Describing Blogs Mathematically

Hi all,

This is my first post, so excuse me if I am a bit green.

I was recently asked to explain blogs mathematically to someone... I am
struggling a bit with the task and was hoping to get some feedback.
Here is an attempt at how I would describe blogs with pseudo-formal
notation (Wouldn't know how to do it formally).  It's rather messy, but
it is a start...

B is the set of all blogs
b is a blog
E is the set of all entries
e is an entry
C is the set of all comments
c is a comment
A is the set of all authors
a is an author
R is the set of all blog aggregators
r is a blog aggregator

B = { b0, b1, ... , bn } - The BlogoSphere is the unordered set of all
blogs
bx = { ex,0, ex,1, ..., ex,n} - A blog bx is the set of all its
entries, where ex,y is not older chronologically to ex,y+1
For each entry ex,y there is a set of comments cx,y = { cx,y,0, cx,y,1,
...., cx,y,n }, where cx,y,z is not older chronologically to cx,y,z+1
For some comment cx,y,z = ba,b (some comments are blog entries via
track backs)
Each blog bx has at least one author aa in A who can create entries
Each entry ex,y has exactly one author aa in A who is the author
Each blog aggregator r is a fixed set of blogs {bx, by, ..., bz}

Typically, a blog bx displays entries ex,y on a  are displayed in
reverse chronological order: { ex,n, ex,n-1, ..., ex,0 }

Typically, a blog bx has an individual view where comments cx,y,z are
displayed with their bx,y in chronological order: {cx,y,0, cx,y,1, ...,
cx,y,n}

Typically a blog aggregrator r displays the most recent entries from it
set of blog.

Does any of this make sense?  Any references I could read to brush up
on my notation?

Joe

comp.theory 5139 articles. 1 followers. marty.musatov (1143) is leader. Post Follow

Mathematical blog?
Is there any simple way of blogging mathematics, hopefully using some variant of LaTeX? I googled for "mathematical blog" but none of the blogs I looked at seemed to contain any mathematics. -- Timothy Murphy e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366 s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland Timothy Murphy wrote: > Is there any simple way of blogging mathematics, > hopefully using some variant of LaTeX? > > I googled for "mathematical blog" > but none of the blogs I looked at >...

To Blog or not to blog.... why do we do this?
http://paulsalvador.blogspot.com/ Not hard to do,... maybe I should get a sponsor... 8^) ... On Jun 21, 2:51 pm, zxys <p...@zxys.com> wrote: > http://paulsalvador.blogspot.com/ > > Not hard to do,... maybe I should get a sponsor... 8^) > > .. bob z. has had a blog for a little while. he doesn't spend a lot of time on it, though. he would post a link to it, but no one would like him anymore after they read it. (it isn't swx related. yet.) :~( bob z. zxys wrote: > > http://paulsalvador.blogspot.com/ > > Not hard to do,... maybe I should ge...

Matlab and Mathematical theory of languages
Dear All, I'm writing to this list since am looking for a cooperation. I'm working about the development of a mathematical theory of languages. It defines a language as a set of elements which can be combined or associated (see the PS for an example). I'd like to cooperate with a computer scientist in order to define a Matlab package useful to create and to analyse a catalog of mathematical languages. This package should be placed in the public domain, freely accessible to anyone who might be interested. In the continuation of the message I send a sample function to include i...

Please would you describe the mathematical routines and...
Please would you describe the mathematical routines and algorithms that are employed within the =91pulse parameters=92 sub-routine of Labview? A Quick response would be much appreciated. Kuo, The method used in pulse parameters can be found on the help page for this VI. You can find this page by opening help and navigating to <b>VI and Function Reference>>Analyze VIs>>Signal Processing VIs>>Time Domain VIs>>Pulse Parameters</b>. Click the Details link on the top of the page for an explanation of what this VI is accomplishing. Regards, Matt F National ...

Call for Papers: Mini-Workshop on Mathematical Theory Exploration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000504070302020505090502 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit [ Please apologize for multiple copies !] CALL FOR PAPERS MINI-WORKSHOP ON MATHEMATICAL THEORY EXPLORATION (in the frame of SYNASC 2006, Timisoara, Romania, Sep. 26-29, 2006) Original papers on all aspects of computer-supported (algorithm-supported, formal, reasoning based, automated, semi-automated) mathematical theory exploration are solicited: - case studies - reasoning tools - organization...

Telecommunications: Blogs, Bloggers, and Blogging
Telecommunications: Blogs, Bloggers, and Blogging From newspapers to television shows, from small business to the world's largest corporations, and from religion to politics, everyone is riding the blog power sphere. WASHINGTON DC (IPR Wire) 28 July 2004 --- With the coming of age in blogging, people can demonstrate strength in numbers. With the power of blogs it is apparent that it's time for personal knowledge to be recorded and published. In the past five years, blogs have gone from the backroom to the boardroom. More recently during the previous six months, blogs...

Simple Theory of Countable Mathematics S*T*C*M
Simple Theory of Countable Mathematics IF A SET IS INFINITE AND YOU CONSTRUCT AN OBJECT BASED ON THE ELEMENTS OF THAT SET YOU CANNOT THEN CLAIM THAT THE CONSTRUCTION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE INFINITE SET Simple Enough?? This is your alternative that inflates every single published logic theory. this-is-not-in-that-set e ALL-ELEMENTS-OF-THE-SET CONTRADICTION IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE QED EXIST TRANS-FINITE-UN-COMPUTABLE-META-THEORY-HYPER-CONTINUUMS! Godel's Proof, Halting Proof, Cantor's Proof, PowerSet Proof, Russell's Set Proof, Universal...

HostMath
HostMath is a powerful interactive mathematical expressions editor. It uses WYSIWYG-style editing and allows creating mathematical equations through simple point-and-click techniques. 1. Many pre-defined Templates and Symbols in well-organized palettes that cover Mathematics, Physics, Electronics, and many other higher educations 2. Fine adjustment for Template shapes, gaps, and thicknesses with visual interface 3. Multiple Undo and Redo 4. Can generate equations as MathML. MathML will allow you to copy and paste math into many applications that understand MathML. URL: http://www.hostmath.co...

[...]

blog
http://edonkey.journalspace.com/ ...

Web resources about - Describing Blogs Mathematically - comp.theory

Mathematically Correct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mathematically Correct is a website created by educators, parents, mathematicians, and scientists who were concerned about the direction of reform ...

Mathematically possible
Mathematically possible

Conspiracy theories mathematically rubbish, says scientist
Were the moon landings faked? The odds against are astronomical.

"The mathematically proven winning strategy for 14 of the most popular games."
A not-quite-accurate headline for an interesting article with plenty of math.

Obama Delivers Warning to Supreme Court on Healthcare; If Obamacare Goes Down Who Is To Blame? Who Loses ...
... law. Or one can blame both parties and the process itself. The implications of what is happening with healthcare are severe. Mathematically ...

How to make mathematically precise pancakes
How to make mathematically precise pancakes

These Words Are Mathematically Proven To Improve Your Online Dating Profile
With millions of singles skimming profiles on dating sites every day, it can be tough to stand out from the crowd. But according to results ...

Simon Beck's mathematically precise snow art comes to Banff
Meghan Potkins Calgary Herald With just a compass and a pair of snowshoes, a British artist is etching out massive, intricate designs in Banff ...

Woz wishes us all a ‘mathematically sound’ New Year
Woz wishes us all a 'mathematically sound' New Year

Carney: Taxing high earners ‘mathematically sound’
'There is no deal without rates going up on top earners'