access AIX with putty

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I am a linux user and just started with AIX this week, i found that
when using putty to acess the server the backspace button and tab does
not work like linux server and the system does not display the last
command when i type the up arraw key.

AIX guru please advice on how to make the command work the same way as
linux.

Thanks & Regards

Robert Ngo

0
Reply robertncl (19) 2/17/2006 5:09:35 AM

See related articles to this posting

Hi Robert,
You may want to try :
stty erase ^?
set -o vi
Use esc-K, esc-J as counterparts of up arrow and down arrow key
respectively.
-Thanks
Manju

robertncl@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a linux user and just started with AIX this week, i found that
> when using putty to acess the server the backspace button and tab does
> not work like linux server and the system does not display the last
> command when i type the up arraw key.
>
> AIX guru please advice on how to make the command work the same way as
> linux.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Robert Ngo

0
Reply mbmuttur (3) 2/17/2006 7:01:26 AM

If you're used to (or prefer) Bash on Linux, you can change your shell
from Korn to Bash.
It should be already installed (unless you're using AIX < 5.1)

0
Reply rakeshsingh.za (7) 2/17/2006 9:47:28 AM

You can configure the code putty sends when you press backspace.
When starting putty on the left hand there is "Terminal"->"Keyboard".
When you switch from "CTRL-H" to "CTRL-?(127) the backspace problem
is solved.

Bye, Stefan ...  .     .      .

0
Reply sllabres (47) 2/17/2006 10:25:16 AM

On 2006-02-17, robertncl@gmail.com <robertncl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a linux user and just started with AIX this week, i found that
> when using putty to acess the server the backspace button and tab does
> not work like linux server and the system does not display the last
> command when i type the up arraw key.
>
> AIX guru please advice on how to make the command work the same way as
> linux.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Robert Ngo

There is a configuration change in Putty where you can change
what code is emitted for a backspace between ^H and DEL.

Mike
0
Reply mikee (687) 2/17/2006 12:04:33 PM
comp.unix.aix 10892 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Accessing MS-Access from Solaris and AIX
Hi: I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Access from Java client on Windows platform. We are in the process of migrating from Win to Solaris and AIX platform. MS-Access will continue to reside on Win platform. How can I access MS-Access from Java client on Solaris and AIX? Can I still use Sun JdbcOdbcDriver?. What drivers or files do I need on Solaris and AIX platforms? If Sun JdbcOdbcDriver for MS-Access is not possible on these platforms, please let me know alternatives. (I can't change database product) Thanks, Vasanth bvasanth123@rediffmail.com (Vasanth) wrote: >I am using ...

Accessing MS-Access from Solaris and AIX
Hi: I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Access from Java client on Windows platform. We are in the process of migrating from Win to Solaris and AIX platform. MS-Access will continue to reside on Win platform. How can I access MS-Access from Java client on Solaris and AIX? Can I still use Sun JdbcOdbcDriver?. What drivers or files do I need on Solaris and AIX platforms? If Sun JdbcOdbcDriver for MS-Access is not possible on these platforms, please let me know alternatives. (I can't change database product) Thanks, Vasanth on 7/12/2004 11:48 AM Vasanth Wrote: > Hi: ...

iSeries Access for Linux on AIX? for HMC access
Hi All, My HMC is shared between pSeries and iSeries. The HMC is only accessible through a AIX machine. The SvP, HMC and AIX machine are on a secured VLAN, not accessible directly from my PC, and the HMC is at great distance. With WebSM, the AIX partitions can create a vt100 terminal, but the (remote) 5250 terminal is not working through WebSM. I need to TN5250 from the AIX server to the HMC (Q#HMC), so I want to install the Linux ppc version of iSeries Access on AIX5.2 on power4 . Anyone with experience? Jan W ...

AIX developer access or hardware to run AIX (Europe)
Hi, Is there, just like for Linux on Power an organization that allows you to access an AIX machine as a software developer? I will mainly use it for porting software to AIX, but also for learning about the differences between Linux and AIX. Alternatively I would consider buying a machine (new or second hand), but I don't really know what the mininum requirements are for a machine capable of running Linux and AIX 6.1. But I have problems finding a site that sells these machines to European customers (more particulary Belgium customers). Does anybody know a site that sells to European cus...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") **************...

Putty for SSH access
Hi, I can log into my linux pc with the username (root) / password combination. When I try to use Putty to do the same thing, and when prompted for username and password, access is denied. Any ideas why? Cheers On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 08:36 -0700, jny0 wrote: > Hi, > > I can log into my linux pc with the username (root) / password > combination. When I try to use Putty to do the same thing, and when > prompted for username and password, access is denied. Any ideas why? > > Cheers More detail please. I have no problem doing this... if ssh is configured to allow tun...

