Joe
0
josil (4)
2/12/2004 4:09:32 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

On 2004-02-12, Joseph Silverius <josil@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am installing a new AIX 5.2 operating system. I have to decide
> between 32-bit and 64-bit kernel. From different message boards and
> IBM website, I don't see any reason to install 32-bit kernel. Looks
> like all 32 bit applications will work on 64-bit kernel. Is this
> correct? If this true why does IBM even supply a 32-bit kernel?

For two reasons:  some of the hardware that IBM still supports will only run
the 32 bit kernel, and 64 bits can often imply serious performance penalties
for applications that never need addresses or numbers in that range.

--
	--Arthur Corliss
acorliss (45)
josil@hotmail.com (Joseph Silverius) wrote in message news:<58e257c8.0402120809.7441742a@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>    I am installing a new AIX 5.2 operating system. I have to decide
> between 32-bit and 64-bit kernel. From different message boards and
> IBM website, I don't see any reason to install 32-bit kernel. Looks
> like all 32 bit applications will work on 64-bit kernel. Is this
> correct? If this true why does IBM even supply a 32-bit kernel?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Joe

Some applications runs with HACMP need 32-bit kernel.
0
bravecamp (4)
2/13/2004 8:27:10 AM
Thanks for your reply. Since you mentioned about HACMP, do you know
about any other applications that requires 32 bit kernel.
Thanks,
Joseph
0
josil (4)
2/16/2004 4:22:42 AM
josil@hotmail.com (Joseph Silverius) wrote in message news:<58e257c8.0402120809.7441742a@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>    I am installing a new AIX 5.2 operating system. I have to decide
> between 32-bit and 64-bit kernel. From different message boards and
> IBM website, I don't see any reason to install 32-bit kernel. Looks
> like all 32 bit applications will work on 64-bit kernel. Is this
> correct? If this true why does IBM even supply a 32-bit kernel?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Joe

When running in JFS2 mode though, there are things that errdaemon does
not catch.  Try to stick with JFS on your filesystems, unless you need
really big FS's.

BV
0
bverzal (169)
2/16/2004 8:40:15 PM
On 16 Feb 2004 12:40:15 -0800, bverzal@komatsuna.com (Bill) wrote:

>josil@hotmail.com (Joseph Silverius) wrote in message news:<58e257c8.0402120809.7441742a@posting.google.com>...
>> Hi,
>>    I am installing a new AIX 5.2 operating system. I have to decide
>> between 32-bit and 64-bit kernel. From different message boards and
>> IBM website, I don't see any reason to install 32-bit kernel. Looks
>> like all 32 bit applications will work on 64-bit kernel. Is this
>> correct? If this true why does IBM even supply a 32-bit kernel?
>>
>> Thanks for your time,
>> Joe
>
>When running in JFS2 mode though, there are things that errdaemon does
>not catch.  Try to stick with JFS on your filesystems, unless you need
>really big FS's.
>
>BV

Bill,

Can you be a little more specific in the things that errdaemon doesn't
catch?

TIA,
Mark
0
huijstee (15)

64-bit instance on Aix 32 bit kernel / 64 bit hardware
Hi, Is it worth to use 64-bit DB2 instances on a 32-bit kernel, in terms of: - performance - configuration (go beyond the 256 Mb segment for private mem, 1.75 Gb for Bufferpools) - other ? I've seen NIS is not supported, downlevel (64 to 32 bit ?) is not supported .... The "Should I be using DB2 64-bit?" tech note seems confusing: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&context=SSEPGG&q1=64-bit&uid=swg21188114&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en It states some restrictions - You can install 64-bit DB2 UDB Version 8 on 32-bit operating systems only on AIX, HP-UX and Solaris Operating Environments. ==>You will not be able to create or run 64-bit instances. You can only create and run 32-bit instances. <== Really ? The db2setup (8.2 / Aix) asked for 32-bit or 64-bit instance creation. It seems db2iupdt -w 64 works fine, and the instance is functionning, but is it worth ? Thanks for your help, Jean-Marc Jean-Marc, I believe what the technote is trying to say is you can install the 64-bit version of DB2 (i.e. the DB2 binaries) under a 32-bit OS, but once you install the DB2 binaries, you must create DB2 instances in order to operate a DB2 database. I believe it is saying that you cannot create 64-bit instances under a 32-bit OS. If you didn't receive an error in attempting to do so, I guess you are in uncharted territory, and risk not being able to get support from IBM. I'm not ...

