How to change maximum_mem for an LPAR in HMC Command Line

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I tried to add additional Memory to an existing LPAR with the
following command.

[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chhwres -m HKG_2 -p "E12/K12 hkgsap11" -r
mem -o a -q 4

I got the following error message:

The quantity to be added would exceed the maximum resource allocation
allowed in the profile. At the most, there can only be 0 added. Please
retry command.

I checked:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lshwres -m "HKG_2" -r mem --all

for the partition I want to change it says:
allocated  free  lmb_size  max  min  partition             system
partition_name
16         13    256       16   4    001*7038-6M2*100FD7A  HKG_2
E12/K12 hkgsap11

The profile says:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lssyscfg -m HKG_2 -r prof -p
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" --all
Name      BootMode  DesiredCPU  DesiredMEM  MaxCPU  MaxMEM  MinCPU
MinMEM
4CPU/3GB  1         4           6144        4       6144    1
1024

Can I somehow change the maximum_mem parameter for the running
partition??

I tried:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chsyscfg -r lpar -m HKG_2 -n
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" -i maximum_mem=6144

It gives no error message, but I still can't add additional memory to
the partition.

Any ideas???

TIA
Axel
0
Reply axelsche1 (9) 1/26/2005 12:07:56 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.unix.aix 10890 articles. 6 followers. Post

What is the fast key to change command line into comments line?
Do you guys know how to change command line into comment line in SAS by using some fast or hot keys instead of adding symbol * or /* */? Thanks very much! On Jun 18, 9:21=A0pm, Xuhong <zhuxuhong2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Do you guys know how to change command line into comment line in SAS > by using some fast or hot keys instead of adding symbol * or /* */? > Thanks very much! try <Ctrl> and /. <Ctrl> <shift> / to undo. ...

Change to command line
Hello. I have looked in the HP50g manuals and have not found a way to switch to the command line. I actually wish to change the key response time with the ->KEYTIME command. How can I enter the command line interface? Is the any other way to execute a command? I thank you! Ahem, if you were able to key in numbers so far, you may have found the CLI;-) When you turn on the calc and see the stack, you're at the CLI. To open a new CL just press a numeric key, or turn on ALPHA mode, and then press an alpha key. Actually, the CLI (Command Line Interface) should be covered somewhere with...

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

command line commands
hi i downloaded the apple 2e applewin emulator from http://www.tomcharlesworth.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ and it plays my friend's old .dsk poems admirably well. i'm curious where i might find documentation about what command line commands are available. just typing stuff at the emulator's command line, i see that 'list' will list the .dsk code. what other such commands are available? any documentation on this? long time ago i started out with dos and unix, so i do know some command line stuff, and am a programmer. thanks, ja Jim Andrews wrote: > i&#...

Any command for changing the thicknesses of all lines?
I have a plot which is constituted of a lot of small lines with varied thicknesses. I plot the lines first by giving the start and end points of each line followed by their specific thickness, for example for one of the lines I have: x=[ 135.6857 , 108.0351 ] y=[ -15.44344 , 21.51110 ] h=plot(y,x) set(h,'Linewidth', 0.4527698 ) I now would like to know if I it would be possible to change the thickness of all lines for example by a factor of 1.5, by using a single command? Many thanks! Behrooz <ferdosi@gmail.com> wrote in message...

How to change focus to command line
Hi , In linux I have a toolbar with the command line turned on. But I would like to have a hotkey that would focus on the command line. For example, we know that pgm focuses to program editor, lib focues to the library window. What is the command to focus on the command bar in the toolbox , so i could define a hotkey in the keys menu. How about function key f11 (Command Focus)? Art ----------- On Oct 27, 8:43=A0pm, jinto83 <jin...@sina.com> wrote: > Hi , > > =A0 In linux I have a toolbar with the command line turned on. But I > would like to have a hotkey that would fo...

encoding change by command line
Hi, In most cases, i need my emacs with encoding utf-8. My .emacs contains (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8) But sometimes - especially when writing mails or news using mutt and slrn - i need latin-1. Of course, i can change the coding system manually. But i would it prefer if i could set $VISUAL or $EDITOR to an invocation that automatically switches to latin-1. Google could not help me. Can you? TIA Chris "Christian H. Kuhn" <official@qno.de> writes: > But sometimes - especially when writing mails or news using mutt and > slrn - i need latin-1. Of course, i can c...

Changing the Command Line Prompt?
Hi, Is it possible to change the MATLAB Command Window command-line prompt? It is currently ">>"; I want to change it to a user specified string. Thanks. -Saif Saif Khalaf wrote > Is it possible to change the MATLAB Command Window command-line > prompt? No. sTefan It is not possible to change the Command Window prompt. You can however use the input command to put up your own prompt when you need a user response: >> input('Pick a number ') Pick a number 5 ans = 5 >> Type "help input" for more information. Hope thi...

Changing preferences from command line
any way to change/view particular preferences via command line? Such as multithreading support on/off in R2007a? Thanks .... "First Name Last Name" <nospam@nospamplease.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:f9vhri$orl$1@fred.mathworks.com... > any way to change/view particular preferences via command > line? Such as multithreading support on/off in R2007a? > > Thanks .... Hi, for the multithreading: there are (undocumented) functions called getNumberOfComputationalThreads and setNumberOfComputationalThreads, take a look at the demo: >> edit multithreadedcomp...

