AIX 5.2 as ISO images for download?

Anyone have this available?  I'd like to get 5.2.0.1 or 5.2.0.2 as it
has device drivers for some new PCI-X cards as well as P650/690
support.

thanks
comp.unix.aix 10958 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

newsposter@mn.rr.com (chuck) wrote in message news:<ef48d760.0401011744.7d1e11e0@posting.google.com>...
> Anyone have this available?  I'd like to get 5.2.0.1 or 5.2.0.2 as it
> has device drivers for some new PCI-X cards as well as P650/690
> support.
>
> thanks

Huh?  IBM's giving AIX away for free?
0
vumg (15)
1/2/2004 4:42:32 PM
newsposter@mn.rr.com (chuck) wrote in message news:<ef48d760.0401011744.7d1e11e0@posting.google.com>...
> Anyone have this available?  I'd like to get 5.2.0.1 or 5.2.0.2 as it
> has device drivers for some new PCI-X cards as well as P650/690
> support.
>
> thanks

Contact your local IBM dealer.

Steve
0
steve9035 (402)

AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3
I have an AIX 5.1 system I'm planning on upgrading to either 5.2 or 5.3. I don't have the install media for 5.3 though and I think IBM might charge me to get one so I was thinking of starting with 5.2. However, I had an undesirable experience with 5.2 where I was at ML 4 and had to do a disaster recovery restore. I only had my original 5.2 install media and found that to do a restore from mksysb I had to have 5.2 install media at the ML 4 level or it wouldn't work. Does anyone know if that was an issue with ML 4 or with 5.2? I mean if you have you system at ML 6 on 5.2 do you have to boot from an install media that supports ML 6? Seems like a bunch of shit if so. Also, is this the case for 5.3 or would any AIX 5.3 install media allow you to restore from mksysb at a higher ML level? On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:50:46 -0500, Robin <storchr@xavier.edu> wrote: > I have an AIX 5.1 system I'm planning on upgrading to either 5.2 or 5.3. > I don't have the install media for 5.3 though and I think IBM might > charge me to get one so I was thinking of starting with 5.2. However, I > had an undesirable experience with 5.2 where I was at ML 4 and had to > do a disaster recovery restore. I only had my original 5.2 install > media and found that to do a restore from mksysb I had to have 5.2 > install media at the ML 4 level or it wouldn't work. > > Does anyone know if that was an issue with ML 4 or wit...

Looking for AIX 5.2 binaries, IS anyone running Ruby on AIX 5.2 ??
Looking for AIX 5.2 binaries, IS anyone running Ruby on AIX 5.2 ?? Regards Bryan Webb On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 bww00amdahl@yahoo.com wrote: > Looking for AIX 5.2 binaries, IS anyone running Ruby on AIX 5.2 ?? We are still running 5.1 here at work and planning to go directly to 5.3 later on this year. -- Matt Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_ bww00amdahl@yahoo.com wrote: > Looking for AIX 5.2 binaries, IS anyone running Ruby on AIX 5.2 ?? > We are running ruby 1.8.3 on AIX 5.2. It's more easier to build ruby on AIX with the 1.8.3 version. But you will ha...

RE: Kerberos 5 v1.5.1 on AIX 5.2 or AIX 5.3
Believe it or not; both solutions seem to work and compilation succeeds ! #define GET_HOST_BY_NAME(NAME, HP, ERR, TMP) \ { \ (HP) = (gethostbyname_r((NAME), &TMP.ent, &TMP.data) \ ? 0 \ : &TMP.data); \ (ERR) = h_errno; \ } Worked and so did... #define GET_HOST_BY_NAME(NAME, HP, ERR, TMP) \ { \ struct hostent my_h_ent; \ (HP) = (gethostbyname_r((NAME), &TMP.ent, &TMP.data) \ ? 0 \ : &my_h_ent); \ (ERR) = h_errno; \ } Thanks for the help ! I will continue testing with my current install base on AIX. I really appreciate the rapid responses and solutions ! Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Ken Raeburn [mailto:raeburn@MIT.EDU] Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 5:13 PM To: Marcus Watts Cc: Saxon, Lamar; kerberos@mit.edu Subject: Re: Kerberos 5 v1.5.1 on AIX 5.2 or AIX 5.3 On Sep 18, 2006, at 17:56, Marcus Watts wrote: > Lamar.Saxon@americredit.com writes: > ... >> making all in util... >> making all in util/support... >> cc -I../../include -...

