Call for Papers: The 2008 International Conference of Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Systems ICCIIS 2008

CFP: The 2008 International Conference of Computational Intelligence
and Intelligent Systems ICCIIS 2008
From: IAENG - International Association of Engineers
http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2008/ICCIIS2008.html

Important Dates:
Draft Paper Submission Deadline: 6 March, 2008
Camera-Ready papers & Pre-registration Due: 31 March, 2008
WCE 2008: 2-4 July, 2008

The conference ICCIIS'08 is held under the World Congress on
Engineering 2008. The WCE 2008 is organized by the International
Association of Engineers (IAENG), a non-profit international
association for the engineers and the computer scientists. Our
congress committees have been formed with over two hundred and eighty
committee members who are mainly research center heads, faculty deans,
department heads, professors, and research scientists from different
universities like Cambridge, MIT and Oxford etc.

The conference proceedings will be published by IAENG (ISBN:
978-988-98671-9-5) in hardcopy. The full-text congress proceeding will
be indexed in major database indexes so that it can be assessed
easily. The Technology Research Databases (TRD) of CSA (Cambridge
Scientific Abstracts), DBLP and Computer Science Bibliographies have
promised to index the print proceeding in advance of its publication.
And after the publication of the proceeding, print copies will also be
sent to databases like IEE INSPEC, Engineering Index (EI) and ISI
Thomson Scientific for indexing. The accepted papers will also be
considered for publication in the special issues of the journal
Engineering Letters. Some participants may also be invited to submit
extended version of their conference papers for considering as book
chapters (soon after the conference).

The topics of the ICCIIS'08 include, but not limited to, the
following:

State Space Search
Automated Planning
Combinatorial Search
Knowledge Representation
Knowledge-based Systems
Qualitative Reasoning
Planning and Scheduling
Artificial life/Being
Distributed Artificial Intelligence
Genetic Programming
Genetic Algorithm
Swarm Intelligence
Bayesian Networks
Machine Learning
Pattern Recognition
Fuzzy Systems
Fuzzy Logic
Neural network
Machine Learning
Multi-Agent Systems

 Neural Genetic Systems
Neural Fuzzy Systems
Pattern Recognition
Time Series Analysis
Forecasting
Probabilistic Reasoning
Quantum Computing
Reinforcement Learning
Self-Organizing Maps
Statistical Data Analysis
Support Vector Machines
Clustering
Chaotic Systems
Complex Systems
Distributed Systems
Embedded Systems
Evolutionary Systems
Expert System

And their applications

=========
Submission:

WCE 2008 is now accepting manuscript submissions. Prospective authors
are invited to submit their draft paper in full paper (any appropriate
style) to WCE{at}iaeng.org by 6 March, 2008. The submitted file can be
in MS Word format, PS format, or PDF formats.

The first page of the draft paper should include:
(1) Title of the paper;
(2) Name, affiliation and e-mail address for each author;
(3) A maximum of 5 keywords of the paper.

Also, the name of the conference that the paper is being submitted to
should be stated in the email.

It is our target that the reviewing process and the result
notification for each submitted manuscript can be completed within one
month from its submission. The reviewing process is to ensure the
quality of the accepted papers in the WCE congress. The conferences
have enjoyed high reputation among many research colleagues (for
example, see the http://cs.conference-ranking.net/ or
http://www.conference-ranking.com/).

