moving xlc 5.0.1 on aix 4.3 to aix 5.2?

We are upgrading our B50 with AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2
We currently use C for AIX xlc 5.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3.

I remember reading xlc 5.0.2 is required to be used for
AIX 5.2. Does this mean we have to purchase a new
compiler, or is there an upgrade available.

thank you
sol
0
sol (252)
5/5/2004 8:34:17 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

sol gongola wrote:
 > We are upgrading our B50 with AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2
 > We currently use C for AIX xlc 5.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3.
 >
 > I remember reading xlc 5.0.2 is required to be used for
 > AIX 5.2. Does this mean we have to purchase a new
 > compiler, or is there an upgrade available.

Just install updates.  You should be at a 5.0.2.9 compiler level
anyway, although that version is out of support.  The
compiler is the compiler, and if you've got a version 5
license, it should be good on any release of AIX, AFAIK.
YMMV, though.

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX PartnerWorld for Developers / These opinions are MINE
nospam5818 (273)

Web resources about - moving xlc 5.0.1 on aix 4.3 to aix 5.2? - comp.unix.aix

Moving Picture Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Moving Picture Institute ( MPI ) is an American non-profit organization and film production company founded in 2005 by human rights advocate ...

Facebook’s Fitness Apps Keep Users Moving With The Help Of Open Graph
The joy of working out with a Facebook-connected application is that even if you’re not jogging or cycling with someone in person, you can have ...

Seven-year-old forced to chase moving Metro train at Newport after doors shut
A seven-year-old boy was left chasing a moving train while his terrified parents and other passengers in the carriage tried to desperately alert ...

Michael Klim talks break-ups, loss and moving on
HE MIGHT have a goofy laugh and a laid-back demeanour, but Michael Klim is, by his own admission, a control freak.

Seven-year-old forced to chase moving Metro train at Newport after doors shut
A seven-year-old boy was left chasing a moving train while his terrified parents and other passengers in the carriage tried to desperately alert ...

Brussels attack: Islamic State is moving the battle and Australia must be prepared
Islamic State has been losing territory in Iraq and Syria, so now it's moving the battle to where it can inflict some hurt. Australia hasn't ...

Google moving from Fremont to huge new South Lake Union space
Vulcan on Thursday announced it will develop four new office buildings for Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) on Valley Street across from Lake Union Park ...

NFL executives say Bills should get moving on new stadium
Commissioner Roger Goodel and owners of other NFL teams believe it’s imperative that the Bills have a new stadium.

Defense officials moving to increase U.S. forces in Iraq
Pentagon announcement comes as defense secretary says coalition is "systematically eliminating" ISIS' cabinet

Why the Browns should explore moving Joe Thomas to a contender
The NFL's annual league meetings begin this week. Will the Browns use them to explore moving Joe Thomas to a contender like Seattle or Carolina? ...