mixing AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3 on power5?
Looks like I may get a p550q soon. I'm not allowed to migrate the existing applications (yet) to 5.3. I want to install a 5.3 LPAR and begin understanding the VIO layers. Can I mix 5.2 and 5.3 LPARs on the same p550q? I know the 5.2 must be at the whole CPU level and the 5.3 could use portions of a single CPU. Anything else? Mike yes you can have 5.2 & 5.3 on different lpars on the same p550, and yes, you need 5.3 to do micropartitioning with the cpu's. with 5.3 you can also run your lpars in uncapped mode so that unused processing units can be accessed by your active partitions from the shared processor pool. 5.3 has some significant improvements to virtualization, so if youre interested in this stuff, i would recommend you try to get your app to run on the 5.3 partition even if you have to port some stuff. theres lots of good redbooks on virtualization. it gets a bit complicated though, and i'm still trying to figure a lot of it out. good luck. http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247940.html?Open On 2006-01-29, christiancolborn <christiancolborn@yahoo.com> wrote: > yes you can have 5.2 & 5.3 on different lpars on the same p550, and > yes, you need 5.3 to do micropartitioning with the cpu's. with 5.3 you > can also run your lpars in uncapped mode so that unused processing > units can be accessed by your active partitions from the shared > processor pool. 5.3 has some significant improvements to > virtualization, ...

Need to take mksysb backup of AIX 5.2 & 5.1 on AIX 5.1 Server.
Hi All Need docmented notes of step by step installing NIM Server on AIX 5.1 Server. Send me also documented notes on installing the NIM client for Aix 5.2 & 5.1. You can send the docs to prsanwal@gmail.com mail account. Awaiting your quick response. Warm Regards Prateek S How about go search IBM's web site and use the man pages... then if you get stuck, come back here and ask for help... We're not here to do your job for you. seriously! jeez prateek... have a little tact man! you want us to find you a bunch of documentation and mail it to you? and quickly? come on dude... show a little initiative... at least TRY to figure it out by yourself first, and evidence that by posting what you have tried and what happened. i know man pages suck ass (it honestly seems sometimes like they're TRYing to be vague and indirect sometimes). and i know ibm's website is ridiculously, monumentaly unorganized. but shit man, have you have heard of google? or askjeeves? i just searched for "installing NIM server on AIX" on google and found like 12,000 results! i know you come from a different culture where people may act a bit more... direct... in the workplace, but when you post a post like that, where you obviously havent even tried to find out yourself, you want people to find you documentation and EMAIL it to you, and you tell them to be QUICK? shit dude... not really how it works around here. btw- no one can see your email address in case you didnt know...

Reverse binary compatibility between AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.1
Hi , I wrote a simple "hello world" program on AIX5.2 using gcc compiler . The resultant binary exe(name - getpqstatus) when i ran on AIX5.1 it is giving the below error : exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./getpqstatus because of the following errors: 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for getpqstatus because: 0509-136 Symbol __strtollmax (number 15) is not exported from dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o). 0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv' command. Does anyone has any idea why this is happening ..? Does even simple programs compiled in AIX5.2 do not run on AIX5.1 ...? Any help will be really helpful and appreciated ... Thanks and Regards Sona . H'llo Sona, What you're trying to do is not possible. AIX is being maintained in such a way that older programs will still run on the newer versions of AIX. The other way round, however, is not guaranteed. Apparently, the strtollmax() function was only invented in AIX 5.2, and AIX 5.1 doesn't have it. The golden rule is: whenever you want to support multiple versions of AIX, compile it on the oldest version you want to support. It will *usually* work on the newer versions as well. Cheers, Menno Menno Willemse <flexor@wanadoo.nl> wrote: > The golden rule is: whenever you want to support multiple versions of > AIX, compile it on the oldest version you want to support. It will >...

Binary compatibility of AIX 4.2.1 app on AIX 5.2
I have a legacy application that works on AIX 4.2.1 and as we are upgrading the hardware to a box running AIX 5.2, I'm wondering about the binary compatability of the 2 AIX versions as I think the source code has disappeared. Any advice on what to do if it doesn't work? Am I screwed? Tom. Tom Brehony wrote: > I have a legacy application that works on AIX 4.2.1 and as we are upgrading > the hardware > to a box running AIX 5.2, I'm wondering about the binary compatability of > the 2 AIX > versions as I think the source code has disappeared. You chances are very good unless "non-standard" practices have been used. 4.2.1 is too early for 64-bit support so that is not a worry. So as long as the app is not compiled for a specific processor or includes kernel extensions or is timing-dependant, then you should be fine. Having said which, it would be nice to tell what -qarch= value was supplied when it was compiled. Darned if I can remember how to do that though. Anyone care to remind me? > Any advice on what to do if it doesn't work? Am I screwed? Well, yes, except you could continue to run on 4.2.1 until the hardware which will run it evaporates. After all, you waited this long ... Simon Marchese <sjm_news@yahoo.co.uk> writes: > as long as the app is not compiled for a specific processor or > includes kernel extensions or is timing-dependant and as long as it was dynamically linked against libc.a(shr.o) ....

