Difference between "Connection accepts" and "Connection requests"

Hello,

In output from netstat (e.g. "netstat -p tcp -a | grep -i conn"), I see
lines like:

        2755505 connection requests
        340186 connection accepts
        3086161 connections established (including accepts)
        3428998 connections closed (including 2379842 drops)
        0 connections with ECN capability
        785 embryonic connections dropped
        119647 Connections dropped due to bad ACKs

What's the difference between the connection-lines? Specifically: What's
the difference between "connection requests" and "connection accepts"? Is
it normal that the former is >> than the latter?

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cyberspammer.com REJECT Connect:TLD REJECT Connect:192.168.212 REJECT would refuse mail from spammer@aol.com, any user from cyberspammer.com (or any host within the cyberspammer.com domain), any host in the entire top level domain TLD, 192.168.212.* network, >.. Hmm, for ClientConn and ClientRate it doesn't seem to be documented. The sendmail X documentation has this explanation: .... icr:10 5 Note, however, that the limits apply only to single IP addresses, they are not aggregated for nets. That is, for the example every single host in the IP net 10.x.y.z can have a maximum incoming connection rate of 5 messages per minute. -- Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster is too lazy to trim his arti...

about "++" and "--"

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

network: "Connection Failed", no "Connect As..."
hello, i have two macs and a windows 2000 server. both macs can see the win box in the Finder's SHARED section. one mac can connect to it, using the saved Administrator credentials. the other mac (new one), cannot -- it just says "Connection Failed" each time i click it. i click "Connect As...", but it never shows me the login prompt. i have rebooted. any ideas whats up? thanks, sm ...

why "::", not "."

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

"connect'" returns before server "accept"s
It seems even in a blocking socket world, "connect" can return immediately if the server has been set to "listen" but has not called "accept" yet. This is mentioned on the HPUX11 connect manpage, and I've seen the behaviour on Sun even though the manpage doesnt mention it. Is there a way to get "connect" to really block until accept() is called? If this is not possible, perhaps there is a more specific solution for my actual problem: (1) A connection was established between client (connect) and server (bind + listen + accept). After communication, a...

Gary Sokolich """"""

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

what is the difference between "tsu", "su" and "sudo"?
Hi all I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting root access. The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and "sudo"? I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there seems to be very little documentation. What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) Thanks in advance, JJ <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: >Hi all >I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting >root access. >The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and >"sudo"? Never heard of tsu. Not on my system. >I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there >seems to be very little documentation. So for something like securly logging in why in the world would you use something for which you can find no docs? You look up the barrel of guns to see if they are loaded while you pull the trigger as well? >What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? For something like su, I would say there is no benefit. >And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a >website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) ???? W...

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. > > Raj There is a difference I believe that xxxx->yyyy is used if xxxx is a pointer to an object/class and xxxx.yyyyy if xxxx is the object/classs > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. IMHO it's simply convenience. Bye, Marco raj wrote: > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both > operators. The second form involves more typing and requires more effort to read. -- Russell Hanneken eunaarxra@cbobk.pbz Use ROT13 to decode my email address. In message <WOhCc.15115$Wr.8451@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Russell Hanneken <me@privacy.net> writes >raj wrote: >> >> You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely on this, rely only on the mode, i.e. the parameter st is undefined upon entering the procedure modify, so when you only write component 2, upon return, only component 2 has been written. Under slight variations, the result of your code might be <garbage character>U<garbage character>. Another thing: Don't rely upon s1'First = 1. Component 2 might not exist. You could call modify like so: X: String (25..30); modify (X); Now s1(2) inevitably will raise Constraint_Error. ____________________________________________________ Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist WEB.DE Video-Mail: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021200 "Christoph Karl Walter Grein" <AdaMagica@web.de> wrote: > > In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely on this, rely only on the mode, i.e. the parameter st is undefined...

what does the "+" and the "-" mean?
I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of course, a friend has just asked me and I now forget. I've searched all over the place with no results. Anyone know? TIA! .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- roscoe james wrote: > > I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of > course, a friend h...

Connecting "signed" to "std_logic_vector" ports.
Hi, As I understand it, good practice dictates that in a synthesis-targeted setting, components should use ports of type std_logic or std_logic_vector only. Certainly Xilinx's IP generation tools provide components with this philosophy. My design is well-suited to the use of signed types from IEEE.Numeric_Std. From my investigations I believe that the correct way to connect signed signals to std_logic_vector ports is by converting the types in the component instantiation port map. E.g., where x and y are compatibly- sized signed signals: U1: somedevice port ma...

"stateful tracking" and "connection tracking"
Hi community, It's not clear to me the difference between "stateful tracking" and "connection tracking", the first one is said to be proper of OpenBSD PF/IPF, the second one of Gnu/Linux IPTables. Many people say IPTables offers better performance and PF/IPF offers an easier syntax, but what about proper "stateful inspection"? I do know that a personal experience is the best answer, but I'd like to know yours. Thanks a lot in advance Dario wrote: > Hi community, > It's not clear to me the difference between "stateful tracking&...

"plot", "imshow" and "quiver"
Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, the YDir parameter under Axis Properties is set to "reverse" by default. To me this seems counter intuitive. Why wouldn't YDir be "normal" by default? When set at "normal" it turns out that my image is actually flipped upside down. On the contrary, when use "quiver" command to plot a vector field, the YDir is set at "normal" by default. Even though this makes more sense to me, because "reversed" YDir is the correct way to display an image (as in "imshow"), the result of "quiver" is that the vector fields this time depict the objects as if they are upside down... So every time I use "quiver" I always add the following line to revert the objects back to its normal orientation... set(gca, 'YDir', 'reverse')... In addition, "plot" uses "normal" setting for YDir. The only issue I have is that I use these commands fairly frequently in my job and sometimes they can get a little bit confusing in terms of display. So I wonder why MATLAB hasn't standardized them so that the objects always get displayed the same way. It's just a comment I have. Thank you. "Clare " <flyingclare@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hefvdk$3md$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, > the ...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding"&qu...

I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

Web resources about - Difference between "Connection accepts" and "Connection requests" - comp.unix.aix