0403-029 not enough memory available

Hello,

I'm running a ksh script on AIX 5.1 and get an error, 0403-029 there is not
enough memory available.

The script reads various files into shell variables and then applies the
required quoting rules that we require. The various files vary in size with
the largest being 700Kb. It uses the  print command.

I read somewhere that there are limits with ksh internally, is this true ?

I have my both hard and soft ulimits set to unlimited.

When this error occurred previously we simply increased the ulimit -d option
and it worked again. Since then the data in the input files has increased
but we cannot increase further than the unlimited we are currently set to.

Any help/guidance appreciated

Thanks

Rob

2
a5888 (5)
7/10/2004 8:00:02 AM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

if anyone is interested, setting LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x80000000 seemed to do
the trick !!

Rob

"Rob S" <a@aa.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm running a ksh script on AIX 5.1 and get an error, 0403-029 there is
not
> enough memory available.
>
> The script reads various files into shell variables and then applies the
> required quoting rules that we require. The various files vary in size
with
> the largest being 700Kb. It uses the  print command.
>
> I read somewhere that there are limits with ksh internally, is this true ?
>
> I have my both hard and soft ulimits set to unlimited.
>
> When this error occurred previously we simply increased the ulimit -d
option
> and it worked again. Since then the data in the input files has increased
> but we cannot increase further than the unlimited we are currently set to.
>
> Any help/guidance appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob

0
a5888 (5)

There is not enough memory available now.
Dear Expert: while i run tar command for backup a filesystems(PROD1157); systems error: There is not enough memory available now I restore the tape data to other directory...but some file is lost so, i have some file is not backup into my to tape i clean the tape and change the tape with new tape ;then tar again....but error again I check my paging space only 1%USED i check file systems space with "df -k" command ....ALL file systems is under 70%used and i check system error log:nothing is occur I umount the file systems; run fsc; then re-mount the file systems tar again.....error again I change tje tape block_size to 10240 or 1024 or 512 or "0".....try tar again.....error again I umount the file systems & varyoffvg... change the vg(file systems) to my testing server(6H1) ,and retry tar command again......error again MY server is 6M1...tape driver is 3581...file systems on EMC CX 300 storage OS level is AIX 4.3.3-ML11 please Help....thanks #tar cvf /dev/rmt1 /PROD1157 a /PROD1157 a /PROD1157/prodarch a /PROD1157/prodarch/topas.error 0 blocks. a /PROD1157/prodarch/prod50829.arc 20346 blocks. a /PROD1157/prodarch/lost+found .... .... tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62437.arc: There is not enough memory available now. tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62438.arc: There is not enough memory available now. tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62439.arc: There is not enough memory available now. tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62440.arc: There is not enough memory available now. ...

AIX/UNIX consultant available for hire
Hello, Im available for consulting/contractual work. Pl. visit my website for more info:- http://www.kamalprasad.com/ regards -kamal ...

WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build...
I tried to run exact logistic regression on our SAS server. After minutes passed, the following warning showed on log window: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for exact computations. WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for exact computations. WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for exact computations. ............... And the SAS stopped running. It surprised me, Any ideas on how to avoid this? Apprieciate it ...

aix memory usage
Hi all, I am testing (memory consumption) a C++ application across different platforms (aix windows solaris linux). I found interesting/confusing results. I configured application on all platforms equally, i.e. it holds same amount of information in memory across all platforms. I found large difference in memory consumption between the pltforms. To hold X amount of information aix - process's total mem footprint (SZ + RSS of ps command): 90920+89064 (175 MB) solaris - process's total mem footprint (SZ + RSS of ps command): 4266+31176 (34 MB) It is very huge difference across platforms. Is it due to way OS handles memory management or diff STL implemenataions.? pankaj-startup wrote: > Hi all, > I am testing (memory consumption) a C++ application across different > platforms (aix windows solaris linux). > > I found interesting/confusing results. > I configured application on all platforms equally, i.e. it holds same > amount of information in memory across all platforms. > > I found large difference in memory consumption between the pltforms. > > To hold X amount of information > > aix - process's total mem footprint (SZ + RSS of ps command): > 90920+89064 (175 MB) > solaris - process's total mem footprint (SZ + RSS of ps command): > 4266+31176 (34 MB) > > It is very huge difference across platforms. > Is it due to way OS handles memory management or diff STL > implemenataions.? > It&...

