Can't Mount

Trying to mount filesystem and I get the error

nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 remote_node: System call error number -1

I've checked and insured that my 'nfs' daemons are running.
0
ucstyle (94)
9/22/2004 8:03:15 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

ucstyle@hotmail.com (Ken) wrote in message news:<d526473a.0409221203.48cb0e15@posting.google.com>...
> Trying to mount filesystem and I get the error
>
> nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 remote_node: System call error number -1
>
> I've checked and insured that my 'nfs' daemons are running.

Hi Ken,

I am getting the same error, cannot seem to find a way around.. have
you managed to get it fixed? please help.

Regards,
Nisch
0
nischalm (4)
9/27/2004 11:57:40 PM
Nisch <nischalm@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ucstyle@hotmail.com (Ken) wrote in message news:<d526473a.0409221203.48cb0e15@posting.google.com>...
>> Trying to mount filesystem and I get the error
>>
>> nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 remote_node: System call error number -1
>>
>> I've checked and insured that my 'nfs' daemons are running.
>
> I am getting the same error, cannot seem to find a way around.. have
> you managed to get it fixed? please help.

A quick search led me to
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/tips0403.html?Open

Maybe it helps to add the client to the server's /etc/hosts file.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
0
albe (312)
9/28/2004 7:23:55 AM
nischalm@yahoo.com (Nisch) wrote in message news:<2af89458.0409271557.18117314@posting.google.com>...
> ucstyle@hotmail.com (Ken) wrote in message news:<d526473a.0409221203.48cb0e15@posting.google.com>...
> > Trying to mount filesystem and I get the error
> >
> > nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 remote_node: System call error number -1
> >
> > I've checked and insured that my 'nfs' daemons are running.
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> I am getting the same error, cannot seem to find a way around.. have
> you managed to get it fixed? please help.
>
> Regards,
> Nisch

Yes, we got the problem resolved. We added the entry to our /etc/hosts
file and it worked fine. What we did find, from running a trace was
that the request was coming from our en2 card and not our en1 card as
we wanted. We're not able to bring that card down so we added the IP
to the host file.

HTH
0
ucstyle (94)

Can't mount CD's or DVD's
The system: Dual Core Athlon 4Gig Mem. OS Opensuse 10.0 Kernel 2.6.13-15.12-smp x86_64 I've got 2 DVD drives. A cheap IDE DVD burner that lists as "DC DQ60" under the hardware listing and an old Creative SCSI DVD-RAM RAM1220S. They both were previously working fine 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now neither one will mount any media I place in either one. I tried several CD's and DVD's that all mount fine in both a Suse 10.1 system and a RedHat EL 4.0 system. They contain various OS installs. Both drives are recognized and are listed in the YaST hardware listing. Both drives open wh...

NFS Server on AIX: Can't mount w/Linux
Ugh, I've been going around and around with this and I'm finally to the point where I've got to ask someone! Here's what I've got: 'r' is an AIX 5.1 box (ML 7) exporting a filesystem /scores like this in /etc/exports: /scores -access=xxx.xxx.241.8 The xxx are actually IP numbers and the entry was put there by smit. This IP matches the client. I've run exportfs and tried to mount it via Linux box 'c' which is running RHEL AS 3 update 6. Running the mount fails with permission denied: mount -r xxx.xxx.241.7:/scores /r-scores The ls -aln on 'r' for that directory: drwxrwsr-x 14 3 305 1536 Dec 21 17:30 scores The ls -aln on 'c' for where I'm going to mount it: drwxrwsr-x 2 3 305 4096 Feb 3 10:44 r-scores There doesn't seem to be any help in the ethereal dump of the packets -- any way to turn on AIX nfs debugging? An AIX 4.3.3 box has this machine mounted (a different directory) so the NFS system is ok on AIX and the client machine is mounting from another machine, so its ok on that end. I thought it might be times, but they're both synced within a minute or two. Thanks! Brian Never tried it with an IP address in the exports file, but it works fine with a host name. Note that with a host name, both forward and reverse lookup has to work. We use DNS, but an entry in /etc/hosts should be OK as well. You normally give "*" for the hostname and ...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro
I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has ran into this. Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the subform, and the event does not fire. When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the same time. I have never used a macro in my life. When I say "sort-of" above, the only thing I can think that I may have done is this: When quickly "ALT-TAB'ing" between my form and the VB editor, I *think* I accidently deleted the words [Event Procedure] out of the said OnCurrent event. Although, I'm quite sure I have done this in the past, and was able to just re-initiate the event, and move on. Now, when I try to re-initiate the event (by clicking the "..." symbol next to the event) it brings up the EXPRESSION BUILDER! Not the Choose Builder request like it should. I have tried everything short of re-creating the form completely (compact/repair, export form - c/r - import form, ext...) Anybody ever see this? You should be able to just type in [Event Procedure] in the event slot and it will begin working. Rational Repairs wrote: >I have run into a sudden problem and thought ...

