f



xmllint --xpath add new line to output

The output from running the following command is concatenated together, how do I add a new line to each result?

Here is the xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<digital_tpp cycle="1213" from_edate="0901Z  12/13/12" to_edate="0901Z  01/10/13">
  <state_code ID="AK" state_fullname="Alaska">
    <city_name ID="ADAK ISLAND" volume="AK-1">
      <airport_name ID="ADAK" military="N" apt_ident="ADK" icao_ident="PADK" alnum="1244">
        <record>
          <chartseq>10100</chartseq>
          <chart_code>MIN</chart_code>
          <chart_name>TAKEOFF MINIMUMS</chart_name>
          <useraction/>
          <pdf_name>AKTO.PDF</pdf_name>
          <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
          <cnsection/>
          <cnpage/>
          <bvsection>L</bvsection>
          <bvpage/>
          <procuid/>
          <two_colored>N</two_colored>
          <civil> </civil>
          <faanfd15/>
          <faanfd18/>
          <copter/>
        </record>
        <record>
          <chartseq>53525</chartseq>
          <chart_code>IAP</chart_code>
          <chart_name>RNAV (GPS) RWY 23</chart_name>
          <useraction/>
          <pdf_name>01244R23.PDF</pdf_name>
          <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
          <cnsection/>
          <cnpage/>
          <bvsection> </bvsection>
          <bvpage>1</bvpage>
          <procuid>15177</procuid>
          <two_colored>Y</two_colored>
          <civil>C</civil>
          <faanfd15>P23</faanfd15>
          <faanfd18>R23</faanfd18>
          <copter>N</copter>
        </record>
        <record>
          <chartseq>57000</chartseq>
          <chart_code>IAP</chart_code>
          <chart_name>NDB/DME RWY 23</chart_name>
          <useraction/>
          <pdf_name>01244ND23.PDF</pdf_name>
          <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
          <cnsection/>
          <cnpage/>
          <bvsection> </bvsection>
          <bvpage>2</bvpage>
          <procuid>15176</procuid>
          <two_colored>Y</two_colored>
          <civil>C</civil>
          <faanfd15>N23</faanfd15>
          <faanfd18>Q23</faanfd18>
          <copter>N</copter>
        </record>
      </airport_name>
    </city_name>
  </state_code>
</digital_tpp>

Here is the command I'm running to select the value between the pdf_name tags 

bash$ xmllint --xpath '//airport_name[@apt_ident="ADK"]/record[chart_code="IAP" or "DP" or "STAR" or "APD"]/pdf_name/text()' file.xml

Here is what the output looks like, as you can see it is missing new lines between the values returned, how do I add new lines?

AKTO.PDF01244R23.PDF01244ND23.PDFbash$

I want the output to look like this

AKTO.PDF
01244R23.PDF
01244ND23.PDF
0
sky
12/12/2012 5:30:46 PM
comp.text.xml 8781 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
2482 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