Out of memory while I still have enough memory
Dear all, My problem is as follows, I want to run an simulation in Femlab. The mesh has around 10,000 elements and 8,000 nodes. My computer has a memory of 1,024 MB and I have set the virtual memory up to 4 GB. When I'm running the simulation the simulation stops with a message that it is "out of Memory". The used memory was at that moment around 0.8 GB, what means that the capacity of the memory was not fully used. Could someone tell me why this is and what actions I have to undertake to solve this problem. regards Harry Dekker Harry Dekker wrote: > > Dear all, > ...

Job opportunity available!!!! UNIX (Solaris and AIX)
Hi There, I am a recruiter for a company called Paradigm Technology, and I handle all of the contract, contract-to-hire and permanent staffing for a variety of Information Technology positions and projects across the country. My client has immediate needs for a Unix Engineer/Admin for AIX or Solaris, as well as Project Managers. That being said, I thought I would check in and get an update on your current situation and those who are members of your user group. Please pass this information on to see if anyone might be interested in a 1-2+ month contract in Lincolnshire, IL. Courtney Paradigm Technology cmoore@pt-corp.com On Apr 10, 6:33 am, Courtney Moore <miss.understoo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi There, > > I am a recruiter for a company called Paradigm Technology, and I > handle all of the contract, contract-to-hire and permanent staffing > for a variety of Information Technology positions and projects across > the country. My client has immediate needs for a Unix Engineer/Admin > for AIX or Solaris, as well as Project Managers. That being said, I > thought I would check in and get an update on your current situation > and those who are members of your user group. Please pass this > information on to see if anyone might be interested in a 1-2+ month > contract in Lincolnshire, IL. > > Courtney > Paradigm Technology > cmo...@pt-corp.com _the_ country ? this is _the_ internet. There is a world outside the USA you know...

Re: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build...
Ben: You likely know that exact estimates require computation of a potentially huge number of different possible distributions of data. A logistic model with many variables or many states of variables may require more memory than SAS has available to it. I wouldn't consider it unusual for an exact logistic regression to fill up memory. If you are opting for exact logistic regression because you trying to estimate, say, an odds ratio for an outcome found in a very small proportion of your data, you may have too many covariates for exact estimates on your machine. Try reducing the complexity of the model to minimal levels and computing estimates.If the minimal model produces sensible results, it would be safe to say that the complexity of the fuller model exceeds what a SAS exact logistic regression can support. In that case it would make sense to ask SAS Tech support for model dimensions that exact logistic should be able to handle on your machine. Because resource use in exact computations tends to increase exponentially with the complexity of a model, incrementing memory by any reasonable amount may not do much for you. Best in this case to ask. Your only practical choice might be to reduce the complexity of the model. S -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ben Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build... I tried to run exa...

Cannot run Fortran program on AIX: not enough memory
What can I do when I get this message on my AIX machine when I invoke the Fortran program? exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./hidutydrv because of the following errors 0509-026 System error: There is not enough memory available now. Thanks, and please also respond to my email address: Dan McKINLdj@westinghouse.com McKinldj@westinghouse.com wrote: > What can I do when I get this message on my AIX machine when I invoke > the Fortran program? > > exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./hidutydrv because of the > following errors > > > 0509-026 System error: There is not enough memory available > now. > > Thanks, and please also respond to my email address: > > Dan > > McKINLdj@westinghouse.com 1) Did you check the size of your code at run time ? size executable_name and "man size" for details. 2) Did you check your resources limits on this host ? ulimit -a 3) In AIX an executable cannot exceed 128MB in RAM if you do not use specific options with xlf. - Look at the -bmaxdata option in xlf manual if your code/AIX kernel is 32 bits - Use -q64 option with xlf if your AIX kernel is 64bits. Patrick Patrick Begou wrote: > McKinldj@westinghouse.com wrote: >> What can I do when I get this message on my AIX machine when I invoke >> the Fortran program? Did the program ever work on any system? If so, what differences exist between that system and this one? What OS level? How...

