Mozilla 1.6 on AIX

Hello,
I've been using Mozilla for over a year now..when I installed 1.6 for
AIX 4.3.3, I run it and get the following message:

nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
[...]

I tried 1.6b, same thing. 1.5 works fine. I tried searching around to
see if there was something new required here, but found nothing.
I don't have a AIX5.1 machine to test the 5.1 version. Any suggestions?

Ken

0
yoyo8446 (31)
1/23/2004 2:31:52 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

73blazer <yoyo@ma.com> wrote:
b> Hello,
b> I've been using Mozilla for over a year now..when I installed 1.6 for
b> AIX 4.3.3, I run it and get the following message:

b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
[...]

b> I tried 1.6b, same thing. 1.5 works fine. I tried searching around to
b> see if there was something new required here, but found nothing.
b> I don't have a AIX5.1 machine to test the 5.1 version. Any suggestions?

On my Debian machine, that library is:

	/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libgfx_gtk.so

Perhaps LIBPATH isn't set correctly in the mozilla wrapper?

Regards,

Nicholas

--
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
  3.1.3  NetNews Guidelines

Nicholas Dronen wrote:
> 73blazer <yoyo@ma.com> wrote:
> b> Hello,
> b> I've been using Mozilla for over a year now..when I installed 1.6 for
> b> AIX 4.3.3, I run it and get the following message:
>
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>
> b> I tried 1.6b, same thing. 1.5 works fine. I tried searching around to
> b> see if there was something new required here, but found nothing.
> b> I don't have a AIX5.1 machine to test the 5.1 version. Any suggestions?
>
> On my Debian machine, that library is:
>
> 	/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libgfx_gtk.so
>
> Perhaps LIBPATH isn't set correctly in the mozilla wrapper?
>
> Regards,
>
> Nicholas

0
yoyo8446 (31)
1/23/2004 10:29:15 PM
73blazer <yoyo@ma.com> wrote:

b> Nicholas Dronen wrote:
>> 73blazer <yoyo@ma.com> wrote:
>> b> Hello,
>> b> I've been using Mozilla for over a year now..when I installed 1.6 for
>> b> AIX 4.3.3, I run it and get the following message:
>>
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>> b> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
>> b> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>>
>> b> I tried 1.6b, same thing. 1.5 works fine. I tried searching around to
>> b> see if there was something new required here, but found nothing.
>> b> I don't have a AIX5.1 machine to test the 5.1 version. Any suggestions?
>>
>> On my Debian machine, that library is:
>>
>>       /usr/lib/mozilla/components/libgfx_gtk.so
>>
>> Perhaps LIBPATH isn't set correctly in the mozilla wrapper?

b> That library is there, in mozilla/components, just like on your Linux
b> box, it is also there in 1.5.  I've tried manually adding it to the
b> libpath and path, but to no avail. I think it is something in the way
b> whoever build the 1.6 for AIX4.3.3 installation is being built...

Please don't top post (see the RFC below for how to respond to
USENET posts).  It reduces others' ability to understand and respond
to threads.

If you're using AIX 5.x, you might be able to use truss to figure
out where the mozilla process is looking for the library.  On the
other hand, AIX doesn't use the standard open(), mmap(), close(),
sequence that most other UNIXes use.  Instead it uses a single
__loadx call, and truss -- for whatever reason -- doesn't unpack
the load structure argument for you to see which files it's working
with.

Note to Gary Hook: this should be PMR'ed, if it hasn't already. :-)
What good is truss if you can't use it to see what files the loader's
playing with?

Regards,

Nicholas

--
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
  3.1.3  NetNews Guidelines
0
ndronen (300)
1/23/2004 11:06:35 PM
Nicholas Dronen wrote:

> Note to Gary Hook: this should be PMR'ed, if it hasn't already. :-)
> What good is truss if you can't use it to see what files the loader's
> playing with?

It wouldn't do you any good.  Only the top-level file is handed to
the loader, and the loader reads the header in the file to find the
dependents.  So, dump -Hv is going to do you just as well.  Actually,
ldd would be even better, if you can recreate the library search path.

