How to change maximum_mem for an LPAR in HMC Command Line

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I tried to add additional Memory to an existing LPAR with the
following command.

[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chhwres -m HKG_2 -p "E12/K12 hkgsap11" -r
mem -o a -q 4

I got the following error message:

The quantity to be added would exceed the maximum resource allocation
allowed in the profile. At the most, there can only be 0 added. Please
retry command.

I checked:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lshwres -m "HKG_2" -r mem --all

for the partition I want to change it says:
allocated  free  lmb_size  max  min  partition             system
partition_name
16         13    256       16   4    001*7038-6M2*100FD7A  HKG_2
E12/K12 hkgsap11

The profile says:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lssyscfg -m HKG_2 -r prof -p
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" --all
Name      BootMode  DesiredCPU  DesiredMEM  MaxCPU  MaxMEM  MinCPU
MinMEM
4CPU/3GB  1         4           6144        4       6144    1
1024

Can I somehow change the maximum_mem parameter for the running
partition??

I tried:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chsyscfg -r lpar -m HKG_2 -n
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" -i maximum_mem=6144

It gives no error message, but I still can't add additional memory to
the partition.

Any ideas???

TIA
Axel
0
Reply axelsche1 (9) 1/26/2005 12:07:56 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.unix.aix 10874 articles. 5 followers. Post

What is the fast key to change command line into comments line?
Do you guys know how to change command line into comment line in SAS by using some fast or hot keys instead of adding symbol * or /* */? Thanks very much! On Jun 18, 9:21=A0pm, Xuhong <zhuxuhong2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Do you guys know how to change command line into comment line in SAS > by using some fast or hot keys instead of adding symbol * or /* */? > Thanks very much! try <Ctrl> and /. <Ctrl> <shift> / to undo. ...

Change to command line
Hello. I have looked in the HP50g manuals and have not found a way to switch to the command line. I actually wish to change the key response time with the ->KEYTIME command. How can I enter the command line interface? Is the any other way to execute a command? I thank you! Ahem, if you were able to key in numbers so far, you may have found the CLI;-) When you turn on the calc and see the stack, you're at the CLI. To open a new CL just press a numeric key, or turn on ALPHA mode, and then press an alpha key. Actually, the CLI (Command Line Interface) should be covered somewhere with...

Any command for changing the thicknesses of all lines?
I have a plot which is constituted of a lot of small lines with varied thicknesses. I plot the lines first by giving the start and end points of each line followed by their specific thickness, for example for one of the lines I have: x=[ 135.6857 , 108.0351 ] y=[ -15.44344 , 21.51110 ] h=plot(y,x) set(h,'Linewidth', 0.4527698 ) I now would like to know if I it would be possible to change the thickness of all lines for example by a factor of 1.5, by using a single command? Many thanks! Behrooz <ferdosi@gmail.com> wrote in message...

How to change focus to command line
Hi , In linux I have a toolbar with the command line turned on. But I would like to have a hotkey that would focus on the command line. For example, we know that pgm focuses to program editor, lib focues to the library window. What is the command to focus on the command bar in the toolbox , so i could define a hotkey in the keys menu. How about function key f11 (Command Focus)? Art ----------- On Oct 27, 8:43=A0pm, jinto83 <jin...@sina.com> wrote: > Hi , > > =A0 In linux I have a toolbar with the command line turned on. But I > would like to have a hotkey that would fo...

encoding change by command line
Hi, In most cases, i need my emacs with encoding utf-8. My .emacs contains (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8) But sometimes - especially when writing mails or news using mutt and slrn - i need latin-1. Of course, i can change the coding system manually. But i would it prefer if i could set $VISUAL or $EDITOR to an invocation that automatically switches to latin-1. Google could not help me. Can you? TIA Chris "Christian H. Kuhn" <official@qno.de> writes: > But sometimes - especially when writing mails or news using mutt and > slrn - i need latin-1. Of course, i can c...

Changing the Command Line Prompt?
Hi, Is it possible to change the MATLAB Command Window command-line prompt? It is currently ">>"; I want to change it to a user specified string. Thanks. -Saif Saif Khalaf wrote > Is it possible to change the MATLAB Command Window command-line > prompt? No. sTefan It is not possible to change the Command Window prompt. You can however use the input command to put up your own prompt when you need a user response: >> input('Pick a number ') Pick a number 5 ans = 5 >> Type "help input" for more information. Hope thi...

Changing preferences from command line
any way to change/view particular preferences via command line? Such as multithreading support on/off in R2007a? Thanks .... "First Name Last Name" <nospam@nospamplease.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:f9vhri$orl$1@fred.mathworks.com... > any way to change/view particular preferences via command > line? Such as multithreading support on/off in R2007a? > > Thanks .... Hi, for the multithreading: there are (undocumented) functions called getNumberOfComputationalThreads and setNumberOfComputationalThreads, take a look at the demo: >> edit multithreadedcomp...

Onmonitor changes from the command line
Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for example to change the backup device using a script ? Dirk Moolman Database and Unix Administrator MXGROUP "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." sending to informix-list Dirk Moolman wrote: > Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for > example to change the backup device using a script ? > > Dirk Moolman > Database and Unix Administrator > MXGROUP Dirk, you do not...

How to change user passwords on the command line?
Probably a really dumb question, but what is the IOS command a user can used to change their own passwords on the command line on a Cisco router? We have TACACS set up but for some reason its misbehaving and won't allow use of the "apply password change rule" flag which forces users to change thier password at first login. If this flag is on, the accounts expire immediately. So we unset it, set the password in TACACS and tell the user. Problem is that the sysadmin knows the password, the user can't change it, and the user knows that the sysadmin knows the password. ...