Installers which are supported on 32 bit AIX will it work with 64 bit AIX machine.
Installers which are supported on 32 bit AIX will it work with 64 bit AIX machine. Normally in Unix who it works? kumaaraswamy@gmail.com schrieb: > Installers which are supported on 32 bit AIX will it work with 64 bit > AIX machine. > > Normally in Unix who it works? > on AIX: installp or rpm on SVR4: pkginst works independently of 32 or 64 machine -- Uli What happens in case of upgradation from 32 bit installers to 64 bit installers will it be supported? ...

Matlab 64 vs 32 bit benchmarking results (on Win XP 64 bit vs Win XP 32 bit SP2)
Recently I installed a new PC with dual boot, win XP 32 bit and win XP 64 bit. On the 32 bit OS I run 32 bit matlab, on the 64 bit OS I run 64 bit matlab. MATLAB Version 7.3.0.267 (R2006b) Intel core 2 duo 6700 @ 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS I benchmarked the systems in 2 ways (average over multiple runs): 1) with a benchmark from the file exchange MATLAB Central > File Exchange > Utilities > Miscellaneous > Benchmark http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=11984&objectType=file 2) With my own benchmark (training of neural networks, a neuro-fuzzy network that spends most time in shiftdim & repmat functions, delayest and a inverse of a 5000x5000 matrix) The result was a bit shocking to me... The 64 bit setup was in general more than 2x as SLOW as the 32 bit setup! about the 64bit setup: - only on the openGL graphics it was considerably faster - slightly faster on 2D graphics - equal on FFT calculation - most other benchmarks were about 2 times as slow - matrix inverse was over 4 times as slow! Booting in windows safe mode and using -nojvm made hardly any difference (faster 3D, slower 2D plots, for the rest the same) For your information Greetings Jorg Entzinger On 2007-03-02, JentzNews@gmail.com <JentzNews@gmail.com> wrote: > Recently I installed a new PC with dual boot, win XP 32 bit and win XP > 64 bit. On the 32 bit OS I run 32 bit matlab, on the 64 bit OS I run > 64 bit matlab. >...

AIX 32-bit upgrade to 64-bit
Hi, Can anyone share experience, like what sorts of things to look out, on an upgrade from AIX 32-bit system to 64-bit? Some specifics: 1. systems are AIX 4.3 and 5L 2. hardwares are 64-bit capable 3. would all AIX bundled softwares be taken care of automatically? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks. Yung Be aware that the 64-bit susbsystemes between AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.X are binary incompatible. Thus, if you run a 64-bit Oracle 8i envrionment on 4.3.3, for example, then it won't run at all on AIX5.X. This complicates the upgrades. The 64-bit executables work like this irrespective of the kernel "bitness". On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Ho, Yung wrote: > > > Hi, > > Can anyone share experience, like what sorts of things to look out, on an > upgrade from AIX 32-bit system to 64-bit? > > Some specifics: > 1. systems are AIX 4.3 and 5L > 2. hardwares are 64-bit capable > 3. would all AIX bundled softwares be taken care of automatically? > > Any comments are appreciated. Thanks. > > Yung > Colin Renouf "AIX is user friendly. It's just choosy who its friends are." ...

compiling on 32-bit vs. 64-bit (gcc fails on 64-bit)
On a 64-bit Scientific Linux 5.4 machine, I get the following when I try to compile the basic "Hello world" program: [root]# g++ -Wall hello.cc -o hello /tmp/ccglIDXK.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:10: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:38: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:55: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:79: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:81: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:85: Error: suffix or operand...

