How to change maximum_mem for an LPAR in HMC Command Line

Hi,

I tried to add additional Memory to an existing LPAR with the
following command.

[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chhwres -m HKG_2 -p "E12/K12 hkgsap11" -r
mem -o a -q 4

I got the following error message:

The quantity to be added would exceed the maximum resource allocation
allowed in the profile. At the most, there can only be 0 added. Please
retry command.

I checked:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lshwres -m "HKG_2" -r mem --all

for the partition I want to change it says:
allocated  free  lmb_size  max  min  partition             system
partition_name
16         13    256       16   4    001*7038-6M2*100FD7A  HKG_2
E12/K12 hkgsap11

The profile says:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lssyscfg -m HKG_2 -r prof -p
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" --all
Name      BootMode  DesiredCPU  DesiredMEM  MaxCPU  MaxMEM  MinCPU
MinMEM
4CPU/3GB  1         4           6144        4       6144    1
1024

Can I somehow change the maximum_mem parameter for the running
partition??

I tried:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chsyscfg -r lpar -m HKG_2 -n
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" -i maximum_mem=6144

It gives no error message, but I still can't add additional memory to
the partition.

Any ideas???

TIA
Axel
0
axelsche1 (9)
1/26/2005 12:07:56 PM
comp.unix.aix 10962 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

Unix Command Line
Now, you may think. What is so special about the FIND command? It is just= a pretty straight forward command. You tell it what to search for, and it= finds it for you. You give it some criteria and it weeds out anything tha= t does not match that criteria. The criteria usually will result with fewe= r files to allow you to choose from. Or. you may have the option to use a = wild card character which usually results in more files to choose from. But, what if, I told you that the FIND command is the back bone to how a ba= tch file works. For example, you can use the FIND command to find all file= s of a type $C1, which are graphic files, and then have a slide show, no ma= tter where they are stored. You can FIND all the Finder.data files on a ha= rd drive, then delete them all. You can FIND all files that start with a p= art of a name, and lock/unlock them all. That is kinda/sorta what this FIND command does. It finds all files that m= atch your criteria, and has the ability to store the results in a text file= .. You can then edit the text file and put a disk command (delete, lock, un= lock, view) in front of each prefix, then EXEC the text file. Yes, VIEW, c= an even be used when the UNIX command line is installed. It allows you to = view most graphics. A couple of notes on the FIND command should be mentioned. FIND does not u= se the MLI OPEN function. So it will not work on network disks. It reads = from a block device, which make...

how to paste command to the command line in UNIX display mode?
Hello, I use display mode Unix SAS. After I copied something (e.g., filename or some strings) and tried to paste them into a command line, I couldn't paste it. Instead the following message came up. You must paste into an input field. I really want to paste it instead of writing it into the command line. Did anybody experience this problem and find a solution? Thanks, Duckhye ...

how to execute an unix command from mozilla url command line
Hi How to execute an unix command from mozilla or any Linux based browser. Like rlogin to a remote server and then execute unix command, we need to execute this two operations from mozilla url. Please let me know any suggestions regarding this. Thanks dhamu <dhamodaran.baghavathi@gmail.com> writes: > Hi > > How to execute an unix command from mozilla or any Linux based > browser. > > Like rlogin to a remote server and then execute unix command, > we need to execute this two operations from mozilla url. > > Please let me know any suggestions rega...

What is the fast key to change command line into comments line?
Do you guys know how to change command line into comment line in SAS by using some fast or hot keys instead of adding symbol * or /* */? Thanks very much! On Jun 18, 9:21=A0pm, Xuhong <zhuxuhong2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Do you guys know how to change command line into comment line in SAS > by using some fast or hot keys instead of adding symbol * or /* */? > Thanks very much! try <Ctrl> and /. <Ctrl> <shift> / to undo. ...

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

command line commands
hi i downloaded the apple 2e applewin emulator from http://www.tomcharlesworth.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ and it plays my friend's old .dsk poems admirably well. i'm curious where i might find documentation about what command line commands are available. just typing stuff at the emulator's command line, i see that 'list' will list the .dsk code. what other such commands are available? any documentation on this? long time ago i started out with dos and unix, so i do know some command line stuff, and am a programmer. thanks, ja Jim Andrews wrote: > i&#...

Unix command line does not work
I modified sth in .cshrc file. THen if the command line does not work. when i typed some command like : - cd .. - pwd: command not found. But after I changed the .cshrc file into the original format, it still does not work. What is the problem? Thank you. On 20 Oct 2005 12:32:38 -0700, vivian wrote: > I modified sth in .cshrc file. THen if the command line does not work. > when i typed some command like : > - cd .. > - pwd: command not found. > > But after I changed the .cshrc file into the original format, it still > does not work. > > What is the problem? d...