Onmonitor changes from the command line
Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for example to change the backup device using a script ? Dirk Moolman Database and Unix Administrator MXGROUP "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." sending to informix-list Dirk Moolman wrote: > Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for > example to change the backup device using a script ? > > Dirk Moolman > Database and Unix Administrator > MXGROUP Dirk, you do not...

application command line with an application specific command line switch. Where to place it???
I am trying to run an application in wine that requires a command line switch. The switch is a simple one, after the exe, you include a -p that specifies the skin name for the application. So, the complete command would look like: wine "c:\Program Files\application \application.exe -p" However, the -p at the end has no effect. This syntax works in windows. If this is not the right syntax or placement of the switch in wine, somebody please let me know. I tried it after the quotes as well to no avail. I also tried it in it's own set of quotes, etc. ...

map command line start of line and end of line
Is there a way to remap the key strokes used for going to the begining or end of a commandline. In other words can I change Ctrl-E with Ctrl-end? this might seem like a silly request but due to a problem/ configuration with my fingers the ctrl-e command is very difficult. I know that keys can be mapped to commands but I haven't a clue if there is a way to specify the start of a command line using "job/ define ...." thank for the help john john coltrane wrote: > Is there a way to remap the key strokes used for going to the begining > or end of a commandline. > In oth...

Changing pine options from the command line
Pine 4.63. It appears that one cannot do something like: pine -signature-file=mysig -pinerc x.x to write a new configuration file with an option change. Any of the "-<option>=<value>" parameters specified on the command line are ignored. Is this correct? -Steve ...

How to change user passwords on the command line?
Probably a really dumb question, but what is the IOS command a user can used to change their own passwords on the command line on a Cisco router? We have TACACS set up but for some reason its misbehaving and won't allow use of the "apply password change rule" flag which forces users to change thier password at first login. If this flag is on, the accounts expire immediately. So we unset it, set the password in TACACS and tell the user. Problem is that the sysadmin knows the password, the user can't change it, and the user knows that the sysadmin knows the password. ...

Change Matlab Command Line Prompt
Is there a way to change the command line prompt to a string of the user's own choosing? (v. 6.5 R13 if it matters). Not that I know of. Matt Fig wrote: > Not that I know of. And, "whatever for:" or in Dr Laura's words, "what _useful_ purpose would that information serve?" -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <h4r298$mkb$2@news.eternal-september.org>... > Matt Fig wrote: > > Not that I know of. > > And, "whatever for:" or in Dr Laura's words, "what _useful_ purpose > would that information serve?"...

Onmonitor changes from the command line #2
Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for example to change the backup device using a script ? Dirk Moolman Database and Unix Administrator MXGROUP "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." sending to informix-list ...

How to change the windows version with command line?
Dear All, May I know can I change the windows version in wine without using the winecfg ? (as i can't enter winecfg) . Is there any command to do so? thanks for all your help!! Tom <cheungne@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > May I know can I change the windows version in wine without using the > winecfg ? (as i can't enter winecfg) . > Is there any command to do so? http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/using-regedit#AEN378 -- Before you post: Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index When you post: Which wine ve...

Changing Host Name from the command line
I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not use the Windows control panel GUI. I'll also need to change the IP address and some DNS stuff, and the netsh command seems to do this. But it doesn't seem able to change the Host Name. And if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive explanation of the ipconfig and netsh commands, I would much appreciate it. r. ...

XP : change wallpaper by command line
Hello All, Does anyone know how to change the wallpaper by command line? I found the Wallpaper has an entry in registry : HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper I've tried to change this value by "reg" command, but it seems the desktop wallpaper is still same, and not changed. Any advice how I can change the wallpaper by command? Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Re: Onmonitor changes from the command line
No. :-( Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 01.02.2005 09:31:22: > Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for > example to change the backup device using a script ? > > > > > > Dirk Moolman > Database and Unix Administrator > MXGROUP > > > > "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of > thought which they seldom use." > > > sending to...

change the font size on the command line
Hi, I'm running Red Hat 7.1 but didn't install any of the GUI stuff (Gnome etc). The default size of the font I get on the command line is too large - is there any way to change it? One solution I saw was to change the VGA default at bootup through the LILO file (VGA=4) but my system doesn't use LILO for bootup. Is there any other way to do this? Thanks for any help. E Gaydos wrote: > Hi, I'm running Red Hat 7.1 but didn't install any of the GUI stuff (Gnome > etc). The default size of the font I get on the command line is too large - > is the...

Changing max command line length
I'm trying to compile a program using Borland C++ 5.5 for DOS, and the compiling process involves invoking some quite long commands. The problem is that some of those command lines are too long and exceed the 127 (I think) character limit imposed by MS-DOS. I've tried 4DOS, who enlarges this limit up to a maximum of 500 characters or so, but even that is not enough sometimes. I know I could reconstruct the batch files so they load the parameters from a file, but it would involve a lot of changes that would turn it a very painful process. So the question is: is there ...

Changing Host Name from the command line
I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not use the Windows control panel GUI. I'll also need to change the IP address and some DNS stuff, and the netsh command seems to do this. But it doesn't seem able to change the Host Name. And if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive explanation of the ipconfig and netsh commands, I would much appreciate it. r. ...

Changing Host Name from the command line
I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not use the Windows control panel GUI. I'll also need to change the IP address and some DNS stuff, and the netsh command seems to do this. But it doesn't seem able to change the Host Name. And if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive explanation of the ipconfig and netsh commands, I would much appreciate it. r. On 27 Jun 2005 11:05:41 -0700, "sharpiemarker72" <sharpiemarker72@hotmail.com> wrote: >I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not >us...