Get the installation date.

Hi AIX Gurus,

what's the best way to get the date of OS installation?

Thx!

comp.unix.aix 10962 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

Marcin wrote:
> Hi AIX Gurus,
>
> what's the best way to get the date of OS installation?

The best way i do not know:

Some ways:
Get the date from the creation time of the bosinstlog file
$ ls -l /var/adm/ras/bosinstlog

Get the earliest installed software on the system
$  lslpp -ch | cut -f7 -d: | grep "/" | awk '{ print $3 $1 $2 }' FS="/"
| sort -nu | head -1

where the second one is harder to fake

hth
Hajo

0
service490 (1039)
11/13/2006 11:02:57 AM
hi experts
i checked,  i'm not beleving it  would be correct.

tell in another way......

vinayag

Hajo Ehlers wrote:
> Marcin wrote:
> > Hi AIX Gurus,
> >
> > what's the best way to get the date of OS installation?
>
> The best way i do not know:
>
> Some ways:
> Get the date from the creation time of the bosinstlog file
> $ ls -l /var/adm/ras/bosinstlog
>
> Get the earliest installed software on the system
> $  lslpp -ch | cut -f7 -d: | grep "/" | awk '{ print $3 $1 $2 }' FS="/"
> | sort -nu | head -1
>
> where the second one is harder to fake
>
> hth
> Hajo

0
ravinayag (24)
11/13/2006 2:19:11 PM
It works by me.
I made a small modification -- I list only "bos.rte.*" family ( lslpp
-ch "bos.rte.*" .... ).

Thanks Hajo.

--
Greets,
Mrc

Just keep in mind it's using the System Clock / Timezone during
install.

Not a big deal if it's off by +/- 12 hours, but when we had a drive and
planar board replaced the CE didn't set the time before installing.
The year was at 1970 which wasn't very funny at the time.

0
mugi (53)

Date, date date date....
Date is driving me crazy. I simply need to calculate the age of a person: this is what doesn't work: public int getAge(Person person) { long d = new java.util.Date().getTime(); long m =person.dateOfBirth().getTime(); long l=d-m; SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat("yy"); return (new Integer(formatter.format(age))).intValue(); } I'm getting 91 for a person who's born in 1983 Since getYear() is depreciated I don't like to use that I found that Calender could do the job, but how do I cast Date into Calender in an easy way? hin...

get unix time for a given date
Hey guys, I'm wracking my brain trying to get this working but cant seem to fathom it out. I have a date like: 03/14/06 and want to get the unixtime from it. I have tried to use time local like so: my ($mon, $day, $year) = ($date =~ m!(\d\d)/(\d\d)/(\d\d)!); my $unixtime = timelocal(0, 0,0, $day, ($mon - 1), ($year - 1900)); And i get the following output: Setting 03/14/06 to be unixtime Day too small - -717264 > -24856 Sec too small - -717264 < 74752 Cannot handle date (0, 0, 0, 14, 2, 6) at ./look_for_mod.pl line 156 What am i doing wrong? I cant work it out.... Cheers fo...

apt-get install as root or su -c 'apt-get install' as user
apt-get install needs to be executed as root. What is the difference regarding security of my computer of the both possibilities? Tilo On 2008-01-12, Tilo Baumann <2007@eene.mine.nu> wrote: > > > > apt-get install needs to be executed as root. > > What is the difference regarding security of my computer of the both > possibilities? > When you use su -c or sudo, root privileges are dropped as soon as the command is complete. /var/log/auth.log shows what command was executed, instead of just showing when someone logged in as root. O...

Where does DB2 get it's CLASSPATH in a UNIX install?
Thanks. You get it when you execute the db2profile (in $INSTHOME/sqllib). /T gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com wrote: > Thanks. ...

Installing 10gR2 in UNIX AIX While 8i Databases are Running
I have four 8i databases running on UNIX AIX 5.2. I want to install Oracle Server 10.2.0.1 while the databases continue to run as 8i. I do not want to shut them down during the install. About a week after the install I will upgrade the databases from 8i to 10g. The Oracle Database Installation Guide says on page 2-35 (items 7 and 8) to edit the oracle user's shell startup file (.profile in the Korn shell). I am to add "umask 022" and to comment out the settings for variables ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME, and ORACLE_BASE. Doing this means the changes in .profile will apply to all new ...