Onmonitor changes from the command line
Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for example to change the backup device using a script ? Dirk Moolman Database and Unix Administrator MXGROUP "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." sending to informix-list Dirk Moolman wrote: > Is it possible to script onmonitor changes from the command line, for > example to change the backup device using a script ? > > Dirk Moolman > Database and Unix Administrator > MXGROUP Dirk, you do not need onmonitor to change TAPEDEV, ontape reads the ONCONFIG file everytime it is run to determine the archive device. You only need onmonitor to change the values for LTAPEDEV in memory to redirect logical log archives on the fly. The better way to do both, however, is to set TAPEDEV and LTAPEDEV to (different) symbolic links to the tape device/file. Then you can change the the file or device that the link points to anytime you need to without running onmonitor or modifying the ONCONFIG file. The relink is easy to script... Art S. Kagel ...

Any command for changing the thicknesses of all lines?
I have a plot which is constituted of a lot of small lines with varied thicknesses. I plot the lines first by giving the start and end points of each line followed by their specific thickness, for example for one of the lines I have: x=[ 135.6857 , 108.0351 ] y=[ -15.44344 , 21.51110 ] h=plot(y,x) set(h,'Linewidth', 0.4527698 ) I now would like to know if I it would be possible to change the thickness of all lines for example by a factor of 1.5, by using a single command? Many thanks! Behrooz <ferdosi@gmail.com> wrote in message...

How to change focus to command line
Hi , In linux I have a toolbar with the command line turned on. But I would like to have a hotkey that would focus on the command line. For example, we know that pgm focuses to program editor, lib focues to the library window. What is the command to focus on the command bar in the toolbox , so i could define a hotkey in the keys menu. How about function key f11 (Command Focus)? Art ----------- On Oct 27, 8:43=A0pm, jinto83 <jin...@sina.com> wrote: > Hi , > > =A0 In linux I have a toolbar with the command line turned on. But I > would like to have a hotkey that would focus on the command line. > > For example, we know that pgm focuses to program editor, lib focues to > the library window. What is the command to focus on the command bar in > the toolbox , so i could define a hotkey in the keys menu. ...

IBM AIX UNIX command
I am looking for a list of unix command used in AIX. I suppose that vi, ls, mv, cp, ssh, mail, kill exist in most unix operating system but in AIX, what are the list of unix command that can be found?. Is there a specific website with a list of AIX UNIX command?. Regards. <solomon_13000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:37705582-d478-4d95-b590-8711fd6e4079@w4g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I am looking for a list of unix command used in AIX. I suppose that > vi, ls, mv, cp, ssh, mail, kill exist in most unix operating system > but in AIX, what are the list of unix command that can be found?. Is > there a specific website with a list of AIX UNIX command?. > > Regards. > Try this site. See under popular topics a link to commands reference. https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/index.jsp?topic=/front/globalwelcome.htm Is there an aix unix account server on the internet that I can use and practice csh, ksh and so on programming?. On Apr 25, 5:31 am, solomon_13...@yahoo.com wrote: > I am looking for a list of unix command used in AIX. I suppose that > vi, ls, mv, cp, ssh, mail, kill exist in most unix operating system > but in AIX, what are the list of unix command that can be found?. Is > there a specific website with a list of AIX UNIX command?. > > Regards. The Rosetta Stone for Unix? http://bhami.com/rosetta.html On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:31:13 -0700 (PDT), solomon_13000@yahoo.com wrote: >I am looking for a ...

Unix command line and MatLab
Hi NG, I have MatLab running on a central server (Solaris), and I have a time consuming calculation job I would like to run. How do I use the terminal to start MatLab and let it run and then log off the Unix leaving the process running? I can use the -nohup option for the last bit, but how do I leave MatLab running? Thanks! Best, /JS JS wrote: > Hi NG, > > I have MatLab running on a central server (Solaris), and I have a time > consuming calculation job I would like to run. How do I use the > terminal to start MatLab and let it run and then log off the Unix > leaving t...

