how do I get a FC network address

How do I get the 'network address'/'worldwidename' for a fibre channel
adapter card. The server has no operating system installed on it yet so I
cannot use 'lscfg'. I tried to get it from the SMS menu but could not find
it.
Thankyou for any help.

David

0
d.martin (4)
7/29/2004 2:33:09 AM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

In article <410861e6$0$9142$c30e37c6@lon-reader.news.telstra.net>, David Martin <d.martin@bom.gov.au> wrote:
> How do I get the 'network address'/'worldwidename' for a fibre channel
> adapter card. The server has no operating system installed on it yet so I
> cannot use 'lscfg'. I tried to get it from the SMS menu but could not find
> it.

The rebadged Emulex LP7000 FC cards we bought from IBM (feature code
6227) had the WWPN listed on a sticker on the card, and resembled a MAC
address of sorts.

Don't know if other cards would have that sticker or not.

Cheers,

-Dan
0
usenet38 (424)
7/29/2004 4:01:24 AM
"Dan Foster" <usenet@evilphb.org> wrote in message
> In article <410861e6$0$9142$c30e37c6@lon-reader.news.telstra.net>, David
Martin <d.martin@bom.gov.au> wrote:
> > How do I get the 'network address'/'worldwidename' for a fibre channel
> > adapter card. The server has no operating system installed on it yet so
> > cannot use 'lscfg'. I tried to get it from the SMS menu but could not
find
> > it.
>
> The rebadged Emulex LP7000 FC cards we bought from IBM (feature code
> 6227) had the WWPN listed on a sticker on the card, and resembled a MAC
> address of sorts.
>
> Don't know if other cards would have that sticker or not.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Dan

Guys,

you can get it from the Name server if it is connected to the switch.

0
pareshc (25)

AIX 5.3: kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials
Hi list, kinit (krb5 1.4.2) on an AIX 5.3 gives me # /usr/local/bin/kinit -k -t foobar.keytab foobar/foo.example.net@EXAMPLE.NET kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials From a working Linux krb5 1.4.2 installation I copied /etc/krb5.conf and foobar.keytab to AIX 5.3. The following steps don't defer to the steps I did under Linux. # ./configure --without-krb4 --enable-shared # make && make install Using gcc 3.3.2. I found a patch for krb5 1.4.1 for AIX 5.2 from Ken Raeburn, but as far as I see it is fixed in 1.4.2. My krb5.conf looks like this: [libdefaults] default_realm = EXAMPLE.NET clockskew = 300 [realms] EXAMPLE.NET = { kdc = foo.example.net:88 admin_server = foo.example.net:749 default_domain = example.net kpasswd_server = foo.example.net } [domain_realm] .example.net = EXAMPLE.NET example.net = EXAMPLE.NET [logging] default = SYSLOG:NOTICE:DAEMON kdc = FILE:/var/log/kdc.log kadmind = FILE:/var/log/kadmind.log [appdefaults] pam = { ticket_lifetime = 1d renew_lifetime = 1d forwardable = true proxiable = false retain_after_close = false minimum_uid = 0 debug = false } Trying to analyze with tcpdump I s...

Re: AIX 5.3: kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials
Christopher, I had the exact same problem. I was given 2 patches for KRB 1.4.1 and it fixed the problem. I applied the patches to my 1.4.2 source and the problem is resolved there too. Here are the patches: DNSGLUE.C Patch: *** ./src/lib/krb5/os/dnsglue.c.orig Fri Jan 14 17:10:53 2005 --- ./src/lib/krb5/os/dnsglue.c Thu May 5 11:39:52 2005 *************** *** 62,68 **** --- 62,76 ---- char *host, int nclass, int ntype) { #if HAVE_RES_NSEARCH + #ifndef LANL struct __res_state statbuf; + #else /* LANL */ + #ifndef _AIX + struct __res_state statbuf; + #else /* _AIX */ + struct { struct __res_state s; char pad[1024]; } statbuf; + #endif /* AIX */ + #endif /* LANL */ #endif struct krb5int_dns_state *ds; int len, ret; LOCATE_KDC.C Patch: >*** ./src/lib/krb5/os/locate_kdc.c.orig Thu May 5 08:06:45 2005 >--- ./src/lib/krb5/os/locate_kdc.c Thu May 5 11:34:27 2005 >*************** >*** 267,275 **** >--- 267,283 ---- > memset(&hint, 0, sizeof(hint)); > hint.ai_family = family; > hint.ai_socktype = socktype; >+ #ifndef LANL > #ifdef AI_NUMERICSERV > hint.ai_flags = AI_NUMERICSERV; > #endif >+ #else /* LANL */ >+ #ifndef _AIX >+ #ifdef AI_NUMERICSERV >+ hint.ai_flags = AI_NUMERICSERV; >+ #endif >+ #endif /* _AIX */ >+ #endif /* LANL */ > sprintf(portbuf, "%d", ntohs(port)); > sprintf(s...

