How to change maximum_mem for an LPAR in HMC Command Line

Hi,

I tried to add additional Memory to an existing LPAR with the
following command.

[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chhwres -m HKG_2 -p "E12/K12 hkgsap11" -r
mem -o a -q 4

I got the following error message:

The quantity to be added would exceed the maximum resource allocation
allowed in the profile. At the most, there can only be 0 added. Please
retry command.

I checked:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lshwres -m "HKG_2" -r mem --all

for the partition I want to change it says:
allocated  free  lmb_size  max  min  partition             system
partition_name
16         13    256       16   4    001*7038-6M2*100FD7A  HKG_2
E12/K12 hkgsap11

The profile says:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ lssyscfg -m HKG_2 -r prof -p
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" --all
Name      BootMode  DesiredCPU  DesiredMEM  MaxCPU  MaxMEM  MinCPU
MinMEM
4CPU/3GB  1         4           6144        4       6144    1
1024

Can I somehow change the maximum_mem parameter for the running
partition??

I tried:
[hscroot@hsyhmc02 hscroot]$ chsyscfg -r lpar -m HKG_2 -n
"001*7038-6M2*100FD7A" -i maximum_mem=6144

It gives no error message, but I still can't add additional memory to
the partition.

Any ideas???

TIA
Axel
0
axelsche1 (9)
1/26/2005 12:07:56 PM
comp.unix.aix 10935 articles. 6 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

Changing the Change File Feature.
Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a similarly-named file in another directory? Thanks. It does not get changed automatically. Just Click NO! -- Hope this helps. Let us know. Wes MS-MVP Windows Shell/User In news:bPVue.8700$NX4.8680@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Neil <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked: > Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a > shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a > simila...

Changing the initial layout
Hi All, Trying to build my first Cocoa project, I'm having lot's of fun, but there is this thing I can't figure out. I'm building a game, on the right I have an openGL thing and on the left I have Tabpages. Now I've created 4 different Tab's no problems there. The problem is that now allways all tabs are applicable, when the application just started, I just want to show 2 of them. So I've to do something like: [menuBar->AdvancedTab retain]; [menuBar removeTabViewItem: menuBar->AdvancedTab]; But the thing is I've no clue where to put ...

Re: change value #3
Here's the (I think) analogous sql: proc sql ; update test set age = 20 where age = 200 ; quit ; -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_; Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: change value Here is a way, that works based on the information you have provided. Let's see if any one it paying attention :-) data work.test; input age sex:$1. @@; cards; 21 M 23 F 200 M ;;;; run; proc editor data=work.test; find 1,last age=200; list...

MIME and command line
Hello to all When I use the command line to send an email with a pdf attachment the attachment is uuencoded. If I send the same attachment from within Pegasus the attachment is MIME encoded. Does anyone know who to send MIME encoded attachments from the command line?? Any ideas would be appreciated TIA Tony ...

ComboBox change
I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? "Jules" <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote: > >I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with >the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? > > Jules, I believe you want to set the Style property to "0 - Dropdown Combo". This allows the user to pick an item from the list or type into the combo box. Regards, Eric Sorry, my mistake, I m...

Trying to change ID value in @array
Hi, I'm trying to replace the ID number in my @array. Each entry of addressbook.txt has an ID number, a name and an email address separated by a "|" in this format: 1|Robert|rob@email.com 2|Gerry|gerry@email.com 3|Frank|frank@email.com A user simply inputs a number in a web form, then the data is passed to this deletion script: # Get array entries open (ADDRESSES, "<data/addressbook.txt") or die "Can't open file: $!"; @recipients=<ADDRESSES>; close(ADDRESSES); # Loop to locate and delete entry based on form data foreach $recipients(@recipien...

