XSLT Delimited Text Node

Is there a way in XSLT to match on numbers that are delimited by a character
or space in a text node?

0
emailMK (37)

Mike King wrote:

> Is there a way in XSLT to match on numbers that are delimited by a character
> or space in a text node?

XSLT 2.0 can do that nicely with the tokenize XPath 2.0 function e.g.
with the input being

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
   <data-list>1 2 3 4 5</data-list>
</root>

and the stylesheet

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
   version="2.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

<xsl:template match="@* | node()">
   <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()" />
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="data-list">
   <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:for-each select="tokenize(., '\s+')">
       <data><xsl:value-of select="." /></data>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

the result using Saxon 8.3 is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
      <data-list>
       <data>1</data>
       <data>2</data>
       <data>3</data>
       <data>4</data>
       <data>5</data>
    </data-list>
</root>

If you want to use XSLT 1.0 then you need to write a recursive template
taking the string with the numbers as the argument and splitting it up
using XPath 1.0 functions like substring-before, substring-after etc.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

XSLT Select nodes without text-node children whose names starts with specifix text

text-text

text + text

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

xml to delimited text

xslt help needed with element nodes embedded in text node

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

extracting text from an XML node

text 2 text

XSLT Extract Text from Nodes

text node has text but won't render
This renders in Firefox perfectly well but the text in the red box remains invisible. The program is a subset of a larger and doesn't do much. but even after cutting out all the unneccessary stuf, I still can't get it to work!! Cheers, Greg =================== <xhtml:html xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" > <xhtml:head> <xhtml:title> Intermingled XHTML and SVG </xhtml:title> <xhtml:script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><![CDATA[ function gogo(evt){ var targetObj = evt.target; //The object that received the event var targetDoc = targetObj.ownerDocument; //Owner document var wg = document.getElementById("SVGroot"); var lg = document.getElementById("labelz"); //label labelBox= targetDoc.createElementNS("http://www.w3.org/2000/svg", "svg:rect"); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "id", "label1"); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "fill", "red"); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "fill-opacity", 1); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "x", 700); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "y", 400); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "width", 200); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "height", 20); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "visibility", "visible"); lg.appendC...

Pages

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text like 30 characters. I found an intersting post "cut down text" which is almost that what I am looking for, but there the text is just trimmed by x characters. Is anybody here, that has an "elegant" way to solve that or some hints that get me to the solution? I am not able to use regex (would be nice though) My parser is Sablotron so I am restricted to the functions that I get. (1.0). Any help is greatly appreciated. regards, Andreas W Wylach Think about dividing the text into three parts: before your target, the target itself, and after the target. Process each appropriately. If you want to report multiple instances within the same block of text, look at the standard examples of recursive text processing. -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry "Andreas W. Wylach" <aw@ioc...

XSLT: concatenating selected text nodes
in XSLT, if I want to concatenate _all_ the child text nodes, I can just do <xsl:value-of select="."> however, if I want to select and concatente only _some_ of the text nodes. for instance <xsl:value-of select=".//foo/text()"> this doesn't work as it just takes the first element in the node set. Is there any way of achieving this without using <xsl:for-each> to explicitly loop round them all? TIA Andy use copy-of not value-of David "David Carlisle" <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote in message news:yg4r7ktpnzq.fsf@penguin.nag.co.uk... > > use copy-of not value-of > worked a treat - thanks david. > > David ...

Parsing text with link from xml with XSLT

XML Schema for Node with attribute and text
I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node everywhere. <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param> How do i arrange a complex type that contains an attribute and a text. This : <xs:complexType name="Param"> <xs:attribute name="name" /> </xs:complexType> Result as : <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2" line="3086" resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML Schema/test.xml">element Param must be empty but is not</invalid> This : <xs:complexType name="Param"> <xs:all> <xs:element name="text" type="xs:string" /> </xs:all> <xs:attribute name="name" /> </xs:complexType> Result as : <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2.3" line="3086" resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML Schema/test.xml">text not allowed: |ABCD|</invalid> I just dont know where to add the unnamed <xs:element ... > tag. Anyone can help me figure this out? Thx In article <de3c2ad2.0311281339.e74b69b@posting.google.com>, Simon Vaillancourt <svaillancourt@mediagrif.com> wrote: % I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node % everywhere. % % <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param> % % How do...