Can I restore Aix 5.3 backup with Aix 5.2 boot and...?
Hello, Situation: At home I have RS6000 that I bought for educational purpose. The model is IBM RS/6000 7044-170 that has AIX 5.3 installed. As I am really a beginner in the Unix based operating systems field, I presume there will be a lot of backup/restore procedures in the begining. At home I have 2 desktop computers running Windows XP Home in network with the RS 6000. Unfortunately the server doesn't have tape drive, but only CD and floppy. I have already made a backup with mksysb, excluding the filesystem that the backup is going to be in. Questions: 1. Please, advise me how can I restore this backup after things mess up. I'm thinking of splitnig it on two CDs and every time I have to restore it - booting from the Aix 5.2 boot cd that I have, copying it on the hard drive, merging it into one file and after that - restoring. If you can suggest me a more elegant way - please, do it :-) 2. The second question - the one from the topic - can I restore with the AIX 5.2 boot cd backup of AIX 5.3. From my beginner's logic - I think it's not going to be a problem, but I need someone to confirm. Thank you all very much in advance. In article <1149258472.280674.145380@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Simeon.Iskidzhiyski <simaka@gmail.com> wrote: > At home I have RS6000 that I bought for educational purpose. The model > is IBM RS/6000 7044-170 that has AIX 5.3 installed. As I am really a > beginner in the Unix based operating systems field, I pre...

Can a volume group under AIX 5.3 be imported under AIX 5.2?
Can a volume group that has been created under AIX 5.3 be imported under AIX 5.2? Thanks, PG On Thursday 08 December 2005 17:03, Philip Greer wrote: > Can a volume group that has been created under AIX 5.3 be > imported under AIX 5.2? See the -I flag in the chvg manpage. Dmitri On 2005-12-08, Philip Greer <Emittim3@comcast.net> wrote: > Can a volume group that has been created under AIX 5.3 be imported under > AIX 5.2? This is explained in the manpage of mkvg and chvg on AIX 5.3. -- Jurjen Oskam ...

Upgrading AIX 4.2 to AIX 5.2 but database version going to be same
Hi folks, I have a client who doesn't want upgrade their oracle 7.3.4 which is running on AIX 4.2 server now and they want to upgrade the OS to AIX 5.2. I have 7.3.4 CD's, Do i need to install 7.3.4 on AIX 5.2 server then move the database? or just copy oracle_home and database from AIX 4.2 server to new server and bring it up? Do anyone already done this in any unix platform just upgraded the OS? Thanks Suresh -- Message posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com "suresh manampilly via OracleMonster.com" <forum@OracleMonster.com> a �crit dans le message de news:91896d38851047afb966679b40a5992f@OracleMonster.com... | Hi folks, | | I have a client who doesn't want upgrade their oracle 7.3.4 which is running on AIX 4.2 server now and they want to upgrade the OS to AIX 5.2. | | I have 7.3.4 CD's, Do i need to install 7.3.4 on AIX 5.2 server then move the database? | | or | | just copy oracle_home and database from AIX 4.2 server to new server and bring it up? | | Do anyone already done this in any unix platform just upgraded the OS? | | Thanks | | Suresh | | -- | Message posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com Oracle 7.3.4 does not work with AIX 5.* See certification matrix on Metalink. Regards Michel Cadot suresh manampilly via OracleMonster.com wrote: > Hi folks, > > I have a client who doesn't want upgrade their oracle 7.3.4 which is running on AIX 4.2 server now and they want to upgrade the OS to AIX 5.2. > &...