I think the above problem is due to a missing dependent.  Use
dump -Hv and perform an exhaustive search on the entire dependency
tree.

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX PartnerWorld for Developers / These opinions are MINE

nospam5818 (273)
1/29/2004 6:39:05 PM
73blazer wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been using Mozilla for over a year now..when I installed 1.6 for
> AIX 4.3.3, I run it and get the following message:
>
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with
> error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>
> I tried 1.6b, same thing. 1.5 works fine. I tried searching around to
> see if there was something new required here, but found nothing.
> I don't have a AIX5.1 machine to test the 5.1 version. Any suggestions?
>
> Ken

Perhaps you need some goodies from http://www.gtk.org/ as per
http://www.mozilla.org/build/unix-details.html .

Greg.
0
no18 (4537)

fuser functionality seems to have changed in AIX 6.1 TL8 and AIX 7.1
Hi AIX Gurus, Our company has some scripts that are used to check if users are logged int= o a specific directory or file system, and the script uses the fuser comman= d. What we do is look at the PIDs listed in "fuser ${pathname}" to determine w= hich users are accessing what files. This is done so we can do maintenance = at times. We make sure all users are out of the directory, have a method to= keep them out, then do our backups or maintenance or whatever. The problem we are encountering is with AIX 6.1 TL8 and above. It seems tha= t IBM may have made a change so that a non-root user can only see their own= PIDs when running fuser, and not all of the PIDs associated with that path= .. Example from AIX 5.1, 5.3, and early 6.1 systems: # whoami office1 # oslevel -s=20 6100-06-01-1043 # fuser -u /qc/sample /qc/sample: 2490476c(postgres) 5767176c(postgres) 6094882c(postgres) 67504= 34c(postgres) 6815922c(postgres) 7143588c(postgres) 7471358c(postgres) 7799= 036c(postgres) 8913140c(postgres) 11600120c(postgres) 11731066c(1008) 12976= 256c(postgres) 13303960c(postgres) 13500622c(postgres) 13566180c(postgres) = 13893696c(postgres) 15138826c(postgres) 15466614c(postgres) 16842792c(postg= res) 18153666c(1009) 18612404c(postgres) 18743530c(postgres) 19071062c(1010= ) 19202252c(postgres) 19267626c(postgres) 19595344c(postgres) 20709580c(pos= tgres) 20840526c(postgres) 23658578c(postgres) 23986214c(postgres) 25100526= c(postgres) 2...

AIX 5.1 / VAC 6.0 vs AIX 5.2 / patched VAC 6.0
Hi everybody, I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined in the above libraries). According to IBM support: - AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 with lattest patch is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.00 base version (ie without any patch) isn't a supported platform (!!!!) I don't know wether this issue is due to to missing compilation/link flags or to a binary incompatibility with the libraries I am using. Here are the flags I am using in my makefil if it helps: -+ -qfloat=nomaf -qxflag=NLOOPING -O -DNDEBUG Is anybody aware of this issue, ie was such an incompatibility to be expected ? Any information, hints or suggestions are welcome... Thanks, -- benjamin Benjamin Ratiarisolo wrote: > I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX > 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. > This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age > C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. > > Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined > in the above libraries). There have been issues with mangling, but since you don't actually list any of your link error...

Users Account Migration from AIX 5L to AIX 6.1
Hi to all, We have an older server and try to move the content to a new LPAR on another machine. We install all the necessary s/w to new server, and now it is time to copy the web content to the new server. However at this point, we want to keep the ownership, group, history information for those files. That's why we use the -p option of scp. However, all the necessary account information should also exist in the new system as well, o.w. we will see just user and group id's instead of their names. How can we handle this issue? I mean, the best practice is to copy the passwd, group and some other files under security folder (opasswd, ouser, etc.) to the new server? Or is there any practical import/export mechanism in AIX? Thanks for you help, best regards -koc On Jun 24, 1:25 am, koc <metin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi to all, > > We have an older server and try to move the content to a new LPAR on > another machine. We install all the necessary s/w to new server, and > now it is time to copy the web content to the new server. However at > this point, we want to keep the ownership, group, history information > for those files. That's why we use the -p option of scp. However, all > the necessary account information should also exist in the new system > as well, o.w. we will see just user and group id's instead of their > names. How can we handle this issue? I mean, the best practice is to > copy the passwd, group and some ...

