how to install international locales?

Hi

how do I install international locales like Chinese, Japanese, and
French on my p630 running AIX 5.2?  The machine currently only has C,
POSIX, and en_US locales (from the locale -a command).

thanks
Victor
0
vilee (8)
12/24/2003 1:47:48 AM
comp.unix.aix 10950 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

vilee@amdocs.com (Victor Lee) wrote in message news:<5ddb7fa1.0312231747.25caa266@posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> how do I install international locales like Chinese, Japanese, and
> French on my p630 running AIX 5.2?  The machine currently only has C,
> POSIX, and en_US locales (from the locale -a command).
>
> thanks
> Victor

smitty mle_add_lang

Steve
0
steve9035 (402)
12/24/2003 2:23:06 PM
thanks Steve.  I did the smitty mle_add_lang command on the
Traditional Chinese (zh_TW) locale.  The installation succeeded, but
when I go to the CDE login screen and choose Options->Language->zh_TW
no Chinese characters come up (it's still English).  When I log in,
the locale command still shows en_US as the locale.  When I manually
set LANG and LC_ALL environment variables to zh_TW and then fire up a
dtterm, I get a message saying "Missing charsets in string to fontset
conversion" and the dtterm menus show junk characters.  How can I fix
this?

thanks
Victor

steve@wakefieldrfc.freeserve.co.uk (Steve Nottingham) wrote in message news:<42862645.0312240623.1162fa44@posting.google.com>...
> vilee@amdocs.com (Victor Lee) wrote in message news:<5ddb7fa1.0312231747.25caa266@posting.google.com>...
> > Hi
> >
> > how do I install international locales like Chinese, Japanese, and
> > French on my p630 running AIX 5.2?  The machine currently only has C,
> > POSIX, and en_US locales (from the locale -a command).
> >
> > thanks
> > Victor
>
> smitty mle_add_lang
>
> Steve
0
vilee (8)

How to install Japanese locale on AIX 5.1
I have one machine with AIX 5.1 and english locale installed. Now I want to install Japanese locale on that machine. What steps do I have to follow? Is there any installer available on internet which I have to download and install or is it already present on my AIX box and I have to activate it? Following is the output from "locale -a" command. C POSIX en_US en_US.8859-15 en_US.ISO8859-1 I need this information ASAP. Any help will be highly appreciated. Tusshar wrote: > I have one machine with AIX 5.1 and english locale installed. Now I > want to install Japanese locale on that machine. What steps do I have > to follow? Is there any installer available on internet which I have to > download and install or is it already present on my AIX box and I have > to activate it? > Following is the output from "locale -a" command. > C > POSIX > en_US > en_US.8859-15 > en_US.ISO8859-1 > > I need this information ASAP. Any help will be highly appreciated. The simplest would be to read the installation Guide. Another simple approach is: Get all Message file for en_US currently installed on your System and install the corresponding japanese filesets # Preview install these filesets $ installp -d . -pagXY ` lslpp -L |awk '{print $1}' |\ egrep "^X11|^devices|^sysmgt|^printers|^bos" |\ grep -w msg | sed 's/\.en_US\./\.ja_JP\./' ` If you are happy remove the p option from installp and redo the com...

How to install Japanese locale on AIX 5.3
Hi We have a AIX 5.3 machine with only English locale installed. # locale -a C POSIX en_US en_US.8859-15 en_US.ISO8859-1 # We need to install Japanese locale on this machine. Can you please le me know how to do taht. Which AIX 5.3 Installation CD do i need to use for this -- abcd12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abcd123's Profile: http://forums.yourdomain.com.au/member.php?userid=5 View this thread: http://forums.yourdomain.com.au/showthread.php?t=6832 abcd123 wrote: > Hi > > We have a AIX 5.3 machine with only English locale installed. > > # locale -a > C > POSIX > en_US > en_US.8859-15 > en_US.ISO8859-1 > # > > We need to install Japanese locale on this machine. Can you please let > me know how to do taht. > Searching this newsgroup would show something like: $ smitty mle_add_lang hth Hajo Hajo Ehlers wrote: > abcd123 wrote: > > Hi > > > > We have a AIX 5.3 machine with only English locale installed. > > > > # locale -a > > C > > POSIX > > en_US > > en_US.8859-15 > > en_US.ISO8859-1 > > # > > > > We need to install Japanese locale on this machine. Can you please let > > me know how to do taht. > > > > Searching this newsgroup would show something like: > > $ smitty mle_add_lang > > hth > Hajo i tried smitty mle_add_lang and it loaded up all the cds and seemed...

