how to install international locales?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi

how do I install international locales like Chinese, Japanese, and
French on my p630 running AIX 5.2?  The machine currently only has C,
POSIX, and en_US locales (from the locale -a command).

thanks
Victor
0
Reply vilee (8) 12/24/2003 1:47:48 AM

See related articles to this posting

vilee@amdocs.com (Victor Lee) wrote in message news:<5ddb7fa1.0312231747.25caa266@posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> how do I install international locales like Chinese, Japanese, and
> French on my p630 running AIX 5.2?  The machine currently only has C,
> POSIX, and en_US locales (from the locale -a command).
>
> thanks
> Victor

smitty mle_add_lang

Steve
0
Reply steve9035 (402) 12/24/2003 2:23:06 PM

thanks Steve.  I did the smitty mle_add_lang command on the
Traditional Chinese (zh_TW) locale.  The installation succeeded, but
when I go to the CDE login screen and choose Options->Language->zh_TW
no Chinese characters come up (it's still English).  When I log in,
the locale command still shows en_US as the locale.  When I manually
set LANG and LC_ALL environment variables to zh_TW and then fire up a
dtterm, I get a message saying "Missing charsets in string to fontset
conversion" and the dtterm menus show junk characters.  How can I fix
this?

thanks
Victor

steve@wakefieldrfc.freeserve.co.uk (Steve Nottingham) wrote in message news:<42862645.0312240623.1162fa44@posting.google.com>...
> vilee@amdocs.com (Victor Lee) wrote in message news:<5ddb7fa1.0312231747.25caa266@posting.google.com>...
> > Hi
> >
> > how do I install international locales like Chinese, Japanese, and
> > French on my p630 running AIX 5.2?  The machine currently only has C,
> > POSIX, and en_US locales (from the locale -a command).
> >
> > thanks
> > Victor
>
> smitty mle_add_lang
>
> Steve
0
Reply vilee (8) 12/29/2003 11:24:09 PM
comp.unix.aix 10882 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

install locale zh_TW.BIG5 after solaris 5.8 installation
Dear all, I have forgotton to install the locale zh_TW.BIG5 into the machine during the initial installation through the CD. Then I add the locale manaual AFTER the installation. The locale can successful be installation as viewed by locale -a However, when invoked the daemon using LC_ALL=zh_TW.BIG5 LANG=zh_TW.BIG5 export LC_ALL export JAVA_LIBRARY_ export LANG ...

urgent: install locale zh_TW.BIG5 after solaris 5.8 installation
Dear all, I have forgotton to install the locale zh_TW.BIG5 into the machine during the initial installation through the CD 5.8. Then I add the locale manaual AFTER the installation. The locale can successful be installed as viewed by locale -a However, when invoked the daemon using LC_ALL=zh_TW.BIG5 LANG=zh_TW.BIG5 export LC_ALL export LANG The deamon state the error with cannot set locale correctly. Would there be any method to install the locale after the OS installation? Paul ...

"pip install PySide" fails from local Python installs
I've used pythonbrew, pythonz, and pyenv to install CPython 3.3.1, but all of them give me the same error when running "pip install PySide": error: Failed to locate the Python library /home/.../lib/libpython3.3m.so Is this a problem with PySide, or with the various local Python installers I've used? If I use the system version of pip, PySide installs just fine. ...

How to locally install Wordpress, Ubuntu 8.10 , XAMPP already installed.
Is it pretty easy to install locally Wordpress on a somewhat old Ubuntu (8.= 10), without disrupting the version of XAMMP that is already in place? I want to practice using Wordpress, and also I want to study the internals,= the PHP source code, to help learn how to develop. There are hundreds of examples of free php source codes out there, but the = quality is going to vary hugely, so without knowing anything about the web = site the source code example is supposed to support, it's hard to assess qu= ickly which examples are of value. Some have suggested learning by looking a...

Installation in a local directory
Hi y'all, I'm trying to perform a local install of python at work in my user directory. Everything compiles correctly, but I can't seem to tell the configure script the location of the bin and lib directories where I want my stuff. I've think I've passed the correct flags to the 'configure' script. make clean ../configure --enable-shared --prefix=/user/mcdaniel/arch32 make where arch32 contains the the lib and bin directories where I want my python stuff to go. Unfortunately these directories are not written to; everything ends up in the default location f...