El 12/12/2012 18:30, sky escribi�:
> The output from running the following command is concatenated together, how do I add a new line to each result?
>
> Here is the xml file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <digital_tpp cycle="1213" from_edate="0901Z  12/13/12" to_edate="0901Z  01/10/13">
>    <state_code ID="AK" state_fullname="Alaska">
>      <city_name ID="ADAK ISLAND" volume="AK-1">
>        <airport_name ID="ADAK" military="N" apt_ident="ADK" icao_ident="PADK" alnum="1244">
>          <record>
>            <chartseq>10100</chartseq>
>            <chart_code>MIN</chart_code>
>            <chart_name>TAKEOFF MINIMUMS</chart_name>
>            <useraction/>
>            <pdf_name>AKTO.PDF</pdf_name>
>            <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
>            <cnsection/>
>            <cnpage/>
>            <bvsection>L</bvsection>
>            <bvpage/>
>            <procuid/>
>            <two_colored>N</two_colored>
>            <civil> </civil>
>            <faanfd15/>
>            <faanfd18/>
>            <copter/>
>          </record>
>          <record>
>            <chartseq>53525</chartseq>
>            <chart_code>IAP</chart_code>
>            <chart_name>RNAV (GPS) RWY 23</chart_name>
>            <useraction/>
>            <pdf_name>01244R23.PDF</pdf_name>
>            <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
>            <cnsection/>
>            <cnpage/>
>            <bvsection> </bvsection>
>            <bvpage>1</bvpage>
>            <procuid>15177</procuid>
>            <two_colored>Y</two_colored>
>            <civil>C</civil>
>            <faanfd15>P23</faanfd15>
>            <faanfd18>R23</faanfd18>
>            <copter>N</copter>
>          </record>
>          <record>
>            <chartseq>57000</chartseq>
>            <chart_code>IAP</chart_code>
>            <chart_name>NDB/DME RWY 23</chart_name>
>            <useraction/>
>            <pdf_name>01244ND23.PDF</pdf_name>
>            <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
>            <cnsection/>
>            <cnpage/>
>            <bvsection> </bvsection>
>            <bvpage>2</bvpage>
>            <procuid>15176</procuid>
>            <two_colored>Y</two_colored>
>            <civil>C</civil>
>            <faanfd15>N23</faanfd15>
>            <faanfd18>Q23</faanfd18>
>            <copter>N</copter>
>          </record>
>        </airport_name>
>      </city_name>
>    </state_code>
> </digital_tpp>
>
> Here is the command I'm running to select the value between the pdf_name tags
>
> bash$ xmllint --xpath '//airport_name[@apt_ident="ADK"]/record[chart_code="IAP" or "DP" or "STAR" or "APD"]/pdf_name/text()' file.xml
>
> Here is what the output looks like, as you can see it is missing new lines between the values returned, how do I add new lines?
>
> AKTO.PDF01244R23.PDF01244ND23.PDFbash$
>
> I want the output to look like this
>
> AKTO.PDF
> 01244R23.PDF
> 01244ND23.PDF
>

The output of xmllint is correct. The text nodes containing the newlines 
are not selected by the given XPath expression.

To add newlines after each matched node you have to use a different 
tool. You could write an XSLT transformation (instead of just a XPath 
expression) and apply it with an XSLT processor.

Fortunately, there is xmlstarlet (the executable is "xml"), that you can 
use instead of xmllint. xmlstarlet is a tool that automagically can 
internally create the XSLT for you in some simple cases.

The particular command line in your case is (warning, single long line 
probably wrapped in the message):

xml sel -t -m "//airport_name[@apt_ident='ADK']/record[chart_code='IAP' 
or 'D P' or 'STAR' or 'APD']/pdf_name/text()" -c "." -n file.xml

It gives:

AKTO.PDF
01244R23.PDF
01244ND23.PDF

Caveat: it takes some time to master the intricacies of the command line 
parameters of xmlstarlet.