Can not install/compile DBI/DBD on AIX 5.3 or AIX 5.2
Im at my wits end here and need serious help as time is running out. Ive just installed a new box with AIX 5.3 and it included IBM's flavor of Perl 5.8.2 I can not install the Bull version of DBI as it expects an older version of Perl with a different layout. Note: Ive tried faking it out without success. So I'm now trying to compile the DBI source. I keep getting the follow errors with DBI and other modules: /usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/CORE/reentr.h:619: error: field `_drand48_struct has incomplete type /usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/CORE/reentr.h:727: error: field `_random_struct has incomplete type /usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/CORE/reentr.h:775: error: field `_srandom_struct has incomplete type I've found only two references to this specific error after hours of googling and both did not have a resolution. Applied the perl 5.8.2.10 ptfs without any difference. Tried to compile on other AIX 5.2 boxes with same results. Tried to remove IBMs perl, but it claims its required by bos. How can I get DBI or other perl modules to compile??? Thanks in advance Scott BTW - I'm using gcc 3.3.2 It looks like the structs are defined wrong in AIX for gcc to allow them? ...

moving xlc 5.0.1 on aix 4.3 to aix 5.2?
We are upgrading our B50 with AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 We currently use C for AIX xlc 5.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3. I remember reading xlc 5.0.2 is required to be used for AIX 5.2. Does this mean we have to purchase a new compiler, or is there an upgrade available. thank you sol sol gongola wrote: > We are upgrading our B50 with AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 > We currently use C for AIX xlc 5.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3. > > I remember reading xlc 5.0.2 is required to be used for > AIX 5.2. Does this mean we have to purchase a new > compiler, or is there an upgrade available. Just install updates. You should be at a 5.0.2.9 compiler level anyway, although that version is out of support. The compiler is the compiler, and if you've got a version 5 license, it should be good on any release of AIX, AFAIK. YMMV, though. -- Gary R. Hook / AIX PartnerWorld for Developers / These opinions are MINE ________________________________________________________________________ ...

AIX 5.1 / VAC 6.0 vs AIX 5.2 / patched VAC 6.0
Hi everybody, I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined in the above libraries). According to IBM support: - AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 with lattest patch is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.00 base version (ie without any patch) isn't a supported platform (!!!!) I don't know wether this issue is due to to missing compilation/link flags or to a binary incompatibility with the libraries I am using. Here are the flags I am using in my makefil if it helps: -+ -qfloat=nomaf -qxflag=NLOOPING -O -DNDEBUG Is anybody aware of this issue, ie was such an incompatibility to be expected ? Any information, hints or suggestions are welcome... Thanks, -- benjamin Benjamin Ratiarisolo wrote: > I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX > 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. > This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age > C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. > > Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined > in the above libraries). There have been issues with mangling, but since you don't actually list any of your link error...

perl 5.8.2.0 base fileset is in AIX 5.2 or is in 5.3?
Did this base fileset first appear in 5.2 or did it first appear in 5.3? (I don't have 5.3 hosts, so I can't check that.) Thanks! -Dan Dan Foster wrote: > Did this base fileset first appear in 5.2 or did it first appear in 5.3? > > (I don't have 5.3 hosts, so I can't check that.) > > Thanks! > > -Dan Not really sure, but I think appearance was with 5.3. Checking at my site and found the highest level on a 5.2 machine was 5.8.1.12 - never seen a 5.8.2.0 on a 5.2 machine In article <dqgafi$jfe$1@online.de>, Friedhelm Neyer <Friedhelm.Neyer@t-online.de> wrote: > Not really sure, but I think appearance was with 5.3. > Checking at my site and found the highest level on a 5.2 machine was > 5.8.1.12 - never seen a 5.8.2.0 on a 5.2 machine That's what I thought. :) Thanks! (It now appears that we may want to ask IBM, for a related matter, to put a maximum version/release limit for SUMA downloads.) -Dan ...

KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #2
I have seen several emails from different people over the last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore with the changes to shared libraries. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos >>>>> "Grant," == Grant, Martin <Martin.Grant@fmr.com> writes: Grant,> I have seen several emails from different people over the Grant,> last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to Grant,> compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the Grant,> problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume Grant,> that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the Grant,> case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore Grant,> with the changes to shared libraries. We no longer run AIX tests. Our donated AIX box was very old and slow, and its disk was in the process of dieing. If there's no one out there in the Kerberos development community who cares enough about AIX to get the betas, test them and send bug fixes, then yes, AIX support is going to be fairly bad. Kerberos is an open-source product; if you want it to work better on your pl...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #2
Exact same errors specifying --without-tcl. I removed the config.cache, config.log, and etc the reran configure. From my configure line - ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/kerberos --enable-dns-for-realm --without-tcl --with-vague-errors Then after make... making all in lib/rpc/unit-test... Target "all" is up to date. cc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -qhalt=e -O _THREAD_SAFE -c client.c cc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -qhalt=e -O _THREAD_SAFE -c rpc_test_clnt.c cc -L../../../lib -blibpath:/usr/local/kerberos/lib::/usr/lib:/lib -g -qhalt=e -O -D_THREAD_SAFE -o c nt client.o rpc_test_clnt.o -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support -lpthreads ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l k5crypto ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l com_err ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l krb5support ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 255. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. Any ot...