=============
ICCIIS 2008 Conference Committee

Dr. Bala P. Amavasai
Senior Lecturer & Head
Microsystems and Machine Vision Laboratory, Systems Engineering and
Technology,
Sheffield Hallam University, UK

Dr. Aladdin Ayesh (co-chair)
Senior Lecturer in AI and Robotics, director of Intelligent Mobile
Robots and Creative Computing research group, Computer Science
Department, De Montfort University, UK

Dr. Jiping Bai
Senior Lecturer, Department of Engineering, Faculty of Advanced
Technology, University of Glamorgan, United Kingdom

Dr. Javier Barria
Reader in the Intelligent Systems and Networks Group,
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College
London, UK

Prof. Mietek Brdys (co-chair)
Head of 'Decision Support and Control Systems' Network Research Centre
and Director of Postgraduate Admissions,
Department of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering, The
University of Birmingham, UK
Professor, Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering, Dept. of
Control Systems, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland

Prof. Chin-Chen Chang (IEEE Fellow, IEE Fellow)
Chair Professor in Department of Information Engineering and Computer
Science, Feng Chia University, Taiwan

Dr. Francisco Chiclana (co-chair)
Principal Lecturer, Centre for Computational Intelligence, School of
Computing, De Montfort University, UK

Dr. Darryl N Davis (co-chair)
Director of Research, Department of Computer Science, University of
Hull, UK

Dr. Lian Ding
Research Officer, Innovative Manufacturing Research Centre,
Faculty of Engineering & Design and School of Management, University
of Bath, UK

Prof Bogdan Gabrys (co-chair)
Professor, Chair in Computational Intelligence, Computational
Intelligence Research Group,
School of Design, Engineering & Computing, Bournemouth University, UK

Prof. G. Ganesan (co-chair)
Dept. of Mathematics, JPN College of Engineering, India

Dr. Elena Gaura (co-chair)
Reader in Pervasive Computing, Director of Cogent Computing Applied
Research Centre, Faculty of Engineering and Computing, Coventry
University, UK

Prof. Rosa Eva Pruneda Gonzalez
Associated Professor, Mathematics Department, Civil Engineering
School, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain

Dr. Evor L. Hines
Reader, Electrical & Electronic Engineering Division, School of
Engineering, University of Warwick, U.K.

Dr. Jun Hong
School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
Queen's University Belfast, UK

Dr Khalid Hussain
Director of Studies in Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, School of
Engineering, Design & Technology (EDT4), University of Bradford, UK

Dr. Yanguo Jing
Senior Lecturer in Compute Science, London Metropolitan University, UK

Prof. M. Elif Karsligil
Assistant professor, Computer Sciences and Engineering Department,
Yildiz Technical University, Turkey

Dr Hak-Keung Lam
Lecturer, Division of Engineering, King's College London, UK

Prof. Algirdas Laukaitis
Associate Professor, Department of Information Systems, Vilnius
Gedinimas Technical University, Lithuania

Dr. Pouwan Lei
Research scientist, School of Engineering, Design and Technology,
University of Bradford, United Kingdom

Prof. Prabhat K. Mahanti
Professor & Chair, Department of Computer Science applied Statistics,
University of New Brunswick, Canada

Dr. Nysret Musliu
Assistant Professor in the Database and Artificial Intelligence Group,
Vienna University of Technology, Austria

Dr. Oluremi Olatunbosun
Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering and Head, Vehicle Dynamics
Laboratory,
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, The University
of Birmingham, UK

Dr. Mourad Oussalah
Lecturer, Department of Electronic, Electrical and Computer
Engineering, The University of Birmingham, UK

Dr Valentina Plekhanova
Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, University of Sunderland, School
of Computing and Technology, United Kingdom

Dr. Ann Reddipogu
Lecturer and Researcher, School of Engineering, The Robert Gordon
University, UK

Dr. Mihailo Ristic
Senior Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Imperial College
London, UK

Dr. Anxo Cereijo Roibas
Senior Lecturer, School of Computing, Mathematical & Information
Sciences, University of Brighton, UK

Dr. Alessandra Russo
Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computing
Imperial College London, U.K

Dr. Fariba Sadri
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, UK

Dr. MNH Siddique
Lecturer, School of Computing and Intelligent Systems, University of
Ulster at Magee, UK

Professor Riti Singh (ICCIIS honorary co-chair; CENG FIMECHE FRAES
FIDGTE)
Professor of Gas Turbine Engineering
Director of the Gas Turbine Technology Centre
Director of the University Technology Centre in Performance
Engineering
Department of Power & Propulsion, School of Engineering, Cranfield
University, United Kingdom