pthreads/dlopen issue when building krb-1.6.3 on AIX 6.1?
I'm attempting to build MIT Kerberos version 1.6.1 on AIX 6.1. I'm mostly in need of the client libraries and utilities. I'm using the following special additions to the build environment: $ export PTHREAD_LIBS="-lpthread" $ export RPATH_FLAG="-Wl,-brtl,-blibpath:" I'm using the following ./configure command: $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/krb5-1.6.3 --enable-log-preauth-logins --enable-login-print-issue --with-multihomed-fixes --enable-app-proxy --with-passive-mode-off --without-anonymous-ftp And I get the following results when I run it: [snip] configure: enabling thread support checking for pthread_join in LIBS=-lpthread with CFLAGS=... yes checking for joinable pthread attribute... unknown configure: WARNING: we do not know how to create joinable pthreads checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... -D_THREAD_SAFE checking for cc_r... cc_r configure: PTHREAD_CC = cc_r configure: PTHREAD_CFLAGS = -D_THREAD_SAFE configure: PTHREAD_LIBS = -lpthread checking for pthread_once... yes checking for pthread_rwlock_init... yes configure: rechecking with PTHREAD_... options checking for pthread_rwlock_init in -lc... yes checking for library containing dlopen... none required checking keyutils.h usability... no checking keyutils.h presence... no checking for keyutils.h... no configure: disabling static libraries confi...

Folks wanting to migrate AIX 5.3 ( with TCB Enabled) to AIX 6.1 and create WPAR
Greetings!!! Running AIX5.3 with TCB enabled and wanted to migrate to AIX6.1 to exploit AIX6.1 by creating WPAR was not possible. Here is a way to acheive that (if you are still on AIX5.3): 0. Modify PdAt for TCB_STATE (Make a copy of PdAt): i.e. odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt | sed 's/tcb_enabled/ tcb_disabled/' | odmchange -o PdAt -q attribute=TCB_STATE 1. Migrate AIX5.3 to AIX6.1 Migration (Install) would pick up TCB_STATE and populate /usr/lpp/bos/ inst_root. 2. Create WPAR. Have not noticed any consequences, though testing was limited. -Khatir These are my personal opinions. ...