-- 
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado

0
Manuel
12/12/2012 10:02:47 PM
On 12/12/2012 10:02 PM, Manuel Collado wrote:
> El 12/12/2012 18:30, sky escribi�:
>> The output from running the following command is concatenated
>> together, how do I add a new line to each result?
>>
>> Here is the xml file:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <digital_tpp cycle="1213" from_edate="0901Z  12/13/12"
>> to_edate="0901Z  01/10/13">
>>    <state_code ID="AK" state_fullname="Alaska">
>>      <city_name ID="ADAK ISLAND" volume="AK-1">
>>        <airport_name ID="ADAK" military="N" apt_ident="ADK"
>> icao_ident="PADK" alnum="1244">
>>          <record>
>>            <chartseq>10100</chartseq>
>>            <chart_code>MIN</chart_code>
>>            <chart_name>TAKEOFF MINIMUMS</chart_name>
>>            <useraction/>
>>            <pdf_name>AKTO.PDF</pdf_name>
>>            <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
>>            <cnsection/>
>>            <cnpage/>
>>            <bvsection>L</bvsection>
>>            <bvpage/>
>>            <procuid/>
>>            <two_colored>N</two_colored>
>>            <civil> </civil>
>>            <faanfd15/>
>>            <faanfd18/>
>>            <copter/>
>>          </record>
>>          <record>
>>            <chartseq>53525</chartseq>
>>            <chart_code>IAP</chart_code>
>>            <chart_name>RNAV (GPS) RWY 23</chart_name>
>>            <useraction/>
>>            <pdf_name>01244R23.PDF</pdf_name>
>>            <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
>>            <cnsection/>
>>            <cnpage/>
>>            <bvsection> </bvsection>
>>            <bvpage>1</bvpage>
>>            <procuid>15177</procuid>
>>            <two_colored>Y</two_colored>
>>            <civil>C</civil>
>>            <faanfd15>P23</faanfd15>
>>            <faanfd18>R23</faanfd18>
>>            <copter>N</copter>
>>          </record>
>>          <record>
>>            <chartseq>57000</chartseq>
>>            <chart_code>IAP</chart_code>
>>            <chart_name>NDB/DME RWY 23</chart_name>
>>            <useraction/>
>>            <pdf_name>01244ND23.PDF</pdf_name>
>>            <cn_flg>N</cn_flg>
>>            <cnsection/>
>>            <cnpage/>
>>            <bvsection> </bvsection>
>>            <bvpage>2</bvpage>
>>            <procuid>15176</procuid>
>>            <two_colored>Y</two_colored>
>>            <civil>C</civil>
>>            <faanfd15>N23</faanfd15>
>>            <faanfd18>Q23</faanfd18>
>>            <copter>N</copter>
>>          </record>
>>        </airport_name>
>>      </city_name>
>>    </state_code>
>> </digital_tpp>
>>
>> Here is the command I'm running to select the value between the
>> pdf_name tags
>>
>> bash$ xmllint --xpath
>> '//airport_name[@apt_ident="ADK"]/record[chart_code="IAP" or "DP" or
>> "STAR" or "APD"]/pdf_name/text()' file.xml
>>
>> Here is what the output looks like, as you can see it is missing new
>> lines between the values returned, how do I add new lines?
>>
>> AKTO.PDF01244R23.PDF01244ND23.PDFbash$
>>
>> I want the output to look like this
>>
>> AKTO.PDF
>> 01244R23.PDF
>> 01244ND23.PDF
>>
> 
> The output of xmllint is correct. The text nodes containing the newlines
> are not selected by the given XPath expression.
> 
> To add newlines after each matched node you have to use a different
> tool. You could write an XSLT transformation (instead of just a XPath
> expression) and apply it with an XSLT processor.

Another tool is lxprintf (part of the LTxml2 toolkit from Edinburgh):

lxprintf -e pdf_name "%s\n" . file.xml

(it's the \n which creates the newline). You could give the full XPath
to pdf_name if you want: it is not needed in this case where the element
type does not appear in any other position.

///Peter


0
Peter
12/17/2012 7:47:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I deal with new line in text when outputting to XML in Java
Say I have a String in Java like"To be or not to be, that is the question.William Shakespear"How can I convert it to a xml file that has two nodes, each of which contains one line of that string? I mean, how do I program to determine the new line?<dramma> <text>To be or not to be, that is the question.</text> <text>William Shakespear</text></drama> John wrote:> Say I have a String in Java like> > "To be or not to be, that is the question.> William Shakespear"> > How can I convert it to a xml file that ha...

Add text to new line in a GUI Label Box in Programmatically created GUI
Hello all. I am trying to create a Status label on a GUI screen and am looking to make a function which will add text to the next line of the label. I am currently using the following function, which works for creating the first new line but throws an error message when making the second new line: function[] = addEXPORTStatusText(newString) current = get(S.lblExportStatus,'String'); [currentRows currentLength] = size(current); addStrings = [current, char(10), newString, char(10)]; set(S.lblExportStatus,'String',addStrings); end The function is called in the following way: addEXPORTStatusText('Export Started...'); addEXPORTStatusText('Exporting Header Information...'); etc.... the error that I am getting is: Error using horzcat Dimensions of matrices being concatenated are not consistent. Error in testGUI/addEXPORTStatusText (line 1192) addStrings = [current, char(10), newString, char(10)]; Error in testGUI/exportIN (line 2288) addEXPORTStatusText('Exporting Header Information...'); Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback Anyone have any experience with creating strings on new lines of a GUI label that could help me understand how to fix this so that I can call the function multiple times? The label reads: --------------------- Ready to export. Export Started.... Multi lines are made with cell string: figure h = uicontrol('Style','text','position',[0 0 200 200...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