HMC Backup #3
Hello We have 6 HCMs placed on different location. I am in process to make a backup policy for HMC configurations. Will it good to have one month retention policy. I think changes are rarely made on its configuration and data. Thanks Regards, Haroon Nawaz ...

iSeries Access for Linux on AIX? for HMC access
Hi All, My HMC is shared between pSeries and iSeries. The HMC is only accessible through a AIX machine. The SvP, HMC and AIX machine are on a secured VLAN, not accessible directly from my PC, and the HMC is at great distance. With WebSM, the AIX partitions can create a vt100 terminal, but the (remote) 5250 terminal is not working through WebSM. I need to TN5250 from the AIX server to the HMC (Q#HMC), so I want to install the Linux ppc version of iSeries Access on AIX5.2 on power4 . Anyone with experience? Jan W ...

change of career?
Hi, I currently work as a software engineer on quite complex signal processing code which really does stretch the old grey matter. I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it and would like to pursue a career in something a bit less technically challenging. Does anyone have any thoughts about what would be a good move into? I'd like to say what motivates me.... but i'm not too sure. Thanks, James. Home Depot. You can do it. We can help. LOL <blokedownpub@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1168290930.424513.48240@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I currently work...

how cani change font at console window
windows nt 4.0 i edit Lucida console and after that i cant see this font in property ...

changing CPerl indenting
I would like this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; Changed to this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; My eyes are blurry from looking for the answer. :-) I have cperl-mode on by default and I have the following in .emacs: ;; CPerl not Perl! (fset 'perl-mode 'cperl-mode) (add-hook 'cperl-mode-hook '(lambda () (cperl-set-style "PerlStyle"))) (setq cperl-hairy t) (setq cperl-indent-level 4) (setq cperl-continued-statement-offset 4) (setq cperl-brace-o...

How to change PCI interrupts?
We are trying to duplicate an experiment setup which uses QNX 6.1 and I am having some problems with the new computer. I am mostly a software guy, I don't know much about hardware but I believe the problem is about some interrupts clashing. The problem is when the PCI card is initialized and some FIFO open is attempted over the network with another QNX machine, the network goes down. The same cards and programs works fine with the current computers. I tested the new card with the old computers and it works fine. I tested the FIFO part without the PCI initialization and the netwo...

To change password in Eudora? URGENT!
Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. How can I change password in Eudora too? Thanks <st.lucky@katamail.com> wrote... > Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the > web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. > How can I change password in Eudora too? > Thanks I think this'll do it: In Eudora, click on "Special", then "Forget Password(s)". Now then next time you try to retrieve your email, Eudora will ...

Changing the field of specialization in Computer Science
Hi all, I have done computer system engineering. I chose the Grid Computing field for doing my undergrad senior design project and worked on an OGSA compliant Replica Location Service for grids. But now I feel that back then I made a wrong choice as I found out later that I wasn't much interested in Grid Computing and found it hard to work in that field. Now I want to pursue Artificial Intelligence during my future work/studies. I want to pursue a masters degree with specialization in AI. My question is that is it possible to change lanes under the above mentioned circumstances...

DAQ change frequency while continously outputing sine wave
I have an NI USB DAQ and I can continuously generate a signal. I need to be able to continuously generate a signal and change the frequency from when desired, while still generating a signal. I have not been able to figure out how to change the frequency without shutting down the output first. This is the code I use to continuously generate the data: function [source, lh] = daqWvformControl(freq, signalVoltPk, squareWv, sampleRate, Dur) source = daq.createSession('ni'); source.IsContinuous = true; source.addAnalogOutputChannel('Dev1', 0, 'Voltage'); source.Rate...

Trace on change/Signal on change/Call on change
Is ooRexx getting any closer to having a mechanism which could be used to trace when a particular variable or stem variable gets changed (to a particular value)? I don't know whether I'm writing cleverer bugs, or my debugging skills are waning with age, but it is starting to take me days to track down some problems that would be a snip with a variable monitor. I've just fixed such a bug. It took me about three years, because it happened only once a year, on average. Phew! -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Swifty wrote: > Is ...

about bounded region using voronoi command
I am a newbie to this algorithm, I am wondering anyone with experience could help me out this, I am trying on this subject for several days and made no progress. I have several points, and a bounded region (rectangular or triangle) with known vertexes, how could I using voronoi algorithm to generate the voronoi cells in this region, and also derive the vertexes for each cell in this region, so the vertexes of the region could be the vertexes for the cell too. I shall appreciate it very much, if anyone could offer me a suggestion on this matter. For example, given region determined by r0=[x0 ...