AIX 5.2 #2
Hi, I am trying to aquire aix 5.2 for educational purposes for a used 43p-150 that I plan to purchase. I see ebay has some sets of disks for $99 in original unopened package. Does anyone know what legal implications are there to buy this and then use it for my own personal use? If bad idea, what is the right way to do this? Hi June, unforunately, I know no way to get a "educational" license of AIX. This is one of the most often critizised thing about AIX. Anyway, 5.2 is only supported on 43P-260 and -270 boxes (see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/aixgen/relnotes/52RELNOTES/10073903.htm#support). I have not tried using older hardware yet. Patrick June Bug wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to aquire aix 5.2 for educational purposes for a used 43p-150 > that I plan to purchase. I see ebay has some sets of disks for $99 in > original unopened package. Does anyone know what legal implications are > there to buy this and then use it for my own personal use? If bad idea, what > is the right way to do this? > > "Patrick" <rhodan_nospam_5625@freenet.de> wrote in message news:c0brkn$a11$1@online.de... > Hi June, > > unforunately, I know no way to get a "educational" license of AIX. This > is one of the most often critizised thing about AIX. Anyway, 5.2 is only > supported on 43P-260 and -270 boxes (see > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/aixgen/relnotes/52RELNOTES/10073903.htm#support)....

building php 5.3.2 on aix 5.2
Hi, I'm trying to build PHP 5.3.2 on AIX 5.2 ML01, gcc & gcc++ 4.0, make 3.8 gmake crashes with the following msg: collect2: ld returned 254 exit status gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1 PHP 5.0.5 builds fine. any idea? TIA Michael Michal K napisa�(a): > Hi, > > I'm trying to build PHP 5.3.2 on AIX 5.2 ML01, gcc & gcc++ 4.0, make 3.8 > > gmake crashes with the following msg: > > collect2: ld returned 254 exit status > gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1 Of course, PHP version is 5.2.3, in addition here's my configure command ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-oracle=/path/to/ORACLE_HOME --with-openssl=/opt/freeware --disable-xml --disable-pear --disable-dom --disable-simplexml --enable-mbstring --enable-calendar best regards, M ...

[ace-users] Re: How can I use ACE(Latest Beta Kit) for AIX version 5.3/5.2 and VisualAge C++ 7.0/6.0 for AIX on machine IBM P690? \
Hi Oliana, Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email. See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html for more info on how to access these resources. > I want to use ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.3,Now > I'm writing application program base on ACE.tar.bz2 (Latest Beta > Kit) and testing ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.2 for > IBM P690 and using VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0,It?s very > strange ,the ACE.tar.bz2 was compiled successful,But the application > program can?t be compiled success,There are a lot of problems.It has > reported a lot of mistakes of STL head file in VisualAge ,and then > It told me there are something wrong in VisualAge C++ 6.0/7.0's head > file.I don't know why,Then ,I written testing code ,only have tested > VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0 for AIX version 5.2's head > file already,the compiler was compiling and running up to snuff,no > mistake in head file.And you know ,When I put the same application > program and ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) in Redhatlinux for PC and > Turbo linux for IBM eServe BladeCenter, there are no mistakes,and > It?s normally compiling and running so fast.So,I don?t know why,what > happ...

Default services aix 5.2 Vs aix 4.3
I have installed a new aix 5.2 on 7044-270 running apache, sendmail and bind. I can see this processes running which weren't in aix 4.3.3. Do i need them ? How i can stop them for ever ? (stopsrc -s doens't works with them ) - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.AuditRMd - 0:00 /usr/ccs/bin/shlap64 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.ERrmd - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.ServiceRMd - 0:09 /usr/sbin/hostmibd - 1:21 /usr/sbin/muxatmd - 0:09 /usr/sbin/snmpmibd - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.CSMAgentRMd - 0:10 /usr/sbin/aixmibd Thanks. "Erri" <erricharl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<F_WEc.1294078$A6.5181807@telenews.teleline.es>... > I have installed a new aix 5.2 on 7044-270 running apache, sendmail and > bind. I can see this processes running which weren't in aix 4.3.3. > Do i need them ? > How i can stop them for ever ? (stopsrc -s doens't works with them ) > > - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.AuditRMd > - 0:00 /usr/ccs/bin/shlap64 > - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.ERrmd > - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.ServiceRMd > - 0:09 /usr/sbin/hostmibd > - 1:21 /usr/sbin/muxatmd > - 0:09 /usr/sbin/snmpmibd > - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/IBM.CSMAgentRMd > - 0:10 /usr/sbin/aixmibd > The muxatmd, snmpmibd and aixmibd are Simple Network Managaement Protocol (SNMP) daemons for AIX. All can be turned off by commenting out the entries that start them in /etc/rc.tcpip. shlap64 is part of the 6...