Installing 10gR2 in UNIX AIX While 8i Databases are Running
I have four 8i databases running on UNIX AIX 5.2. I want to install Oracle Server 10.2.0.1 while the databases continue to run as 8i. I do not want to shut them down during the install. About a week after the install I will upgrade the databases from 8i to 10g. The Oracle Database Installation Guide says on page 2-35 (items 7 and 8) to edit the oracle user's shell startup file (.profile in the Korn shell). I am to add "umask 022" and to comment out the settings for variables ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME, and ORACLE_BASE. Doing this means the changes in .profile will apply to all new UNIX sessions for the "oracle" user. I do not want that to happen. I want those changes to apply only to the session of user "oracle" who is doing the 10g install. Is is safe for me to make these four changes at the command line of my UNIX session instead of in .profile? I would enter: umask 022 unset ORACLE_SID unset ORACLE_HOME unset ORACLE_BASE If I am wrong in my thinking, is there another way to install 10g will allowing my databases to continue to run as 8i? Thank you, Bill On Jan 26, 2:15 pm, bfoga...@gaports.com wrote: > I have four 8i databases running on UNIX AIX 5.2. I want to install > Oracle Server 10.2.0.1 while the databases continue to run as 8i. I do > not want to shut them down during the install. About a week after the > install I will upgrade the databases from 8i to 10g. > > The Oracle Database Installation Guide says on p...

How to unzip and install the files in AIX 5.3 Unix Server
Hi Unix Group Mates, I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and unzip utilities for our AIX 5.3 Unix Server. I have download the installer to my local notebook. However I don't know how to install this to the server. I'm really looking forward for my friends reply here. Many thanks in advance. I really appreciate all of your help. Best Regards, Afeena, Malaysia On 8 fev, 09:49, "afeena83" <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Unix Group Mates, > I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and > unzip utilities for our AIX 5.3 Unix Server. I have download the > installer to my local notebook. However I don't know how to install > this to the server. > I'm really looking forward for my friends reply here. > Many thanks in advance. > > I really appreciate all of your help. > > Best Regards, > Afeena, Malaysia I'm considering that zip/unzip are in bff format. You have to copy this file to a temporary directory (if FTP copy, use binary format), run "inutoc ." and then execute "smitty install_latest". If it's a RPM package, it must be for AIX. Copy it to a temporary directory then upgrade like you would do in linux (rpm -Uvh <package>). Anderson ...

Difference between HP Unix and Unix AIX
What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? Is there any ? dlprogress wrote: > What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? > Is there any ? > > Unless you're getting into system dependent stuff, no, there's no real difference. However, one real difference is that AIX is an IBM and not an HP product. -- Fletcher Glenn ...

.Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals
Skills: .Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi (NCR), Chennai Experience: 3+ Yrs Hand-On Please forward your profiles to mailto: jobsgooogle@gmail.com Consultant Jobs Gooogle (Nick Name) We are a Sourcing Group based in Chennai and have no links with Google nor Source for Google. ...

