Multiple nfs mounts on same mount point ?

How is this possible ?

Two nfs mounts on  a same mount point ?

# df -k /mnt
Filesystem    1024-blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
apple:/home/data/media-server/DB2   384827392  27588984   93%
369128     6% /mnt
guava01-admin:/export/lpp_source/TSM   384827392  27588984   93%
369128     6% /mnt
0
imanuk2007 (44)
12/9/2008 10:41:15 AM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

invincible wrote:
> How is this possible ?
>
> Two nfs mounts on  a same mount point ?
>
> # df -k /mnt
> Filesystem    1024-blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
> apple:/home/data/media-server/DB2   384827392  27588984   93%
> 369128     6% /mnt
> guava01-admin:/export/lpp_source/TSM   384827392  27588984   93%
> 369128     6% /mnt

Perfectly reasonable.  Last one wins.
0
obfuscate (47)
12/9/2008 2:29:17 PM
invincible <imanuk2007@googlemail.com> wrote:
> How is this possible ?
>
> Two nfs mounts on  a same mount point ?
>
> # df -k /mnt
> Filesystem    1024-blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
> apple:/home/data/media-server/DB2   384827392  27588984   93%
  ^^^^^            ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^
nice share name

You can "stack" NFs mounts. It's not suggested umount /mnt twice and
mount what you want to clear things up.

0
presence (547)

mount on the same mount point
Hello, I'm trying to mount 2 md devices (/dev/md4 and /dev/md5) on the same mount point. I have just read that it is possible. Note : MD devices are JFS. But, altough I get no error, I do not get what I expected : the second mount command makes the first mount invisible. So, my 2 questions are : 1) is it possible to mount 2 MD devices on the same mount point? 2) If yes, how? Thanks climb65 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to mount 2 md devices (/dev/md4 and /dev/md5) on the same > mount point. I have just read that it is possible. > > Note : MD devices are ...

NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.
I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won't. However, mount -a works just fine. I've tried playing with the retry= option with no luck. nsswitch.conf is hosts: files dns, and I have an entry for the host in /etc/hosts. The client machine is SUSE 8 (2.4 kernel), the server is SUSE 9 (2.6 kernel). My fstab entry looks like this: storage01:/array/ /home/array nfs rw,auto,sync Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Brian On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:03:55 +0000, BT wrote: > I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won't. > However, mount -a works just fine. I've tried playing with the retry= > option with no luck. nsswitch.conf is hosts: files dns, and I have an > entry for the host in /etc/hosts. The client machine is SUSE 8 (2.4 > kernel), the server is SUSE 9 (2.6 kernel). My fstab entry looks like > this: > > storage01:/array/ /home/array nfs rw,auto,sync > > Does anyone have any ideas on this? chkconfig nfs on. Regards, Ian Thanks a lot, that worked. I wasn't familiar with that one. Thanks, Brian "Ian Northeast" <ian@house-from-hell.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:pan.2004.09.23.20.10.36.673222@house-from-hell.demon.co.uk... > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:03:55 +0000, BT wrote: > > > I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won't. > > However, mount -a works just fine. I've trie...

mount mount file system using nfs
I have 3 Kubuntu/Linux PCs running on my LAN. PC1 is my primary PC that I do most of my work on. It runs the 'feisty' release of kubuntu, which I believe is release 7.04. PC2 is on the network mostly so I can use the disk space for backups. It also runs the 'feisty' release. PC3 is a new PC on which I plan to do a special project. From PC3 I would like to mount files systems from PC1 so I have access to information on my primary PC. PC3 runs the 'gutsy' release of Kubuntu which is release 7.10. NFS is working fine when I mount the filesystem on PC2 on to PC1. However, when I try to mount the filesystem on PC2 on to PC3, or when I try to mount a filesystem from PC1 on PC3, I get the following error. > mount -t nfs 192.168.2.100:/media/hdc2 /mnt/hdc2 > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on > 192.168.2.100:/media/hdc2, > missing codepage or helper program, or other error > In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try > dmesg | tail or so Can anyone guide me on how to handle this error message? When I run 'dmesg | tail -20', I get the following results. > [ 39.294153] ACPI: Sleep Button (CM) [SLPB] > [ 41.412964] e100: eth0: e100_watchdog: link up, 10Mbps, half-duplex > [ 43.024546] NET: Registered protocol family 10 > [ 43.025211] lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions > [ 43.544453] ppdev: user-space parallel port driver > [ 43.884688] audit(12160...

mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist
Hello! I seem to have problems when mounting with my CD-ROM after every time I boot up Debian r3.1 (Kernel 2.6.10-1-K7; 2/18/2005): Error - kio_devices_mounthelper dialog box comes after trying to mount my CD-ROM from desktop: "mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist ... Please check that the disk is entered correctly." I open KDE's Terminal Program (Konsole) to look around: $ pwd /media $ ls -all total 3 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 1024 2005-03-11 13:52 . drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 1024 2005-03-09 22:37 .. lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2005-03-11 13:52 cdrom -> /medi...

Mounting NFS FIlesystem to AIX
Hi All, I need to mount NFS volume to an AIX host. Can anyone let me know the steps. Thanks, Tan man mknfsmnt or ( Does not survive a reboot ) mount RemoteHost:/Share /LocalMountPoint hth Hajo Thanks Hajo I used the command and changed the mount paramater value to "True" in /etc/filesystems file. This created the presistent NFS mount point. Thanks again Or use smit nfs ...

Q: to mount or not to mount?
Let's say a Linux system boots from a software mirror on /dev/hda and /dev/hdc and that a "/" partition and a swap partition are there. There is also a SCSI device, /dev/sda, which just happens to be a hardware RAID card with a bunch of SATA drives in external swap trays. It is one large partition mounted right off the root as /storage. Is there a way to allow the system to boot up happily with either all of the trays in or all of the trays out? I don't need to add or remove this area of the file system while the machine is running, but I would like to be able to boot...

HELP with autofs and NIS: How to override mount options on all mount points?
I have a Linux box that's trying to use autofs to mount a sizable number of mount points from a Solaris server. I'm doing this over a VPN, so the default mount options cause NFS to hang up hard the instant I try to work with files over a certain size. The solution is to change the mount options, and I have figured out what those options are. I have an empty /etc/auto.master file, because I want to rely entirely on the server for which mount points exist. It all works fine in terms of automatically mounting, but the mount options are wrong. Every search I have done on autofs, auto.master, etc. all talk about how to manually set up mount points, which somewhat defeats the purpose of using autofs, so I'm a bit confused. In any event, what I would like to know is how I can override the mount options for all mount points mounted by autofs. Is there a single place, such as auto.master, where I can globally specify an override set of options to apply to all autofs mounts? Thanks. ...

NFS mount on AIX 5.2
I have just installed my first AIX 5.2 system. I have an NFS-mounted common directory which I would like to mount at system boot time. The /etc/filesystems entry reads: /Common: dev = "/Common" vfs = nfs nodename = NFSServer mount = true options = ro,bg,soft,intr,retry=5,retrans=3 account = false This is exactly what we use for AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1 and it works fine, but I cannot get it to work with 5.2. When I boot, the filesystem does not mount. After the boot, I can mount it manually with just a "mount /Common" command. Am I doing som...

VAX , AIX NFS Mount Problem
Hi, Hope you guys can help on this. We have an Alpha server running on VAX Vms(I am not a VAX guy) and RS/6000 Version 4.3.3 NFS mounted both ways. We recently changed the hostname of the vax box. First we got an error like the following NFS Getattr failed for Server foo.inn.com: error 3 ( RPC:unable to Send) and accordingly updated the NFS mounts in RS/6000. and re-exported the nfs directory, and re-started the NFS deamons. But we cannot see the directories, all the following commands on AIX side gives ok signals.rpcinfo -p hn-s-jaguar rpcinfo -u hn-s-sas mount rpcinfo -u hn-s-sas...

mount -o remount of NFS doesn't preserve any mount options?
We're mounting a NAS filesystem via NFS to a SPARC Solaris 10 server, and had to remount on the fly due to a parameter change on the NAS device. The mount -o remount command neither preserved the existing mount options, nor read them from /etc/vfstab (they're the same). AFAIK it took all defaults, which caused some errors. I have resolved the issue by executing another remount and explicitly specifying all the mount options needed, but this behavior doesn't make sense to me. Is this normal behavior? I have researched the docs and the Web and don't see anything that...

