error "There is not enough memory available now."

Dear AIX Colleagues,

I've seen a number of posts to this error message, but none of the
approaches with ulimit seemed to help. I tried to set ulimit -s
unlimited, yet when I type the following command and still get the
error:

>for i in $(find . -type f) ; do ls -l $i ; echo $j ; done

ksh: 0403-029 There is not enough memory available now.

>ulimit -a
       ....(all unlimited)...

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what I can try?  Solaris, HPUX
this works fine.  (I know about the -exec flag, but I'd like to have
multiple statments in the do|done block.  The above is just a short
reproducible testcase...)

Thanks much for any assistance.  Sincerely,
George
0
gcross (1)
10/12/2004 11:15:00 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

"George" <gcross@anduin.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear AIX Colleagues,
>
> I've seen a number of posts to this error message, but none of the
> approaches with ulimit seemed to help. I tried to set ulimit -s
> unlimited, yet when I type the following command and still get the
> error:
>
> >for i in $(find . -type f) ; do ls -l $i ; echo $j ; done
>
> ksh: 0403-029 There is not enough memory available now.
>
> >ulimit -a
>        ....(all unlimited)...
>

> Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what I can try?  Solaris, HPUX
> this works fine.  (I know about the -exec flag, but I'd like to have
> multiple statments in the do|done block.  The above is just a short
> reproducible testcase...)
>
> Thanks much for any assistance.  Sincerely,
> George

Hallo George,

That problem has nothing to do with the operating system but with the shell.
E.g. you might use that command line with ksh93. (AIX defaults to ksh88 but
comes with ksh93 since 5L)
If you change the for loop to a while loop it will work with ksh88, too. (#
find ... | while read ... ; do ; done)

HTH,
Andreas

0
b79xan (403)

when i use "vxload bootrom" in the dos shell,i get the error message "not enough memory to load".
when i use "vxload bootrom" in the dos shell,i get the error message "not enough memory to load".why???????? in my config.sys I already set the "DOS=HIGH,UMB"and "FILE=30". my tornado's version is 2.2,and vxworks is 5.5 ...

How to solve "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error" in MATLAB?? I am using, MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b(64-bit
When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome these problems and run my model properly... On 3/13/2013 2:14 AM, chittaranjan pradhan wrote: > When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates >that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome >these problems and run my model properly... > I think when you get "Memory out Error" then it most likely means you need to acquire more memory for your computer. One way to remedy this is to buy more memory and install it in your computer. This assumes you have already examined your model and made sure you have implemented it in the most efficient manner. --Nasser Thank you, Mr. Nasser I am using 64-bit, MATLAB 2009a version and the memory of the RAM is 16-GB. When I am running my model, it is going to stop after some time and message comes that "Memory allocation Error". Please, help me How to solve this problem and model will work properly. I have deleted most of the scopes. Chittranjan ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

top 10 easy fixit: dont forget "out of memory" and "error segmentation memory"
Dear support matlab, This case is certainly the case to solve with priority, i think. (report to support@mathworks.fr 2 or 3 years ago) Alain ...

"out of memory" error message and "segment violation" or "segmentation fault (on linux)": the partially solution
Dear all, try these solution (origin support matlab): type the command line at the top of your .m file: feature accel off You can type the same at prompt matlab. If you are lucky, the message diseppaers. Type feature accel on for toggle (on is the default mode). Alain, who as very big experience with "out of memory and segmentation fault" ...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"out" and "in out"

"my" and "our"

why "::", not "."

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"or" and "and"

about "++" and "--"

"Resource No Longer Available" or "Path Too Deep" errors
Hello all. I don't see this problem addressed in the many XP/98 conflicts. My XP machine CAN see the 98SE machines, and they can see the XP machine. Everybody can see files and directories for everybody else, and everybody can access the internet directly through the router at 100 mbps, (NOT using ICS). Here's where MY problem differs. Say I want to copy all of the MIDI files from a directory on the XP computer to a 98SE computer. When I do so, either to a mapped drive or to just one listed in the Network Neighborhood, whether telling XP to copy it to 98SE or telling 98SE...

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

"Fatal internal error:"memory.cpp",line 593"
I need some help. Can some please explain what i am doing wrong here. i have created a Dll from a LV 7.0 vi. The header file looks something like this: typedef struct { long dimSize; double elt[1]; } TD2; typedef TD2 **TD2Hdl; typedef struct { double f0; double df; TD2Hdl magnitude; } TD1; void __cdecl Spectrum(double freq, double amp, TD1 *Spec); And i have the following code where i allocate memory and attempt to call 'Spectrum':- TD1 *Power; double frequency=10, amplitude=1; Power = (TD1 *) malloc(sizeof(TD1)); (*Power).magnitude = (TD2**)malloc(sizeof(TD2)); ...

Not finding "available ports" with "instrfind" or "instrfindall"
I have a USB device (fingertip pulse-oximeter) that pretends to be a serial (COMx) port. It works fine and produces really neat data, but only after I manually find the port it's assigned to. I can't get "instrfind" or "instrfindall" (neither with arguments since I want it/them to find everything) to discover what COM ports are avaliable prior to opening and assigning one to my pulse-ox. When I attempt to open COM1 and assign it, I get: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ??? Error using ==> serial.fopen at 7...

How do I make "Defined" disks "Available" disks in AIX 5.3 ?
I've been swapping disk around in my RS/6000 and now have: # lsdev -c disk hdisk0 Available 30-58-00-3,0 16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive hdisk1 Available 30-58-00-8,0 16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive hdisk2 Available 30-58-00-9,0 Other SCSI Disk Drive hdisk3 Available 30-58-00-10,0 16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive hdisk4 Defined 30-58-00-13,0 Other SCSI Disk Drive hdisk5 Defined 30-58-00-13,0 16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive How do I turn those "Defined" disks into "Available" disks, so that I can do something with? I've found it a bit of a pain trying to install disks via smit, in particular s...

"not enough memory error" for large size variable
Hi, I got a "not enough memory error" (on Windows) when I tried to make a large array variable, something like this: x(50000,50000) = 0; Trying to increase virtual memory on the hard drive does not seem to help. This was done by going to "System Properties, Advanced tab" and then "Performance, Advanced tab" and then "Virtual Memory" and changing the 1524-3048 MB to a larger size. There is a lot of hard disk memory on my machine. Do you know if I'm doing something wrong? Or is it not possible to get a variable of about that size? Thanks. You ...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

Why is the difference between "Error Out.ctl" and "Error Out 3D.ctl"?
&nbsp; What is 'Error Out 3D.ctl' in LabVIEW 7.0? [It's found in 'Controls > Array & Cluster'.] Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'? Or are the differences simply cosmetic? Neither of these controls seems to have an entry in LabVIEW Help. &nbsp; Oops - 'Why is' == 'What is' > Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in > 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'...

error: ";" expected, "=" found.
Hey there, I been running some programs and saving some of my data, just by selecting the variables in the workspace and saving... However sometimes when i do this and try to reopen them, im given the error message: error: ";" expected, "=" found. and im unable to retrieve the data, any help please???? Ben Parslew wrote: > > Hey there, > > I been running some programs and saving some of my data, just by > selecting the variables in the workspace and saving... However > sometimes when i do this and try to reopen them, im given the error > message: ...

Web resources about - error "There is not enough memory available now." - comp.unix.aix