CORRECTION : Can't connect to Xserver SHOULD BE Can't connect to XVNCserver

PC freezes on start up, can't restore, can't install
Help! Just to clarify what we have so far; We have a eMachines P4 2.2ghz 80gb hd 256mb ram 64mb graps. Running xp sp1 we have a multimedia keyboard On start up the pc had been flashing up a "hotkey keyboard" icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the desktop, it went away almost immediately and carried on booting up, recently it was staying there and freezing the pc, we unplugged the speakers and the games pad and it seemed to do the job, it worked ok for about 6 weeks, then the icon stayed on...freezing the pc and making the monitor black out! We could manually switch the pc off by holding the button in, rebooting and on the second time of asking the pc would boot up ok! a week ago it would freeze and not continue no matter how many time we re-booted. So what have we done about it.... I have started in safe mode and disabled ALL of the start up programs in MSCONFIG including hotkey.exe. I have tried a standard Dell KBD not multimedia and a USB mouse, after hearing they both use c:\windows\system32\drivers\i8042prt.sys driver! (KBD using KBDCLASS) (mouse using MOUCLASS) drivers separately, using the USB mouse forced the pc to use another driver for the mouse. Yesterday I tried to change "input lacales" in control panel, but it doesn't give me the option? So I uninstalled the KBD driver from add remove progs and control panel completely with no success either. I can't get onto Msoft web site for up to date drivers for the MM KBD we're using s...

Problems with VG...can't varyon, can't delete, etc...
I'm guessing this sucker has been broken for quite some time: # lsvg intS80h5vg 0516-010 : Volume group must be varied on; use varyonvg command. # varyonvg intS80h5vg 0516-008 varyonvg: LVM system call returned an unknown error code (3). I don't need it, so I'll try to remove it: # odmdelete -q name=intS80h5vg -o CuAt 0518-307 odmdelete: 4 objects deleted. # lsvg intS80h5vg # lsvg -p intS80h5vg 0516-010 : Volume group must be varied on; use varyonvg command. # varyonvg intS80h5vg 0516-008 varyonvg: LVM system call returned an unknown error code (3). Crap, it's not deleted. How can I get rid of this and and PV's that may still exist for it? I can't gather any info on it.... TIA, DM Maybe you can exportvg it and then just remove the devices. JaYmZ "gprimerib" <hmprimerib@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1112389041.521876.281000@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I'm guessing this sucker has been broken for quite some time: > > # lsvg intS80h5vg > 0516-010 : Volume group must be varied on; use varyonvg command. > > # varyonvg intS80h5vg > 0516-008 varyonvg: LVM system call returned an unknown > error code (3). > > > I don't need it, so I'll try to remove it: > > > # odmdelete -q name=intS80h5vg -o CuAt > 0518-307 odmdelete: 4 objects deleted. > > # lsvg > intS80h5vg > > # lsvg -p intS80h5vg > 0516-010 : Volume group must b...

can't include 'http...foo.php', but can include 'http...foo.txt'
This seems weird, but when I use the following code, include 'http://www.foo.com/includes.php'; includedfunction(); I am told that it is a call to an undefined function, but 'includedfunction' is on the server. the following includes work fine, and the run the called function with no trouble: include 'http://www.foo.com/includes.phtml'; include 'http://www.foo.com/includes.txt'; all three include.php,.phtml & .txt are on the server and are exactly identical. I am running php version 4.1.1. Anyone have any ideas? In article <768682d0.0308190004.dd35f7c@posting.google.com>, googlegroups@paul13.com (paul13) wrote: > This seems weird, but when I use the following code, > > include 'http://www.foo.com/includes.php'; > > includedfunction(); > > I am told that it is a call to an undefined function, but > 'includedfunction' is on the server. The include statement is include()'ing the _output_ of http://www.foo.com/includes.php, not the contents of the file. To demonstrate thist point, load http://www.foo.com/includes.php in your browser and look for your function definitions. Then load http://www.foo.com/includes.txt. You'll see the difference. hth -- Bulworth : funha@fung.arg | My email address is ROT13 encoded, decode to mail --------------------------|-------------------------------------------------- <http://www.phplabs.com/> | PHP scripts and thousands of webmas...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Can't log in (can't type) on console on Solaris 10 on Ultra 10
Hello, I've installed Solaris 10 on an Ultra 10. Unfortunately I cannot log in on console and I'm looking for some advice. I can log in over the net. I installed the machine using console so I know that works fine. After booting up, I can not type anything on console, though console messages, e.g. su, are printed on the screen. The only error message is "Console login service(s) cannot run". I've googled a lot on this and found only one really relevent item here: http://blog.sun.com/roller/page/lianep/Weblog/20050204. svcs states the service is not running (as if I didn't know): # svcs -x svc:/system/console-login:default (Console login) State: offline since Thu Feb 24 15:05:08 2005 Reason: Unknown. See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-AR See: ttymon(1M) Impact: This service is not running. http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-AR has a meaningless explanation and no fix. I've tried restarting the service without any good effect: # svcadm -v enable svc:/system/console-login svc:/system/console-login:default enabled. I've enabled "milestone all". A reboot doesn't fix it. I can't see any dependencies that are not running: # svcs -d svc:/system/console-login STATE STIME FMRI online 14:56:20 svc:/system/identity:node online 14:56:21 svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default online 14:56:27 svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default online 14:56:28 svc:/system/utmp:default Does anyon...