mount point has gone, device is mounted, can't umount device
Hi All, How stuffed am I? su-2.04# df -m Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/da0s1a 38 31 3 89% / /dev/da0s1f 7991 2980 4370 41% /usr /dev/da0s1e 193 151 26 85% /var /dev/da1s1g 9093 5483 2882 66% /usr/local /dev/da1s1e 2015 0 1854 0% /tmp /dev/da1s1f 4032 265 3444 7% /usr/www /dev/da2s1e 32509 17319 12589 58% /usr/MS procfs 0 0 0 100% /proc /dev/da4s1e 1007 39 887 4% /mnt/rt su-2.04# cd /mnt/rt su: cd: /mnt/rt: Invalid argument Get same if I do mkdir /mnt/rt So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e? I cannot just reboot as I am not sure that da0 is still my boot drive, boot0cfg -v da0 boot0cfg: /dev/da0: unknown or incompatible boot code -- Mark Worsdall https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ On 2005-07-30, Mark Worsdall <freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk> wrote: > Hi All, > > How stuffed am I? > > su-2.04# df -m > Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on > /dev/da0s1a 38 31 3 89% / > /dev/da0s1f 7991 2980 4370 41% /usr > /dev/da0s1e 193 151 26 85% /var > /dev/da1s1g 9093 5483 2882 66% /usr/local > /dev/da1s1e 2015 0 1854 0% /tmp > /dev/da1s1f 4032 265 3444 7% /usr/www > /dev/da2s1e 32509 17319 12...

Chnage clearcase vob mount point in UNIX
Hi I have installed CC on UNIX machine and the vob are automatically mount on /vob/<Vob Name> How can I change the vob mount point from /vob to something else ( like /thevob ) Thanks EF "felad" <felad@walla.co.il> writes: > Hi > > I have installed CC on UNIX machine and the vob are automatically mount > on /vob/<Vob Name> > How can I change the vob mount point from /vob to something else ( like > /thevob ) Unmount the vob, create a new vob tag, remount the vob. "cleartool man mktag" Active users with the vob...

AIX 4.3: nfs mount: operation not permitted

Mounting a partition as nfs v2 on AIX 5.3
Hi, If I mount a partition on AIX 5.3 using mount -o vers=2 192.168.78.248:/home/nfs_share /nfs_mount The "total files" and "free files" are incorrectly displayed as -1. #/usr/sysv/bin/df -g /nfs_mount ( /home/nfs_share): 1024 block size 1024 frag size 31718244 total blocks 537448 free blocks 220266 available -1 total files -1 free files 5767170 filesys id nfs fstype 0x0000 flag -1 filename length However, mounting the same using nfs version 3 shows the correct output. I am ...

NFS mounts
I apologise for this non-Informix topic. Can anyone point me to a good URL discussing NFS and NFS performance ? I need to understand what is good and bad for NFS, and how to troubleshoot it. TIA Dirk My platform is Solaris 9 Dirk Moolman Database and Unix Administrator MXGROUP "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." sending to informix-list ...

mount points
Hi there, I am fairly new to unix and I am trying to grasp the filesystems. I think I understand mount points, file systems, inodes partitions etc. but I do not understand the following: I have a unix box with two seperate file systems I have created: One is called /unix The other is called /unix/system. I can do this right? Ok then I create a directory under /unix and call it /unix/system. I can do that right? If I can do that and I want to access a file under /unix/system how does Unix know which filesystem to go to? Thanks, Fred In article <ll7bovgth1603p98adfqu9ber5kio06er2@4ax.com&...

NFS mounting
I never needed to use NFS under OpenVMS until now. So are these steps ok ? By the way. I suggest Hoffmann to put a step-by-sten in the OpenVMS FAQs. In my OpenVMS nfs server: $ tcpip add proxy ctmagent /nfs=(incoming,outgoing) /host=clientnfs /gid=10 /uid=40 $ tcpip create container dka300:[nfs]/host=clientnfs/owner=[nnn,nnn]/username=ctmagent $ tcpip map "/nfs" dka300: $ tcpip map "/mynfs" dka300:[nfs] $ tcpip add export "/mynfs" /host=clientnfs In my OpenVMS nfs client: $ tcpip mount dnfs98: /host=servernfs / path="/mynfs" Regards FC ...