Dr. Konstantinos Sirlantzis (Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society;
co-chair)
Lecturer in Image Processing and Vision, Director of Studies for the
MSc programme in Information Security and Biometrics, Department of
Electronics, University of Kent, UK

Dr. Chee-Keong Tan
Research scientist, Department of Engineering (Advanced Control and
Applied Engineering), Faculty of Advanced Technology, University of
Glamorgan, UK

Dr. Daciana Udrea
Lecturer, Civil and Mechanical Division, School of Engineering,
University of Warwick, UK

Dr. Mark Ware
Reader, Faculty of Advanced Technology, University of Glamorgan, UK

Prof. Gi-Chul Yang
Mokpo National University, South Korea

Prof. Valentina Zharkova
Professor of Applied Mathematics, School of Informatics, University of
Bradford, UK

=============
WCE Congress Co-chairs

Prof. Alexander M. Korsunsky
Professor of Engineering Science
Dean, Trinity College
Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK

Prof. Andrew Hunter
Professor & Head of Department
Head of Vision and AI Research Group,
Dean of Research
Department of Computing and Informatics,
Lincoln University, UK

Prof. David WL Hukins, CPhys, FinstP, FIPEM, FRSE
Professor of Bio-medical Engineering
Head of Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering,
University of Birmingham, UK

Prof. Leonid Gelman (honorary co-chair)
Professor and Chair in Vibro-Acoustic Monitoring,
Chairman of COMADIT, British Institute of NDT,
Director, Centre of Vibro-Acoustics and Fatigue,
Department of Process and Systems Engineering, School of Engineering
Cranfield University, UK

Dr. Christopher John Hogger (honorary co-chair)
Senior Lecturer
Department of Computing
Imperial College London, UK

Prof. Darek J. Ceglarek (ICMEEM honorary co-chair)
Professor, International Manufacturing Centre, University of Warwick,
UK
Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
The University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Fellow of CIRP; Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Automation
Science and Engineering, and ASME Transactions on Manufacturing
Science
and Engineering

Dr. Stephen Payne (ICSBB honorary co-chair)
University Lecturer in BioMedical Engineering
Dean of Degrees Keble College, Head of Physiological Understanding
through Modelling, Monitoring and Analysis Group,
Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK

More details about the WCE 2008 can be found at:
http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2008/index.html
http://www.iaeng.net/WCE2008/index.html
http://www.iaeng.com/WCE2008/index.html

More details about the International Association of Engineers, and the
IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, and the IAENG
International Journal of Applied Mathematics can be found at:
http://www.iaeng.org/about_IAENG.html
http://www.iaeng.org/IJCS/index.html
http://www.iaeng.org/IJAM/index.html
The official journal web site of Engineering Letters at:
http://www.engineeringletters.com
Other Engineering Letters web sites at:
http://www.engineeringletters.net
http://www.engineeringletter.com

********
It will be highly appreciated if you can circulate these calls for
papers to your colleagues.

0
wce_2008 (74)
11/14/2007 6:47:21 PM
comp.theory 5139 articles. 1 followers. marty.musatov (1143) is leader. Post Follow

Because of the likes of our "MI5 Persecution" contributor that seems
to eventually follow wherever I go, is why we'll have to help push
certain valued topics back on top of the GOOGLE/NOVA Usenet stack, so
that if there's viable interest in virtual 3D CAD or otherwise
intelligent structural engineering and advanced systems on behalf of
my 100 mile tall (LEO space reaching condo) structure, as such it'll
become just a little bit easier for those honest folks making the
proper topic to topic connections in spite of all the brown-nosed
clownism that's continually ongoing.

LEO HighRise Agricultural, Industrial, Office and Condos (starting at
$1000/sf + 1% annual member fees)
-- Brad Guth

0
bradguth (298)