migration node SP aix 4 .3 to aix 5.2
is possible migrare a node sp from aix 4.3 to 5.2 cws 5.1 pssp 3.3.0 On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:01:26 GMT, "caspar" <jjj@iol.it> wrote: >is possible migrare a node sp from aix 4.3 to 5.2 > >cws 5.1 >pssp 3.3.0 Yes, but you need to follow the direction in the PSSP: Installation and Migration Guide GA22-7347-05 which says: Prior to migrating any of your nodes, you must migrate your control workstation to the latest level of AIX and PSSP of any node you wish to serve. For example, if you plan to migrate any node to AIX 5L 5.2 and PSSP 3.5, the control workstation must first be migrated to AIX 5L 5.2 or later AIX level and PSSP 3.5. Both the control workstation and the nodes can be migrated directly from PSSP 3.2 or PSSP 3.4 and AIX 4.3.3 to PSSP 3.5 and AIX 5L 5.1 or AIX 5L 5.2. My guess is that you are running PSSP 3.4 on the CWS since there was no 3.3 version. You must go to PSSP 3.5 to support AIX 5.2. Darrell Frappier Detroit MI N3JWJ darrell at frappier dot us ...

Download 9.2 for AIX 5.1

FW: IDS Migration from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2
Trying to send again. Steve Brown -----Original Message----- From: Brown, Steve L [ITS] Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 8:31 AM To: 'TBP' Subject: RE: IDS Migration from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 We fought this for over a month last year. We went from some RS6000 running 2 500 mHZ cpu's to a P630 running 4 1 gig cpu's. We went from 4.3.3 on the old boxes to 5.2 on the new machines and had many problem trying to get Informix to behave. IBM, after many weeks of trying and failing, had us change from 64 bit kernel to a 32 bit kernel. That helped a lot, but still had problems with Informix. They then made us change from "shared memory" to tcp connections. IBM said the problem was that the "Regatta" boxes are too fast to use "shared memory". Things settled down and we went into production. But last year has been horrible with our app. We lost performance. We run ton's of big stored procedures and choke the boxes pretty often. They finally closed all our open ticket in favor of upgrading to the next relase and see how it goes. We're going to upgrade next month. I forgot the next version number. The gut feel is that Informix ran better under 4.3 with the 2 500 mHZ cpu's. Steve Brown -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of TBP Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 4:58 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: I...

Re:migration node SP aix 4 .3 to aix 5.2
Hi! Try this on your CWS: lscfg -vp | grep Architecture If you have "RSPC Architecture", it's not possible (machine type 7043-14 0 for exemple...) If you have "CHRP Architecture", YOU CAN DO IT (machine type 7044-170 fo r exemple...) If you can: You have to upgrade your CWS: AIX 5.2 and PSSP 3.5 Then you can upgrade your node: AIX 5.2 and PSSP 3.5 Bye. >is possible migrare a node sp from aix 4.3 to 5.2 > >cws 5.1 >pssp 3.3.0 > > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr Le : Fri Apr 8 11:12:59 2005 depuis l'IP : 194.250.175.35 [VIP 838515172649] ...

Web resources about - AIX 5.2 as ISO images for download? - comp.unix.aix

Don't Download This Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Don't Download This Song " is the first single from "Weird Al" Yankovic 's 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood . The song was released ...

Facebook Adds To Download Your Information
Facebook increased the amount of information users can access when they download their account histories using the social network’s Download ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

‘Silent updates’ for Android download latest version of Facebook without Google Play
... users to receive app updates without going through the Google Play store. Some Android users are now receiving “silent updates,” which download ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Download ATL’s New eBook For Small Firms And Solos: Academy For Private Practice, Volume 2
Our new eBook, ATL Academy for Private Practice: Volume 2 Up & Running offers insights on a wide range topics, including developing a management ...