XSLT: getting text of a node into an attribute

I have a document, lets say:

<Doc>
    <Ele1 Att1='hello'>
        <Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/>
    </Ele1>
</Doc>

In XSLT I need to generate an attribute value which contains part of
this document as a text string, ie:

<MyOutput XML="&lt;Ele1 Att1='hello'>
        &lt;Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/>
    &lt;/Ele1>"/>

I can output it easily enough at child elements (copy-of), or as a
CDATA string in the element content, but I cannot find any way to get
it into an attribute.

What should I be doing?

use

<xsl:attribute name="XML">
    <xsl:copy-of ...> (or whatever)
</xsl:attribute>

anything you put inside here will be put into the XML attribute of the node
you're creating

"Kevin" <kevinburges@formedix.com> wrote in message
> I have a document, lets say:
>
> <Doc>
>     <Ele1 Att1='hello'>
>         <Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/>
>     </Ele1>
> </Doc>
>
> In XSLT I need to generate an attribute value which contains part of
> this document as a text string, ie:
>
> <MyOutput XML="&lt;Ele1 Att1='hello'>
>         &lt;Ele2 Att2='goodbye'/>
>     &lt;/Ele1>"/>
>

> I can output it easily enough at child elements (copy-of), or as a
> CDATA string in the element content, but I cannot find any way to get
> it into an attribute.
>
> What should I be doing?

0
ajfish (411)

XSLT Select nodes without text-node children whose names starts with specifix text

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text like 30 characters. I found an intersting post "cut down text" which is almost that what I am looking for, but there the text is just trimmed by x characters. Is anybody here, that has an "elegant" way to solve that or some hints that get me to the solution? I am not able to use regex (would be nice though) My parser is Sablotron so I am restricted to the functions that I get. (1.0). Any help is greatly appreciated. regards, Andreas W Wylach Think about dividing the text into three parts: before your target, the target itself, and after the target. Process each appropriately. If you want to report multiple instances within the same block of text, look at the standard examples of recursive text processing. -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry "Andreas W. Wylach" <aw@ioc...

text + text

XML Schema for Node with attribute and text
I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node everywhere. <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param> How do i arrange a complex type that contains an attribute and a text. This : <xs:complexType name="Param"> <xs:attribute name="name" /> </xs:complexType> Result as : <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2" line="3086" resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML Schema/test.xml">element Param must be empty but is not</invalid> This : <xs:complexType name="Param"> <xs:all> <xs:element name="text" type="xs:string" /> </xs:all> <xs:attribute name="name" /> </xs:complexType> Result as : <invalid char="13" code="cvc-complex-type.1.2.3" line="3086" resource="file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/svaillan/Desktop/XML Schema/test.xml">text not allowed: |ABCD|</invalid> I just dont know where to add the unnamed <xs:element ... > tag. Anyone can help me figure this out? Thx In article <de3c2ad2.0311281339.e74b69b@posting.google.com>, Simon Vaillancourt <svaillancourt@mediagrif.com> wrote: % I've tried to find how to write a schema for this type of node % everywhere. % % <Param name="FirstParam">ABCD</Param> % % How do...

text-text

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Hello folks, I have the following problem: I have a bunch of text files, I want to load them into a table where each file will be stored in one row. Question 1: Is there any way how to do this in psql? AFAIK the \copy command interprets \n as a new line and so I can't get it done what I want. So I wrote a C program that parses my text files and anywhere it sees a \n it puts \\n and then concatenates the files, etc. - quite complicated. Question 2: Is there a simpler way of doing this? Thanks in advance Zoltan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)------...

XML DOM: XML/XHTML inside a text node
In my program, I get input from the user and insert it into an XHTML document. Sometimes, this input will contain XHTML, but since I'm inserting it as a text node, xml.dom.minidom escapes the angle brackets ('<' becomes '&lt;', '>' becomes '&gt;'). I want to be able to override this behavior cleanly. I know I could pipe the input through a SAX parser and create nodes to insert into the tree, but that seems kind of messy. Is there a better way? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Nov 2005 noahlt@gmail.com wrote: > In my program, I get input from the us...

xslt help needed with element nodes embedded in text node

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

text node has text but won't render
This renders in Firefox perfectly well but the text in the red box remains invisible. The program is a subset of a larger and doesn't do much. but even after cutting out all the unneccessary stuf, I still can't get it to work!! Cheers, Greg =================== <xhtml:html xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" > <xhtml:head> <xhtml:title> Intermingled XHTML and SVG </xhtml:title> <xhtml:script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><![CDATA[ function gogo(evt){ var targetObj = evt.target; //The object that received the event var targetDoc = targetObj.ownerDocument; //Owner document var wg = document.getElementById("SVGroot"); var lg = document.getElementById("labelz"); //label labelBox= targetDoc.createElementNS("http://www.w3.org/2000/svg", "svg:rect"); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "id", "label1"); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "fill", "red"); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "fill-opacity", 1); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "x", 700); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "y", 400); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "width", 200); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "height", 20); labelBox.setAttributeNS(null, "visibility", "visible"); lg.appendC...

Q: Adjusting the attributes of the text in Free Text Tool
The text I write with the Free Text Tool is coming out a faded red, almost pinkish. Using the properties I have tried to change this but I am discovering that I can only adjust the font type, size and alignment. Adjusting the opacity under the general preferences won't help either. What else I can do to change this? Thanks, Deguza ...

XSLT Extract Text from Nodes

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

getting text out of an xml string
Yo, So I have almost convinced a small program to do what I want it to do. One thing remains (at least, one thing I know of at the moment): I am converting xml to some other format, and there are strings in the xml like this. The python: elif v == "content": print "content", a.childNodes[0].nodeValue what gets printed: content \u3c00note xml:space="preserve"\u3e00see forms in red inbox \u3c00/note\u3e00 what this should say is "see forms in red inbox" because that is what the the program whose xml file i am trying to convert, prop...

text 2 text

Pages

extracting text from an XML node

XSLT Delimited Text Node

How can you get a form to display text from an external text document?
How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and put it into a label? Also is it possible to change the text in the text document? Thank you. Hi James, You need to read the text file line by line, concatenate the lines together and then assign it to the caption of the label. Check out the Line Input # statement in Help. HTH Martin "James" <jas4@thanet.ac.uk> wrote in message news:1102928059.579651.251840@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and > put it into a label? Also is it possib...

XSLT: Confusion over adding attributes with xml:element and xml:attribute
Hi there. I am working with lom metadata and I am a little confused with how to form the following xml element: <lom xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2 imsmd_v1p2p2.xsd"/> I have the following so far: <xsl:element name="lom"> <xsl:attribute namespace="xmlns" name="xsi">http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance</xsl:attribute> <xsl:apply-templates/> </xsl:element> but it creates some very strange results. Does anyone know how I could go about forming this tag? I know I could do it withou xsl:element, but I'd like to do everything by the books. Any help would be greatly appretiated. Cheers! ...jordan willms jpwillms@sfu.ca (Jordan Willms) writes: > Hi there. > > I am working with lom metadata and I am a little confused with how to > form the following xml element: > > <lom xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2" > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2 > imsmd_v1p2p2.xsd"/> > > I have the following so far: > > <xsl:element name="lom"> > <xsl:attribute namespace="xmlns" > name="xsi">http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSche...

Web resources about - XSLT: getting text of a node into an attribute - comp.text.xml

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...