How to get the multicast address in a network
Hi all, I have one question. How to get the multicast group addresses in which our system is also a member. I have used "host -l mcast.net " for printing the multicast addresses, but it was coming like ;; communications error to 172.16.200.3#53: end of file 172.16.200.3 is our Domain name server. Can anyone help me to get the multicast group addresses. Thanks in advance. Regards, latha. latha wrote: > Hi all, > > I have one question. > How to get the multicast group addresses in which our system is also a > member. On a Linux host (end station) you can use: $ /sbin/ip maddress list 1: lo inet 224.0.0.1 2: eth0 link 01:00:5e:00:00:01 inet 224.0.0.1 I have not joined any groups. See here for ip command ref: http://snafu.freedom.org/linux2.2/docs/ip-cref/ip-cref.html#SECTION000100000000000000000 > I have used "host -l mcast.net " for printing the multicast addresses, > but > it was coming like > > ;; communications error to 172.16.200.3#53: end of file > > 172.16.200.3 is our Domain name server. > > Can anyone help me to get the multicast group addresses. It is not clear what info you are wanting about multicast. Do you wish a list of _which_ hosts are joining which multicast groups? Just a list of which multicast groups have any members? Multicast group membership is dynamic and has no connection with DNS. Routers running multicast routing protocols only take ...

Error Getting Network Address
From time to time and more often lately, while Eudora (v6.1.2 & previously V5.1) checks for new messages I get an error message that says "Error getting network address for POP6.sympatico.ca". This never happened during the first two years with Sympatico, but over the past 3-4 months it's been a real nuisance. The usual calls to tech support result in nothing on their end and they say it's my computer. I haven't changed anything??? Can someone tell me if this problem is on my end, or the ISP? And what can be done to remedy it? Many thanks. I get these from time to time with my ISP (and with others if I'm using the computer elsewhere) and I've never figured out a logically rhyme or reason for it. It's a pain, but doesn't hurt anything. MD GAATS wrote: > From time to time and more often lately, while Eudora (v6.1.2 & > previously V5.1) checks for new messages I get an error message that > says "Error getting network address for POP6.sympatico.ca". This > never happened during the first two years with Sympatico, but over > the past 3-4 months it's been a real nuisance. The usual calls to > tech support result in nothing on their end and they say it's my > computer. I haven't changed anything??? > > Can someone tell me if this problem is on my end, or the ISP? And > what can be done to remedy it? > > Many thanks. GAAT...

how to get the MAC address of a network interface ?
Hi all, Thanks Hi > Hi all, I posted this sometime ago here look on older messages regards Luiz On 22 Gen, 17:13, "fatfat" <fat...@fatfat.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Thanks Hi Bellow the source that add an news function that return all the mac address of an machine on an array /* Author luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes */ #include <Windows.h> #include <Iphlpapi.h> #include <Assert.h> #include "hbapi.h" #include "hbapiitm.h" HB_FUNC(GETMACADDRESS) { IP_ADAPTER_INFO AdapterInfo[16]; // Allocate information for up to 16 NICs DWORD dwBufLen = sizeof(AdapterInfo); // Save the memory size of buffer unsigned char ret[ 20 ] ={0}; DWORD dwStatus = GetAdaptersInfo( // Call GetAdapterInfo AdapterInfo, // [out] buffer to receive data &dwBufLen); // [in] size of receive data buffer PIP_ADAPTER_INFO pAdapterInfo = AdapterInfo;// Contains pointer to current adapter info assert(dwStatus == ERROR_SUCCESS); // Verify return value is valid, no buffer overflow sprintf(ret,"%02X-%02X-%02X-%02X-%02X-%02X", pAdapterInfo->Address[0], pAdapterInfo->Address[1], pAdapterInfo->Address[2], pAdapterInfo->Address[3], pAdapterInfo->Address[4], pAdapterInfo->Address[5]); hb_retc(ret); } HB_FUNC(GETALLMACADDRESS) { IP_ADAPTER_INFO AdapterInfo[16]; // Allocate information for up to 16 NICs DWORD dwBufLen = sizeof(Ad...