Adding new lines in between two lines in text file
Hello everyone, I basically want to squeeze in a few extra lines between two lines in a text file. So initially the text file looks like this: Hello Hi I am using this code to search for the string 'Hello' and then start adding lines after that. So I wrote this: fid=fopen(filename,'r+') k=0; string='Hello'; while k==0 tline=fgetl(fid); if strcmp(tline,string) break end end fprintf(fid,'Hello_1') %%% This is the new line But it is not working. Please could someone help me? Thanks! On 12/20/2014 7:03 AM, Sayan wrote: > Hello everyon...

Output to command line without starting new line
Very simple: I want to output and update the running index in a loop to the command line without starting a new line after each update. If and how is that possbible? Thanks Hi, try this : fprintf('%2d',0); for n=1:10 pause(.5); fprintf('%c%c%2d',8,8,n) end J�r�me David the Dude wrote: > > > Very simple: > > I want to output and update the running index in a loop to the > command line without starting a new line after each update. If and > how is that possbible? > > Thanks ^ I meant to say "Thanks" Agh, it works only until 100 - a...

Add New Line
I create 10 textfield in tabular form (with loop 10 times). Now I want to add a button to let user add new line, but I don't have idea/ reference on how to do this. Can anyone give me some useful link/ suggestion on this? Thanks. juicy said on 04/04/2006 11:17 AM AEST: > I create 10 textfield in tabular form (with loop 10 times). Now I want to > add a button to let user add new line, but I don't have idea/ reference on > how to do this. > > Can anyone give me some useful link/ suggestion on this? Insert a BR element where required, say after each 'textfield'...

XML to text output
Hi I'm fumbling through xml and I'm having a problem which I'm sure is easy to correct. Here's the xml: <area1> <name>John</name> <age>22</age> </area1> <area2> <city>London</city> <state>OH</state> </area2> I want to pull out name/age/city/state. Seems simple, but because I have another element (is that the correct term?) area2, things get all munged up. Like I said, this is very simple. Here's my xsl: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="text"/> <xsl:template match="area1"> <xsl:value-of select="name"/> <xsl:value-of select="age"/> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="area2"> <xsl:value-of select="city"/> <xsl:value-of select="state"/> </xsl:template> When I try and apply this I get an error: % xsltproc test.xml test.xsl test.xml:6: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document <area2> ^ cannot parse test.xml What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Jim wrote: > I'm fumbling through xml and I'm having a problem which I'm sure is easy > to correct. Here's the xml: > > <area1> > <name>John</name> > <age>22</age> > </are...

How to can i add a line from xy points (plot new line) in a contour plot?
Hi! I have the following problem. I used the contourf function in order to do the contour plot of some data. I have also some other xy points. How can i plot them as a line in the same contour plot. i hope somebody will help me sincerely achille achille wrote: > > > Hi! > I have the following problem. I used the contourf function in order > to > do the contour plot of some data. I have also some other xy points. > How can i plot them as a line in the same contour plot. > i hope somebody will help me > sincerely > achille > > hold on; plot(x,y); This seem...

Add new line.
hallo all, i want ask you, can i add any line to header somethink like: X-RT-Loop-Prevention: blabla.com or other ? how do this? R, -- e.mail use: http://e-mail.notlong.com On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:34:16 +0200, "328.28.00" <no@spam.com> wrote: > X-RT-Loop-Prevention: blabla.com <X-Eudora-Option:ExtraHeaders= X-RT-Loop-Prevention: blabla.com> That line will be added to all your outgoing messages See the Help file: eudora.ini settings, ExtraHeaders -- Ajo Wissink ...