FYI: AIX 6.1 Installation from a lower AIX version using NIM or NIMOL ( NIM on Linux )
AIX 6.1 Installation from a lower AIX version using NIM or NIMOL ( NIM on Linux ) *Introduction In case you need to install an AIX OS over the network you need normally a AIX machine at the same AIX level and a configured NIM environment or a linux machine serving NIM functions (NIMOL). NIMOL RPM Packages ( Fits also for aix 5.3 ) The AIX 6.1 base installation contains a directory ./RPMS/linux ( The 5.3 as well and about 5.2 i do not know ) This directory contains the files for a NIMOL installation - XML-LibXML-1.58-1.i386.rpm - libxml2-2.6.17-4.i586.rpm - nimol-1.0-4.noarch.rpm - osinstall-1.0-1.noarch.rpm and the SPOT and KERNEL for the given aix version ( aix-res-..... ) in the - aix-res-6100-00-1.0-1.aix5.3.noarch.rpm Where the aix-res contains the following files. - Boot kernel - /opt/aix-res/6100-00/booti.chrp.mp.ent.Z - Bosinst.data - /opt/aix-res/6100-00/bosinst.data - SPOT - /opt/aix-res/6100-00/ispot.tar.Z * Using NIMOL to install AIX 6.1 For an introduction to NIMOL and BASIC NIMOL configuration ( No resources are configured ) please read: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-install-aix.html#instlinim For creating installation resources i suggest the following IBM documentation because other information found on the iNet ( search nimol ) mention that you need a mksysb what is not correct imho. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/scope/aix/topic/com.ibm.aix.cmds/doc/aixcmds4/nimol_config.htm * Create a NIMOL resource Sin...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #6
Wasn't really the solution I came up with; but it worked. You might be correct since now the OpenSSL binaries will not build against the Kerberos libraries currently. libssl and libcrypto build fine along with everything else; but the actual openssl binary fails. Phil, Have you successfully linked OpenSSL with the new Kerberos libraries ? Thanks, Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Sam Hartman [mailto:hartmans@mit.edu] Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:18 AM To: Saxon, Lamar Cc: pgp@psu.edu; kerberos@MIT.EDU Subject: Re: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 Do you really want rtl as a linker flag? Isn't that going to be an issue for people linking against the kerberos libraries. Why is that the right solution? Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Create a multiboot (AIX 4.3.3
Hi Gurus, We develop software on AIX. We have one system (43P 150). The software we support is in transition and we have to support both AIX 4.3.3.0 and AIX 5.1 for some time. I have one large hard disk (73 GB) and two small hard disks (9 GB each). Is it possible to create a multiple boot system? How would I do that? Can i have one part of the 73 GB HD in one boot and the other part in another boot? Thanks a lot in advance! PG .... have a look at alt_disk_install One of your 9gb-disks with AIX 4.3.3 and the other with 5.1 - now you can boot whatever os you want, only by change the bootlist PG wrote: > Hi Gurus, > > We develop software on AIX. We have one system (43P 150). The software > we support is in transition and we have to support both AIX 4.3.3.0 > and AIX 5.1 for some time. I have one large hard disk (73 GB) and two > small hard disks (9 GB each). Is it possible to create a multiple boot > system? How would I do that? Can i have one part of the 73 GB HD in > one boot and the other part in another boot? > > Thanks a lot in advance! > > PG In article <12d6f29a.0401300830.346fc2e9@posting.google.com>, PG <pg_promo@yahoo.com> wrote: >We develop software on AIX. We have one system (43P 150). The software >we support is in transition and we have to support both AIX 4.3.3.0 >and AIX 5.1 for some time. I have one large hard disk (73 GB) and two >small hard disks (9 GB each). Is it possible to create a mul...

AIX 6.1
Hi, Can someone provide me an URL to download AIX 6.1. Also, could you provide me supported PowerPC platforms of AIX 6.1. TIA, Prem On 06/24/2009 04:18 PM, Prem Sankar G wrote: > Hi, > Can someone provide me an URL to download AIX 6.1. Also, could you > provide me supported PowerPC platforms of AIX 6.1. > TIA, > Prem https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/ibm/aix6beta (small note: the beta program finished nearly 2 years ago) AIX 6.1 runs on systems based on POWER4™, PPC970, POWER5™ and the latest generation of POWER™ processor, POWER6. Niel On Jun 25, 2:18 am, Prem Sankar G <premsan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can someone provide me an URL to download AIX 6.1. Also, could you > provide me supported PowerPC platforms of AIX 6.1. > TIA, > Prem AIX is not OpenSource Henry schrieb: > On Jun 25, 2:18 am, Prem Sankar G <premsan...@gmail.com> wrote: > >>Hi, >> Can someone provide me an URL to download AIX 6.1. Also, could you >>provide me supported PowerPC platforms of AIX 6.1. >>TIA, >>Prem > > > AIX is not OpenSource but it could be "OpenBinary" :-) ...

AIX 4.1.5 for Clients vs. regular AIX 4.1.5
Hi, My IBM RS/6000 Notebook 860 portable workstation was originally packaged with IBM AIX Version 4.1.5 for Clients. Does anybody know the difference with the regular 4.1.5? Many thanks, Emeric -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG Emeric Maschino wrote: > Hi, > > My IBM RS/6000 Notebook 860 portable workstation was originally packaged > with IBM AIX Version 4.1.5 for Clients. Does anybody know the difference > with the regular 4.1.5? > > Many thanks, > > Emeric > > > -- > Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG can't remember for sure, I also had an Aix portable I seem to recall the difference being it lacked some server daemons, required less disk space and less memory than the "Server" versions. I think the early days of 4.2 also had a "clients" and "server" editions. Here is a link to additional info on your machine: http://www.nand.net/~rjhawkin/ppc850tp/IBM_Offering_for_860.html ...