How to get the hostname from an unix IP address ?
Hi all, I am now preparing a network diagram for my system. My system will send/receive files from many other systems. I know which machines my system has connection with because I have all the IP address. But, I do not know the hostname of all these IP address. If the IP is a WinNT machine, I can use ping -a xxx.yyy.zzz.www to get the hostname. But, if the IP is a unix machine, I have no method to get the hostname. Is there any way to do so ? Alvin SIU On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:18:00 +0800, Alvin SIU wrote: > Hi all, > > I am now preparing a network diagram > for my syste...

getting MAC address of machines in the network
hi any commands/methods of getting the MAC address of other machines in the network. ( Arp does not help much.. ) thanks In article <dfd17ef4.0401131959.3d941af3@posting.google.com>, s99999999s2003@yahoo.com (mike) wrote: > any commands/methods of getting the MAC address of other machines > in the network. ( Arp does not help much.. ) arp is about it unless you already have HP OpenView installed on the network. It tracks systems and can tell you what each one is assuming the network admin set it up and configured each node. Time to audit the network by hand... -- DeeDee, ...

Cannot Get IP Address on Wireless Network
I am trying to get my computer connected to a wireless network. When I view the network list it says that I am connected to the network and the signal is strong. However when I check the status of the connection, I get a message that says, "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer." So, I click on the Repair button and it starts the repair process. The repair process gets a far as "Renewing your IP address". It never renews the a...

Get network printer IP address
Hi everybody, Does anyone know how is it possible to programmatically get all network printer information from a client computer including IP address ? The only way I know is from the port when it looks like IP_X.X.X.X. But this is not always the case. Thanks in advance. Best regards ...

Get list of all IP Addresses on AIX
I have been trying to get all ip addresses from all interfaces, with the code listed below. However, all I get is the 1st IP only. I have configured 2 IPs on a single interface, I want to get both from my c++ code. thanks svirdi #include <unistd.h> #include <stropts.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <net/if.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> //#include <sys/sockio.h> int main(int argn,char** argv) { int sock,n; struct ifreq *ifr; struct ifconf ifc; char buf[1024],addres[16]; unsigned char* adr; sock = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP); // sock = socket(2, 2, 0); printf("sock=%d\n", sock); if (sock == -1) { printf("There is trouble of sock!! Exiting\n\n"); return 0; } ifc.ifc_buf = buf; //ifc.ifc_len = 1024; int retVal = ioctl(sock, SIOCGIFCONF, &ifc); printf("retval ioctl(sock, SIOCGIFCONF, &ifc)=%d\n\n", retVal); if (retVal < 0) { printf("There is trouble with ioctl\n\n"); close (sock); return 0; } n = ifc.ifc_len/sizeof(struct ifreq); for (ifr = ifc.ifc_req; n > 0; n--, ifr++) { int rval = ioctl( sock, SIOCGIFADDR, ifr); printf(" ioctl( sock, SIOCGIFA...

get ip address of crio in network??
Hai, &nbsp; I have few cRIO controllers in the network and need to get the ip address of those systems.&nbsp; I tried using RT ping controller.vi but this vi takes a long time to respond.&nbsp; How does MAX does it quickly??&nbsp; Can any one help with api calls that max uses to detect the controllers both in subnet as well as out of subnet or is there any other way to get around. &nbsp; Thanks for all help, With best regards, JK ...