Labview out of memory message: memory full; not enough memory to complete this operation
Hello, I have programmed various algorithms for preprocessing of large data sets, mainly using the linear algebra toolkit.&nbsp; I am having memory problems with labview when I run my program - even when testing with a 'small' data set &nbsp;of 2000 columns and 2000 rows. I get messages like: Labvie out of memory; memory full; not enough memory to complete operation. And these messages come very soon after I import the data - i.e. i do not get much chance to do much processing! I will appreciate help with this. I have tried to streamline my code, but I am sure I am still missin...

error "There is not enough memory available now."
Dear AIX Colleagues, I've seen a number of posts to this error message, but none of the approaches with ulimit seemed to help. I tried to set ulimit -s unlimited, yet when I type the following command and still get the error: >for i in $(find . -type f) ; do ls -l $i ; echo $j ; done ksh: 0403-029 There is not enough memory available now. >ulimit -a ....(all unlimited)... Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what I can try? Solaris, HPUX this works fine. (I know about the -exec flag, but I'd like to have multiple statments in the do|done block. The above is just a short reproducible testcase...) Thanks much for any assistance. Sincerely, George "George" <gcross@anduin.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:35324a9d.0410121515.4ba7db0@posting.google.com... > Dear AIX Colleagues, > > I've seen a number of posts to this error message, but none of the > approaches with ulimit seemed to help. I tried to set ulimit -s > unlimited, yet when I type the following command and still get the > error: > > >for i in $(find . -type f) ; do ls -l $i ; echo $j ; done > > ksh: 0403-029 There is not enough memory available now. > > >ulimit -a > ....(all unlimited)... > > > Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what I can try? Solaris, HPUX > this works fine. (I know about the -exec flag, but I'd like to have > multiple statments in the do|done block. The above is just a...

Difference between HP Unix and Unix AIX
What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? Is there any ? dlprogress wrote: > What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? > Is there any ? > > Unless you're getting into system dependent stuff, no, there's no real difference. However, one real difference is that AIX is an IBM and not an HP product. -- Fletcher Glenn ...

We have an AIX lpar and sas isn't using the cpu/memory/etc capacity available
Hi, we have an aix capped lpar running aix 53ml4. It has 8 processors as shown by lsdev -Ccprocessor. We have smt enabled. But when running nmon ( and hitting "c" to show cpu activity ) when the machine is busy I can see that only the even numbered processors are being used most of the time. The odd numbered ones are being used occasionally. So it looks like smt is being used but only rarely. It looks like the box is over specced if anything but we need sas to run faster than it is so we have given it more cpu than it seems to be using. The odd numbered processors are being used but they are nowhere near capacity. The question is, how can i make sas spread its load over all the processors and use smt too? I have read the "Tuning guide for sas on aix 5L" and the only thing that seems that might make a difference is the AIXTHREAD_SCOPE variable which we currently have set to the default of P. Would setting it to S, make sas make more use of the processors available? Memory is 24Gb and is not being used fully either. Disk I/0 is not a problem either, the disks could be tweaked slightly but they are not being hammered and have throughput to spare. IO wait is 0% averaged over 12 hours according to nmon. Network, same again, we have etherchannel and we are running well under capacity and getting no errors on the network. We have the oracle database on a different lpar and that is not being hammered either. How do I make these beasties roar? Regards Bozo...