Need to take mksysb backup of AIX 5.2 & 5.1 on AIX 5.1 Server.
Hi All Need docmented notes of step by step installing NIM Server on AIX 5.1 Server. Send me also documented notes on installing the NIM client for Aix 5.2 & 5.1. You can send the docs to prsanwal@gmail.com mail account. Awaiting your quick response. Warm Regards Prateek S How about go search IBM's web site and use the man pages... then if you get stuck, come back here and ask for help... We're not here to do your job for you. seriously! jeez prateek... have a little tact man! you want us to find you a bunch of documentation and mail it to you? and quickly? come on dude... show a little initiative... at least TRY to figure it out by yourself first, and evidence that by posting what you have tried and what happened. i know man pages suck ass (it honestly seems sometimes like they're TRYing to be vague and indirect sometimes). and i know ibm's website is ridiculously, monumentaly unorganized. but shit man, have you have heard of google? or askjeeves? i just searched for "installing NIM server on AIX" on google and found like 12,000 results! i know you come from a different culture where people may act a bit more... direct... in the workplace, but when you post a post like that, where you obviously havent even tried to find out yourself, you want people to find you documentation and EMAIL it to you, and you tell them to be QUICK? shit dude... not really how it works around here. btw- no one can see your email address in case you didnt know...

XLF 6.1 on AIX 5.1. Can it be done? Libary issues.
Hi guys, I'm a newbie trying to learn AIX administration so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I got a used RS6000 and it has AIX 5.1. I have the original AIX 5.1 CDs. I also got an original unopened package of XLF 6.1. I used to use XLF 6.1 at work and I thought we were running it on AIX 5.1, but when I installed it on the RS6000 at home, I ran into trouble. The install was successful (although I did have to install bos.adt.libm from the AIX CD1, but I got that figured out). But when I try to compile/link something, it gives an error. The error says it could not load libxlf90.a. The book says to export the right LIBPATH blah blah blah, but I don't think that'll do it. In fact, I don't think it should be necessary. If I look at /usr/lib/libxlf90.a I find it is a link to /usr/lpp/xlf/lib/libxlf90.a That, in turn, is a link to /usr/lpp/xlf/lib/aix51/libxlf90.a BUT, the aix51 directory does not exist. No surprise. XLF 6.1 came out before AIX 5.1 I think. There is an aix41, aix42, and aix43 directory. So, in short, is there an update to the library for aix51, or maybe XLF 6.1 really can't be supported on AIX 5.1 and I need to purchase a more recent version of XLF? Any input would be helpful. Thanks, Dave In article <41987169.MD-1.4.4.M.Kraemer@gsi.de>, M.Kraemer@gsi.de says... > how about faking/adding some links ? > I tried changing the link to point to aix43/libxlf90.a instead, but I guess it knew the file wasn...

OraTcl45 on AIX 6.1
Bingo... I finally compiled Oratcl-4.5 on AIX :) AIX-6.1 = 64bits, I do not care 32bits softwares run on AIX-64 :) You need: - gcc (I did the installation via rpm) http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Gcc - all dependencies for gcc - rpm - unzip - oratcl45 - tcl-8.X (I used tcl-8.4.7) - oracle client (I used instantclient-basiclite-aix.ppc32-11.2.0.3.0.zip form Oracle website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/aix5l32soft-096141.html, no 6.1, so I used for 5L) The Work: - install rpm, gcc, unzip, tcl - unzip instantclient and copy it to /somewhere_in_aix/clientoracle32/lib/ - untar oratcl45 - cd oratcl45 - ./configure --disable-shared (to be portable without the need to install the gcc rpms on the prod machine) - make - make install - start tcl to test tcl> set ::env(ORACLE_HOME) /somewhere_in_aix/clientoracle32 /somewhere_in_aix/clientoracle32 # oracle version to be use tcl> set ::env(ORACLE_SID) 10.2 10.2 tcl> package require Oratcl 4.5 tcl> exit - put in your .profile (ksh) export ORACLE_HOME=/somewhere_in_aix/clientoracle32 export ORACLE_SID=10.2 The library is a 32bits but it runs on 64bits AIX > dump -ov -X 32_64 libOratcl4.5.a libOratcl4.5.a[oratcl.o]: ***Object Module Header*** # Sections Symbol Ptr # Symbols Opt Hdr Len Flags 3 0x0000572c 352 0 0x0000 Flags=( DEP_SYSTEM ) Timestamp = "Oct 18 ...