XSLT TRANSFORMATION FROM XML TO plain Text

XSLT: getting text of a node into an attribute
I have a document, lets say: <Doc> <Ele1 Att1='hello'> <Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/> </Ele1> </Doc> In XSLT I need to generate an attribute value which contains part of this document as a text string, ie: <MyOutput XML="&lt;Ele1 Att1='hello'> &lt;Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/> &lt;/Ele1>"/> I can output it easily enough at child elements (copy-of), or as a CDATA string in the element content, but I cannot find any way to get it into an attribute. What should I be doing? use <xsl:attribute name="XML"> <xsl:copy-of ...> (or whatever) </xsl:attribute> anything you put inside here will be put into the XML attribute of the node you're creating "Kevin" <kevinburges@formedix.com> wrote in message news:1bf2fce.0307310534.516abff@posting.google.com... > I have a document, lets say: > > <Doc> > <Ele1 Att1='hello'> > <Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/> > </Ele1> > </Doc> > > In XSLT I need to generate an attribute value which contains part of > this document as a text string, ie: > > <MyOutput XML="&lt;Ele1 Att1='hello'> > &lt;Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/> > &lt;/Ele1>"/> > > > I can output it easily enough at child elements (copy-of), or as a > CDATA string i...

editor for editing xml text nodes
We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in some xml structures. These documents need to be translated by human translators from English into, for example, Chinese. We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to the text content. The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that it is guaranteed that the xml-tags are unchanged when the translator returns the translated document. The translator simply replaces all English text accessible to him into Chinese text. Does anyone know an xml editing tool which has this feature, of allowing only modification to the text node content? Alois Zreindl wrote: > We have xml documents which contain text imbedded as text content in > some xml structures. > > These documents need to be translated by human translators from English > into, for example, Chinese. > > We would like the translator to use an editor which shows him only the > text content of the xml document, or gives him only editing access to > the text content. I am working on exactly this right now. It leaves the elements in element content inviolable, but allows element markup in mixed content (the only thing a translator should be touching). Please contact me by email to discuss this further. > The translator should be unable to touch or modify the xml tags, so that > it is guara...

Why treat text nodes as nodes?
One of the things I find most unnatural about most XML APIs is that they try to abstract both elements and text into some kind of "node" object when they have virtually nothing in common. The reason these APIs do it is to make it possible for both text and elements to be children of elements. But there is another way. The XPath/XQuery data model does not allow two consecutive text nodes. As far as I can tell, most XML processing software automatically merges consecutive text nodes. This means that the number of text segments directly under an element is bound by the number of sub-elements plus 1 (PIs and comments may be treated as "pseudo-elements" for this purpose). As a result, it is always possible to associate each text segment with the element immediately preceding it within the parent and associate the first text element with the parent itself. No more text nodes. The only API I know that uses this trick is the ElementTree API for Python by Fredrik Lundh (http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm). Each Element object has a text and tail property for the text immediately inside the element and text following it within its parent element. Elements always have a tag, attributes and and zero or more children - which are always other elements. No mixed types. The text and tail attributes are always strings. This model should be very convenient for statically-typed languages like Java or C++. I find it ironic that this idea is probably used only in Pyt...

converting a document node and children into xml text
is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) into an XML text. i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it to re-create the tree. thx. jman, google grouper, wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > into an XML text. Yes. Traverse the DOM node subtree and output XML accordingly. > i'd like to save the text file somewhere and then later parse it > to re-create the tree. Why? jman wrote: > is there a way in javascript to convert a DOM node (and it's children) > ...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Web resources about - XSLT Delimited Text Node - comp.text.xml