32-bit or 64-bit in AIX 5.3?
whats the command to tell if the AIX 5.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit? I tried oslevel and it says 5.3.0.0 thanks. Steve <javacc2@gmail.com> wrote: > whats the command to tell if the AIX 5.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit? I tried > oslevel and it says 5.3.0.0 bootinfo -K Regards, Gregory Gregory Young wrote: > Steve <javacc2@gmail.com> wrote: >> whats the command to tell if the AIX 5.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit? I tried >> oslevel and it says 5.3.0.0 > > bootinfo -K Officially, on current levels, prtconf. And, FYI, you'll want to become familiar with lslpp. ...

AIX 5.3 and 64 bit/32 bit kernel
I am about to install AIX 5.3 and need some clarification re 32 bit/64 bit kernel. 1. What is the default? 2. What impact does running 32 bit or 64 bit kernel have? 3. Is there any impact on applications currently running on a 32 bit kernel AIX server if I move them to one running in 64 bit mode? Loial wrote: > I am about to install AIX 5.3 and need some clarification re 32 bit/64 > bit kernel. > > 1. What is the default? > 2. What impact does running 32 bit or 64 bit kernel have? for me, it was necessary for large memory processes and large filesystems ( > 1Tb). It was AIX 5.1 and 5.2. Default was 32 bits.There was a small bug in the install: system saying it was 64bits but kernel was 32 bits.... now in /usr/lib/boot I have: unix -> /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 > 3. Is there any impact on applications currently running on a 32 bit > kernel AIX server if I move them to one running in 64 bit mode? > ...

h80 32 bit to 64 bit on AIX 5.1
I need to upgrade an h80 from 32 bit to 64 bit due to an application requirement. Does anyone know of any 'gotchas' in this environment ? JYard UCLA AIS John Yard wrote: > I need to upgrade an h80 > from 32 bit to 64 bit due > to an application requirement. > > Does anyone know of any 'gotchas' > in this environment ? I don't know of any probs with 5.1 64 bit but I'm running 5.3 64 bit on some 7026-6H1 which is the same hardware as 7026-H80 with different label. And, if you're upgrading once, you should consider to use this opportunity to go to 5.2 or 5.3 'cause 5.1 will be out of maintenance soon (http://www-306.ibm.com/fcgi-bin/common/ssi/ssialias?infotype=dd&subtype=sm&appname=IBMLinkRedirect&htmlfid=897/ENUS5765-E61). In article <429qraF1i4316U1@uni-berlin.de>, Patrick <rhodan_nospam_5625@freakmail.de> wrote: > John Yard wrote: >> I need to upgrade an h80 >> from 32 bit to 64 bit due >> to an application requirement. >> >> Does anyone know of any 'gotchas' >> in this environment ? > > I don't know of any probs with 5.1 64 bit but I'm running 5.3 64 bit on > some 7026-6H1 which is the same hardware as 7026-H80 with different > label. That's correct (re: H80 vs 6H1). I have 4 6H1s, they all ran 5.1 64-bit for a short time, and 5.2 64-bit for a long time. No problems with any of these. Nothing special to switch to...

Relative Oracle performance on 32-bit and 64-bit AIX 5.x
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone here has compared Oracle 9i performance on 32-bit and 64-bit AIX 5.x? I'm currently running everything on 32-bit and am wondering if there is any compelling reason to move to 64-bit? Besides a potentially larger memory access, I cannot see any good reason. If you have pointers to any websites on the above, that would interest me tremendously as well. Thanks and best regards. Rom Marshall ...