Should the webserver add "Content-Type: text/xml header" to the requested XML file?
I've been informed that a webserver sending a XML file is supposed to add "Content-Type: text/xml header". I'm not questioning that infromation but i'm unsure what was ment by it. The XML i get on my screen when i type in the url to it looks as follows. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <tag-uno>uno</tag-uno> <tag-duo>duo</tag-duo> I can't see any line containing "text/xml" but perhaps it's not supposed to show in the requested file. Please advise. -- Regards Konrad Viltersten ---------------...

css conditional new line starting/creation feature based upon text fitting on the same line.
<q cite="http://www.president.ee/est/ametitegevus/?gid=10628"> Kelleltki ei tohi veendumuste p�rast v�tta Eesti kodakondsust. </q><span class="quotereference">(Eesti Vabariigi p�hiseadus, II peat�kk, P�HI�IGUSED, VABADUSED JA KOHUSTUSED, � 8)</span> <hr/> What shall the CSS be for: "when the span.quotereference wouldnt fit as a whole on the textline that the quote (q) element is on, start the span.quotereference on the new textline" ? Can't be done in CSS? Why not? What concepts there are in CSS3 drafts for th...

New XML-User: DTD-Aware freeware XML-Editor/typical command-line-toolchain wanted
Hello group, I work at a shop that mostly uses FM+XML when using XML. Yet I am very interested in how "the rest of the world" is using XML. That=B4s why I am on the lookout for: 1=2E a freeware XML-Editor, that is DTD-/Schema-aware and can do Unicode (goal: should only show me elements which are valid as the next element) 2=2E the elements of a typical XML-toolchain * freeware XSLT-processor * stylesheet engine (either with FOP or what I would like much better: CSS) * whatever else you would deem appropriate or necessary. BTW: * Is there any decent freeware (or cheap) DTD/Schema editor * Whats the difference between an XSL-Processor and ANT? * Are there any standard web ressources one should know? Thank you in advance for any input on this. Cheers, F=2E dunklervater@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello group, > > I work at a shop that mostly uses FM+XML when using XML. > Yet I am very interested in how "the rest of the world" is using XML. > That�s why I am on the lookout for: > > 1. a freeware XML-Editor, that is DTD-/Schema-aware and can do Unicode > (goal: should only show me elements which are valid as the next > element) All XML editors (except the very simplest) do this. The problem with XML editors is not their XML conformance (usually) but the usability of their interfaces. ///Peter -- XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/ > * Whats the difference between an XSL-Processor and ANT? Uhm... Have you tried plugging "XS...

add text to next line?
Hello, I am trying to find <body> in an html file and then add some text to the line after the <body> tag ... the code below adds the text at the end of the file. How do I get the text on the next line after <body>? Cheers geoff use warnings; use strict; use File::Find; my $dir = 'd:/a-winfiles/mfox/html/few'; find sub { my $name = $_; if (-d $_) {return;}; if ($name !~ /^print/) { open (IN, "$name"); my $line; while (defined ($line = <IN>)) { if ($line =~ /<body>/i) { open (...

new text line in GUI
Hi All, I am trying to display 3 path directory of my files in a textbox in GUI, but I do not know how to display each of them on a new line. Can someone help me? I have posted the code below. Thanks. for n = 1:3 set(handles.text1, 'String', filename{n}); end set(handles.text1, 'String', filename(:)); ? Thanks Matt, it works. ...

[WebBrowser] Add new Line
Hi. I need to use WebBRowser as HTML Editor. I set designMode = "On" The control Work, but if i need to insert a NEW LINE i can only do it with CTRL+ENTER Have i any way to do it by code...?? I try on VBA to use SENDKEY but sometime Crash and on MSDN this way is not advised as a good one. Thanks -- @Alex (Alessandro Baraldi) ...

new line in text-files
Hallo, this I have a problem with writing data in a text-file. How can tell LabVIEW (6.1) to begin a new line in the file? I already tried the [carriage return] -- constant, building arrays, building spreadsheat strings from array etc.. Everything wit no success. Can anybody of you help me? Thanks a lot, Arno Send an End of line character to the file. You can find an End of line constant in the string pallette. Thanks a lot, it works. ...