mounting NFS
I get a +1 minute pause when mounting a NFS partition. The partition is 30GB with 21GB used. The server is a Mandrake 10.1 install with kernel 2.6.8 and the client is a Mandrake 10.1 install with kernel 2.6.11 and the nics are 100 Mps. Once the partition is mounted everything is fine. Any ideas? -- clear skies, Joe http://users.erols.com/jringer3/astro1.htm On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:36:49 -0600, Joe R wrote: > I get a +1 minute pause when mounting a NFS partition. The partition is > 30GB with 21GB used. The server is a Mandrake 10.1 install with kernel > 2.6.8 and the client is a Mandrake 10.1 install with kernel 2.6.11 and > the nics are 100 Mps. Once the partition is mounted everything is fine. > Any ideas? greater than 30 second pauses... then everything is ok... usually is a DNS timeout issue. Are you using IP Addresses or names? If your using names... can you do a ping name and have it resolve t the IP Address quickly? -- D.A.M. - Mothers Against Dyslexia see http://www.jacksnodgrass.com for my contact info. jack - Grapevine/Richardson On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:16:02 GMT, Jack Snodgrass wrote: > On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:36:49 -0600, Joe R wrote: > >> I get a +1 minute pause when mounting a NFS partition. The partition is >> 30GB with 21GB used. The server is a Mandrake 10.1 install with kernel >> 2.6.8 and the client is a Mandrake 10.1 install with kernel 2.6.11 and >> the nics are 100 Mps. Once the partition is mo...

Cannot mount NFS
Hi, I have a strange problem on my laptop when trying to mount NFS filesystems. The NFS server I try to connect to is not the problem: other Linux boxes can mount the NFS-drives without any problem. Nor is a firewall running on the laptop. The only difference between the laptop and the other machines is that the laptop switches regularly... but that can hardly be the problem... I have narrowed it down to tpc/portmapper on the laptop: # rpcinfo -t localhost nfs program 100003 version 2 ready and waiting program 100003 version 3 ready and waiting program 100003 version 4 ready and waiting # rpcinfo -u localhost nfs program 100003 version 2 ready and waiting program 100003 version 3 ready and waiting program 100003 version 4 ready and waiting # rpcinfo -p localhost rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: rpcinfo: RPC: Timed out And that's as far as I get. Can anyone tell me what I need to check next? -- gr, maxx :wq! maxx wrote: > Hi, > > I have a strange problem on my laptop when trying to mount NFS filesystems. > > The NFS server I try to connect to is not the problem: other Linux boxes > can mount the NFS-drives without any problem. Nor is a firewall running on > the laptop. > > The only difference between the laptop and the other machines is that the > laptop switches regularly... but that can hardly be the problem... > > I have narrowed it down to tpc/portmapper on the laptop: > > # rpcinfo -t localhost nfs > pr...

Question regarding persistent mount points for multiple USB drives
Hi there folks, I am currently constructing a media server for my house and it's using Debian on a small CF card in a silent Epia machine. This is being done in an effort to consolidate the music and video collections that are currently spread across several USB drives about the house. I have a USB drive for my music and one for my videos, whilst my father has a drive for videos too. We would like to plug each of these into the media server and get consistant mount points for each drive, regardless of the order they are connected in, as they may be disconnected and taken away with laptops when on holiday, etc. and then reconnected out of order. A rather specific example would be; drive1 mounts to /mnt/Music drive2 mounts to /mnt/Movies drive3 mounts to /mnt/TV Does anyone have any hints on how to do this? I have to admit that I haven't given it a lot of practical mucking about yet, but from a brief Google i've not picked anything up but perhaps it's just that my google-fu is poor today. I have also been thinking about trying to use UnionFS for this sort of application, do you think this would be easier? Kind Regards, Mike Coats O/H Mike Coats έγραψε: > Hi there folks, > > I am currently constructing a media server for my house and it's using > Debian on a small CF card in a silent Epia machine. > > This is being done in an effort to consolidate the music and video > collections that are currently spread across several USB d...

NFS mount points causing boot hang when network unavailable
Our AIX system has a couple of NFS mount points to a LINUX system that is used simply as a fax server. During a recent reboot of the system, we were testing what would happen if we had no connectivity to the network. To do this, we simply disconnected the cable from the RS/6000 Ethernet card. What we found was that the system got to the point where it was trying to mount the NFS areas and simply hung there indefinitely. After about 10-15 minutes, we reconnected the network cable, and the system proceeded to continue its boot as if it had found what it was waiting for. As this is a production...