How to unzip and install the files in AIX 5.3 Unix Server
Hi Unix Group Mates, I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and unzip utilities for our AIX 5.3 Unix Server. I have download the installer to my local notebook. However I don't know how to install this to the server. I'm really looking forward for my friends reply here. Many thanks in advance. I really appreciate all of your help. Best Regards, Afeena, Malaysia On 8 fev, 09:49, "afeena83" <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Unix Group Mates, > I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and > unzip utilities ...

RS6000 43p/140 AIX 4.3 new install
Good morning - I've recently come into ownership of a well used RS6k 43p model 140 terminal server (and all the serial gear came with it! Very cool!). I've got the manuals for the RS6k, and for the full version of AIX 4.3 that came with it (install guides, network maintenance guides, etc). I popped a used 4.3gb barracuda drive in, and ran the AIX install off the CD by a serial console (I've managed to use both the greenscreen serial terminal that came with it, and my laptop w/ Hypertrm as a console). The first CD finished up the installation, then rebooted. Now when it boots, I...

Getting most recent date and closes date
I'm trying to create a data set that has the most current(or recent) date and the date closes to the that date for each ID. sample data: ID DATE 2758 21MAR2007 2758 10JAN2007 2758 13APR2007 2759 09FEB2007 2760 31JAN2007 2760 26FEB2007 2763 15JAN2007 2763 16APR2007 2763 29MAR2007 2763 01FEB2007 Ultimately what I'm need is the number of days between the two dates. The dataset would look like the following. ID COUNT most_recent_date closes_date diff_days 2758 3 13APR2007 21MAR2007 23 2759 1 09FEB2007 09FEB2007 0 2760 2 26FEB...

Difference between HP Unix and Unix AIX
What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? Is there any ? dlprogress wrote: > What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? > Is there any ? > > Unless you're getting into system dependent stuff, no, there's no real difference. However, one real difference is that AIX is an IBM and not an HP product. -- Fletcher Glenn ...

Get BEST date? Get Closest Row?
Please excuse my last post. That was insane and i don't expect anybody to think about that crazy excuse of a problem. But if someone does have anything to offer for it that would be hugely appreciated it. That said, and to boil down what I need. I have two tables Activity (many rows per ssn but no overlaping of dates)) ssn status effective date Participation (many rows per snn but no overlaping of dates): ssn plan effective termination I need to write a function that returns the Earliest (BEST) termination date given some values in. ssn, effective date, peri...

Re: Getting most recent date and closes date
I don't know how this will scale to your 20M records. If then number of IDs is "reasonable" it could be tolerable. Do you have an idea about the number of IDs? data work.test; input id date:date9. @@; format date date9.; cards; 2758 21MAR2007 2758 10JAN2007 2758 13APR2007 2759 09FEB2007 2760 31JAN2007 2760 26FEB2007 2763 15JAN2007 2763 16APR2007 2763 29MAR2007 2763 01FEB2007 ;;;; run; proc summary data=work.test nway; class id; output out=work.close ( drop=_type_ rename=(_freq_=Count date_1=MostRecient date_2=Closest) ...

how to get tomorrow date using Date::CALC
want to take a date and return tomorrow's date.. How to convert $tomorrow back to YY-MM-DD format? What is the inverse of Date_to_Days ? ... perl2.pl --------------------------- use strict; use warnings; use Date::Calc qw(:all); my ($yr2, $mon2, $day2, $tomorrow); my ($year, $month, $day); $yr2 = 2005; $mon2 = 3; $day2 = 20; print (" date- year: $yr2 month: $mon2 day:$day2 \n"); $tomorrow = Date_to_Days($yr2,$mon2,$day2) + 1; print ("tomorrow: $tomorrow \n"); ($year,$month,$day) = Today([$tomorrow]); print ("tommorow- year: $year mon...

adjust date (date -a) in AIX 5.2
Hello all, can I check wether date adjusting is in progress or no? Is it known how long time does is take (eg 1 delta sec/ 1 real min)? Entering more than one "date -e" will combined or the second replaces the first or what? (The manual is does not explain these questions) ...

Have used apt-get install to install Wine again
but now when i try to run my program i get... frazelle09@LaGrandota:~/.wine/drive_c/Ocean$ wine ./ocean.exe Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems plus the Register dump and the Backtrace. i haven't changed anything on the computer, just did apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade and it asked if i wanted to install Wine. "Yes". Bam. Now the program i use doesn't work anymore and if i run it from the Terminal i get the above... What's "GLX...

Web resources about - Get the installation date. - comp.unix.aix

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

Apple screen protector installation program officially rolling out to US Apple Stores and beyond from ...
... reading more about AAPL Company , iOS Devices , and Tech Industry at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple screen protector installation ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...