How can I add NEW LINE to a report
Say I have a field called "First Name" and field "Last Name". comments. I want to insert a NEW LINE afer few words. I wrote a query with a field called "Full Name". Full Name: [First Name] & [Last Name] but I want to have a new line between First Name and Last Name. I tried [First Name] & Chr(13) & [Last Mame] but did not get new line... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks galsaba Either Chr(13) & Chr(10) in that order, or the intrinsic constant vbCrLf. Note that vbCrLf won't work in all cases: for example, you cannot use it in a query, whereas you can use Chr(13) & Chr(10) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "galsaba" <galsaba@aol.com> wrote in message news:1117368783.026123.72470@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a field called "First Name" > and field "Last Name". > comments. > I want to insert a NEW LINE afer few words. > I wrote a query with a field called "Full Name". > Full Name: [First Name] & [Last Name] > but I want to have a new line between First Name and Last Name. > I tried [First Name] & Chr(13) & [Last Mame] > but did not get new line... > any help would be greatly appreciated. > > thanks > galsaba > ...

Inserting New Lines in a Text File
Hello everyone! I am creating a small program that should print the digits 1 to 10, each on a separate line, in a text file - myFile.txt. Below is the code I am using. fid = fopen('myFile.txt','w'); for i = 1:10 h = fprintf(fid, num2str(i)); h = fprintf(fid, '\n'); end My problem is that the numbers do not appear on separate lines. Instead, they are printed all next to each other on one line. Can someone provide an explanation for me? What am I doing wrong? Thank you! In article <fq41li$mbn$1@fred.mathworks.com>, I_Heart_Matlab HeartMatlab <I_He...

add new values at the end of a line
Hi SAS-L, I would like to find a way to add a new value for each line in a TXT file. I know that we can add some new line at an existing file using 'MOD' at file statement. But this question is little bit difference. For example, suppose have a existing file like this ab 2 cd 5 ed 4 ss 6 After add some values, should be looks like ab 2 cd 5 ape ed 4 ss 6 def Thanks a lot NK __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250 NK, Would something like the following accomplish what yo...

Insert new text line in to the file
Hi All, Can someone tell how I can insert new text line into the file For example: (old file:) [test1] unit_test=1 loop=1 [test2] unit_test=3 loop=1 New File [test1] unit_test=1 loop=1 unit_test=2 loop=1 [test2] unit_test=3 loop=1 Thanks in advance T. Nguyen If that is precisely the format of the file, you can use Windows' built-in INI file methods ... see http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/file/pprofilebasic.htm -- Randy Birch MVP Visual Basic http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit. "TOI DAY" <ntuyen01@yahoo.com> wr...

How to output XML declaration line with tdom
Here is a short Tcl program: package require tdom set doc [dom parse {<Info><FirstName>Hai</FirstName><LastName>Vu</ LastName></Info>}] $doc standalone 1 $doc encoding UTF-8 $doc omit-xml-declaration 0 puts "[$doc asXML]" **************** The actual output: <Info> <FirstName>Hai</FirstName> <LastName>Vu</LastName> </Info> **************** How do I change the code so the output is: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <Info> <FirstName>Hai</FirstName> <LastName>Vu</LastName> </Info> **************** I have played with the omit-xml-declaration, encoding, standalone subcommands to no avail. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. On 9 Feb, 20:37, Hai Vu <wuh...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I change the code so the output [includes the <?xml...?>]: [...] > I have played with the omit-xml-declaration, encoding, standalone > subcommands to no avail. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. The simplest technique is to just [puts] the declaration yourself. That also makes getting the encoding in the decl right easier. Donal. On Feb 9, 1:22=A0pm, "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@man.ac.uk> wrote: > On 9 Feb, 20:37, Hai Vu <wuh...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > How do I change the code so the output [includes the <?xml...?>]: ...

Text Editor with XML Output in C#
Hi All, I have agreed to develop a text editor for a special purpose for my company. The editor shall be able to highlight text to indicate special text blocks. The highlighting shall be available to mark different types of text blocks. These text blocks shall be saved then as an XML-Element. I do not want to develop everything from scratch. I am rather looking for components (modules, classes - have to be all free of charge) that I could use in my project. Where can I find knowledge about programming an editor of that kind? What modules or classes could I use to solve my ...