Out of memory & Function MEMORY is not available on this platform
well guys is very strange... since: when I type: help memory I am to get response from Matlab as: .... Example 1: Run the MEMORY command on a 32-bit Windows system: .... Example 2: Run the MEMORY command on a 64-bit Windows system: .... Example 3: Run the MEMORY command with two outputs on a 32-bit Windows system: [uV sV] = memory .... but when I type: memory ??? Error using ==> memory Function MEMORY is not available on this platform. Its kind of strange isn't it? btw I use MAC OS X 10.6 (might this be a problem?) Moreover I would like to execute this ...

not enough memory
Hi , I use proc model to estimate a hundred equations using=20 proc model data... ..... fit eq1 eq2 ..eq100/GMM And sas log says unable to allocate sufficient memory,need at least = 400mb more. Which is strange, I have 4G physicaly memory on WinXP 32 using sas 9.2. = Surely I have 400mb of free memory. Just as an aside, Proc model = actually prints out a memory usage chart which says it needs 800mb. So = the total memory needed is just 800mb. If I delete half of the equations, the program runs perferctly. I wonder = if there is anyway to fix this. I tried memsize and bu...

Not enough memory.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_53C3D811_0911BDC8_35C86F18 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Pj4+IGltcG9ydCBvcw0KPj4+IGhlbHAob3MucGF0aCkNCk5vdCBlbm91Z2ggbWVtb3J5LuKA jQ0KDQpXaHkgaSBnZXQgaXQ/Tm90IGVub3VnaCBtZW1vcnkgLCBub3QgaGVscCBpbmZvPyxu b3Q= ------=_NextPart_53C3D811_0911BDC8_35C86F18 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Jmd0OyZndDsmZ3Q7IGltcG9ydCBvczxicj4mZ3Q7Jmd0OyZndDsgaGVscChvcy5wYXRoKTxi cj5Ob3QgZW5vdWdoIG1lbW9yeS48c3BhbiBpZD0iX2VkaXRvc...

Enough is Enough
Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space slamming one another. Sharon On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:07:47 -0700, Sharon <me7@privacy.net> wrote: >Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is >supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space >slamming one another. > >Sharon Your right Sharon, they do. Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1 http://gregsplace.50megs.com <comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-p...

Available memory
Is there a function call, or a set of calls, that will tell me how much physical memory is available to grab with malloc? I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. Allo wrote: > Is there a function call, or a set of calls, that will tell me how much= =20 > physical memory is available to grab with malloc? >=20 > I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. see if there's an getrlimit(2) function in your distribution. man 2 getrlimit It's a Berkleyism as far as I can tell but may be in some other kernels as well. --=20 =D1 "It is impossible to make an...

No Memory Available
Dear Mathematica Experts, I am using NDSolve to do integration in time for 24 variables. I can choose only to do the integration for a short time range, otherwise I get the error: No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry. What frustrates me is that I get this error only after a minute or so although I can accept to carry out the run for a much longer time to reach the steady state solution but this error prevents me from this by killing the whole kernel. I tried to set the Historylength to zero with no improveme...

Is my memory is not enough?
Dear members: I am programming in C. I declare as follows but when running program, there is a fatal error appear: double a[255][255]; double b[255][255]; When I change it to double a[255][255]; double b[255][100]; then it works. I think the problem caused by the running out of memory. But I am wondering why I use malloc function, there is no error: ------------------------ double **a; double **b; a=malloc(255*255*sizeof(double)); if(a==NULL) printf("there is an error"); b= malloc(255*255*sizeof(double)); if(a==NULL) printf("there is an error"); -----------------...

Enough is Enough
Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space slamming one another. Sharon On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:07:47 -0700, Sharon <me7@privacy.net> wrote: >Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is >supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space >slamming one another. > >Sharon Your right Sharon, they do. Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1 http://gregsplace.50megs.com <comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-p...

