raoul" <gaycat56@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132628078.236760.142570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey Folks: > > I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my > webpage for a better quali...

How to parse a XML doc with HTML tags within the texts

Looking for XML rich text to HTML XSLT file
Hi, I'M still traying to convert the body a Lotus Notes memo item into the corresponding HTML representation using the Notes C API library. In the moment I'm using the DXLExport function to ceonvert a memo item in a Domino XML file. Now I'm looking for an XSLT stylesheet whcih can do this task. In the Lotus Notes forum on the IBM website someone told me that IBM self has created such an XSLT file. Today I tried to find this file on the IBM website but not very successfull. So, can someone give me the link or has someone already downloaded this file. Thanks in advance M...

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

embedding xml in xml as non-xml :)
Hi all, I have an application that logs in xml. Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml data, the structure of the document changes. ie. <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains non-xml data. My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that would treat anything this element contains as a literal? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Mark Mark Van Orman <mark@icsaccess.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an application that logs in xml. > > Assume <xmlLog></xmlLog>. In this element the app logs > anything it gets from foreign hosts. Now if the host sends xml > data, the structure of the document changes. ie. > <xmlLog><somTag></somTag></xmlLog>. This will cause problems > with my log reader, because it assumes that <xmlLog/> contains > non-xml data. > > My question is, is there a way to treat the data in the > <xmlLog/> element as non xml data. Something I can do that > would treat anything this element contains as a literal? > > Any help or suggestions would be greatly ap...

Lexxia for Linux and Windows: Conversion of XML, HTML or Text to LaTex/PDF
Announcing Lexxia: free and open-source software for converting XML, HTML and (almost plain) text to LaTeX -- without using XSLT. It was written in C++ and is VERY fast; It was developed in Linux and ported to Windows; Lexxia is primarily an XML/XSLT processor, but also functions as a stream editor in conjunction with sed/grep. Lexxia will most certainly remove your smoker's cough. Find out more at www.limpidsoft.com.au. John Redmond Sydney, Australia. On Mar 26, 8:20=A0am, John Redmond <john_redm...@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Announcing Lexxia: free and open-source software ...

how to Update/insert an xml element's text----> (<element> text</element>)

Html to xml to my custom xml with xslt ??!?
Hello I've to parse a lot of web site. I want to take their html and transform it into xml. My idea was to take the html , transform it in xml, apply to the xml an xslt and obtain my custom xml. each site (xml) will have its own xslt with xpath.. I've done something like that with the html parser project jar org.xml.sax.XMLReader reader = org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader ("org.htmlparser.sax.XMLReader"); org.xml.sax.ContentHandler content = new MyContentHandler (); reader.setContentHandler (content); org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler errors = new MyErrorHandler (...

My XML buried in some HTML which is all wrapped up in my XML?
Here I am again with my off the wall questions about what is even possible. Up until now, I have been thinking about the standard I have been creating as a mere wrapper around a snippet of HTML or XHTML. A sort of envelope or container with lots of additional metadata in which to place a small piece of HTML (about 1/4 page worth each). I just realized that I need to be able to mark up text *within* the HTML snippet with some of the tags from my XML standard. A large set of metadata about the snippet of HTML as a whole will not be adequate. Users need to be able to tag specific parts of the HTML snippet with tags from my standard. I know that the frequent use of the "any" wildcard in the XHTML schema means that XHTML content creators can use XML from any standard to insert additional tags within their XHTML content. My first question is: If my tags are used within the XHTML snip pit which is then wrapped up in an element of my XML standard with lots of my metadata above and below it, will a standard web browser engine be able to display that document - ignoring all of the XML from my standard? Or, will I need to create my own app to even be able to display the basic content? 2: Even though that XHTML content is wrapped up in my XML metadata, will the main part of the XML and the tags within the XHTML be considered part of the same namespace? Will they be part of the same namespace but perhaps have a different prefix depending on how the XHTML con...