MLE Adding text on a new line
All I would like to add text to a Multi Line Edit object starting on a new line, I can insert and add (same line) useing Self:oTxtObject:Paste( AllTrim( cSomeText ) + Space(1) ) but would also like the option to add 'cSomeText' starting on a new line. i.e. Self:oTxtObject:PasteNewLine( AllTrim( cSomeText ) + Space(1) ) ) Thanks Neale Neale, Does Self:oTxtObject:Paste( CRLF+ AllTrim( cSomeText ) + Space(1) ) do the job ? John Neale Robinson schreef: > All > > I would like to add text to a Multi Line Edit object starting on a new li...

Add new record, requery to add to table and then open for returning to new record
I have a database where I want to add a new record to a form and then send out an email based on the newly added information. I need to requery the database so the appropriate information is included in the database, so I want to add new record, requery once all information is added. The code I am currently using is Dim myID As Variant Dim rst As Recordset If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False End If myID = Me.Member_ID Me.Refresh Me.Requery If IsNull(myID) Then RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew Else Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst Member_ID = myID If rs.noMatch Then MsgBox "Member ID is no longer available" Else Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End If End If If Not Me.NewRecord Then rs.Bookmark = Me.Bookmark rs.MoveNext If rs.EOF Then MsgBox "You're at the last record" End If End If Set rs = Nothing End Sub Not sure exactly what you're trying to do here, but if you want to make sure the current record is committed to the database before sending an e-mail, why not just use; DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord This will commit the current record and you won't have to phutz around with all that recordsetclone, refresh, requery stuff. Just launch straight into your e-mail routine. ...

Trying to add dotted line after a text box
I am trying to add a dotted line after a text box. The trouble I am having is the data that is in the text box is all different lengths. Therefore, I am either over lapping the dotted line, or I get a huge space left. This is and example of what I am trying to do: example1.......................XXXXX ex..................................XXXXX examp3..........................XXXXX What I am getting is this: example1 .................XXXXX ex ..................XXXXX Can anybody help? Hi, > I am trying to add a dotted line after a text box. The trouble I am > having is the data that is in the text box is all different lengths. > Therefore, I am either over lapping the dotted line, or I get a huge > space left. This is and example of what I am trying to do: > > example1.......................XXXXX > ex..................................XXXXX > examp3..........................XXXXX > > What I am getting is this: > > example1 .................XXXXX > ex ..................XXXXX > > Can anybody help? Maybe that's what you are looking for : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117911/en-us Jens ...

Web resources about - xmllint --xpath add new line to output - comp.text.xml

afl-fuzz: nobody expects CDATA sections in XML
I made a very explicit, pragmatic design decision with afl-fuzz : for performance and reliability reasons, I did not want to get into static ...

xml
Doctored.js is a easy to use XML editor, it is a vanilla JavaScript library that perform XMLLint, and editor functions. XML is still heavy used ...

Commands tagged whatthecommit - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with whatthecommit - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

straup/tiny-letter-tools · GitHub
... tools for doing things with Tiny Letter mailing lists. $> python ./mk-rss-feed.py https://tinyletter.com/danhon/ > danhon.rss$> xmllint format ...

Towards the Perfect Coin Flip: The NIST Randomness Beacon
... time that you'd like to test: ## whichRecord=1400878200 ## - Utility Functions ## Extracts specified record from xml file getValue() { xmllint ...

tty1.net - about
Information about this web site www.tty1.net and about the author of it.

The dmarc-discuss June 2012 Archive by subject
June 2012 Archives by subject Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Fri Jun 1 00:59:17 PDT 2012 ...

Doctored.js, Easy to Use XML Editor
Doctored.js is a easy to use XML editor, it is a vanilla JavaScript library that perform XMLLint, and editor functions. XML is still heavy used ...

Commands tagged gnome-open . - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with gnome-open . - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

commandlinefu
check open ports (both ipv4 and ipv6) - lsof -i - This option selects the listing of all Internet and x.25 (HP-UX) network files.

Resources last updated: 3/22/2016 7:18:36 PM