Network address resolution problem on AIX
I have struggled with this for almost two days now and I just can't seem to get past this hurdle... Hopefully somebody out there will say: "Duh, you're doing XYZ wrong!". I keep getting a "kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials" error when I run kinit. System: AIX5.2 ML6 gcc version 3.3.2 Building Kerberos: root@tax178:/tmp/kerberos/krb5-1.4.2/src # ./configure --without-krb4 --disable-athena --prefix=/usr/local I get some warnings during compilation but it seems to finish. When I run make test it goes through a bunch of it and then finishes with an error (at the bottom of this mail) but I think I read somewhere that there were some extra requirements for the final tests and failing them does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong. I install it and create /etc/krb5.conf: [libdefaults] default_realm = TESTDOMAIN.TAX.STATE.VT.US [realms] TESTDOMAIN.TAX.STATE.VT.US = { kdc = tax106.testdomain.tax.state.vt.us } [domain_realms] .testdomain.tax.state.vt.us = TESTDOMAIN.TAX.STATE.VT.US The KDC is a Windows 2000 AD server. At this point I try to run kinit and get the following error: # kinit clund@TESTDOMAIN.TAX.STATE.VT.US kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials But as far as I can tell everything is alright on the DNS side. Running the resolve program seems to a...

getting physical address from virtual address and accessing that physical address
Hello, I want to know how to reach the physical address in Linux from a virtual address given in hexadecimal 8 digits (like 0x00000010) (should I use virt_to_page?) and how to read the content of a byte in that physical address. regards, John qwejohn@hotmail.com (john) writes: > Hello, > I want to know how to reach the physical address > in Linux from a virtual address given in hexadecimal 8 > digits (like 0x00000010) (should I use virt_to_page?) > and how to read the content > of a byte in that physical address. If you have the virtual address...

Get the permanent mac address of a network card
I want get the permanent mac address of a network card, programmatically, in C language, for example with a ioctl o similar. But the mac address is updateable via software with ifconfig or other commands. In this case I want get the real mac address set in the eprom of a network card by the factory, not the modified mac address. Is this possible ? If it is possible, have you a sample code for get this information in c lang ? Thanks in advance. cragazzon@tiscali.it (cris) wrote: >I want get the permanent mac address of a network card, >programmatically, in C language, for example with a ioctl o similar. > >But the mac address is updateable via software with ifconfig or other >commands. In this case I want get the real mac address set in the >eprom of a network card by the factory, not the modified mac address. > >Is this possible ? >If it is possible, have you a sample code for get this information in >c lang ? > >Thanks in advance. I don't know if you can get at the hardwired MAC address or not. The following program demonstrates how to get the address that the interface is actually using. #define _BSD_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <net/if.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> int main(void) { int sfd; unsigned char *u; struct ifreq ifr; str...

error getting network address for pop server
i have switched from Road Runner to DSL. i 'm having trouble in getting Eudora to work w/ DSL,(it was working w/ Road runner until i switched.) All the settings (incoming and outgoing stmp,login name, etc.) i have double checked, and still get "error getting network address for pop server" Can anyone help? Thank You, Gary Teresi Gary Teresi (KJVBIBLE1611@FRONTIERNET.NET) wrote: : i have switched from Road Runner to DSL. : i 'm having trouble in getting Eudora to work w/ DSL,(it was working : w/ Road runner until i switched.) : All the settings (incoming and outgoing stmp,login name, etc.) i have : double checked, and still get "error getting network address for pop : server" : Can anyone help? : Thank You, : Gary Teresi : http://faq.frontiernet.net/faq_answer.asp?q=88 FrontierNet FAQ - E-mail - Answer What should my POP3 (incoming) mail server be set to? If your e-mail address ends with @frontiernet.net, your POP3 (incoming) mail server should be set to: pop3.frontiernet.net If your email address ends with @citlink.net, your POP3 (incoming) mail server should be set to: pop3.citlink.net If your email address ends with @newnorth.net, your POP3 (incoming) mail server should be set to: pop3.newnorth.net So in Eudora, your POP3 account is specified as kjvbible1611@pop3.frontiernet.net If that doesn't work, open a DOS command window and enter: C:...