Can't see all of the queries when merging to MS Word and can't get to reports
I'm working with a database developed by an untrained person over several years - and on a network that has recently been upgraded with a new server installed and MS office upgraded from 2K (I think - it might have been XP) to 2003. The database is impressive, both in what it does and the obtuse and inconsistent ways it works. There are several hundred queries, for example, with no indication of where they are used or if they are in fact necessary at all... The database is for the local Hospice service, and their entire operation is based on it - from patient records to donations. The database was developed in Access 2K and has not been converted, so it's being opened as an Access 2000 database in Access 2003. I tried converting to 2003, and didn't see any change in the bothersome behavior. There are several letters in MS Word that use the database as the source data for mail merges. Until the conversion, everything worked fine, but with the conversion, it became necessary to specify new locations for the source data for the merges. In MS Word 2003, when I try to open a new datasource, I can specify the MS Access database, but the format of the dialog box is significantly different than I am used to. I am presented with a list of "Views" and tables, with the Views apparently corresponding to the queries in the database. The difficulty is that, unlike in Access 2K, I don't seem to be seeing any query that contain parameters - at least I thin...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== labogart@juno.com (labogart) wrote in message news:<b8b70ec1.0408220100.5875b5c4@posting.google.com>... > The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with > the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from > the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer > won't recognize or run off of these. ...

squid can't start, can't bind to port
I have a CentOS 5.2 server that for several weeks has been running squid on port 9765 with no problem (only accepting requests from certain external IPs). Some time yesterday it stopped working, and attempts to start squid now say only: [root@hostname28043 squid]# service squid start Starting squid: .................... [FAILED] The last lines of the cache.log file (whose dates correspond to the last time I attempted to start squid) say: 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE6 for i686- redhat-li nux-gnu... 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Process ID 3306 20...

Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file
Hello, Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my pointer about. Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. Thanks!! Anthony Anthony wrote: > Hello, > > Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it > hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home > Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: > > "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." > > After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black > screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my > pointer about. > > Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be > apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. > > Thanks!! > Anthony First, search your hard drive for copies of the file. Leave the search results open, if any are found. Next, use the Start->Run menu to execute regedit and search for the same filename; note any path information connected with...

Branch can't get to internet, can't ping anything but ethernet at main site.
Ok, What am i missing? I've got a new MPLS connection up and running. I can ping the branch site from my main site just fine. I can not ping ANYTHING past the main site ethernet port via the branch router. Can someone please help me out!!! Heres so configs Main: interface FastEthernet0/0 description $ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-FE 0/0$$ETH-LAN$ ip address 192.168.1.251 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/0/0 ip address 63.239.127.226 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 189 in service-module t1 timeslots 1-12 ! router rip version 2 passive-interface FastEthernet0/0 passive-interface Serial0/0/0 network 63.0.0.0 network 192.168.1.0 neighbor 192.168.2.0 no auto-summary ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.250 ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 63.239.127.225 ! Branch router: ! interface Serial0 ip address 72.165.109.6 255.255.255.252 ip helper-address 192.168.1.205 no ip directed-broadcast fair-queue 64 256 0 service-module t1 timeslots 1-6 no cdp enable ! interface FastEthernet0 description connected to LAN ip address 192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0 no ip directed-broadcast full-duplex no cdp enable ! router rip version 2 network 192.168.2.0 neighbor 192.168.1.0 ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0 no ip http server ! no cdp run td ha escrito: > Ok, > What am i missing? > I've got a new MPLS connection up and running. > I can ping the branch site from my main site just fine. > I can no...