No more memory available.
During this calculation: Det[m] the kernel has jammed and the following message has been visualized No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. it is possible to overcome this obstacle increasing the memory or it is a non surmountable limit of the windows XP vers 32 bit ? Thanks for the help If you search this forum or google for key words like "no more memory available" you would get your answer. I personally suspect that Mathematica has problems with Intel HT because running the same code on 64bit machine with 8gb of ram gives the...

not enough memory :-(
From time to time, my system seems to eat up all the memory. In this moment, for instance, if I try to open even a simple command window, it fails saying that there is non enough memory available :-( Shmemmon says: Available: 715 256Kb blocks = 178.8 Mb I had theseus already open, just in case, and the output of the linear memory map page is posted at http://tinyurl.com/2w62pj(It is too long to be posted here) I am unable to interpret it. Is anyone able to tell me what is going wrong? Is there any other check that I could do? thanks Piersante The correct link ...

Unix AIX
What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away and the server hangs, i would apprecaite a list of commands for unix aix, we are on version 6.1 Thanks!! SAPUNIX wrote: > What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes > we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away > and the server hangs those who do not go away, are they really not in use anymore? In comp.unix.aix, Sven Mascheck <mascheck@email.invalid> wrote: >SAPUNIX wrote: >> What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes >> we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away >> and the server hangs > >those who do not go away, are they really not in use anymore? My experience is if they don't go away from properly formatted ipcs / ipcrm commands, it's because they're tied to processes which are hung waiting on kernel threads (and basically, defunct). In which case you need to kill the owning process (which is already dead, and which probably won't respond to a kill -9 since it's stuck in a kernel thread) or reboot the box. SAP is the worst offender in this regard IME. It's the only app I've ever known people have to constantly clear down shared memory / semaphores for when it doesn't shut down cleanly. -- Tony Evans Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993 blog...

No more memory available
Hi, In a loop I am pushing data on a stack and popping it later. In the first part of the calculation I push more than I pop and it eats up all the physical memory, and eats also up all the virtual memory available for the App. No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry. It is with OSX 10.3.5 and Mathematica 5.0.1 on a G4 with 2GB SDRAM. I am wondering what technics are used by others in similar situation. Do you start to write out to the file system your accumulated unprocessed data and read it back late...

Web resources about - 0403-029 not enough memory available - comp.unix.aix

North Korea Threatens Attack On Seoul’s Presidential Palace
North Korea has threatened to attack Seoul’s presidential palace. On Saturday, the isolated nation warned that its military is prepared to attack ...

Humans of New York Founder Takes On Donald Trump
Brandon Stanton, the nimble shutterbug behind the immensely popular photo blog Humans of New York, has worked hard to filter politics and moral ...

Sanders beats Clinton in Alaska Democratic caucuses
Bernie Sanders soundly defeated Hillary Clinton in Alaska's Democratic caucuses on Saturday, giving his campaign a much-needed boost as he seeks ...

The Fangirl Returns: 'Batman v Superman' not as bad as feared, still terrible
Warning: Batman v Superman spoilers follow. Not long ago I wrote about my fears for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice . Now I've seen it, and ...

North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The day before North Carolina and Notre Dame were to meet for a berth in the Final Four, the talk around the Wells Fargo ...

Baby has epic dance-off with her Easter Bunny toy
This Easter season, a baby has found herself in a troubling situation. Her bunny toy — a mere bunny toy! — seems to think he can out-dance her. ...

Rolling Stones make history with Cuba concert
The group became the first major international rock band to play in Cuba.

The Kidnapped Kids That Sparked #BringBackOurGirls Are Being Used as Suicide Bombers
In 2014, you definitely saw #BringBackOurGirls all over your social media. The campaign was intended to raise awareness of the over 200 Nigerian ...

California Chrome easily wins $10 million Dubai World Cup
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — California Chrome was back at his best Saturday, soaring to a five-length victory in the $10 million Dubai ...

Mystery solved after mum is found 42 years after she vanished
A 42-YEAR old mystery has been solved in the US after police tracked down a long-missing Indiana mum in Texas, where she had been living under ...