Unix Install
Hello All, I've been trying to get BLT working for quite some time but i seem to have no luck here. When i run make install this is what i get after a long series of compilations. /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed make[2]: *** [libBLT24.so] Error 1 make[1]: *** [install-lib] Error 2 make: *** [install-all] Error 2 Results of Configure: Configuration results: tcl.h found in /usr/include tk.h found in /usr/include X11/Xlib.h found in libtcl8.4 found in /SourceCache/tcl/tcl-20/tcl/tcl/unix libtk8.4 found in /SourceCache/tk/tk-20/tk/tk/unix libX11 found in /usr/X11R6/lib Directories where BLT is to be installed: "$prefix" is /usr "$exec_prefix" is /usr bltwish to be installed in ${exec_prefix}/bin libBLT.a to be installed in /usr/lib scripts to be installed in /usr/lib/blt2.4 manual pages to be installed in ${prefix}/man Im not sure what /SourceCache/ is, I find I am unable to point the configuration script to the correct /usr/local/lib/libtcl8.4.dylib file. Any help would be appreciated! Regards, Kenneth Miller "Kenneth Miller" <ken.miller@entouch.net> wrote > > I've been trying to get BLT working for quite some time but i > seem to have no luck here. When i run make install this is what i > get after a long series of compilations. > > /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed > make[2]: *** [libBLT24...

install locale zh_TW.BIG5 after solaris 5.8 installation
Dear all, I have forgotton to install the locale zh_TW.BIG5 into the machine during the initial installation through the CD. Then I add the locale manaual AFTER the installation. The locale can successful be installation as viewed by locale -a However, when invoked the daemon using LC_ALL=zh_TW.BIG5 LANG=zh_TW.BIG5 export LC_ALL export JAVA_LIBRARY_ export LANG ...

Unix AIX
What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away and the server hangs, i would apprecaite a list of commands for unix aix, we are on version 6.1 Thanks!! SAPUNIX wrote: > What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes > we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away > and the server hangs those who do not go away, are they really not in use anymore? In comp.unix.aix, Sven Mascheck <mascheck@email.invalid> wrote: >SAPUNIX wrote: >> What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes >> we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away >> and the server hangs > >those who do not go away, are they really not in use anymore? My experience is if they don't go away from properly formatted ipcs / ipcrm commands, it's because they're tied to processes which are hung waiting on kernel threads (and basically, defunct). In which case you need to kill the owning process (which is already dead, and which probably won't respond to a kill -9 since it's stuck in a kernel thread) or reboot the box. SAP is the worst offender in this regard IME. It's the only app I've ever known people have to constantly clear down shared memory / semaphores for when it doesn't shut down cleanly. -- Tony Evans Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993 blog...

.Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals
Skills; .Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi (NCR), Chennai Experience: 3+ Yrs Hand-On Please forward your profiles to mailto: jobsgooogle@gmail.com Consultant Jobs Gooogle (Nick Name) We are a Sourcing Group based in Chennai and have no links with Google nor Source for Google. ...

AIX Installation
For example: You can install Solaris with diffrent clusters such as: a) core OS b) Development cluster c) Full distribution 1)Are there any similar cluster available during AIX installation ? 2) what are default partitions in Base AIX installation ? 3) What are the minimum partions needed to boot base AIX OS. For example /, /usr are fine and /var is corrupted. Will base OS will boot ? learner wrote: > For example: You can install Solaris with diffrent clusters such as: > a) core OS b) Development cluster c) Full distribution > > 1)Are there any similar cluster available during AIX installation ? > 2) what are default partitions in Base AIX installation ? > 3) What are the minimum partions needed to boot base AIX OS. For > example /, /usr are fine and /var is corrupted. Will base OS will boot > ? > 1 - Not clusters, but bundles... you have the same options, but with more granuality. 2 - /, /usr, /tmp, /var, /opt, /home for filesystems and a few more lv for boot, paging and dump 3 - It will depend on the level of corruption. Generally, if you can't mount those filesystems, the system will not boot. BC ...

.Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals #2
Skills; .Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi (NCR), Chennai Experience: 3+ Yrs Hand-On Please forward your profiles to mailto: jobsgooogle@gmail.com Consultant Jobs Gooogle (Nick Name) We are a Sourcing Group based in Chennai and have no links with Google nor Source for Google. ...

urgent: install locale zh_TW.BIG5 after solaris 5.8 installation
Dear all, I have forgotton to install the locale zh_TW.BIG5 into the machine during the initial installation through the CD 5.8. Then I add the locale manaual AFTER the installation. The locale can successful be installed as viewed by locale -a However, when invoked the daemon using LC_ALL=zh_TW.BIG5 LANG=zh_TW.BIG5 export LC_ALL export LANG The deamon state the error with cannot set locale correctly. Would there be any method to install the locale after the OS installation? Paul ...

.Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals #2
Skills: .Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi (NCR), Chennai Experience: 3+ Yrs Hand-On Please forward your profiles to mailto: jobsgooogle@gmail.com Consultant Jobs Gooogle (Nick Name) We are a Sourcing Group based in Chennai and have no links with Google nor Source for Google. ...

.Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals #3
Skills: .Net VC++ Java C++ Windows Internals Unix Internals Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi (NCR), Chennai Experience: 3+ Yrs Hand-On Please forward your profiles to mailto: jobsgooogle@gmail.com Consultant Jobs Gooogle (Nick Name) We are a Sourcing Group based in Chennai and have no links with Google nor Source for Google. ...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304432405)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304432405) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexible schedule must...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304457606)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304457606) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexibl...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304132401)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304132401) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexibl...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45303832413)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45303832413) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexible schedule must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift any day of the week . Self-started no time for OJT. Extra points TCP IP, Oracle, DB2 database admin, complex networks. Please send your current resume in confidence to "Karen Lehman" <klehman@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45303832413. ...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304732416)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304732416) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexibl...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304132401)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304132401) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexibl...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304732416)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304732416) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexible schedule must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift any day of the week . Self-started no time for OJT. Extra points TCP IP, Oracle, DB2 database admin, complex networks. Please send your current resume in confidence to "Karen Lehman" <klehman@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45304732416. ...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45303583160)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45303583160) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexibl...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304157603)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-AIX, AIX, UNIX; 7M (45304157603) ==================================================================== Position: Application Developer-AIX Reference: MKL00780 Location: Austin TX Duration: 7M Skills: AIX UNIX Scope: Unix AIX preferred system admin skills and experience. Experience configuring all types of servers, storage and networks. Excellent written communication skills must be able to clearly describe a problem and resolution status Flexibl...

Web resources about - how to install international locales? - comp.unix.aix

International Law Office - Legal Newsletters, Law Firm Directory and Legal News
... of the world's major deals and the legal advisers involved, and a global news round-up. ILO is the official online media partner to the International ...

International Space Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7,706.6 m/s (27,743.8 km/h, 17,239.2 mph) The International Space Station ( ISS ) is a habitable artificial satellite in low Earth orbit . It ...

Melbourne International Comedy Festival review: Bridget Everett's Pound It provides R-rated belly laughs ...
... mum and dad motorboated. Reviewer rating: Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars Review: Ross Noble ★★★★ Review: Tom Green ★★★★ Full Melbourne International ...

4 rescued after small plane crashes at Mineta San Jose International Airport
A small plane made an emergency landing at Mineta San Jose International Airport this afternoon and the four people on board are uninjured.

New Suicide Squad International Trailer Released
A new international trailer for the upcoming DC Comics film, Suicide Squad, has been released [...]

Check Out The Best Vehicles From The New York International Auto Show
Check Out The Best Vehicles From The New York International Auto Show

Keshet International Cooks Up ‘Battle Of The Chefs’ As Key Mip-TV Offering
EXCLUSIVE : Keshet International will serve up new primetime format Battle Of The Chefs at next month’s Mip-TV market in Cannes. The series, ...

Qatar International Food Festival
Qatar International Food Festival (QIFF) eTurboNews H.E. Li Chen, Ambassador of the People's Republic of China to Qatar, attended the official ...

NYC International Auto Show: 2017 Nissan GTR
The infamous Nissan GTR receives some unique updates for 2017.

Japanese “scientific” expedition murders hundreds of pregnant whales in violation of international law ...
... per cent of them were pregnant. Read the rest of Japanese “scientific” expedition murders hundreds of pregnant whales in violation of international ...