AIX 6.1 kload()
Hi Everyone, My application has one executable: example.exe one library:libcapt.so libcapt.so links to libsub.so. example.exe loads libcapt.so using dlopen(). libcapt.so and libsub.so has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. /opt/example/lib - contains 32 bit versions /opt/example64/lib - contains 64 bit versions. I have two AIX 6.1 setups where I am seeing a difference in loading libcapt.so library. LIBPATH="/opt/example/lib:/opt/example64/lib" is exported on both machines. Just before dlopen() call I am doing chdir() to /opt/example64/lib path. Problem: While loading libcapt.so on MC2, i am getting bad magic number error and loading library fails. on this machine it is trying load libsub.so from /opt/example/lib 32 bit directory. Below are truss output findings on both machines: On MC1: kload("/opt/simpana/Base64/libCvIbsad.so", 17367680, "") = 648518346072921824 Here no LIBPATh is passed to kload(). On MC2: kload("/opt/example64/lib/libcapt.so", 17367680, "/opt/example/lib:/opt/example64/lib:/usr/lib") = 0 Here, I am receiving bad magic number error as it is referring libsub.so from /opt/example/lib while loading libcapt.so. 1. I am calling dlopen(), will it call kload() on AIX? 2. any idea why LIBPATH is not being passed to kload() in MC1? If I set the LIBPATH to /opt/example64/lib, it works fine in MC2. But I could not understand why it is not failing on MC1. The only ...

AIX 6.1 automount ?
hello world, I'm loading a shiny new P6 server with AIX 6.1. Went fine so far, but now it seems the automounter hangs. I copied functional /etc/auto* files over to the new machine, but it seems automount hangs even before it looks at those files, when I'm trying to start it manually: # /usr/sbin/automount -m -v -f /etc/foo.bar automount: Using automount master map as file /etc/foo.bar it doesn't even complain about the non-existing file, just waits forever. ??? On Jun 15, 11:04 pm, Michael Kraemer <M.Krae...@gsi.de> wrote: > hello world, > > I'm loading a shiny new P6 server with AIX 6.1. > Went fine so far, but now it seems the automounter hangs. > I copied functional /etc/auto* files over to the new machine, > but it seems automount hangs even before it looks at those files, > when I'm trying to start it manually: > > # /usr/sbin/automount -m -v -f /etc/foo.bar > automount: Using automount master map as file /etc/foo.bar > > it doesn't even complain about the non-existing file, > just waits forever. > > ??? Are you on the latest AIX 6.1 ML level ? The IBM support database gives a few hits regarding automount. Thus i would update to the latest OS level $oslevel -s 6100-00-04-0815 cheers Hajo Hajo Ehlers schrieb: > > Are you on the latest AIX 6.1 ML level ? > The IBM support database gives a few hits regarding automount. Thus i > would update to the latest OS level > $osleve...

RBAC in AIX 6.1
Hello all I have one remaining question regarding RBAC since we will start migrating to AIX 6.1 in Q4 of 2008. Since we are using LDAP users, does this mean that whenever you give a role to an LDAP user, the LDAP user gets the role for all AIX 6.1 LPARS? What I am currently searching for is a replacement for SUDO, which allows you to grant access to command A on node X but not on node Y. So my question is, is this granularity possible with RBAC in AIX 6.1, giving f.e. the FSChange role to LDAP user X where user X can do FSChange related commands on node A but node on node B? Thanks a lot! ...