Text to XML conversion
I was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend to me a tool that would take .txt file and convert it to XML format. Thank you very much in advance! Oleg. Thank you very much for your answer. I didn't realize there were different XML formats out there... The text file will be somewhat structured. It will contains entries, each on a separate line. We need to convert it into an XML format, so the entries can be read into a database for one of our proprietary tools... On May 25, 3:53 pm, roy axenov <r_axe...@mail.ru> wrote: > Oleg wrote: > > I was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend to me a > > tool that would take .txt file and convert it to XML > > format. Thank you very much in advance! > > There's a wonderful tool called 'echo'. Used in tandem with > its trusty sidekick, 'cat', it can convert your text files > to XML in no time at all: > > > cat text.txt > > And enterprises of great pith and moment, > With this regard, their currents turn awry, > And lose the name of action.> echo '<text><\![CDATA[' `cat text.txt` ']]></text>' > > text.xml > > xmllint text.xml > > <?xml version="1.0"?> > <text><![CDATA[ And enterprises of great pith and moment, > With this regard, their currents turn awry, And lose the > name of action. ]]></text> > > > > Seriously though, presuming...

Parsing text to XML
This might seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer. I've got a table full of information that I want to get into an XML format. I have a schema for the format and I can pretty much manipulate the table however needs to get it into XML. Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools would I use? Thanks =========================================================================== Chris "Chris Dubea" <cdubea@movingpart.com> wrote in message news:gr5sv1l6a3bpt6vv6cbdb1qe0vojkrcv88@4ax.com... > This might seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the > answer. > > I've got a table full of information that I want to get into an XML > format. I have a schema for the format and I can pretty much > manipulate the table however needs to get it into XML. > > Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools > would I use? > Have a look at the flat-to-XML examples in http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/. Regards, Daniel Parker > Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools > would I use? SOMETHING has to read the existing data and massage it into the new format. That something may be you, if you're willing to pound on it by hand, in which case all you need is a text editor. Or, if it's currently in a sufficiently simple format and is going into a sufficiently simple format, a simple pattern-match-and-repl...

convert text to xml
Hello All, I am just learning XML. I need your help in converting a text file to XML. The text file is not a delimited one for me to do the things easily. for eg. a sample file could be like... First Name : abcd Last Name : xyz Content : This is a sample text. It can contain - Anything - something - Nothing Start Time : 12/08/2006 14:50 The XML should be like <Root> <FirstName>abcd</FirstName> <LastName>xyz</LastName> <Content>This is a sample text. It can contain - Anything - something - Nothing </Content> <STime>12/08/2006 14:50</STime> </Root> And with this XML, i need to use XSL to display the contents in a table (HTML Format). Except the other elements, i find difficult to parse the "Content" as i need to display as it is. When i use <value-of select="Content">, i get the contents in a single line but i need to display it as it is in multiple lines Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Neeraja neeraja.ram@gmail.com wrote: > I need your help in converting a text file to > XML. The text file is not a delimited one for me to do the things > easily. Easiest option is to re-write the file generator so that it makes the output in XML. If you can't do that, then set your time machien for 10 years ago and do it with Perl (or Python), as we u...

Web resources about - XML text to HTML - comp.text.xml

Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ex-wife gives evidence about explicit texts
Evidence from Grant Davies' ex-wife about the exchange of explicit text messages with his dance students is heard by the Royal Commission. Vision ...

Text messages can thwart junk food choices in Perth's Gen Y: Curtin University
Junk food cravings may soon be dulled by scientifically-developed nutritional text warnings that aim to persuade Gen Y eaters back onto the fruit ...

tvOS 9.2 beta 6 w/ Dictation in text fields, iCloud Photo Library & much more hits Apple TV
Just over a week since the last tvOS 9.2 beta , Apple has released tvOS 9.2 beta 6 for developers with the fourth-gen Apple TV. Apple TV gains ...

Cola Messenger Looks to Simplify Text Messaging on iOS
... with friends by allowing them to send interactive ‘Cola Bubbles’ in the chat window. When chatting in Cola Messenger, users can send text messages, ...

Android N Multi-Window Includes Ability To Drag & Drop Text
Now that Android N is officially here in a preview form and everyone has had a chance to digest its arrival, the details on what is on offer ...

Texts from Hillary and Weekend at Bernie’s
The great state of Florida holds its primary elections a week from today. I got a text from Team Hillary this afternoon asking about my plans ...

Get Free Unlimited Talk and Text Using Google Voice and Hangouts
Google voice is a service that gives you a free phone number and Google hangouts is an application that lets you use your number to send text ...

Text Messages: Lewandowski Never ‘Acknowledged’ Grabbing Michelle Fields, Despite Erroneous Daily Beast ...
Text messages between myself and Corey Lewandowski, Donald Trump’s campaign manager, prove that an article in The Daily Beast that alleged Lewandowski ...

39 of the most hilariously bad texts people have sent their exes
"Texts from your ex" is a wildly popular Instagram account that chronicles the bad texts we, as a society, send our former flames. From drunken ...