rubygems local install
This is part question - part comment... I'm installing a local (non-root) gems. I've succeeded in doing this, however I had a problem I thought I might bring to the attention of the community. First.. installing on a Debian testing distro. Ruby installed via apt-get. following these instructions.. <http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/3#page83> when doing install step.. (ruby setup.rb install) I kept getting a directory not found error related to line 71 of "rubygems-0.9.0/post-install.rb". ( Dir.chdir("pkgs/sources") do ) when I changed this line to...

local TeX installations
Hi, I'm adding a local path to my TeX setup but it doesn't seem to see the files i've installed into it. The local ($TEXMFLOCAL) path is: /rain/local/texmf/ with the following subdirectories: /rain/local/texmf/tex/latex/beamer/ I've modified the `texmf.cnf' to have the following lines: %unmodified, given for reference TEXMFMAIN = /usr/share/texmf %modified from /usr/share/local/texmf TEXMFLOCAL = /rain/local/texmf TEXMF = {$HOMETEXMF, $TEXMFLOCAL, !!$TEXMFMAIN} Where I removed the !! from $TEXMFLOCAL to get it to search the disk rather than having to texhash ea...

Installing Locale files
Hi I am trying to install the locale files on HP-UX hewlett B.11.11. Could someone tell me where i could find these files .. I am looking for all these files .. Thanks Ilaiy ...

How to install a gem locally ?
Hello, I'm developing a ruby gem that I would like to build and install LOCALLY so that I could use it in some other projects. The commands I use are: gem build gemname.gemspec gem install gemnane-0.0.1.gem But I think that my gem is not correctly installed because this command gives me an empty list: gem contents gemname In my gemspec, I use: s.files = `git ls-files`.split("\n") What's wrong in my gem install process ? Thank you ! Fabrice -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Hej Fabrice, do you have the source online some where? ...

Installation of local database
I have installed SQL Sever 2000 on my Windows XP Pro machine from the Enterprise Edition setup and it prompts you that only the client tools can be installed. I wanted to have a local database as well So what install should I have used to do so. Any information would greatly be appreciated. (cjayp@yahoo.com) writes: > I have installed SQL Sever 2000 on my Windows XP Pro machine from the > Enterprise Edition setup and it prompts you that only the client tools > can be installed. I wanted to have a local database as well So what > install should I have used to do so. Any infor...

Internal Modem installation
hai iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how to install internal modem driver in linux pc (Fedora) jafar mg Take a look at: http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Modem-HOWTO.html Or find modem in that web page (for more specific modem config): http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html Jean Jafar wrote: > hai > > iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how to install internal > modem driver in linux pc (Fedora) > > jafar mg > Jafar wrote on Tuesday 15 Mar 2005 12:23: > hai > > iam a beginner please give me the guidlines how...

how do you install a local gem?
Hi, I downloaded the file: wxruby-1.9.4-universal-darwin.gem.tar How do I install that? When I try to untar it with this command: tar -xvf /Users/me/Desktop/wxruby-1.9.4-universal-darwin.gem.tar I get the error: data.tar.gz tar: Read 3501 bytes from /Users/autie/Desktop/wxruby-1.9.4-universal-darwin.gem.tar tar: Unexpected EOF in archive tar: Unexpected EOF in archive tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now And even if I did untar it, I don't know how to install it. I install a remote gem like this: $ gem install -r wxruby If it is a local file, do I just cd to the directory ...

rubygems local install?
Hi, I'm trying to use a .gem on a machine that I do not have root permissions on. I've been following http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowToUseMultipleGemRepositories to install gem locally, but no matter what I do I always seem to end up with: "/gem:9:in `require': no such file to load -- rubygems (LoadError)". Here are the steps I'm taking: mef@pronbox:~$ cd /home/mef mef@pronbox:~$ mkdir /home/mef/ruby mef@pronbox:~$ mkdir /home/mef/ruby/geminstall mef@pronbox:~$ mkdir /home/mef/ruby/gems mef@pronbox:~$ export GEM_HOME=/home/mef/ruby/gems mef@pronbox:...

installing tcl locally
Hi, I'm not allowed to install the TCL package on to the system, but I am allowed to install binaries in my own homedir or subdir. Is it possible to put all necessary binaries and packages in that one dir, so it works 'locally' ? What are the tcl components that are necessary to run tcl scripts? Leo Leonardo schrieb: > Hi, > > I'm not allowed to install the TCL package on to the system, but I am > allowed to install binaries in my own homedir or subdir. > > Is it possible to put all necessary binaries and packages in that one dir, > so it work...

