access AIX with putty

Hi,

I am a linux user and just started with AIX this week, i found that
when using putty to acess the server the backspace button and tab does
not work like linux server and the system does not display the last
command when i type the up arraw key.

AIX guru please advice on how to make the command work the same way as
linux.

Thanks & Regards

Robert Ngo

0
robertncl (19)
2/17/2006 5:09:35 AM
comp.unix.aix 10935 articles. 6 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

Hi Robert,
You may want to try :
stty erase ^?
set -o vi
Use esc-K, esc-J as counterparts of up arrow and down arrow key
respectively.
-Thanks
Manju

robertncl@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a linux user and just started with AIX this week, i found that
> when using putty to acess the server the backspace button and tab does
> not work like linux server and the system does not display the last
> command when i type the up arraw key.
>
> AIX guru please advice on how to make the command work the same way as
> linux.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Robert Ngo

0
mbmuttur (3)
2/17/2006 7:01:26 AM
If you're used to (or prefer) Bash on Linux, you can change your shell
from Korn to Bash.
It should be already installed (unless you're using AIX < 5.1)

You can configure the code putty sends when you press backspace.
When starting putty on the left hand there is "Terminal"->"Keyboard".
When you switch from "CTRL-H" to "CTRL-?(127) the backspace problem
is solved.

Bye, Stefan ...  .     .      .

0
sllabres (47)
2/17/2006 10:25:16 AM
On 2006-02-17, robertncl@gmail.com <robertncl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a linux user and just started with AIX this week, i found that
> when using putty to acess the server the backspace button and tab does
> not work like linux server and the system does not display the last
> command when i type the up arraw key.
>
> AIX guru please advice on how to make the command work the same way as
> linux.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Robert Ngo

There is a configuration change in Putty where you can change
what code is emitted for a backspace between ^H and DEL.

Mike
0
mikee (687)

Problems while accessing Synchronized method.
Hi, everyone.. Right now i am doing one application in which i am calling one method which is synchronized. ( method signature is like public void synchronize(){} in that method body i am calling two stored procedures in First Strored procedure i am inserting data into database ,,--table1 in Second Strored procedure also i am inserting data into database ,--table2, table1 has primary key called auctionid where as auctionid is the foreing key of table2 when i am calling this method this method says that foreing key conflicts.. i don't know why this is happening.. my database is Ms...

Combining Outlook and Access
Is there a way to have text in an outlook email return a value from an access table??? For example, if I get an email with a part number in it, can I some how make it so that I can see the price of the part number with just a click? I am looking for something similar to 'smart tags', I think. On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:15:45 -0000, TommyG <tgilbride@hotmail.com> wrote: I don't know if smart tags could work. I know an Outlook add-in could. Presumably the code would have to be able to find the partnumber in the body of the text, perhaps using a regular expression, and then it ...

Progress and Microsoft Access
I wonder if some can help me. I have a client who has a system created in Progress. He needs to the system to be able to write data to a Microsoft Access database. He has been informed that this requires an Access ODBC driver that costs �250 per seat. And this would take 3 days programming to achieve. Has anyone undertaken the writing of data to Access, and is the above correct ? Thanks, D mcderd@yahoo.com (Dennis) writes: >I wonder if some can help me. >I have a client who has a system created in Progress. >He needs to the system to be able to write data...

Re: Call Symput and accessing macro variable in same dataset
%macro test; %local count; data xx; mon=6; call symput('count',mon); count=symget("count"); put "Unable to access " count=; run; %mend; %test; You cannot access the macro variable which you are creating in the dataset within the dataset just by using &macroname. You have to use Symget to do the same. HTH Monal --- Rajat Mathur <RMathur@INDUCTIS.COM> wrote: > Hi, > > I am attaching a code snippet I am unable to access > a macro variable in > the same dataset where it is created by using call > symput. > Can anyone help...