AIO on AIX 6.1
Hi, On AIX 6.1, smitty aio doen't how is managed AIO on AIX 6.1 ? Thanks in advance On May 5, 9:37=A0pm, "bob123" <bob...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > On AIX 6.1, smitty aio doen't > how is managed AIO on AIX 6.1 ? > A iNet search leads to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/index.jsp?topic=3D/com.ibm= ..aix.prftungd/doc/prftungd/async_io.htm and the ioo command cheers Hajo bob123 wrote: > On AIX 6.1, smitty aio doen't > how is managed AIO on AIX 6.1 ? It's all automagic now. You don't have to configure it like you used to on 5.x. -- Gary R. Hook ________________________________________________________________________ Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit On May 6, 3:16=A0pm, "Gary R. Hook" <obfusc...@nospam.net> wrote: > bob123 wrote: > > On AIX 6.1, smitty aio doen't > > how is managed AIO on AIX 6.1 ? > > It's all automagic now. =A0You don't have to configure it like you > used to on 5.x. > > -- > Gary R. Hook > ________________________________________________________________________ > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Vo= catus atque non vocatus deus aderit However if you really really want to change things they are now kernel options with these default values # ioo -a|grep aio aio_active =3D 0 aio_maxreqs =3D 65536 aio_maxse...

jruby 1.6 on AIX
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Today I download jruby 1.6. I actually downloaded the source code and the binary version. I thought that the binary version only requires that certain files be placed on a specific location. I also did not find installation instructions. The README file briefly talks about building jruby with *ant*. Where can I find instructions that can tell me where to place the binary that I downloaded? Thank you -- Ruby Student Hi, did you take a look at that page ? http://kenai.com/projects/jruby/pages/GettingSt...

purchasing AIX 6.1?
I've got a P630 that I need to get AIX 6.1 installed on so I can update our software for our customers but can't find anyplace that is selling the O.S. (google searching came up with nothing). Any resellers out there that want to respond I'll give 'em a call as soon as I get their response. Or anybody who has a reseller that they trust, please post the resellers info and I'll contact them. Thanks. kevin ...

KRB5 1.4 vs. KRB5 1.3.6 on AIX 5.2 (fwd)
I have done some research on this problem. The host resolve code does not complete successfully. I have traced the error to the routine at /kerberos/mit/krb5-1.4/src/lib/krb5/os/dnsglue.c. In the routine a call is made to res_ninit to provide dns information for the kdc. res_ninit updates the structure at statbuf but overlays memory 72 bytes past the structure boundary. I have opened a problem with IBM on res_ninit. The problem is not yet resolved but IBM suggested using a malloc for the structure instead of static storage. I am trying to get IBM to correct the error in res_ninit. No resoultion yet. >Delivery-Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:15:05 -0600 >Return-Path: <owner-kerberos@lanl.gov> >X-Original-To: hgm@localhost.localdomain >Delivered-To: hgm@localhost.localdomain >Received: from localhost (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) > by moki.lanl.gov (Postfix) with ESMTP id 15AAB68739 > for <hgm@localhost.localdomain>; Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:15:05 -0600 > (MDT) >Received: from ccn-mail.lanl.gov [128.165.4.105] > by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.5) > for hgm@localhost.localdomain (single-drop); Thu, 21 Apr 2005 > 12:15:05 -0600 >(MDT) >Received: from ccn-mail.lanl.gov ([unix socket]) > by ccn-mail.lanl.gov (Cyrus v2.2.3-Red Hat 2.2.3-6.lanl) with > LMTP; Thu, 21 >Apr 2005 12:11:13 -0600 >X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2 >Received: from mailrelay3.lanl.gov (mail...

KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #2
I have seen several emails from different people over the last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore with the changes to shared libraries. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos >>>>> "Grant," == Grant, Martin <Martin.Grant@fmr.com> writes: Grant,> I have seen several emails from different people over the Grant,> last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to Grant,> compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the Grant,> problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume Grant,> that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the Grant,> case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore Grant,> with the changes to shared libraries. We no longer run AIX tests. Our donated AIX box was very old and slow, and its disk was in the process of dieing. If there's no one out there in the Kerberos development community who cares enough about AIX to get the betas, test them and send bug fixes, then yes, AIX support is going to be fairly bad. Kerberos is an open-source product; if you want it to work better on your pl...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #2
Exact same errors specifying --without-tcl. I removed the config.cache, config.log, and etc the reran configure. From my configure line - ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/kerberos --enable-dns-for-realm --without-tcl --with-vague-errors Then after make... making all in lib/rpc/unit-test... Target "all" is up to date. cc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -qhalt=e -O _THREAD_SAFE -c client.c cc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -qhalt=e -O _THREAD_SAFE -c rpc_test_clnt.c cc -L../../../lib -blibpath:/usr/local/kerberos/lib::/usr/lib:/lib -g -qhalt=e -O -D_THREAD_SAFE -o c nt client.o rpc_test_clnt.o -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support -lpthreads ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l k5crypto ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l com_err ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l krb5support ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 255. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. Any ot...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #3
Thanks. The problem also exist using GNU ld on AIX too. See below: make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src/lib/rpc' making all in lib/rpc/unit-test... make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src/lib/rpc/unit-test' cc -L../../../lib -blibpath:/usr/local/kerberos/lib::/usr/lib:/lib -g -qhalt=e -O -D_THREAD_SAFE -o client client. o rpc_test_clnt.o \ -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support -lpthreads ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l k5crypto ld:open(): No such file or directory ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l com_err ld:open(): No such file or directory ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l krb5support ld:open(): No such file or directory make[3]: *** [client] Error 255 make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src/lib/rpc/unit-test' make[2]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src/lib/rpc' make[1]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src/lib' make: *** [all-recurse] Error 1 root@aoctoolbox:/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src:> whence ld /usr/local/bin/ld root@aoctoolbox:/usr/sys/inst.images/MIT-Kerberos/krb5-1.6/5.3/src:> ld -v GNU ld version 2.16 Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Russ Al...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #5
Phil, Tested on AIX 5.3 TL05 SP4 with XLC++/XLC 8.0 and worked great ! I will be testing on AIX 5.2 TL09 SP3 and AIX 4.3 ML11 here shortly... Thanks for getting this figured out ! Also, appreciate the help from Sam and Martin who were working on it too... Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Phil Pishioneri [mailto:pgp@psu.edu] Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:35 PM To: Saxon, Lamar Cc: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: Re: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 I've gotten 1.5.x and 1.6 to build and run on AIX 5.2 (domain referral in 1.6 works nicely). So far I have only tested the client commands: klist, kvno, kinit, kdestroy. No 3rd party software tested yet, either. This was done with the IBM VisualAge C++ Professional / C for AIX Compiler, Version 6. The one major change: add LDFLAGS="-brtl" to configure. My configure line was (prefix edited): ./configure --without-krb4 --prefix=... CC=cc LDFLAGS=-brtl There was one problem during the 1.{5,6} builds (1.5 has a bug that's been documented already), it failed in making all in plugins/kdb/db2/libdb2/test... with ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l db ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. my quick&dirty fix for that was (starting in .../krb5-1.6/src/): cd lib ln -s ../plugins/kdb/db2/libdb2/libdb.so.1.1 libdb.so.1.1 ln -s libdb.so.1.1 libdb.so -Phil Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attac...

Web resources about - Mozilla 1.6 on AIX - comp.unix.aix

Mozilla Labs
Popcorn lets users link social media, news feeds, data visualizations and other content directly to moving images. The result is a new form of ...

Mozilla Tips
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the most popular browsers in the digital market today. The ongoing commitment of Mozilla to performance, privacy ...

Mozilla — Home of the Mozilla Project — mozilla.org
Mozilla Mission About Projects Get Involved We are Non-profit, for the good of the Web Different by Design Proudly non-profit Innovating for ...

Mozilla Festival - Open web developers, journalists and educators coming together to reinvent media on ...
Here’s a curated selection of #MozFest tweets and media, filtered for links, demos, interviews and documentation created by Mozilla Festival ...

Mozilla Ignite
Design and build apps for the faster, smarter internet of the future . Mozilla and the National Science Foundation invite you to take part in ...

Mozilla Links
Recent Firefox nightlies feature more bits from Australis, the new major theme update. This time, toolbar buttons have gone flat, featuring no ...

Mozilla Popcorn - Making video work like the web
mozilla Home Popcorn.js Popcorn Maker Learn Popcorn Blog What is POPCORN? Popcorn makes video work like the web. We create tools and programs ...

The Mozilla Blog - News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project
News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project