Installing locales for strftime()
Hi, by definition, strftime() uses the previous setlocale() calls to determine which language to use in returning strings such as week days or month names, depending on the given format. Now, my system seems not to have the necessary packages installed, since I always get "Monday" and "March" etc. whichever language I specify. (No help needed for specifying languages, since gettext() works without problems, which means setlocale() went fine). I tried installing some packages from the Internet, but these are only for KDE language support, and they seem not to have impact ...

Local Oracle installation
I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 on my home computer so that I can learn a bit about the database (I've specifically selected version 8.1.6.0.0 because it's the version of a database used at work...). When I run the Oracle installer it doesn't give me the option to create a new database, and alI the guides setup I've managed go find say that the installer will prompt me to create a database. Why don't I get this option? I'm using a standalone pc (at home) that doesn't have access to any existing Oracle databases on a network, so I need a loc...

Local FTP Install
I've used FreeBSD since 2.2.5-RELEASE way back in 1997 and always installed by saving the iso image on my main FreeBSD server, mounting the iso file so it could be seen by an FTP user and then booting the other machine with floppies and installing via FTP pointing to the other FreeBSD server. But alas, this does not seem to work anymore. I know it's tricky to get the paths just right but when I get everything right I get the error message which says it cannot install the base from this server. I'm pretty sure I'm following the same procedure that served me well f...

Installing Locale files
Hi I am trying to install the locale files on HP-UX hewlett B.11.11. Could someone tell me where i could find these files .. I am looking for all these files .. Thanks Ilaiy Found it is in the APCD .. Thanks Ilaiy ...

Local module installation
Hi, I'm starting to develop a Web application in Python for the first time. I am considering some modules like SQLObject and Validators (by Ian Bicking). The problem is, i'm planning to host the site on a shared hosting provider with mod_python, and therefore I can't install the modules site-wide. My question is: How do I install the (distutils-packaged) modules inside my WWW root in order for them to be found when I try to import them? I have a config.py script on my WWW root that is imported on every other script. As you can see I'm quite a n00b with this (coming from PHP)...

installing an internal modem
i got redhat 9 and I wanna install my internal 56K. Till now I've been accessing the internet with my LAN, but now I wish to do so with my 56K (it's an internal modem). I'm having trouble installing my modem; to be exact, rh can't find it. What could the device be? /dev/??? Or is that wrong? Any help? PS. I'll be getting an ADSL soon, and I would like to know if it is hard to install. To be exact (again), it will be installed in such a way (in some other computer in the LAN) so that all computers in the LAN can use the ADSL. Is it still easy to use? On Sat, 6...

User installed local printer
A little background: Windows 2000 network with all Win2000 or XP Pro workstations. Statewide locactions with a radious of 200+ miles. Many small branches with no Administrators or Power Users on site. Many printers are IP printers installed at local printers at the workstation. Corporate policy prohibits allowing the end user to log in as Administrator or Power User. Is there a way to connect remotely and install a local printer or IP printer? Yesterday, out of desparation, I had a user log in as me and connected remotely to install an IP printer (I immediately changed my password), but ...

Local kde install with konstruct
Hi, I've installed kde 3.4 with konstruct on my local home ($HOME/kde3.4.1). I have no root privileges on this computer, which already has kde 3.1 (and I use it). Currently kde 3.1 starts automatically after login. What do I have to do to use the kde I've installed? Do I have simply to define the kde path on my .cshrc and then, at the new login, kde 3.4 will start? Any other suggestion? Do you suggest me to keep my .kde dir (which, in any case, I've backupped) or use a new one? Thanks, Stefano ...

International installation of Mountain Lion
I have a Hispanic friend who's thinking of getting a new Mac. Presumably it will come with the English-language system pre-installed. Bearing in mind that Mountain Lion doesn't come with an install disk, how easy is it going to be for him to install a Spanish-language system? (I might add that as a preliminary, I tried using the International System Preference on my own Macs [Tiger & Snow Leopard] to see what the result might be. It did a very half-arsed job, leaving half the menu items in English even after a restart.) Paul Magnussen Paul Magnussen <magi...

Trouble doing local instal of rubygems
I'm trying to do a local install of ruby gems on a Redhat box and get this: Nothing I've tried helps and I'll never get access to /usr/lib/ruby . I've seen this problem mentioned a couple of times in Google but no explanation. Any help appreciated, its very frustrating. Thanks -bash-2.05b$ ruby setup.rb all --prefix=/home/Dayerstt/rubygems ---> bin <--- bin ---> lib ---> lib/rubygems <--- lib/rubygems <--- lib ---> bin <--- bin ---> lib ---> lib/rubygems <--- lib/rubygems <--- lib rm -f InstalledFiles ---> bin mkdir -p /home/Dayerstt...