Changing the Command Line Prompt?
Hi, Is it possible to change the MATLAB Command Window command-line prompt? It is currently ">>"; I want to change it to a user specified string. Thanks. -Saif Saif Khalaf wrote > Is it possible to change the MATLAB Command Window command-line > prompt? No. sTefan It is not possible to change the Command Window prompt. You can however use the input command to put up your own prompt when you need a user response: >> input('Pick a number ') Pick a number 5 ans = 5 >> Type "help input" for more information. Hope thi...

map command line start of line and end of line
Is there a way to remap the key strokes used for going to the begining or end of a commandline. In other words can I change Ctrl-E with Ctrl-end? this might seem like a silly request but due to a problem/ configuration with my fingers the ctrl-e command is very difficult. I know that keys can be mapped to commands but I haven't a clue if there is a way to specify the start of a command line using "job/ define ...." thank for the help john john coltrane wrote: > Is there a way to remap the key strokes used for going to the begining > or end of a commandline. > In oth...

Changing pine options from the command line
Pine 4.63. It appears that one cannot do something like: pine -signature-file=mysig -pinerc x.x to write a new configuration file with an option change. Any of the "-<option>=<value>" parameters specified on the command line are ignored. Is this correct? -Steve ...

How to change user passwords on the command line?
Probably a really dumb question, but what is the IOS command a user can used to change their own passwords on the command line on a Cisco router? We have TACACS set up but for some reason its misbehaving and won't allow use of the "apply password change rule" flag which forces users to change thier password at first login. If this flag is on, the accounts expire immediately. So we unset it, set the password in TACACS and tell the user. Problem is that the sysadmin knows the password, the user can't change it, and the user knows that the sysadmin knows the password. ...

Changing Host Name from the command line
I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not use the Windows control panel GUI. I'll also need to change the IP address and some DNS stuff, and the netsh command seems to do this. But it doesn't seem able to change the Host Name. And if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive explanation of the ipconfig and netsh commands, I would much appreciate it. r. ...

XP : change wallpaper by command line
Hello All, Does anyone know how to change the wallpaper by command line? I found the Wallpaper has an entry in registry : HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper I've tried to change this value by "reg" command, but it seems the desktop wallpaper is still same, and not changed. Any advice how I can change the wallpaper by command? Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Add user in Unix from command Line
I tried to add a new user using the command line commands "useradd" and "adduser" but with no luck. The user names are added but i cannot login into the system using the just created username and password. Whats wrong?? y isint it working?? And also i wanted to know that when i login as a regular user and then use "su" in the terminal and then as root in the terminal try to do "adduser" command it says "bash command not found". why does this happen. im a superuser in the terminal and y cant i execute the "adduser" command. And finall...

Changing max command line length
I'm trying to compile a program using Borland C++ 5.5 for DOS, and the compiling process involves invoking some quite long commands. The problem is that some of those command lines are too long and exceed the 127 (I think) character limit imposed by MS-DOS. I've tried 4DOS, who enlarges this limit up to a maximum of 500 characters or so, but even that is not enough sometimes. I know I could reconstruct the batch files so they load the parameters from a file, but it would involve a lot of changes that would turn it a very painful process. So the question is: is there ...

How to change the windows version with command line?
Dear All, May I know can I change the windows version in wine without using the winecfg ? (as i can't enter winecfg) . Is there any command to do so? thanks for all your help!! Tom <cheungne@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > May I know can I change the windows version in wine without using the > winecfg ? (as i can't enter winecfg) . > Is there any command to do so? http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/using-regedit#AEN378 -- Before you post: Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index When you post: Which wine ve...

Changing Host Name from the command line
I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not use the Windows control panel GUI. I'll also need to change the IP address and some DNS stuff, and the netsh command seems to do this. But it doesn't seem able to change the Host Name. And if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive explanation of the ipconfig and netsh commands, I would much appreciate it. r. On 27 Jun 2005 11:05:41 -0700, "sharpiemarker72" <sharpiemarker72@hotmail.com> wrote: >I would like to change the Host Name from the command line; i.e., not >us...

IDL command line problems UNIX
Hi there, I' m working with IDL 6.4.1. on Unix Solaris (sunos 5.10). I can work within the IDL Development Environment with no probleme (starting with the command 'idlde'). But I would like to work within the command line mode. When I enter 'idl' in the shell I get the following feedback: ld.so.1: idl: fatal: libIDL.so.4.3.1: open failed: No such file or directory Killed. What is wrong ? Wrong shell ? Do I have to set a certain environment variable ? Many thanks for your valuable responses !! Cheers, Roman ...

how to debug java in unix command line
Hi, Is there any tool that I could debug java in unix command line like gdb? Thanks, Will William Shieh wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool that I could debug java in unix command line like gdb? > > Thanks, > Will > > jdb "William Shieh" <gwshieh@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there any tool that I could debug java in unix command line like gdb? http://gcc.gnu.org/java/gdb.html ...

Web resources about - How to change maximum_mem for an LPAR in HMC Command Line - comp.unix.aix