Access windows applications from AIX SAS "X" Command and "Call Module"
Hi, I have SAS 9.2 installed (Pretty much all licenses) on AIX server and EG 4.= 2 on my PC. I am working on series of SAS programs which needs to be execut= ed step by step; kinda uses output from one program as input for next progr= am. So at one of the step, the program calls in 'X' Command as followed %IF &N. =3D 8 %THEN %DO; DATA _NULL_; X 'C:\AHRQQI\AHRQPrediction\AHRQ.exe C:\AHRQQI\IQI\Prediction_PIQ08.xml'; RUN; %END; with this step there will be an output generated on PC; after this step the= re is other SAS program uses this output to ...

override malloc on AIX
Is it possible to override malloc with your own implementation on AIX? For example the program below prints malloc 5 on an ELF platform. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void * malloc (size_t p) { printf ("malloc %d\n", (int)p); return NULL; } int main (void) { char *p; p = strdup ("cici"); /* strdup calls malloc internally */ return 0; } Is it possible to do the same thing on AIX? (I have AIX 5.1) The reason I need this is to make the current CVS version of Emacs work on AIX. Emacs uses its own malloc implementation, and it sometimes c...

Accessing Access

TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows
Hi, I'm pretty versed in Postgresql version 7.* on Linux. Need to setup a 8.* server on Windows. Postgresql 8 is rejecting TCP/IP connections. Tried to acivate tcpip_sockets, as in the 7.4.* versions, configuring postgresql.conf param tcpip_sockets, but it is not recognized by version 8 (it even fails to start if included). Client IP's have an entry in pg_hba.conf. Is there any other task that must be done in order to get TCP/IP connections working? TIA, -- Werner Bohl <WernerBohl@infutor.com> Infutor de Costa Rica S.A. ---------------------------(end of broadcast)------...

PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset
I have a postgresql backend with an access front end and I am trying to redefine the recordset of the form to use an ADO recordset. The problem is that the CursorType always changes to AdOpenStatic, even if I choose adOpenDynamic. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. The form works great for viewing, but I cannot update or insert any new records. Below is the code I am using: connectstr = "DSN=SAP_PG;uid=postgres" Set conn = New ADODB.Connection conn.Open (connectstr) rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient rs.Open "select ProductID,ProductNam...

AIX password expiration + notification
hello all i need to know, when an AIX password will be expired. Unfortunately i'm NOT root, and i will NEVER be root ..... so thinks like root@tsmmgmt02:/etc/security# pwdadm -q nagios nagios: lastupdate = 1181056135 <<<<<<<< last change of password don't work. What is an possible workaround ? Thanks Dieter On Mar 25, 1:04=A0pm, Dieter Geyer <dieter.ge...@freenet.de> wrote: > hello all > > i need to know, when an AIX password will be expired. > Unfortunately i'm NOT root, and i will NEVER be root ..... > > so th...

Accessing Data within while loops
I have LabView 6.0 I have a while loop for my GUI that accesses various sub VIs. One of the Sub VI is a LED&nbsp;on/off thing, which basically checks the communication with the PIC board that I have. For turning the LED on or off, I have to sent a unique command. Since the Sub VI for the LED on/off is inside a while loop it continuously executes. I want the SubVI to execute only when the status of the boolean controlling the LED has changed from the previous value. I tried giving a feedback from the SubVI to indicate whether there is a change, but Labview will not allow such loops. I the...

Airport Extreme
Adding security to my airport extreme so that other iMacs connecting through the airport is easy enough to set up. All machines connect wirelessly. I would like to add a PC with wireless connectivity and having a few problems. I can connect the PC if the Airport Extreme is open and has no security, but unable to connect if I add security. Is there a specific length of numbers that I must use in the password? If so what is that number? Thanks for feedback mpmail <mpmail@grandecom.net> writes: > I can connect the PC if the Airport Extreme is open and has > no security, but una...

Export DDL of Access 2002 Database
I want to export DDL of an existing Database Microsoft Access 2002. I could write a routine that navigate into the TableDef of the DB. Exist something snippet code that do this? thanks On 31 Mar 2006 00:57:23 -0800, "kenshiro2000" <kenshiro2000@libero.it> wrote: >I want to export DDL of an existing Database Microsoft Access 2002. I >could write a routine that navigate into the TableDef of the DB. Exist >something snippet code that do this? > >thanks see recent thread http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/7dbfecb6c958815c...

Widget access
how to make the widgets defined inside the function available outside it without using OOPs concept? arvind enlightened us with: > how to make the widgets defined inside the function available > outside it without using OOPs concept? Why wouldn't you want to use OOP? Sybren -- The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself? Frank Zappa arvind enlightened us with: > how to mak...

Jinitiator
Hi all, can somebody explain me what is the meaning of the choice "Network Access" in the control panel of JInitiator ? Thank you in advance ...

just need to create share to access via XP ?
Hi, How do I create a share on SKO UNIX that I can access via windows XP ? Thanks for any information at all. Scott need to make sure samba is installed. ...