NFS Mount
Hi there, I have a problem mounting a NFS share frm a remote computer. We have the following scenario: Computer A (RedHat Linux): Two Directorys, which are shared via NFS (one IP) Computer B (RedHat Linux): Client (Two IPs; one for ssh, the other for NFS) The computers are connected via Internet trough VPN When I try to mount the NFS share from Computer B, i get an error message ( "mount: RPC: Timed out"). I mounted the shares local with success. Even mounting the shares from another computer in the network runs without problems. It seems that both computers are configured correct. All required services are installed, except NFSLock. Any idea??? Stefan Steimann wrote: > Hi there, > I have a problem mounting a NFS share frm a remote computer. We have > the following scenario: > Computer A (RedHat Linux): Two Directorys, which are shared via NFS > (one IP) > Computer B (RedHat Linux): Client (Two IPs; one for ssh, the other for > NFS) > The computers are connected via Internet trough VPN > > When I try to mount the NFS share from Computer B, i get an error > message ( "mount: RPC: Timed out"). I mounted the shares local with > success. Even mounting the shares from another computer in the network > runs without problems. It seems that both computers are configured > correct. > All required services are installed, except NFSLock. > > Any idea??? portmap running on both machines? Yes, portmap ist ru...

Windows Services for UNIX Version 3.5/NFS and remote MOUNT
Has anyone used the mount(NFS) command to write data to a remote server. If you have can you elaborate on how it works. Also, can you do image catalogs from tape etc to the NFS mount like you can to a UDFS mount. il 08/04/2009 15.19, Scrive iseriesflorida 43834128: > Has anyone used the mount(NFS) command to write data to a remote > server. If you have can you elaborate on how it works. Also, can you > do image catalogs from tape etc to the NFS mount like you can to a > UDFS mount. If it's a question, even if question mark is missing, my answer is no. I hadn't been able to configure an image catalog using as mount point any directory with DDIR type. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac' On Apr 8, 9:32=A0am, "Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli" <do.not.spam.me.ple...@nettuno.it> wrote: > il 08/04/2009 15.19, Scrive iseriesflorida 43834128:> Has anyone used the= mount(NFS) command to write data to a remote > > server. =A0If you have can you elaborate on how it works. =A0Also, can = you > > do image catalogs from tape etc to the NFS mount like you can to a > > UDFS mount. > > If it's a question, even if question mark is missing, my answer is no. > I hadn't been able to...

ADC FL1000 Wall-Mount Boxes,ADC Wall-Mounted Fiber Distribution Boxes,Wall-Mounted Fiber Distribution Panels,ADC Wall Mounted Fiber Termination Panels
=B7 ADC FL1000 Wall-Mount Boxes,ADC Wall-Mounted Fiber Distribution Boxes,Wall-Mounted Fiber Distribution Panels,ADC Wall Mounted Fiber Termination Panels Origin: China Price: To Talk About Specification: 1).ADC's FL1000 products are designed specifically to accommodate customer premises fiber termination requirements 2).FL1000 products act as part of the fiber distribution system of the enterprise network or as the demarcation point for the service provider at the customer's location 3).The 2-door wall-mount boxes offer the ability to control access to the provider and c...

Web resources about - Multiple nfs mounts on same mount point ? - comp.unix.aix

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Medical examiner: Katy teen died from multiple gunshot wounds - abc13.com
Authorities say they have identified the body found in west Houston earlier this week as missing Katy teenager Adriana Coronado.

Belgian ministers acknowledge multiple security mistakes
The attacks in Brussels have exposed missteps by European security officials and police, just four months after the Islamic State's assault on ...

Choetech 6 port USB charger: The quick way to charge multiple devices
Having multiple mobile devices is great. Charging them? Not so much. If you need to top the battery on a few smartphones and tablets at the same ...

Terror attacks hit Belgium: Multiple explosions at Brussels airport and metro
A new wave of terrorist attacks has hit Europe, following the incidents in Ankara, Turkey. A series of explosions shocked the Brussels airport ...

Leonardo Di Caprio’s Galaxia App Encourages Having Multiple Personalities
... anything posted in that group stays in that group, and can’t be seen by those outside of it. On top of that, Galaxia users can create multiple ...