LaTeX will not allow $]$ inside ]-delimited optional part of section command
Hi everyone, I want to include a "]" symbol in the optional part of a \section command. Minimal test case: \section[The $]$ symbol is good]{I like the $]$ symbol} LaTeX will not compile this, because it seems to think that the maths-mode "]" symbol in "[The $]$ symbol is good]" is the closing delimiter of the "[" which is the opening delimiter of the optional part of the command. (Hence its bracket-matching algorithm is flawed!) Can anyone suggest a work-around other than removing the "$]$" from the optional part and hard-coding it into the...

Changing UDCs online
Hello 3000-l Haven't done this in a long while, have searched the Archives, for more time than I care to relate, zero results: I have a UDC that is being accessed by, say, 70 Users, yet I need to implement a File command and save it so that they get the new version when they next logon. Of course the UDC is set to "*" and I can't save the file- someone know the method of doing this, sorry for any bandwidth- is it in the Archives? Timestamp? Best to all, esp those who got to go to Atlanta! John M Penney Systems Programmer Production Services Information Servi...

I need a script that will use the DOM to change an actors lines to ....
bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software "grasshopper" <rodger@peguesmusic.com> wrote in message news:1141624160.564209.154880@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no > idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this > info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software > I would approach it with a combination of css and javascript. tag each actor&...

Recieving Jes2 and Vtam Command Responces?
Hi, I have written a Rexx program to receive MCS console command responses under TSO/ISPF.The user which issues the command have console authority with AUTH(master) Routcode(all).First I activate the console and by issuing CONSPROF command the program will change "SOLDISPLAY" to "NO".After that the program will issue "'CONSOLE SYSCMD('cmd')'" command.Afterward the program will use "GETCODE = GETMSG('PRTMSG.','EITHER',CRT,60)" to retrieve Command responces. anyhow there is not any problem with MVS commands but for others s...

Changing to Applemac
Hi, Could you help me please? I am considering changing to an Applemac from a Dell PC. I have three kids at school who will need to use it too, for homework/internet etc. No big requirements for gaming or anything like that, standard Office accessories used, nothing really fancy, but maybe Dreamweaver. Currently we have a quite powerful Dell PC (loads of memory/disk space etc) and would not want anything less powereful than that. Broadband internet access, whilst needed for several hours per day, is mainly for email, some music, and web research etc. So, what do I need to make the transition...

Changing the "Zoom" from Ctrl-Alt-Keypad plus/minus
hello, world\n I would like to change the key combination used to "zoom" (cycle through the resolution list). The xorg.conf manpage only says how to disable it: Option "DontZoom" "boolean" This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad- Plus and Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus sequences. These sequences allows you to switch between video modes. When this option is enabled, those key sequences have no special meaning and are passed to clients. Default: off. I need ...

Tk::Photo use for scan lines
I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here. My goal was to intercept incoming single scan lines (i.e. y constant, x changing) and draw the scans as I get them. I set up this simple test, and the canvas comes out blank. I seem to be missing something... Note I create a Photo of height 1 to represent a single scan line. Here is my simple test code: use Tk; use Tk::Photo; use strict; use warnings; my $mw = MainWindow->new; my $canvas = $mw->Canvas(-width => 100, -height => 100)->pack; my $image = $canvas->Photo(-width => 100, -height => 1); my @...

change color in a bmp image
Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads and image and then changes the color at specified pixels.The pixels that I want to change are saved in a 2d array like that 332 64 332 65 356 67 etc. The original image that i load is pure white and I want to change the pixels color at pixel (332,64),(332,65),(356,67)and so on to black. Is there a function that can change a pixel from 255 to 0 value?How can I do that? Any help would be appreciated. :) kudrah wrote: > Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads > and image and then chang...