can't get the $_GET['id'] after the header is sent but page doesn't redirect
In the first if, the page is displayed without any company cars selected. If there is a company selected, then the id value is posted and captured by the redirect (1st elseif). Then one of two things can happen. The final else the selected company/id cars get displayed in the browser, or in the case of a post to a form for excel, the a header gets sent to the to the current_sightingsXL.php page. The current_sightingsXL.php and current_sightings.php pages test out. The second elseif works with one minor problem. I have to type in the url with the id to get it to download to excel. if{XXXX }elseif($_POST['redirect']&&$_POST['redirect']!=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']){ Header("Location: ".$_POST['redirect'].".php?id=".$_POST['id']); exit; }elseif($_POST['assign']=='Open in Excel'){ Header("Location: current_sightingsXL.php?id=".$_GET:['id']); exit; }else{ xxxxx}; When the first elseif gets hit then this happens in the url: http://www.allcapitalrail.com/current_sightings.php?id=117 Then if I post the button to excel, this should happen but it doesn't: www.allcapitalrailXL.com?id=117 However, if I type the above line in the url then the excel download works. What happens is when I click the excel post button the get id doens't get into the url. I get www.allcapitalrail.com which starts over. But at this point if I type in the www.allcapitalrail.com/...

I just can't mount a CD! I'm going nuts!
I've tried several ways to get the CD on my PowerMac G3 (beige) to mount on Yellow Dog Linux. It works fine during an OS2 boot up, so I know there's not a problem. I've tried simple mount commands such as mount /dev/cdrom /cdfrank where /cdfrank is the mount point. But to no avail. I've added flags -r and -t and used iso9660. No luck. I'm told that Apple CD Roms are HFA but YDL doesn't seem to support it. Is this true? fc Frank Conte wrote: > I've tried several ways to get the CD on my PowerMac G3 (beige) to mount > on Yellow Dog Linux. > It works fine during an OS2 boot up, so I know there's not a problem. > > I've tried simple mount commands such as > > mount /dev/cdrom /cdfrank where /cdfrank is the mount point. But to no > avail. > > I've added flags -r and -t and used iso9660. No luck. > > I'm told that Apple CD Roms are HFA but YDL doesn't seem to support it. > Is this true? What error messages are you getting back when you try to mount the CD? As for the HFS (not HFA) filesystem, I doubt that's the problem; Linux CDs are generally formatted as ISO 9660 with Rock Ridge (for Unix/Linux) and MacOS extensions. If you were trying to mount, say, a MacOS CD, you'd have problems because the Linux HFS driver can't handle partition maps on CD-ROMs (it crashes Linux on my 7600, at least) -- you'll need to use the "hfstools" package to read the fil...

mount point has gone, device is mounted, can't umount device
Hi All, How stuffed am I? su-2.04# df -m Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/da0s1a 38 31 3 89% / /dev/da0s1f 7991 2980 4370 41% /usr /dev/da0s1e 193 151 26 85% /var /dev/da1s1g 9093 5483 2882 66% /usr/local /dev/da1s1e 2015 0 1854 0% /tmp /dev/da1s1f 4032 265 3444 7% /usr/www /dev/da2s1e 32509 17319 12589 58% /usr/MS procfs 0 0 0 100% /proc /dev/da4s1e 1007 39 887 4% /mnt/rt su-2.04# cd /mnt/rt su: cd: /mnt/rt: Invalid argument Get same if I do mkdir /mnt/rt So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e? I cannot just reboot as I am not sure that da0 is still my boot drive, boot0cfg -v da0 boot0cfg: /dev/da0: unknown or incompatible boot code -- Mark Worsdall https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ On 2005-07-30, Mark Worsdall <freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk> wrote: > Hi All, > > How stuffed am I? > > su-2.04# df -m > Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on > /dev/da0s1a 38 31 3 89% / > /dev/da0s1f 7991 2980 4370 41% /usr > /dev/da0s1e 193 151 26 85% /var > /dev/da1s1g 9093 5483 2882 66% /usr/local > /dev/da1s1e 2015 0 1854 0% /tmp > /dev/da1s1f 4032 265 3444 7% /usr/www > /dev/da2s1e 32509 17319 12...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message news:sDY7d.28771$kq6.18831495@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been > unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No > other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went > to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a > message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. > > I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. > Still wouldn't clean. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed > soon. > Removed and reinstalled cartridges. Problem solved. Not sure why. ...

Web resources about - Can't Mount - comp.unix.aix