Get Data from SQL to Access
Please help me decided the best way to do this... I have a shopping cart web site that stores its data in an SQL server database. The client wants to retrieve daily orders via their access DB on their desktop. I have written macros to connect to the same SQL server, retrieve data and process data on my desktop. But What I'd like to do is... ..Display a list of open orders, etc, allow the client to select which items to transfer from the live to the desktop. How can I do this? Can someone point me to an example of data retrieval and display for action in Access? thank you in advance. ...

Could not access the MCR component cache
Hi eveyone, I am using a MATLAB compiled library in Linux environment but when want to access it and run my c++ code, I receive this message: "Could not access the MCR component cache". I am pretty sure that this is linux pathing issue and I wonder what this message means and what file the system is unable to access. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Zohair "Zohair" wrote in message <httdpd$90k$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi eveyone, > > I am using a MATLAB compiled library in Linux environment but when want to access it and run my c++ c...

Remote login access
We have a unique situation here - we don't want people to login directly to a user-id, say userA. We only want them to login to their personal IDs and then su - to userA. This can be easily achieved by setting rlogin to false and su=true. However we also want our scripts to be able to execute commands remotely, like "ssh host2 <command>" Now this kind of stuff is possible with rsh, but not with ssh. Is there a workaround for this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. In comp.security.ssh kedar <kedar.shetye@gmail.com>: > We have a unique situation here - we do...

Help remote server will only accept access from static IP
I am on an ISP that provides Dynamic IP's only. My company firewall will only accept connections from static addresses and they don't provide VPN. Is there a service where I can obtain a static IP address for OUTGOING connections. I know lots of services like DynDNS.org will map an incoming connection to a dynamic address but my problem is the reverse. I need the company server to see my incoming connection as coming from a static address. Can anyone suggest a way to make this work? Jim ...

delay_checks and access file
Hi everyone, I have entries in my access file such as: "user@domain.com 550 antispam protection please contact xxx" "123.123.123.123 550 antispam protection please contact xxx" If I use "FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend', `n')dnl" or any variation (ie: hater) it doesn't return the error message I set, just a default 'Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged'. Is it possible/ does anyone know how to change this behaviour, so I can return back the error message I set in the access file? The reason behind using the delay_ch...

PERL windows : "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."
Hi, I am getting following error " "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." When i tried to pass a list consisting of 300 file names. Scenario: folder F:\Testing\loc\ Contains around 300 files I have to pass these files as parameter to one perl script .pl, where these files are processed( opened and read). Alg: take each file and concatenate them to a list like: while($filename = readdir(DIR)) { $list .= $filename; } At the end, the list contains 300 file names. When I pass this as pa...

Accessing Files Across A Network
I have an XPpro box on a cable system and share a connection with a XPhome box in another room. How can I access that HDD over my network to access and pull files from that machine? Would also like to access my main printer from that box (that's currently on this machine) if anyone has any experience with home wireless networks. thanks, Chris "cov" <cover@NOSPAMmail-gw.fsr.net> wrote in message news:q3hln01f70sgvshvv3ski5b2dhvu0b8vac@4ax.com... >I have an XPpro box on a cable system and share a connection with a > XPhome box in another room. How can...

Access / Microsoft SQL Server (MSDE) / Oracle 10g XE
Hello All, FYI I've been working on learning and using Access with Microsoft's SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) and Oracle 10g Express Edition (XE). I used a concept breaking down financial information down into a report that provides an Income Statement based upon 4 metrics. The Access ADP for MSDE and MDB for XE creates the MSDE back end databases from scratch. Since my ISP provides file size limitations, I had to create 2 databases to create the random data. If you are interested, all the files are zipped up into 1 file download. The download file is 962 KB. See below: MD5 valu...

console access prob
H i my name is nimra i have ultra 10 machine ,running solaris 9 and veritas 4.1, i dont know what happened to my machine. when i boot my system after installing veritas got a mesg that (cannot open input output device , use ttya ) i dont even configure my machine to use console.I put console cable to conect it with my laptob using secure crt , but iam not conect it ( got just a small black rectangulat dot ) i am using null modem straight cable with 9 pin on both side , i have all consoles setting correct. Ne body hepl me how i can run my computer again , (i remembered i did run vxconfig ...