Error getting network address for pop.xxxxx.com
I"m embarassed to ask what must be aimple question. I installed Eudora6 and whenever I try to get mail, I get "Error getting network address for pop.erols.com Cause: Host not found (11001)" Yet pop.erols.com is the same value I use for my pop server everywhere else. When I try to send mail, I get the same message for smtp.erols.com . What should I do? I exitted E6 and E3 and then restarted E6, but no better. The ? Help on the options for "Getting Started" is not so clear, but when I change pop.erols.com to meirman@pop.erols.com, it requests the password for meirman@meirman@pop.erols.com, so that couldn't be the problem. I list my Smtp server (outgoing) as smtp.erols.com and my login name as meirman. I can post from E5 and the first 6 option categories from the top are the same as E6. What gives? Meirman If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary. meirman wrote: > I"m embarassed to ask what must be aimple question. I installed > Eudora6 and whenever I try to get mail, I get "Error getting network > address for pop.erols.com Cause: Host not found (11001)" When I ping pop.erols.com, it gets redirected to pop.mail.rcn.net, but there is still no response. So I'd guess this is not a Eudora problem. -- Peter In article <bjnjn7$l9tp9$1@ID-197699.news.uni-berlin.de>, Peter ...

getting IP addresses of network interfaces on Linux box
HI all, I need to know is there anyway I can get the IP addresses of Network interfaces (i.e. physical and logical) on my Linux box from Kernel module or socket APIS? Thanks, B On 2007-04-06, Mona <bizhan.gholikhamseh@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to know is there anyway I can get the IP addresses of Network > interfaces (i.e. physical and logical) on my Linux box from Kernel > module or socket APIS? Yes there is. Please don't multi-post. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=linux+get+ip+address First hit. -- Grant Edwards ...

getting IP addresses of network interfaces on Linux box
HI all, I need to know is there anyway I can get the IP addresses of Network interfaces (i.e. physical and logical) on my Linux box through socket APIs? Thanks, B ...

Any utility for getting TCP/IP address on my Printer network card?
Hi All, i have an old Digital printer, which works fine, but cannot print from network card (printserver???) inside it. The panel will print out some information, including the Mac address of the card aparently the last used IP address that it was used with. Problem is, in no way represent the range of IPs i have and when i hook it up and try to configure it, it does not work, obviously. Seems like i need to reset the card, but in the absence of the original utility to do so, I am stuck! Question is, is there any general TCP/IP or other utility to let it get a TPC/IP address...

error getting network address cause: host not found (11001)
I'm trying our Eudora as an alternative to Outlook Express however I cannot get through to my mail servers. I get the message. error getting network address ....... cause: host not found (11001) I've checked all the settings, which work perfectly with Outlook Express. Since I haven't yet paid any money I can't get help from Qualcomm. Can anyone help. Thanks. Stoker Wilson IT.Adviser@durham.anglican.org Stoker Wilson <Stoker.Wilson@btinternet.com> wrote: > I'm trying our Eudora as an alternative to Outlook Express however I cannot > get through to my mail servers. I get the message. > error getting network address ....... cause: host not found (11001) That sounds like you gave it the wrong server name, or like it is being prevented from getting to the internet. Do you have a firewall? If so, are you sure the firewall is letting Eudora reach the internet? -- Katrina Thanks for that help. Why did I not think to check the firewall settings. Stoker Wilson IT.Adviser@durham.anglican.org "Katrina Knight" <kknight@epix.net> wrote in message news:zLywb.7316$Bv6.2226977@news1.epix.net... > Stoker Wilson <Stoker.Wilson@btinternet.com> wrote: > > I'm trying our Eudora as an alternative to Outlook Express however I cannot > > get through to my mail servers. I get the message. > > > error getting network address ....... cause: host not found (11001) ...

Clean way to get one's network IP address?
Hello I need to get the local computer's IP address, ie. what's displayed when running "ifconfig" in Linux: # ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:15:58:A1:D5:6F inet addr:192.168.0.79 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 I know about socket.gethostbyname, but this relies on what's in /etc/hosts, and I'd rather have a more independent solution. What would be a good way to do this? Thank you. On Nov 21, 9:15 am, Gilles Ganault <nos...@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello > > I need to get the local computer's IP address, ie. w...

Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials
On Red Hat linux 2.4.9 krb5-devel-1.2.2-24 krb5-libs-1.2.2-24 krb5-server-1.2.2-24 krb5-workstation-1.2.2-24 running everything on the local host I can run kinit.just fine: kinit test Password for test@host.COM: I can create a keytab file: kadmin.local: ktadd -k /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5test test Entry for principal test with kvno 5, encryption type Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1 added to keytab WRFILE:/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5test. Entry for principal test with kvno 5, encryption type DES cbc mode with CRC-32 added to keytab WRFILE:/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5test. However, I can't kinit using this keytab file: [root@host/var/kerberos/krb5kdc]$ kinit -k kadm5test kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials klist shows: [root@bde-idm3 /var/kerberos/krb5kdc]$ klist Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0 Default principal: test@BDE-IDM3.US.ORACLE.COM Valid starting Expires Service principal 01/20/05 14:53:59 01/21/05 00:53:59 krbtgt/HOST.COM@HOST.COM Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0 klist: You have no tickets cached A secondary problem is now the password seems to have been changed after creating the keytab, and I can no longer kinit (without the keytab): [root@host /var/kerberos/krb5kdc]$ kinit test Password for test@host.US.ORACLE.COM: kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials For testing purposes I'm using my hostname as my realm name. I&#...

Getting IP address from MAC Address
Previous Message had wrong title Hi all, I have a question for you, I'm looking for a way to have the IP address corresponding to a MAC address I've found this piece of code ( vbs was the original extension ) which gives me the local IP address but I would like to enter a MAC address ( like 00-01-02-03-04-05 ) and then I would like in return the corresponding IP address of the remote computer. I'm not looking for code that gives me the MAC from an IP ( ping 1.1.1.1 and arp -a will gives the answer) strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\&q...

Gets the broadcast address of an IP address
Hi Ruby communauty. I am trying to broadcast a message using UDPSocket on destination port 10000. My code is: client = UDPSocket.new client.connect Socket.gethostname, 10000 client.setsockopt(Socket::SOL_SOCKET, Socket::SO_BROADCAST, true) client.send data, 0 But my packet is not a broadcast, its address is the same as my host: 192.168.0.101 In order to do so on the external interface of my system (named en0), I had remplaced this: client.connect Socket.gethostname, 10000 by this: client.connect "192.168.0.255", 10000 And now this is working. But is there a way to get auto...

Web resources about - how do I get a FC network address - comp.unix.aix

The Hint News Network
The Hint News Network Menu Headlines Economy Health About Us Contact Us &#10005 Headlines Seattle Man to ordered to return $7.75 Million from ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

The D'oh-cial Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The story starts with Mr. Burns' lawyer accusing Lisa of destroying the city. Lisa tells everyone about the day she and her family went to the ...

Facebook Audience Network Launches Native Partner Program
Facebook Thursday announced the launch of the Facebook Audience Network Native Partner Program, aimed at third-party mediation platforms. Facebook ...

A Gamergate victim explains why some social networks are worse for harassment than others
If you're a woman, the Internet can be a dangerous place. One in seven women — and one in four women under 30 — have faced threats of physical ...

Battery Storage Trial Shows Benefits To Both Consumers & Networks
Originally published on RenewEconomy. By Sophie Vorrath The first completed battery storage trial by an Australian network operator has shown ...

IDG Contributor Network: Retail's struggles with improving in-store checkout
With all of the effort by retailers to lure shoppers into their stores, one would think that granting those customers an easy and painless exit ...

Daytime Emmy Noms: ‘Young And The Restless’ Leads Field; CBS Doubles Up On Networks
CBS dominated its network rivals as nominations for the Daytime Emmy Awards were announced today. The net scored 77 noms, more than double its ...

Alpha Networks downsizes personnel
Networking/communication device maker Alpha Networks has reduced its domestic and overseas personnel from 6,000 to 5,000 in a bid to decrease ...

Seattle's Plan to Build Gigabit Fiber Network Stuck in Limbo -
For much of the last decade Seattle has explored the idea of building their own ultra-fast broadband network. Much of that motivation was fueled ...