AIX Access for NT4?
With a newly burned image of some AIXness, I'd like to czech it to see if I have anything remotely useable. Yet without hauling out one of my AIXboxen and setting it up, and _without_ inflicting Linux on myself, how can I access the CD? It's in AIXtongue, unreadable by my Wintel boxen. Suggestions? It's 499MB in size, so DOSWRITE is _NOT_ acceptable. My suggestion is burn it to a disk and send it to me........ I have several AIX boxen set up to receive it....... 7012-320, 7012-370, N40 (the cause of all this ruckus) CT > My suggestion is burn it t...

Spawning Access from Access
Hello, Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Access program with out going to a batch file or something? I would like to have an Access main menu and bring up a different front end Access program depending on the menu selection. I'm using Access 2000. Thanks, Hank Reed On 27 Dec 2004 05:26:34 -0800, "Hank" <hankrunner@aol.com> wrote: Sure. You can use Automation like this: dim o as new Access.Application o.visible=true o.OpenCurrentDatabase "c:\two.mdb", False -Tom. >Hello, >Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Acc...

Putty + AIX + X11 forwarding
Dear All, I have Xmanager running on my PC as the X-Server and Putty as my ssh client for my AIX server. I have "enable X11 forwarding" under "SSH" -> "Tunnels" and has the "X display location" as "localhost:0". I even tried to set the value same as the IP of my local PC. When I connect to the AIX machine using putty, I don't see the DISPLAY variable set. I could set the DISPLAY to my pc's ip address on the ssh session on AIX by "export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0" then I am able to run X- programs. If I set the DISPLAY on...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Linux + AIX Console Access
Hi All, I have a Rs/6000 (G40), and I have no graphic card in it, however I have a free serial port. I would like to use my Linux box as the console for it (using minicom). I have a NULL modem cable, but I am not sure what I need to do on my Linux side. Anyone do this before? tia Mag wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a Rs/6000 (G40), and I have no graphic card in it, however I > have a free serial port. I would like to use my Linux box as the > console for it (using minicom). I have a NULL modem cable, but I am not > sure what I need to do on my Linux side. Anyone do this befo...

How to access Maple using Putty
I am trying to remotely acess my files which contain Maple programmes and figures. I am able to acess my account,but at the moment I cam getting the Maple command--ie. I can write new programmes,but I can't acess files that I've already written,and I can't acess the figures drawn by Maple.I have been told to copy the files on the command line--what does this mean? Which command line? And I was told that "pscp" requires syntax. What?? I'm a beginner,so can someone please help? Thank you "Dunkin Donuts" <d_b_bartlett@hotmail.com> writes: >I am tryi...

Access Controls in Access
How on access can you set access controls to your users? If they log in with one username and password they can just read information and if they log in with another username and password they can read and write? I have no idea how to do this, is it even possible?? Thank you Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Brian wrote: > Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, > passwords, read/write allowances etc. to you...

Access to Excel to Access
I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a third text box on the form in access. Ideas? fonzie wrote: > I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a > button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, > the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run > and the cell containing th...

How does AIX handle unaligned access?
Hi Friends, How does AIX handle unaligned access? Why isn't sigbus seen on AIX? For e.g. the below piece of code would pass through fine on AIX.. but on HP it dumps with a SIGBUS -------- char arr[]="abcdefgh"; char *cp, *cp2; int i=99, j=88, k; int *ip; main() { cp = (char *)&i; cp2 = &arr[1]; for (k=0; k<4; k++) cp2[k] = * (cp+k); ip = (int *)&arr[1]; j = *ip; printf("%d\n", j); } -------------- Thanks, Mukundan In article <h2eFg.5$ud5.87@news.oracle.com>, Mukundan Narayanan <mukundan.narayanan@oracle.c...

Accessing webservice from access
Hi Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? Thanks Regards "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:40d73cf3$0$287$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? > Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? > > Thanks > > Regards I don't know if there's an easier way but you can use the MSXML object. I suggest you do...

access to Access #2
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave ...

Accessing... accessing... fascinating
The AIX has fallen... -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Accessing Notes from Access
Hello All, We have been charged with extracting some information from a notes database, into access or excel. We don't own any lotus products at all. We've tried installing NotesSQL odbc driver, which appears to install just fine, but it doesn't add any odbc driver to the listing, and when I run the admin tool it tells me that we don't have any appropriate version of notes on the machine. The system prereq stated we needed one of the lotus apps. So, I assume that we won't have access to the notessql driver unless we get a copy of notes or domino. The...

Access parameters and accessibility
I'm reading the book "Programming in Ada 2005" of John Barnes and I have difficulties to understand the chapter about access parameters. In chapter 10.7 on pages 197/198 he writes: --- An access parameter can be passed on to another access parameter; typically the accessibility indication is passed on unchanged but in the unusual circumstance where the called subprogram is internal to the calling subprogram, the accessibility level is replaced by that of the (statically known) formal calling parameter if less than the original actual parameter. --- Could some...