AIX 5.2 Performance 32 vs 64 bit.
We are in the process of upgrading our AIX systems from 4.3 to 5.2. Is there any significant performance difference between using the 32 bit vs the 64 bit kernel? Our programs use a very large amount of memory, will the larger pointers required for 64 bit processing enlarge things enough that it would not be worth any advantages we get? Thanks for your help James Hinchey james.hinchey@catalinamarketing.com james.hinchey@catalinamarketing.com (James Hinchey) wrote in message news:<3ec73cda.0406210845.1ff41861@posting.google.com>... > We are in the process of upgrading our AIX systems from 4.3 to 5.2. > Is there any significant performance difference between using the 32 > bit vs the 64 bit kernel? > > Our programs use a very large amount of memory, will the larger > pointers required for 64 bit processing enlarge things enough that it > would not be worth any advantages we get? > > Thanks for your help > James Hinchey Situations where you use large amounts of memory are exactly those where you will tend to see advantages going with the 64-bit kernel so, yes, I would go 64-bit. Also make sure that you use JFS2 filesystems. ...

32 bit or 64 bit Oracle on 64 bit OS?
Hello, Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are planning to check following. 64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers. Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well? Do we need to reinstall Oracle clients with 64 bit installable if Oracle Server is upgraded to 64 bit? Is 32 bit Oracle is certified on 64 bit OS? Do we need to take care of any other issues? Kindly share your experiences and help me to get the answers of these questions. Thanks & Regards, Shailesh Can migrating to Linux will be better option than 64 bit Windows? Please let me know your opinion on this as well. Thanks & Regards, Shailesh Updated Subject. Comments embedded. Shailesh wrote: > Hello, > > Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 > standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of > scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to > the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are > planning to check following. > > 64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers. > > Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well? Yes, 64 bit Oracle is required on 64 bit Windows. The 32 bit version of Oracle may work, but is not su...

32-bit vs. 64-bit ??
What are the advantages of 64-bit over 32-bit computing? Does DB2 support 64-bit architectures for Windows or Linux? Sam wrote: > What are the advantages of 64-bit over 32-bit computing? Does DB2 > support 64-bit architectures for Windows or Linux? DB2 and Oracle support 64 bit computing and have for some time now. The advantages are in the area of floating-point math, the ability to address large amounts of RAM, moving very large datasets (and that doesn't mean tens or a few hundreds of GB). -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washingt...

64-bit vs 32-bit
for those interested, here is an article comparing speed of 32-bit and 64-bit apps. http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5768&page=1 -nick e. tho I'm sure you all saw it on /. already :-) -- Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect. --Linus Torvalds "Nick E." <nicke@flyingpigs.com> wrote in message news:ADxQb.3988$BA2.1886@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com... > for those interested, here is an article comparing speed of 32-bit and > 64-bit apps. > > http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5...

Porting C++ application on 32 bit to 64 bit on AIX
Hi, We are porting C++ application, called mHandler, from 32 bit to 64 bit on AIX platform. (The current version of AIX is 5.3 and xlC verison is 8.0). It depends some of the libraries, called hattr.a, which we have written. While porting, we are able to compile the libraries by including the -q64 option in xlC compiler. But, when we link all this library to the main application (we have made all the modifications to the Makefile like adding -q64 flag etc in order to compile the 64 bit applications.), we are getting the following errors: ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .FxCharFile::good() const ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .FxCharFile::error() const ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .operator<<(ostream&,const DateTime&) ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .DateTime::~DateTime() ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: Virtual table for class "FxCharFile": first non-inline virtual function in "FxCharFile" is not defined. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: Virtual table for class "Record": first non-inline virtual function in "Record" is not defined. gmake: *** [CustDelta] Error 8 Any pointer to resolve this issue would be a great help. Thanks, -Nikhil ...

32-bit Number * 32-bit Number = 64-bit result
I need to do multiplication that mirrors how C handles integer multiplication. That is, one 32-bit number times another 32-bit number equals the least significant 32-bits of the 64-bit result. In theory, I could mimic that behavior like so: (x * x) & 0xFFFFFFFF But this doesn't work quite right because the initial multiplication can produce such a large result that JavaScript looses some precision. Any thoughts? Ideas? "Jeff.M" <Mott.Jeff@gmail.com> writes: > I need to do multiplication that mirrors how C handles integer > multiplication. That is, one 32-bit...

syntax error near unexpected token `<bigaf>'
Hi, Currently, we are porting C++ applications from 32 bit to 64 bit on AIX platform. (The current version of AIX is 5.3 and xlC verison is 8.0). We are able to compile the applications by including the -q64 option in xlC compiler. And we are able to link all these libraries to one of the main applications and generate an executable. SKLoader. But, when we try to run this main executable, we are getting the following errors: ../SKLoader: syntax error near unexpected token `<bigaf>' ../SKLoader: ./SKLoader: line 1: `<bigaf>' Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

syntax error near unexpected token `<bigaf>'
Hi, Currently, we are porting C++ applications from 32 bit to 64 bit on AIX platform. (The current version of AIX is 5.3 and xlC verison is 8.0). We are able to compile the applications by including the -q64 option in xlC compiler. And we are able to link all these libraries to one of the main applications and generate an executable. SKLoader. But, when we try to run this main executable, we are getting the following errors: ../SKLoader: syntax error near unexpected token `<bigaf>' ../SKLoader: ./SKLoader: line 1: `<bigaf>' Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Nikhil "Nick" <r.nikhilk@gmail.com> writes: > the main applications and generate an executable. SKLoader. But, when > we try to run this main executable, we are getting the following > errors: > > ./SKLoader: syntax error near unexpected token `<bigaf>' > ./SKLoader: ./SKLoader: line 1: `<bigaf>' This is an error message *from your application* You have the source to it, and only you can debug it. That said, it appears that your application wants to read/interpret some kind of archive, built with ar(1). The default format for AIX archives changed from AIAMAG to AIAMAGBIG at aix4.3 -> aix5.1 transition (IIRC), and your app is having trouble understanding the latter. You'll need to either "teach it new tricks" (i.e. write code to interpret AIAMAGBIG archives), or feed it the "old style" archives (&qu...

32-bit vs. 64-bit libraries
I have RHEL version 3 EM64T on an HP ProLiant DL380 G4. I've installed HP's version of snmpd with their cmaX extensions. When I fire up snmpd, I get: /usr/sbin/snmpd: error while loading shared libraries: libwrap.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ldd also shows that library (and others) missing, but if you strace, you see that it in fact looks at libraries in /usr/lib64 (where the missing libs are), but after looking at the first few bytes, ldd looks elsewhere for the file. It appears that it won't link 64-bit libraries in at runtime, and since I h...

Help
I am assisting my IT Director in doing an analysis for my company about switching to 64 bit machines. My company is a large group with many business divisions - some small and small big. Each operates independently. There various different spplications that are run in the company (not all in the same machine) - ERP, custom built database applications, CAD/CAM applications, number crunching modelling software, MS office, email, etc. Some of the questions that I am addressing are: 1. Should we be buying 64-bit now or wait? What does it mean to the company? To the IT department? 2. A lot of people say because there are not many 64 bit applications and there is no point in migrating to 64-bit. Is this true? 3. Terminal Services - how many more users will 64-bit TS support? How does 64-bit TS compare to 32-bit TS? 4. Are there any compelling reasons for us to consider 64 bit processors? If there is anything significant you want to add, please do. I would also appreciate links to useful information about these issues. Thanks in advance. Sowmya A 64-bit machine/OS is generally better at handling large quantities of RAM. (> 4Gigs) There are advantages to having a 64-bit system for tasks which involve handling large amounts of data. DBMS, CAD/CAM, number crunching modeling, etc. Whether your mail client is 32-bit or 64-bit won't matter. Unless someone types at a rate of 40-million chars/sec. or regularly creates 10-gigabyte documents then using a 64-bit word proces...

[...]

64-bit vs 32-bit tclsh
I thought I would see what the performance differences are between 32- and 64-bit builds on x86 processors. Builds are from 8.5a3 sources, with default configuration. Running on an Athlon64 under SuSe 9.3, the 64-bit version is 1.2 to 1.5 times faster, on tclbench tests (excluding I/O). Full test results: www.sfu.ca/~gay/tcl3264.pdf -- *** To reply by e-mail, make double u single in address *** ...

64-bit vs. 32-bit Matlab
I am wondering if 64-bit Matlab in 64-bit OS compiles faster things? Than 32-bit Matlab in 32-bit OS if the machine is the same one!!! If no... what are the advantages that 64-bit Matlab with 64-bit OS brings us??? "Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <idjev2$sp6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am wondering if 64-bit Matlab in 64-bit OS compiles faster things? Than 32-bit Matlab in 32-bit OS if the machine is the same one!!! Generally 64-bit is slower. >If no... what are the advantages that 64-bit Matlab with 64-bit OS brings ...

32 bits vs. 64 bits Oracle
I am about to update Oracle from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0 on a Sun E3500 running Solaris 7. If I have the chance to choose, should I prefer the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit version? Would anyone explain the difference in general, and perhaps in the particular case of Oracle? The machine has 2 GB and won't ever get more. By the way, if if booting kernel/unix (32 bit Kernel), will any 64 bit software still run? We have had a case the other way around: A special software won't run properly if booting the 64 bit Kernel. Thanks in advance Rick Denoire In article <7kc9uvop07odr9k0heb...

Web resources about - AIX 32 bit vs 64 bit - comp.unix.aix

Aix Jumelage Relations Internationales - Aix ville ouverte sur le monde
Association Jumelages et Relations Internationales 2, Place du Général de Gaulle 13100 Aix en Provence Tél. : + 33 (0)4 42 16 11 75 et + 33 ...

Les Aix-d'Angillon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 47°11′56″N 2°34′21″E  /  47.1989°N 2.5725°E  / 47.1989; 2.5725 Coordinates : 47°11′56″N 2°34′21″E  /  47.1989°N 2.5725°E  ...

SCO says IBM's licence to use AIX withdrawn
The SCO Group has taken the next step in its battle against IBM by announcing that it has terminated IBM's right to use or distribute any software ...

UNIX(AIX)系统常用命令_Unix子站_IT专家网
UNIX(AIX)系统常用命令 UNIX(AIX)系统常用命令

Buccaneer Energy selling Alaska interests to AIX in bankruptcy proceeding - Alaska Dispatch
... on Monday, Australian independent Buccaneer Energy is asking a federal bankruptcy court in Texas to approve a sale to Houston-based AIX Energy ...

Apple developing new all-glass French store in Aix en Provence
Apple is developing a futuristic new retail store design for Aix en Provence, France which creates an outdoor appearance using a wraparound transparent ...

Microsoft Project AIX is an open source Minecraft-based artificial intelligence solution
... not worried, but excited. Don't fear progress, y'all. Today, Microsoft announces a new artificial intelligence solution, called Project AIX. ...

Ding-dong! AIX is dead: IBM doubles-down on Linux
Penguin-power suffocates AIX as it sleeps. IBM (NYSE:IBM) is pouring more money into Linux. This time, it's to get people to use Linux on its ...

Live Like A King At Villa Gallici In Aix-En-Provence, France
AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France – If exceedingly elegant and luxurious travel is your style, then add Villa Gallici in Aix-En-Provence to your increasingly ...

IBM Announces Next Generation POWER Systems – Big Win for AIX Users, New Option for Linux
... that inevitably accompanies new hardware announcements, and the real impact of this announcement lies in its utility for current AIX users and ...